Dog Discussion: The Amazing Puppy Wizard Was Killed Today In A Spectacular Information Super Highway Crash

The Amazing Puppy Wizard Was Killed Today In A Spectacular Information Super Highway Crash

The Puppy Wizard
2004-05-07 21:30:19 EST
HOWEDY People,

The Amazing Puppy Wizard Was Killed Today In
A Spectacular Information Super Highway Crash / Japanese Driver
Busted Leaving Scene \ CyberMemorial
Service At PET LOSS dot CON/ ed williams To Give Eulogy\ disciple
cad Conducting Non Denominational
High Mass/Open Casket Viewing Will Be Held At
dogplay.CON, Courtesy Of Master Of Deception
blankman In CONjunction With sindy Sadist
MOOREON Author Of HOWER ViciHOWES FAQ's Pages At k-9 Web

HOWEDY People,

The Puppy Wizard met HIS Maker today in a
spectacular high speed internet crash. Traffic
congestion and high speed may have been the
cause. No other injuries was reported.

Mrs. Puppy Wizard is reportedly looking for a good
push up the Hershey Highway to continue on HER
way, going to field trial events in BlueBalls and
Intercoure PA. as planned.

"HE would have wanted ME to enjoy the plans WE
shared for these blowHOWET weekend events,
culminating in dinner and social HOWER at the
Holiday Inn in Paradise, PA."

ISP traffic investigator technicians suspect there
may be MOORE to the scene than meets the eye.

"Hidden files reveal Japanese driver busted leaving
the scene may have mob connections. WWW Internet
technicians suspect this could have been a WWW dotcom hit.

"Who could have wanted to HURT this kindly,
gentle, considerate Soul?" asks Mrs. Puppy Wizard.

Let's take a moment to remember The Puppy Wizard
and what HE always stood, and may have died for.

"As we all know," Mrs. Puppy Wizard sez "The Puppy Wizard WAS
always HARD, yet gentle, even tender, kindly, considerate, and
WIZE beyond words. HE was
always close to his grammar, who'll miss him MOORE than words can
describe."

"Greive NOT for The Puppy Wizard" cries Mrs.
Puppy Wizard, "HE would only want everyWON
to be HAPPY, so ENJOY your PAIN," sez SHE,
apparently still lookin for a good push back to her
HOWES.

"A memorial trust fund is open, send denominations
of fifty dollars or MOORE to ed w of PET LOSS dot
CON," cries eddie w through aligator size tears,
never wanting to miss an opportunity to profit and
share the grief with those of us in PAIN.

professor lyin doc SCRUFF SHAKE dermer of the department of
ANAL-ytic behaviorISM at UofWI
stared into space with that natural born stupid
look again when he heard the sad news, and remembered The Puppy
Wizard as though HE
was STILL HERE with us.

Sez professor lying doc SCRUFF SHAKE dermer
"HE is in HIS Element nHOWE, for SHORE. We'll
all cherish HIS memory and works."

"We'll NEVER FORGET HIM" weeps roo (alikat),
self appointed behaviorist and moderator of alt.animals.dog.

disciple cad offered her spiritual words of comfort,
sayin "HE didn't REALLY exist, anyHOWE."

marybeth remembers The Puppy Wizard sayin
what do you mean by EXIST, cad honey?"

sinofabitch eagerly explained to us that The
Puppy Wizard never even SAW a dog.

An addled Master Of Deception blankman offered "perhaps HE was
never in a crash, HE possibly
died of Ebola while walkin across the highway
lookin for a port-a-potty."

booby maida could not be reached for comment
as he was busy training ThePresident's dog to
bite him on the arse and run HOWET into traffic
and get run dHOWEn, but his office did say he
plans to attend the funeral, if only to witness for
hisself, that the The Puppy Wizard is dHOWEn
for the count.

mikey d quipped, "YOU'LL GET USED TO IT, booby."

lying "I LOVE KOEHLER" lynn remains SHOCKED
"He only existed in his own mind" she sobbed through
chemically induced tears of sorrow.

lyingdogDUMMY mumbled "Hunh? Sheesh.
pass the Booker's, Pups. It's O.K., mrs. lying-
dogDUMMY knows every thing. Read your
koehler, Pups. Goddamn that Robert Crim."

lying frosty dahl (as per usual since her last EMBARRASSMENT here)
could not be reached
for comment. Rumor has it her DDR drove her NUTS:

"None of my posts, prior to or subsequent to
Jerry Howe's attacks, encourage anyone to
twist ears, beat dogs, confront, intimidate,
frighten, or any of the crap he constantly
attributes to me."

"Get A 30"- 40" Stick.You can have a helper
wield the stick, or do it yourself. Tougher, less
tractable dogs may require you to progress to
striking them more sharply," lying frosty dahl,
ethical breeder, expert trainer

BWEEEEAHAHAHHAAA!!!

"Many People Have Problems Getting The Pinch
Right, Either They Do Not Pinch Enough, Or They
Have A Very Stoic Dog. Some Dogs Will Collapse
Into A Heap. About The Ear Pinch: You Must Keep
The Pressure Up" sindy "don't let the dog SCREAM"
mooreon, author of HOWER FAQ's pages on k9 web.

You think HURTING a HUNTING DOG to
MAKE IT HUNT is NECESSARY???

"Well, Jack Did Hit My Dog. Actually I'd Call It
A Sharp Tap Of The Crook To The Nose. I Know
Jack Wouldn't HaveDone It If He Thought Solo
Couldn't Take It. I Still Crate Him Because
Otherwise I Fear He Might Eat My Cat," melanie.

You think allowing a "FEAR AGGRESSIVE MAN
SHY" dog to be BEATEN by a strange male trainer
is INTELLIGENT BEHAVIOR for a DOG LOVER?

"Warning: Sometimes The Corrections Will Seem
Quite Harsh And Cause You To Cringe. This Is A
Normal Reaction The First Few Times It Happens,
But You'll Get Over It." mike duforth, author:
"Courteous Canine."

You think HURTIN dogs and CRINGING
is COURTEOUS?

"I have heard advice stating that you should pre-load
your dog for Bitter Apple for it to work as efficiently as
possible. What oes this mean?"

Means the author is a dog abuser of the worst magnitude.

"When you bring home the Bitter Apple for the first
time, spray one squirt directly into the dog's mouth
and walk away. The dog won't be too thrilled with
this but just ignore him and continue your normal behavior."

You think HURTING your dog is NORMAL
BEHAVIOR?

--Mike Dufort
author of the zero selling book
"Courteous Canines"

You think HOWER pal mikey is playin with
a full deck?

Yeah. When I preload my dog's mouth with bitter
apple, suppose I don't get used to being stupid and
cruel, mikey?

Then HOWE do I train my dog if I can't HURT it?

"I Dropped The Leash, Threw My Right Arm Over The
Lab's Shoulder, Grabbed Her Opposite Foot With My
Left Hand, Rolled Her On Her Side, Leaned On Her,
Smartly Growled Into Her Throat And Said "GRRRR!"
And Neatly Nipped Her Ear," sionnach.

Oh, THANKS, sinofabitch...

sinofabitch writes:
> >> What I have said- repeatedly - is that he took
> >> posts from two different people,
> >> took pieces of them out of context,
> >> cobbled them together,
> >> then added his own words:

"Neatly," and "Smartly."

> >>and a fake signature.

"sinofabitch" instead of sionnach.

> >> Which is exactly what he did.
> >> The actual quote is misleading
> >> when taken out of context, and Jerry's
> >> faked "quote" is downright meaningless.
>
> >Here's Jerry's version
>
> > "I Dropped The Leash, Threw My
> > Right Arm Over The Lab's Shoulder,
> > Grabbed Her Opposite Foot With My
> > Left Hand, Rolled Her On Her Side,
> > Leaned On Her, Smartly Growled Into
> > Her Throat And Said "GRRRR!" And
> > Neatly Nipped Her Ear," sinofabitch.
>
> >Here's yours;
>
> > "I dropped the leash, threw my
> > right arm over the Lab's shoulder,
> > grabbed her opposite foot with my
> > left hand, rolled her on her side,
> > leaned on her, said "GRRRR!" and
> > nipped her ear.
>
> > --Sara Sionnach

BWAHAHAHHAHAAAA!!!!!

And from terri willis, Psychoclown wrote:
"Nope. That "beating dogs with sticks" things is
something you twisted out of context, because you
are full of bizarro manure."

"Get A 30"- 40" Stick.You can have a helper
wield the stick, or do it yourself. Tougher, less
tractable dogs may require you to progress to
striking them more sharply," lying frosty dahl,
ethical breeder, expert trainer.

You think a EXXXPERT trainer got to BEAT
a HUNTIN dog to MAKE IT HUNT?

"Pudge Was So Soft That She Could And
Would Avoid A Simple Swat On The Rump
With A Riding Crop," lying frosty dahl,
discoverer of CANNIBALISM in Labradors.

Perhaps the mom dog didn't want her babies HURT
all their lives like HOWE HOWER dog lovers PREFER
to HURT THEIR DOGS?

"John ran out, grabbed Blackie by the collar, and
gave the dog two or three medium whacks on the
rump with a training stick while holding him partially
off the ground. John then told Blackie to sit, ran back
to the line and cast him back to the dummies."

The Puppy Wizard sez a mom dog eatin her
babies to SAVE THEM from a fate like that
is COMMENDABLE.

We're gonna teach folks THAT AIN'T NORMAL...

> > > Jerome Bigge writes:
> > > I do know that hitting, hurting
> > > your dog will often make the
> > > dog either aggressive or a fear
> > > biter, neither of which we want to do.

> > And neither does anyone else,
> > Jerome. No matter
> > what Jerry Howe states.

"Just Want To Second Jerry's Method For
Dealing With This I've Suggested It To Quite
A Few Clients Now And It's Worked 'EVERY
TIME The Very First Time' - marilyn, Trainer,
33 Years Experience.

> > You're scary Marilyn.

> > Marilyn must be quite a disturbed individual. I
> > feel very sorry for her and her family.

"His Amazing Progress Almost Makes Me Cry.
Your Method Takes Positive Training To The
Next Level And Should Really Be Used By All
Trainers Who Call Themselves Trainers. Thank
You For Helping Me Save His Life," Kay Pierce,
Professional Trainer, 30 Years Experience.

> > BUT, giving you the benefit of the doubt,
> > please provide a quote (an original quote,
> > not from one of Jerry Howe's heavily edited
> > diatribes) that shows a regular poster
> > promoting or using an abusive form of
> > training.

BWWWWEAAAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!

"Rocky" <2dogs@rocky-dog.com> wrote in message

> Linda wrote in rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

> > When you
> > compare using sound and praise to solve a
> > problem with using shock collars, hanging,
> > and punishment how can you criticize the
> > use of sound?

> There's nothing more to be said, then.
> You've made up your mind.

> But you've impressed me by mentioning that
> you're a professor with 30 years of experience.
> So, can you cite some examples of people
> recommending "shock collars, hanging, and
> punishment"?

BWWWAWHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!

> --
> --Matt. Rocky's a Dog.

You think matty's playin with a full goddamned deck?

matty's NOT a liar and dog abuser.
Isn't that true, Marilyn?

Of course not, but THIS IS:

"Chin CHUCK absolutely doesn't mean slap,"
professora gingold.

terri willis, Psychoclown wrote:
"Nope. That "beating dogs with sticks" things is
something you twisted out of context, because you
are full of bizarro manure."

Sez on our FAQ'S pages at K9 Web you should knee the
dog in the chest, step on its toes, throw him down by his
ears and climb all over it like a raped ape growling into
his throat and bite IT on his ears, or leash pop it on a
pronged spiked pinch choke collar or pop him in the
snout with the heel of your palm.

"Marshall Dermer" <dermer@alpha1.csd.uwm.edu> wrote in message

> >Di,

> I don't believe you mentioned a particular kind of
> training. If you are interested in training retrieval
> behavior than do consider our own Amy Dahl's:

> The 10-Minute Retriever : How to Make a
> Well-Mannered, Obedient and Enthusiastic
> Gun Dog in 10 Minutes a Day by John I. Dahl,
>Amy Dahl

You failed to mention your pals the dahls are
proven liars and dog abusers, professor "SCRUFF SHAKE:"

"I Would Never Advise Anyone To Slap A
Dog I Do Not Believe There Is A Single
Circumstance Ever, Where Slapping A Dog
Is Anything But Destructive,"

LUCKY thing CHIN CHUCK absolutely don't
mean slap the goddamned dog, we'd look like
a conspiracy of LIARS and DOG abusers if
CHIN CHUCK DID mean SLAP the dog.

"I don't see why anyone would want to choke or
beat a dog, or how any trainer could possibly get
a good working dog by making them unhapper,
fearful, cowering, etc." sez amy lying frosty dahl.

DOES THAT SOUND LIKE THE TRUTH?

> just $17.95 at Amazon.com.

> (Also, it is best to killfile posts from the few
> regulars here who are either ill-tempered,
> ill-mannered, or just plain ill.) --Marshall

Or HOWE about HOWER just plain CRUEL
STUPID and ABUSIVE DOG ABUSERS,
professor SCRUFF SHAKE?

amy lying frosty dahl continues:

"On the other extreme, the really hard dogs
we have trained require much more frequent
and heavy application of pressure (PAIN j.h.)
to get the job done,

This is continued resistance to your increasing
authority, and the job is not done until it is
overcome

Get A 30"- 40" Stick.You can have a helper
wield the stick, or do it yourself. Tougher, less
tractable dogs may require you to progress to
striking them more sharply"

BUT NOBODY DOES THAT HERE...

"Try pinching the ear between the metal
casing and the collar, even the buckle on
the collar. Persist! Eventually, the dog will
give in but will squeal, thrash around, and
direct their efforts to escaping the ear pinch"

OR ATTACKING HIS ABUSER.

"You can press the dog's ear with a shotshell
instead of your thumb even get a studded
collar and pinch the ear against that

Make the dog's need to stop the pinching so
urgent that resisting your will fades in importance.

CHUCK IT Under ITS Chin With That Ever
Ready Right Hand, As it catches on, try using
the stick and no ear pinch.

When the dog is digging out to beat the stick
and seems totally reliable without any ear pinch,
you are finished

This is continued resistance to your increasing
authority, and the job is not done until it is
overcome" If the dog drops it, chuck it solidly
under the chin, say "No! Hold!"

(stay on the ear until it does) (perhaps because the
ear is getting tender, or the dog has decided it isn't
worth it)" lying frosty dahl.

"Chin cuff absolutely does not mean slap,"
professora gingold.

From: Marshall Dermer (dermer@alpha1.csd.uwm.edu)
In article <38CC0C43.94E2DDD1@earthlink.net>
r*z@earthlink.net writes:

>> -snip headers etc.

>> Yes. you're right, I really should find the book..
>> they don't have these books in the local pet
> > stores I frequent, where do you find Koehler?

>I got a nice large print copy from Amazon.com

>Richard

Please try Powell's Books in Portland Oregon.
Their URL is:

http://www.powells.com/

Unlike Amazon.com, Powell's keeps both
new and used books on its shelves. You
can order books via e-email.

Koehler Method Of Dog Training
by Koehler, W R
Published by HOWELL BOOK
HOUSE (0876056575,

Here's some quotes and some methods right outta your
koehler book professor "SCRUFF SHAKE and scream "NO!" into its
face for 5
seconds:"

"The Koehler Method of Dog Training (1962). New York:
Howell Book Book House(p. 52-53)."

Hanging

"First, the trainer makes certain that the collar and leash
are more than adequate for any jerk or strain that the
dog's most frantic actions could cause. Then he starts
to work the dog deliberately and fairly to the point where
the dog makes his grab. Before the teeth have reached
their target, the dog, weight permitting, is jerked from
the ground.

As in coping with some of the afore-mentioned problems
the dog is suspended in mid-air.

However, to let the biting dog recover his footing
while he still had the strength to renew the attack
would be cruelty. The only justifiable course is to
hold him suspended until he has neither the
strength nor inclination to renew the fight.

When finally it is obvious that he is physically
incapable of expressing his resentment and is
lowered to the ground, he will probably stagger
loop-legged for a few steps, vomit once or twice,
and roll over on his side.

The sight of a dog lying, thick-tongued, on his
side, is not pleasant, but do not let it alarm you

THE REAL "HOOD"

"If your dog is a real "hood" who would regard the
foregoing types of protest as "kid stuff" and would
express his resentment of your efforts by biting,
your problem is difficult -- and pressing.

"Professional trainers often get these extreme
problems. Nearly always the "protest biter" is
the handiwork of a person who, by avoiding
situations that the dog might resent, has
nurtured the seeds of rebellion and then
cultivated the resultant growth with under
correction.

When these people reap their inevitable and
oftentimes painful harvest, they are ready to
avail themselves of "the cruel trainer" whose
advice they may have once rejected because
it was incompatible with the sugary droolings
of mealy-mouthed columnists, breed-ring
biddies, and dog psychologists who, by the
broken skins and broken hearts their
misinformation causes, can be proven guilty
of the greatest act of cruelty to animals
since the dawn of time.

"With more genuine compassion for the
biting dog than would ever be demonstrated
by those who are "too kind" to make a
correction and certainly with more disregard
for his safety, the professional trainer morally
feels obligated to perform a "major operation."

"Since we are presently concerned with the dog
that bites in resentment of the demands of training,
we will set our example in that situation. (In a later
chapter we will deal with the with the much easier
problem of the dog that bites someone other than
his master."

The Amazing PosthumHOWES Puppy Wizard.
<{} ; ~ ) >

Allen Worthington
2004-05-07 21:58:01 EST
"The Puppy Wizard" <ThePuppyWizard@earthlink.net> wrote in

> The Amazing Puppy Wizard Was Killed Today

Hoorah! Good riddance.

Fuzzball
2004-05-08 00:18:56 EST

"Allen Worthington" <Allen@SPAM.BLOCKEDutgn.cc> wrote in message

> > The Amazing Puppy Wizard Was Killed Today
>
> Hoorah! Good riddance.

Whoever wrote the original message is in my twit filter, so I only saw this
reply of yours. Ditto!

..."On a side note, the Whiz's body was immediately eaten by a pack of angry
dogs. The dogs then died from acute projectile vomiting shortly
thereafter.... A funeral service is planned for this weekend. Following
the service, the dogs will be buried at St. James' Pet Cemetary..."

-Scout's Dad

The Puppy Wizard
2004-05-08 07:56:36 EST
HOWEDY fuzzball aka scout's dad,

"Fuzzball" <president@whitehouse.gov> wrote in message

> "Allen Worthington" <Allen@SPAM.BLOCKEDutgn.cc> wrote in message
>
> > > The Amazing Puppy Wizard Was Killed Today
> >
> > Hoorah! Good riddance.
>
> Whoever wrote the original message is
> in my twit filter,

INDEED. THAT'S on accHOWENT of
you're a dog abuser

> so I only saw this reply of yours. Ditto!

Yeah. Let's play peekaboo. You into ScHOWETIN?

Ooops! The Amazing Puppy Wizard
wouldn't wanna make you CRINGE
every time you punish your dog scHOWET.

> ..."On a side note,

The Amazing Puppy Wizard has played
peek-a-boo with your dog scHOWETS
CASE HISTORY.

Seems your dog scHOWET got a case
of The Puppy Wizard's SYNDROME, eh
ScHOWET'S dad? Tough break.

> the Whiz's body was immediately

ASCENDED. That's the operant term.

>. eaten by a pack of angry dogs.

Well, unlikely as that might be, if WON
was interred in a sealed caven.

> The dogs then died from acute projectile vomiting

Ever hear of poison proofin, ScHOWETS dad?

> shortly thereafter....

The Amazing Puppy Wizard has quoted
a few of your own posts that'll show us
HOWE COME your dog scHOWET is
DYIN of The Puppy Wizard's SYNDROME.

>. A funeral service is planned for this weekend.

Your dog ScHOWET will be DEATHLY
ILL for a long time.

> Following the service, the dogs will be
> buried at St. James' Pet Cemetary..."

Unless a miraculHOWES heelin occured.

> -Scout's Dad

All your dog ScHOWET'S ailments
and behavior problems are caused
by you mishandling him. ScHOWETS
ligament damage is WON symptom
of The Puppy Wizard's SYNDROME.

Let's hope you're not into workin with
ScHOWETINGcause you'll be a big
EMBARRASSMENT to the organization.

The Amazing Puppy Wizard will refrain
from further comments in this post:

From: Fuzzball (president@whitehouse.gov)
Subject: Scout's anterior/posterior
cruciate ligament damage
Date: 2004-05-06 21:04:37 PST

Hi Y'all:

Scout and I have occasionally visited here
since around 10/2000. She'll be 4 in 08/2004.

I thought I'd drop a note to say that she recently
tore here anterior and posterior cruciate ligaments,
and additionally damaged the miniscus in a freak
frisbee accident.

How heartbreaking it is to watch a dear sweet,

trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous,
kind, obedient, cheerful and brave dog pull up
completely lame.

It's like watching an injured child, who just
doesn't understand why they're hurt.

Quite heartbreaking indeed!

From: Fuzzball (president@whitehouse.gov)
Subject: Re: he knows it's wrong, but does it anyway
Date: 2004-01-15 09:59:47 PST

Hi Rex's Mom:

I have to agree with the other posters that
you'll have a difficult time breaking this behavior
without making it clear to Rex that being on
the bed is a no-no.

When he's standing there and you're not
around he weighs the two options, and he
remembers that sometimes he's allowed
up there.... which is what any 3 year old
kid does. :)

I allowed Scout up on the bed ONE TIME
on a Yosemite vacation at the cabin.

My wife and I left the kid with her grandpa
and took Scout along.

It was the day before our wedding anniversary,
which was Scout's 3rd birthday. She laid on
the bed for about 5 minutes and then threw up
right in the middle of the bed! :)

Probably a combination of the extra birthday
treat or two she got, and the excitement of
actually laying on the bed.

Learned my lesson the hard way! :)

Best of luck,

Scout's Dad

From: Scout's Dad (president@whitehouse.gov)
Subject: Re: Hot Sauce for LABS (No chewing)Date: 2002-07-12
10:48:14 PST

It all ended by about 1 year. The chewing,
the finger bitng, the going for your watch.

Now at 21 months she's a very well behaved
dog. My only complaints would be that if left
alone for 6 or 8 hours, which may only happen
once per month (I work at home) she will
occasionally dig in her favorite spot.

I think she's trying to tell me that there's
something down there but I don't want to
know what it is! :)

The only thing I ever had to do is back
when Scout was about six months she
would chase the cat because she thought
it was a game when the cat would run.

Once the cat was cornered Scout would
once again make her beseeching
noise, and let the cat bat her nose.

From: Scout's Dad (noemail@nomail.net)
Subject: Re: Thanks for the advice, BUT...
Date: 2001-08-10 09:09:01 PST

Hi Tyson:

> Is this to be expected? Should I stay the course?
> Is there something else?

The something else is patience! :)

I hate to say it but that's about all
you've got to go on right now.

Now I'm only saying this from the knowledge
of just finishing my first year raising a Lab puppy.

Scout is the only dog I've ever raised. She
bit fingers to the point that I was ready to try
anything!

Our usual technique was to say "NO BITE",
remove our fingers from her vicinity, and to
make sure she had something else in her mouth.

I just about lost my temper a few times
because it was getting rediculous!

I was wondering if she was a "defective" dog. :)

At that point I'd send her outside or place
her in her crate for her own protection. :)

We had a house full of dog chew toys.
Literally 15 things for her to chew on.
If she had something else in her mouth
then she wasn't biting someone's hands,
which is a good (and rare) thing!

I can't tell you exactly when it quit, but it did.
Scout never really "bit" anyone, she just did
lots of chewing on fingers when we let her
get at them.

My wife was worried that we'd lose our home
by getting sued from some little kid's parents,
who's hands were chewed on by our little Scout.

I would walk our daughter to school in the
morning and when we'd get there the kid
would "THRONG" Scout.

We're talking Messiah, here!

It was nearly impossible to avoid, other
than to not take the dog. And this little
dog loved every second of it!

She was in her glory! (as was our daughter)
But the way that gradeschool kids pet a dog
is to try to touch right on the eyes, coming
directly from the front, which invariably results
in getting your fingers enveloped in an excited
little mouth.

God, I would hear a little kid cry out "she BIT me",
and pull their hand away, and I'd cringe. But
the kids were never really serious about it. They
all knew that coming up and petting "The Little
Nipper" involved dodging her teeth.

And in her defense, Scout never actually drew
blood on anyone but me. And that was from
playing keepaway with the ball in the yard, where
we just both happened to get to the same place
at the same time.

Anyway, I hope this helps alleviate your fears.

It's going to be a long journey. Scout is 1 year
old in two days, and she's sitting here putting
her chin on my lap, hoping I'll take her out for
a game of frisbee, which is her favorite thing
in the universe. And as I place my hand down
by her mouth, she licked me once, and then
kept her side-lips in contact with my hand and
wrist in what I have come to interpret as a loving

embrace.

Best of luck,

Scout's Dad

From: Scout's Dad (noemail@nomail.net)
Subject: Re: dreams niightmares
Date: 2001-08-03 00:01:31 PST

HI Pal:

Scout dreams regularly. She usually twitches
her feet a little bit, and I can see her eyes moving
around under her eyelids, so it looks like REM sleep
is similar to humans. She will occasionally let out a
series of tiny little "woofs", which is about the only
time we ever get to hear her since she's not vocal at
all when awake.

On one occasion when she was around
6 months old she let out a great mornful
howl while asleep.

t was very bizarre, and only happened that
one time. I was in the room and remember
being astonished at hearing that from the little
dog that has barked about a half a dozen
episodes in her entire waking life.

We usually comment (to our 8 year old) that
she's busy chasing rabbits when she's dreaming
like that, though she's never seen a rabbit in her
life.

I imagine that if she ever did see a rabbit that
they'd become best friends if the rabbit would
have her.

Scout's Dad

From: Speakeasy (noemail@nomail.net)
Subject: Re: Survey: Good and bad Behavior
Date: 2001-07-24 11:22:29 PST

> 1. What behavior does your Lab engage in
> that you would really like to change? (Details,
> such as when the problem is at its worst, things
> you've attempted to try to change it, etc., are
> welcome.)

She tends to pull at the leash if it's the standard
collar. Enough so that she causes herself a sore
throat.

Because of that I now use one of those "Head
Harneses" (for lack of the proper name) for walking,
and it's likenight a nd day. You could walk her with a
pinky finger. The downfall is that people who meet her
think she may bite because it looks a little like a
muzzle.

Of course, when someone looks at her and see's her
entire body wagging they know she's only bound to lick
someone to death. :)

Other bad habits which have now stopped are, finger biting as a
puppy (my daughter's schoolmates dubbed
her "The Little Nipper" when we would walk to school), biting
wrist watches, chewing on books at the bookcase,
assuming that any round ball is fair game (OK, still does
a little of that), jumping during greeting.

Each of these little nightmares have subsided in
due time.

What a great dog!

The last and most difficult bad habit was digging
in the back yard. I solved it by fencing off a portion
of the yard where there was no grass, and
filling the area and planting grass.

Once there's grass there she doesn't like to dig.
But in her defense it only happened if she was
left alone for a couple of hours.

> 2. What behavior would you really like to teach
> your Lab? (this can be something you've seen
> someone else's dog do, or something you've
> made up.)

She was able to climb into my old Ford Explorer's
back seat by herself. Now that I have a 3/4 ton
Suburban she can't climb up. She hasn't yet learned
that she could just hop right up. I guess that's because we
mostly suppressed her instinct to jump up on people
or furniture, and so she doesn't really know how to jump
up on other things.

That's my next project with her.

I'll find gradually higher and higher things for her to
jump up on, until she makes the back of the Suburban.

Right now she weighs 64 lbs, and I don't know
how much longer I'll be able to lift her butt up
into the seat. :)

Tattoo
2004-05-10 21:53:18 EST
What is the materr, did the wizaed touch a nerve? Seems like he hit a bit
too close to home for many of you. I guess you have not actually read and
used the Wits End dog training. My family has (is), working better each
day. The Puppy Wizard rocks, he is consistant if anything.

"Fuzzball" <president@whitehouse.gov> wrote in message

> "Allen Worthington" <Allen@SPAM.BLOCKEDutgn.cc> wrote in message
>
> > > The Amazing Puppy Wizard Was Killed Today
> >
> > Hoorah! Good riddance.
>
> Whoever wrote the original message is in my twit filter, so I only saw
this
> reply of yours. Ditto!
>
> ..."On a side note, the Whiz's body was immediately eaten by a pack of
angry
> dogs. The dogs then died from acute projectile vomiting shortly
> thereafter.... A funeral service is planned for this weekend. Following
> the service, the dogs will be buried at St. James' Pet Cemetary..."
>
> -Scout's Dad

Paul Foster
2004-05-11 04:30:48 EST
Consistant? Yes, consistant lunatic.
PLONK

Fuzzball
2004-05-11 18:33:25 EST

"Tattoo" <nunayou@biznas.com> wrote in message
> What is the materr, did the wizaed touch a nerve?

Hi Tattoo:

How's things on Fantasy Island?

The wizz has been in my twit filter for several years. It only took two
minutes of reading his posts to realize that his counsels are not required.
All of his senseless and hurtful blatherings do nothing to make the World a
better place. He is Agrajag incarnate. A hateful child/man! Only readable
in a morbid fascination sort of way.

But that's just my sincere personal opinion. YMMV

Scout's Dad

Oh, and uh... <ZOT>

The Puppy Wizard
2004-05-11 19:01:53 EST
HOWEDY fuzzyballs,

> "Tattoo" <nunayou@biznas.com> wrote in message
> > What is the materr, did the wizaed touch a nerve?
>
> Hi Tattoo:
>
> How's things on Fantasy Island?

The Amazing Puppy Wizard just returned
from a fun filled weekend at Fantasy Island.

> The wizz has been in my twit filter for several
> years. It only took two minutes of reading his
> posts to realize that his counsels are not required.

Perhaps that's on accHOWENT of you're
a liar a dog abuser or mental case, fuzzy?

> All of his senseless and hurtful blatherings

You mean abHOWET NOT HURTIN and
MURDERING dogs and tryin to get HOWET
callin THAT, trainin?

> do nothing to make the World a better place.

Well, that's thanks to liars dog abusers cowards
and mental cases, like yourself, fuzz.

> He is Agrajag incarnate. A hateful child/man!
> Only readable in a morbid fascination sort of way.

You're a dog abuser a liar and a mental case, fuzz.

> But that's just my sincere personal opinion.

No. That's just cause you're a dog abusin
coward and mental case, fuzzyballs.

> YMMV

BWEEEEEHAHAHAHHAAAA!!!

> Scout's Dad
>
> Oh, and uh... <ZOT>

"ZOT"?

Welcome To Fantasy Dog Training Island, People!

"De plane boss, de plane!"

Mr. Roarke: "Well, let's go down and
welcome our visitors, shall we, my little
friend, Tattoo?"

"Oh, si boss, si! De plane, boss! De plane!
De plane!"

"Si. Chill out, Tattoo. Our guests will be
arriving momentarily. Pull yourself together
and stop acting like a skeevy little frootloop,
Tattoo. You give me the willies when you
get like this.

HOWER guests have arrived!

Ahhhh, welcome to Fantasy Dog Training
Island, People!

I'm your host Mr. Roarke. You've come to
Fantasy Dog Training Island to enjoy handling
and training your dogs? Or perhaps you have
some little idiocyncracy you'd like to hmmm,
shall we say ADJUST?

Excelllente!

Here on Fantasy Dog Training Island, right
is wrong, and wrong is right, and you're
always in control, even when you kill your
dogs to make bad things right, TO BE FAIR!"

"Boss, boss, boss, do you think you should
mention that part?"

"But of course, Tattoo. Here on Fantasy Dog
Training Island, we only kill our best dogs in
our fantasies, where everybody lives happily
ever after, just like me an you, my little needy
friend, Tattoo!"

"But boss, boss, boss, these visitors to
Fantasy Dog Training Island have LIVE
dogs, boss. They'll train them here in their
FANTASIES, but in real life, those dogs
are likely to run away, destroy their HOWESES,
eat their children and attack their guests, and
they'll kill their best dogs to be fair, for REAL, boss.

Our guests will be going back to the real
world in just a couple of days, boss...

You can't let that happen to them, boss!"

"Ahhhh, not to worry my sniveling little friend,
Tattoo! This is all FANTASY! Relax! Enjoy
our guests, Tattoo. Bring them all something
refreshing from the Fantasy Bark and Grill
while I get to know some of the bimbos better.

Now run along Tattoo and make our
guests feel comfortable, like they're in
their own HOWES!"

"But boss! Bosss!!!"

"Hush! Go now, Tattoo, our company awaits...

Greetings people! Are you familiar with your dog
training equipment? Have you notice your crates,
head halters, shock collars, spray collars, and
your pronged spiked pinch choke collars?

For SHORE they LOOK like torture devices,
and in real life, they ARE torture devices, but
NOT HERE, on Fantasy Dog Training Island!

Here your crate and pronged spiked pinch
choke device are YOUR FRIENDS! I'll
introduce you to your friend the shock collar
too, while we're examining our TOOLS to
enhance the bond between trainer and dog,
here on Fantasy Dog Training Island!

Notice if you will, your aversive spray collars.
NO! Don't aim it at yourself, I can assure you,
it IS loaded..."

"But boss, bossss!!!"

"Get off my butt, you miserable cussed little dwarf.

Pay no attention to the spoiled child, People.
He's troubled and is supposed to be in his
room resting. He's harmless, and means well,
but all this excitement seems to have
overwhelmed him.

I usually take him to the park for a couple
hours a day, but today we were preparing
for your visit."

"But boss, these people are going to lock
their dogs in boxes and shock and choke
their dogs, thinking they're TRAINING them!"

"Relax Tattoo! Go to your room while I
explain to them HOWE the crate teaches
the dog his box is his HOWES that he
should respect. I'll teach them that locking
IT in the box to control behaviors they can't
train, is GOOD!

We'll say crating teaches IT, BONDING!!!

Now go to your room, Tattoo, you're overtired.

We'll tell them their dogs LIKE responsibility
and are asking for punishment when the dog
questions authority, just like you enjoy, Tattoo.

You're fine with the mild static like stimulation
of your shock collar, are you not, my little friend?

Now run along to your room."

"But boss,"

"'ZAP!' Bad Tattoo! You shouldn't be
disrespectful, you imputent little troll."

"Ouch! But boss!"

"ZAP!"

"Ouch! But boss! That'll make their dogs
hyperactive, vicious, and scared in real life,
and might get them DEAD, boss!"

"Relax Tattoo, this is Fantasy Dog Training Island!"

But this ain't no FANTASY, People.
This is real life...

Dogs DIE because of our ineffective, inappropriate
handling and training tactics as taught by our REAL
LIFE Fantasy Dog Trainers here on rpdb and in the
dog behavior industry.

Your Puppy Wizard. <{}: ~ ( >

Try this:

To whom it may concern,

My name is Crystal Arcidy and I am the
proud owner of a beautiful 3 year old white
German Shepherd named Starr.

I am writing to inform you of a training
method that is truly amazing. Starr is by
nature very cautious and fearful and
because of this and my not knowing how
to handle it she became environmentally
shy as well.

Before Starr came into my life I never would
have believed that a dog could be the way
she was unless it had been badly abused
or trained to be aggressive.

Now I'm finding out more and more that there
are lots of dogs with serious behavior problems
who were never abused, but mishandled.

Before I tell you about my experience with
Jerry Howe, Doggy Do Right, and the Wits
End Dog Training Technique I would like to
relate to you Starr's story so you'll have a
better understanding as to what I was dealing
with:

Starr was three months old when I brought
her home from a local pet shop. A few days
later a friend came by to see her and that
was when I first saw that Starr was by no
means friendly.

She was so shy she tried to pull away and hide.
I was told that dogs go through a "fear stage"
and thought that was all I was dealing with.

But after a week or two Starr began barking
protectively at guests and neighbors from
inside the house.

The only way I could stop the barking, and
later howling, was if I picked her up and
held her.

Outside Starr's behavior was not protective
it was horribly fearful. It got to the point that
when I would ask, "You want to go outside?"
Starr would run the other way and dodge me
so I would make her go.

She went out only to relieve herself and then
she'd dash back to the house. I could not take
her for walks and she wouldn't even sit on my
back deck without crying.

Starr was afraid of other dogs, people, cars,
loud noises, open spaces....everything. I was
sure that she had the potential of becoming
a fear biter and that worried me.

I spoke with an amateur dog trainer who said
that shepherd's are sometimes fearful as
puppies, especially females, and that training
and socializing would help.

She said I could bring Starr to the vet and
just sit with her so she could watch the other
dogs. But Starr was a nervous wreck in the vets.

She would get in a corner and shake terribly.
It didn't seem like it was helping at all with
my dog's anxiety and I asked the vet what
to do to get her over her fears.

The doctor recommended a trainer/behaviorist
and we called and set up a meeting. And so I
took Starr to her first trainer at six months old.

She was terrified. The trainer assured me that
he could 'get her through' her fears. He
explained to me how training would lessen
Starr's anxiety and build confidence.

Because Starr was so timid he wanted to
start out with clicker training. He said it was
the best form of training for shy dogs.

He instructed me to get a thin three foot
stick to be the focus, the object being Starr
would learn to follow the stick. Every time she
touched it with her nose she got a click and a treat.

After I got Starr home it only took about a
minute for Starr to get the idea. But these
results were restricted to inside my house.

When I took Starr outside or to her lessons
she was just too nervous to care about
eating. The reward was not worth it.

All Starr wanted was to get back to the house,
where she felt safe. When the trainer realized
that Starr was too uncomfortable at his place
he suggested we meet and work at my house.

It was then that he saw that Starr was not going
to progress using the clicker training. [Forcing
food into her mouth didn't make her want to eat
it] So he reverted to conventional methods.

*(The "BALANCED TRAINER" IOW, knows
WHEN to HURT... jh.)

We started using a flat collar but with all the
pulling Starr would do the trainer quickly
advised me to purchase a choke chain. I did
so and he showed me how to use it.

I was very hesitant but he assured me that I
could not hurt the dog.

We continued working in an area Starr was
pretty comfortable in, then proceeded out to
the street. Starr was very scared and would
bolt, whine, shake horribly and grind her teeth.

All of which got corrected by a quick, sharp
jerk on the chain and a firm "No!"

Of course now I know that these firm
corrections were just creating more anxiety
for my dog. But at the time it seemed to
make sense.

After seeing how afraid Starr actually was
on the street the trainer told me to get some
Serene-um, an herbal product that would
calm her down. It took the edge off her fear,
but I had to give her beyond the dosage
recommended for her weight.

The trainer said that was fine. He also told
me that putting her on adult food would help.
That way she wouldn't have as much energy
that was just being turned into nervous energy
and making her worse.

I changed her food and he later recommended
senior food. I decided against that.

The trainer told me not to speak reassuringly
when Starr was scared because she would
think she was being praised for being afraid,
that I wanted that behavior.

He told me never to praise her for barking
because it would encourage aggression.

When Starr would bark at the neighbors dog
aggressively I was to force her into a submissive
down, the Alpha Rollover, which I was never
able to maneuver.

I told the trainer that Starr was still
uncontrollable even with the choker.

Her fear seemed more important than the pain
she experienced from the collar. He suggested
getting her a Gentle Leader.

Its worn around the dog's head. I'm sure
you're familiar with the product. This gave
me more control over her bolting but when
she got spooked by something she would
pull away and reared up like a wild horse.

It was very difficult to get her to calm down
even a little after she had gone to this extreme.

I later found out that I was misdirected on
how to use the Gentle Leader.

After about seven months of this Starr had
made very little progress. She knew all the
commands and would do them perfect when
calm, but the fear and anxiety were still there
and still very much in control of her.

The trainer thought she was all right and told
me he was happy with the results. At that
point I was hardly listening to anything he said.
I knew he was trying to help but I also knew
that Starr was beyond him and I had already
set up a meeting with another trainer, one
that came highly recommended.

The second trainer referred to her place as
doggy boot camp and said that kind of
discipline and structure is what dogs,
especially dogs like Starr, really needed.

She was a breeder of German Shepherds
and several of her dogs were used in movies
and as therapy and protection dogs.

*(Our "ETHICAL" breeders... jh.)

She told me that Starr needed to get away
from me, her 'security blanket' and learn to
be on her own. She told me that when I got
Starr back she would be a totally different dog.

I left Starr for eleven days with this trainer.
When I went to pick her up I was informed
that Starr had been hiding for the first three
days of her stay. But the trainer was happy
with her progress.

When Starr was brought out I was told to
ignore her until the trainer said it was okay
and even then I couldn't pet her or kneel
down to see her. [I still don't know why.] My
formerly 65 lb. German Shepherd looked like
a Greyhound she was so thin.

But she did look much more confident. Her
face seemed relaxed, but her tail was tucked
up under her. When I asked about that the
trainer said it was nothing. She said her tail
was not suppose to curl up the way it did.

I was then informed that I needed to buy a
pinch collar and leather leash.

Starr was too strong and determined in her
pulling for me to get by with just the choker.
[ This trainer laughed at the Gentle Leader
and said it was not a training tool.]

The trainer showed me how to use the collar
and I flinched as she did and Starr let out a
sharp cry.

The trainer noticed my reaction and insisted
that she wasn't hurting my dog, saying that I
have to stop treating Starr like a 'piece of
china', saying that she was a strong dog
and needed to be told who was boss.

I accepted what she said and she proceeded
to teach me all that she had taught Starr.
She used the word 'Here' instead of 'Come'
saying that it sounded nicer to the dog and
more inviting. I was told that its best if when
called Starr comes right up close, attaining
physical contact.

Everything seemed to be going well, though
I wouldn't have said she seemed like a different
dog, until the trainer left to get Starr's old collar
for me.

When she returned Starr lunged and barked
aggressively. It took me completely by surprise.
I did not know why she was acting so aggressive.

The trainer took the leash and gave Starr a
strong reproof for that and explained to me
that some dogs [big nasty ones, she said]
acted like that when the owners came to get
them because they were afraid, on seeing
the trainer, that she would take them away
from their owners again.

This trainer also instructed me to 'punish'
Starr by ignoring her for a half hour or so
after she had been corrected for something
very bad or if she did not do good working
for me one day.

She said that dogs remember when they do
bad and that she'd learn to try harder to please me.

So I took my skinny little shepherd home
and for two months worked with her everyday
exactly as I was told.

Starr's anxiety was still profound and she
still was not happy to go for a walk or to
stay outside.

She was more confident, but only in areas
of aggression, territorialism, and being
possessive of me. [She did not like it when
my cat came into my room.]

I called the trainer to ask about barking
collars and she told me which one to buy.

After I got it she showed me how to use it
saying it must be tight. She said it would
help with Starr's aggression as well as the
barking. And for a while it was much quieter
in my house.

I did not like the way the collar sometimes
made Starr cry and I really didn't like how
if my two dogs were real close the other
dog's bark would sometimes set it off. But
it was only temporary, I thought. I always
checked for irritation on my dog's neck but
one day when I took the collar off I saw
that Starr had sores on her throat.

I kept the collar off until it was completely
healed and then used it only when I felt I
had to, and only on the lowest setting.

*(HOWE COME all these stories sound
alike??? jh.)

It wasn't long before I put it away and never
used it again. I made arrangements to bring
Starr back to her second trainer to work
together and in exchange I would help taking
care of the other dogs -cleaning and feeding
and such- but it never worked out and I am
so glad it didn't!

My next attempt to find help was after I read
a pamphlet on Ttouch. I thought, finally, this
will help! I spoke to the Ttouch practitioner
and set up an appointment. She came to the
house and evaluated Starr.

She told me it would most likely take many
sessions to get Starr over her issues. The
first thing she had me do was change from
the pinch collar to a flat collar the second
thing she had me do was put a T-shirt on my dog.

She likened the feel of shirt to getting a hug.
Starr did seem to calm down when she was
wearing the T-shirt. Looking back I realize
that although Starr was calm she was far
from happy and relaxed.

I wanted to work outside, thinking it would
be easier on my dog since she got so upset
when people came into the house. But the
Ttouch lady insisted we work inside the house,
saying that she had to get used to people
coming inside.

I went along with what she said, but after the
aggression brought out by the second trainer
and the pinch collar Starr was very difficult to
handle.

Next the Ttouch person showed me a few different
touches to do on Starr. She demonstrated the touches
on a large stuffed animal I had because she couldn't
get close to Starr let alone to actually touch her.

She said that dogs keep all their stress in their
tail and I was instructed to do Ttouch on her
tail. She showed me what she called an ear
slide that would help with car- sickness and
it worked.

Then she talked a lot about calming signals,
yawning, sighing etc.... Starr was uncomfortable
with this strange way of petting and cried a lot,
but the lady informed me that was normal.

The touches are designed to change the
cellular memory and Starr knew that this
was not petting. It was a 'conscious touch'.

The weirdest thing was an effort to make
Starr aware of her body. She demonstrated
on the stuffed animal [she was still unable to
touch Starr] how to wrap ACE bandages
around the animal's body so that as they
moved they would feel it and be aware of
themselves.

And then there was the hair elastics around
my dog's feet to give her a better awareness
of her feet because Starr was nervous walking
on hard,smooth floors.

To address the problem I was having with
Starr pulling on the leash the Ttouch person
instructed me to take the middle of my six
foot leash in my left hand and bring it up
above Starr's left shoulder, then place the
length of the leash real low across her chest
and bring the handle up above her right
shoulder and hold it in my right hand.

The plan was to keep her front legs from
being able to move fast enough to pull.
But Starr easily backed out of this arrangement
and took off, bolting to the end of the lead.

I told the lady what was happening and she
recommended a harness.

After Starr was wrapped in bandages, wearing
a T-shirt, a muzzle and a harness we took her
out-side.

Starr was not happy. I was not happy. But
the Ttouch person said it would help so we
did it. After a month of this I gave up on
Ttouch and went back to the pinch collar
with which I had at least some control.

*(Sound typical, doesn't it... jh.)

I asked a friend to help simply by coming
over and trying to make friends with my dog.
I kept a muzzle on Starr most of the time and
eventually my friend got to pet her, though Starr
was not comfortable with it.

My friend suggested that I give Starr Passion
Flower and I tried it.

*(An EXCELLENT sleep aid... jh.)

At this point I had already tried a number of
different herbs and herbal mixtures that were
especially for dogs.

The herbs didn't make enough of a difference
and I thought about putting her on Prozac or
something like it. I decided against it because
of fears of side affects and was back where I
started, except worse because Starr was now
showing signs of aggression after working with
that second trainer.

I found another dog training place this one
claimed to be the 'Disney World for dogs'.
I went down to talk to the people there before
putting Starr through it. One of the trainers
there told me that if my dog was over two
years old and still the way she was then s
he'd be like that forever.

I was extremely discouraged by that, but I
wouldn't allow myself to believe it was true.

Needless to say Starr never went to those
trainers.

Ever since I realized that Starr was not a
normal dog I've been searching for a way
to help her get over her fears.

It became the most important thing to me.
I was sure that I would find answers and I
knew I couldn't give up. I knew I couldn't
live with her the way she was and I knew
I couldn't give her away so I just continued
searching.

I read training and behavior books one after
the other. Some were very discouraging in
what they had to say about shyness in dogs.

The last book I bought was called "Help For
Your Shy Dog" and it gave an example
of a dog in recovery from fear and anxiety
and it had taken the owner/trainer five years
to get to that point!

And the dog was still a work in progress!

When I first decided to try Mr. Howe's
machine I was hopeful if not confident.
I did not want to speak to him at first
because I did not want to hear what I
heard from the other trainers. I did not
want to trust another trainer only to be
disappointed in the end.

I found Doggy Do Right on-line at a friend's
house, got the information and decided to
give it a try. I noticed within a few days, if
that long, that Starr was calmer when the
machine was on.

Things would happen that would normally
upset her and she'd give one or two barks
and then give up.

When I saw her acting calm I'd look over
at the machine and every time, at first, it
was on. After a little while of using the
machine along with the training technique
I'd check to see that the reason for her self-
controlled barking was that Doggy Do Right
was on and I was amazed to see that it wasn't.

I was like, "Wow, she's being so good and the
thing isn't even on!" The tiny part of my crazy
dog that had some self-control, or some
semblance of ease, was growing stronger.

The training and the machine were allowing
Starr to realize that not everything in the world
is going to kill her.

As far as the training technique, it's gentle,
fast, and completely positive.

Mr. Howe's approach to training is so different
from any other form of training that even after
reading his training manual I had to call and
speak with him in order to really understand
his method and the reasoning behind it and
how to apply it with particular situations with
Starr.

I had many questions and misconceptions
because of all the other training information
I got and he took time to explain everything.

He told me that all Starr's behavioral problems
were connected and that properly handling each
one would help the others.

All the little things that I was ignoring
because, in comparison to Starr's main
problems, they seemed irrelevant I started
working on, each thing she worked through
helped to deal with the next.

Mr. Howe was very helpful and after putting
a flat collar back on my dog and working with
her a few weeks I saw a change in her general
attitude. I was glad that I was not to use a food
treat with this system, knowing that if food was
the incentive it wasn't going to work for my dog.

Starr was much happier and relaxed without
the pinch collar and her barking was much
more controllable.

Starr, however was too difficult for me to
handle and I was not proficient at this new
form of training and I ended up taking her
to meet Mr. Howe and he worked with her.

I was surprised that Jerry was able to pet
my dog let alone work with her the first day.
For one week he had her and the change in
Starr was incredible!

She was happy and relaxed. She was willing
to work and she was much more comfortable
being around cars and people. We met on
three occasions during that week to work
together and I learned so much.

The first time we got together to work Starr
was much more content and happy. By the
end of the session Starr was willing to go
with Jerry in his car.

This impressed me because of what happened
when Starr thought the second trainer she had
was going to take her away from her family.

But she was comfortable with Jerry and the
reason for that was the way he treated her.
I was amazed while, on the last occasion
that we worked together, people walked by
my dog without upsetting her.

I was expecting her to bolt away but she
didn't. She was calm and confident as they
passed, which, for her, was a huge change.

The Wits' End Dog Training method is based
on distraction and praise. It focuses more on
the thought process than a dog following commands.

The dog psychology Jerry has figured out
and built his method around is amazing.

I learned from him how to handle the leash
in a way so as to keep my dog calm. He
explained that because of all Starr's past
experience with training she was always
afraid of being corrected.

Tension on the leash is what caused her
to spook so I now keep the leash nice
and slack.

He taught me how and when to praise in
order to encourage thought and instill
confidence and trust.

His technique using the sound distraction and
exuberant praise gave me the answer to the
endless barking and the cat-chasing and all
without stressing out my hyper-sensitive dog.

Starr is a much happier dog and she has so
much more confidence in herself and in me
as her handler.

I will never use any other form of dog training
on any dog I ever own/train.

Mr. Howe's approach to dog training has
ended up saving many mislabeled "bad
dogs," turning them into great pets and
working dogs.

I am recommending this and only this
form of training to anyone with dogs no
matter what it is they want to accomplish
with their dogs.

As you now know I have tried everything
I could find to help my extremely nervous,
but wonderful dog and this is the only thing
that has really made a difference in Starr's
behavior and her general attitude.

As a dog lover and the owner of a so-called
"lost cause dog" I feel I must share with you
my experiences and advocate this system.

There is nothing better for disturbed dogs
and no better way of preventing bad behavior
then positive, gentle training.

I will recommend nothing else and never
again will I use any other form of training,
discipline and behavior modification.

Thank you for your time.
Sincerely,
Crystal Arcidy