Dog Discussion: Dog For Extreme Cold Weather

Dog For Extreme Cold Weather

Sarah Hergen
2003-08-06 01:19:15 EST
Greeting folks, from Alaska. I was wondering if you could help me
select a dog breed to live here in sub-zero weather. I just moved
here. I know that most of the people around here keeps Malamutes and
Huskies, but I was wondering about more interesting sporting breeds.

Would a Lab survive up here?

How about a Golden?

Irish Setter?

Also, there is a BEAUTIFUL breed that I need you to help me identify.
Here is a picture of it:

http://www.winternet.com/~redright/scatsite/scatpix/dpandl_page/scatrat7.jpg

I am open to a variety of choices.

Here are some other possibilities:

http://www.winternet.com/~redright/scatsite/scatpix/dpandl_page/dump404.jpg

http://www.winternet.com/~redright/scatsite/scatpix/dpandl_page/dump405.jpg

http://www.winternet.com/~redright/scatsite/scatpix/dpandl_page/Levis06.jpg

http://www.winternet.com/~redright/scatsite/scatpix/dpandl_page/3QTFUN-4.JPG

http://www.winternet.com/~redright/scatsite/scatpix/dpandl_page/dump128.jpg

Any suggestions?

Very Joyful
2003-08-06 01:25:49 EST
WARNING... DO NOT LOOK AT THE PICTURES
UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE GROSSED OUT!!!

"Sarah Hergen" <SarahHergen@dogomania.com> wrote in message
> Greeting folks, from Alaska. I was wondering if you could help me
> select a dog breed to live here in sub-zero weather. I just moved
> here. I know that most of the people around here keeps Malamutes and
> Huskies, but I was wondering about more interesting sporting breeds.
>
> Would a Lab survive up here?
>
> How about a Golden?
>
> Irish Setter?
>
> Also, there is a BEAUTIFUL breed that I need you to help me identify.
> Here is a picture of it:

http://www.winternet.com/~redright/scatsite/scatpix/dpandl_page/scatrat7.jpg

> I am open to a variety of choices.
>
> Here are some other possibilities:

http://www.winternet.com/~redright/scatsite/scatpix/dpandl_page/dump404.jpg

http://www.winternet.com/~redright/scatsite/scatpix/dpandl_page/dump405.jpg

http://www.winternet.com/~redright/scatsite/scatpix/dpandl_page/Levis06.jpg

http://www.winternet.com/~redright/scatsite/scatpix/dpandl_page/3QTFUN-4.JPG

http://www.winternet.com/~redright/scatsite/scatpix/dpandl_page/dump128.jpg

> Any suggestions?

Supergoof
2003-08-06 01:47:50 EST
"Very Joyful" <post@newsgroup.pls> wrote in message
> WARNING... DO NOT LOOK AT THE PICTURES
> UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE GROSSED OUT!!!
>

> "Sarah Hergen" <SarahHergen@dogomania.com> wrote in message
> > Greeting folks, from Alaska. I was wondering if you could help me
> > select a dog breed to live here in sub-zero weather. I just moved
> > here. I know that most of the people around here keeps Malamutes and
> > Huskies, but I was wondering about more interesting sporting breeds.

blecch! I wouldn't mind so much if the poster had at least been honest
about what the images were, instead of pretending they were dog pics!

grrrr

Have fired the message and headers off to groups-abuse@google.com

Rachel
(New Zealand)

Charlie Wilkes
2003-08-06 03:58:23 EST
On 5 Aug 2003 22:19:15 -0700, SarahHergen@dogomania.com (Sarah Hergen)
wrote:

>Greeting folks, from Alaska. I was wondering if you could help me
>select a dog breed to live here in sub-zero weather. I just moved
>here. I know that most of the people around here keeps Malamutes and
>Huskies, but I was wondering about more interesting sporting breeds.
>
>Would a Lab survive up here?
>
>How about a Golden?
>
>Irish Setter?

HORK! I'd say just about anything will fit your lifestyle as long as
it's not housebroken.

Charlie

Polytone
2003-08-06 06:17:53 EST
interesting.

"Sarah Hergen" <SarahHergen@dogomania.com> wrote in message
> Greeting folks, from Alaska. I was wondering if you could help me
> select a dog breed to live here in sub-zero weather. I just moved
> here. I know that most of the people around here keeps Malamutes and
> Huskies, but I was wondering about more interesting sporting breeds.
>
> Would a Lab survive up here?
>
> How about a Golden?
>
> Irish Setter?
>
> Also, there is a BEAUTIFUL breed that I need you to help me identify.
> Here is a picture of it:

http://www.winternet.com/~redright/scatsite/scatpix/dpandl_page/scatrat7.jpg

> I am open to a variety of choices.
>
> Here are some other possibilities:

http://www.winternet.com/~redright/scatsite/scatpix/dpandl_page/dump404.jpg

http://www.winternet.com/~redright/scatsite/scatpix/dpandl_page/dump405.jpg

http://www.winternet.com/~redright/scatsite/scatpix/dpandl_page/Levis06.jpg

http://www.winternet.com/~redright/scatsite/scatpix/dpandl_page/3QTFUN-4.JPG

http://www.winternet.com/~redright/scatsite/scatpix/dpandl_page/dump128.jpg

> Any suggestions?

The Puppy Wizard
2003-08-06 07:43:17 EST
HOWEDY supergoofey,

It's hard to get dogs to pose for scat pics.

Go ahead and complain abHOWET OFF TOPIC posts.

Maybe someWON of HOWER DOG LOVERS will come up with some
dog scat pics to suit your tastes.

Ewwww... That's not EXXXACTLY what I meant...

"Supergoof" <die.spammer@die.die.die> wrote in message
> "Very Joyful" <post@newsgroup.pls> wrote in message
> > WARNING... DO NOT LOOK AT THE PICTURES
> > UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE GROSSED OUT!!!
> >

> > "Sarah Hergen" <SarahHergen@dogomania.com> wrote in message
> > > Greeting folks, from Alaska. I was wondering if you could help me
> > > select a dog breed to live here in sub-zero weather. I just moved
> > > here. I know that most of the people around here keeps Malamutes and
> > > Huskies, but I was wondering about more interesting sporting breeds.
>

> blecch! I wouldn't mind so much if the poster had at least been honest
> about what the images were, instead of pretending they were dog pics!
>
> grrrr
>
> Have fired the message and headers off to groups-abuse@google.com
>
> Rachel
> (New Zealand)

The Puppy Wizard
2003-08-06 13:30:50 EST
Master Of Deception blankman's site recommends HOT SAUCE. Cut the poo in
half lengthWIZE,
and fill with your favorite hot sauce and feed it
back to the dog to break coprophagia.

Is that you in the last pic???

NICE STUFF!

"Sarah Hergen" <SarahHergen@dogomania.com> wrote in message
> Greeting folks, from Alaska. I was wondering if you could help me
> select a dog breed to live here in sub-zero weather. I just moved
> here. I know that most of the people around here keeps Malamutes and
> Huskies, but I was wondering about more interesting sporting breeds.
>
> Would a Lab survive up here?
>
> How about a Golden?
>
> Irish Setter?
>
> Also, there is a BEAUTIFUL breed that I need you to help me identify.
> Here is a picture of it:

http://www.winternet.com/~redright/scatsite/scatpix/dpandl_page/scatrat7.jpg

> I am open to a variety of choices.
>
> Here are some other possibilities:

http://www.winternet.com/~redright/scatsite/scatpix/dpandl_page/dump404.jpg

http://www.winternet.com/~redright/scatsite/scatpix/dpandl_page/dump405.jpg

http://www.winternet.com/~redright/scatsite/scatpix/dpandl_page/Levis06.jpg

http://www.winternet.com/~redright/scatsite/scatpix/dpandl_page/3QTFUN-4.JPG

http://www.winternet.com/~redright/scatsite/scatpix/dpandl_page/dump128.jpg

> Any suggestions?

The Puppy Wizard
2003-08-06 13:32:16 EST
HOWEDY Charlie,

"Charlie Wilkes" <charlie_wilkes@easynews.com> wrote in message
> On 5 Aug 2003 22:19:15 -0700, SarahHergen@dogomania.com (Sarah Hergen)
> wrote:
>
> >Greeting folks, from Alaska. I was wondering if you could help me
> >select a dog breed to live here in sub-zero weather. I just moved
> >here. I know that most of the people around here keeps Malamutes and
> >Huskies, but I was wondering about more interesting sporting breeds.
> >
> >Would a Lab survive up here?
> >
> >How about a Golden?
> >
> >Irish Setter?
>
> HORK! I'd say just about anything will fit your lifestyle as long as
> it's not housebroken.

HOWE bHOWET a poo eatin dog?

Competition? Or ally?

> Charlie

Chris Garcia
2003-08-06 13:38:23 EST
S*n@dogomania.com (Sarah Hergen) decided to join the conversation
on 06 Aug 2003 with message news:18866058.0308052119.19ea5ee1
@posting.google.com:

> Also, there is a BEAUTIFUL breed that I need you to help me identify.
> Here is a picture of it:

well.. apparently you aren't too strict on housebreaking. whatever dog you
choose should appreciate that.

--
-Chris

http://www.ChrisGarcia.com <- My Homepage