Dog Discussion: 6Month Old Barking Buddy

6Month Old Barking Buddy

Mr. Tolkien
2004-04-01 09:51:20 EST
Hey y'all,

I have a 6 month old Husky/Retreiver mix. We are crate training him
and things are going good. However, there are a couple of things going
on that we are not sure are going to go away (with age) or if we can
help him along with it.

1- He is put in his cage at about 10PM and goes right to bed without
trouble. But, he wakes up at about 5:30am barking like mad to go out
for a pee. It's not too bad during the week (we get up at 6am anyway),
but on weekends we would like to sleep in a bit. What we did to try
and help him along was to stop the water drinking after 7pm and allow
for a lot of outside time. This is what the vet recommended. It worked
but not for long. Also, when we go down in the morning, he has to go
so bad, he often tinkles all over the place as im taking him out of
his cage. He is scheduled to get fixed next week and we are hoping
that this may help out a lot with this problem. Any ideas? Will this
just go away?

2- Eating is another problem. When he comes in after his morning pee
etc.. we feed him. Well, he woofs down his food so quick and drinks
like a drunk on a drinking binge then pukes up all over the place. To
help out with this I started to get the kids (I have two) to feed him
half his food by hand. In other words I put half the food in his bowl
and the other half, the kids take turns hand feeding him. This seems
to work and he also starts to look at the kids as providers and this
is a good thing. I just don't know how long this will last. Does this
binge eating and drinking go away?

BTW, The Puppy Gizzard.... This is my first time here in
alt.animals.dog and it's obvious you will reply to this post. It's not
like you have anything better to do. I just wanted to let you know
your a dick and I won't be reading anything you post.

Thanks everyone!

The Puppy Wizard
2004-04-01 15:53:06 EST
HOWEDY Mr. Tolkien,

"Mr. Tolkien" <mrtolkien@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hey y'all,
>
> I have a 6 month old Husky/Retreiver mix.

Well good for you! That presents an interesting
challenge, bein that WON half your dog is EZ
to train and the other half is IMPOSSIBLE to train.

> We are crate training him

You mean you're locking IT in a box cause
you don't have the intellect to HOWEtwit the
cunning of the domestic puppy dog.

> and things are going good.

INDEEDY! So NHOWE you're writing here
for HOWER entertrainment.

> However, there are a couple of things going
> on that we are not sure are going to go away

Behavior problems that are repressed or ignored
usually get worse or change to other seemingly
non related, often worse, behaviors as substitutes
or trainsfer behaviors.

> (with age) or if we can help him along with it.

Well, perhaps you need some Labrador puppy
trainin tips from lying frosty dahl, ethical Labrador
puppy miller:

Borrowed from: "Puppy Raising Tips" from
professional trainers, John and Amy Dahl.

"Around four months many puppies can withstand a
correction. Unfortunately this is the time they start
teething and if their mouth hurts, they may act
generally sensitive. If this is the case, be patient and
wait for all those baby teeth to fall out.

In training, retrievers often respond to physical correction
better than verbal correction. While "NO!" is extremely
useful if puppy is about to bite an electrical cord or steal
food off the table, when you are teaching them something
(like obedience) a sharp jerk on their lead or swat with a
stick gets the message across with less emotion and less
effect on their confidence.

If they drop the dummy and act like their mouth hurts
when they are teething, stop all retrieving and wait for
their mouth to feel better. A correction should be just
severe enough to get the dog to respond.

Repeated weak corrections are very stressful to the dog."

And from terri willis, Psychoclown wrote:
"Nope. That "beating dogs with sticks" things is
something you twisted out of context,
because you are full of bizarro manure."

"Get A 30"- 40" Stick.You can have a
helper wield the stick, or do it yourself.
Tougher, less tractable dogs may require
you to progress to striking them more
sharply," lying frosty dahl, ethical breeder,
expert trainer.

You think a EXXXPERT trainer got to BEAT
a HUNTIN dog to MAKE IT HUNT?

"Pudge Was So Soft That She Could And
Would Avoid A Simple Swat On The Rump
With A Riding Crop," lying frosty dahl,
discoverer of CANNIBALISM in Labradors.

Perhaps the mom dog didn't want her babies HURT all
their lives like HOWE HOWER dog lovers PREFER to
HURT THEIR DOGS?

"John ran out, grabbed Blackie by the collar, and
gave the dog two or three medium whacks on the
rump with a training stick while holding him partially
off the ground. John then told Blackie to sit, ran back
to the line and cast him back to the dummies."

> 1- He is put in his cage at about 10PM and goes
> right to bed without trouble.

Cause you don't know HOWE to train your dog
not to destroy your HOWES if you're not standin
there ready to hurt and intimidate him.

> But, he wakes up at about 5:30am barking like
> mad to go out for a pee.

Yeah. You'll have to let him bark or you'll be
rewarding him for barkin in his box. Here's
a tip:

lyinglynn writes to a new foster care giver:
For barking in the crate - leave the leash on and
pass it through the crate door. Attach a line to it.
When he barks, use the line for a correction.

- if necessary, go to a citronella bark collar.

Lynn K.

> It's not too bad during the week (we get up at 6am anyway),

Well good for you. Try goin to sleep a half HOWER earlier.

> but on weekends we would like to sleep in a bit.

Well, dogs DO like their SCHEDULES.

> What we did to try and help him along was
> to stop the water drinking after 7pm

Yeah. That's KINDLY of you.

> and allow for a lot of outside time.

Cause you don't know HOWE to TRAIN your dog.

> This is what the vet recommended.

Tell your vet The Amazing Puppy Wizard sez
he should stick to patchin up broken bones.

> It worked but not for long.

BWEEEEHAHAHAHAHAHHAAA!!!

> Also, when we go down in the morning, he has to go
> so bad, he often tinkles all over the place as im taking
> him out of his cage.

SHOWENDS like SUBMISSIVE urination. Have
you taught him the "NO!" command?:

Here's professor of ANAL-ytic behaviorISM research
at UofWI marshall "SCRUFF SHAKE and SCREAM
"NO!" into ITS face for five seconds and lock IT in a
box for ten minutes contemplation" dermer:

"At this point, "No" does not have any behavioral function.
But, if you say "No,"pick up the puppy by its neck and
shake it a bit, and the frequency of the biting decreases
then you will have achieved too things.

First, the frequency of unwanted chewing has decreased;
and two, you have established "No" as a conditioned punisher.

How much neck pulling and shaking? Just the
minimum necessary to decrease the unwanted
biting.

**********IS THAT A CONSISTENT 5 SECONDS?************

When our dog was a puppy, "No" came before mild
forms of punishment (I would hold my dog's mouth
closed for a few seconds.) whereas "Bad Dog" came
before stronger punishement (the kind discussed above).

"No" is usually sufficient but sometimes I use "Bad Dog"
to stop a behavior. "Bad Dog" ALWAYS works."

> He is scheduled to get fixed next week

You mean surgically mutilated. That makes
15% of dogs FEAR AGGRESSIVE.

> and we are hoping that this may help out a lot
> with this problem.

It probably won't and it may cause other problems,
like aggression or infection or death. But that's the
risk of any surgery. Ain't it.

> Any ideas?

Yeah. The Amazing Puppy Wizard sez you
don't sHOWEND like you're ready to have
a dog in your care.

> Will this just go away?

Not likely.

> 2- Eating is another problem.

Yeah. Stress from locking dogs in boxes withHOWET
food water and a toilet makes dogs anxiHOWES and
makes them PHYSICALLY ILL.

> When he comes in after his morning pee
> etc.. we feed him. Well, he woofs down his
> food so quick and drinks like a drunk on a
> drinking binge then pukes up all over the place.

Your dog eats like a pig cause he's INSECURE.

He PUKES cause he's anxiHOWES.

> To help out with this I started to get the kids
> (I have two) to feed him half his food by hand.

That'll entertain the kids. Perhaps if you're not
a fittin pet owner perhaps you're not a fittin parent?

> In other words I put half the food in his bowl
> and the other half, the kids take turns hand
> feeding him.

That's idiocy.

> This seems to work and he also starts to look
> at the kids as providers and this is a good thing.

Yeah. Just wait...

> I just don't know how long this will last.

It won't.

> Does this binge eating and drinking go away?

Not till he gets deathly ill and can't eat.

> BTW, The Puppy Gizzard....

You mean The Puppy Wizard.

> This is my first time here in alt.animals.dog

But it's not your first time readin. The Amazing
Puppy Wizard SEZ "DECENT PEOPLE DO
NOT POST HERE abHOWETS. When new
readers post they're READY to HURT their dogs."

> and it's obvious you will reply to this post.

INDEEDY. It's unfortunate, ain't it.

> It's not like you have anything better to do.

The Amazing Puppy Wizard has nuthin better
to do than IDENTIFY EXXXPOSE and DISCREDIT
HOWER dog lovers who hurt mutilate intimidate
bribe and lock dogs in boxes and try an get HOWET
callin THAT, trainin.

> I just wanted to let you know your a dick

This is a family news group, Mr. Tolkien.

> and I won't be reading anything you post.

The heel you won't.

> Thanks everyone!

You mean, the liars dog abusers and mental cases
who'll tell you HOWE to HURT and INTIMDATE and
when to MURDER your dog.

WORDS OF WISDOM
from our own Lynn Kosmakos
1200mg of lithium and 50 mg of Zoloft every day.

I THINK I'M QUALIFIED TO TALK ABOUT LITHIM

I TOO HAVE A BIPOLAR MOOD DISORDER
(MANIC DEPRESSION) I ALSO CARE ABOUT
DOGS COMMUNITY IS AN EVOLUTIONARY THING

"I particularly remember a comment she made
about scarey side effects of Lithium. Hardly.
After 17 years on it, I think I'm qualified to say
that the very low risk of any side effect is far
less frightening than the very real dangers of
life without it."

Lynn K.

YOU'RE A MENTAL CASE.

The Puppy Wizard. <{}; ~ ) >

MERRY CHRISTMAS
rec.pets.dogs groups!!!

RPD* MeNTally Ill All_StaRz as of 12/21/03

NEW!!

LYNN K. 20 plus years on Lithium
LOIS E. 25 plus years on tricyclics

Hello Fans,

here is our latest NEW AND IMPROVED crazy person update,
including our latest mentally unstable person, Lois E.
of Gary and Lois fame who has been on Tricyclics
pushing 25 years. She is no longer afraid to talk about it.

Neither is Lynn K. who embraces her mental illness and
opens up about her 20 plus years on Lithium, as well as
her love afair with Zoloft.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
RPD* Ment_ally Ill All_StaRz as of 12/21/03

I TOO HAVE A BIPOLAR MOOD DISORDER (MANIC DEPRESSION)
I ALSO CARE ABOUT DOGS
COMMUNITY IS AN EVOLUTIONARY THING

WORDS OF WISDOM from our own
Lynn Kosmakos

=======================================
From: Chris Kosmakos (chriskoz@netcom.com)
Subject: Re: complaints and goodbye

Lisa K. Baird (lbaird@infinet.com) wrote:
:
: Sheesh, if everyone would start taking responsibility for their
own
: actions, wouldn't life be grand?

"I, too, have a bi-polar mood disorder
(manic-depression) requiring 1200mg of lithium
and 50 mg of Zoloft every day. I, also, care
about dogs and use this forum to learn more,
while happily sharing pertinent information
I have learned. But if I were ever to post
such sh*t, I would hope that every other
reader of this group would be rightfully
outraged."

"Community is an evolutionary thing that we earn
the right to participate in by observing the
easily understood rules and contributing to in
constructive ways."

Lynn K.

I THINK I'M QUALIFIED TO TALK ABOUT LITHIM
LYNN K. and LOIS E, and a BiLateral, BiPolar conversation
on Mental problems.
LYNN AND LOIS
Almost 50 years on mental illness medications combined
> But I think what Lois was referring to
> was the fact that Darlene actually
> stated at some point that she was
> bipolar--and, IIRC, that meds did not work
> for her--so she was prone to major-league
> ups and downs and sudden
> enthusiasms..

"It wasn't that meds didn't work for her
- she wouldn't take them. I particularly remember
a comment she made about scarey side effects of
Lithium. Hardly. After 17 years on it, I think
I'm qualified to say that the very low risk of
any side effect is far less frightening than the
very real dangers of life without it."

Lynn K.

LYNN K. and the UNQUIET MIND
From: Lynn Kosmakos (lkosmakos@home.com)
Subject: Re: Where is Darlene?

View this article only
Newsgroups: rec.pets.dogs.breeds
Date: 1999/09/03

BoxHill wrote:

> I know I am totally off topic here, but have you read "The
Unquiet Mind"?

Yeah. It's interesting, but kind of
watered down for the mass market, if
you know what I mean. There's really
quite a lot of good work out there and
decent research. Thank God.

Lynn K.
---------------------------------------

MOTHER AND CHILD REUNION "KUCKOO!! CUCKOO!!!"
MOTHER (LOIS E.) 22 YEARS on TRICYCLICS, DAUGHTER BIPOLAR...
YOU DO THE MATH

"What's really terrific, is
now days you can say proudly, 'I take anti-depressives'"

-------------------------------------
Message 52 in thread
From: Gary & lois Edwards (garyl@bmi.net)

View this article only
Newsgroups: rec.pets.dogs.breeds
Date: 1999/09/02

BEEN ON TRICYCLICS FOR ABOUT 22 YEARS

"I don't take lithium, but I've been on trycyclics
for about 22 years. Been there, done that, have
the t-shirt to prove it. What's really terrific,
is now days you can say proudly,
"I take anti-depressives". Back when I started
taking them it was seen as something shameful.
If you cut your leg off, and were lying there with
a bleeding stump, you'd never let the word
depressed, pass your lips, or the doc's would say,
"You're depressed, on medication? Well, can't have
any pain meds.....you could become addicted." The
good old days. I actually had a Great Aunt who's
father locked her in her room back in the twenties
because she was simple. A shame that medication
probably would have helped her live a normal life.
No Denna, I was just saying with Darlene's
personality, she has a way of making grandiose
plans when at the top of her manic cycle....as
does my daughter. I wasn't saying that anyone
with problems could be counted on to be
irresponsible."

Lois E.
-------------------------------------

MENTAL ILLNESS IN RPD*
Mental illness is a public issue in these newsgroups. People are
always running around calling other people mentally ill and
diagnosing their
illnesses. I think it's only fair that we have an accurate list of
who
is and who isn't mentally ill, so that we can avoid any
misunderstandings and promote group harmony.

Updated KUCKOO!! KUCKOOO! DING! DING! DING! list as of 12/21/2003:

list of confirmed or suspected mentally ill (crazy) Regulars
Most of whom are women or homosexuals

RPD CRAZY PERSON ROLL CALL and BIOS

NESSA
NUTCASE
MVP (Most Valuable Psycho) of dog newsgroups

Successfully dethroned MaryBeth as MVP

Nessa blames all the problems in her life
moston ADD ADHD Or some other empowering acronym
which encapsulates her futility for her

Her dog bagel, a large newf mix
has used her house liberally
as a toilet since February of 2002. Drives
a 2003 Toyota Matrix, owns a house in
suburban MD, recently got a raise/promotion
to US goverment grade 11 (circa $50,000) and
promptly decided she couldn't afford her two
dogs. With help from non crazy regular
(Paulette) and witchcraft practicing regular
Sara Sionnach, Nessa has decided to keep her
dogs for the time being. She is undergoing
training from Janet "Nice Abdominal Surgery
and getting Run Over for the Family Pet."
Her results have not been dramatic.

CrAzy ReGulAr helping CraZy ReGular
Leah helping Nessa
=============================
On Fri, 7 Jun 2002 8:40:08 -0400, Leah wrote

Nessa usenet@nessa.info wrote:
"As far as the depression goes, it's not
related to Bagel at all. I have
chronic major depression and I'm just having
a flare."

Leah asks
"Are you on any medication?"

Nessa responds

yes for depression, mood swings and ADHD.
I have been for over 10 years.

--nessa

Nessa is Fat as well as crazy
=============================
"For what it's worth...

I picked up 30 pounds when I started
Dilantin. I picked up (just recently) another
20 on risperidol.

I hate that I was a size 8-10 before meds and
now I am solidly (pun intended) a 22-24.

Sad part is, the side effects are worth it.
The positive effects
are too much to part with."

--nessa
============================

NESSA'S HAS A GREAT NEUROPSYCH
==============================

Hi, I have a great neuropsych in Arlington Va.
He is at the Rosyln Metro Station. His name is
Martin Stein
1911 N Fort Myer Dr.
Suite 907
Arlington Va 22209
703-807-2471
email 75120.2296@compuserve.com

Marty is wonderful. He is really the best.
He has also given me permission to post his
infomation on this Newsgroup. If you call
him and see him by all means tell him Nessa
sent you.

--nessa
================================

ROTATE YOUR STIMULANTS
=============================

from: Nessa (nessa@ix.netcom.com)

Hi,

I often have to rotate my stimulants.
You can become used to them and sometimes
need a different one for a while. Until I
got on my Desoxyn I rotated Ritilan and
Dexedrine every 3 months or so.

It is true that anti-depressants or
anti-anxiety pills will help with the
stimulants so your DR is not wrong. However,
perhaps she needs to check into the idea that
a switch from cylert to something else might
be in order.

warm thoughts,
Nessa
=============================

Lois E.
(of Gary and Lois fame)

Lois' has been on tricyclic antidepressants for
approximately 25 years. This may be a record.
Husband is a cop but there is no evidence
that he beats the crap out of her, or that he
has for 25 years.

Had a traumatic experience as a child with a
horse running wild in the Pantry and living room.
In recent years, shot neighbor's dog from point
blank range while it was chewing on her pigmy goat,
teaching son to solve problems with the neighbor's
using shock and awe levels of violence."

[...]

Kelly/
culprit

Systems engineer at Microsoft, owner of two
pitbulls, proving that Bill Gates does not
discriminate against crazy people or pit bull
owners.

psychotic features, panic and more. Coming
forward so that others like her will have the
strength to do the same. Like Charlie Wilkes,
she is one of our most entertraining regulars

Here, kelly/culprit talks to Mustang Sally
about her mental illness/crazy problems.
Sally is being rude and condescending (as usual)
and trying to make kelly/culprit feel bad for
being crazy, aka wacked in the head

culprit standing up for herself against rude and condescending
Mustang
Sally

I WON'T DENY MY PROBLEMS, MUSTANG SALLY!

"but i stand by the fact that OCD is an
illness, major depression with psychotic features
certainly is, panic disorder is too. and the
other stuff just makes it all the more fun.

i don't wallow in it. i'm just now learning to
accept it, because ignoring it wasn't working out
too well. i need to do that to make changes to my
life so that i can become healthy. and you say
you're not trying to be condescending, but you're
doing it again. what i read was, (my paraphrasing)
"people who think they're mentally ill are
wallowing in their disabilities and letting them
consume their life"

you come across as though you would be able to
handle any of these illnesses, and anyone who
can't is just copping out. well we're all
different. and i don't accept your idea that i
would have a more productive life if i denied my
problems. i tried it for years, and believe me,
it didn't work very well."

-kelly aka culprit
systems engineer @ Microsoft

MaryBeth
FMVP (former most valuable psycho)

(super psycho bitch
lunatic queen of the
mentally fucked in
the head)

Has contributed greatly to the annual profit
results at several large pharmaceutical corps
has taken virtually every mentally ill (crazy)
drug treatment in the book, and then some:
prozac, zoloft, amitryptiline, Buspar, Xanax,
effexor, paxil, HRT, wellbutrin, tranquilizers,
clomid,

MaryBeth has suffered from or been:

TIDAL WAVES OF PMS

suicidal, agoraphobic, tidal waves of PMS,
mood swings, turned into a hermit, bloated,
just real angry, hubby afraid of her, high
blood pressure, divorced, "raving bitch"
"zoloft zombie" for four years, "living
through layers and layers of gauze," chain
smoker, buzzing, weight gain, fatigue,
terrible dry mouth, dull headaches, fuzzy
brain, lack of concentration..etc.
severe depression, severe insomnia, Panic
ALL the time, crying, not sleeping, you name
it...etc...

MaryBeth (on being seriously f'd in the head
aka mentally ill) aka cuckoo! kuckoo! ding! ding! ding!
aka a superpsychotic bitch from hell

I RAN OVER EVERYONE IN MY PATH

"I know for a fact I went thru years of
being overly sensitive, being a b*tch,
being self centered, being self pitying,
you name it, I was a wreck and I ran over
everyone in my path."

"<G> I do know the power of meds, especially
on a long term basis, and it's not pretty.
You become another person, if it's not the
correct med for you.

--All the best,
MaryBeth

DON'T TAKE ULTRAM AND ZOLOFT TOGETHER

"Yup Diane, I am taking Zoloft, and my
Rheumatologist told me that taking
Ultram with it can cause seizures."

"I have all the symptoms.I am suicidal at
times (cyclical) have severe insomnia,
'crawly' skin etc. I have an appt to see
my doc next Friday to test for menopause."

--MaryBeth

ME NOT SO HORNY

"I noticed that antidepressants cut libido
into the dead zone and I had no real emotions,
like not laughing at funny stuff, couldn't cry
either.....except about my suicidal thoughts
(but at the time I thought there was no other
way out)."

--MaryBeth

NEW TO GROUP

"Hi, new to group, just starting Clomid today.
I talked with RE and pharmacist re: zoloft (50
mg daily) and ineraction with Clomid. They
reported none. Not sure about the prozac tho.
Gonna poat a new message to intorduce
myself :)"

--MaryBeth <still feeling
like herself> <G>

WASTED 10 YEARS

"I wasted about 10 years of my life, and lost
many many treasured ppl and things. Please
don't do the same. (((((((SCOUT))))))))))

--MaryBeth

WAS HORRIBLE

"Slowly but surely my depression got worse and
worse. They put me on meds for it, and all
along kept telling me to wait on the TKR, as
'it really wasn't that bad.....yet". HA!"
The depression got so bad, and lots of other
things happened and my ex and I would up
divorced four years after our move. It was
horrible. The hardest thing I have eve gone
thru"

--MaryBeth

Theresa Willis

(paxil, depression, robot displacement)
Theresa is a gang banger who comes out
of cutesy robot mode when it's time to
gang attack people with her pal shelly
Victim is usually Leah, but may be a
random person.

shelly
couvrette

Severe OCD, depression, prescribed Paxil
for mental illness, but claims she does
not take it, resulting in an obsessive
basket case online persona. Posts more than
any other female in all dog newsgroups

(familial mental illness, possibly related
to family bed) obsessively starves her
dogs according to friends, family,
strangers and 3 different vets, but
not herself (see below). Still thinks
of herself as a five year old ballerina
despite the fact that she is a fat
adult in her mid thirties.

PAGE ALL THE WAY DOWN FOR BONUS COVERAGE

lynn
kosmakos

RPD* Enemy of Dogs #1

(Lithium, Zoloft, bipolar, manic,
depression) will "put down a biter
as fast as anyone" yet claims to
be a saintly dog rescuer. Murders
dogs because of insurance rates
Her brother was attacked by a Golden
Retriever when she was young. For
this reason, she murders easily
trainable dogs. Condemns dogs to
death who are easily trainable
with her "evaluations."
Is nice to people in person, but
her true dog hating nature comes
out on newsgroups with
extreme clarity.

Advocates shooting dogs on sight, when
they chase deer. Sees no other
option. Her own dog Java had to be shocked
with a shock collar to keep him from
chasing deer.

has been on lithium for approximately
20 years. Zoloft for an undetermined
number of years

1200mg LITHIUM
50mg ZOLOFT

"I, too, have a bi-polar mood disorder
(manic-depression) requiring 1200mg of lithium
and 50 mg of Zoloft every day. I, also, care
about dogs and use this forum to learn more,
while happily sharing pertinent information
I have learned. But if I were ever to post
such sh*t, I would hope that every other
reader of this group would be rightfully outraged."

WE EARN THE RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE

"Community is an evolutionary thing that we earn
the right to participate in by observing the
easily understood rules and contributing to in
constructive ways."

Lynn K.

I THINK I'M QUALIFIED TO TALK ABOUT LITHIUM

From: Chris Kosmakos (chriskoz@netcom.com)
Subject: Re: Prozac - Good medication or no?

I TAKE A SIMILAR DRUG MYSELF

"Yes, for very specific behaviorial problems.
I would have to trust my vet and behaviorist
a lot, and be very sure that I had exhausted
every other option before I used Prozac to
deal with a dog problem - and I take a
similar drug, Zoloft, myself."

Lynn K.

Leah

Effexor for chronic depression, in denial
about being mentally ill. Has taken
several other mentally ill medications
before settling on effexor for her
chronic mental problems. Leah is
improving as a dog trainer and wants
to open her own training/boarding
kennel soon and write a book.

This drives her fellow
mentally ill regulars nuts (read shelly
Lynn K.),
especially if Leah succeeds while other
loonies continue to sit on their fat
behinds

Leah is a relatively stable crazy person
but she just might be the agent that drives
others to jump off of a cliff

Tara Green

Tara Green is a dog trainer of sorts in New York
City left rpd* claiming that she could
not afford internet access and/or a computer,
but her story is of value nonetheless

was on antidepressants for a few years
prior to her marriage. During her
marriage, she learned a lot:
"With the therapist I saw during my
marriage I learned that some
situational depressions are masked as
chemical simply because of our too human
ability to prolong the impact of the
causal situations indefinitely"

Sounds like more denial, see leah

Tara is also a drunk who has also had
problems with other substances

TARA on being a drunk/substance abuser:

"Tara (who had some problems with quite a
few substances as well, but who thinks they
are separate issues.....so which camp does
that put me in???)"

"Believe it or not, some people don't have
a problem with drugs even though they are
alcoholics. I'm not one of those people,
but they do exist."

aka, tara has problems with both

Kevin
Michael
Vail

various mental illness drugs, started with
zoloft, didn't like that, then went to
antidepressant, stopped after sufficent
side effects, now on SSRI and in therapy
Kevin is a homosexual but there is no
evidence that this is the cause of him
being crazy

Furpaw

(SSRI, cognitive therapy)
otherwise, a fairly boring
and nondescript crazy person

Chris Jung

(Prozac and Welbutrin,
cognitive therapy)

another very boring nutcase

Charlie
Wilkes

drugged out, crazy, fucked up all his
life, Christ the shit he's been through
including psych wards and electroshock
treatments but now pulling down major cash
as a business consultant. Triumphing over
adversity, with a damn good life and a
well trained dog (very much unlike Leah)
One of our most lucid regulars, despite
(or maybe because of?) a penchant for phat
philly blunts.

Karen
DuChateaux
aka Karibear

suffered from clinical depression for years
until some drug or something brought her out
of it. Some of her best friends "are
certifiable" and have various degrees of
psychoses. Familial mental disability.
Refuses to say whether or not she is
currently using drug or cognitive therapy
for mental illness.

Mike
"DumbOxDumb"
Dufort

threatened non violent dog expert Jerry Howe
with Mike's fully armed US Army Platoon.
Threatened to bring his platoon to Jerry's
HOWSE. also OCD (obsessed with Jerry's posts)

Jim "Brain
Shivers"
Sabatke

Jim is currently on Effexor which he takes
because of his depression/mental problems.
Like many of our mental cases, Jim has had
trouble finding the right med(s) to keep him
from going kuckoo!! kuckoooo!!! or getting
the "brain shivers"

From: Jim Sabatke (jsabatke@execpc.com)
Subject: Re: anyone using Effexor?
alt.support.depression.medication
Date: 2002-11-29 20:25:16 PST

EFFEXOR
"I'm on 375 mg/day and it has worked
wonders for me. The only down side is
that my blood pressure has elevated
somewhat; oh and if I miss a dose by a
couple of hours the "brain shivers" can
be really bad.

Good luck!

Jim

"I switched from Paxil to Effexor about
5 months ago. I tapered off of the Paxil
and tapered onto the Effexor at the same
time."

Jim

"After several years on Effexor IR, my
pdoc tried switching me to XR. I
experienced fairly severe Effexor
withdrawel until I went back to the IR."

Jim

<YOUR NAME GOES HERE>
(please proudly add your name and the drugs/disorders specific to
you,
if you are also mentally ill). If we all come forward, we can help
each other with our problems. Remember, mental illness is nothing
be ashamed of. It's not your fault if you have a defective brain
which
may cause you to act like an extreme hypocrite and/or idiot and/or
robot without your being aware of it).

Also, please notify us if you are *not* mentally ill, and have
been
added to this by mistake, so we can make our corrections and
remove
you from the crazy person list.

mental health weekly

Avocado
2004-04-02 21:57:53 EST
I, too, crate my dog at night. He's a Boxer, about two years old. Like
you, we generally get up between 5:30-6a.m. during the week for work, and
take the dog out at that time Mon.-Fri. As much as I dislike it, I get up
at that time on Sat & Sun as well, because the dog has to go, and he and his
bladder don't know or care anything about calendars or the "work week." All
he knows is what his bladder is telling him--that it's time to go. So, I
throw on my jacket and a pair of sweat pants over my pajamas, and out we go.
When we come back inside, I put his breakfast out for him (he gets fed twice
a day) and sometimes he eats it, and sometimes he doesn't. If he eats it, I
wait about 1/2 hour and take him out again for the second time, just in case
he needs to relieve himself again. Sometimes he does and sometimes he
doesn't. Then I bring him back in. He goes back in his crate till about 10
a.m. Sometimes I crawl back into bed and get some shut-eye and sometimes I
don't. I can't say I particularly enjoy this weekend ritual, but I feel
it's only fair to the dog and his bodily functions. (I didn't always get a
special thrill waking up to feed my babies every morning at 2 a.m. and 6
a.m., but it comes with the territory. Granted, the kids are 21 & 24, now,
and they would have a conniption if I did that, now.) I don't know whether
my dog or your dog will grow out of it. It could be that my dog would be
just fine if I didn't get up at the crack of dawn on the weekends, but my
conscience feels better if I do get up. I know that healthy kidneys will
produce a certain basic amount of urine per hour, regardless of whether the
dog drinks or not. I don't want him to be uncomfortable when he can't
understand the concept of "weekend." Plus, I loathe cleaning up accidents
in the house.

I feed twice a day. My dog doesn't always eat right away when the food is
put down, but when he does decide to eat, he woofs it down, too, and will
sometimes "toss his cookies" shortly thereafter. We do our best to enforce
the No Playing After You Eat rule, and make him lie down and relax for at
least 1/2 hour after he eats. It doesn't always help. I'm sure if I fed
him his entire daily ration of food all at once, he would throw up more
often. Are you feeding your dog once a day? Or smaller, more frequent
meals?

"Mr. Tolkien" <mrtolkien@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hey y'all,
>
> I have a 6 month old Husky/Retreiver mix. We are crate training him
> and things are going good. However, there are a couple of things going
> on that we are not sure are going to go away (with age) or if we can
> help him along with it.
>
> 1- He is put in his cage at about 10PM and goes right to bed without
> trouble. But, he wakes up at about 5:30am barking like mad to go out
> for a pee. It's not too bad during the week (we get up at 6am anyway),
> but on weekends we would like to sleep in a bit. What we did to try
> and help him along was to stop the water drinking after 7pm and allow
> for a lot of outside time. This is what the vet recommended. It worked
> but not for long. Also, when we go down in the morning, he has to go
> so bad, he often tinkles all over the place as im taking him out of
> his cage. He is scheduled to get fixed next week and we are hoping
> that this may help out a lot with this problem. Any ideas? Will this
> just go away?
>
> 2- Eating is another problem. When he comes in after his morning pee
> etc.. we feed him. Well, he woofs down his food so quick and drinks
> like a drunk on a drinking binge then pukes up all over the place. To
> help out with this I started to get the kids (I have two) to feed him
> half his food by hand. In other words I put half the food in his bowl
> and the other half, the kids take turns hand feeding him. This seems
> to work and he also starts to look at the kids as providers and this
> is a good thing. I just don't know how long this will last. Does this
> binge eating and drinking go away?
>

> BTW, The Puppy Gizzard.... This is my first time here in
> alt.animals.dog and it's obvious you will reply to this post. It's not
> like you have anything better to do. I just wanted to let you know
> your a dick and I won't be reading anything you post.
>
> Thanks everyone!

The Puppy Wizard
2004-04-03 20:12:51 EST
HOWEDY avocado,

Your dog gets up at six a.m. on accHOWENT of he's
locked in the box. Take him HOWETA the box and he'll
sleep till you want to wake up.

Your dog eats too fast and pukes cause he's insecure
and anxiHOWES, probably on accHOWENT of cause
he's crated.

Your dog could end up like this:

"Things are beginning to get much worse day
by day and the vets seem unable to help.

http://www.oofus.com/pix/PoorRufusMed.WMV
http://www.oofus.com/pix/PoorRufusSmall.WMV"

GOOD LUCK!

"avocado" <marcquee@glibcom.coma> wrote in message
> [...]
place. To
> > help out with this I started to get the kids (I have two) to
feed him
> > half his food by hand. In other words I put half the food in
his bowl
> > and the other half, the kids take turns hand feeding him. This
seems
> > to work and he also starts to look at the kids as providers
and this
> > is a good thing. I just don't know how long this will last.
Does this
> > binge eating and drinking go away?
> >

> > BTW, The Puppy Gizzard.... This is my first time here in
> > alt.animals.dog and it's obvious you will reply to this post.
It's not
> > like you have anything better to do. I just wanted to let you
know
> > your a dick and I won't be reading anything you post.

Clawed
2004-04-11 08:23:27 EST
What are you feeding your dog? Is it dry food?? Try adding some water to his
food so that he isn't quite so thirsty after eating. Getting the kids to
help is a good idea.

Cheers

"Mr. Tolkien" <mrtolkien@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hey y'all,
>
> I have a 6 month old Husky/Retreiver mix. We are crate training him
> and things are going good. However, there are a couple of things going
> on that we are not sure are going to go away (with age) or if we can
> help him along with it.
>
> 1- He is put in his cage at about 10PM and goes right to bed without
> trouble. But, he wakes up at about 5:30am barking like mad to go out
> for a pee. It's not too bad during the week (we get up at 6am anyway),
> but on weekends we would like to sleep in a bit. What we did to try
> and help him along was to stop the water drinking after 7pm and allow
> for a lot of outside time. This is what the vet recommended. It worked
> but not for long. Also, when we go down in the morning, he has to go
> so bad, he often tinkles all over the place as im taking him out of
> his cage. He is scheduled to get fixed next week and we are hoping
> that this may help out a lot with this problem. Any ideas? Will this
> just go away?
>
> 2- Eating is another problem. When he comes in after his morning pee
> etc.. we feed him. Well, he woofs down his food so quick and drinks
> like a drunk on a drinking binge then pukes up all over the place. To
> help out with this I started to get the kids (I have two) to feed him
> half his food by hand. In other words I put half the food in his bowl
> and the other half, the kids take turns hand feeding him. This seems
> to work and he also starts to look at the kids as providers and this
> is a good thing. I just don't know how long this will last. Does this
> binge eating and drinking go away?
>

> BTW, The Puppy Gizzard.... This is my first time here in
> alt.animals.dog and it's obvious you will reply to this post. It's not
> like you have anything better to do. I just wanted to let you know
> your a dick and I won't be reading anything you post.
>
> Thanks everyone!

The Puppy Wizard
2004-04-11 11:09:49 EST
HOWEDY clawed,

"clawed" <berrytarish@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> What are you feeding your dog?

His dog ain't havin a feeding problem he's havin
a crating problem.

> Is it dry food?? Try adding some water to his
> food so that he isn't quite so thirsty after eating.

You think it matters HOWE he gets the water he needs?

> Getting the kids to help is a good idea.

The OP has restricted the dog's water to force
control of his crate confinement cause he doesn't
know HOWE to train his dog.

> Cheers

Perhaps if the OP learned HOWE to TRAIN his dog
he'd be able to better handle his kids?

The Amazing Puppy Wizard. <{} ; ~ ) >