Dog Discussion: Question

Question

C P
2004-02-21 10:46:37 EST
Hello! My family is interested in adding a Dog to our household in the
Spring/Summer, after we get our yard completely fenced-in. I'm requesting
suggestions on what the best dog for us might be. I'm not interested in
going to a breeder, preferring to work w/rescue groups. Of course we aren't
ruling out a mutt, but my local pound gets a LOT of purebreds, so I'm
researching that line of thought as well.

Briefly, we will attend to excersize/grooming needs in accordance to the
animals' nneds, but we aren't a HUGELY energetic bunch, ourselves. Two
adults, one 2 & 1/2 yr old, and 6 (formerly rescue) cats, all indoor, and
all 8 pounds or bigger.

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Sincerely,
Cori

Sionnach
2004-02-21 11:40:48 EST

"C P" <thinggtwoo@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Hello! My family is interested in adding a Dog to our household in the
> Spring/Summer, after we get our yard completely fenced-in.

First question: are you planning to keep the dog in that fenced yard all
the time? If so, don't get a dog.

Second question: what experience, if any, do the adults in the family have
with dogs?

Third question (actually, this is a set of q's): What exeperience, if any,
does your toddler have with dogs? How has s/he reacted to them? And has s/he
been taught respect for animals?

Fourth question: What experience, if any, do your cats have with dogs?

The Puppy Wizard
2004-02-21 17:21:32 EST
Have you been reading HOWER forums?

"C P" <thinggtwoo@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Hello! My family is interested in adding a Dog to our household
in the
> Spring/Summer, after we get our yard completely fenced-in. I'm
requesting
> suggestions on what the best dog for us might be. I'm not
interested in
> going to a breeder, preferring to work w/rescue groups. Of
course we aren't
> ruling out a mutt, but my local pound gets a LOT of purebreds,
so I'm
> researching that line of thought as well.
>
> Briefly, we will attend to excersize/grooming needs in
accordance to the
> animals' nneds, but we aren't a HUGELY energetic bunch,
ourselves. Two
> adults, one 2 & 1/2 yr old, and 6 (formerly rescue) cats, all
indoor, and
> all 8 pounds or bigger.
>
> Thanks in advance for your advice!
>
> Sincerely,
> Cori

C P
2004-02-21 17:50:29 EST
No, what are HOWER forums?

Corinne

C P
2004-02-21 18:01:26 EST

"Sionnach" <rhyfelwr@msn.com> wrote in message

> First question: are you planning to keep the dog in that fenced yard all
> the time? If so, don't get a dog.

First answer is a Resounding NO. I just would like to be able to let the dog
Off Leash to pee & play occasionally, and want to be able to do that in the
safety of my own yard.

> Second question: what experience, if any, do the adults in the family
have
> with dogs?

I grew up with a few dogs, then, my Sister has always had dogs, so I have
had great experiences with them in my interactions with her (and all of hers
are BIG dogs). Hubs had dogs growing up, and his grandparents had a dog. One
of our best friends is a Vet, so we see/play with dogs at his place all the
time, and we've fostered two dogs.

> Third question (actually, this is a set of q's): What exeperience, if
any,
> does your toddler have with dogs?

She has been around my Sister's German Shepard; loves to interact with the
dogs at the pound & at her Godfather the Veterinarian's place. Is initially
cautious, but warms up fairly quickly.

>How has s/he reacted to them? And has s/he been taught respect for animals?

She LOVES them. She has, indeed, been taught (and is constantly being
taught) respect for animals, as Hubs & I do cat rescues from time to time.
She loves her cats, and any animal she finds/sees. :-)

> Fourth question: What experience, if any, do your cats have with dogs?

When I had my fosters in the house, that was their only experience. They got
scarce for several days, then came back out & observed the dog through the
gates. Weren't too thrilled, but handled it okay.

The Puppy Wizard
2004-02-21 19:50:37 EST
HOWEDY C P,

> "Sionnach" <rhyfelwr@msn.com> wrote in message
> >
> > First question: are you planning to keep the dog
> > in that fenced yard all the time?

Lots of people keep HOWEtside dogs.

> > If so, don't get a dog.

sinofabitch can't leave her dogs HOWEtside
unattended despite her shock fence and bark
collars.

> First answer is a Resounding NO.

Keepin an HOWEtside dog is not unkindly.

> I just would like to be able to let the dog
> Off Leash to pee & play occasionally, and
> want to be able to do that in the safety of
> my own yard.

You can perimeter train your dog in a few
minutes if you know HOWE:

"misty" <Momisty@webtv.net wrote in message
news: 16990-3CAB1F8C-1@storefull-2293.public.lawson.webtv.net...

I don't now whether Peach is dead or alive. I do
know she's not here with us. I really can't blame
anyone here for her loss.

I'm the one who ignored your advice. I did it because
of how you write/wrote. I was unwilling to accept the
idea that my using a shock collar could have any
bearing on Peach not wanting to stay home.

Up until I started using it my main concern had been
keeping my dogs in their own yard.

Once I started using the e-fence... well, then my
concern became how to keep them from running
off for days on end.

I lost valuable training time becoming embroiled
in the anti-shock debate and the "Jerry sux" tirades.

I lost one dog but I have the bestest dog in the world
now <g> A Wits End Trained dog, one who is completely
housetrained, doesn't chew up stuff, stays in the yard,
and doesn't bark all the time.

IOW a great companion and friend.

Thanks Jerry!

=====================

--------------------------------

> > Second question: what experience, if any,
> > do the adults in the family have with dogs?

BWEEEAAHAHAHAHHAAAA!!!

> I grew up with a few dogs, then, my Sister
> has always had dogs, so I have had great
>experiences with them in my interactions
> with her (and all of hers are BIG dogs). Hubs
> had dogs growing up, and his grandparents
> had a dog. One of our best friends is a Vet,
> so we see/play with dogs at his place all the
> time, and we've fostered two dogs.

Well, do you think you'll be able to train IT
pupperly like this?:

"I Dropped The Leash, Threw My
Right Arm Over The Lab's Shoulder,
Grabbed Her Opposite Foot With My
Left Hand, Rolled Her On Her Side,
Leaned On Her, Smartly Growled Into
Her Throat And Said "GRRRR!" And
Neatly Nipped Her Ear," sinofabitch.

> > Third question (actually, this is a set of q's):
> > What exeperience, if any, does your toddler
> > have with dogs?

BWEEEAAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!

She won't be able to throw the dog to the
grHOWEND and grHOWEL into ITS throat
and bite IT on ITS ears for a few MOORE years.

> She has been around my Sister's German
> Shepard; loves to interact with the dogs at
> the pound & at her Godfather the Veterinarian's
> place. Is initially cautious, but warms up fairly quickly.

Oh, well then, she could probably manage doin this:

captain arthur haggerty SEZ: "A CHIN CHUCK" Makes
A ResoundingSound Distraction: "When You Chuck The
Dog The Sound Will Travel Up The Mandible To The
Ears And Give A Popping Sound To The Dog."

> > How has s/he reacted to them? And has s/he been
> > taught respect for animals?

BWEEEEAAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!

RESPECT? Like this?:

amy lying frosty dahl continues:

"On the other extreme, the really hard dogs
we have trained require much more
frequent and heavy application of pressure
(PAIN j.h.) to get the job done,

This is continued resistance to your
increasing authority, and the job is
not done until it is overcome

Get A 30"- 40" Stick.You can have a helper
wield the stick, or do it yourself. Tougher,
less tractable dogs may require you to
progress to striking them more sharply"

"Try pinching the ear between the metal
casing and the collar, even the buckle on
the collar. Persist! Eventually, the dog will
give in but will squeal, thrash around, and
direct their efforts to escaping the ear pinch"

"You can press the dog's ear with a
shotshell instead of your thumb even
get a studded collar and pinch the ear
against that Make the dog's need to stop
the pinching so urgent that resisting your
will fades in importance.

CHUCK IT Under ITS Chin With That Ever
Ready Right Hand, As it catches on, try
using the stick and no ear pinch.

When the dog is digging out to beat the
stick and seems totally reliable without
any ear pinch, you are finished

This is continued resistance to your
increasing authority, and the job is
not done until it is overcome"

If the dog drops it, chuck it solidly
under the chin, say "No! Hold!"

(stay on the ear until it does) (perhaps
because the ear is getting tender, or the
dog has decided it isn't worth it)" lying
frosty dahl.

"Chin cuff absolutely does not mean slap,"
professora gingold.

> She LOVES them. She has, indeed, been taught
> (and is constantly being taught) respect for animals,
> as Hubs & I do cat rescues from time to time.
> She loves her cats, and any animal she finds/sees. :-)

Well then, you're gonna need some doggy / kat tips:

"You Lying Sack Of Dung.When Have I Ever Said
Anything About Using A Prong Collar, Or Any Collar
Correction At All, To Make Dogs Friendly To House
Cats? Don't bother. The answer is never."

lying "I LOVE KOEHLER" lynn writes about kats and dogs:

'This Article Is Something We've Put Together
For SF GSD Rescue'

From: Lynn Kosmakos (lkosmakos@home.com)
Subject: Re: I have a dog he has cats
Date: 1999/11/20

g*7@my-deja.com wrote:
> How can I get him to quit chasing the cats.

Okay - this is going to be a bit loooong - Lynn K.

"Put a prong collar with a six-foot leash on the dog. Don't
forget to put the muzzle on the dog. I think a prong works
better than a choke with less chance of injury to the dog in
this situation.

Electronics can be used to create an aversion to cats, but
should be used under the direction of a trainer who knows how
to instruct the owner in their proper use. Electronics can
take the form of shock, sonic or citronella collars. At that
time the owner will train with electronics instead of food or
whatever other reward system was being used."

8) Put a prong collar with a six-foot leash on the dog.
Don't forget to put the muzzle on the dog. I think a prong
works better than a choke with less chance of injury to the
dog in this situation. Have the dog in a sit-stay next to
you with most of the slack out of the leash and let the cat
walk through the room and up to the dog if it wishes (this is
why you have the dog muzzled). If the dog makes an
aggressive move towards the cat, it must be corrected strongly
with both your voice and the collar. This is important - the
correction must be physically very strong - not a nag. (PS:
not many dogs need to be corrected at all)."

> > Fourth question: What experience, if any,
> > do your cats have with dogs?

BWEEEEEHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!

> When I had my fosters in the house, that was
> their only experience. They got scarce for several
> days, then came back out & observed the dog
> through the gates. Weren't too thrilled, but handled
> it okay.

That does sHOWEND like dominance...

sinofabitch sez:
> >> What I have said- repeatedly - is that he took
> >> posts from two different people,
> >> took pieces of them out of context,
> >> cobbled them together,

> >> then added his own words

"Neatly," and "Smartly."

> >>and a fake signature.

"sinofabitch" instead of sionnach.

> >>Which is exactly what he did.

> >> The actual quote is misleading
> >> when taken out of context, and Jerry's
> >> faked "quote" is downright meaningless.

> >Here's Jerry's version
>
> > "I Dropped The Leash, Threw My
> > Right Arm Over The Lab's Shoulder,
> > Grabbed Her Opposite Foot With My
> > Left Hand, Rolled Her On Her Side,
> > Leaned On Her, Smartly Growled Into
> > Her Throat And Said "GRRRR!" And
> > Neatly Nipped Her Ear," sinofabitch.
>
> >Here's yours;
>
> > "I dropped the leash, threw my
> > right arm over the Lab's shoulder,
> > grabbed her opposite foot with my
> > left hand, rolled her on her side,
> > leaned on her, said "GRRRR!" and
> > nipped her ear.
>
> > --Sara Sionnach

BWAHAHAHHAHAAAA!!!!!

THAT'S the kind of MENTAL CASE you're
askin for HEELP, C P. The rest of HOWER
posters are her PALS. "Birds of a feather.
You're JUDGED by the company you keep.
When you lie with pigs you'll awaken stinkin
like em. When you get bagged for LYING
you're MARKED FOR LIFE," The Puppy
Wizard's DADDY.

The Puppy Wizard. <{}; ~ ) >

The Puppy Wizard
2004-02-21 19:50:43 EST
HOWEDY C P,

> No, what are HOWER forums?
> Corinne
>
> > > Jerome Bigge writes:
> > > I do know that hitting, hurting
> > > your dog will often make the
> > > dog either aggressive or a fear
> > > biter, neither of which we want to do.

And then we got, matty! Follow his discussion!
This is what's called, a liar and dog abuser:

> > And neither does anyone else,
> > Jerome. No matter
> > what Jerry Howe states.

lyinglynn writes to a new foster care giver:
For barking in the crate - leave the leash on and
pass it through the crate door. Attach a line to it.
When he barks, use the line for a correction.

- if necessary, go to a citronella bark collar.

Lynn K.

> ================

That's INSANE. Ain't it. So's this, here's YOU,
professor SCRUFF SHAKE:

"At this point, "No" does not have any behavioral function.
But, if you say "No,"pick up the puppy by its neck and
shake it a bit, and the frequency of the biting decreases
then you will have achieved too things.

First, the frequency of unwanted chewing has decreased;
and two, you have established "No" as a conditioned punisher.

How much neck pulling and shaking? Just the
minimum necessary to decrease the unwanted
biting.

**********IS THAT A CONSISTENT 5 SECONDS?************

When our dog was a puppy, "No" came before mild
forms of punishment (I would hold my dog's mouth
closed for a few seconds.) whereas "Bad Dog" came
before stronger punishement (the kind discussed above).

"No" is usually sufficient but sometimes I use "Bad Dog"
to stop a behavior. "Bad Dog" ALWAYS works."

That's HOWE COME your dog has OCD behaviors
and is deathly ill from The Puppy Wizard's SYNDROME.

"Just Want To Second Jerry's Method For
Dealing With This (Destructive Separation
Anxiety). I've Suggested It To Quite A Few
Clients Now And It's Worked 'EVERY TIME
The Very First Time' - marilyn, Trainer, 33
Years Experience.

You DO remember KILLFILING MARILYN for
her coment above regarding her success with
The Puppy Wizard's Surrogate Toy Separation
Anxiety / Bed Time Calming / Submissive
Urination Technique (STSA/BTC/SUT)?

Perhaps you likeWIZE recall a pediatrician, Dr. Z,
who commented that his bed time calming technique
was quite similar?

> > You're scary Marilyn.

> > Marilyn must be quite a disturbed
> > individual. I feel very sorry for her
> > and her family.

"His Amazing Progress Almost Makes Me Cry.
Your Method Takes Positive Training To The
Next Level And Should Really Be Used By All
Trainers Who Call Themselves Trainers. Thank
You For Helping Me Save His Life," Kay Pierce,
Professional Trainer, 30 Years Experience.

> > BUT, giving you the benefit of the
> > doubt, please provide a quote (an
> > original quote, not from one of Jerry
> > Howe's heavily edited diatribes) that
> > shows a regular poster promoting or
> > using an abusive form of training.

BWWWWEAAAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!

> > --Matt. Rocky's a Dog.

lyinglynn writes to a new foster care giver:
For barking in the crate - leave the leash on and
pass it through the crate door. Attach a line to it.
When he barks, use the line for a correction.

- if necessary, go to a citronella bark collar.

Lynn K.

> ================

That's INSANE. Ain't it.

"Many People Have Problems Getting The Pinch
Right, Either They Do Not Pinch Enough, Or They
Have A Very Stoic Dog. Some Dogs Will Collapse
Into A Heap. About The Ear Pinch: You Must Keep
The Pressure Up," sindy "don't let the dog SCREAM"
mooreon, author of HOWER FAQ's pages on k9 web.

You think HURTING a HUNTING DOG to
MAKE IT HUNT is NECESSARY???

"Well, Jack Did Hit My Dog. Actually I'd Call It
A Sharp Tap Of The Crook To The Nose. I Know
Jack Wouldn't HaveDone It If He Thought Solo
Couldn't Take It. I Still Crate Him Because
Otherwise I Fear He Might Eat My Cat," melanie.

You think allowing a "FEAR AGGRESSIVE MAN
SHY" dog to be BEATEN by a strange male trainer
is INTELLIGENT BEHAVIOR for a DOG LOVER?

"Warning: Sometimes The Corrections Will Seem
Quite Harsh And Cause You To Cringe. This Is A
Normal Reaction The First Few Times It Happens,
But You'll Get Over It."mike duforth, author:
"Courteous Canine."

You think HURTIN dogs and CRINGING
is COURTEOUS?

"I have heard advice stating that you should pre-load
your dog for Bitter Apple for it to work as efficiently
as possible. What does this mean?"

Means the author is a dog abuser of the worst magnitude.

"When you bring home the Bitter Apple for
the first time, spray one squirt directly into
the dog's mouth and walk away. The dog
won't be too thrilled with this but just ignore
him and continue your normal behavior."

You think HURTING your dog is NORMAL BEHAVIOR?

--Mike Dufort
author of the zero selling book
"Courteous Canines"

You think HOWER pal mikey is playin with a full deck?

Yeah. When I preload my dog's mouth with bitter apple,
suppose I don't get used to being stupid and cruel, mikey?

Then HOWE do I train my dog if I can't HURT it?

"I Dropped The Leash, Threw My Right Arm
Over The Lab's Shoulder, Grabbed Her Opposite
Foot With My Left Hand, Rolled Her On Her Side,
Leaned On Her, Smartly Growled Into Her Throat
And Said "GRRRR!" And Neatly Nipped Her Ear,"
sionnach.

Oh, THANKS, sinofabitch...

And from terri willis, Psychoclown wrote:
"Nope. That "beating dogs with sticks"
things is something you twisted out of
context, because you are full of bizarro
manure."

"Get A 30"- 40" Stick.You can have a
helper wield the stick, or do it yourself.
Tougher, less tractable dogs may require
you to progress to striking them more
sharply," lying frosty dahl, ethical breeder,
expert trainer, discoverer of cannibalism
in Labradors.

You think a EXXXPERT trainer got to BEAT
a HUNTIN dog to MAKE IT HUNT?

"Pudge Was So Soft That She Could And
Would Avoid A Simple Swat On The Rump
With A Riding Crop," lying frosty dahl,
discoverer of CANNIBALISM in Labradors.

Perhaps the mom dog didn't want her babies
HURT all their lives like HOWE HOWER dog
lovers PREFER to HURT THEIR DOGS?

"John ran out, grabbed Blackie by the collar, and
gave the dog two or three medium whacks on the
rump with a training stick while holding him partially
off the ground. John then told Blackie to sit, ran back
to the line and cast him back to the dummies."

The Puppy Wizard sez a mom dog eatin her babies
to SAVE THEM from a fate like that, is COMMENDABLE.

We're gonna teach folks THAT AIN'T NORMAL...

terri willis, Psychoclown wrote:
"Nope. That "beating dogs with sticks"
things is something you twisted out of
context, because you are full of bizarro
manure."

Sez on our FAQ'S pages at K9 Web you should
knee the dog in the chest, step on its toes, throw
him down by his ears and climb all over it like
a raped ape growling into his throat and bite IT
on his ears, or leash pop it on a pronged spiked
pinch choke collar or pop him in the snout with
the heel of your palm.

:
:

"Rocky" <2dogs@rocky-dog.com> wrote in message

> Linda wrote in rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

> > When you compare using sound and
> > praise to solve a problem with using
> > shock collars, hanging, and punishment
> > how can you criticize the use of sound?

> There's nothing more to be said, then.
> You've made up your mind.

> But you've impressed me by mentioning
> that you're a professor with 30 years of
> experience.

> So, can you cite some examples of
> people recommending "shock collars,
> hanging, and punishment"?

BWWWAWHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!

> --
> --Matt. Rocky's a Dog.

You think matty's playin with a full
goddamned deck?

matty's NOT a liar and dog abuser.
He's a MENTAL CASE.

Isn't that true, Marilyn?

Of course not, but THIS IS:

"Chin CHUCK absolutely doesn't mean slap,"
professora gingold.

"Marshall Dermer" <dermer@alpha1.csd.uwm.edu> wrote in message

> >Di,

> I don't believe you mentioned a particular
> kind of training. If you are interested in
> training retrieval behavior than do
> consider our own Amy Dahl's:

> The 10-Minute Retriever : How to Make a
> Well-Mannered, Obedient and
> Enthusiastic Gun Dog in 10 Minutes a
> Day by John I. Dahl, Amy Dahl

You failed to mention your pals the dahls are
proven liars and dog abusers, professor "SCRUFF
SHAKE:"

"I Would Never Advise Anyone To Slap A
Dog I Do Not Believe There Is A Single
Circumstance Ever, Where Slapping A
Dog Is Anything But Destructive,"

LUCKY thing CHIN CHUCK absolutely don't
mean slap the goddamned dog, we'd look like
a conspiracy of LIARS and DOG abusers if
CHIN CHUCK DID mean SLAP the dog.

"I don't see why anyone would want to choke or
beat a dog, or how any trainer could possibly get
a good working dog by making them unhapper,
fearful, cowering, etc." sez amy lying frosty dahl.

DOES THAT SOUND LIKE THE TRUTH?

> just $17.95 at Amazon.com.

> (Also, it is best to killfile posts from the
> few regulars here who are either ill-
> tempered, ill-mannered, or just plain ill.)
> --Marshall

Or HOWE about HOWER just plain CRUEL
STUPID and ABUSIVE DOG ABUSERS,
professor SCRUFF SHAKE?

amy lying frosty dahl continues:

"On the other extreme, the really hard dogs
we have trained require much more
frequent and heavy application of pressure
(PAIN j.h.) to get the job done,

This is continued resistance to your
increasing authority, and the job is
not done until it is overcome

Get A 30"- 40" Stick.You can have a helper
wield the stick, or do it yourself. Tougher,
less tractable dogs may require you to
progress to striking them more sharply"

BUT NOBODY DOES THAT HERE...

"Try pinching the ear between the metal
casing and the collar, even the buckle on
the collar. Persist! Eventually, the dog will
give in but will squeal, thrash around, and
direct their efforts to escaping the ear pinch"

OR ATTACKING HIS ABUSER.

From: Marshall Dermer (dermer@alpha1.csd.uwm.edu)
In article <38CC0C43.94E2DDD1@earthlink.net>
r*z@earthlink.net writes:

>> -snip headers etc.

>> Yes. you're right, I really should find
>> the book.. they don't have these books
>> in the local pet stores I frequent, where
>> do you find Koehler?

> I got a nice large print copy from
> Amazon.com

>Richard

Please try Powell's Books in Portland
Oregon. Their URL is:

http://www.powells.com/

Unlike Amazon.com, Powell's keeps both
new and used books on its shelves. You
can order books via e-email.

Koehler Method Of Dog
Training
by Koehler, W R
Published by HOWELL BOOK
HOUSE (0876056575,

Here's some quotes and some methods right
outta your koehler book professor "SCRUFF SHAKE and scream "NO!"
into its
face for 5
seconds:"

"The Koehler Method of Dog Training (1962). New York:
Howell Book Book House(p. 52-53)."

Hanging

"First, the trainer makes certain that the collar
and leash are more than adequate for any jerk
or strain that the dog's most frantic actions could cause. Then
he starts
to work the dog deliberately and fairly to the point where the dog
makes his
grab.

Before the teeth have reached their target,
the dog, weight permitting, is jerked from
the ground.

As in coping with some of the afore-mentioned problems the dog is
suspended
in mid-air.

However, to let the biting dog recover
his footing while he still had the strength
to renew the attack would be cruelty.

The only justifiable course is to hold him
suspended until he has neither the strength
nor inclination to renew the fight.

When finally it is obvious that he is
physically incapable of expressing his
resentment and is lowered to the ground,
he will probably stagger loop-legged for a
few steps, vomit once or twice, and roll
over on his side.

The sight of a dog lying, thick-tongued,
on his side, is not pleasant, but do not
let it alarm you

THE REAL "HOOD"

"If your dog is a real "hood" who would
regard the foregoing types of protest as
"kid stuff" and would express his
resentment of your efforts by biting,
your problem is difficult -- and pressing.

"Professional trainers often get these
extreme problems. Nearly always the
"protest biter" is the handiwork of a
person who, by avoiding situations that
the dog might resent, has nurtured the
seeds of rebellion and then cultivated
the resultant growth with under correction.

When these people reap their inevitable
and oftentimes painful harvest, they are
ready to avail themselves of "the cruel
trainer" whose advice they may have
once rejected because it was incompatible
with the sugary droolings of mealy-
mouthed columnists, breed-ring biddies,
and dog psychologists who, by the
broken skins and broken hearts their
misinformation causes, can be proven guilty
of the greatest act of cruelty to animals
since the dawn of time.

"With more genuine compassion for the
biting dog than would ever be demonstrated
by those who are "too kind" to make a
correction and certainly with more disregard
for his safety, the professional trainer
morally feels obligated to perform a "major
operation."

"Since we are presently concerned with
the dog that bites in resentment of the
demands of training, we will set our
example in that situation. (In a later
chapter we will deal with the with the
much easier problem of the dog that
bites someone other than his master."

Are we havin FUN yet?

Got a lite, professor SCRUFF SHAKE?

ZPL
2004-02-21 21:54:47 EST
(Just ignore that one.)
"C P" <thinggtwoo@comcast.net> wrote in message
> No, what are HOWER forums?
>
> Corinne

The Puppy Wizard
2004-02-21 23:19:01 EST
HOWEDY zpl,

"ZPL" <ZPL@cox.net> wrote in message
> "C P" <thinggtwoo@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > No, what are HOWER forums?
> >
> > Corinne

> (Just ignore that one.)

You're a dog abuser a liar and a mental case.
You think poisoning mice and setting traps
for a FERRET keeper is SANE???:

From: ZPL (ZPL@cox.net)
Subject: Re: Wild mice in the house
Newsgroups: alt.pets.ferrets
Date: 2003-12-29 11:53:32 PST

The Decon might be your best bet. But, keep
a good lookout in cabinets and such for dead
or dying ones. May be best to place the bait
in the attic (or basement), the garage, and
under the house.

You can try traps, but I found that you just
can't keep up with the population once it
gets started.

From: ZPL (ZPL@cox.net)
Subject: Re: Puppy has accelerated breathing when sleeping
Date: 2004-02-12 08:10:43 PST

Sounds like good puppy sleeps with some dreaming.
Mine has always been very vocal and physical while dreaming -
jerks, snorts, barks, tailwags, and moving feet. It increased
as she got older.

From: ZPL (ZPL@cox.net)
Subject: Re: Introduced the puppy to the ferrets
Date: 2004-02-02 10:21:10 PST

My ferrets have yet gone as far as to pull ears, etc. Yet.
But, there is something to be said about a couple of good
ferret nips on the nose to determine pack order.

I have found "we" do better if it is an area where everyone
has an out of some kind. Ferrets have a piece of furniture to
back under or behind, and the pup has enough room to back up.

110 pounds of Bullmastiff still give way to all 2 pounds of
Bubbles. Sherman however, is everyone's friend. I guess I
have been lucky, but then I have also sought out dogs that
have a low small prey drive. I also introduce at a younger
age. Puppy motor skills improve so much during the 7-9 week
growth period.

From: ZPL (ZPL@cox.net)
Subject: Re: Ferrets and puppy
Newsgroups: alt.pets.ferrets
Date: 2004-02-13 17:24:21 PST

At least Artie thinks that Quinn the Puppy is worth keeping.
That more than I can say about my guys. (Dammit - is that
D-O-G still here?)

"jumpingmouse & kylie" <jumpingmouse02@earthlink.net> wrote in
message
> ROFLOL........"If I can get my teeth into it, I *should* be
> able to drag it back to the hidey hole, Mom."
>

> "Celtic Ferret" <katgall@nospamvoyager.net> wrote in message
> > I let the girls Tara and Skye (ferrets) out to play with
> > the puppy. I had let them play with him earlier, but they
> > beat him up.
> >
> > I turned them loose in the house instead of the playpen.
> > Their little tails were bottle brushed. They played with
> > the puppy, Quinn, from time to time. He was so happy
> > wagging his tail and barking. He'd chase a ferret, then a
> > ferret would chase him.
> >
> > The ferrets disturbed Amy the skunk. Not enough for her
> > to come out and chase them off.
> >
> > Yesterday, Artie the ferret, tried to scruff and drag,
> > Quinn the puppy. Artie weighs in at 2# and Quinn weighs in
> > around 9 or 10#. She made him cry.

C P
2004-02-22 08:11:12 EST
Thanks, friend.