Dog Discussion: Stabbed Beast On The Loose...

Stabbed Beast On The Loose...

Jim Dauven
2004-02-14 16:05:06 EST
With all the crap this is going around I don't know why all
you stupid shits spend all the time and band width about a
dumb shit dog that can be done in with a baseball bat.

I know because I killed and attacking pit bull with my trusty
louisville slugger.

The Independent

Ron In Houston TX
2004-02-14 20:56:29 EST
http://www.11alive.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=42898

Surgery, Vigil for Pit Bull Victim

The 3-year-old victim of a pit bull attack will undergo surgery again
Friday morning, while the animal is still on the loose.

Phillip Lewis' parents – Reggie and Carly Lewis – will also be holding
a Saturday morning candlelight vigil in the suburban Cherokee County
neighborhood, where their son was attacked in the driveway of his
home. Volunteers planned to launch another search for the pit bull
Saturday at 10:30 a.m.

The canine has evaded capture since February 6, when neighbor Regina
Dimare says she heard a boy's screams three houses down from her home
on Spanish Oak Drive.

"I heard someone screaming ‘Help me! Help me!'," Dimare said. She told
11Alive's Blair Meeks the attack occurred in a nearby garage.

"The little boy, from what I understand, the [12]-year-old had opened
the garage door because he was getting ready to go to school and I
guess his mother was going to drive him, or something. And so, the
3-year-old was in the garage with the brother and the dog was right
there and ran in and attacked the little one," Dimare said.

Twelve-year-old Reggie Jr. and his mother tried to pull the pit bull
off of the younger child, but couldn't. Several neighbors heard the
commotion and came running. One of them – C.J. Stewart – grabbed a
knife from the kitchen and stabbed the dog, forcing it to release the
boy.

The dog had bitten through Phillip's upper lip and gum, according to
The Associated Press. The boy's cheek and chin were fractured, as
well. Phillip hasn't spoken since he called out to his mother during
the ambulance ride to Scottish Rite Children's Hospital.

Calling his son "a dynamic little guy, full of life," Reggie Lewis
said, "No son, child should have to endure something like this. No
father should ever have to question the safety of the home he provides
for his family."

Cherokee County Sheriff's deputies and animal control officers scoured
the neighborhood following the attack, but were unable to find the pit
bull. It's suspected the dog may have fled into a nearby wooded area.

The pit bull is described as brown-and-white with injuries around its
neck. It was last seen near Oak Grove off of Woodstock Road. Thus far,
according to Reggie Lewis, the dog's owner has not come forward.

Cherokee County Chief Michael Ray Waters says the animal likely
crawled away to die or has since been retrieved and disposed of by its
owner.

Phillip remains in intensive care at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta
at Scottish Rite, having undergone five hours of surgery and been
given an estimated 170 stitches. Reggie told the AP his son may need
four or five more operations.

Reggie and his wife – who is seven months pregnant – stay close to
Phillip while caring for Reggie Jr., who is still struggling with his
brother's attack. The family is looking for a psychologist to
volunteer to work with the boy.

Saturday's vigil will be at the entrance of the Village Oak Grove
subdivision, at Highway 92 and Woodstock Road, where the Lewis family
resides. Volunteers to help track the pit bull are welcome.

Jokerpit
2004-02-14 20:59:52 EST
thanks for the heads up.... I think I am safe here in New Mexico....I will
give you one, Drunk drivers killed 100s this weekend and thats something
that could happen no matter if pitbulls are involved or not...
"Ron in Houston TX" <gypsy_ole@hotmail.com> wrote in message
[...]

Michael A. Ball
2004-02-14 21:27:45 EST
On 14 Feb 2004 17:56:29 -0800, gypsy_ole@hotmail.com (Ron in Houston TX)
wrote:

>[...]The boy's cheek and chin were fractured, as well.[...]

Since neither is a bone, I wonder how the little "boy's cheek and chin
were fractured."

This is a sad event. Seeing how the dog is probably dead by now, I
surely hope they find the dog's owner--and make an example out of
him/her.

Michael
Whatever it takes.

Greylock
2004-02-14 22:03:05 EST
On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 18:59:52 -0700, "Jokerpit"
<*e@pitbull.net> wrote:

>thanks for the heads up.... I think I am safe here in New Mexico....I will
>give you one, Drunk drivers killed 100s this weekend and thats something
>that could happen no matter if pitbulls are involved or not...

Yes, we know you like dogs better than people and your girfriend is a
pitbull, but most of us consider animals that attack people to be a
problem. And Pittbulls are involved in that particular problem more
than any other single breed I am aware of.

So we can all consider your standard spew as a given and you can be
spared advertising your mental illness every time something similar
comes up.

Why DO you bother to post to actual humans (giving some folks the
benefit of a doubt) when you obviously think dogs are better?

> [...]
>
> Cherokee County Chief Michael Ray Waters says the animal likely
> crawled away to die or has since been retrieved and disposed of by its
> owner.
>
> Phillip remains in intensive care at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta
> at Scottish Rite, having undergone five hours of surgery and been
> given an estimated 170 stitches. Reggie told the AP his son may need
> four or five more operations.
>
> Reggie and his wife - who is seven months pregnant - stay close to
> Phillip while caring for Reggie Jr., who is still struggling with his
> brother's attack. The family is looking for a psychologist to
> volunteer to work with the boy.
>
> Saturday's vigil will be at the entrance of the Village Oak Grove
> subdivision, at Highway 92 and Woodstock Road, where the Lewis family
> resides. Volunteers to help track the pit bull are welcome.

Copelandia Cyanescens
2004-02-14 22:48:04 EST
Greylock wrote...

>>thanks for the heads up.... I think I am safe here in New Mexico....I will
>>give you one, Drunk drivers killed 100s this weekend and thats something
>>that could happen no matter if pitbulls are involved or not...
>
> Yes, we know you like dogs better than people and your girfriend is a
> pitbull, but most of us consider animals that attack people to be a
> problem. And Pittbulls are involved in that particular problem more
> than any other single breed I am aware of.

Actually, most studies show that German Shepherds are responsible for
more attacks, even when population densities of different breeds are
factored in. And in some statistical microcosms like Montgomery County
Alabama (1999), Chow Chows attacked more people than Pit Bulls.

Not that I agree with the poster's obfuscation of a specific problem mind
you, but as a Rottweiler owner I prefer to see arguments about breeds
based on fact rather than superstition. ;)

I will give you this much though, According the the CDC Pit Bull attacks
are close to twice as likely to be fatal than the next most deadly
canine, my beloved Rotty...

--
"I do not like this word "bomb." It is not a bomb. It is a device that is
exploding."

'Captain' Kirk DeHaan
2004-02-14 23:27:32 EST
On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 22:48:04 -0500, Copelandia Cyanescens
<*a@invalid.net> wrote:

>Greylock wrote...
>
>>>thanks for the heads up.... I think I am safe here in New Mexico....I will
>>>give you one, Drunk drivers killed 100s this weekend and thats something
>>>that could happen no matter if pitbulls are involved or not...
>>
>> Yes, we know you like dogs better than people and your girfriend is a
>> pitbull, but most of us consider animals that attack people to be a
>> problem. And Pittbulls are involved in that particular problem more
>> than any other single breed I am aware of.
>
>Actually, most studies show that German Shepherds are responsible for
>more attacks, even when population densities of different breeds are
>factored in. And in some statistical microcosms like Montgomery County
>Alabama (1999), Chow Chows attacked more people than Pit Bulls.
>
>Not that I agree with the poster's obfuscation of a specific problem mind
>you, but as a Rottweiler owner I prefer to see arguments about breeds
>based on fact rather than superstition. ;)
>
>I will give you this much though, According the the CDC Pit Bull attacks
>are close to twice as likely to be fatal than the next most deadly
>canine, my beloved Rotty...

A workmate used to bring her Rotty to work. This was at Sun
Microsystems where it was allowed. He even had an official badge. He
was a very well mannered and peaceful dog. Used to sleep at her feet
under the desk. Of course his master raised him that way.

Kirk

"Moe, Larry, the cheese!", Curly

www.sandpoint.net/captkirk
www.stormyacres.com

Jokerpit
2004-02-15 00:57:18 EST
wrong about involved more than every breed partner but because of media crap
it makes the layman think so...
<*e@pitbull.net> wrote:

> [...]

> Cherokee County Chief Michael Ray Waters says the animal likely
> crawled away to die or has since been retrieved and disposed of by its
> owner.
>
> Phillip remains in intensive care at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta
> at Scottish Rite, having undergone five hours of surgery and been
> given an estimated 170 stitches. Reggie told the AP his son may need
> four or five more operations.
>
> Reggie and his wife - who is seven months pregnant - stay close to
> Phillip while caring for Reggie Jr., who is still struggling with his
> brother's attack. The family is looking for a psychologist to
> volunteer to work with the boy.
>
> Saturday's vigil will be at the entrance of the Village Oak Grove
> subdivision, at Highway 92 and Woodstock Road, where the Lewis family
> resides. Volunteers to help track the pit bull are welcome.

2004-02-15 01:01:29 EST

"Copelandia Cyanescens" <synesthesia@invalid.net> wrote in message
According the the CDC Pit Bull attacks
are close to twice as likely to be fatal than the next most deadly
canine, my beloved Rotty...

I believe you are mistaken in this statement and left out how many
fatalities are there in total... And left out the fact that most pitbull
attacks are mixed breed attacks by curs ...And your so called beloved breed
is bred daily to bite/attack humans where we pitbull owners are trying daily
to fightback the ignorance associated with our breed...

Jokerpit
2004-02-15 01:03:38 EST

"'Captain' Kirk DeHaan" <captkirkREMOVE@MEsandpoint.net> wrote in message
A workmate used to bring her Rotty to work. This was at Sun
Microsystems where it was allowed. He even had an official badge. He
was a very well mannered and peaceful dog. Used to sleep at her feet
under the desk. Of course his master raised him that way.

My Pitbull does the same with me and has for years whats your point? but
we dont need official badge, its my business...How do you raise a dog under
a desk I might ask?

Kirk

"Moe, Larry, the cheese!", Curly

www.sandpoint.net/captkirk