Dog Discussion: MEP Suggests China Boycott

MEP Suggests China Boycott

Buyhard For Tibet
2004-02-08 13:21:43 EST
In the following article, an Irish Member of the European Parliament
has suggested that people should boycott Chinese products in protest
at cat and dog fur products sold in Europe. Animal cruelty is just one
of many reasons why people around the world are boycotting Chinese
products. If you would like to take part in the boycott, please visit
htt://www.buyhard.fsnet.co.uk/animalcruelty.htm, and follow the link
to the action page. Here you will be able to register details of goods
you put back on the shelf when you realised they were made in China.
The current total is $360,429.

28/01/2004 - 5:22:52 PM, Irish Examiner

NI calls for clampdown on cat and dog fur

A leading Ulster Unionist today told the European Commission to "stop
making lame excuses" for the sale of products made from cat and dog
fur.

Jim Nicholson called for legislation outlawing the importation and
sale of figurines, rugs and coats made in China from cat and dog fur.

The Ulster Unionist MEP said from Strasbourg: "DNA tests have shown
that some rugs, coats and figurines are made from real cat and dog
fur.

"To the vast majority of people this is nauseating and barbaric but
unfortunately most are unaware of what exactly they are buying."

Animal welfare groups estimate more than two million cats and dogs are
killed each year in China for their fur, which is used as trimmings on
coats and in children's toys.

Earlier today the British government said it was "sympathetic" to a
ban on the import of domestic cat and dog fur if hard evidence was
produced.

However Mike O'Brien, a junior trade minister, said only one sample of
domestic dog fur had been discovered and none from domestic cats.

"Animal welfare groups have rightly raised serious ethical concerns
about the alleged used of domestic cat and dog fur in the UK," Mr
O'Brien said.

"Our priority remains the need to establish the facts about the extent
of this alleged trade, to ensure there is a valid scientific test that
can identify these furs, and to act in a measured way."

Mr Nicholson urged people in Northern Ireland not to purchase cat and
dog figurines made with the fur.

"We have sent this declaration to the Commission," the Ulster Unionist
MEP said.

"Our voices are added to the tens of thousands of citizens who have
demanded action and the majority of EU agriculture ministers who have
asked for a ban.

"The European Commission should now listen, stop making lame excuses
and bring in legislation to ban this vile trade across the EU.

"In the meantime I would urge people here to be vigilant and boycott
these Chinese products."

Irony Alert
2004-02-08 20:32:27 EST
"Buyhard for Tibet" <buyhard@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> In the following article, an Irish Member of the European Parliament
> has suggested that people should boycott Chinese products in protest
> at cat and dog fur products sold in Europe. Animal cruelty is just one
> of many reasons why people around the world are boycotting Chinese
> products. If you would like to take part in the boycott, please visit
> htt://www.buyhard.fsnet.co.uk/animalcruelty.htm, and follow the link
> to the action page. Here you will be able to register details of goods
> you put back on the shelf when you realised they were made in China.
> The current total is $360,429.
>
> 28/01/2004 - 5:22:52 PM, Irish Examiner
>
> NI calls for clampdown on cat and dog fur
>
> A leading Ulster Unionist today told the European Commission to "stop
> making lame excuses" for the sale of products made from cat and dog
> fur.
>
> Jim Nicholson called for legislation outlawing the importation and
> sale of figurines, rugs and coats made in China from cat and dog fur.
>
> The Ulster Unionist MEP said from Strasbourg: "DNA tests have shown
> that some rugs, coats and figurines are made from real cat and dog
> fur.
>
> "To the vast majority of people this is nauseating and barbaric but
> unfortunately most are unaware of what exactly they are buying."
>
> Animal welfare groups estimate more than two million cats and dogs are
> killed each year in China for their fur, which is used as trimmings on
> coats and in children's toys.
>
> Earlier today the British government said it was "sympathetic" to a
> ban on the import of domestic cat and dog fur if hard evidence was
> produced.
>
> However Mike O'Brien, a junior trade minister, said only one sample of
> domestic dog fur had been discovered and none from domestic cats.
>

> "Animal welfare groups have rightly raised serious ethical concerns
> about the alleged used of domestic cat and dog fur in the UK," Mr
> O'Brien said.
>
> "Our priority remains the need to establish the facts about the extent
> of this alleged trade, to ensure there is a valid scientific test that
> can identify these furs, and to act in a measured way."
>
> Mr Nicholson urged people in Northern Ireland not to purchase cat and
> dog figurines made with the fur.
>
> "We have sent this declaration to the Commission," the Ulster Unionist
> MEP said.
>
> "Our voices are added to the tens of thousands of citizens who have
> demanded action and the majority of EU agriculture ministers who have
> asked for a ban.
>
> "The European Commission should now listen, stop making lame excuses
> and bring in legislation to ban this vile trade across the EU.
>
> "In the meantime I would urge people here to be vigilant and boycott
> these Chinese products."

Animal cruelty is a cottage industry in China, but then, so is stealing
American jobs.

--

The Usenet Irony Alert
Serving alt.fan.art-bell since 2003

Felony case "02-CR-0617 9/1/03: Oregon Department of
Justice V. Raymond Ronald Karczewski, Defendant.

"The defendant's name is NOT copyrighted."

The Puppy Wizard
2004-02-08 22:58:28 EST
HOWEDY People,

"Buyhard for Tibet" <buyhard@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> In the following article, an Irish Member of the European
> Parliament has suggested that people should boycott
> Chinese products in protest at cat and dog fur products
> sold in Europe.

You mean kinda like cow skin is sold and tanned for leather?

> Animal cruelty is just one of many reasons why people
> around the world are boycotting Chinese products.

What CRUELTY? They EAT the MEAT and USE the skin
just like HOWE we do cows pigs and whatever else.

> If you would like to take part in the boycott,

Boycott WHAAAAT??? FOOOD? FUR???

> please visit htt://www.buyhard.fsnet.co.uk/animalcruelty.htm,

BWEEEEHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!

We got HOWER own RESPECTED poster "diddler"
who calls herself a subsistence hunter murderin
coyotes beavers foxes squirrels skunk and whatever
else she can snare noose and choke to death or
leghold trap and bludgeon to death shooe or MAUL
with her DOGS for CHUMP CHANGE just to keep
BUSY and MURDERIN domestic kats cause they're COMPETING PREDATORS
and shootin neighbor's
dogs for rummaging in her trash.

"coyotes pay $3 a piece for raw furs. Raccoons $.50 a piece.
Hardly worth doing, but he's got to do SOMETHING or sitting
around the house with me would drive him stir crazy. <grin>"

> and follow the link to the action page.

BWEEEEEEHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!

At least the Chinks are EATIN what the kill and USE.
HOWER own RESPECTED poster diddler THROWS
HOWET the MEAT and SELLS the SKIN for CHUMP
CHANGE!:

From: diddy (diddy@nospam.diddy.net)
Subject: www.wild-about-trapping.com
Newsgroups: alt.animals.furtrapping
Date: 2002-02-11 13:00:29 PST

Hey Tobias!
I just sent some of my husband's trap line catches to
http://www.wild-about-trapping.com

I didn't get all his catch so far this year. In fact, I
didn't get most. So far he's had 14 beaver (largest ohio
beaver weighing in at 75 pounds, smallest at 35 pounds,
and the average about 45 pounds), 10 coyotes, 4 red fox, 3
muskrats, 38 raccoon, 1 mink. Fur Prices are WAY down,
and he sold those wonderful beaver for $8 apeice from the
raw fur buyer.

coyotes pay $3 a piece for raw furs. Raccoons $.50 a piece.
Hardly worth doing, but he's got to do SOMETHING or sitting
around the house with me would drive him stir crazy. <grin>
I love seeing what he brings home, and even helping him (or
even actually running) his trap line with/for him.

Now when TrapperKD, Webmaster of wild-about-trapping.com
posts them, you can see somewhat the difference between ohio
Red Fox and German Reds. Also posted a Coyote too, i think
Going to see if i can find some of the beaver now." diddy

> Here you will be able to register details of goods
> you put back on the shelf when you realised they
> were made in China. The current total is $360,429.

BWEEAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!

> 28/01/2004 - 5:22:52 PM, Irish Examiner
>
> NI calls for clampdown on cat and dog fur

Well perhaps the US can send the dog and kat
meat and furs from the critters we MURDER in
SHELTERS and RESCUES to China so the Limey's
won't have NUTHIN to BITCH abHOWET?

> A leading Ulster Unionist today told the European
> Commission to "stop making lame excuses" for the
> sale of products made from cat and dog fur.

That so? What's WRONG with KILLIN EATIN
and USIN every thing but the OINK???

> Jim Nicholson called for legislation outlawing
> the importation and sale of figurines, rugs and
> coats made in China from cat and dog fur.

Oh, NO PROBLEMO! We're MURDERIN FIVE
MILLION DOGS A YEAR in the US mostly for
BEHAVIOR problems CAUSED BY MISHANDLING.
Let's send HOWER DEAD DOGS and KATS to
China and they can ENJOY and BENEFIT and
PROFIT from them instead of throwin them in
the GARBAGE for the MAGGOTS?

> The Ulster Unionist MEP said from Strasbourg:
> "DNA tests have shown that some rugs, coats
> and figurines are made from real cat and dog fur.

Just like your shoes and belt are made from REAL
cow skins?

diddler wrote:
"I run a state authorized and monitored nuisance
animal trapline. This morning there was a cat in a snare.
Ordinarily, an animal caught in a snare can be released
unharmed. One of the animals I am targeting is coyotes
(and the complaint was that coyotes were killing area cats)
Duh.. If your cats are becoming lunch for wild animals, to
me .. It makes sense to keep your cats in where they can't
become lunch.. whatever.

Regarding this cat in the snare. It went nuts. It leaped,
and tangled itself, and most certainly strangulated it's
intestines. It had the snare pulled tight down to the
diameter of a dime (just large enough to encircle the
spine) around the waist area. This cats snarled, and
attacked. Trying to extricate this cat was exceedingly
difficult, not to mention dangerous. Because I feared
damage to the intestines and death of the gut, I imagined
this cat was not likely to survive.

It would have been much simpler to dispatch the
unfortunate cat and take out the dead body. Instead,
this cat wore a collar. it deserved a chance, and the
owner deserved closure. (no id on the collar) . It
escaped, just as I released it and it couldn't be taken
to the vet for examination. I will probably never know
if this particular cat survives the experience or not.

Had that cat not been wearing a collar, I would not have
tried to release this hostile cat. Releasing it may not have
been a kindness, but then... cats weren't supposed to be
attracted to this type of trap, in this position, and then
they weren't supposed to go ape, to get themselves in this
situation. If you like your pet, you keep them home."

> "To the vast majority of people this is nauseating
> and barbaric but unfortunately most are unaware
> of what exactly they are buying."

We can SOLVE this "problem" by sendin HOWER
OWN MURDERED DEAD dogs and kats to the Gooks.

diddler wrote:
"are these "CATS" feral domestic cats? (sorry not familiar
with Oklahoma) (I just shoot the DSH cats. Jeff caught a
couple cats last summer while nuisance trapping an orchard,
but it wasn't intentional)" diddy.

> Animal welfare groups estimate more than two
> million cats and dogs are killed each year in China
> for their fur, which is used as trimmings on coats
> and in children's toys.

HOWE abHOWET we send THEM HOWER FIVE
MILLION and we TAKE THEIR TWO MILLION and
MURDER THEM HERE where it's CALLED RESCUING
and SHELTERING and SEND THEM BACK there for PROCESSING and EATIN?

HERE'S HOWE COME WE MURDER FIVE
MILLION DEAD DOGS A YEAR:

Borrowed from: "Puppy Raising Tips" from
professional trainers, John and Amy Dahl.

"Around four months many puppies can withstand a
correction. Unfortunately this is the time they start
teething and if their mouth hurts, they may act
generally sensitive. If this is the case, be patient and
wait for all those baby teeth to fall out.

In training, retrievers often respond to physical correction
better than verbal correction. While "NO!" is extremely
useful if puppy is about to bite an electrical cord or steal
food off the table, when you are teaching them something
(like obedience) a sharp jerk on their lead or swat with a
stick gets the message across with less emotion and less
effect on their confidence.

If they drop the dummy and act like their mouth hurts
when they are teething, stop all retrieving and wait for
their mouth to feel better. A correction should be just
severe enough to get the dog to respond.

Repeated weak corrections are very stressful to the dog."

http://www.oakhillkennel.com/library/force/force2.html

END lyingfrosty dahl

Psychoclown wrote:
"Nope. That "beating dogs with sticks" things is something
you twisted out of context, because you are full of bizarro
manure."

Amy lyingfrosty dahl LIES with a straight face and says:

"I don't beat dogs, twist ears, or pinch toes. For the benefit
of anyone who is in doubt, and who chooses not to read the
article (SHE'D REALLY LIKE IT IF YOU DON'T READ IT!),
there is NO mention in it of twisting ears (INDEED, SHE
PINCHES THEM WITH SPIKES).

I would never slap a dog (SHE TEACHES PEOPLE TO
BEAT DOGS WITH STICKS TO MOTIVATE THEM).

I would never advise anyone to slap a dog (SHE'S A
PROVEN LIAR AND DOG ABUSER, do you expect her to
ADMIT THE TRUTH???).

I do not believe there is a single circumstance, ever, where
slapping a dog is anything but destructive."

RIGHT. She PINCHES, not twists... and chin cuff doesn't
mean hit, according to lyinglynn and avrama....

amy lyingfrosty dahl continues:

"Get a stick 30- or 40-inches long. You can have a helper
wield the stick, or do it yourself. Tougher, less tractable
dogs may require you to progress to striking them more
sharply.

REPEAT, VARYING HOW HARD YOU HIT THE DOG.

Now you are ready to progress to what most people think of
as force-fetching: the ear pinch.

Make the dog's need to stop the pinching so urgent that
resisting your will fades in importance.

but will squeal, thrash around, and direct their efforts to
escaping the ear pinch even get a studded collar and pinch
the ear against that if the dog still does not open its mouth,
get out the shotshell.

Try pinching the ear between the metal casing and the
collar, even the buckle on the collar. Persist! Eventually, the
dog will give in

With your hand on the collar and ear, say, 'fetch.'

Immediately tap the dog on the hindquarters with the stick.

Repeat "fetch" and pinch the ear all the way to the dummy.
You can press the dog's ear with a shotshell instead of your
thumb; Say 'fetch' while pressing the dummy against its lips
and pinching its ear."

Gotta LOVE koehler. dahl makes koheler look like St. Francis.

We're gonna teach folks THAT AIN'T NORMAL

That's HOWE COME HOWER DOG LOVERS can't
post here abHOWETS noMOORE.

The Puppy Wizard. <} ; ~ ) >

Housebreaking, HOWELING, And CRIMINAL INSANITIY

Date: 2003-10-29 12:31:55 PST

"Why do I think Koehler's method is more humane
than others?" asks lying frosty dahl.
Date: 2001-05-25 12:43:59 PST

Hello amy,

"Amy Dahl" <amy@oakhillkennel.com> wrote in message

> Patch wrote:
>
> > Personally, I think Lisa is pilloried for talking
> > about how well she is doing by using Jerry's
> > manual. If it were a different persons manual
> > but the same content, with Koehler`s name
> > on it, for example, or Barry Easton, I do not
> > believe she would be jumped on the way she
> > has been.
>
> You're entitled to your opinion, of course, but it
> isn't borne out by the facts.

Coming from a proven liar, that's a laugh...

> Ron Hardin promotes Koehler in much the
> same way Lisa promotes Jerry's stuff.

You and dogman and cindy promote koehler, as
do many others, including professor lyingdoc dermer,
professora "chin cuff don't mean slap" gingold, and
our friend ed w of pet loss dot con.

Our rpdb regulars are predominantely koehler trainers.

> In particular he has one dog with whom he has
> accomplished limited things, but he seems to
> think he knows the answers for everybody.

It's all in the koehler book. Except when it don't work,
the dog DIES.

> Ron comes and goes here, but when he's here,
> he gets a reaction pretty much like Lisa's getting.

You're an outright liar, dahl.

> A lot of people ignore him, and a lot of others despise him.

That's not true at all. Ron is the ONLY koehler trainer here who
hasn't been busted for lying about his abusing dogs.

> It's not the method he has chosen to subscribe to,
> it's the fact that he's promoting a method based on
> very little experience.

That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

> Amy Dahl

Your words:

"From where I sit, there is a difference. I haven't noticed
any of the contingent who like Koehler trying to force
their method on everyone, or calling others names because
they do not use the method.

I personally believe the Koehler method is a more
humane way of teaching than any alternative I have
studied.

And I am not averse to learning--I have studied a
number of methods.

Koehler, of course, stops far short of the specialized
work I do with retrievers, and some of the things in his
book, such as making the dog walk behind the handler
on the "finish," are inappropriate for retriever work.

Why do I think Koehler's method is more humane than others?

First, I don't believe "corrections vs. no corrections" is as
significant to dogs as it is to people. Applied correctly,
Koehler's method uses *no* intimidation, fear, or emotional
manipulation. It is clear and definite, and the handler's
actions are always predictable. The method is masterfully
designed to prevent confrontation or vying for control in
any way. It places high demands of responsibility on the
trainer, and takes a great deal of commitment to do correctly,
so it is not for the casual "dabbler." When done well,very
few corrections are needed.

In brief, I think the clarity, predictability, and absence
of emotional blackmail weigh more strongly in the method's
favor, than the occasional brief unpleasantness of correction
weighs against it." lying frosty dahl.

"The Koehler Method of Dog Training" Howell Book House, 1996":

"Housebreaking problems:

Occasionally, there is a pup who seems determined to
relieve himself inside the house, regardless of how
often he has the opportunity to go outside. This dog
may require punishment. Make certain he is equipped
with a collar and piece of line so he can't avoid correction.

When you discover a mess, move in fast, take him to
the place of his error, and hold his head close enough
so that he associates his error with the punishment.
Punish him by spanking him with a light strap or
switch. Either one is better than a folded newspaper.

It is important to your future relationship that you do
not rush at him and start swinging before you get hold of him.

When he's been spanked, take him outside. Chances
are, if you are careful in your feeding and close
observation, you will not have to do much punishing.
Be consistent in your handling. To have a pup almost
house-broken and then force him to commit an error by
not providing an opportunity to go outside is very
unfair. Careful planning will make your job easier.

The same general techniques of housebreaking apply
to grown dogs that are inexperienced in the house.

For the grown dog who was reliable in the house and
then backslides, the method of correction differs
somewhat. In this group of "backsliders" we have the
"revenge piddler." This dog protests being alone by
messing on the floor and often in the middle of a bed.

The first step of correction is to confine the dog
closely in a part of the house when you go away, so
that he is constantly reminded of his obligation. The
fact that he once was reliable in the house is proof
that the dog knows right from wrong, and it leaves you
no other course than to punish him sufficiently to
convince him that the satisfaction of his wrongdoing is
not worth the consequences.

If the punishment is not severe enough, some of these
"backsliders" will think they're winning and will
continue to mess in the house. An indelible impression
can sometimes be made by giving the dog a hard
spanking of long duration, then leaving him tied by the
mess he's made so you can come back at twenty
minute intervals and punish him again for the same
thing.

In most cases, the dog that deliberately does
this disagreeable thing cannot be made reliable by the
light spanking that some owners seem to think is
adequate punishment. It will be better for your dog, as
well as the house, if you really pour it on him.

Some of the new "breaking scents" on the market can
aid in your house-breaking program. One type
discourages the dog from even visiting an
area. Another encourages him to relieve himself in the
area where it is sprinkled. Your pet shop should be
able to supply further information on the brands available
in your district.

Be fair to your dog in what and when you feed him and
be consistent in your efforts to housebreak him, and
you'll soon accomplish the job.

BARKING, WHINING, HOWLING, YODELING,
SCREAMING, AND WAILING

The fact that you realize you have such a problem
makes it certain you have "reproved" the dog often
enough to let him know you were against his sound
effects, even though your reproving didn't quiet them,
so we'll bypass the loudly clapped hands, the cup of
water in his face, and the "shame-shames" and start
with something more emphatic.

We'll begin with the easiest kind of vocalist to correct:
the one that charges gates, fences, doors, and
windows, barking furiously at familiar or imaginary
people and objects. A few clusters of BBs from a
good slingshot, in conjunction with the light line and
plenty of temptations, will cause such a dog to use
his mind rather than his mouth.

But you won't make the permanent impression unless
you supply dozens of opportunities for him to exercise
the control he thus acquires. Make sure these
opportunities don't always come at the same time
of the day, else he may learn to observe the "quiet
hour" and pursue his old routines at other times.

With the help of the light line, it will be easy to follow
the BBs with a long down to make sure he gets the
most from his lesson. As was mentioned before,
eliminating the senseless barking will not lessen the
dog's value as a watchdog but rather, as he grows
more discriminating, increase it.

The dog who vocalizes in bratty protest or
lonesomeness because you're gone constitutes a
different problem. If it is impractical for someone
to stay with him constantly (there are owners who
cater to neurosis by employing dog sitters), you'll have
to heed the neighbors and the law and quiet the dog.

This calls for a little ingenuity as well as a heavy hand.

Attach a line to your dog's collar, so your corrective
effort doesn't turn into a footrace around the house
until you reach a stalemate under the bed. This use of
the line in the correction will also serve to establish it
as a reminder to be quiet as the dog drags it around
when you're not present.

Next, equip yourself with a man's leather belt or a
strap heavy enough to give your particular dog a good
tanning. Yup-we're going to strike him. Real hard.
Remember, you're dealing with a dog who knows he
should be quiet and neighbors who have legal rights to
see that he does.

When the noise comes, instead of trying to sneak up to
the door so you can barge in while he's still barking,
which is generally impossible, respond to his first
sound with an emphatic bellow of "out," and keep
on bellowing as you charge back to his area.

Thunder through the door or gate, snatch up the belt
that you've conveniently placed, and descend on him.
He'll have no chance to dodge if you grab the line and
reel him in until his front feet are raised off the floor or,
if he's a big dog, until you've snubbed him up with a
hitch on something.

While he's held in close, lay the strap vigorously
against his thighs.

Keep pouring it on him until he thinks it's the bitter
end. A real whaling now may cut down somewhat
on the number of repeat performances that will be
necessary.

When you're finished and the dog is convinced that he
is, put him on a long down to think things over while you catch
your
breath. After fifteen or twenty minutes, release him from the stay
and leave the area again.

So that you won't feel remorseful, reflect on the truth
that a great percentage of the barkers who are given
away to "good homes" end up in the kindly black box
with the sweet smell. Personally, I've always felt that
it's even better to spank children, even if they "cry
out," than to "put them to sleep."

You might have a long wait on that comfortable porch
before your dog starts broadcasting again. When he
does, let your long range bellow tie the consequent
correction to his first sound and repeat the
spanking, if anything emphasizing it a bit more.

It might be necessary to spend a Saturday or another
day off so that you'll have time to follow through
sufficiently. When you have a full day, you will be able
to convince him each yelp will have a bad
consequence, and the consistency will make your job
easier. If he gets away with his concert part of the
time, he'll be apt to gamble on your inconsistency.

After a half dozen corrections, "the reason and the
correction" will be tied in close enough association so
that you can move in on him without the preliminary
bellowing of "out." From then on, it's just a case of
laying for the dog and supplying enough bad
consequences of his noise so he'll no longer feel like
gambling.

If there has been a long history of barking and whining,
it sometimes requires a lot of work to make a dog be
quiet when you're not around, so give the above
method an honest try before you presume your dog
requires a more severe correction." wm koehler.

=======================

If you are interested in purchasing a dignified stick to
lay across you puppy's arse, just send a personal check
or money order in the amount of $30-$40 for a 30"-40"
long whuppin stick.

These all natural hickory switches will outlast an
entire litter of puppies! MAYBE MOORE!! Supplies
limited, so HURRY! Be the first in your club to have
the hickory switch training aid guaranteed for the life
of your dog (which may be much shorter than nature
intended!).

Ask yourself: "HOWE COME DOESN'T JERRY
HURT DOGS TO TRAIN THEM?"

And then just answer: "On AccHOWENT Of
JERRY KNOWS HOWE TO TRAIN DOGS
WITHOUT HURTING THEM."

And THEN SAY OUT LHOWED: "IGNORE
JERRY, HE'S MEAN TO DOG ABUSERS."

You can get all the information you need to
PUPPERLY handle and train your dog using
non force, non confrontational, scientific and
psychological methods, in your FREE copy
of The Puppy Wizard's FREE WWW Wits'
End Dog Training Method Manual.

The Puppy Wizard. <{}; ~ ) >

The Puppy Wizard
2004-02-08 23:00:13 EST

"Buyhard for Tibet" <buyhard@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> In the following article, an Irish Member of the European
Parliament
> has suggested that people should boycott Chinese products in
protest
> at cat and dog fur products sold in Europe. Animal cruelty is
just one
> of many reasons why people around the world are boycotting
Chinese
> products.

HOWEDY People,

Welcome to HOWER dog lover's forums,
the only place in the Whole Wild World
where jerking and choking dogs on pronged
spiked pinch choke collars, scruff shaking
and shocking and beating them with sticks
and twisting and pinching their ears and
toes and shoving fingers dHOWEN puppy's
throats to gently choke them HOWETA
mHOWETHING is TEACHIN RESPECT
and SHOWIN LOVE, and having non violent
sex with a critter is a CRIME.

Can anyWON spare some extra lithium?

> > > Jerome Bigge writes:
> > > I do know that hitting, hurting
> > > your dog will often make the
> > > dog either aggressive or a fear
> > > biter, neither of which we want to do.

And then we got, matty! Follow his discussion!
This is what's called, a liar and dog abuser:

> > And neither does anyone else,
> > Jerome. No matter
> > what Jerry Howe states.

lyinglynn writes to a new foster care giver:
For barking in the crate - leave the leash on and
pass it through the crate door. Attach a line to it.
When he barks, use the line for a correction.

- if necessary, go to a citronella bark collar.

Lynn K.

> ================

That's INSANE. Ain't it. So's this, here's YOU,
professor SCRUFF SHAKE:

"At this point, "No" does not have any behavioral function.
But, if you say "No,"pick up the puppy by its neck and
shake it a bit, and the frequency of the biting decreases
then you will have achieved too things.

First, the frequency of unwanted chewing has decreased;
and two, you have established "No" as a conditioned punisher.

How much neck pulling and shaking? Just the
minimum necessary to decrease the unwanted
biting.

**********IS THAT A CONSISTENT 5 SECONDS?************

When our dog was a puppy, "No" came before mild
forms of punishment (I would hold my dog's mouth
closed for a few seconds.) whereas "Bad Dog" came
before stronger punishement (the kind discussed above).

"No" is usually sufficient but sometimes I use "Bad Dog"
to stop a behavior. "Bad Dog" ALWAYS works."

That's HOWE COME your dog has OCD behaviors
and is deathly ill from The Puppy Wizard's SYNDROME.

"Just Want To Second Jerry's Method For
Dealing With This (Destructive Separation
Anxiety). I've Suggested It To Quite A Few
Clients Now And It's Worked 'EVERY TIME
The Very First Time' - marilyn, Trainer, 33
Years Experience.

You DO remember KILLFILING MARILYN for
her coment above regarding her success with
The Puppy Wizard's Surrogate Toy Separation
Anxiety / Bed Time Calming / Submissive
Urination Technique (STSA/BTC/SUT)?

Perhaps you likeWIZE recall a pediatrician, Dr. Z,
who commented that his bed time calming technique
was quite similar?

> > You're scary Marilyn.

> > Marilyn must be quite a disturbed
> > individual. I feel very sorry for her
> > and her family.

"His Amazing Progress Almost Makes Me Cry.
Your Method Takes Positive Training To The
Next Level And Should Really Be Used By All
Trainers Who Call Themselves Trainers. Thank
You For Helping Me Save His Life," Kay Pierce,
Professional Trainer, 30 Years Experience.

> > BUT, giving you the benefit of the
> > doubt, please provide a quote (an
> > original quote, not from one of Jerry
> > Howe's heavily edited diatribes) that
> > shows a regular poster promoting or
> > using an abusive form of training.

BWWWWEAAAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!

> > --Matt. Rocky's a Dog.

lyinglynn writes to a new foster care giver:
For barking in the crate - leave the leash on and
pass it through the crate door. Attach a line to it.
When he barks, use the line for a correction.

- if necessary, go to a citronella bark collar.

Lynn K.

> ================

That's INSANE. Ain't it.

"Many People Have Problems Getting The Pinch
Right, Either They Do Not Pinch Enough, Or They
Have A Very Stoic Dog. Some Dogs Will Collapse
Into A Heap. About The Ear Pinch: You Must Keep
The Pressure Up," sindy "don't let the dog SCREAM"
mooreon, author of HOWER FAQ's pages on k9 web.

You think HURTING a HUNTING DOG to
MAKE IT HUNT is NECESSARY???

"Well, Jack Did Hit My Dog. Actually I'd Call It
A Sharp Tap Of The Crook To The Nose. I Know
Jack Wouldn't HaveDone It If He Thought Solo
Couldn't Take It. I Still Crate Him Because
Otherwise I Fear He Might Eat My Cat," melanie.

You think allowing a "FEAR AGGRESSIVE MAN
SHY" dog to be BEATEN by a strange male trainer
is INTELLIGENT BEHAVIOR for a DOG LOVER?

"Warning: Sometimes The Corrections Will Seem
Quite Harsh And Cause You To Cringe. This Is A
Normal Reaction The First Few Times It Happens,
But You'll Get Over It."mike duforth, author:
"Courteous Canine."

You think HURTIN dogs and CRINGING
is COURTEOUS?

"I have heard advice stating that you should pre-load
your dog for Bitter Apple for it to work as efficiently
as possible. What does this mean?"

Means the author is a dog abuser of the worst magnitude.

"When you bring home the Bitter Apple for
the first time, spray one squirt directly into
the dog's mouth and walk away. The dog
won't be too thrilled with this but just ignore
him and continue your normal behavior."

You think HURTING your dog is NORMAL BEHAVIOR?

--Mike Dufort
author of the zero selling book
"Courteous Canines"

You think HOWER pal mikey is playin with a full deck?

Yeah. When I preload my dog's mouth with bitter apple,
suppose I don't get used to being stupid and cruel, mikey?

Then HOWE do I train my dog if I can't HURT it?

"I Dropped The Leash, Threw My Right Arm
Over The Lab's Shoulder, Grabbed Her Opposite
Foot With My Left Hand, Rolled Her On Her Side,
Leaned On Her, Smartly Growled Into Her Throat
And Said "GRRRR!" And Neatly Nipped Her Ear,"
sionnach.

Oh, THANKS, sinofabitch...

And from terri willis, Psychoclown wrote:
"Nope. That "beating dogs with sticks"
things is something you twisted out of
context, because you are full of bizarro
manure."

"Get A 30"- 40" Stick.You can have a
helper wield the stick, or do it yourself.
Tougher, less tractable dogs may require
you to progress to striking them more
sharply," lying frosty dahl, ethical breeder,
expert trainer, discoverer of cannibalism
in Labradors.

You think a EXXXPERT trainer got to BEAT
a HUNTIN dog to MAKE IT HUNT?

"Pudge Was So Soft That She Could And
Would Avoid A Simple Swat On The Rump
With A Riding Crop," lying frosty dahl,
discoverer of CANNIBALISM in Labradors.

Perhaps the mom dog didn't want her babies
HURT all their lives like HOWE HOWER dog
lovers PREFER to HURT THEIR DOGS?

"John ran out, grabbed Blackie by the collar, and
gave the dog two or three medium whacks on the
rump with a training stick while holding him partially
off the ground. John then told Blackie to sit, ran back
to the line and cast him back to the dummies."

The Puppy Wizard sez a mom dog eatin her babies
to SAVE THEM from a fate like that, is COMMENDABLE.

We're gonna teach folks THAT AIN'T NORMAL...

terri willis, Psychoclown wrote:
"Nope. That "beating dogs with sticks"
things is something you twisted out of
context, because you are full of bizarro
manure."

Sez on our FAQ'S pages at K9 Web you should
knee the dog in the chest, step on its toes, throw
him down by his ears and climb all over it like
a raped ape growling into his throat and bite IT
on his ears, or leash pop it on a pronged spiked
pinch choke collar or pop him in the snout with
the heel of your palm.

:
:

"Rocky" <2dogs@rocky-dog.com> wrote in message

> Linda wrote in rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

> > When you compare using sound and
> > praise to solve a problem with using
> > shock collars, hanging, and punishment
> > how can you criticize the use of sound?

> There's nothing more to be said, then.
> You've made up your mind.

> But you've impressed me by mentioning
> that you're a professor with 30 years of
> experience.

> So, can you cite some examples of
> people recommending "shock collars,
> hanging, and punishment"?

BWWWAWHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!

> --
> --Matt. Rocky's a Dog.

You think matty's playin with a full
goddamned deck?

matty's NOT a liar and dog abuser.
He's a MENTAL CASE.

Isn't that true, Marilyn?

Of course not, but THIS IS:

"Chin CHUCK absolutely doesn't mean slap,"
professora gingold.

"Marshall Dermer" <dermer@alpha1.csd.uwm.edu> wrote in message

> >Di,

> I don't believe you mentioned a particular
> kind of training. If you are interested in
> training retrieval behavior than do
> consider our own Amy Dahl's:

> The 10-Minute Retriever : How to Make a
> Well-Mannered, Obedient and
> Enthusiastic Gun Dog in 10 Minutes a
> Day by John I. Dahl, Amy Dahl

You failed to mention your pals the dahls are
proven liars and dog abusers, professor "SCRUFF
SHAKE:"

"I Would Never Advise Anyone To Slap A
Dog I Do Not Believe There Is A Single
Circumstance Ever, Where Slapping A
Dog Is Anything But Destructive,"

LUCKY thing CHIN CHUCK absolutely don't
mean slap the goddamned dog, we'd look like
a conspiracy of LIARS and DOG abusers if
CHIN CHUCK DID mean SLAP the dog.

"I don't see why anyone would want to choke or
beat a dog, or how any trainer could possibly get
a good working dog by making them unhapper,
fearful, cowering, etc." sez amy lying frosty dahl.

DOES THAT SOUND LIKE THE TRUTH?

> just $17.95 at Amazon.com.

> (Also, it is best to killfile posts from the
> few regulars here who are either ill-
> tempered, ill-mannered, or just plain ill.)
> --Marshall

Or HOWE about HOWER just plain CRUEL
STUPID and ABUSIVE DOG ABUSERS,
professor SCRUFF SHAKE?

amy lying frosty dahl continues:

"On the other extreme, the really hard dogs
we have trained require much more
frequent and heavy application of pressure
(PAIN j.h.) to get the job done,

This is continued resistance to your
increasing authority, and the job is
not done until it is overcome

Get A 30"- 40" Stick.You can have a helper
wield the stick, or do it yourself. Tougher,
less tractable dogs may require you to
progress to striking them more sharply"

BUT NOBODY DOES THAT HERE...

"Try pinching the ear between the metal
casing and the collar, even the buckle on
the collar. Persist! Eventually, the dog will
give in but will squeal, thrash around, and
direct their efforts to escaping the ear pinch"

OR ATTACKING HIS ABUSER.

"You can press the dog's ear with a
shotshell instead of your thumb even
get a studded collar and pinch the ear
against that Make the dog's need to stop
the pinching so urgent that resisting your
will fades in importance.

CHUCK IT Under ITS Chin With That Ever
Ready Right Hand, As it catches on, try
using the stick and no ear pinch.

When the dog is digging out to beat the
stick and seems totally reliable without
any ear pinch, you are finished

This is continued resistance to your
increasing authority, and the job is
not done until it is overcome"

If the dog drops it, chuck it solidly
under the chin, say "No! Hold!"

(stay on the ear until it does) (perhaps
because the ear is getting tender, or the
dog has decided it isn't worth it)" lying
frosty dahl.

"Chin cuff absolutely does not mean slap,"
professora gingold.

From: Marshall Dermer (dermer@alpha1.csd.uwm.edu)
In article <38CC0C43.94E2DDD1@earthlink.net>
r*z@earthlink.net writes:

>> -snip headers etc.

>> Yes. you're right, I really should find
>> the book.. they don't have these books
>> in the local pet stores I frequent, where
>> do you find Koehler?

> I got a nice large print copy from
> Amazon.com

>Richard

Please try Powell's Books in Portland
Oregon. Their URL is:

http://www.powells.com/

Unlike Amazon.com, Powell's keeps both
new and used books on its shelves. You
can order books via e-email.

Koehler Method Of Dog
Training
by Koehler, W R
Published by HOWELL BOOK
HOUSE (0876056575,

Here's some quotes and some methods right
outta your koehler book professor "SCRUFF SHAKE and scream "NO!"
into its
face for 5
seconds:"

"The Koehler Method of Dog Training (1962). New York:
Howell Book Book House(p. 52-53)."

Hanging

"First, the trainer makes certain that the collar
and leash are more than adequate for any jerk
or strain that the dog's most frantic actions could cause. Then
he starts
to work the dog deliberately and fairly to the point where the dog
makes his
grab.

Before the teeth have reached their target,
the dog, weight permitting, is jerked from
the ground.

As in coping with some of the afore-mentioned problems the dog is
suspended
in mid-air.

However, to let the biting dog recover
his footing while he still had the strength
to renew the attack would be cruelty.

The only justifiable course is to hold him
suspended until he has neither the strength
nor inclination to renew the fight.

When finally it is obvious that he is
physically incapable of expressing his
resentment and is lowered to the ground,
he will probably stagger loop-legged for a
few steps, vomit once or twice, and roll
over on his side.

The sight of a dog lying, thick-tongued,
on his side, is not pleasant, but do not
let it alarm you

THE REAL "HOOD"

"If your dog is a real "hood" who would
regard the foregoing types of protest as
"kid stuff" and would express his
resentment of your efforts by biting,
your problem is difficult -- and pressing.

"Professional trainers often get these
extreme problems. Nearly always the
"protest biter" is the handiwork of a
person who, by avoiding situations that
the dog might resent, has nurtured the
seeds of rebellion and then cultivated
the resultant growth with under correction.

When these people reap their inevitable
and oftentimes painful harvest, they are
ready to avail themselves of "the cruel
trainer" whose advice they may have
once rejected because it was incompatible
with the sugary droolings of mealy-
mouthed columnists, breed-ring biddies,
and dog psychologists who, by the
broken skins and broken hearts their
misinformation causes, can be proven guilty
of the greatest act of cruelty to animals
since the dawn of time.

"With more genuine compassion for the
biting dog than would ever be demonstrated
by those who are "too kind" to make a
correction and certainly with more disregard
for his safety, the professional trainer
morally feels obligated to perform a "major
operation."

"Since we are presently concerned with
the dog that bites in resentment of the
demands of training, we will set our
example in that situation. (In a later
chapter we will deal with the with the
much easier problem of the dog that
bites someone other than his master."

Are we havin FUN yet?

Got a lite, professor SCRUFF SHAKE?

The Puppy Wizard
2004-02-09 14:29:10 EST

"Buyhard for Tibet" <buyhard@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> In the following article, an Irish Member of the European
Parliament
> has suggested that people should boycott Chinese products in
protest
> at cat and dog fur products sold in Europe. Animal cruelty is
just one
> of many reasons why people around the world are boycotting
Chinese
> products.

A Creative Alternative
Date: 2003-08-02 17:56:48 PST

HOWEDY People,

HOWEDY Senor,

"Senor Chico" <Byte_Me@hotmail.com> wrote in message
:
> Dear Dear Friends,

The Puppy Wizard doesn't make friends EZ.

> Excuse my English Please, Thank You.

NO PROBLEMO. Scuse The Puppy Wizard's SPELLin.

> First congratulation on all you good work with animal.

INDEEDY! That's HOWE COME The Puppy Wizard is
here abHOWETS. EveryWON gotta be somewhere, an
this is the best place to be, cause every freakin syllable
is permenantely inscribed in The Puppy Wizard's Archives.

Welcome to The Puppy Wizard's FREE WWW Wits' End
Dog Training Method Forum.

> We support.

Would you bet your life on that?

> We would like to help you make money,

Well, that's what it's all abHOWET, here abHOWETS.

> so we like to offer help so you make money.

The Puppy Wizard heartily endorses prosperity.

NOBODY The Puppy Wizard is PUTTIN HOWETA BUSINESS
is gonna STARVE. Trust The Puppy Wizard. ed w of PET LOSS
dot CON will STILL have The Puppy Wizard recommending you
generHOWESLY contribute to his cybermemorial SCAM so he
don't gotta go HOWET and steal kat tuna from the local feral
kat rescue colony for breakfast.

> Dog shelter kill million of dog, cost money.

We have EXXXPERTS at that here abHOWETS, Senor Chico.
The Puppy Wizard thinks you an HE is gonna make GOOD
FRIENDS, Mr. Chico. You got SMARTS. The Puppy Wizard
shoulda THOUGHTA THAT! The shelter and rescue and
ETHICAL BREEDER folks NEED MONEY from anybody
they can BEG or CON it HOWETA.

You got a PLAN, Mr. Senor Chico?

> Dog shelter cremate dog cost money.

Right. Or they throw it inta the goddamned garbage.
Some business sell the carcasses for rendernin or
sumpthin. Coule probably harvest a lotta hair for
knittin. That hair could be donated to a charitable
organization, like the Blind Knitters Society or sumpthin.

> Dog shelter need money to operate.

That's HOWE COME they got to KILL so many dogs
they're RESCUING and SHELTERING and HEELPIN.

> Where it get money?

You an The Puppy Wizard pay them through your
licensing and taxing and charitable contributions
to worthwhile organizations who teach folks to give
up their dogs to experts who'll find them nice safe
HOWEses to live in permenantely, to replace the
DEAD DOGS HOWER DOG LOVERS NEED TO
REPLACE.

> Hard to get money.

Perhaps that's HOWE COME nobody minds takin
a dog back if IT don't work HOWET in his new HOWES.
There's lots of folks who take dogs in for those organizations
and help them save dog's and kats and birdies an horses
and everybody's critters live's.

They even spend inordinate amHOWENTS of money
caring for animals who are too sick or broken to rehabilitate.
But they'll KILL a pit bull dog on sight and any aggression
or shyness is grHOWENDS for to be MURDERED and thrown
into the goddamned GARBAGE.

> Many people like to eat dog.

The Puppy Wizard enjoys eating healthful food.

> People need to eat dog.

Some cultures are prohibited from indulging.
The Puppy Wizard has no preference, except
that like pig, you probably shouldn't eat it cause
of variHOWES considerations. Perhaps your
consdierations are more valid, in the big scheme
of things, all things being the same same same
same, when you get dHOWEN to it.

> Where do they get dog?

You can rase them even EZier than chickens.

> Some people they raise dog to eat.

You could probably do good with that right here
where The Puppy Wizard lives. I got three bitches.
Wonder if it'd be worth it to take a few litters from
them?

> Some steal dog,

BWWWHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!

That's HOWE The Puppy Wizard's dogs
supplement the protein in their diet.

> make some people angry,

Don't bother The Puppy Wizard none, that's their JOB.
They'll be off duty for a couple weeks when they're
carryin a big litter and a few days thereafter. But she'll
be REAL HUNGRY when she comes HOWET. Maybe
someWON would like to take her from her puppies?
That's the same drive that motivates The Puppy Wizard's
FREE WWW Wits' End Dog Training Method Manual
Student's dogs to be naturally ferociHOWES.

> hurt some people.

Goddamned tootin. That's their JOB. You speak
English, don't you? JOB means they DO that to LIVE.

> That not right.

BWWWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!

Works for The Puppy Wizard and all HIS FREE
WWW Wits' End Dog Training Method Manual
Students.

Hey? Will The Puppy Wizard have to be givin
these stock pups massages and swillin beer
dHOWEN their goddamned throats like you
guys do?

> We like make proposal to your dog shelter to sell us dog.

Oh. Does that mean you don't want to buy The Puppy Wizard's
livestock?

> You save money,

No no no. You got a problem for your English. You buyin from
shelters would put us private and commercial breeders HOWETA
business.

> you make money.

No no no no no... MOORE PROBLEMO for you espeaky.

NO MONEY YOU NO BUY PUPPIES.

> We buy all dog, regardless of size or color.

Suppose HOWER shelters and rescues put the
little guy HOWETA business? Then NO MONEY.

> We prefer big, young, strong dog

That's just what The Puppy Wizard got. The Puppy
Wizard will even give the goddamned massage an
beer. But they better share.

> but we take all dog from your dog shelter.

Yeah, but you buy from private and commercial
livestock dealers. Yes?

> We cook dog in America.

Salute America! Salute FREE Enterprise!

> We can dog in America and sell some dog in America in Asian
market place.

Maybe Wynn-Dixie will have some in their gook food corner?

> Lot people in America eat dog.

Whatever turns you on.

> Most dog we ship oversea.

We can feed the world, with or withHOWET feedin dog.
You LIKE dog. Good for you. Strong medicine. Make
Amerikan SICK. Indians eat dog. Not many left.

> Lot people eat dog.

Everybody gotta eat.

> Many country eat dog. Korea, China eat dog, Philippines, Japan,
> Thailand, Cambodia eat dog.

Fine for them.

> Dog is healthy for you.

No. For YOU. NO ME. ME GET SICK ON DOG.

> This way your cost of business is less.

No problem for sell you dog for other to eat.

> You make more money, more people happy.

The Puppy Wizard just wants everyWON to be happy.

> You get cleaner air. No burn up dog. No waste dog.

You got it. Salute EPA!

> People pet no disappear.

Goddamned tootin. NOWON gonna take a FREE
WWW Wits' End Trained dog and not be dog food.

> Everybody happy.

Damned tootin.

> Cause we understand some people no like idea to eat dog.

The Puppy Wizard, for WON. But HE wouldn't throw it
HOWET if HE was served dog at your HOWES.

> But they make trouble for people who like eat dog.

HOWER shelter / rescue DOG LOVERS would prefer to
throw their DEAD DOGS in the garbage, respectfully.

> Those people called two face.

No. They're called MURDERERS.

> Those people eat cow, rabbit and mice, squirrel and frog and
> every thing else,

That's on accHOWENT of they're hypocrites.

> but still give us trouble.

That's part of their SCAM. They look for gross examples
to call everybody's attention to so we'll overlook their
improprieties.

> But dog is good food.

For you and American Indians.

> Dog is good medicine, make sick people strong, make old
> people young, make penis hard, make sex good again.

Could be. But you'll go to jail here abHOWETS for cruelty
if you're doin THAT with your dog. Medecine is O.K., but
that's as far as you can go with your dog...here abHOWETS.

> Our business getting very big. Need more dog. We are
> prepared to offer you ten cents per pound per dog.

That's pretty low. HOWE bout 65 cents a pHOWEND?
Horses bring twice that, but they're considered MOORE
appupriate througHOWET the Whole Wild World to eat.

> We pick up dog every day, so you also save on
> feeding dog. We like very much to speak with
> you and make deal.

We gotta negotiate the price. Let's hope your espeaky
holds HOWET...

> Please tell us how many dog available in your business.

We can get as many dog as you like.

> We have deal already to do same with dog shelter in New Jersey,
> Connecticut and Massachusetts.

Good. You'll do fine but we need to increase price.

> We hope to be eventually in big city cross America.

We got lots of folks who'll enjoy domestic dog.

> You can join us now, save money and continue doing
> your good job.

Well, we been KILLIN DOGS and throwin them
in the goddamned garbage.

> We do big business together.

The DOG LOVERS won't hear of it for less than 65 cents.

> We have big business already with many dog breeder
> and many dog hospital. Dog no suffer, We have quick
> death for dog.

SHOWENDS good. Perhaps you could give some of
HOWER euthanasia technicians some work? Some of
them DO IT FOR FREE.

> Looking to hear from you soon,

LikeWIZE.

> Thank you

Thank YOU. NHOWE The Puppy Wizard won't bitch
abHOWET shelter and rescue folks KILLIN DOGS.

> Kim Yung Soo

With respect, Kim Yung Soo.

> President
> Kea So Joo, Inc.

The Puppy Wizard. <} : ~ ) >

================

> lynn kosmakos (Lithium, Zoloft, bipolar, manic,
> depression) will "put down a biter
> as fast as anyone" yet claims to
> be a saintly dog rescuer
> Lynn K. wrote:
>
> "I used to work the Kill Room as a volunteer in
> one shelter.) But their ability to set their own
> schedules and duties causes a great deal of
> scheduling overhead.
>
> And it takes effort and thought to ensure that
> volunteers get the meaningful experience that
> they work for.
>
> Someone has to be responsible for that
> Volunteer Program, and it is best done
> by a non-volunteer."
>
> Lynn K.
> ---------------------------------
>
> "I worked with one shelter where I bathed and groomed
> every adoptable dog on intake. I frankly felt that the
> effort/benefit equation was not balanced for some of the
> older/ill poodle/terrier mixes we got in badly matted condition.
>
> Should I have refused to groom them?
>
> Or even more pertinent - I was one of the people who
> had to make the euthanasia decisions at that shelter."
>
> Lynn K.
> --------------------------------------

Is that a MENTAL CASE or NOT?

"Lynn K." <javagsd@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> "peejoe" <jennw@gci.net> wrote in message news:
>
> > I love the look of all puppies, but lately I have been
especially

================

From: Lynn Kosmakos (lkosmakos@home.com)
Subject: Re: Questions on rehabilitation was Re: To Dogman
Date: 1999/11/10

Marilyn Rammell wrote:

> It certainly does appear that your world has
> harsher realities - you say that for every 'one'
> dog you take into your program, 'FIVE' others die!!!

The numbers are specific to German Shepherd
Rescue in No. California, which is why they are
so high.

That is not true of the other breed escue I'm
involved with, Border Collies. It's a reflection
both of the downside of a very popular breed,
and how ill-prepared many people are to deal
with an active large dog.

The sad fact is that the shelters are full of
GSDs and we don't have the foster homes
to take them all out of the shelters.

So we limit ourselves to taking those that are
scheduled to be put down, and even then, can
only save some.

> Fear Aggression towards other dogs,
> (and/or people), Separation problems
> and/or phobic behaviours.

The most common profile is a dog between 8
and 18 months old, that was picked up as a stray
and unclaimed, with no evidence of any training.

In our rescue, we don't see any real difference in
the numbers of males vs. females. Separation
anxiety is the norm, largely as a result of the dog's
recent experiences where we get them.

But the real behavior problem are the exception,
rather than the norm.

> Confrontational methods 'to turn a dog around'
> with these dogs would be far from beneficial.

Unfortunately, some confrontation is necessary,
just to be able to handle the dogs. For example,
we need to crate train a dog immediately because
they are usually in need of medical care and they
are in foster homes with other dogs.

It's a safety necessity.

> Can you please explain "spending months building
> the dog from the ground up" What method do you
> use that takes months?

Every dog is different, and their problems are different,
and many take time. We just had a very fearful 4 month
old that we didn't put up for adoption for 6 weeks because
it took that long to build her confidence.

I've got an older foster now - dog aggressive, starved
to the point of muscle loss and food protective, dominant,
an escape artist and roamer, totally untrained.

I'd love to be able to have 4 months to turn him into
the spectacular dog I know he can be. But I don't
have the luxury of that time.

Instead I've had to do what I can in 2 weeks. That
means correcting him for issuing fight challenges
rather than careful desensitization, confronting him
about food protection rather than letting it subside
naturally, and minimal obedience training limited to
housebreaking, cratetraining, allowing himself to be
handled, sit, down, stay, and leash manners.

And carefully placing him in a home I feel can do
the rest that needs to be done. (He goes to that
home on Sunday.)

> I too would like the answers to Anonymous's
> questions (below)

I didn't answer those because I think that Anon.
post was Jerry Howe.

Briefly, I didn't refer to Koehler and didn't mean
Koehler when I used the term "confrontational".

Using compulsion may have been a more accurate
way to put it. It is simply a necessity, rather than a
choice.

For example, the newly neutered dog-aggressive
foster I described above. I'd prefer to give him time
to heal, keep him away from other dogs, then carefully
monitor interactions, positively reinforcing him for non-reaction.

But he had to come into my home, with 2 other dogs,
immediately from the shelter and surgery. A small
enough home that keeping dogs competely separated
is impossible. So I had to do things like put him on a
tiedown as my own dogs moved through the room and
verbally correct him when he challenged them.

Do I think the dog is damaged by it? Not really.
It isn't ideal, but he's alive and will make a decent pet.

Lynn K.

lynn kosmakos (Lithium, Zoloft, bipolar, manic,
depression) will "put down a biter
as fast as anyone" yet claims to
be a saintly dog rescuer

==================

Can you tell the TRUTH from a LIE?:

> > > Jerome Bigge writes:
> > > I do know that hitting, hurting
> > > your dog will often make the
> > > dog either aggressive or a fear
> > > biter, neither of which we want to do.

And then we got, matty! Follow his discussion!
This is what's called, a liar and dog abuser:

> > And neither does anyone else,
> > Jerome. No matter
> > what Jerry Howe states.

"Just Want To Second Jerry's Method For
Dealing With This I've Suggested It To Quite
A Few Clients Now And It's Worked 'EVERY
TIME The Very First Time' - marilyn, Trainer,
33 Years Experience.

You DO remember KILLFILING MARILYN for her coment above
regarding her success with The Puppy Wizard's Surrogate Toy
Separation Anxiety / Bed Time Calming Technique (STSA/BTCT)?

> [...]

> > All of it?
> > Ear pinching?
> > Shock collars?
> > Spiked chokers?
> > The regulars lie more in their denials than
> > Howe does in his accusing of them.
:
> Uh, Frank? Who do you see denying anything?
> Its quite interesting that a newbie like yourself
> would see denials when everyone has Jerry
> killfiled and therefore don't even read his posts,
> let alone respond to them.

"Rocky" <2dogs@rocky-dog.com> wrote in message

> Linda wrote in rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

> > When you compare using sound and
> > praise to solve a problem with using
> > shock collars, hanging, and punishment
> > how can you criticize the use of sound?

> There's nothing more to be said, then.
> You've made up your mind.

> But you've impressed me by mentioning
> that you're a professor with 30 years of

BWWWAWHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!

From: Marshall Dermer (dermer@alpha1.csd.uwm.edu)
r*z@earthlink.net writes:

> [...]

person who, by avoiding situations that
the dog might resent, has nurtured the
seeds of rebellion and then cultivated
the resultant growth with under correction.

When these people reap their inevitable
and oftentimes painful harvest, they are
ready to avail themselves of "the cruel
trainer" whose advice they may have
once rejected because it was incompatible
with the sugary droolings of mealy-
mouthed columnists, breed-ring biddies,
and dog psychologists who, by the
broken skins and broken hearts their
misinformation causes, can be proven guilty
of the greatest act of cruelty to animals
since the dawn of time.

"With more genuine compassion for the
biting dog than would ever be demonstrated
by those who are "too kind" to make a
correction and certainly with more disregard
for his safety, the professional trainer
morally feels obligated to perform a "major

Charles Liu
2004-02-12 02:53:16 EST
b*d@hotmail.com (Buyhard for Tibet) wrote in message news:<a50576c8.0402081021.426b36cf@posting.google.com>...
> In the following article, an Irish Member of the European Parliament
> has suggested that people should boycott Chinese products in protest
> at cat and dog fur products sold in Europe. Animal cruelty is just one
> of many reasons why people around the world are boycotting Chinese
> products.

Is there a buyhard for veal? calves are clubbed and stuffed in crates.

Is there a buyhard for foie gras? ducks are force fed until their
livers are diseased.

Is there a buyhard for European's pegan ritual of horse meat eating?

Is there a buyhard for leather? Cow is more than a pet, it's a Hindu
God.

> If you would like to take part in the boycott, please visit
> htt://www.buyhard.fsnet.co.uk/animalcruelty.htm, and follow the link
> to the action page. Here you will be able to register details of goods
> you put back on the shelf when you realised they were made in China.
> The current total is $360,429.
>
> 28/01/2004 - 5:22:52 PM, Irish Examiner
>
> NI calls for clampdown on cat and dog fur
>
> A leading Ulster Unionist today told the European Commission to "stop
> making lame excuses" for the sale of products made from cat and dog
> fur.
>
> Jim Nicholson called for legislation outlawing the importation and
> sale of figurines, rugs and coats made in China from cat and dog fur.
>
> The Ulster Unionist MEP said from Strasbourg: "DNA tests have shown
> that some rugs, coats and figurines are made from real cat and dog
> fur.
>
> "To the vast majority of people this is nauseating and barbaric but
> unfortunately most are unaware of what exactly they are buying."
>
> Animal welfare groups estimate more than two million cats and dogs are
> killed each year in China for their fur, which is used as trimmings on
> coats and in children's toys.
>
> Earlier today the British government said it was "sympathetic" to a
> ban on the import of domestic cat and dog fur if hard evidence was
> produced.
>
> However Mike O'Brien, a junior trade minister, said only one sample of
> domestic dog fur had been discovered and none from domestic cats.
>

> "Animal welfare groups have rightly raised serious ethical concerns
> about the alleged used of domestic cat and dog fur in the UK," Mr
> O'Brien said.
>
> "Our priority remains the need to establish the facts about the extent
> of this alleged trade, to ensure there is a valid scientific test that
> can identify these furs, and to act in a measured way."
>
> Mr Nicholson urged people in Northern Ireland not to purchase cat and
> dog figurines made with the fur.
>
> "We have sent this declaration to the Commission," the Ulster Unionist
> MEP said.
>
> "Our voices are added to the tens of thousands of citizens who have
> demanded action and the majority of EU agriculture ministers who have
> asked for a ban.
>
> "The European Commission should now listen, stop making lame excuses
> and bring in legislation to ban this vile trade across the EU.
>
> "In the meantime I would urge people here to be vigilant and boycott
> these Chinese products."

Charles Liu
2004-02-12 03:01:11 EST
"Irony Alert" <Driver@StealthTrucks.COM> wrote in message news:<LqBVb.7420$QA2.17126@attbi_s52>...
> "Buyhard for Tibet" <buyhard@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > In the following article, an Irish Member of the European Parliament
> > has suggested that people should boycott Chinese products in protest
> > at cat and dog fur products sold in Europe. Animal cruelty is just one
> > of many reasons why people around the world are boycotting Chinese
> > products. If you would like to take part in the boycott, please visit
> > htt://www.buyhard.fsnet.co.uk/animalcruelty.htm, and follow the link
> > to the action page. Here you will be able to register details of goods
> > you put back on the shelf when you realised they were made in China.
> > The current total is $360,429.
> >
> > 28/01/2004 - 5:22:52 PM, Irish Examiner
> >
> > NI calls for clampdown on cat and dog fur
> >
> > A leading Ulster Unionist today told the European Commission to "stop
> > making lame excuses" for the sale of products made from cat and dog
> > fur.
> >
> > Jim Nicholson called for legislation outlawing the importation and
> > sale of figurines, rugs and coats made in China from cat and dog fur.
> >
> > The Ulster Unionist MEP said from Strasbourg: "DNA tests have shown
> > that some rugs, coats and figurines are made from real cat and dog
> > fur.
> >
> > "To the vast majority of people this is nauseating and barbaric but
> > unfortunately most are unaware of what exactly they are buying."
> >
> > Animal welfare groups estimate more than two million cats and dogs are
> > killed each year in China for their fur, which is used as trimmings on
> > coats and in children's toys.
> >
> > Earlier today the British government said it was "sympathetic" to a
> > ban on the import of domestic cat and dog fur if hard evidence was
> > produced.
> >
> > However Mike O'Brien, a junior trade minister, said only one sample of
> > domestic dog fur had been discovered and none from domestic cats.
> >

> > "Animal welfare groups have rightly raised serious ethical concerns
> > about the alleged used of domestic cat and dog fur in the UK," Mr
> > O'Brien said.
> >
> > "Our priority remains the need to establish the facts about the extent
> > of this alleged trade, to ensure there is a valid scientific test that
> > can identify these furs, and to act in a measured way."
> >
> > Mr Nicholson urged people in Northern Ireland not to purchase cat and
> > dog figurines made with the fur.
> >
> > "We have sent this declaration to the Commission," the Ulster Unionist
> > MEP said.
> >
> > "Our voices are added to the tens of thousands of citizens who have
> > demanded action and the majority of EU agriculture ministers who have
> > asked for a ban.
> >
> > "The European Commission should now listen, stop making lame excuses
> > and bring in legislation to ban this vile trade across the EU.
> >
> > "In the meantime I would urge people here to be vigilant and boycott
> > these Chinese products."
>
> Animal cruelty is a cottage industry in China,

How do you know those dogs and cats were not killed under methods
acceptable within Chinese culture? If you are so self-righteous,
you'all skin other people's God to get leather (cows are sacred Hindu
Gods).

Is there a buyhard for veal? calves are clubbed and stuffed in crates.

Is there a buyhard for foie gras? ducks are force fed until their
livers are diseased.

Is there a buyhard for European's pegan ritual of horse meat eating?

> but then, so is stealing American jobs.

Think again, the CEOs and decision makers who ultimately make the
decision to invest millions overseas and move y'all's jobs, are your
fellow WASP homeboys. 99% of the corporate heads are white. They do it
so they can pat themselves on the back with millions more in
cost-cutting bonus.

It ain't the Chinese' fault that y'all got Benedict Arnald corporate
execs.

> --
>

> The Usenet Irony Alert
> Serving alt.fan.art-bell since 2003
> Roymond Karcrashski is just my sock
>
> Felony case "02-CR-0617 9/1/03: Oregon Department of
> Justice V. Raymond Ronald Karczewski, Defendant.
>
> "The defendant's name is NOT copyrighted."

Irony Alert
2004-02-12 05:55:51 EST
"charles liu" <charles_liu@my-deja.com> wrote in message
> [...]
> > >
> > > Mr Nicholson urged people in Northern Ireland not to purchase cat and
> > > dog figurines made with the fur.
> > >
> > > "We have sent this declaration to the Commission," the Ulster Unionist
> > > MEP said.
> > >
> > > "Our voices are added to the tens of thousands of citizens who have
> > > demanded action and the majority of EU agriculture ministers who have
> > > asked for a ban.
> > >
> > > "The European Commission should now listen, stop making lame excuses
> > > and bring in legislation to ban this vile trade across the EU.
> > >
> > > "In the meantime I would urge people here to be vigilant and boycott
> > > these Chinese products."
> >
> > Animal cruelty is a cottage industry in China,
>
> How do you know those dogs and cats were not killed under methods
> acceptable within Chinese culture? If you are so self-righteous,
> you'all skin other people's God to get leather (cows are sacred Hindu

I don't skin anyone, sport, as a matter of fact, I'm not involved in making
any governmental policy decisions, although there are a few kooks who accuse
me of being a government paid disinformation agent because I disagree with
said kooks.

I forgot to add, that slave wages are also a cottage industry in China.

> > but then, so is stealing American jobs.
>
> Think again, the CEOs and decision makers who ultimately make the
> decision to invest millions overseas and move y'all's jobs, are your
> fellow WASP homeboys. 99% of the corporate heads are white. They do it
> so they can pat themselves on the back with millions more in
> cost-cutting bonus.

That's okay, a revolution is coming and us WASPs are going to plant our
stingers in their fat asses.

> It ain't the Chinese' fault that y'all got Benedict Arnald corporate
> execs.

It is just as much China's fault for allowing korporations in that country
to pay slave wages, as it is our Benedict Arnold's fault for exploiting
them.