Dog Discussion: Dog Pulls Me Down The Street

Dog Pulls Me Down The Street

Ludlow Johnson
2004-02-06 17:58:23 EST
Doggie granpa question.

My daughter rescued a mixed breed spaniel that had been in the
facility for about five months. About 40 lbs and maybe one plus year
old ???

He is an extremely lovable dog. In the house he seems quite content
and tranquil, but when I take him out for his doo-doo walk, he
literally pulls me down the street. (Me 6-2 & 240lbs). Not sure how my
daughter handles him. He has slipped his collar several times and now
we have him in a harness.

I can assume that he has developed issues from his time in the rescue
mission (confinement), but how do you get him to walk instead of run.

Any and all suggestions greatly accepted.

ps.......at least I am getting my exercise..................:-))

The Puppy Wizard
2004-02-07 05:11:15 EST
HOWEDY ludlow,

"Ludlow Johnson" <ludlowjohnson1@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Doggie granpa question.

You been readin HOWER forum?

> My daughter rescued a mixed breed spaniel that
> had been in the facility for about five months. About
> 40 lbs and maybe one plus year old ???

A dog is a dog.

> He is an extremely lovable dog. In the house he
> seems quite content and tranquil, but when I take
> him out for his doo-doo walk, he literally pulls me
> down the street. (Me 6-2 & 240lbs).

Perhaps that's on accHOWENT of you're
slowin him dHOWEN?

> Not sure how my daughter handles him.

She probably keeps up with him.

> He has slipped his collar several times

That's on accHOWEN of someWON was
PULLIN on his collar or he COULDN'T slip it.

> and now we have him in a harness.

That'll relieve some tension on his neck.

> I can assume that he has developed issues
> from his time in the rescue mission (confinement),

No. Dogs don't GET ISSUES from bein kenneled.

> but how do you get him to walk instead of run.

You gotta learn HOWE to handle his lead and
teach him that you're not gonna choke him.

> Any and all suggestions greatly accepted.

You won't be gettin no advice from HOWER
dog lovers unless you know Judo:

"I Dropped The Leash, Threw My Right Arm Over The
Lab's Shoulder, Grabbed Her Opposite Foot With My
Left Hand, Rolled Her On Her Side, Leaned On Her,
Smartly Said "GRRRR!" And Neatly Nipped Her Ear,"
sionnach.

> ps.......at least I am getting my exercise..................:-))

You'd be better off settin dHOWEN and studyin
your FREE copy of The Puppy Wizard's FREE
WWW Wits' End Dog Training Method Manual.

"Greg M. Silverman" <gmsNOSPAM@no.umn.edu> wrote in message

Hey, Mr. Wizard, or Alchemist or whatever your alias
of the day is, have to say that our dog heels much
better than she did. This is after reading and
implementing the bit in your "Wits End" treatise.

And she's a royal nutter (but then again, aren't they all?).
Cheers! Greg--

--------------------

Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 11:33:36 -0500

Okay, I gotta speak up here... We've been using Jerry's
methods with our dog. We had the same problem as the
original poster has with Buzz. One day working with the
family pack exercise and practicing the recall command
with the family and she'll now go out with hubby and
daughter instead of needing me to reassure her or even
refusing to go with anyone but me.

I really urge you, regardless of the negative things you
might hear about Jerry & Wits' End here, to try the method
and *judge the results for yourself*.

Let's see what other areas she's improved in... always
comes when called, not chewing stuff even if we leave
it laying around, "re"housebroken after long shelter stay,
walks perfectly on leash, doesn't try to steal food from
our plates or beg... probably a few more things I'm
forgetting to mention. *(Yeah, the kats lay off the koi
and don't wander. jh).

That's in about a week's time.

Her overall demeanor has changed. When we brought
her home she was very untrusting and ultra-submissive
(except with her area/toys where she was possessive and
nippy).

She had been abused and beaten by previous owners,
then she was in a shelter for months. They (most of them)
wanted to give up and kill her Now she's gained confidence
and trust with us. Last night was another big breakthrough
(in my eyes). She barked! Big deal, she barked just once
when she heard the front door. Great!

Anyway, you'll be told lots of nasty stuff about Jerry or that
the Wits' End manual is culled from other sources. In my
opinion, even if it is, it takes only the good stuff and
leaves out the bad. Works for me.

(And I suppose I gotta say this... I don't know Jerry
personally. I've emailed him and instant messaged him. I have
not bought a "Doggy Do Right". He's offered help for free.)

Ms. Mick Owen Crneckiy
http://www.crneckiy.com & http://tarot.crneckiy.com
E-mail & MSN Messenger: mick@crneckiy.com
AIM & Yahoo!: MickCrneckiy ~ ICQ: 72461227

======================

KrisHur
2004-02-07 07:15:50 EST
I'd sign up for obedience classes right away. In the meantime, try a prong
or head halter, both of these management devices make it impossible to pull.
--
Kristen and
Kali CDX, CGC, TDIA, TT

"Ludlow Johnson" <ludlowjohnson1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Doggie granpa question.
>
> My daughter rescued a mixed breed spaniel that had been in the
> facility for about five months. About 40 lbs and maybe one plus year
> old ???
>
> He is an extremely lovable dog. In the house he seems quite content
> and tranquil, but when I take him out for his doo-doo walk, he
> literally pulls me down the street. (Me 6-2 & 240lbs). Not sure how my
> daughter handles him. He has slipped his collar several times and now
> we have him in a harness.
>
> I can assume that he has developed issues from his time in the rescue
> mission (confinement), but how do you get him to walk instead of run.
>
> Any and all suggestions greatly accepted.
>
> ps.......at least I am getting my exercise..................:-))

Becky
2004-02-07 15:30:13 EST
I have an 80lb. rescue lab mix that is now just under 2 years old.
Listened good off the leash, but as soon as the leash goes on, she'd start
pulling . . . I got one of the head halters that the other responder
suggested - works great and it doesn't restrict the dogs breathing like
traditional chokers or look painful like the prong collar (if used properly,
they work . . . but still). The head harnesses do take a little bit to get
adjusted properly so the dog can't slip out of it. I'm a 5'4" female and
with using the head harness on the dog that pulls and working on basic
obedience with both dogs, I'm able to walk two large breed dogs at the same
time with no problem.
Becky

"Ludlow Johnson" <ludlowjohnson1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Doggie granpa question.
>
> My daughter rescued a mixed breed spaniel that had been in the
> facility for about five months. About 40 lbs and maybe one plus year
> old ???
>
> He is an extremely lovable dog. In the house he seems quite content
> and tranquil, but when I take him out for his doo-doo walk, he
> literally pulls me down the street. (Me 6-2 & 240lbs). Not sure how my
> daughter handles him. He has slipped his collar several times and now
> we have him in a harness.
>
> I can assume that he has developed issues from his time in the rescue
> mission (confinement), but how do you get him to walk instead of run.
>
> Any and all suggestions greatly accepted.
>
> ps.......at least I am getting my exercise..................:-))

Diana
2004-02-08 05:12:34 EST

"KrisHur" <kris_brock@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I'd sign up for obedience classes right away. In the meantime, try a prong
> or head halter, both of these management devices make it impossible to
pull.
> --
> Kristen and
> Kali CDX, CGC, TDIA, TT
> www.kristenandkali.com

Do you have the lupi harness in the US?

http://www.companyofanimals.co.uk/lupi.php - it works very well on Cindy
(who's loose leash training was doing fine till hubby decided that he didn't
have the patience to stop start and she learnt that a sudden thrust forward
on mud could make me move a lot quicker in any direction she chose!)

Diana

The Puppy Wizard
2004-02-08 08:47:44 EST
HOWEDY lush,

"Diana" <diana@dogstuffagain.fslife.co.uk> wrote in message

> "KrisHur" <kris_brock@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
> > I'd sign up for obedience classes right away.

Where they'll be taught HOWE to HURT their dogs
like HOWE janet boss taught nessa to jerk and choke
and punish her dogs till they TURNED ON HER and
piss and shit all over her HOWES like suja's dog Khan
and like HOWE liea altshuller's dog Cubbe learned
HOWE to TURN ON HER JUST LIKE HOWE Gh0st
and kwbrown's dogs TURNED ON THEM and GOT
THEM DEAD.

> > In the meantime,

Perhaps they should just get rid of their dogs
like nessa was fixin to do? THANK LUCK that
paulette (kind2dogs, "too many NO KILL shelters
nolan) was there to offer nessa's dogs a NEW
HOWES.

> > try a prong or head halter,

You mean to HURT their dogs so they'll
TURN ON THEM like the DOG ABUSER'S
dogs above did?

> > both of these management devices

You mean PAIN FEAR FORCE and INTIMIDATION TOOLS.

> > make it impossible to pull.

NO. They make pulling HURT so they try to
ESCAPE HARDER, or TURN ON their ABUSERS.

> > Kristen and

> Do you have the lupi harness in the US?

You mean a kinder gentler PAIN FEAR FORCE
and INTIMIDATION tool, lush.

<snip crap link>

> - it works very well on Cindy

Your own ABUSED dog, lush.

> (who's loose leash training

BWEEEEHAHAHAHHAAAA!!!

> was doing fine

THAT SO, lush?

> till hubby decided that he didn't have the
> patience to stop start

Oh? You mean dr. ian dunbar's INEFFECTIVE
"make like a tree" 'method' for trainin a dog not
to pull?

> and she learnt that a sudden thrust forward

To ESCAPE.

> on mud could make me

Make YOU move, like a TREE, lush? Or did
you mean to say made your DH move like a
tree, lush?

> move a lot quicker in any direction she chose!)

Pretty TOUGH when you can't HOWEtwit the cunning
of the domestic puppy dog even after your own PAL
Master Of Deception blankman TOLD YOU HOWE
she FINALLY trained her dog to heel using her FREE
copy of The Puppy Wizard's FREE WWW Wits' End
Dog Training Method Manual JUST LIKE HOWE all
The Puppy Wizard's FREE WWW Wits' End Dog
Training Method Manual Student's REPORT.

You know lush, the WONS YOU CALL LIARS
and PAID SHILLS and FORGERIES by The
Puppy Wizard.

> Diana

Too bad YOUR PAL Master Of Deception blankman
didn't continue PLAGIARIZING The Puppy Wizard's
METHOD, cause it WORKED LIKE FREAKIN MAGICK
for her just like HOWE it does for The Puppy Wizard's
FREE WWW Wits' End Dog Training Method Manual
Students:

[...]

=========

You're a proven mental case, liar, and dog abuser
lush. THAT'S HOWE COME you can't post here
abHOWETS nogoddamned MOORE.

The Goddamned Puppy Wizard. <{}; ~ ) >

Here's a couple MOORE DEAD DOG OWNERS:

<"Terri"@cyberhighway

> Hey, do like me, and killfile Jerry.
> He has millions of people aleady reading his posts and
> watching him extract his soggy foot out of his mouth!
> Out of these MILLIONS, I've only seen 2 naive childs
> come forward and actually believe in his training manual.

Robert Crim writes:

I assume that I and my wife are those two naive childs since
I freely admit to having read and, I hope, understood enough
of the manual and it's counterparts by John Fisher and the
posts of Marylin Rammell to believe and use it. This naive
child would like to say thank you to both Jerry and Marylin
for putting up with a constant barrage of really infantile
crap at the hands of supposedly adult dog lovers.

The other naive child (LSW) has to put up with the nagging
idea that if people like them had been posting earlier, maybe
we would not have had to hold the head of a really
magnificent animal in our arms while he was given the
needle and having to hug him and wait until he gasped
his last gasp.

To my mind, "naive" is believing you can terrorize a dog into
good behavior. Naive is believing that people that hide
behind fake names are more honest than people that use
their real names. Naive is thinking that dilettante dog
breeders and amateur "trainers" like Joey (lyingdogDUMMY,
j.h.) are the equal or better than those that have studied and
lived by their craft for decades.

"Stupid" is believing that people do not see kindergarten
level insults for what they are. Really stupid is believing
that people like Jerry Howe and Marylin Rammell are going to
just go away because you people act like fools. Why do you
act like fools? I really have no idea, and I don't really
care.

> And, to date: I've not seen ONE come forward and actually
> admit to buying and having success with his little black
> box.

I think I'm going to get one myself for Father's day and take
it down to the Animal Shelter for their use and testing. You
would never believe the results, so you'll never know.

> Anyone by now that doesn't see a scam man coming by
> Jerry's posts deserves to get what is sure to be coming to
> him! LOL!

I don't see a "scam man", so I guess I and Longsuffering
Wife and Rollei will just have to get what we deserve, eh?
As Joey (Dogman) says, "poor Rollei.".......right.

>Terri

Yes it was, and that is sad.

Robert, Longsuffering Wife and Rollei (do I get to listen to
the box first?)

Hello People,

Robert Crim was a former Gang Of Thugs Member, and
hated me a much as the rest of our Thugs do. Robert was a
long time friend and prominent contributor to rpdb, till Jerry
came along and smartened him up. He learned the hard
way, and no longer posts to his former pals, because it is
just too painful knowing his pals would rather HURT and
KILL their dogs than to admit that JERRY is RIGHT.

"misty" <Momisty@webtv.net wrote in message
16990-3CAB1F8C-1@storefull-2293.public.lawson.webtv.net...

I don't now whether Peach is dead or alive. I do know she's
not here with us. I really can't blame anyone here for her
loss.

I'm the one who ignored your advice. I did it because of how
you write/wrote. I was unwilling to accept the idea that my
using a shock collar could have any bearing on Peach not
wanting to stay home. Up until I started using it my main
concern had been keeping my dogs in their own yard.

Once I started using the e-fence... well, then my concern
became how to keep them from running off for days on end.

I lost valuable training time becoming embroiled in the anti-
shock debate and the "Jerry sux" tirades.

I lost one dog but I have the bestest dog in the world now
<g A Wits End Trained dog, one who is completely housetrained,
doesn't chew up stuff, stays in the yard, and doesn't bark all
the time. IOW a great companion and friend.

Thanks Jerry!

=====================

> We just installed a PetSafe brand fence this Spring. Two
> dogs, two collars We now have one dog and no collars.
> Peach and Zelda would run thru the fence, not want to come
> back in the yard and would run for days. The last time,
> Peach didn't come back home.
>
> I used the Wit's End Training Manual to learn how to train
> my dog. She is now border trained. A few minutes each day
> reinforces her desire to stay in the yard.
>
> She no longer runs out into the road, I can stop her from
> chasing cats and she no longer cringes when we walk
> around the yard.
>
> I can not say loud or long enough how much I hate the
> e-fence and its collars. If you can't get a regular fence
> then you need to train your dog. I will never rely on an
> electronic collar to keep my dog in our yard again.
>
> The price was too high:-(
>
> ~misty

--------------------------------

The Puppy Wizard
2004-02-08 09:12:07 EST
HOWEDY Becky,

"Becky" <bwarn@woh.rr.com> wrote in message

> I have an 80lb. rescue lab mix that is now just
> under 2 years old. Listened good off the leash,
> but as soon as the leash goes on, she'd start
> pulling . . .

No. YOU restrict the dog and YOU CAUSE the pulling.
by triggering positive THUGmotaxis, the opposition
reflex. THAT'S on accHOWENT of you don't know
HOWE to handle the lead withHOWET forcibly
restraining your dog to CAUSE her to pull.

> I got one of the head halters that the other responder
> suggested -

You mean krisHURT. She's a liar and dog abuser, Becky.

> works great

INDEED. It works GREAT if your dog has been
ABUSED on a collar. It DOESN'T work AT ALL
HOWEver, if you're restraining the dog on it.

> and it doesn't restrict the dogs breathing like
> traditional chokers

You mean it doesn't CHOKE the dog. But it DOES
twist the head and neck. The INSTRUCTIONS from
the manufacturer sez to put the length of the lead
under the dog's front leg so you can throw IT ass
over bucket when IT pulls.

The GL head halter is likeWIZE, a PAIN FEAR FORCE
and INTIMIDATION TOOL for INCOMPETENT DOG
ABUSING PUNK THUG COWARDS.

> or look painful like the prong collar

Right. The only LOOK like a midevil torture device.
HOWEver when USED PUPPERLY by a lying dog
abusing punk thug coward MENTAL CASE, they
DON'T HURT, they just LOOK like they do...

> (if used properly,

There AIN'T NO WAY no HOWE to PUPPERLY
HURT a dog, becky. Looks like you're either a
liar or a dog abser. WHICH IS IT? Are you a
LIAR OR a DOG ABUSER, becky? Better pick
WON, cause EITHER of them are the ONLY
ALTERNATIVE to being a goddamned MENTAL
CASE. So, are you LYIN or CRAZY, becky?

> they work . . .

NO. They make dogs HYPERACTIVE and AGGRESSIVE.

> but still).

ALWAYS, becky. You CANNOT HURT and INTIMIDATE
a dog and EXXXPECT IT to BE NORMAL. Not unless
you're a MENTAL CASE cause even a liar and dog abuser
KNOWS what they're DOIN.

> The head harnesses do take a little bit to get
> adjusted properly so the dog can't slip out of it.

If your dog is trying to "slip HOWETA it" it's on
accHOWENT of you're ABUSING HIM with it, becky.

> I'm a 5'4" female

BWEEEEAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!

You mean that you're not BIG ENOUGH to HURT
your dog ENOUGH to FORCE CONTROL? Or do
you mean you're a nasty psychotic bitch?

> and with using the head harness

To FORCE CONTROL.

> on the dog that pulls

TO ESCAPE PAIN FORCE and INTIMIDATION.

> and working on basic obedience with both dogs,

If you was WORKIN on BASIC OBEDIENCE you
wouldn't be HURTING FORCING and INTIMIDATIN
your dog you'd be TRAININ IT not to WANT to ESCAPE
your PAIN FEAR FORCE and INTIMIDATION.

Wouldn't you.

> I'm able to walk two large breed dogs at the same
> time with no problem.

NO PROBLEM for YOU caues you're EITHER a liar,
a dog abuser, or a MENTAL CASE.

> Becky

"Greg M. Silverman" <gmsNOSPAM@no.umn.edu> wrote in message

Hey, Mr. Wizard, or Alchemist or whatever your alias
of the day is, have to say that our dog heels much
better than she did. This is after reading and
implementing the bit in your "Wits End" treatise.

And she's a royal nutter (but then again, aren't they all?).
Cheers! Greg--

--------------------

When I talked to you on the phone to order to machine
for daughter's new pup, I told you that I had an older
Chessie. I rescued him at 9 years old and have had
him for 3 years.

It's funny, but I thought I'd try some of your book
training with him. Where I used to say "come" and
then say "good boy" when he obeyed, I have reversed
it with a "good boy" first.

It really does work.

He was very confused at first, wondering what he
had done to get the praise.

But it really gets the attention and distracts him from
whatever he may have going through his brain when
he hears it.

Dogs are funny, but people are too. Can't wait to get
the Doggy do Right, etc.

Thanks,

=========

The Puppy Wizard
2004-02-08 09:15:08 EST
HOWEDY krisHURT,

"KrisHur" <kris_brock@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> I'd sign up for obedience classes right away.

Like you did to learn HOWE to jerk and choke
and shock your dog, krisHURT?

> In the meantime, try a prong or head halter,

To teach your dog to FEAR and HATE you?

> both of these management devices

What you need for MANAGMENT is a STRAIGHT JACKET.

> make it impossible to pull.

NO. They make it PAINFUL to pull.

THAT'S HOWE COME YOU GOTTA SHOCK YOUR DOG.

And THAT'S HOWE COME we GET DEAD DOGS
here abHOWETS.

> Kristen and

"Greg M. Silverman" <gmsNOSPAM@no.umn.edu> wrote in message

Hey, Mr. Wizard, or Alchemist or whatever your alias
of the day is, have to say that our dog heels much
better than she did. This is after reading and
implementing the bit in your "Wits End" treatise.

And she's a royal nutter (but then again, aren't they all?).
Cheers! Greg--

--------------------

When I talked to you on the phone to order to machine
for daughter's new pup, I told you that I had an older
Chessie. I rescued him at 9 years old and have had
him for 3 years.

It's funny, but I thought I'd try some of your book
training with him. Where I used to say "come" and
then say "good boy" when he obeyed, I have reversed
it with a "good boy" first.

It really does work.

He was very confused at first, wondering what he
had done to get the praise.

But it really gets the attention and distracts him from
whatever he may have going through his brain when
he hears it.

Dogs are funny, but people are too. Can't wait to get
the Doggy do Right, etc.

Thanks,

=========

The Puppy Wizard
2004-02-08 11:44:37 EST
HOWEDY ludlow,

"Ludlow Johnson" <ludlowjohnson1@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Doggie granpa question.

Well here's a doggie granpa answer from
HOWER MENTALLY ILL EXXXPERTS FILES:

"Paul B" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message

> "shaper" <nomail@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>
> > I have been reading these forums for a few weeks
> > now, and am getting really confused!!
> > but is there actually anyone who has used the
> > methods in this manual with any success ?

100% TOTAL NON PHYSICAL CONTROL, NEARLY
INSTANTLY, BY NEARLY EVERY FREE WWW Wits'
End Dog Training Method Manual Student.

It's the GENTLEST, FASTEST, MOST EFFECTIVE,
NON FORCE, NON CONFRONTATIONAL, NON BRIBE, SCIENTIFIC and
PSYCHOLOGICAL technique in the
Whole Wild World, BAR NONE.

> > I am wanting to get a rhodesian ridgeback soon
> > and really would like to know the best and most
> > effective way of training without using food treats
> > or violence (i do agree with what the guy says
> > about food treats and violence)
> > Thanks for any intelligent replies
>
> I have tried his methods and found them extremely
> effective. There are several areas in particular I
> found useful.
>
> He teaches you and the dog to pay attention to each
> other all the time. He teaches you to have such good
> communication with your dog you don't need leash
> corrections or shock collars or even food, you can get
> the dogs attention any time you like by calling it or with
> a snap of your fingers.
>
> When I trained both my dogs to "heel" or walk close
> to me I ended up going to the parks and teaching
> them without a lead at all, that ensured I had to use
> good communication and was unable to be tempted
> to use the lead to correct them.
>
> Another part of the training I agree with is not using
> the "policeman" approach, where you tell a dog "no"
> or react with it in such a way that you become involved
> in the behaviour (by trying to stop it), this approach
> often results in a dog ceasing the behaviour when you
> are about but doing it when you aren't (bin raiding,
> counter surfing etc).
>
> Basically you are taught to make your dog a good
> friend who likes and wants to work for you for the
> pleasure of working for you (setting the hierarchy
> is included in this), teach it to recall reliably,
> then to do everything else (sit, stay down etc etc).
>
> Unwanted behaviours are addressed as they occur.
> If you understand what you are trying to achieve and
> are prepared to work with it you can get great results.
>
> Paul

===============================

"Hennie van Dalen" <h.vandalen11***removethis***@chello.nl>
wrote in message news:TlsCb.2895$7U1.7896@amstwist00...

RTFM is age-old computer lingo.... It stands for "Read The
F***ing Manual" ;-) I used the manual and it works very good!

But it is a long text to read (76 pages printed on A4-size
paper) My lab is 1year old now, and teaching him something
new takes about 30minutes (depending on what to teach offcourse)

My other dog (a 7year old staffordshire terrier-mix) is a bit
slower in learning, but he is used to me calling him a "bad
dog"whenever he did something i didn't want him to do, or
it might be the age.

Sometimes it looks like Sam (the lab) WANTS to learn
something new: he wants me to bring along the can
filled with washers whenever we go for a walk. It is a
very "humane" way of teaching: the dog is allways a
"good dog", and never a "bad dog"

There is nu punishment or prong-collars involved.

For a fact i tought him to heel in 15min's without
beeing on a leach at-all !!! When he spotted a dog,
he used to run towards it, but now i tought him to "ask
permission" first, and to my surprise it worked!

My dogs never went to puppy-training (lucky for them),
maybe this helped too.

Manual can be found at http://www.doggydoright.com/id3.html

-- Hennie van Dalen www.chello.nl/~h.vandalen11
www.chello.nl/~h.vandalen11/fotografie/doggy-pictures/

"The Puppy Wizard" <ThePuppyWizard@earthlink.net>
schreef inbericht

> You'll get ALL the INFORMATION you need in your
> FREE copy of The Puppy Wizard's FREE WWW
> Wits' End Dog Training Method Manual. You'll be
> taught some general exercises to calm and relax
> your dog and give him the direct attention he
> NEEDS in only a few minutes every other day, and
> you'll learn HOWE to use distraction and praise to
> EXXXTINGUISH the HABITUAL aspect of this DIS-EASE.

My dog (a 1 year old Yellow Lab) was biting his tail
at the root (Vet said his anal gland was blocked, and
was causing an itch).

After squeezing it, he still wouldn't stop biting his
tail. The vet advised a neck-funnel (don't know wat
you US-guy's call those) so he couldn't reach his butt.

I hate those things, i think they will drive a dog nuts.

I tried the wits end method. (difficult to read such a long
textfile if English is not your native language) Luckily this
is without all the "HOWE's" etc.so at least it's readable for
somebody like me.

The minute he started to bite i trew my key's
next to him on the floor, and praised him (he
stopped biting and looked up when he heard
the sound) I did this 7 times,

after that the tailbiting completely stopped.
Just give the wits end method a try.

One of the possible downloadlocations
is http://www.doggydoright.com/id3.html

Hennie van Dalen