Dog Discussion: Looking For Indoor Dog

Looking For Indoor Dog

Tenplay
2004-02-02 18:49:25 EST
My wife and I will be retiring soon and moving into a condo. We are
interested in getting a dog that does well indoors. We prefer that it
doesn't shed much and is a calmer breed that won't bark a lot and bother the
neighbors. Thanks for any advice or recommendations.

L Alpert
2004-02-02 21:43:54 EST
tenplay wrote:
> My wife and I will be retiring soon and moving into a condo. We are
> interested in getting a dog that does well indoors. We prefer that it
> doesn't shed much and is a calmer breed that won't bark a lot and
> bother the neighbors. Thanks for any advice or recommendations.

With all kidding aside, the Pit Bull is a very docile animal and is great
indoors and with people (as long as they have enough "chew" toys).

Very short hair and doesn't shed much at all.

<not meant to start a "flame war" about Pit Bulls>

ZPL
2004-02-02 22:33:29 EST
As far as smaller dogs go, I am partial to the "bulldogs" as well.

French bulldogs are good house dogs. And, even though not a "real" bulldog,
so are pugs. The Boston Terriers are barkers. So are Yorkies. Most
terriers are in fact.

"L Alpert" <alpertl@xxcomcast.net> wrote in message
> tenplay wrote:
> > My wife and I will be retiring soon and moving into a condo. We are
> > interested in getting a dog that does well indoors. We prefer that it
> > doesn't shed much and is a calmer breed that won't bark a lot and
> > bother the neighbors. Thanks for any advice or recommendations.
>
> With all kidding aside, the Pit Bull is a very docile animal and is great
> indoors and with people (as long as they have enough "chew" toys).
>
> Very short hair and doesn't shed much at all.
>
> <not meant to start a "flame war" about Pit Bulls>

Me And Bobby Mcgee
2004-02-02 23:28:19 EST
The breed you're looking for is called a Cat. :)

"tenplay" <kanryo@juno.com> wrote in message
> My wife and I will be retiring soon and moving into a condo. We are
> interested in getting a dog that does well indoors. We prefer that it
> doesn't shed much and is a calmer breed that won't bark a lot and bother
the
> neighbors. Thanks for any advice or recommendations.

The Puppy Wizard
2004-02-03 00:03:26 EST
A dog is a dog, zpl.

Dogs bark cause there's sumpthin WRONG.

"ZPL" <ZPL@cox.net> wrote in message
> As far as smaller dogs go, I am partial to the "bulldogs" as
well.

> French bulldogs are good house dogs. And, even though not a
"real" bulldog,
> so are pugs. The Boston Terriers are barkers. So are Yorkies.
Most
> terriers are in fact.
>
> "L Alpert" <alpertl@xxcomcast.net> wrote in message
> > tenplay wrote:
> > > My wife and I will be retiring soon and moving into a condo.
We are
> > > interested in getting a dog that does well indoors. We
prefer that it
> > > doesn't shed much and is a calmer breed that won't bark a
lot and
> > > bother the neighbors. Thanks for any advice or
recommendations.

> > With all kidding aside, the Pit Bull is a very docile animal
and is great
> > indoors and with people (as long as they have enough "chew"
toys).

> > Very short hair and doesn't shed much at all.
> >
> > <not meant to start a "flame war" about Pit Bulls>

Michael A. Ball
2004-02-03 08:57:29 EST
On Tue, 03 Feb 2004 04:28:19 GMT, "me and bobby mcgee"
<*w@fishing.net> wrote:

>The breed you're looking for is called a Cat. :)

Of course, and when you see what a mistake you've made, you can always
eat it, or feed to the local wildlife.

Michael
Four boxes protect our freedom: the soap box, the
ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Michael A. Ball
2004-02-03 09:13:12 EST
On Tue, 03 Feb 2004 02:43:54 GMT, "L Alpert" <alpertl@xxcomcast.net>
wrote:

>With all kidding aside, the Pit Bull is a very docile animal and is great
>indoors and with people (as long as they have enough "chew" toys).
>
>Very short hair and doesn't shed much at all.
>
><not meant to start a "flame war" about Pit Bulls>

"Flame war"? HA! I say, bring it on! Make my day. There is no anti-PB
argument that can't be shredded by hard facts.

Your description is accurate; and their full list of attributes is even
longer. Before meeting some PB at the animal shelter, I had no idea
how great they are. Most of their owners don't deserve to have them!

Michael
Four boxes protect our freedom: the soap box, the
ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Michael A. Ball
2004-02-03 09:18:55 EST
On Mon, 02 Feb 2004 23:49:25 GMT, "tenplay" <kanryo@juno.com> wrote:

>[...]Thanks for any advice or recommendations.

Smooth coated Chow Chows shed very little and are very quiet at all of
the right times; not to mention housebroken almost immediately. They are
not as pretty as rough coated Chow Chows, IMO, but I think they are one
of the suitable breeds.

Michael
Four boxes protect our freedom: the soap box, the
ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Gwen Watson
2004-02-03 09:24:30 EST

me and bobby mcgee wrote:

> The breed you're looking for is called a Cat. :)

Cats don't shed? Someone needs to tell my cats
that!

Gwen

The Puppy Wizard
2004-02-03 13:24:50 EST
HOWEDY mikey,

Of curse that DEAD PUPPY Symphony YOU MURDERED woulda made a good
indoor pet.