Dog Discussion: My Apologies

My Apologies

Bob Holland
2004-01-29 02:48:49 EST
Hi,

I recently posted some pictures to this NG and hadn't realised it was a
text only group. Please accept my apologies for this and my assurances that
I will not attempt to do so again (I am only just beginning to understand
the differences between text and binary).

I am an animal and wildlife artist and would very much appreciate people
visiting my website - not necessarily to buy anything but, instead, to
comment and give me feedback.

http://homepages.tesco.net/bob.holland/index.htm

Thank you for reading this.

Bob

Pat
2004-01-29 08:19:53 EST
Hi,
I think the German Shepherd has been caught as a GSD should.
Most people do not get them quite right whether a picture/painting or
figure.
I also love those beautiful cats.
Pat.

"Bob Holland" <bob.holland@tesco.net> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I recently posted some pictures to this NG and hadn't realised it was a
> text only group. Please accept my apologies for this and my assurances
that
> I will not attempt to do so again (I am only just beginning to understand
> the differences between text and binary).
>
> I am an animal and wildlife artist and would very much appreciate people
> visiting my website - not necessarily to buy anything but, instead, to
> comment and give me feedback.
>
> http://homepages.tesco.net/bob.holland/index.htm
>
> Thank you for reading this.
>
> Bob

News==----
Newsgroups
=---

Sew Like Crazy
2004-01-29 09:53:06 EST
No big deal. We like pictures here but sometimes they don't show up. You do
really good work. I looked at it when you posted the link, but I thought it
was an advertisement and not a "real" person. We get those sometimes here.
If you were to paint some Pitbull pictures I'm sure we would be really
interested in that!!!!! Oh I see that your post has been crossposted to more
than our group.
"Bob Holland" <bob.holland@tesco.net> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I recently posted some pictures to this NG and hadn't realised it was a
> text only group. Please accept my apologies for this and my assurances
that
> I will not attempt to do so again (I am only just beginning to understand
> the differences between text and binary).
>
> I am an animal and wildlife artist and would very much appreciate people
> visiting my website - not necessarily to buy anything but, instead, to
> comment and give me feedback.
>
> http://homepages.tesco.net/bob.holland/index.htm
>
> Thank you for reading this.
>
> Bob

News==----
Newsgroups
=---

Jokerpit
2004-01-29 10:55:22 EST
keep up the good work Bob... all looks great......I am a artist also and was
impressed by your work....
"Bob Holland" <bob.holland@tesco.net> wrote in message
Hi,

I recently posted some pictures to this NG and hadn't realised it was a
text only group. Please accept my apologies for this and my assurances
that
I will not attempt to do so again (I am only just beginning to understand
the differences between text and binary).

I am an animal and wildlife artist and would very much appreciate people
visiting my website - not necessarily to buy anything but, instead, to
comment and give me feedback.

http://homepages.tesco.net/bob.holland/index.htm

Thank you for reading this.

Bob

News==----
http://www.newsfeed.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000
Newsgroups
=---

ZPL
2004-01-29 11:21:36 EST
I'd much rather see these type of photos/links than "Brittany Spears Naked".

"Bob Holland" <bob.holland@tesco.net> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I recently posted some pictures to this NG and hadn't realised it was a
> text only group. Please accept my apologies for this and my assurances
that
> I will not attempt to do so again (I am only just beginning to understand
> the differences between text and binary).
>
> I am an animal and wildlife artist and would very much appreciate people
> visiting my website - not necessarily to buy anything but, instead, to
> comment and give me feedback.
>
> http://homepages.tesco.net/bob.holland/index.htm
>
> Thank you for reading this.
>
> Bob

News==----
Newsgroups
=---

Melinda Shore
2004-01-29 11:23:37 EST
In article <0paSb.2333$ay1.188@okepread05>, ZPL <ZPL@cox.net> wrote:
>I'd much rather see these type of photos/links than "Brittany Spears Naked".

I'd rather see neither. This is a newsgroup (discussion
forum), not the local Pennysaver.
--
Melinda Shore - Software longa, hardware brevis - shore@panix.com

Estimated average salary of jobs created 2004-2005: $35,855
Average salary of jobs lost 2001-2003: $43,629

T*@dog-play.com
2004-01-29 12:04:52 EST
In rec.pets.dogs.breeds Sew Like Crazy <Sews64@hotmail.com> wrote:
> No big deal. We like pictures here but sometimes they don't show up. You do
<snip>

No "we" don't like pictures "here". YOU may like pictures but posting
binaries in a text group is not good. If this group gets designated as a
binaries group instead of text group many servers will stop carrying it
and others will expire posts in 24 hours instead of 2 weeks. And the
reason they may not show up is because the news provider strips them.
Graphics files take 10 to 1000 times the space of text.

Pictures should be posted to either a binaries group (which many services
don't carry because of the excess load) or a web page.

Diane Blackman

The Puppy Wizard
2004-01-29 15:28:35 EST
HOWEDY Master Of Deception blankman,

Perhaps you shouldn't post here noMOORE
insetad of COMPLAININ abHOWET STUFF
YOU can't MONEY OFF OF?

You jerk and choke your dogs on pronged
spiked pinch choke collars and shock and
spray aversives in their faces and beat them
in the face with your shepherd's crook... and
COMPLAIN that a critter artist is postin STUFF
that most everyWON PREFERS to ENJOY when
they're not HURTIN their dogs.

NHOWE get the HEEL HOWETA The Puppy
Wizard's FREE WWW Wits' End Dog Training
Method Forum.

The Puppy Wizard. <{} ; ~ ) >

<*E@dog-play.com> wrote in message
> In rec.pets.dogs.breeds Sew Like Crazy <Sews64@hotmail.com>
wrote:
> > No big deal. We like pictures here but sometimes they don't
show up. You do
> <snip>
>
> No "we" don't like pictures "here". YOU may like pictures but
posting
> binaries in a text group is not good. If this group gets
designated as a
> binaries group instead of text group many servers will stop
carrying it
> and others will expire posts in 24 hours instead of 2 weeks.
And the
> reason they may not show up is because the news provider strips
them.
> Graphics files take 10 to 1000 times the space of text.
>
> Pictures should be posted to either a binaries group (which many
services
> don't carry because of the excess load) or a web page.
>

> Diane Blackman

Alan Carter
2004-01-29 16:14:38 EST
Hell, you can see Brittany Spears naked anytime. It's not very often you get
to see paintings of this calibre.

"ZPL" <ZPL@cox.net> wrote in message news:0paSb.2333$ay1.188@okepread05...
> I'd much rather see these type of photos/links than "Brittany Spears
Naked".

> "Bob Holland" <bob.holland@tesco.net> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I recently posted some pictures to this NG and hadn't realised it was a
> > text only group. Please accept my apologies for this and my assurances
> that
> > I will not attempt to do so again (I am only just beginning to
understand
> > the differences between text and binary).
> >
> > I am an animal and wildlife artist and would very much appreciate people
> > visiting my website - not necessarily to buy anything but, instead, to
> > comment and give me feedback.
> >
> > http://homepages.tesco.net/bob.holland/index.htm
> >
> > Thank you for reading this.
> >
> > Bob

> News==----
> > http://www.newsfeed.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000
> Newsgroups
> > ---= 19 East/West-Coast Specialized Servers - Total Privacy via
Encryption
> =---

The Puppy Wizard
2004-01-29 17:56:13 EST
HOWEDY Bob,

"Bob Holland" <bob.holland@tesco.net> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I recently posted some pictures to this NG

INDEEDY! Thank you. The Puppy Wizard appreciates
your consideration.

http://homepages.tesco.net/bob.holland/index.htm

> and hadn't realised it was a text only group.

No problem, Bob. The Puppy Wizard is willin to
SHARE usenet resources with all dog lovers.

> Please accept my apologies for this

Oh? Seems you've been harassed by some of
HOWER Gang Of Lying Dog Abusing PunkThug
Coward Active INCURABLE MENTAL CASES.

> and my assurances that I will not attempt to do so again

Please keep posting your excellent work, Bob,
it's MOORE like a breath of fresh air from all
the liars and dog abusers we got here HURTIN
and KILLIN dogs.

> (I am only just beginning to understand
> the differences between text and binary).

The Puppy Wizard sez you're being mistreated
by some miserable jealHOWES lying dog abusing
MENTAL CASES who don't have the intellect to
HOWEtwit the cunning of the domestic puppy dog.

> I am an animal and wildlife artist and would very
> much appreciate people visiting my website -

You should be very careful abHOWET the folks
you invite. We've got some very disturbed dog
abusers posting here abHOWETS.

> not necessarily to buy anything but, instead, to
> comment and give me feedback.

The OVERWHELMING MAJORITY of HOWER
dog lovers are fond of your work, Bob. Please
feel free to share ANY of your inspirational images
here abHOWETS on The Puppy Wizard's FREE
WWW Wits' End Dog Training Method Forums.

> http://homepages.tesco.net/bob.holland/index.htm

> Thank you for reading this.

The Puppy Wizard appreciates your HOWEspitality.

> Bob

HOWEDY shannyB,

"shannyB" <sks962@aol.com> wrote in message
..

> I have a 6wk old chihuahua/pomeranian mix I got
> 5 days ago. 80% of the time when you pick her up
> she will GROWL at you and even show her teeth!

"That's Why We Try To Almost Always Use Positive Reinforcement
Rather Than Punishement." professor
lying doc SCRUFF SHAKE And SCREAM 'NO!' Into
Its Face For 5 Seconds dermer

> Sometimes if she is lying there and you pet her
> she'll start growling.

Oh? That's EZ to fix! Here's HOWER professor
SCRUFF SHAKE from the department of ANAL-
ytic behaviorISM at UofWI:

From: Marshall Dermer (dermer@alpha1.csd.uwm.edu)
Subject: Re: new puppy bitting/chewing hands
Date: 1999/07/05

At this point, "No" does not have any behavioral function.

But, if you say "No," pick up the puppy by its neck and
shake it a bit, and the frequency of the biting decreases
then you will have achieved too things.

First, the frequency of unwanted chewing
has decreased; and two, you have established
"No" as a conditioned punisher.

How much neck pulling and shaking? Just the
minimum necessary to decrease the unwanted biting.

When our dog was a puppy, "No" came before mild
forms of punishment (I would hold my dog's mouth
closed for a few seconds.) whereas "Bad Dog" came
before stronger punishement (the kind discussed above).

My dog is about 1.5 years old. "No" is usually sufficient
but sometimes I use "Bad Dog" to stop a behavior.

"Bad Dog" ALWAYS works.

I then, of course, quickly say "Good Dog" when he is
appropriately behaving.

In providing verbal punishment and reinforcement as
in using nonverbal punishement and reinforcement,
timing is very important.

Use these consquences to control behavior much
as in the game where a child is told "your getting hot"
or "your getting cold." If the delay between the behavior
and the consquence is too long then the behavior will
not appropriately change.

--Marshall

> I have children 15, 12, 8.

You can use the same method on them.

> Im afraid she'll be an aggressive dog.

You've just gotta teach IT a little RESPECT.

"BAD DOG ALWAYS WORKS."

> I have checked her all over to make sure she is not
> injured in any way and she seems to be fine. what
> do i do?

Perhaps you need some puppy raisting tips?

> I have tried grabing her by the nap of the neck and
> giving her a little shack

Good. Follow the professors INSTRUCTIONS.

> and the makes thing worse.

"BAD DOG ALWAYS WORKS."

> so now we are at looking her in the face and
> frimly saying no!!

Are you doin that for five seconds and lockin IT
in a box for ten minutes contemplation?

> Help! what do i do??

NO PROBLEMO! Here's some puppy
training tips from HOWER own renHOWEND
lying frosty dahl, ETHICKAL Labradora dog
breeder and EXXXPERT TRAINER:

Borrowed from: "Puppy Raising Tips" from
professional trainers, John and Amy Dahl.

"Around four months many puppies can withstand a
correction. Unfortunately this is the time they start
teething and if their mouth hurts, they may act
generally sensitive. If this is the case, be patient and
wait for all those baby teeth to fall out.

In training, retrievers often respond to physical correction
better than verbal correction. While "NO!" is extremely
useful if puppy is about to bite an electrical cord or steal
food off the table, when you are teaching them something
(like obedience) a sharp jerk on their lead or swat with a
stick gets the message across with less emotion and less
effect on their confidence.

If they drop the dummy and act like their mouth hurts
when they are teething, stop all retrieving and wait for
their mouth to feel better. A correction should be just
severe enough to get the dog to respond.

Repeated weak corrections are very stressful to the dog."

END lyingfrosty dahl

If you are interested in purchasing a dignified stick to
lay across you puppy's arse, just send a personal check
or money order in the amount of $30-$40 for a 30"-40"
long whuppin stick.

These all natural hickory switches will outlast an
entire litter of puppies! MAYBE MOORE!! Supplies
limited, so HURRY! Be the first in your club to have
the hickory switch training aid guaranteed for the life
of your dog (which may be much shorter than nature
intended!).

Ask yourself: "HOWE COME DOESN'T JERRY
HURT DOGS TO TRAIN THEM?"

And then just answer: "On AccHOWENT Of
JERRY KNOWS HOWE TO TRAIN DOGS
WITHOUT HURTING THEM."

And THEN SAY OUT LHOWED: "IGNORE
JERRY, HE'S MEAN TO DOG ABUSERS."

You can get all the information you need to
PUPPERLY handle and train your dog using
non force, non confrontational, scientific and
psychological methods, in your FREE copy
of The Puppy Wizard's FREE WWW Wits'
End Dog Training Method Manual.

Psychoclown wrote:

"Nope. That "beating dogs with sticks" things is something
you twisted out of context, because you are full of bizarro
manure."

Amy lyingfrosty dahl LIES with a straight face and says:

"I don't beat dogs, twist ears, or pinch toes. For the benefit
of anyone who is in doubt, and who chooses not to read the
article (SHE'D REALLY LIKE IT IF YOU DON'T READ IT!),
there is NO mention in it of twisting ears (INDEED, SHE
PINCHES THEM WITH SPIKES).

I would never slap a dog (SHE TEACHES PEOPLE TO
BEAT DOGS WITH STICKS TO MOTIVATE THEM).

I would never advise anyone to slap a dog (SHE'S A
PROVEN LIAR AND DOG ABUSER, do you expect her to
ADMIT THE TRUTH???).

I do not believe there is a single circumstance, ever, where
slapping a dog is anything but destructive."

RIGHT. She PINCHES, not twists... and chin cuff doesn't
mean hit, according to lyinglynn and avrama....

amy lyingfrosty dahl continues:

"Get a stick 30- or 40-inches long. You can have a helper
wield the stick, or do it yourself. Tougher, less tractable
dogs may require you to progress to striking them more
sharply.

REPEAT, VARYING HOW HARD YOU HIT THE DOG.

Now you are ready to progress to what most people think of
as force-fetching: the ear pinch.

Make the dog's need to stop the pinching so urgent that
resisting your will fades in importance.

but will squeal, thrash around, and direct their efforts to
escaping the ear pinch even get a studded collar and pinch
the ear against that if the dog still does not open its mouth,
get out the shotshell.

Try pinching the ear between the metal casing and the
collar, even the buckle on the collar. Persist! Eventually, the
dog will give in

With your hand on the collar and ear, say, 'fetch.'

Immediately tap the dog on the hindquarters with the stick.

Repeat "fetch" and pinch the ear all the way to the dummy.
You can press the dog's ear with a shotshell instead of your
thumb; Say 'fetch' while pressing the dummy against its lips
and pinching its ear."

Gotta LOVE koehler. dahl makes koheler look like St. Francis.

"Many People Have Problems Getting The Pinch
Right, Either They Do Not Pinch Enough, Or They
Have A Very Stoic Dog. Some Dogs Will Collapse
Into A Heap. About The Ear Pinch: You Must Keep
The Pressure Up," sindy "don't let the dog SCREAM"
mooreon, author of HOWER FAQ's pages on k9 web.

You think HURTING a HUNTING DOG to
MAKE IT HUNT is NECESSARY???

"Well, Jack Did Hit My Dog. Actually I'd Call It
A Sharp Tap Of The Crook To The Nose. I Know
Jack Wouldn't HaveDone It If He Thought Solo
Couldn't Take It. I Still Crate Him Because
Otherwise I Fear He Might Eat My Cat," melanie.

You think allowing a "FEAR AGGRESSIVE MAN
SHY" dog to be BEATEN by a strange male trainer
is INTELLIGENT BEHAVIOR for a DOG LOVER?

"Warning: Sometimes The Corrections Will Seem
Quite Harsh And Cause You To Cringe. This Is A
Normal Reaction The First Few Times It Happens,
But You'll Get Over It."mike duforth, author:
"Courteous Canine."

You think HURTIN dogs and CRINGING
is COURTEOUS?

"I have heard advice stating that you should pre-load
your dog for Bitter Apple for it to work as efficiently
as possible. What does this mean?"

Means the author is a dog abuser of the worst magnitude.

"When you bring home the Bitter Apple for
the first time, spray one squirt directly into
the dog's mouth and walk away. The dog
won't be too thrilled with this but just ignore
him and continue your normal behavior."

You think HURTING your dog is NORMAL BEHAVIOR?

--Mike Dufort
author of the zero selling book
"Courteous Canines"

You think HOWER pals are playin with a full deck?