Dog Discussion: Dog Obsessed With TV

Dog Obsessed With TV

Page:  Previous  1 2   (First | Last)

The Puppy Wizard
2004-01-28 19:50:23 EST
HOWEDY remi,

"Remi" <csbaran@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:BDTRb.320178$ts4.126254@pd7tw3no...

> My Dobie is obsessed with the TV and it's driving me crazy.

Perhaps it's a RHOWEND trip, remi.

> Nothing seems to work. I really don't want to
> resort to a shock colar.

Shock collars don't HURT dogs, remi. They're
SAFE and EFFECTIVE:

"I'd call the SHOCK fence effective and safe.
Humane is one of those hot words that people
can debate all day so I won't touch that one.
There are people who would call a regular chain
link fence inhumane," liea altshuller.

> Any suggestions?

Yeah. Perhaps all you need are a few
puppy raising tips?

> Thanks.

You're welcome!

Borrowed from: "Puppy Raising Tips" from
professional trainers, John and Amy Dahl.

"Around four months many puppies can withstand a
correction. Unfortunately this is the time they start
teething and if their mouth hurts, they may act
generally sensitive. If this is the case, be patient and
wait for all those baby teeth to fall out.

In training, retrievers often respond to physical correction
better than verbal correction. While "NO!" is extremely
useful if puppy is about to bite an electrical cord or steal
food off the table, when you are teaching them something
(like obedience) a sharp jerk on their lead or swat with a
stick gets the message across with less emotion and less
effect on their confidence.

If they drop the dummy and act like their mouth hurts
when they are teething, stop all retrieving and wait for
their mouth to feel better. A correction should be just
severe enough to get the dog to respond.

Repeated weak corrections are very stressful to the dog."

END lyingfrosty dahl

If you are interested in purchasing a dignified stick to
lay across you puppy's arse, just send a personal check
or money order in the amount of $30-$40 for a 30"-40"
long whuppin stick.

These all natural hickory switches will outlast an
entire litter of puppies! MAYBE MOORE!! Supplies
limited, so HURRY! Be the first in your club to have
the hickory switch training aid guaranteed for the life
of your dog (which may be much shorter than nature
intended!).

Ask yourself: "HOWE COME DOESN'T JERRY
HURT DOGS TO TRAIN THEM?"

And then just answer: "On AccHOWENT Of
JERRY KNOWS HOWE TO TRAIN DOGS
WITHOUT HURTING THEM."

And THEN SAY OUT LHOWED: "IGNORE
JERRY, HE'S MEAN TO DOG ABUSERS."

You can get all the information you need to
PUPPERLY handle and train your dog using
non force, non confrontational, scientific and
psychological methods, in your FREE copy
of The Puppy Wizard's FREE WWW Wits'
End Dog Training Method Manual.

Your pal, Jerry "The Phony," Howe,
The Puppy Wizard. <{}; ~ ) >

The Puppy Wizard
2004-01-29 03:41:40 EST
HOWEDY remi,

Your pal rosa is a MENTAL PATIENT havin
a psychotic episode at the moment...

> Not a bad idea. I'd have to cut out the commercials because
they're
> deadly -- so many ads have animals in them. She doesn't even
seem bored with
> some of the political talk shows I watch. Thanks.
>

> "Rosa Palm\ufffdn" <rosa@no-s-p-am.locomail.com> wrote in message
> > Hmm... what about recording some really boring program and let
her watch
> > that untill she gets bored? =)
> >
> > "Remi" <csbaran@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > If I get her her own TV she'll want cable. Seriously, I
don't think it
> > would
> > > work because she'll still want to be with us when we watch
TV.Thanks for
> > the
> > > suggestion.
> > >

> > > "Taylor" <allena@aol.com> wrote in message
> > the
> > > TV
> > blocking
> > > my
> > > attacks
> > occur
> > > in
blocking her
> entrance
> family
> > > TV
> > noise,
> > > and
> > > really
Thanks.

> > one...

The Puppy Wizard
2004-01-29 18:24:40 EST
Yeah. When dog tv comes on you'll have VARIABLY
REINFORCED the BAD BEHAVIOR.

"Rosa Palm\ufffdn" <rosa@no-s-p-am.locomail.com> wrote in message
> Hmm... what about recording some really boring program and let
her watch
> that untill she gets bored? =)
>
> "Remi" <csbaran@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > If I get her her own TV she'll want cable. Seriously, I don't
think it
> would
> > work because she'll still want to be with us when we watch
TV.Thanks for
> the
> > suggestion.
> >

> > "Taylor" <allena@aol.com> wrote in message
> > > "Remi" <csbaran@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> the
> > TV
> blocking
> > my
> > attacks
> occur
> > in
> > TV
> noise,
> > and
> > really
Thanks.

> > > She needs her own TV. Why not. It doesn't have to be a big
screen
> one...

Rosemary
2004-02-13 09:16:39 EST

Our Cat has the same addiction.

The dogs forte is classical music. She always comes into the room
whenever I play Bach.....get it Bach (bark)....... oh forget it.

Page:  Previous  1 2   (First | Last)