Dog Discussion: Peeing On Shed

Peeing On Shed

Karen Ray-Stewart
2004-01-21 12:30:34 EST
My dog pees on the shed... I understand he wants to lift his leg against
something, ... how can I stop him from doing it there ?? Without watching
for him to pee constantly or putting up a shock fence....... how I can
train him to pee elsewhere. Would moth balls in the shed keep him away
from it ??

Karen

The Puppy Wizard
2004-01-21 13:53:25 EST
HOWEYD Karen,

You could train him not to go near the
shed in just a few minutes using effective
non force scientific and psychological
conditioning techniques as taught in
your FREE copy of The Puppy Wizard's
FREE WWW Wits' End Dog Training
Method Manual.

Just ask The Puppy Wizard if you need
any additional FREE heelp.

Or you can ask amy & phil fernandes,
they're university trained behaviorists
and professional dog trainers, very
much unlike this back yard shade
tree shit kicking dog trainer.

The Puppy Wizard. <{} ; ~ ) >

"Karen Ray-Stewart" <karen.ray-stewart@sympatico.ca> wrote in
message news:TGyPb.5887$rW5.397216@news20.bellglobal.com...
> My dog pees on the shed... I understand he wants to lift his
leg against
> something, ... how can I stop him from doing it there ??
Without watching
> for him to pee constantly or putting up a shock fence.......
how I can
> train him to pee elsewhere. Would moth balls in the shed keep
him away
> from it ??
>
> Karen

Amy & Phil Fernandes
2004-01-21 15:29:59 EST
Hi Karen,

there may be a way to train against this....however males dogs lift their
legs on things, and they like to mark the same spots. Planting a bush there
may give him something more acceptable to pee on . Or you could paint your
shed yellow. Don't get mad at him for doing a 'normal' dog thing. Just try
to put something in the way to block his 'aim'.
Amy 'the dog lady'
"Karen Ray-Stewart" <karen.ray-stewart@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> My dog pees on the shed... I understand he wants to lift his leg
against
> something, ... how can I stop him from doing it there ?? Without watching
> for him to pee constantly or putting up a shock fence....... how I can
> train him to pee elsewhere. Would moth balls in the shed keep him away
> from it ??
>
> Karen

Karen Ray-Stewart
2004-01-21 18:41:14 EST
exactly what I would like to do is block him from peeing there and make it
less desirable to pee there..... I can't plan a tree that close the the
shed or near his dog house because we have a septic system and I can't plant
in that area.... I also Can't move his house as there is no place that is
more desirable for him to be. We have a crappy shape of lot, with a septic
bed and shed in the way of most things, farther back in the yard we can
plant trees but I don't want him further from our house when he is in tied
outside.

"Amy & Phil Fernandes" <amyphil@nb.sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> Hi Karen,
>
> there may be a way to train against this....however males dogs lift their
> legs on things, and they like to mark the same spots. Planting a bush
there
> may give him something more acceptable to pee on . Or you could paint your
> shed yellow. Don't get mad at him for doing a 'normal' dog thing. Just try
> to put something in the way to block his 'aim'.
> Amy 'the dog lady'
> "Karen Ray-Stewart" <karen.ray-stewart@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> > My dog pees on the shed... I understand he wants to lift his leg
> against
> > something, ... how can I stop him from doing it there ?? Without
watching
> > for him to pee constantly or putting up a shock fence....... how I can
> > train him to pee elsewhere. Would moth balls in the shed keep him away
> > from it ??
> >
> > Karen

The Puppy Wizard
2004-01-22 01:16:22 EST
HOWEDY amy & phil FRAUD,

"Amy & Phil Fernandes" <amyphil@nb.sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> Hi Karen,
>
> there may be a way to train against this...

But you don't know of ANY. Do you, amy
& phil FRAUD. You got NO IDEA HOWE
to train this dog not to piss on the shed or
the other poster HOWE to stop his dog
from chewin his car or diggin holes or
jumpin fences or ANY behavior.

DO YOU.

You're a FRAUD.

> however males dogs lift their legs on things,

So THAT means YOU CAN'T TRAIN THEM NOT TO?

> and they like to mark the same spots.

Any behavior that's PREDICTABLE and
CONSISTENT is EZ to EXXXTINGUISH.

> Planting a bush there may give him something
> more acceptable to pee on .

That so? Don't you think you should go into
landscaping instead of DOG TRAININ?

> Or you could paint your shed yellow.

What the heel kinda IDIOT are you?

If you was tryin to be FUNNY, you're not
gonna support yourself as a comic any
better than you can as a DOG TRAINER
cause you AIN'T FUNNY and YOU AIN'T
A DOG TRAINER.

> Don't get mad at him for doing a 'normal' dog thing.

Oh goody. DO TELL us HOWE to EXXXTINGUISH
a NORMAL DOG BEHAVIOR? Let's PRETENT the
dog was liftin ITS leg on the EZ chair? HOWE would
a EXXXPERT like amy & phil FRAUD TRAIN IT not
to lift ITS leg? Would you plant a footstool and end
tables next to and in front of the chair to prevent the
dog from sprayin it? Or would you paint the furniture
YELLOW?

> Just try to put something in the way to block his 'aim'.

Yeah. What's your METHOD for TRAININ the dog
not to mark the shed, dog trainer / university trained
BEHAVIORIST?

> Amy 'the dog lady'

BWEEHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!

YOU'RE A FRAUD!

You want MOORE of this?:

From: sionnach (rhyfelwr@email.msn.com)
Subject: Re: Correct use of prong collar
Date: 2001-05-05 13:03:14 PST

> And Sally responded:
>
> >Who said that? I would never do or recommend that, and
> >neither would most of the regulars on here.
> >
> >Sally Hennessey
>
> I've posted my entire quote, since Patch failed to do so.
> Tke it out of context and you'd think I was flinging puppies
> across the room!
>
> here's what I said (keep in mind that we're talking
> about a 12 week old ~25# FCR puppy):
>
> A small scruff shake is appropriate if he's
> very persistant.
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Um, may I suggest a re-wording that might make
it clearer- given that "scruff shake" is too easily
misinterpreted as "pick the puppy up by the scruff
of the neck and shake the puppy in the air"?

I think I'd phrase it something like "if the puppy is very
persistant, it can be appropriate to take hold of the
loose skin at the back of the neck and give a slight shake
to the *skin*".

Janet's not talking about actually shaking the puppy, which
I think we ALL agree is abusive.

===================

"I Dropped The Leash, Threw My Right Arm
Over The Lab's Shoulder, Grabbed Her Opposite
Foot With My Left Hand, Rolled Her On Her Side,
Leaned On Her, Smartly Growled Into Her Throat
And Said "GRRRR!" And Neatly Nipped Her Ear,"
sionnach.

"Many People Have Problems Getting The Pinch
Right, Either They Do Not Pinch Enough, Or They
Have A Very Stoic Dog. Some Dogs Will Collapse
Into A Heap. About The Ear Pinch: You Must Keep
The Pressure Up," sindy "don't let the dog SCREAM"
mooreon, author of HOWER FAQ's pages on k9 web.

You think HURTING a HUNTING DOG to
MAKE IT HUNT is NECESSARY???

"Well, Jack Did Hit My Dog. Actually I'd Call It
A Sharp Tap Of The Crook To The Nose. I Know
Jack Wouldn't HaveDone It If He Thought Solo
Couldn't Take It. I Still Crate Him Because
Otherwise I Fear He Might Eat My Cat," melanie.

You think allowing a "FEAR AGGRESSIVE MAN
SHY" dog to be BEATEN by a strange male trainer
is INTELLIGENT BEHAVIOR for a DOG LOVER?

"Warning: Sometimes The Corrections Will Seem
Quite Harsh And Cause You To Cringe. This Is A
Normal Reaction The First Few Times It Happens,
But You'll Get Over It."mike duforth, author:
"Courteous Canine."

You think HURTIN dogs and CRINGING
is COURTEOUS?

"I have heard advice stating that you should pre-load
your dog for Bitter Apple for it to work as efficiently
as possible. What does this mean?"

Means the author is a dog abuser of the worst magnitude.

"When you bring home the Bitter Apple for
the first time, spray one squirt directly into
the dog's mouth and walk away. The dog
won't be too thrilled with this but just ignore
him and continue your normal behavior."

You think HURTING your dog is NORMAL BEHAVIOR?

--Mike Dufort
author of the zero selling book
"Courteous Canines"

The Puppy Wizard. <{} ; ~ ) >

> "Karen Ray-Stewart" <karen.ray-stewart@sympatico.ca> wrote in
message
> > My dog pees on the shed... I understand he wants to lift
his leg
> against
> > something, ... how can I stop him from doing it there ??
Without watching
> > for him to pee constantly or putting up a shock fence.......
how I can
> > train him to pee elsewhere. Would moth balls in the shed
keep him away
> > from it ??
> >
> > Karen

Me And Bobby Mcgee
2004-01-24 12:48:28 EST
He's "tied" outside? If you have enough money for a shed, you have enough
money for a fence, even if a small one. Buy a fence.

> exactly what I would like to do is block him from peeing there and make it
> less desirable to pee there..... I can't plan a tree that close the the
> shed or near his dog house because we have a septic system and I can't
plant
> in that area.... I also Can't move his house as there is no place that is
> more desirable for him to be. We have a crappy shape of lot, with a
septic
> bed and shed in the way of most things, farther back in the yard we can
> plant trees but I don't want him further from our house when he is in tied
> outside.
>
> "Amy & Phil Fernandes" <amyphil@nb.sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> > Hi Karen,
> >
> > there may be a way to train against this....however males dogs lift
their
> > legs on things, and they like to mark the same spots. Planting a bush
> there
> > may give him something more acceptable to pee on . Or you could paint
your
> > shed yellow. Don't get mad at him for doing a 'normal' dog thing. Just
try
> > to put something in the way to block his 'aim'.
> > Amy 'the dog lady'
> > "Karen Ray-Stewart" <karen.ray-stewart@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> > > My dog pees on the shed... I understand he wants to lift his leg
> > against
> > > something, ... how can I stop him from doing it there ?? Without
> watching
> > > for him to pee constantly or putting up a shock fence....... how I
can
> > > train him to pee elsewhere. Would moth balls in the shed keep him
away
> > > from it ??
> > >
> > > Karen

The Puppy Wizard
2004-01-24 17:28:11 EST
HOWEDY me and bobby mcgee,

You mean, instead of TRAINING IT not to pee
on the shed in a few minutes of EZ work?