Dog Discussion: HELP Old Doxie Now Peeing On The Rug!

HELP Old Doxie Now Peeing On The Rug!
Posts: 16

Report Abuse

Use this form to report abuse or request takedown.
The requests are usually processed within 48 hours.

Page: 1 2   Next  (First | Last)

Dr Pepper
2004-01-16 13:25:02 EST
Our ten year old female Doxie has recently started peeing in the house
for no apparent reason,

She has access to the outside, and has been trained to go there, but
now just seems to not want to go outside to do her business, although
she will go outside when she wants to. . . . .and she does poop out
there, but just still pees in the house..

Is is fairly cold, (fourties) but we live in the Calif Desert so it's
not in the snow!!!!
What can we do to stop this behavure?

Thanx
Ron C.

Amy & Phil Fernandes
2004-01-16 14:46:55 EST
Hello,

This concerns me because Doxies are very prone to kidney problems. Now that
is your worst case scenario and of course you need to see your vet about
that. More commonly though, it could be a simple urinary tract infection.
you will need to bring in a urine sample to your vet for analysis (I can
just imagine how fun it will be to collect a sample from a doxie :) ) Anyway
at this age a lot of things can happen physiologically to a dog and it is
unlikely that unless something has changed within the dog's life that it is
a behavioural issue.
bring her in, get her checked out.
sincerely
Amy the Dog lady.
"Dr Pepper" <DrPepper@iwvisp.com> wrote in message
news:emag00ttdd3r0gbjcv0gs0usrn71oihird@4ax.com...
> Our ten year old female Doxie has recently started peeing in the house
> for no apparent reason,
>
> She has access to the outside, and has been trained to go there, but
> now just seems to not want to go outside to do her business, although
> she will go outside when she wants to. . . . .and she does poop out
> there, but just still pees in the house..
>
> Is is fairly cold, (fourties) but we live in the Calif Desert so it's
> not in the snow!!!!
> What can we do to stop this behavure?
>
> Thanx
> Ron C.



The Puppy Wizard
2004-01-16 17:29:58 EST
HOWEDY Dr Pepper,

> "Dr Pepper" <DrPepper@iwvisp.com> wrote in message
> news:emag00ttdd3r0gbjcv0gs0usrn71oihird@4ax.com...
>
> Our ten year old female Doxie has recently
> started peeing in the house for no apparent
> reason,

Well, you mean for SEEMINGLY no apparent reason.

> She has access to the outside, and has been
> trained to go there, but now just seems to not
> want to go outside to do her business, although
> she will go outside when she wants to. . . . .and
> she does poop out there, but just still pees in the
> house..

That's usually symptomatic of a behavior problem
UNLESS the dog is relieving hisself directly in front
of you or on your furniture.

> Is is fairly cold,

Well, THAT could be HOWE COME she's NOT
GOIN HOWET.

> > (fourties) but we live in the Calif Desert so it's
> > not in the snow!!!!

That's not VERY cold, but could be enough to
deter the pup from wanting to go HOWET.

> > What can we do to stop this behavure?

You can study your FREE copy of The Puppy
Wizard's FREE WWW Wits' End Dog Training
Method Manual and address the HOWEsbreakin
problem as INSTRUCTED. The PROBLEM will
be EXXXTINGUISHED NEARLY INSTANTLY or
the dog will NEED to go to the vet for an exam.

> > Thanx

You're welcome. Just ask The Puppy Wizard
if you need any additional FREE heelp.

> > Ron C.

The Puppy Wizard. <{} ; ~ ) >



The Puppy Wizard
2004-01-16 17:30:04 EST
HOWEDY amy & phil fernandes,

"Amy & Phil Fernandes" <amyphil@nb.sympatico.ca> wrote in message
news:PcXNb.65551$IF6.1510944@ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca...
> Hello,
>
> This concerns me because Doxies are very
> prone to kidney problems.

That so? Most "kidney" and urinary tract / bladder
stone problems are CAUSED BY STRESS, aka
The Puppy Wizard's SYNDROME.

> Now that is your worst case scenario

Which? "Kidney PROBLEMS" or STRESS INDUCED
auto immuned DIS-EASE, amy & phil fernandes?

> and of course you need to see your vet about that.

Good point. MOST HOWEsbreaking problems
are CAUSED BY MISHANDLING, not KIDNEY
problems or urinary tract infections.

> More commonly though, it could be a simple
> urinary tract infection.

Even MOORE commonly HOWEsbreaking problems
are CAUSED BY MISHANDLING.

> you will need to bring in a urine sample to
> your vet for analysis (I can just imagine how
>fun it will be to collect a sample from a doxie :)

The vet can catheterize the pup in a few moments
IF the dog NEEDS to go to the vet. The FIRST thing
the owner can do is ELIMINATE the CAUSE of STRESS
whice USUALLY is the CAUSE of HOWEsbreaking problems.

> ) Anyway

You mean, anyHOWE. Don't you.

> at this age a lot of things can happen physiologically
> to a dog and it is unlikely that unless something has
> changed within the dog's life that it is a behavioural issue.

Well THAT'S just not correct. FurtherMOORE, the dog
PROBABLY doesn't want to go HOWEtside cause it's
COLD HOWET.

> bring her in, get her checked out.

That's an option, but The Puppy Wizard wouldn't
recommend that till the PROBLEM has been
addressed BEHAVIORALLY FIRST. Then the
owner will KNOW if the dog NEEDS to see the vet.

> sincerely

Sincere? Perhaps. Competent? ABSOLUTELY NOT.

> Amy the Dog lady.

Who has NO METHOD for CURING a HOWEsbreaking
problem in a ten year old dog UNLESS IT'S SICK.

> "Dr Pepper" <DrPepper@iwvisp.com> wrote in message
> news:emag00ttdd3r0gbjcv0gs0usrn71oihird@4ax.com...
>
> > Our ten year old female Doxie has recently
> > started peeing in the house for no apparent
> > reason,

Well, you mean for SEEMINGLY no apparent reason.

> > She has access to the outside, and has been
> > trained to go there, but now just seems to not
> > want to go outside to do her business, although
> > she will go outside when she wants to. . . . .and
> > she does poop out there, but just still pees in the
> > house..

That's usually symptomatic of a behavior problem
UNLESS the dog is relieving hisself directly in front
of you or on your furniture.

> > Is is fairly cold,

Well, THAT could be HOWE COME she's NOT
GOIN HOWET.

> > (fourties) but we live in the Calif Desert so it's
> > not in the snow!!!!

That's not VERY cold, but could be enough to
deter the pup from wanting to go HOWET.

> > What can we do to stop this behavure?

You can study your FREE copy of The Puppy
Wizard's FREE WWW Wits' End Dog Training
Method Manual and address the HOWEsbreakin
problem as INSTRUCTED. The PROBLEM will
be EXXXTINGUISHED NEARLY INSTANTLY or
the dog will NEED to go to the vet for an exam.

> > Thanx

You're welcome. Just ask The Puppy Wizard
if you need any additional FREE heelp.

> > Ron C.

The Puppy Wizard. <{} ; ~ ) >




Dr Pepper
2004-01-24 14:14:11 EST
Well, excuse me if I stepped into a standing argument between you two.
It seems to me that The puppy Wizard may be more puppy orientated than
people oreintated, at least thats my read from your caustic reply.

I read the online book, and it is very interesting. I feel much the
same way about animals. I also talk doggie talk, at least to some
extent. I do tend to humanize dogs and cats, but I guess that's
natural.

My older doxie also has gotten much too fat for her size, and I guess
that we are to blame for that. She is a happy little girl, and
although she is very protective of her turf, she is otherwise usually
very quiet, and very well behaved.

She also has her own kitty, a 9 year old female domestic shorthair,
that rules her domain like the queen she is. The poor ol cat is
gettin' to the age where we are just happy to see that she still
wakes up every morning. (like me and the wife) We are all about the
same ages here, as my birthday next July will be 72 real years, my
wife 5 years younger.

Thanx for the help, from both of you.

Ron C.
===============================================

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 22:30:04 GMT, "The Puppy Wizard"
<*d@earthlink.net> wrote:

>HOWEDY amy & phil fernandes,
>
>"Amy & Phil Fernandes" <amyphil@nb.sympatico.ca> wrote in message
>news:PcXNb.65551$IF6.1510944@ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca...
>> Hello,
>>
>> This concerns me because Doxies are very
>> prone to kidney problems.
>
>That so? Most "kidney" and urinary tract / bladder
>stone problems are CAUSED BY STRESS, aka
>The Puppy Wizard's SYNDROME.
>
>> Now that is your worst case scenario
>
>Which? "Kidney PROBLEMS" or STRESS INDUCED
>auto immuned DIS-EASE, amy & phil fernandes?
>
>> and of course you need to see your vet about that.
>
>Good point. MOST HOWEsbreaking problems
>are CAUSED BY MISHANDLING, not KIDNEY
>problems or urinary tract infections.
>
>> More commonly though, it could be a simple
>> urinary tract infection.
>
>Even MOORE commonly HOWEsbreaking problems
>are CAUSED BY MISHANDLING.
>
>> you will need to bring in a urine sample to
>> your vet for analysis (I can just imagine how
>>fun it will be to collect a sample from a doxie :)
>
>The vet can catheterize the pup in a few moments
>IF the dog NEEDS to go to the vet. The FIRST thing
>the owner can do is ELIMINATE the CAUSE of STRESS
>whice USUALLY is the CAUSE of HOWEsbreaking problems.
>
>> ) Anyway
>
>You mean, anyHOWE. Don't you.
>
>> at this age a lot of things can happen physiologically
>> to a dog and it is unlikely that unless something has
>> changed within the dog's life that it is a behavioural issue.
>
>Well THAT'S just not correct. FurtherMOORE, the dog
>PROBABLY doesn't want to go HOWEtside cause it's
>COLD HOWET.
>
>> bring her in, get her checked out.
>
>That's an option, but The Puppy Wizard wouldn't
>recommend that till the PROBLEM has been
>addressed BEHAVIORALLY FIRST. Then the
>owner will KNOW if the dog NEEDS to see the vet.
>
>> sincerely
>
>Sincere? Perhaps. Competent? ABSOLUTELY NOT.
>
>> Amy the Dog lady.
>
>Who has NO METHOD for CURING a HOWEsbreaking
>problem in a ten year old dog UNLESS IT'S SICK.
>
>> "Dr Pepper" <DrPepper@iwvisp.com> wrote in message
>> news:emag00ttdd3r0gbjcv0gs0usrn71oihird@4ax.com...
>>
>> > Our ten year old female Doxie has recently
>> > started peeing in the house for no apparent
>> > reason,
>
>Well, you mean for SEEMINGLY no apparent reason.
>
>> > She has access to the outside, and has been
>> > trained to go there, but now just seems to not
>> > want to go outside to do her business, although
>> > she will go outside when she wants to. . . . .and
>> > she does poop out there, but just still pees in the
>> > house..
>
>That's usually symptomatic of a behavior problem
>UNLESS the dog is relieving hisself directly in front
>of you or on your furniture.
>
>> > Is is fairly cold,
>
>Well, THAT could be HOWE COME she's NOT
>GOIN HOWET.
>
>> > (fourties) but we live in the Calif Desert so it's
>> > not in the snow!!!!
>
>That's not VERY cold, but could be enough to
>deter the pup from wanting to go HOWET.
>
>> > What can we do to stop this behavure?
>
>You can study your FREE copy of The Puppy
>Wizard's FREE WWW Wits' End Dog Training
>Method Manual and address the HOWEsbreakin
>problem as INSTRUCTED. The PROBLEM will
>be EXXXTINGUISHED NEARLY INSTANTLY or
>the dog will NEED to go to the vet for an exam.
>
>> > Thanx
>
>You're welcome. Just ask The Puppy Wizard
>if you need any additional FREE heelp.
>
>> > Ron C.
>
>The Puppy Wizard. <{} ; ~ ) >
>
>


Amy & Phil Fernandes
2004-01-24 18:36:32 EST
Hi

I suppose that is directed at me. I have not acknowledged this puppy wizard
person in anyway nor do I care to address them. Even though they have
slammed me for some reason. As a psychologist (yes, a person with academic
notoriety), I can assure you I would not give out my free advice unless I
thought it was in the best interest of the animal (or person). Plain and
simple if you have an old animal with a physcal problem you take it to the
vet to rule out anything that could be further damaging. THEN you work on
the behavioural issues. Mr. Wizard as a member of the APA I can give you the
name of someone to talk to since it appears you may have a personality
disorder. Please do not direct any comments toward me in the future. I am a
busy professional and I was giving free advice out of the kindness of my
heart, and frankly this is going to end shortly if I will be bombarded by
your neurotic antics.
good luck to you in your recovery.
Amy.
"Dr Pepper" <DrPepper@iwvisp.com> wrote in message
news:v2g5105ibmbg760fi1pk3ncv6vqva94rf3@4ax.com...
> Well, excuse me if I stepped into a standing argument between you two.
> It seems to me that The puppy Wizard may be more puppy orientated than
> people oreintated, at least thats my read from your caustic reply.
>
> I read the online book, and it is very interesting. I feel much the
> same way about animals. I also talk doggie talk, at least to some
> extent. I do tend to humanize dogs and cats, but I guess that's
> natural.
>
> My older doxie also has gotten much too fat for her size, and I guess
> that we are to blame for that. She is a happy little girl, and
> although she is very protective of her turf, she is otherwise usually
> very quiet, and very well behaved.
>
> She also has her own kitty, a 9 year old female domestic shorthair,
> that rules her domain like the queen she is. The poor ol cat is
> gettin' to the age where we are just happy to see that she still
> wakes up every morning. (like me and the wife) We are all about the
> same ages here, as my birthday next July will be 72 real years, my
> wife 5 years younger.
>
> Thanx for the help, from both of you.
>
> Ron C.
> ===============================================
>
> On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 22:30:04 GMT, "The Puppy Wizard"
> <ThePuppyWizard@earthlink.net> wrote:
>
> >HOWEDY amy & phil fernandes,
> >
> >"Amy & Phil Fernandes" <amyphil@nb.sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> >news:PcXNb.65551$IF6.1510944@ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca...
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> This concerns me because Doxies are very
> >> prone to kidney problems.
> >
> >That so? Most "kidney" and urinary tract / bladder
> >stone problems are CAUSED BY STRESS, aka
> >The Puppy Wizard's SYNDROME.
> >
> >> Now that is your worst case scenario
> >
> >Which? "Kidney PROBLEMS" or STRESS INDUCED
> >auto immuned DIS-EASE, amy & phil fernandes?
> >
> >> and of course you need to see your vet about that.
> >
> >Good point. MOST HOWEsbreaking problems
> >are CAUSED BY MISHANDLING, not KIDNEY
> >problems or urinary tract infections.
> >
> >> More commonly though, it could be a simple
> >> urinary tract infection.
> >
> >Even MOORE commonly HOWEsbreaking problems
> >are CAUSED BY MISHANDLING.
> >
> >> you will need to bring in a urine sample to
> >> your vet for analysis (I can just imagine how
> >>fun it will be to collect a sample from a doxie :)
> >
> >The vet can catheterize the pup in a few moments
> >IF the dog NEEDS to go to the vet. The FIRST thing
> >the owner can do is ELIMINATE the CAUSE of STRESS
> >whice USUALLY is the CAUSE of HOWEsbreaking problems.
> >
> >> ) Anyway
> >
> >You mean, anyHOWE. Don't you.
> >
> >> at this age a lot of things can happen physiologically
> >> to a dog and it is unlikely that unless something has
> >> changed within the dog's life that it is a behavioural issue.
> >
> >Well THAT'S just not correct. FurtherMOORE, the dog
> >PROBABLY doesn't want to go HOWEtside cause it's
> >COLD HOWET.
> >
> >> bring her in, get her checked out.
> >
> >That's an option, but The Puppy Wizard wouldn't
> >recommend that till the PROBLEM has been
> >addressed BEHAVIORALLY FIRST. Then the
> >owner will KNOW if the dog NEEDS to see the vet.
> >
> >> sincerely
> >
> >Sincere? Perhaps. Competent? ABSOLUTELY NOT.
> >
> >> Amy the Dog lady.
> >
> >Who has NO METHOD for CURING a HOWEsbreaking
> >problem in a ten year old dog UNLESS IT'S SICK.
> >
> >> "Dr Pepper" <DrPepper@iwvisp.com> wrote in message
> >> news:emag00ttdd3r0gbjcv0gs0usrn71oihird@4ax.com...
> >>
> >> > Our ten year old female Doxie has recently
> >> > started peeing in the house for no apparent
> >> > reason,
> >
> >Well, you mean for SEEMINGLY no apparent reason.
> >
> >> > She has access to the outside, and has been
> >> > trained to go there, but now just seems to not
> >> > want to go outside to do her business, although
> >> > she will go outside when she wants to. . . . .and
> >> > she does poop out there, but just still pees in the
> >> > house..
> >
> >That's usually symptomatic of a behavior problem
> >UNLESS the dog is relieving hisself directly in front
> >of you or on your furniture.
> >
> >> > Is is fairly cold,
> >
> >Well, THAT could be HOWE COME she's NOT
> >GOIN HOWET.
> >
> >> > (fourties) but we live in the Calif Desert so it's
> >> > not in the snow!!!!
> >
> >That's not VERY cold, but could be enough to
> >deter the pup from wanting to go HOWET.
> >
> >> > What can we do to stop this behavure?
> >
> >You can study your FREE copy of The Puppy
> >Wizard's FREE WWW Wits' End Dog Training
> >Method Manual and address the HOWEsbreakin
> >problem as INSTRUCTED. The PROBLEM will
> >be EXXXTINGUISHED NEARLY INSTANTLY or
> >the dog will NEED to go to the vet for an exam.
> >
> >> > Thanx
> >
> >You're welcome. Just ask The Puppy Wizard
> >if you need any additional FREE heelp.
> >
> >> > Ron C.
> >
> >The Puppy Wizard. <{} ; ~ ) >
> >
> >
>



The Puppy Wizard
2004-01-25 09:37:29 EST
HOWEDY amy & phil FRAUD,

"Amy & Phil Fernandes" <amyphil@nb.sympatico.ca> wrote in message
news:4kDQb.72392$IF6.1827921@ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca...
> Hi
>
> I suppose that is directed at me.

Whatever would make you suspect THAT?
You had NO advice for the OP. Your posting
history will PROVE you to be a dog abuser.

> I have not acknowledged this puppy wizard
> person in anyway

EXXXCEPT by your conspicuHOWES non response.

> nor do I care to address them.

INDEEDY. That's on accHOWENT of The Puppy
Wizard has PROVEN you to be a FRAUD and a
dog abuser, amy & phil FRAUD.

> Even though they have slammed me

SLAMMED??? Hardly. The Puppy Wizard has
IDENTIFIED EXXXPOSED and DISCREDITED
you as a dog abusing punk thug coward FRAUD
by CITING your own words.

> for some reason.

You mean, for your ADVICE. You HURT dogs
to train them, amy & phil DOG ABUSERS.

> As a psychologist (yes, a person with academic notoriety),

You wanna get your inheritance back from
the university that RIPPED YOU OFF and
taught you to jerk and choke dogs to make
them happy and confident like you suggested
for the anxiHOWES dog in the car and to lock
dogs in a box and restrict food and water to
HOWEsbreak them?

> I can assure you I would not give out my free advice

You mean your advice to jerk and choke an
anxiHOWES dog and lock a dog in a box
and restrict food and water to HOWEsbreak it?

> unless I thought it was in the best interest of the animal

You mean, to HURT them?

> (or person).

Oh? You mean like when you tell folks to lock
their dogs in a box cause you got NO METHOD
of training a dog?

> Plain and simple

You're a dog abuser a punk and a coward.

> if you have an old animal with a physcal problem

The OP'S elderly dog doesn't WANT to go HOWET
in the cold, amy & phil FRAUD. Is THAT hard for a
university trained behaviorist to understand? What's
DIFFICULT for The Puppy Wizard to understand is
HOWE COME you think that would be a MEDICAL
problem? If there IS a MEDICAL PROBLEM we'll
KNOW it in a couple days, maybe less, cause the
BEHAVIOR MODIFICATION WON'T WORK NEARLY
INSTANTLY.

> you take it to the vet to rule out anything that could
> be further damaging.

UNLESS you could TRAIN the dog FASTER than
you could get a vet appointment... and not NEED
to see the dog doctor for a BEHAVIOR problem.

> THEN you work on the behavioural issues.

You think waiting a couple weeks for lab tests
to return a clean bill of health instead of TRAINING
the dog NEARLY INSTANTLY and EXXXTINGUISHING
the BEHAVIOR PROBLEM is WIZE, university trained
behaviorist?

> Mr. Wizard

You mean The Puppy Wizard.

> as a member of the APA

The Puppy Wizard sez your APA are incompetent
blowhards who HURT their subjects with their
guardian's permission when they run HOWETA
INTELLECT and INFORMATION.

> I can give you the name of someone to talk to

The Puppy Wizard is talkin to YOU.

> since it appears you may have a personality disorder.

Let's see... YOU JERK and CHOKE dogs to make
them COMFORTABLE in the car. You lock dogs
in boxes and call THAT, HOWEsbreaking. You
REFUSE to DISS-CUSS your abusive training
methods and call non violent trainers DISTURBED???

> Please do not direct any comments toward me
> in the future.

SHORE! So long as you don't post to The Puppy
Wizard's FREE WWW Wits' End Dog Training
Method Forums, amy & phil FRAUD.

> I am a busy professional

You're a dog abuser and a coward.

> and I was giving free advice

You're an incomptent blowhard who HURTS dogs.

> out of the kindness of my heart,

Care to review your advice to the dog who is
anxiHOWES riding in the car? Care to review
your HOWEsbreaking advice? Care to respond
to ANY of The Puppy Wizard's QUESTIONS?

Let's discuss CURING phobias and OCD'S
like fear of thunder car sickness separation
anxiety or self mutilation, NEARLY INSTANTLY???

YOU CAN'T, cause you don't know HOWE.

Bye bye, amy & phil FRAUD.

> and frankly this is going to end shortly

You're FINISHED in the animal behavior business.
The Puppy Wizard has EXXXPOSED YOU as a FRAUD.

> if I will be bombarded by your neurotic antics.

Let's see... Hmmm. YOU HURT DOGS to train them.
You REFUSE to DEFEND your abusive tactics. You
DENY EFFFECTIVE NON VIOLENT METHODS in
direct conflict with your sacred APA philosophy and
pledge to INFORM J.Q. Pubic of the most effective
current research information and methods.

> good luck to you in your recovery.

"Luck is for SUCKERS," The Puppy Wizard's DADDY.

> Amy.

> "Dr Pepper" <DrPepper@iwvisp.com> wrote in message
> news:v2g5105ibmbg760fi1pk3ncv6vqva94rf3@4ax.com...
>
> > Well, excuse me if I stepped into a standing argument
> > between you two.

Well Dr Pepper, you see there is no standing
argument between The Puppy Wizard and
ANY of HOWER university trained animal
abusers cause they won't defend themselves
CAUSE THEY CAN'T.

> > It seems to me that The puppy Wizard may
> > be more puppy orientated than people oreintated,

Perhaps that's on accHOWENT of puppy's don't
jerk choke shock hang beat or lock puppy's in a
box and try to get HOWET callin THAT, trainin.

We've got predominantely liars dog abusers cowards
and active incurable MENTAL PATIENTS posting CRUDE
dangerHOWES advice to The Puppy Wizard's FREE
WWW Wits' End Dog Training Method Forums.

> > at least thats my read from your caustic reply.

You mean, The Puppy Wizard's reply to a dog abuser.

> > I read the online book,

EXCELLENT.

> and it is very interesting.

INDEED. The Puppy Wizard's FREE WWW
Wits' End Dog Training Method Manual is
PERFECT for all dogs and all behaviors.

The Puppy Wizard's METHOD NEVER FAILS.

> > I feel much the same way about animals.

Good. Study and apply the methods and you'll
get 100% NEARLY INSTANT SUCCESS. Just
ask The Puppy Wizard if you need any additional
FREE heelp.

> > I also talk doggie talk, at least to some
> > extent. I do tend to humanize dogs and cats,
> > but I guess that's natural.

Not here. Not amongst HOWER dog lovers who
PREFER to COMMUNICATE with a pronged spiked
pinch choke collar and aversives and crates.

> > My older doxie also has gotten much too fat for
> > her size, and I guess that we are to blame for that.

Being a little overweight isn't a crime.

> > She is a happy little girl,

Good. She just doesn't wanna go HOWET in the cold.

> > and although she is very protective of her turf,
> > she is otherwise usually very quiet, and very
> > well behaved.

Excellent.

> > She also has her own kitty, a 9 year old female domestic
> > shorthair, that rules her domain like the queen she is. The
> > poor ol cat is gettin' to the age where we are just happy to
> > see that she still wakes up every morning.

Kats usually live close to twenty years.

> > (like me and the wife)

LikeWIZE.

> > We are all about the same ages here, as my birthday
> > next July will be 72 real years, my wife 5 years younger.

The secret to long life is clean livin and clear thinkin.

> > Thanx for the help, from both of you.

Your welcome.

> > Ron C.

===============================================
> >
> > On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 22:30:04 GMT, "The Puppy Wizard"
> > <ThePuppyWizard@earthlink.net> wrote:
> >
> > >HOWEDY amy & phil fernandes,
> > >
> > >"Amy & Phil Fernandes" <amyphil@nb.sympatico.ca> wrote in
message
> > >news:PcXNb.65551$IF6.1510944@ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca...
> > >> Hello,
> > >>
> > >> This concerns me because Doxies are very
> > >> prone to kidney problems.
> > >
> > >That so? Most "kidney" and urinary tract / bladder
> > >stone problems are CAUSED BY STRESS, aka
> > >The Puppy Wizard's SYNDROME.
> > >
> > >> Now that is your worst case scenario
> > >
> > >Which? "Kidney PROBLEMS" or STRESS INDUCED
> > >auto immuned DIS-EASE, amy & phil fernandes?
> > >
> > >> and of course you need to see your vet about that.
> > >
> > >Good point. MOST HOWEsbreaking problems
> > >are CAUSED BY MISHANDLING, not KIDNEY
> > >problems or urinary tract infections.
> > >
> > >> More commonly though, it could be a simple
> > >> urinary tract infection.
> > >
> > >Even MOORE commonly HOWEsbreaking problems
> > >are CAUSED BY MISHANDLING.
> > >
> > >> you will need to bring in a urine sample to
> > >> your vet for analysis (I can just imagine how
> > >>fun it will be to collect a sample from a doxie :)
> > >
> > >The vet can catheterize the pup in a few moments
> > >IF the dog NEEDS to go to the vet. The FIRST thing
> > >the owner can do is ELIMINATE the CAUSE of STRESS
> > >whice USUALLY is the CAUSE of HOWEsbreaking
> > >problems.
> > >
> > >> ) Anyway
> > >
> > >You mean, anyHOWE. Don't you.
> > >
> > >> at this age a lot of things can happen physiologically
> > >> to a dog and it is unlikely that unless something has
> > >> changed within the dog's life that it is a behavioural
issue.
> > >
> > >Well THAT'S just not correct. FurtherMOORE, the dog
> > >PROBABLY doesn't want to go HOWEtside cause it's
> > >COLD HOWET.
> > >
> > >> bring her in, get her checked out.
> > >
> > >That's an option, but The Puppy Wizard wouldn't
> > >recommend that till the PROBLEM has been
> > >addressed BEHAVIORALLY FIRST. Then the
> > >owner will KNOW if the dog NEEDS to see the vet.
> > >
> > >> sincerely
> > >
> > >Sincere? Perhaps. Competent? ABSOLUTELY NOT.
> > >
> > >> Amy the Dog lady.
> > >
> > >Who has NO METHOD for CURING a HOWEsbreaking
> > >problem in a ten year old dog UNLESS IT'S SICK.
> > >
> > >> "Dr Pepper" <DrPepper@iwvisp.com> wrote in message
> > >> news:emag00ttdd3r0gbjcv0gs0usrn71oihird@4ax.com...
> > >>
> > >> > Our ten year old female Doxie has recently
> > >> > started peeing in the house for no apparent
> > >> > reason,
> > >
> > >Well, you mean for SEEMINGLY no apparent reason.
> > >
> > >> > She has access to the outside, and has been
> > >> > trained to go there, but now just seems to not
> > >> > want to go outside to do her business, although
> > >> > she will go outside when she wants to. . . . .and
> > >> > she does poop out there, but just still pees in the
> > >> > house..
> > >
> > >That's usually symptomatic of a behavior problem
> > >UNLESS the dog is relieving hisself directly in front
> > >of you or on your furniture.
> > >
> > >> > Is is fairly cold,
> > >
> > >Well, THAT could be HOWE COME she's NOT
> > >GOIN HOWET.
> > >
> > >> > (fourties) but we live in the Calif Desert so it's
> > >> > not in the snow!!!!
> > >
> > >That's not VERY cold, but could be enough to
> > >deter the pup from wanting to go HOWET.
> > >
> > >> > What can we do to stop this behavure?
> > >
> > >You can study your FREE copy of The Puppy
> > >Wizard's FREE WWW Wits' End Dog Training
> > >Method Manual and address the HOWEsbreakin
> > >problem as INSTRUCTED. The PROBLEM will
> > >be EXXXTINGUISHED NEARLY INSTANTLY or
> > >the dog will NEED to go to the vet for an exam.
> > >
> > >> > Thanx
> > >
> > >You're welcome. Just ask The Puppy Wizard
> > >if you need any additional FREE heelp.
> > >
> > >> > Ron C.
> > >
> > >The Puppy Wizard. <{} ; ~ ) >




Diddy
2004-01-26 08:03:16 EST
Dr Pepper <DrPepper@iwvisp.com> wrote in
news:emag00ttdd3r0gbjcv0gs0usrn71oihird@4ax.com:

> Our ten year old female Doxie has recently started peeing in the house
> for no apparent reason,
>
My 13 year old dog recently started having accidents in the house. Of
course, as Amy suggested to you, I took him to the vet, as i do everytime
there are behavior changes.
He gave him ppa which stopped the leaks (which help some dogs, but not
others) And there are other medication that are available if that doesn't
work.
In the meantime, my vet said it was caused by muscle laxity, and suggested
that I exercise him. He slipped on ice last spring and broke a shoulder
that will never heal. So I stopped exercising him.
My vet said, that was the root of my problem. I would do a GREAT service to
my dog if I got him out and exercised him, even though we know he has to
live with a broken shoulder the rest of his life. He said looooong walks at
a slow pace.
He said he did his part, now I had to do mine.
Dubious that long slow walks would do anything, I started taking him.
He no longer has accidents and was able to drop his medications for that.

The Puppy Wizard
2004-01-26 11:43:53 EST
HOWEDY diddler,

"diddy" <diddy@nospam.diddy.net> wrote in message
news:Xns947C51E998EB4danny@216.196.97.132...
> Dr Pepper <DrPepper@iwvisp.com> wrote in
> news:emag00ttdd3r0gbjcv0gs0usrn71oihird@4ax.com:
>
> > Our ten year old female Doxie has recently
> > started peeing in the house for no apparent reason,
> >
> My 13 year old dog recently started having accidents
> in the house. Of course, as Amy suggested to you, I
> took him to the vet, as i do everytime there are behavior
> changes.

That so, diddler? Is that the same vet who's office
kitty you let your dogs rip to shreds? Is that the
same vet you took Danny to after he'd been locked
in an HOWEtbuilding in a crate to muffle his crying
and whining and barking cause he had an abdominal
obstruction from swallowing STUFF he'd destructively
chewed, till he was shittin blood, diddler?

> He gave him ppa which stopped the leaks
> (which help some dogs, but not others)

The OP's dog doesn't want to go HOWET in the cold.
You think your vet got a shot for that, diddler?

> And there are other medication that are available
> if that doesn't work.

Your vet got a medication for dogs not wantin
to go HOWET in the cold, diddler?

> In the meantime, my vet said it was caused by
> muscle laxity, and suggested that I exercise him.

What, with all the love and attention you give your dogs, diddler?

> He slipped on ice last spring and broke a shoulder
> that will never heal. So I stopped exercising him.

Well, if your exercise caused him to get hurt perhaps
you shoulda stopped exercising him before he got hurt?

> My vet said, that was the root of my problem.

Your vet needs to see a psychiatrist. Your problem
is you're a DOG ABUSER and a liar and a coward
and a mental case, diddler.

> I would do a GREAT service to my dog if I got
> him out and exercised him, even though we know
> he has to live with a broken shoulder the rest of
> his life.

Yeah. The question was the dog peein in the HOWES,
diddler. Remember?

> He said looooong walks at a slow pace.

That's nice, diddler. Take a long walk. Enjoy
killin sumpthin live. Have a nice day. But don't
have it HERE, cause you're a liar and a dog
abuser and a mental case, diddler.

> He said he did his part, now I had to do mine.

You can't post here abHOWETS noMOORE.

> Dubious that long slow walks would do anything,

They probably won't break the other shoulder...

> I started taking him. He no longer has accidents
> and was able to drop his medications for that.

IOW, the medication wasn't necessary.


Here's diddler at her best:

WHEN YOU CAN'T FIND ANY CATS TO SHOOT,
SHOOT HUNGRY DOGS INSTEAD FOR GETTING
IN THE GARBAGE

From: diddy (diddy@diddy.net)
Subject: Re: Dog Shot, Neighbor Charged, Anchorage AK

Date: 2002-11-08 07:00:27 PST

I guess if I felt Danny was threatened, it's the way
I would react. There would be none left standing
to deal with the threat just in case.

If someone hurt him, I would not let borders or
continents stop me from pursuing justice.

Then again, I always feed Danny INSIDE. If
someone is feeding his dog outside, his own
dog might not mean THAT much to him.

If he was feeding his dog outside though, many
dogs are food aggressive, and that could most
certainly spark a dog aggression thing.

(and if the dog was penned quietly outside, what
was it doing in his yard?)

I shot a neighbors dog one night for chasing my
horses and called him to help me find it. I would
do the same for threatening my dog.

My husband shot a dog that had been tearing up
trash up and down our road for years making an
unbelievable mess.

When we finally killed the culprit, the whole road
cheered. Animal control had never been able in
years to catch this critter. (we think it was feral it
was certainly unkempt enough to have been....
and it had been shot at by MANY of the neighbors,
but it never frightened it off enough to keep it from
NOT tearing up the road the next trash day)

---------------------------------

diddy (diddy@nospam.diddy.net)
Subject: Oh My God

Two nights ago, Reka started acting frantic about 11pm.
I let her out. It's coyote breeding season, and she is fascinated
by them. I assumed she wanted to go out and listen to them
howling. I brought her in, and she spent the night franticly and
desperately demanding to go out.

After about 4am, I finally put her in the barn, locked
securely in a horse stall for the night.

She came in by morning, and had a normal active, playful
day. Last night, at 11pm, She franticly DEMANDED to go
out. I let her out, and brought her in. At midnight, she
DEMANDED to be let out. I let her out, but I went out
to the barn and got a crate, and decided she could
spend the rest of the night in the crate. We were NOT
going to do a repeat of the previous night AGAIN.

At 3am, she whined so loudly, I then decided not to
allow her to set a precedence of this type of behavior.
So I took her crate out to the heated gun shop and
decided to let her act out her bad behavior in peace,
and send a message that her obnoxious behavior
was not going to be tolerated.

This morning at 6am, I went out, and she had vomited
(normal looking dog food) and defecated in her crate
(not normal for Reka, but then, She normally didn't
sleep in a crate, NEVER gets corrected (she never does
anything to GET corrected for) and was probably nerves
from the outside experience, plus reprimand and solitary
confinement.)

I let her in the house while I cleaned the cage. Hoping
I had made my point. She acted healthy and normal, and
playful and chipper. But then I noticed a spot of blood on
the bathroom linoleum and in the bathtub. I was the last to
take a bath, so I knew REKA was the last in the tub.

That blood didnt come from me, so it HAD to come from
Reka. Thinking about her nearing the end of her heat cycle,
I still didnt think a lot about it. I thought her obnoxious
behavior the past couple nights WAS her heat cycle..
and corresponding coyote breeding season.

Then while feeding her breakfast, I saw the whole story.
She had blood (fresh) streaming from her RECTUM. UhOh.

I had her at the vets office this morning before he
opened. He just said her intestines were all bunched
up with huge air pockets.

Was there any chance that she ate strings of carpets? I
said, last Thursday we took a plastic tarp out of the yard
that we had over the grill to protect it from the weather
because she was chewing it. That would explain
EVERYTHING.

The strings are binding and bunching up her intestines,
cutting her internally and tying her intestines in knots as
it works its way through.

Reka is in a very critical situation. She is going to
require extensive and expensive surgery that I cant
afford. I will manage.

Even with the surgery, her condition will be critical
for awhile. Scary thoughts. I would never have
treated her the way I did last night, if I had even a
clue that she was sick. I feel so badly.
--
diddy

==================================


From: diddy
(*y@nospam.diddy.net)
Subject: Re: What would you do in this situation?
Date: 2002-05-31 14:49:22 PST

Actually, I borrowed the vets office kitten once for a
couple days for school education on pet care and safe
handling as well as responsible pet ownership.

I kept the kitten over night in a crate within a crate
and yet my dog (yes, Angelic Danny, as well as Taya
and Toby tore that kittne to threads from between the
crate bars. (apparently he stuck his paws through the
crate to bat at the dogs. I was out doing yard work
and rushed in to find the little kittens pieces and
parts being torn through by ALL the dogs.

I called my girl friend to come get my dogs. I screamed
displeasure, and stalked out with the kitten. Danny, et
al spent 3 days in a kennel until I finally felt like I
could interact with them without doing bodily harm. All
three dogs were never touched, but knew they had done
something so unspeakable that I wouldn't associate with
them and they got banished.

To this day, Taya (mom and Dad's dog) and Danny will not
look at a cat. When confronted with one, Danny wees
himself and cowers hiding behind me for help.

I'm not saying this would work this way with all dogs, But mom
and dad now have a house cat, and she has never been
harmed by any of the dogs. Danny is there all the time,
unsupervised, and has no interest in harming the cat.

-------------------------------------------------------

From: diddy (diddy@nospam.diddy.net)
Subject: Re: cats : Crating/Caging: What constitutes abuse?
Date: 2002-08-23 09:18:08 PST

Lyn wrote:

> > You know I'm a cat abuser because I let my cat out.
> > Alison
> Well, it totally depends upon where you live, as to whether
> or not doing so is in the best interest of your animal.
> Abuser isn't a term I would use, and I am a "cat group"
> regular.

Here it would be abuse. If you like your cat you keep it
home. I run a state authorized and monitored nuisance
animal trapline.

This morning there was a cat in a snare. Ordinarily,
an animal caught in a snare can be released unharmed.
One of the animals I am targeting is coyotes (and the
complaint was that coyotes were killing area cats)

Duh.. If your cats are becoming lunch for wild animals,
to me .. It makes sense to keep your cats in where they
can't become lunch.. whatever.

Regarding this cat in the snare. It went nuts. It leaped,
and tangled itself, and most certainly strangulated it's
intestines. It had the snare pulled tight down to the
diameter of a dime (just large enough to encircle the
spine) around the waist area.

This cats snarled, and attacked. Trying to extricate this cat
was exceedingly difficult, not to mention dangerous. Because
I feared damage to the intestines and death of the gut, I
imagined this cat was not likely to survive.

It would have been much simpler to dispatch the unfortunate
cat and take out the dead body. Instead, this cat wore a
collar. it deserved a chance, and the owner deserved closure.
(no id on the collar) .

It escaped, just as I released it and it couldn't be taken to
the vet for examination. I will probably never know if this
particular cat survives the experience or not.

People in the area were aware that trapping was being done and
apparently still let their cats run free, b oth endangered by
the traps and by the coyotes being targeted that are causing a
problem with their cat population.

Had that cat not been wearing a collar, I would not have tried
to release this hostile cat. Releasing it may not have been a
kindness, but then... cats weren't supposed to be attracted to
this type of trap, in this position, and then they weren't
supposed to go ape, to get themselves in this situation.
If you like your pet, you keep them home.

======================================



Dr Pepper
2004-02-01 12:54:37 EST
I don't know who this jerk is, (puppy wizard) but he has sure chased
me off this group!

THANX, you crossposting asshole!

Ron C.
===============================================================

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 16:43:53 GMT, "The Puppy Wizard"
<*d@earthlink.net> wrote:

>HOWEDY diddler,
>
>"diddy" <diddy@nospam.diddy.net> wrote in message
>news:Xns947C51E998EB4danny@216.196.97.132...
>> Dr Pepper <DrPepper@iwvisp.com> wrote in
>> news:emag00ttdd3r0gbjcv0gs0usrn71oihird@4ax.com:
>>
>> > Our ten year old female Doxie has recently
>> > started peeing in the house for no apparent reason,
>> >
>> My 13 year old dog recently started having accidents
>> in the house. Of course, as Amy suggested to you, I
>> took him to the vet, as i do everytime there are behavior
>> changes.
>
>That so, diddler? Is that the same vet who's office
>kitty you let your dogs rip to shreds? Is that the
>same vet you took Danny to after he'd been locked
>in an HOWEtbuilding in a crate to muffle his crying
>and whining and barking cause he had an abdominal
>obstruction from swallowing STUFF he'd destructively
>chewed, till he was shittin blood, diddler?
>
>> He gave him ppa which stopped the leaks
>> (which help some dogs, but not others)
>
>The OP's dog doesn't want to go HOWET in the cold.
>You think your vet got a shot for that, diddler?
>
>> And there are other medication that are available
>> if that doesn't work.
>
>Your vet got a medication for dogs not wantin
>to go HOWET in the cold, diddler?
>
>> In the meantime, my vet said it was caused by
>> muscle laxity, and suggested that I exercise him.
>
>What, with all the love and attention you give your dogs, diddler?
>
>> He slipped on ice last spring and broke a shoulder
>> that will never heal. So I stopped exercising him.
>
>Well, if your exercise caused him to get hurt perhaps
>you shoulda stopped exercising him before he got hurt?
>
>> My vet said, that was the root of my problem.
>
>Your vet needs to see a psychiatrist. Your problem
>is you're a DOG ABUSER and a liar and a coward
>and a mental case, diddler.
>
>> I would do a GREAT service to my dog if I got
>> him out and exercised him, even though we know
>> he has to live with a broken shoulder the rest of
>> his life.
>
>Yeah. The question was the dog peein in the HOWES,
>diddler. Remember?
>
>> He said looooong walks at a slow pace.
>
>That's nice, diddler. Take a long walk. Enjoy
>killin sumpthin live. Have a nice day. But don't
>have it HERE, cause you're a liar and a dog
>abuser and a mental case, diddler.
>
>> He said he did his part, now I had to do mine.
>
>You can't post here abHOWETS noMOORE.
>
>> Dubious that long slow walks would do anything,
>
>They probably won't break the other shoulder...
>
>> I started taking him. He no longer has accidents
>> and was able to drop his medications for that.
>
>IOW, the medication wasn't necessary.
>
>
>Here's diddler at her best:
>
>WHEN YOU CAN'T FIND ANY CATS TO SHOOT,
>SHOOT HUNGRY DOGS INSTEAD FOR GETTING
>IN THE GARBAGE
>
>From: diddy (diddy@diddy.net)
>Subject: Re: Dog Shot, Neighbor Charged, Anchorage AK
>
>Date: 2002-11-08 07:00:27 PST
>
>I guess if I felt Danny was threatened, it's the way
>I would react. There would be none left standing
>to deal with the threat just in case.
>
>If someone hurt him, I would not let borders or
>continents stop me from pursuing justice.
>
>Then again, I always feed Danny INSIDE. If
>someone is feeding his dog outside, his own
>dog might not mean THAT much to him.
>
>If he was feeding his dog outside though, many
>dogs are food aggressive, and that could most
>certainly spark a dog aggression thing.
>
>(and if the dog was penned quietly outside, what
>was it doing in his yard?)
>
>I shot a neighbors dog one night for chasing my
>horses and called him to help me find it. I would
>do the same for threatening my dog.
>
>My husband shot a dog that had been tearing up
>trash up and down our road for years making an
>unbelievable mess.
>
>When we finally killed the culprit, the whole road
>cheered. Animal control had never been able in
>years to catch this critter. (we think it was feral it
>was certainly unkempt enough to have been....
>and it had been shot at by MANY of the neighbors,
>but it never frightened it off enough to keep it from
>NOT tearing up the road the next trash day)
>
>---------------------------------
>
>diddy (diddy@nospam.diddy.net)
>Subject: Oh My God
>
>Two nights ago, Reka started acting frantic about 11pm.
>I let her out. It's coyote breeding season, and she is fascinated
>by them. I assumed she wanted to go out and listen to them
>howling. I brought her in, and she spent the night franticly and
>desperately demanding to go out.
>
>After about 4am, I finally put her in the barn, locked
>securely in a horse stall for the night.
>
>She came in by morning, and had a normal active, playful
>day. Last night, at 11pm, She franticly DEMANDED to go
>out. I let her out, and brought her in. At midnight, she
>DEMANDED to be let out. I let her out, but I went out
>to the barn and got a crate, and decided she could
>spend the rest of the night in the crate. We were NOT
>going to do a repeat of the previous night AGAIN.
>
>At 3am, she whined so loudly, I then decided not to
>allow her to set a precedence of this type of behavior.
>So I took her crate out to the heated gun shop and
>decided to let her act out her bad behavior in peace,
>and send a message that her obnoxious behavior
>was not going to be tolerated.
>
>This morning at 6am, I went out, and she had vomited
>(normal looking dog food) and defecated in her crate
>(not normal for Reka, but then, She normally didn't
>sleep in a crate, NEVER gets corrected (she never does
>anything to GET corrected for) and was probably nerves
>from the outside experience, plus reprimand and solitary
>confinement.)
>
>I let her in the house while I cleaned the cage. Hoping
>I had made my point. She acted healthy and normal, and
>playful and chipper. But then I noticed a spot of blood on
>the bathroom linoleum and in the bathtub. I was the last to
>take a bath, so I knew REKA was the last in the tub.
>
>That blood didnt come from me, so it HAD to come from
>Reka. Thinking about her nearing the end of her heat cycle,
>I still didnt think a lot about it. I thought her obnoxious
>behavior the past couple nights WAS her heat cycle..
>and corresponding coyote breeding season.
>
>Then while feeding her breakfast, I saw the whole story.
>She had blood (fresh) streaming from her RECTUM. UhOh.
>
>I had her at the vets office this morning before he
>opened. He just said her intestines were all bunched
>up with huge air pockets.
>
>Was there any chance that she ate strings of carpets? I
>said, last Thursday we took a plastic tarp out of the yard
>that we had over the grill to protect it from the weather
>because she was chewing it. That would explain
>EVERYTHING.
>
>The strings are binding and bunching up her intestines,
>cutting her internally and tying her intestines in knots as
>it works its way through.
>
>Reka is in a very critical situation. She is going to
>require extensive and expensive surgery that I cant
>afford. I will manage.
>
>Even with the surgery, her condition will be critical
>for awhile. Scary thoughts. I would never have
>treated her the way I did last night, if I had even a
>clue that she was sick. I feel so badly.

Page: 1 2   Next  (First | Last)


2020 - UsenetArchives.com | Contact Us | Privacy | Stats | Site Search
Become our Patron