Dog Discussion: Staffordshire Bull Terrier

Staffordshire Bull Terrier

Laurie
2004-01-14 07:33:12 EST
i have a 5 year old male staffordshire bull terrier Rocky, he is a
cuddly dog but he is agressive to other dogs. i'm considering getting
another dog to make a companion for me and Rocky, is there a type of
dog that he'll not be agressive to or is thar a daft question???

Laurie
The Glasgow Lass

KrisHur
2004-01-14 09:05:28 EST
Unfortunately this is a breed trait and even if you had super-socialized him
as a puppy it's not a guarantee that he would not turn dog aggressive. He
can still be a great family pet, just keep him away from other dogs and
never let him off lead in an unfenced area.

For more information on your breed see:
http://clubs.akc.org/sbtci/
Especially take a look at the section "Nature of the Beast" and see the
temperament section.
--
Kristen and
Kali CDX, CGC, TDIA, TT

"Laurie" <lauraelizabethdunn@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> i have a 5 year old male staffordshire bull terrier Rocky, he is a
> cuddly dog but he is agressive to other dogs. i'm considering getting
> another dog to make a companion for me and Rocky, is there a type of
> dog that he'll not be agressive to or is thar a daft question???
>

> Laurie
> The Glasgow Lass

The Puppy Wizard
2004-01-14 21:23:37 EST
You're a MENTAL CASE a LIAR and a DOG ABUSER.

"KrisHur" <kris_brock@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Unfortunately this is a breed trait and even if you had
super-socialized him
> as a puppy it's not a guarantee that he would not turn dog
aggressive. He
> can still be a great family pet, just keep him away from other
dogs and
> never let him off lead in an unfenced area.
>
> For more information on your breed see:
> http://clubs.akc.org/sbtci/
> Especially take a look at the section "Nature of the Beast" and
see the
> temperament section.
> --
> Kristen and
> Kali CDX, CGC, TDIA, TT
> www.kristenandkali.com
>

> "Laurie" <lauraelizabethdunn@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> > i have a 5 year old male staffordshire bull terrier Rocky, he
is a
> > cuddly dog but he is agressive to other dogs. i'm considering
getting
> > another dog to make a companion for me and Rocky, is there a
type of
> > dog that he'll not be agressive to or is thar a daft
question???

> > Laurie
> > The Glasgow Lass

Alan Carter
2004-01-15 16:00:36 EST
I've finally seen the light and realised what a sick, demented tosser the
Puppy Wizard really is. He's now blocked.

"The Puppy Wizard" <ThePuppyWizard@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> You're a MENTAL CASE a LIAR and a DOG ABUSER.
>
> "KrisHur" <kris_brock@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Unfortunately this is a breed trait and even if you had
> super-socialized him
> > as a puppy it's not a guarantee that he would not turn dog
> aggressive. He
> > can still be a great family pet, just keep him away from other
> dogs and
> > never let him off lead in an unfenced area.
> >
> > For more information on your breed see:
> > http://clubs.akc.org/sbtci/
> > Especially take a look at the section "Nature of the Beast" and
> see the
> > temperament section.
> > --
> > Kristen and
> > Kali CDX, CGC, TDIA, TT
> > www.kristenandkali.com
> >

> > "Laurie" <lauraelizabethdunn@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> > > i have a 5 year old male staffordshire bull terrier Rocky, he
> is a
> > > cuddly dog but he is agressive to other dogs. i'm considering
> getting
> > > another dog to make a companion for me and Rocky, is there a
> type of
> > > dog that he'll not be agressive to or is thar a daft
> question???
> > >

> > > Laurie
> > > The Glasgow Lass

BHK
2004-01-15 20:17:34 EST
Yes........I blocked the Puppy Wizard too.
"Alan Carter" <alky@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
> I've finally seen the light and realised what a sick, demented tosser the
> Puppy Wizard really is. He's now blocked.
>

> "The Puppy Wizard" <ThePuppyWizard@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> > You're a MENTAL CASE a LIAR and a DOG ABUSER.
> >
> > "KrisHur" <kris_brock@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > Unfortunately this is a breed trait and even if you had
> > super-socialized him
> > > as a puppy it's not a guarantee that he would not turn dog
> > aggressive. He
> > > can still be a great family pet, just keep him away from other
> > dogs and
> > > never let him off lead in an unfenced area.
> > >
> > > For more information on your breed see:
> > > http://clubs.akc.org/sbtci/
> > > Especially take a look at the section "Nature of the Beast" and
> > see the
> > > temperament section.
> > > --
> > > Kristen and
> > > Kali CDX, CGC, TDIA, TT
> > > www.kristenandkali.com
> > >

> > > "Laurie" <lauraelizabethdunn@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> > is a
> > getting
> > type of
> > question???

Sue Cairns
2004-01-16 22:14:10 EST
Hi Laurie,

I have a Staffy Cross Bull Terrier and is exactly the same as your Rocky.
She is such a sook and loves lots of cuddles ALL THE TIME, and is excellent
with kids too but if another dog comes into the picture, she changes. She
gets abit aggressive and will go another dog without even thinking about it.
Although, this tends to happen only if I make a fuss of another dog or if we
are home in familiar surroundings.

When we go to the Dog beach, she is great. No threat to anyone. Infact the
real social butterfly. I guess it is all territorial. I have noticed
however, if I keep her on a leash she growls and makes alot of noise. But
once off the leash she is fantastic..

I have learned never to make a fuss of another dog when she is around.

I do notice that the type of dogs she chooses to be anti-social with tend to
be of similar breed. Other dogs no problem.

Good luck..

Sue

Laurie <lauraelizabethdunn@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> i have a 5 year old male staffordshire bull terrier Rocky, he is a
> cuddly dog but he is agressive to other dogs. i'm considering getting
> another dog to make a companion for me and Rocky, is there a type of
> dog that he'll not be agressive to or is thar a daft question???
>

> Laurie
> The Glasgow Lass

The Puppy Wizard
2004-01-16 23:08:23 EST
HOWEDY Sue,

"Sue Cairns" <scairns@iinet.net.au> wrote in message
> Hi Laurie,
>
> I have a Staffy Cross Bull Terrier and is exactly the
> same as your Rocky.

Well then, you must be MISHANDLING him EXXXACTLY
the same as Laurie.

> She is such a sook and loves lots of cuddles ALL THE TIME,

You mean, she shows SUBMISSION.

> and is excellent with kids too but if another dog
> comes into the picture, she changes.

She becomes AFRAID.

> She gets a bit aggressive

ALL aggression is FEAR.

> and will go another dog without even thinking about it.

It's a REFLEX. That means it's EZ to EXXXTINGUISH.

> Although, this tends to happen only if I make a
> fuss of another dog or if we are home in familiar
> surroundings.

NO PROBLEMO. That's EZ to CURE. But you gotta
know HOWE.

> When we go to the Dog beach, she is great. No
> threat to anyone. Infact the real social butterfly.
> I guess it is all territorial.

That, and MISHANDLING.

> I have noticed however, if I keep her on a leash
>she growls and makes alot of noise.

That's cause you RESTRAIN her.

> But once off the leash she is fantastic..

THAT'S HOWE COME you gottta learn HOWE
to pupperly handle the lead and NOT CHOKE
or PULL.

> I have learned never to make a fuss of another
> dog when she is around.

We can break that, too.

> I do notice that the type of dogs she chooses to
> be anti-social with tend to be of similar breed.
> Other dogs no problem.

Even BETTER.

> Good luck..

Dog trainin ain't LUCK. "Luck is for SUCKERS," The
Puppy Wizard's DADDY.

> Sue

Here's Nevyn's case history. Nevyn is
nHOWE working as a professional trainer:

From: Nevyn (alien4@wasp.net.au)
Subject: Newsgroups: rec. pets. dogs. behavior
Date: 2002-03-01 03:15:50 PST

Hello

I have two mungrel females; the breeds exactly
are Blue Heeler spots) x Kelpi (dominant genes)
x American Pitbull (behavioural) x Pug (don't laugh!).

They are gentle loving dogs when I'm at home with
them, and they are friendly with unknown people.
They are sisters. One is obviously dominant over
the other, and I don't have a problem with that, however;

Their behaviour is very odd. Some days they
are very good whilst I'm walking them, some
days they are not. They are 3 years old and
have only been walking for about 12 months
because my mom didn't walk them and now
I'm home so I walk them for about an hour
and half every afternoon. I take them to the
park where they chase birds and swim in the lake.

This is my problem :

The less-dominant dog viscously barks at every
other dog we walk past; I have tried using a stick
and giving her a tap when she does it, and treating
her with treats when she doesn't, using a choke
chain, a muzzle and a thing that sprays stuff in her
mouth when she barks.

She won't stop! Does anyone know how I can stop her? ]

Also, the more-dominant dog seems to know
this is WRONG, when the other dog barks,
she doesn't bark, but she nips at the other
dog as if telling her to cut it out, and then the
barking one attacks the more-dominant one
and they fight on the leash... it is quite
disturbing to the people walking past.

And also the more-dominant one is okay around
other dogs... SOMETIMES... sometimes she
completely ignores them, and yet other times she
will attack them, like yesterday. The less dominant
one I must keep on a leash if a person brings there
dog to the park.

How do I stop them attacking other dogs? I have
tried all the methods I have used above for 10
months every afternoon.

Is it just a pac k-behaviour thing?

It can really be quite embarrassing when your
dogs attack some old lady's or little girl's dog.

They are good dogs, when at home or when there
are no other dogs around. Today there were hundreds
of sparrows flying around the park and they were chasing
them and jumping up trying to catch them for more than
90 minutes (They went straight to bed when I bought them home!).

Can anyone help me?

Email me at my emails address, alien4@wasp.net.au
coz this list is tooo crowded.

Thanks,
Nevyn

=======================

HOWEDY Group,

Here some SUCCESS STORIES ive had
using JERRY'S MANUAL

1) My dogz, two bitches - Vicious, barking, aggressive,
pulled on leash, wanted to kill any dogs they saw, fought
between each other. TWO WEEKS using Jerry's manual,
they were calm, friends, my companions.

2) ADDED A BEAGLE PUPPY (male) to my "PACK", the
girls had -NO PROBLEMS- with him from the moment I
dropped him by their noses.

3) My FRIENDS dogs 2 MALES barking and jumping
at the fence all night 3 DAYS TRAINING WITH JERRY'S
MANUAL they were CALMED AND HAVEN'T BARKED ONCE!

Added a NEW MALE DOG (2 yrs old) AND
WELCOMED HIM WITH NO WUCKAS !

4) POODLE that ATE food from the KITCHEN BENCH -
lock him in a box? NO! USE JERRYS MANUAL! 4 DAYS
AND HES NEVER DONE IT SINCE!

5) ABUSED DOGS AT THE SHELTER I WORK AT -
HAD TO BE FED WITH A BUCKET ON A STICK -
ONE WEEK ON JERRYS MANUAL, THE SUPERVISOR
TOLD ME TO PUT THEM IN THE PUBLIC KENNELS
FOR SALE !

Quite amazing to - I thought they were just dull coloured
dogs, but after I had removed the fear and anxiety their
hairs coloured up amazingly.

6) STAFFY FEMALE who would NOT DROP HER
BALL! She carried it around all day and night - 3
DAYS on jerrys MANUAL and she now DROPS
it when u ASK her to!

BWHWHAHAHAHAAHA !!!!

Nevyn

============

Nevyn writes:

Jerry I cannot even begin to tell you the success
I've had with your training manual! My two mutts
have gone from out-of-control psychos to obedient
well behaved companions within a matter of weeks!

AND My friends have seen the success and have
asked me to work on their dogs!

I was working with a 5 month old Ridgeback female
today and she was being an angel after like an hour
of working with her!

It is AMAZING!!

I pity those fools who take their dogs to classes
where the "Trainers" abuse their dogs! (do they
have a degree? A masters? a Phd? by the way?

NO they are average joes off the street who think
they know how to train dogs!)

Once again, Jerry, you are a genius!

NEVYN and my Dogs, Rizzo and Midget, My Grandparents
dogs, Dusty and Snoopy, and my friends pup, Jazz.

================

Here's a discussion I just had with Nevyn, who wrote in here
about four weeks ago with some dog aggression problems
and THEN some.

Never give out your password or credit card number in an
instant message conversation.

Nevyn says:
hello Jerry.

Jerry says:
HOWEDY Nevyn

Nevyn says:
How are you?

Jerry says:
sup?

Nevyn says:
Oh nothing

Nevyn says:

My dogs are alot better now!

Jerry says:
fine

Jerry says:
tell me

Nevyn says:
I can walk them on or off the leash and they
don't give a #@% about other dogs

Jerry says:
naah

Nevyn says:
I can let them inside and they wont eat the cats

Jerry says:
naah

Nevyn says:
Yup

Jerry says:
what did you do, buy a shock collar?

Nevyn says:
No

Nevyn says:
Praised them

Jerry says:
ahh!

Jerry says:
you think they're 100% better

Nevyn says:
'cept they still bark at the neighbour but only
coz he swears at them and pours water on them

Nevyn says:
nahh they still have stinky breath!

Nevyn says:
muahaha

Jerry says:
ok

Jerry says:
I'll go for that

Jerry says:
it'll take a couple more days to break the neighbor thing if
you're
consistent

Jerry says:
then he won't swear and throw water at them

Nevyn says:
yeah but he's only out on the weekends

Jerry says:
but they'll still have stinky breath

Nevyn says:
muahahaha

Jerry says:
you gonna write the group and tell them they're suckin hind
teat?

Nevyn says:
eh

Nevyn says:
nah

Nevyn says:
cant

Nevyn says:
my news server isn't workin

Nevyn says:
how about u just screenshot or copy this chat and post it

Jerry says:
why not.

Nevyn says:
sorry been tryin all day to get on the news server

Jerry says:
you got anything you'd like to tell the dog lovers
who would prefer to see you choke and shock
and lock your dogs in a box?

Jerry says:
I guess you don't want to tell them nuthin that they don't
already know, huh?

Nevyn says:
hah

Nevyn says:
tell them they're fuckers who need to die

Nevyn says:
dogs aren't for abusing they are for loving they love so much

Jerry says:
that's HOWE COME they got me now

Jerry says:
howe much training time did it take for the two of 'em?

Nevyn says:
pfftt

Nevyn says:
it didn't even seem like training

Nevyn says:
its been 24 days since I got your manual

Jerry says:
pfffttt!!!!

Jerry says:
hhahahahaha

Jerry says:
have you got that feeling that they're in tune
with EVERYTHING you're wanting them to do?

Jerry says:
I forgot what city you're in.

Jerry says:
maybe if you're near alphalpha sweeny you
can swing by and LAUGH your ass off at him
growling at his dogs???

Jerry says:
BWWWHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!

Nevyn says:
LOL

Nevyn says:
I'm in Perth, Australia!

Nevyn says:
and yes they do seem to be in tune

=====================

Nevyn says:
oh!! the other day my dogs went into submissive position when
a tiny little toy poodle came up barking at them! !LOL

Jerry says:
EXCELLENT!

Nevyn says:
lol

Jerry says:
they knew they didn't need to fight, cause everything was in
your expert control.

Keep up the good work. j;~)
-----------------

Nevyn" <alien4@wasp.net.au> wrote in message

Hi There Jerry

Its Nevyn. Sorry Ive not been posting, but these lying
scum buckets like Alphuck Sweeny and such really
piss me off; And Ive been working weekend work at
the tracks with the greyhounds (thanks to you!).

Well my dogs are the envy of all on my street. I can
have them out in the yard with me, take them walking
without a leash, they will do any command with no
hesitation. And they don't bark anymore! Thanks to
your machine!

Oh yeah, I loaned your machine to several friends
and family -- Here are some reports:

"I would say my dogs are well trained, but they suffer
severe anxiety when no body is home. This machine
quietened them almost instantly - still they barked,
in the beginning, but just one or two barks. Then
slowly they just stopped... beginning to bark, then
instantly stopping.

It took only 2 weeks, and we did nothing.

Truly amazing;

I have recommomeded it to my family, and perhaps
they will buy one. Its a shame you don't sell them publicly".
-- Kylie, 30, on dogs Lili (11 yr mutt bitch) and Sheeba (4 yr
Rotty X)

"My two dogs barked insanely when someone would
go past. With this little machine they quietened right
down, and even became partly obedient, and we did
nothing!

Great stuff.

We ran it only on the lowest setting, too!"
- Ed, 65, on his two male Dobermans, 5 yrs old.

Well I have some more, and am collecting more,
but I only have one machine so its a slow process.
Once again I say thankyou Jerry! My family was
on the verge of giving them up! :(

But no longer :)