Dog Discussion: Dogs And Water- Weird Question

Dogs And Water- Weird Question

Kitty
2003-12-23 17:41:40 EST
Why do my dogs rush up to me after I get out of the shower to lick my legs?
I have a waterbowl always filled with water in the bathroom so I know they
aren't thirsty.

TIA

Chris Garcia
2003-12-23 23:57:47 EST
"kitty" <purr@meeooo.com> decided to join the conversation on 23 Dec
2003 with message news:Ew3Gb.463247$275.1353589@attbi_s53:

> Why do my dogs rush up to me after I get out of the shower to lick my
> legs? I have a waterbowl always filled with water in the bathroom so I
> know they aren't thirsty.

One of mine does the same thing.. weird.

--
-Chris
http://www.ChrisGarcia.com

ZPL
2003-12-24 00:01:02 EST
My ferrets do it too. And everyone likes to try and lick the shower dry...
The soap? The warm water?

"Chris Garcia" <NcOhSrPiAsM@chrisgarcia.com> wrote in message
> "kitty" <purr@meeooo.com> decided to join the conversation on 23 Dec
> 2003 with message news:Ew3Gb.463247$275.1353589@attbi_s53:
>
> > Why do my dogs rush up to me after I get out of the shower to lick my
> > legs? I have a waterbowl always filled with water in the bathroom so I
> > know they aren't thirsty.
>
> One of mine does the same thing.. weird.
>
> --
> -Chris
> http://www.ChrisGarcia.com

Alan Carter
2003-12-24 16:08:11 EST
I do it too when my wife gets out of the shower. For me, it's sexual
deviancy but I'm not sure if it's the same for dogs!!! FWIW, my dog
(Dalmatian) doesn't do it. I suppose one deviat in the house is enough :-)

"kitty" <purr@meeooo.com> wrote in message
> Why do my dogs rush up to me after I get out of the shower to lick my
legs?
> I have a waterbowl always filled with water in the bathroom so I know they
> aren't thirsty.
>
> TIA

The Puppy Wizard
2003-12-24 22:06:04 EST
Could be for the fat in the soap...

"ZPL" <ZPL@cox.net> wrote in message
> My ferrets do it too. And everyone likes to try and lick the
shower dry...
> The soap? The warm water?
>
> "Chris Garcia" <NcOhSrPiAsM@chrisgarcia.com> wrote in message
> > "kitty" <purr@meeooo.com> decided to join the conversation on
23 Dec
> > 2003 with message news:Ew3Gb.463247$275.1353589@attbi_s53:
> >
> > > Why do my dogs rush up to me after I get out of the shower
to lick my
> > > legs? I have a waterbowl always filled with water in the
bathroom so I
> > > know they aren't thirsty.
> >
> > One of mine does the same thing.. weird.
> >
> > --
> > -Chris
> > http://www.ChrisGarcia.com

Chris Garcia
2003-12-25 08:13:17 EST
"The Puppy Wizard" <ThePuppyWizard@earthlink.net> decided to join the
conversation on 24 Dec 2003 with message news:wusGb.8398$IM3.1978
@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net:

> Could be for the fat in the soap...
>
> "ZPL" <ZPL@cox.net> wrote in message
>> My ferrets do it too. And everyone likes to try and lick the
> shower dry...
>> The soap? The warm water?

I usually use body wash.. which i don't think has fat in it.

--
-Chris
http://www.ChrisGarcia.com

ZPL
2003-12-25 11:45:34 EST
They all have some type of "moisturizer" I guess.