Dog Discussion: Picture Of A$$hole Pitbull Owner - Freeman !

Picture Of A$$hole Pitbull Owner - Freeman !

Ban Fighting Dogs
2003-12-13 16:50:45 EST
http://images.ibsys.com/2003/1213/2703583_200X150.jpg

http://www.local6.com/news/2703554/detail.html

--
Ban Fighting Dogs

Advise Your Local Politician

No One Else Needs To Be Hurt !

Michael A. Ball
2003-12-13 19:32:52 EST
On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 21:50:45 GMT, "Ban Fighting Dogs" <ban@fighting.com>
wrote:

>http://www.local6.com/news/2703554/detail.html

Thank you for the URL. This sort of news needs to be widely disseminated. It
is a very sad story.

It seems the stories you cite always involve worthless dog owners. (I suspect
inept municipal animal control will bear some responsibility, and liability,
in this case.)

I wonder why you don't focus on banning unqualified Pit Bull owners, instead
of the breed. After all, Pit Bulls with suitable owners simply don't seem to
be a problem.

As I was nose-to-nose with a Pit Bull today, at the shelter, I thought of your
odd campaign.

Michael
Whatever it takes.

Ban Fighting Dogs
2003-12-13 20:10:20 EST

"Michael A. Ball" <Guardian@wireco.net> wrote in message
> On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 21:50:45 GMT, "Ban Fighting Dogs" <ban@fighting.com>
> wrote:
>
> >http://www.local6.com/news/2703554/detail.html
>
> Thank you for the URL. This sort of news needs to be widely disseminated.
It
> is a very sad story.

Yes, but not uncommon :(

> It seems the stories you cite always involve worthless dog owners. (I
suspect
> inept municipal animal control will bear some responsibility, and
liability,
> in this case.)

Possibly, but they may be limited by their resources. I like to think it is
bad government who _can_ do something about this scourge if they choose too.
I cite UK, Australia and New Zealand as recent examples of a whole nation
recognizing and dealing with the issue.

> I wonder why you don't focus on banning unqualified Pit Bull owners,
instead
> of the breed. After all, Pit Bulls with suitable owners simply don't seem
> be a problem.

It will never work, if *anyone* can buy a Pitbull. Why do we require
fighting dogs at all, in particular in a city or urban environment ? Are we
allowed to keep alligators or pythons as pets ? We have to draw the line
somewhere.

> As I was nose-to-nose with a Pit Bull today, at the shelter, I thought of
your
> odd campaign.

'odd' to you, but as noted above many first world nations now have bans on
pitbulls or strict regulations. In additions, many cities in Canada and the
USA have them too.

> Michael
> Whatever it takes.

Whatever it takes

Peace :)

There is only one solution:

--
Ban Fighting Dogs

Advise Your Local Politician

No One Else Needs To Be Hurt !

Charlie Wilkes
2003-12-13 21:22:41 EST
On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 01:10:20 GMT, "Ban Fighting Dogs"
<*n@fighting.com> wrote:

>Whatever it takes
>
>Peace :)
>
>There is only one solution:
>
>--
>Ban Fighting Dogs
>
>Advise Your Local Politician
>
>No One Else Needs To Be Hurt !

The devil is in the details, don't you think? How do we define
fighting dogs? Obviously, if you got a pit bull with tooth marks on
its face, it's probably a fighting dog. But, what about the dog of
uncertain origin that looks like it might have some pit bull in his
blood but no history of causing problems? You draft your proposed
legislation and post it here and we'll see what you come up with, ok?

Charlie

Ban Fighting Dogs
2003-12-13 21:49:31 EST
"Charlie Wilkes" <charlie_wilkes@users.easynews.com> wrote in message
> On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 01:10:20 GMT, "Ban Fighting Dogs"
> <ban@fighting.com> wrote:
>
> >Whatever it takes
> >
> >Peace :)
> >
> >There is only one solution:
> >
> >--
> >Ban Fighting Dogs
> >
> >Advise Your Local Politician
> >
> >No One Else Needs To Be Hurt !
>
> The devil is in the details, don't you think? How do we define
> fighting dogs? Obviously, if you got a pit bull with tooth marks on
> its face, it's probably a fighting dog. But, what about the dog of
> uncertain origin that looks like it might have some pit bull in his
> blood but no history of causing problems? You draft your proposed
> legislation and post it here and we'll see what you come up with, ok?
>
> Charlie

The combination potentials are endless, no ban laws have been drafted
identically. It will be up to elected officials to decide what the people
they represent want, here are some examples:

http://www.dlgrd.wa.gov.au/pub/docs/Dog/Dog%20(Restricted%20Breeds)%20Regulations%202002.pdf

http://www.staffordmall.com/bsl-germany.htm

http://strawdogsbatosa1.homestead.com/countriesthatban.html

http://www.denvergov.org/AnimalControl/template15021.asp

http://www.edmonton.ca/portal/server.pt/gateway/PTARGS_0_2_267_0_0_47/http://cmsserver/COEWeb/household/pets/restricted+dogs.htm

http://www.senato.it/bgt/ShowDoc.asp?leg=13&id=00006865&tipodoc=Ddlpres&modo=PRODUZIONE

http://www.co.oakland.mi.us/boc/assets/docs/minutes/min_00/101900.pdf

http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2002/Bills/A3000/2906_I1.HTM

http://www.bdm.govt.nz/diawebsite.NSF/Files/DogAct03/$file/DogAct03.pdf

http://www.dogwatch.net/alerts/michigan.html

http://www.angelfire.com/biz6/dogholocaust/portugal.html

http://www.hmso.gov.uk/acts/acts1991/Ukpga_19910065_en_1.htm

There are many other similiar examples out there.

As you can see this 'odd' idea as you call it, is no longer odd. It is
sweeping first world nations as people demand action.

These are the facts and law in regard to fighting dogs.

There is only one solution:

--
Ban Fighting Dogs

Advise Your Local Politician

No One Else Needs To Be Hurt !

Jokerpit
2003-12-13 23:18:07 EST
Wrong agian Charlie!!!!! A couple of my dogs have teethmarks on
its face as you say and they have never been near the pit
fool.....

"Charlie Wilkes" <charlie_wilkes@users.easynews.com> wrote in
message news:bkintvspjddupnhcrtnv2s5vn5rv5ou7pk@4ax.com...
: On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 01:10:20 GMT, "Ban Fighting Dogs"
: <ban@fighting.com> wrote:
:
: >Whatever it takes
: >
: >Peace :)
: >
: >There is only one solution:
: >
: >--
: >Ban Fighting Dogs
: >
[...]

2003-12-13 23:19:11 EST
BAN THE RETARDS THAT WANT TO BAN A BREED OF ANIMAL WHAT A BUNCH
OF SHIT YOU ARE
"Ban Fighting Dogs" <ban@fighting.com> wrote in message
: "Charlie Wilkes" <charlie_wilkes@users.easynews.com> wrote in
message
: news:bkintvspjddupnhcrtnv2s5vn5rv5ou7pk@4ax.com...
: > On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 01:10:20 GMT, "Ban Fighting Dogs"
: > <ban@fighting.com> wrote:
: >
: > >Whatever it takes
: > >
: > >Peace :)
: > >
: > >There is only one solution:
: > >
: > >--
: > >Ban Fighting Dogs
: > >
[...]
: --
: Ban Fighting Dogs
:
: Advise Your Local Politician
:
: No One Else Needs To Be Hurt !
:
:

Michael A. Ball
2003-12-13 23:34:54 EST
On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 01:10:20 GMT, "Ban Fighting Dogs" <ban@fighting.com>
wrote:

>It will never work, if *anyone* can buy a Pitbull. Why do we require
>fighting dogs at all, in particular in a city or urban environment ? Are we
>allowed to keep alligators or pythons as pets ? We have to draw the line
>somewhere.
>
>> As I was nose-to-nose with a Pit Bull today, at the shelter, I thought of
>your odd campaign.
>
>'odd' to you, but as noted above many first world nations now have bans on
>pitbulls or strict regulations. In additions, many cities in Canada and the
>USA have them too.

Okay: I, too, favor strict regulations (not be confused with penalties) for
owning certain breeds. As a Chow Chow lover, I wish everyone who wants one had
to give a detailed history of the breed, jump through firey hoops and be in
two places at once, before they could buy a Chow Chow. Yes, that's fecitious,
but I think you get my point.

Restrictions for ownership is far different, and far better than, banning a
breed.

I think it is legal to own a python: wacko, but legal.

I agree, we do have to draw the line. Should ownership of certain breeds be an
earned privilege rather than a right? Maybe so. You use the term "fighting
dogs"; do you have a suggested list of them?

I can't support a breed ban, but I'd gladly support earning the right to
possess certain breeds.

Michael
Whatever it takes.

Michael A. Ball
2003-12-13 23:42:46 EST
On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 21:18:07 -0700, "Jokerpit" <BulldogJustice@pitbull.net>
wrote:

>Wrong agian Charlie!!!!! A couple of my dogs have teethmarks on
>its face as you say and they have never been near the pit
>fool.....

Charlie Wilkes wrote in
>message news:bkintvspjddupnhcrtnv2s5vn5rv5ou7pk@4ax.com...

>Obviously, if you got a pit bull with tooth marks on
>: its face, it's probably a fighting dog.

You're correct: tooth marks do not certify pit time, but note Charlie Wilkes'
use of the word "probably". Is that too strong? Probably, it is.

Do you ever post anything constructive? It's just rhetorical.

Michael
Whatever it takes.

Charlie Wilkes
2003-12-14 08:32:30 EST
On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 02:49:31 GMT, "Ban Fighting Dogs"
<*n@fighting.com> wrote:

>"Charlie Wilkes" <charlie_wilkes@users.easynews.com> wrote in message
>> On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 01:10:20 GMT, "Ban Fighting Dogs"
>> <ban@fighting.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Whatever it takes
>> >
>> >Peace :)
>> >
>> >There is only one solution:
>> >
>> >--
>> >Ban Fighting Dogs
>> >
>> >Advise Your Local Politician
>> >
>> >No One Else Needs To Be Hurt !
>>
>> The devil is in the details, don't you think? How do we define
>> fighting dogs? Obviously, if you got a pit bull with tooth marks on
>> its face, it's probably a fighting dog. But, what about the dog of
>> uncertain origin that looks like it might have some pit bull in his
>> blood but no history of causing problems? You draft your proposed
>> legislation and post it here and we'll see what you come up with, ok?
>>
>> Charlie
>
>The combination potentials are endless, no ban laws have been drafted
>identically. It will be up to elected officials to decide what the people
>they represent want, here are some examples:

OK. I looked through this material. It is a poorly organized
mish-mash of dog-related ordinances and notes. It tells me nothing of
interest.

What is your agenda? Did someone in your family get killed by a
vicious dog?

Charlie