Dog Discussion: Man Shoots, Kills Pitbull That Charged At Family

Man Shoots, Kills Pitbull That Charged At Family

Ban Fighting Dogs
2003-12-10 06:13:46 EST
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/151875_pitbull10.html

Man shoots, kills dog that charged at family

SEATTLE POST-INTELLIGENCER STAFF AND NEWS SERVICES

BELLEVUE -- A man gunned down a pit bull Monday after he said is charged to
within a foot of him and his family. The man's family had been repeatedly
menaced by the dog, Bellevue police Officer Michael Chiu said.

The shooting occurred in the 1600 block of 171st Avenue Northeast about 6
p.m., after the man's wife and child tried to leave their house and were
hemmed in by the dog in the driveway.

When the animal approached them at their vehicle, the mother told her child
not to move and used her cell phone to call her husband in the house. They
then got inside their van.

The husband came out and the dog charged him. The man jumped in his pickup
and retrieved his handgun, Chiu said. The man left the pickup and approached
his wife's van. The family had tried to return to the house when the dog
charged back at them from across the street.

That's when the man shot the dog, which died in the street.

No charges have been filed in the dog's death. "It appears to be
self-defense," Chiu said.

Police had warned the dog's owner hours earlier because of complaints from
other neighbors.

--
Ban Fighting Dogs

Advise Your Local Politician

No One Else Needs To Be Hurt !

Strabo
2003-12-15 11:37:05 EST
On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 11:13:46 GMT, "Ban Fighting Dogs"
<*e@none.com> wrote:

>http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/151875_pitbull10.html
>
>Man shoots, kills dog that charged at family

>SEATTLE POST-INTELLIGENCER STAFF AND NEWS SERVICES

>BELLEVUE -- A man gunned down a pit bull Monday after he said is charged to
>within a foot of him and his family. The man's family had been repeatedly
>menaced by the dog, Bellevue police Officer Michael Chiu said.
>The shooting occurred in the 1600 block of 171st Avenue Northeast about 6
>p.m., after the man's wife and child tried to leave their house and were
>hemmed in by the dog in the driveway.

>When the animal approached them at their vehicle, the mother told her child
>not to move and used her cell phone to call her husband in the house. They
>then got inside their van.

>The husband came out and the dog charged him. The man jumped in his pickup
>and retrieved his handgun, Chiu said. The man left the pickup and approached
>his wife's van. The family had tried to return to the house when the dog
>charged back at them from across the street.
>That's when the man shot the dog, which died in the street.

>No charges have been filed in the dog's death. "It appears to be
>self-defense," Chiu said.
>Police had warned the dog's owner hours earlier because of complaints from
>other neighbors.

>Ban Fighting Dogs

>Advise Your Local Politician

>No One Else Needs To Be Hurt !

That's right. If you make enough laws you can live forever!

Jokerpit
2003-12-15 12:55:49 EST
what a corward
"strabo" <strabo@flashmail.com> wrote in message
: On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 11:13:46 GMT, "Ban Fighting Dogs"
: <none@none.com> wrote:
:
: >http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/151875_pitbull10.html
: >
[...]

Strider
2003-12-15 13:03:27 EST
On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 10:55:49 -0700, "Jokerpit"
<*e@pitbull.net> wrote:

>what a corward

What would you have done, feed your child to the dog and run?

Strider

>"strabo" <strabo@flashmail.com> wrote in message
>: On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 11:13:46 GMT, "Ban Fighting Dogs"
>: <none@none.com> wrote:
>:
>: >http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/151875_pitbull10.html
>: >
>: >Man shoots, kills dog that charged at family
>:
>: >SEATTLE POST-INTELLIGENCER STAFF AND NEWS SERVICES
>:
>: >BELLEVUE -- A man gunned down a pit bull Monday after he said
>is charged to
>: >within a foot of him and his family. The man's family had been
>repeatedly
>: >menaced by the dog, Bellevue police Officer Michael Chiu said.
>: >The shooting occurred in the 1600 block of 171st Avenue
>Northeast about 6
>: >p.m., after the man's wife and child tried to leave their
>house and were
>: >hemmed in by the dog in the driveway.
>:
>: >When the animal approached them at their vehicle, the mother
>told her child
>: >not to move and used her cell phone to call her husband in the
>house. They
>: >then got inside their van.
>:
>: >The husband came out and the dog charged him. The man jumped
>in his pickup
>: >and retrieved his handgun, Chiu said. The man left the pickup
>and approached
>: >his wife's van. The family had tried to return to the house
>when the dog
>: >charged back at them from across the street.
>: >That's when the man shot the dog, which died in the street.
>:
>: >No charges have been filed in the dog's death. "It appears to
>be
>: >self-defense," Chiu said.
>: >Police had warned the dog's owner hours earlier because of
>complaints from
>: >other neighbors.
>:
>: >Ban Fighting Dogs
>:
>: >Advise Your Local Politician
>:
>: >No One Else Needs To Be Hurt !
>:
>: That's right. If you make enough laws you can live forever!
>:
>:
>:

Jokerpit
2003-12-15 14:56:10 EST
wow shitstains galore..wtf do you know i would never have to kill
a dog to keep it from my family... pussy..i do not kill animals
and it doesnt sound like this one was really a threat at all to
someone that knows he probably wanted some attention as all
pitbulls thst I have had do...so stride away dildo I'm sure your
knowledge of dogs and or pitbulls would fit on a tip of a
needle,,,you sound like another corward also..cur biatch
"Strider" <strider@usit.net> wrote in message
: On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 10:55:49 -0700, "Jokerpit"
: <BulldogJustice@pitbull.net> wrote:
:
: >what a corward
:
: >: <none@none.com> wrote:
: >:
: >: >http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/151875_pitbull10.html
: >: >
: >:
: >: >No charges have been filed in the dog's death. "It appears
: >be
: >: >self-defense," Chiu said.
: >: >Police had warned the dog's owner hours earlier because of
: >complaints from
: >: >other neighbors.
: >:
: >: >Ban Fighting Dogs
: >:
: >: >Advise Your Local Politician
: >:
: >: >No One Else Needs To Be Hurt !
: >:
: >: That's right. If you make enough laws you can live forever!
: >:
: >:
: >:
: >
:

Strider
2003-12-15 15:38:42 EST
On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 12:56:10 -0700, "Jokerpit"
<*e@pitbull.net> wrote:

>wow shitstains galore..wtf do you know i would never have to kill
>a dog to keep it from my family... pussy..i do not kill animals
>and it doesnt sound like this one was really a threat at all to
>someone that knows he probably wanted some attention as all
>pitbulls thst I have had do...so stride away dildo I'm sure your
>knowledge of dogs and or pitbulls would fit on a tip of a
>needle,,,you sound like another corward also..cur biatch

You failed to answer my question. I understand your mental limitations
but perhaps you might get your nurse in the Home to read the big words
for you.

Yes, pit bulldogs are a known and common threat when left to roam at
large. It is the responsibility of the dog's owner to keep them home.
Numerous people have been maimed and killed by them. The owner should
be jailed as well for criminal negligence.

This information was derived from reading. Again, I can understand why
you would be ignorant of such a complex task as reading but your nurse
might find the time to read to you if you ask her nicely after she
gives you your Thorazine.

You are an uneducated little prick.

Strider

> [...]
>: >: >his wife's van. The family had tried to return to the house
>: >when the dog
>: >: >charged back at them from across the street.
>: >: >That's when the man shot the dog, which died in the street.
>: >:
>: >: >No charges have been filed in the dog's death. "It appears
>: >be
>: >: >self-defense," Chiu said.
>: >: >Police had warned the dog's owner hours earlier because of
>: >complaints from
>: >: >other neighbors.
>: >:
>: >: >Ban Fighting Dogs
>: >:
>: >: >Advise Your Local Politician
>: >:
>: >: >No One Else Needs To Be Hurt !
>: >:
>: >: That's right. If you make enough laws you can live forever!

Gunner
2003-12-15 16:30:05 EST
<*e@pitbull.net> wrote:

>wow shitstains galore..wtf do you know i would never have to kill
>a dog to keep it from my family... pussy..i do not kill animals
>and it doesnt sound like this one was really a threat at all to
>someone that knows he probably wanted some attention as all
>pitbulls thst I have had do...so stride away dildo I'm sure your
>knowledge of dogs and or pitbulls would fit on a tip of a
>needle,,,you sound like another corward also..cur biatch

Interesting (though barely literate) spew from another individual whom
gives White Trash a bad name..

Ill remember the "only needing attention" comment as I view my wifes
ass and arm scars (still very slowly healing) obtained by being tag
teamed by two roving pit bulls, and her only being rescued by
neighbors with large blunt objects.

The two pits in question are dead btw..as maybe the several that
recently entered my property and killed my cats and attempted to kill
my other dogs.

Oddly enough..either the neighborhood has run out of pitbulls, or the
owners are keeping them secured, as I no longer have a roaming pit
bull problem. Local animal control has made some smiling comments
about the number of pit bull complaints being reduced to nearly zero
in my area. They appeared to be quite happy with this data point.

So perhaps a bit of community activism yet again is sucessful.
Which reminds me..the Sheridan is about due for a cleaning.....

Gunner

" ..The world has gone crazy. Guess I'm showing my age...
I think it dates from when we started looking at virtues
as funny. It's embarrassing to speak of honor, integrity,
bravery, patriotism, 'doing the right thing', charity,
fairness. You have Seinfeld making cowardice an acceptable
choice; our politicians changing positions of honor with
every poll; we laugh at servicemen and patriotic fervor; we
accept corruption in our police and bias in our judges; we
kill our children, and wonder why they have no respect for
Life. We deny children their childhood and innocence- and
then we denigrate being a Man, as opposed to a 'person'. We
*assume* that anyone with a weapon will use it against his
fellowman- if only he has the chance. Nah; in our agitation
to keep the State out of the church business, we've
destroyed our value system and replaced it with *nothing*.
Turns my stomach- " Chas , rec.knives

Jokerpit
2003-12-15 18:21:35 EST
wrong agian special ed..
[...]
: >:
: >: >what a corward
: >:
: >: What would you have done, feed your child to the dog and
run?
: >:
: >: Strider
: >: >: <none@none.com> wrote:
: >: >:
: >: >:
>http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/151875_pitbull10.html
: >: >: >
: >: >:
: >: >: >No charges have been filed in the dog's death. "It
appears
: >: >be
: >: >: >self-defense," Chiu said.
: >: >: >Police had warned the dog's owner hours earlier because
of
: >: >complaints from
: >: >: >other neighbors.
: >: >:
: >: >: >Ban Fighting Dogs
: >: >:
: >: >: >Advise Your Local Politician
: >: >:
: >: >: >No One Else Needs To Be Hurt !
: >: >:
: >: >: That's right. If you make enough laws you can live
forever!
: >: >:
: >: >:
: >: >:
: >: >
: >:
: >
:

Jokerpit
2003-12-15 18:22:01 EST
yadda yadda yadda
"Gunner" <gunner@lightspeed.net> wrote in message
[...]

Mike
2003-12-15 20:40:01 EST
Its asshole pit owners like you who not only make the public hate pits
but lash out at them as well.

My dog knowledge is more than the average bear and apparently more
than you.

Pitbulls are genetically prone to snapping and prey drive.

End of story, full stop.

I don't care if your pit is the best dog ever, it is genetically wired
wrong for whatever reason and is a ticking time bomb.

Your macho bs about standing up to an attacking dog is such shit you
deserve a bullet in your head too as well as your dog.

I do not believe in hurting dogs but will without a second thought put
a bullet into one that is truely threating me. I then hunt the owner.

Pitts and other misswired breeds should be illegal to own and owners
held accountable for their actions.

Mike