Dog Discussion: New Zealand Bans Fighting Dogs

New Zealand Bans Fighting Dogs

Musky Killer
2003-12-08 06:31:59 EST
http://www.bdm.govt.nz/diawebsite.NSF/wpg_URL/Resource-material-Dog-Control-Dog-Control-Amendment-Act-2003?OpenDocument#two

http://www.scoop.co.nz/mason/stories/PA0311/S00306.htm

Dog Control Bill passed with overwhelming support

Thursday, 13 November 2003, 5:05 pm

Press Release: New Zealand Government

Dog Control Bill passed with overwhelming support

New Zealand will be a safer place for children with the passage today of the
Dog Control Amendment Bill, Local Government Chris Carter said.

The Bill passed its third reading in Parliament this afternoon with support
from all political parties except Act.

"For twenty years New Zealand society has agonised over what to do about
fighting breeds of dogs. The Government has stopped agonising and done
something about it with the Dog Control Amendment Bill, " Mr Carter said.

"Four fighting breeds - American Pit Bull Terriers, Dogo Argentinos,
Brazilian Filas and Japanese Tosas - will have to be muzzled in public in
future and the importing of any more of them is prohibited.

"With this Bill we have laid out a new inventory of tools for local councils
to use to crack down on unregistered dogs, roaming dogs, and irresponsible
owners. Fines and penalties have been increased for erring owners, and
sensible steps have been taken to enable councils to take a more
preventative approach to keeping children clear of uncontrolled dogs in
public spaces," Mr Carter said.

"The Government has also moved to improve information about dogs. The 74
databases of registrations and attacks maintained by councils are to
replaced with one national database, and microchipping is to be gradually
introduced for new puppies after 2006 to enhance dog indentification.

"As promised, this has been a significant and comprehensive overhaul of the
legislation governing dog control. We have sought to improve public safety
while protecting the right and ability of New Zealand families to own and
enjoy dogs.

"I would like to take this opportunity to thank Carolina Anderson and her
family for their effort and courage in highlighting some of the issues with
dog control. The Andersons have taken a tragic dog attack and turned it into
something beneficial for New Zealand society," Mr Carter said.

~shady Angel~
2003-12-08 18:59:37 EST
Good this sucks by the time I have a better paying job to own a pit they
will be so inbred I wont want one. :o(
--
~shady angel~

Musky Killer wrote:

http://www.bdm.govt.nz/diawebsite.NSF/wpg_URL/Resource-material-Dog-Control-
Dog-Control-Amendment-Act-2003?OpenDocument#two

> http://www.scoop.co.nz/mason/stories/PA0311/S00306.htm
>
> Dog Control Bill passed with overwhelming support
>
> Thursday, 13 November 2003, 5:05 pm
>
> Press Release: New Zealand Government
>
> Dog Control Bill passed with overwhelming support
>
> New Zealand will be a safer place for children with the passage today
> of the Dog Control Amendment Bill, Local Government Chris Carter said.
>
> The Bill passed its third reading in Parliament this afternoon with
> support from all political parties except Act.
>
> "For twenty years New Zealand society has agonised over what to do
> about fighting breeds of dogs. The Government has stopped agonising
> and done something about it with the Dog Control Amendment Bill, " Mr
> Carter said.
>
> "Four fighting breeds - American Pit Bull Terriers, Dogo Argentinos,
> Brazilian Filas and Japanese Tosas - will have to be muzzled in
> public in future and the importing of any more of them is prohibited.
>
> "With this Bill we have laid out a new inventory of tools for local
> councils to use to crack down on unregistered dogs, roaming dogs, and
> irresponsible owners. Fines and penalties have been increased for
> erring owners, and sensible steps have been taken to enable councils
> to take a more preventative approach to keeping children clear of
> uncontrolled dogs in public spaces," Mr Carter said.
>
> "The Government has also moved to improve information about dogs. The
> 74 databases of registrations and attacks maintained by councils are
> to replaced with one national database, and microchipping is to be
> gradually introduced for new puppies after 2006 to enhance dog
> indentification.
>
> "As promised, this has been a significant and comprehensive overhaul
> of the legislation governing dog control. We have sought to improve
> public safety while protecting the right and ability of New Zealand
> families to own and enjoy dogs.
>
> "I would like to take this opportunity to thank Carolina Anderson and
> her family for their effort and courage in highlighting some of the
> issues with dog control. The Andersons have taken a tragic dog attack
> and turned it into something beneficial for New Zealand society," Mr
> Carter said.

Hotish
2003-12-08 23:28:57 EST
What's wrong with inbred dogs? As long as they are healthy then you
are probably better off with them being inbred..

~shady Angel~
2003-12-09 06:53:30 EST
hotish wrote:
> What's wrong with inbred dogs? As long as they are healthy then you
> are probably better off with them being inbred..

But with all the bad owners who like fighting and being cruel to their dogs
here.
I wouldn't be supprised if their offspring was a bit outa hand. If ya know
whay I mean.
I don't know that much about it but am willling to learn.
--
~shady angel~

Jokerpit
2003-12-09 10:36:26 EST
Damn you found more special ed people not that its very hard to
do...

"Musky Killer" <spkevans(NOSPAM]@rogers.com> wrote in message
:
[...]

2003-12-09 10:36:49 EST
WAKE UP SHADY DUH>>>
"~shady angel~" <dNOduck@SPAMorcon.net.nz> wrote in message
: Good this sucks by the time I have a better paying job to own a
pit they
: will be so inbred I wont want one. :o(
: --
: ~shady angel~
:
: Musky Killer wrote:
: >
:
[...]

2003-12-09 10:38:20 EST
Only people that dont know what they are talking about would
think inbreeding is bad or wrong.. But they sure will act like
they know something...GOD IT MAKES ME ILL>>>\\

DONT OPEN YOUR MOUTHS WHEN YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT THE FUCK YOU ARE
TALKING ABOUT..
"hotish" <hotish2002@hotmail.com> wrote in message
: What's wrong with inbred dogs? As long as they are healthy then
you
: are probably better off with them being inbred..

Jokerpit
2003-12-09 10:39:00 EST
AND THAT MEANT YOU SHADY...YOU ARE SHOWING YOUR IGNORANCE ONCE
AGIAN...

: hotish wrote:
: > What's wrong with inbred dogs? As long as they are healthy
then you
: > are probably better off with them being inbred..
:
: But with all the bad owners who like fighting and being cruel
to their dogs
: here.
: I wouldn't be supprised if their offspring was a bit outa hand.
If ya know
: whay I mean.
: I don't know that much about it but am willling to learn.
: --
: ~shady angel~
:
:

~shady Angel~
2003-12-09 18:33:46 EST
Ah aye what did I miss? Is this a troll or what is the DUH for?
--
~shady angel~

Jokerpit wrote:
> WAKE UP SHADY DUH>>>
> "~shady angel~" <dNOduck@SPAMorcon.net.nz> wrote in message
>> Good this sucks by the time I have a better paying job to own a pit
>> they will be so inbred I wont want one. :o(
>> --
>> ~shady angel~
>>
>> Musky Killer wrote:

http://www.bdm.govt.nz/diawebsite.NSF/wpg_URL/Resource-material-Dog-Control-
>> Dog-Control-Amendment-Act-2003?OpenDocument#two
>>>
>>> http://www.scoop.co.nz/mason/stories/PA0311/S00306.htm
>>>
>>> Dog Control Bill passed with overwhelming support
>>>
>>> Thursday, 13 November 2003, 5:05 pm
>>>
>>> Press Release: New Zealand Government
>>>
>>> Dog Control Bill passed with overwhelming support
>>>
>>> New Zealand will be a safer place for children with the passage
>>> today of the Dog Control Amendment Bill, Local Government Chris
>>> Carter said.
>>>
>>> The Bill passed its third reading in Parliament this afternoon with
>>> support from all political parties except Act.
>>>
>>> "For twenty years New Zealand society has agonised over what to do
>>> about fighting breeds of dogs. The Government has stopped agonising
>>> and done something about it with the Dog Control Amendment Bill, "
>>> Mr Carter said.
>>>
>>> "Four fighting breeds - American Pit Bull Terriers, Dogo Argentinos,
>>> Brazilian Filas and Japanese Tosas - will have to be muzzled in
>>> public in future and the importing of any more of them is
>>> prohibited.
>>>
>>> "With this Bill we have laid out a new inventory of tools for local
>>> councils to use to crack down on unregistered dogs, roaming dogs,
>>> and irresponsible owners. Fines and penalties have been increased
>>> for erring owners, and sensible steps have been taken to enable
>>> councils to take a more preventative approach to keeping children
>>> clear of uncontrolled dogs in public spaces," Mr Carter said.
>>>
>>> "The Government has also moved to improve information about dogs.
>>> The 74 databases of registrations and attacks maintained by
>>> councils are to replaced with one national database, and
>>> microchipping is to be gradually introduced for new puppies after
>>> 2006 to enhance dog indentification.
>>>
>>> "As promised, this has been a significant and comprehensive overhaul
>>> of the legislation governing dog control. We have sought to improve
>>> public safety while protecting the right and ability of New Zealand
>>> families to own and enjoy dogs.
>>>
>>> "I would like to take this opportunity to thank Carolina Anderson
>>> and her family for their effort and courage in highlighting some of
>>> the issues with dog control. The Andersons have taken a tragic dog
>>> attack and turned it into something beneficial for New Zealand
>>> society," Mr Carter said.

~shady Angel~
2003-12-09 18:36:14 EST
Sorry, I deserved that obviously. That's why I'm in here and other pit
forums trying to learn as much as possible before I get one. This is a bad
thing huh?
--
~shady angel~