Dog Discussion: Ban Breeding Of Fighting Dogs

Ban Breeding Of Fighting Dogs

Musky Killer
2003-12-06 19:03:08 EST
Currently several countries have total bans on fighting dogs including the
UK, Australia, France. In addition, certain parts of Canada and the USA have
bans on fighting dogs, presumably in time they will have complete bans.
Please note the following:

Pontiac, MI., USA

No owners of pit bulls registered before the April 16 ban must: have their
animals leashed and muzzled in public; have tattoo or microchip
identifications on their animals; carry $100,000 in liability insurance; and
keep their dogs in pens with walls or behind a fence with poles at least one
foot in the ground.
---

http://www.hmso.gov.uk/acts/acts1991/Ukpga_19910065_en_1.htm

England

1.-(1) This section applies to-
(a) any dog of the type known as the pit bull terrier;
(b) any dog of the type known as the Japanese tosa; and
(c) any dog of any type designated for the purposes of this section by an
order of the Secretary of State, being a type appearing to him to be bred
for fighting or to have the characteristics of a type bred for that purpose.
---

http://www.edmonton.ca/portal/server.pt/gateway/PTARGS_0_2_267_0_0_47/http://cmsserver/COEWeb/household/pets/restricted+dogs.htm

Edmonton, AB, Canada

Restricted dogs banned:

(a) certified by a veterinarian licensed to practice veterinary medicine in
Alberta to be primarily of the breed Staffordshire Bull Terrier as that
breed is defined by the Canadian Kennel Club;

Thus the following are Restricted:

(a) Pit Bull Terrier;

(b) American Pit Bull Terrier; or

(c) Pit Bull.
---

http://www.dlgrd.wa.gov.au/pub/docs/Dog/Dog%20(Restricted%20Breeds)%20Regulations%202002.pdf

Australia

dog Argentino, fila Brazileiro, Japanese tosa and pit bull terrier or
American pit bull.

Bliss
2003-12-06 23:02:51 EST
I say we ban cockers those dogs bite everything. Little bastards.. Or are we
just trying to pass laws on dogs that can do damage...?

"Musky Killer" <spkevans(NOSPAM]@rogers.com> wrote in message
> Currently several countries have total bans on fighting dogs including the
> UK, Australia, France. In addition, certain parts of Canada and the USA
have
> bans on fighting dogs, presumably in time they will have complete bans.
> Please note the following:
>
> Pontiac, MI., USA
>
> No owners of pit bulls registered before the April 16 ban must: have their
> animals leashed and muzzled in public; have tattoo or microchip
> identifications on their animals; carry $100,000 in liability insurance;
and
> keep their dogs in pens with walls or behind a fence with poles at least
one
> foot in the ground.
> ---
>
> http://www.hmso.gov.uk/acts/acts1991/Ukpga_19910065_en_1.htm
>
> England
>
> 1.-(1) This section applies to-
> (a) any dog of the type known as the pit bull terrier;
> (b) any dog of the type known as the Japanese tosa; and
> (c) any dog of any type designated for the purposes of this section by an
> order of the Secretary of State, being a type appearing to him to be bred
> for fighting or to have the characteristics of a type bred for that
purpose.
> ---

http://www.edmonton.ca/portal/server.pt/gateway/PTARGS_0_2_267_0_0_47/http://cmsserver/COEWeb/household/pets/restricted+dogs.htm

> Edmonton, AB, Canada
>
> Restricted dogs banned:
>
> (a) certified by a veterinarian licensed to practice veterinary medicine
in
> Alberta to be primarily of the breed Staffordshire Bull Terrier as that
> breed is defined by the Canadian Kennel Club;
>
> Thus the following are Restricted:
>
> (a) Pit Bull Terrier;
>
> (b) American Pit Bull Terrier; or
>
> (c) Pit Bull.
> ---

http://www.dlgrd.wa.gov.au/pub/docs/Dog/Dog%20(Restricted%20Breeds)%20Regulations%202002.pdf

> Australia
>
> dog Argentino, fila Brazileiro, Japanese tosa and pit bull terrier or
> American pit bull.

Jim Davis
2003-12-07 04:40:53 EST
On Sat, 6 Dec 2003 20:02:51 -0800, "Bliss" <brette21@hotmail.com>
wrote/replied to:

>I say we ban cockers those dogs bite everything. Little bastards.. Or are we
>just trying to pass laws on dogs that can do damage...?

Ya, that's it, good thinking. We don't care about nipping dogs, but
the bad ones. Ya, the face maulers and the killers. YOu ever see a
killer cocker, you be sure you report it, ok?

Jokerpit
2003-12-09 09:52:53 EST
Its happened and so what it the owner of the pets that are such a
problem not the animals people such as you must have had brain
surgery that has went bad ....So go fuck yourself if you think
you willever take my PITBULLS from me.....
<*1@hotmail.com>
: wrote/replied to:
:
: >I say we ban cockers those dogs bite everything. Little
bastards.. Or are we
: >just trying to pass laws on dogs that can do damage...?
:
: Ya, that's it, good thinking. We don't care about nipping dogs,
but
: the bad ones. Ya, the face maulers and the killers. YOu ever
see a
: killer cocker, you be sure you report it, ok?
:

Jim Davis
2003-12-09 19:07:44 EST
On Tue, 9 Dec 2003 07:52:53 -0700, "Jokerpit"
<*e@pitbull.net> wrote/replied to:

>Its happened and so what it the owner of the pets that are such a
>problem not the animals people such as you must have had brain
>surgery that has went bad ....So go fuck yourself if you think
>you willever take my PITBULLS from me.....

OH ya sure, your Pits are friendly little critters and wouldn't harm a
fly. I don't know why you're so upset. Could be be a bit guilty? Using
swear words seems a bit out of line.

I'd love to know what provoked such a response. You actually think MY
brain has went bad?

Jokerpit
2003-12-10 10:03:33 EST
swear words? how cute....ban ignorant ass people would be a
better idea...
: