Dog Discussion: Who Is The Puppy Wizard

Who Is The Puppy Wizard

Puppy Lover
2003-11-25 17:23:01 EST
and why is his posts so damn hard to read. When I can read what is being
type it seems to be nothing more than slamming anyone's comments except his
and claiming everyone is hurting, beating, mistreating etc. their dog!

KrisHur
2003-11-26 06:30:19 EST
That's him. He's a spammer (peddling a sonic box that he claims cures
*everything* from barking to epilepsy) who became obsessed with these groups
and the people in them. B/c this is the only place he cannot be kicked out
of (newsgroups are not moderated) he hangs around.

He claims to be a dog trainer yet he refuses to meet with people when asked
to (I think there is one person he did meet), has no professional
references, no dogs and is completely unknown by other trainers in the
Orlando area. He claimed to work with the police and their dogs but this was
found to be a lie. He is unable to discuss dog behavior and repeats over and
over, see the manual.

The manual may have a few bits of good advice but you have to wade through
tons of crap to get to them (for example, he recommends putting a ben-gay
type ointment on power lines instead of pet-safe sprays like bitter apple).
He claims to be Purely Positive, but his method of dog training involves
throwing a penny-can near the dog when it doesn't obey a command--he claims
this works for *every* dog. There is no one-size-fits-all dog training
method and sound sensitive dogs will positively freak out if you throw a
penny-can at them.

Most people have killfiled him as his rants are huge and the same old thing
over and over, crossposted to newsgroups that have nothing to do with dogs
(for example, woodworking and mensa) and he is by far the most abusive,
aggressive person here. People who cannot resist playing with the trolls
usually put "ninnyboy" in the subject line so that we can filter out those
posts. If you choose to talk with him, please snip his long-winded rants and
put ninnyboy in the subject line.

Avoid his massive violent attacks (and his little sidekicks) and these
groups are a much nicer place to visit.

Welcome to our little community (that's complete with village idiot)!

--
Kristen and
Kali CDX, CGC, TDIA, TT

"Puppy Lover" <Puppy_Lover@rock.com> wrote in message
> and why is his posts so damn hard to read. When I can read what is being
> type it seems to be nothing more than slamming anyone's comments except
his
> and claiming everyone is hurting, beating, mistreating etc. their dog!

Puppy Lover
2003-11-26 09:50:34 EST
Hi Kris,

Thanks for the info. I guess now I know that he is what I thought he was.
I do have to say, I love the last line you wrote LOL

Puppy Lover
Mom to Kacie, Tiya, Devon, Cassie, Athena, Tessa & Wayne (yep, all dogs)

"KrisHur" <kris_brock@hotmail.com> wrote in

> Welcome to our little community (that's complete with village idiot)!

BHK
2003-11-27 13:57:50 EST
Yeah! You are sooooooooooo right! H
"KrisHur" <kris_brock@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> That's him. He's a spammer (peddling a sonic box that he claims cures
> *everything* from barking to epilepsy) who became obsessed with these
groups
> and the people in them. B/c this is the only place he cannot be kicked out
> of (newsgroups are not moderated) he hangs around.
>
> He claims to be a dog trainer yet he refuses to meet with people when
asked
> to (I think there is one person he did meet), has no professional
> references, no dogs and is completely unknown by other trainers in the
> Orlando area. He claimed to work with the police and their dogs but this
was
> found to be a lie. He is unable to discuss dog behavior and repeats over
and
> over, see the manual.
>
> The manual may have a few bits of good advice but you have to wade through
> tons of crap to get to them (for example, he recommends putting a ben-gay
> type ointment on power lines instead of pet-safe sprays like bitter
apple).
> He claims to be Purely Positive, but his method of dog training involves
> throwing a penny-can near the dog when it doesn't obey a command--he
claims
> this works for *every* dog. There is no one-size-fits-all dog training
> method and sound sensitive dogs will positively freak out if you throw a
> penny-can at them.
>
> Most people have killfiled him as his rants are huge and the same old
thing
> over and over, crossposted to newsgroups that have nothing to do with dogs
> (for example, woodworking and mensa) and he is by far the most abusive,
> aggressive person here. People who cannot resist playing with the trolls
> usually put "ninnyboy" in the subject line so that we can filter out those
> posts. If you choose to talk with him, please snip his long-winded rants
and
> put ninnyboy in the subject line.
>
> Avoid his massive violent attacks (and his little sidekicks) and these
> groups are a much nicer place to visit.
>
> Welcome to our little community (that's complete with village idiot)!
>
> --
> Kristen and
> Kali CDX, CGC, TDIA, TT
> www.kristenandkali.com
>

> "Puppy Lover" <Puppy_Lover@rock.com> wrote in message
> > and why is his posts so damn hard to read. When I can read what is
being
> > type it seems to be nothing more than slamming anyone's comments except
> his
> > and claiming everyone is hurting, beating, mistreating etc. their dog!

The Puppy Wizard
2003-11-27 19:00:29 EST
HOWEDY puppy lover,

"Puppy Lover" <Puppy_Lover@rock.com> wrote in message

The Puppy Wizard is the dog trainer who's gonna
revolutionize the state of the art of behaviorISM.

> and why is his posts so damn hard to read.

Perhaps that's on accHOWENT of there's too much INFORMATION.

> When I can read what is being type it seems to be nothing
> more than slamming anyone's comments except his

That's for very good reason. HOWER dog lovers here abHOWETS
are predominantely liars dog abusers and mental cases.

> and claiming everyone is hurting, beating, mistreating etc.
their dog!

Yeah. That's true. Every WON EXXXCEPT The Puppy Wizard's
FREE WWW Wits' End Dog Training Method Manual Students:

Disciple Paulie Writes:

I've never forced my dogs to do anything, I tell them
they are good dogs and they seem to follow me, once
I told them they were bad dogs and they ran away from
me, now I only ever tell them they are good dogs and
they always are, always.

Trust your dog, ask it to do your request and
say "good dog" sincerely at the end of the
request and I bet you'll find your dog thinking
then responding everytime.

A bit of respect works wonders, the same rule
applies to every aspect of the relationship with
your dog.

Obedience and affection are not related, if they
were everyone would have obedient dogs.

Paul.

========================

> From: Paul B (NOSPAMpaulbousie@clear.net.nz)
> Subject: Re: Dog vs cat food (stealing cat food)
> Date: 2001-03-03 22:18:03 PST
>
> It's possible to teach a dog not to eat out of a cat bowl
> without too much difficulty.
:>

====================

From: Paul B (NOSPAMpanders@zfree.co.nz)
Subject: Re: Get off the bed... please?
Date: 2001-07-03 03:05:59 PST

Paul B (NOSPAMpaulbousie@clear.net.nz)
Subject: Good dogs!!! bad dogs.??
Date: 2000/10/21

Something occurred this morning that made me think how
we treat our dogs and what expectations we have of them.

Because it was a Saturday we slept in and the dogs
eventually jumped up on the bed on my wife's side. After
a brief greeting she very abruptly demanded they get down,
"OFF THE BED" she insisted, Sam looked at her perplexed,
so she repeated the "order", so Sam tried to lick her face,
"GET OFF" she said abruptly.

Sam got down but was unsure what he had done wrong. After
a bit they both came over and jumped up on my side, I patted
them etc and eventually asked them to get down, "off the bed,
good dogs" and they hopped off immediately with no prob's.

Eileen asked me why they obey me and not her so easily.
I told her they got down for me because I asked them to,
they know the command "off the bed" or "off anything" so
there is no need to demand it of them, ask them and they
will comply, demand it and they get confused because
they think you are annoyed with them but they don't know
why so they try to "make amends" which is why Sam licked her.

I have found giving dogs "payment" in advance i.e. "Sam
sit goodboy" makes the dogs want to respond, after all, all
dogs want to be "good dogs" and if you tell them they are
good then they feel an obligation to obey your request.

Telling Sam he's a good dog after he sit's apart from been too
late is also a gamble because if he doesn't sit then there's
no positive interaction.

Trust your dog, ask it to do your request and say "good dog"
sincerely at the end of the request and I bet you'll find your
dog thinking then responding everytime.

Paul.

A bit of respect works wonders, the same rule applies to
every aspect of the relationship with your dog.

Paul.

========================

"I know that most men, including those at ease with
problems of the greatest complexity, can seldom accept
even the simplest and most obvious truth if it would
oblige them to admit the falsity of conclusions which they
have delighted in explaining to colleagues, proudly
taught to others, and which they have woven, thread by
thread, into the fabric of their lives."
-Leo Tolstoy-

Is it any wonder that the following sig file has generated
more complaints to my personal email than any other
controversial post I have made to date, bar none?:

CAVEAT
If you have to do things to your dog to train him that you
would rather not have to do, then you shouldn't be doing
them. If you have a dog trainer who tells you to jerk your
dog around, choke him, pinch his ears, or twist his toes,
shock, shake, slap, scold, hit, chin cuff, scruff shake or
punish your dog in any manner, that corrections
are appropriate, that the dog won't think of you as the
punisher, or that corrections are not harmful, or if they
can't train your dog to do what you want, look for a
trainer that knows HOWE.

Thank you,
Jerry Howe,
Director of Research,
BIOSOUND Scientific
Director of Training,
Wits' End Dog Training
1611 24th St
Orlando, FL 32805
Phone: 1-407-425-5092
Phone: 1-888-BIOSOUND (1-888-246-7686)
Phone: 1-888-WITSEND (1-888-948-7363)
http://www.doggydoright.com

Nature, to be mastered, must be obeyed.
-Francis Bacon-

There are terrible people who, instead of solving a
problem, bungle it and make it more difficult for all who
come after. Who ever can't hit the nail on the head
should, please, not hit at all.
-Nietzsche-

The abilities to think, rationalize and solve problems are
learned qualities.

The Wits' End Dog Training Method challenges the learning
centers in the dogs brain. These centers, once challenged,
develop and continue to grow to make him smarter.

The Wits' End Dog Training method capitalizes on
praising split seconds of canine thought, strategy, and
timing, not mindless hours of forced repetition, constant
corrections, and scolding.
-Jerry Howe-

The Puppy Wizard. <}TPW ; ~ ) >

ANY QUESTIONS, DUMMIES?
,-._,-,
V)"(V
(_o_) Have a great day!
/ V)
(l l l) Your Puppy Wizzzard. <}YPW ; ~ } >
oo-oo

Puppyhelp
2003-12-01 16:10:37 EST
"The Puppy Wizard" <ThePuppyWizard@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:<xewxb.26491$Wy4.14592@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net>...
> HOWEDY puppy lover,
>
> "Puppy Lover" <Puppy_Lover@rock.com> wrote in message
> >

> The Puppy Wizard is the dog trainer who's gonna
> revolutionize the state of the art of behaviorISM.

I doubt there's anyone here who'd like to know more than I,
who the Puppy Wizard is, but for now here's something written by
someone who could be him... Is this you Puppy Wizard?

<<<<Punishment often simply drives bad behavior underground: it stops
it from happening in front of us, but it does not stop the behavior
altogether. They, in fact, become experts at not getting caught. But
in the hierachy of maral development (as defined by Lawrence
Kohlberg), the lowest level is 'following rules only to avoid
punishment'. The highest level, however is 'to follow rules because
they are right and good'. When we consistently punish, we tend to stop
them at the lowest level of moral development - they are interested in
avoiding punishment, not in doing what is good or right.>>>

The Puppy Wizard
2004-01-19 13:51:46 EST

<