Dog Discussion: Following Wife

Following Wife

Ivor Smallshaft
2003-11-20 10:04:35 EST
My 8 yr old fox terrier bitch, follows my wife all over the house, even in
the bathroom! Ive told my wife this isnt right, but she dont care!!
BTW the dog only follows her, not me! (unless im in the kitchen!!)

ZPL
2003-11-20 10:30:48 EST
Some dogs follow their people around everywhere. In fact, many of the large
guard breeds are infamous for following their people into the bathroom.

"Ivor Smallshaft" <hicksave@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
> My 8 yr old fox terrier bitch, follows my wife all over the house, even in
> the bathroom! Ive told my wife this isnt right, but she dont care!!
> BTW the dog only follows her, not me! (unless im in the kitchen!!)

Louise
2003-11-20 11:09:09 EST
My 18 month-old German Shepherd follows me all over the place - I don't know
how many times I've tripped over her, LOL!!!

Louise
"Ivor Smallshaft" <hicksave@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
> My 8 yr old fox terrier bitch, follows my wife all over the house, even in
> the bathroom! Ive told my wife this isnt right, but she dont care!!
> BTW the dog only follows her, not me! (unless im in the kitchen!!)

=22Rosa_Palm=E9n=22_=3Crosa=40no-s-p-am=2Elocomail=2Ecom=3E?=
2003-11-20 13:58:08 EST

"Ivor Smallshaft" <hicksave@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
> My 8 yr old fox terrier bitch, follows my wife all over the house, even in
> the bathroom! Ive told my wife this isnt right, but she dont care!!
> BTW the dog only follows her, not me! (unless im in the kitchen!!)

What is the problem?
Are you jealous or do you think that it in some way is wrong for the dog to
follow her around?
If you are jealous and want more of the dogs attention you could discuss
with your wife if she would let you feed, walk and train the dog for a week
or two.
If you think it is somehow wrong for a dog to follow someone around, well i
don't know that there is much you can do about it. Many dogs do this, mine
used to do it too when she was younger.l She doesn't anymore tho, but that's
because i wasn't always happy with it, and she has also become more
independent.
If your wife and dog are both happy and you aren't jealous, then i think you
should just forget about it.

Rosa

Diddy
2003-11-20 14:04:52 EST
"Rosa Palm\ufffdn" <rosa@no-s-p-am.locomail.com> wrote in

> "Ivor Smallshaft" <hicksave@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
>> My 8 yr old fox terrier bitch, follows my wife all over the house,
>> even in the bathroom! Ive told my wife this isnt right, but she dont
>> care!! BTW the dog only follows her, not me! (unless im in the
>> kitchen!!)
>>

> What is the problem?
> Are you jealous or do you think that it in some way is wrong for the
> dog to follow her around?
> If you are jealous and want more of the dogs attention you could
> discuss with your wife if she would let you feed, walk and train the
> dog for a week or two.
> If you think it is somehow wrong for a dog to follow someone around,
> well i don't know that there is much you can do about it. Many dogs do
> this, mine used to do it too when she was younger.l She doesn't
> anymore tho, but that's because i wasn't always happy with it, and she
> has also become more independent.
> If your wife and dog are both happy and you aren't jealous, then i
> think you should just forget about it.
>
> Rosa

I have to agree with that. I have a dog that has followed me around and is
never more than a foot away even while in the bath tub -for 13 years. I
don't know how he can say it isn't normal. It's normal to THAT dog.

Ivor Smallshaft
2003-11-20 14:05:58 EST

"Rosa Palm\ufffdn" <rosa@no-s-p-am.locomail.com> wrote in message

What is the problem?
Are you jealous or do you think that it in some way is wrong for the dog to
follow her around?

LOL! we all love her, but somehow i think the dog is becoming to clingy,
plus i dont believe dogs should be allowed in bathrooms or bed rooms! i
think we should have SOME no go areas!!

=22Rosa_Palm=E9n=22_=3Crosa=40no-s-p-am=2Elocomail=2Ecom=3E?=
2003-11-20 14:10:43 EST

> "Rosa Palm\ufffdn" <rosa@no-s-p-am.locomail.com> wrote in message
>
> What is the problem?
> Are you jealous or do you think that it in some way is wrong for the dog
> follow her around?
>

> LOL! we all love her, but somehow i think the dog is becoming to clingy,
> plus i dont believe dogs should be allowed in bathrooms or bed rooms! i
> think we should have SOME no go areas!!

Aah.... so it is really your wife that is the problem then =) Heheh... not
always easy to decide on where dogs should or should not be allowed. I used
to let the dog up on the bed on special occasions and never on the sheets,
now a dog often sleeps on our bed, and it wasn't my idea =)
I don't think you can get the dog to change it's behaviour, you will have to
make your wife change hers instead... It can be hard, but with a little
persistence and a lot of praise most creatures can learn new tricks =)

Rosa