Dog Discussion: Cap'n Arthur Haggerty Teaches Sound Distraction "A CHIN CHUCK" Makes A Resounding Sound Distraction

Cap'n Arthur Haggerty Teaches Sound Distraction "A CHIN CHUCK" Makes A Resounding Sound Distraction

The Puppy Wizard
2003-11-19 12:16:50 EST
cap'n arthur haggerty Teaches Sound Distraction = "Puppy Problems
Prevented" CanineHealthOnline.org. JERRYIZED

HOWEDY People,

This is the typical bullshit you're gonna find from your
expert veterinary behaviorists and expert dog trainers:

"Question:
I have a 4 month old Great Dane female puppy who has the habit
of biting and catching the lead in her mouth to shake it in a
playful manner when we walk. I am planning to show her in
conformation and need to break this habit. I rubbed Bitter
Apple on the lead but to no avail. I am using Tabasco pepper
sauce now but it is only partially effective. I try telling
her "leave it" and pulling it downward. Any help you can give
me would be appreciated. "

The world faMOUSE cap'n arthur haggerty replies:

"This is not a difficult problem to solve but"

But our expert can't teach us HOWE to do that without HURTIN
the dog...

" it is very difficult to explain because"

Because he has NO method, only fear force confrontation
intimidation pain and aversives.

" of the many variations and nuances involved in doing so. "

IOW the lying dog abusing Thug needs to couch his words
carefully cause he can only tell us to HURT our dogs, PEOPLE!

" Your use of Bitter Apple and Tabasco sauce is not a bad move"

That'll endear the dog to working with the handler on lead,
and establish trust love and confidence.

" and I would continue to use it."

First use aversives, and if that don't work, HURT THE DOG to
be fair... cause THAT'S ALL our dog lovers know HOWE to do.

Should take a few minutes to train this dog not to do that...
without hurtin him.

" One correction that can be used is chucking the dog under
the chin when she is biting on the leash. "

Kindly enough advice. When done correctly according to
koehler, our good captain's teacher, the dog will not realize
you are the only one with hands standin there.

" Let me briefly explain the chucking technique."

EXCELLENT! Our dog lovers here don't like to give detailed
advice, so's they don't unintentionally mislead nobody noHOWE.

" Cup your hand so that your thumb and forefinger create a
circle."

Kinda like our professor lying doc scruff shake dermer does
when he relaxes on his couch?

" Your hand comes from the bottom up to the lower portion of
the mandible so the Dane doesn't see it at all. "

Right. Although big enough to take your hand off at the
shoulder, they're big stupid dogs and won't realize it's YOU
who just slapped him in the mouth, and will not even know
you're his tormentor.

" When you chuck the dog the sound will travel up the mandible
to the ears and give a popping sound to the dog. "

AHHH YES! Sound Distraction as taught by the good capn!

" Use a verbal correction at the same time. "

You mean like offering to make a deal?

" Do it as many times as it takes to get the dog to stop. "

I've seen Danes not stop, not for over a year till the dog
was too dangerous to do anything with...except by me.

" You will not be able to deliver that correction every time so "

So that means the variable reinforcement will negate the
method, antagonize the dog, and exacerbate the anxiety which
is causing the dog to mouth and chew on the lead to defend
himself from being jerked and choked on his pronged spiked
pinch choke collar that is necessary for these monster sized
dogs which I grew up with training serious behavior problems
without hurting them, cause the loser DIES... when you fight
with a dog that's too big to intimidate and hurt enough to
make IT respect your Godlike AUTHORITY.

" supplement it with a collar correction. "

A jerk and choke will teach the dog you are in control... and
the guy in control is the bum who's slappin him around and
jerking and choking him for objecting to being jerked and
choked in the first place, PEOPLE.

" An obedience foundation will certainly help. "

AS STATED.

" Now this is the fastest and longest lasting approach in
solving the problem. "

That so, capn? You're a liar and a dog abuser and got to get
exposed to the akc and run outta business, good buddy. We'll
be seeing a lot of each other in the very near future. This
town ain't big enough for the both of us, cap'n... I'm
worldwide. Get outta Doge. Jerry Howe.

Brandon Mitchell
2003-11-19 17:30:22 EST
I am new to this forum... and I can't help but notice just how rude,
frustrating, and all around unhelpful "The Puppy Wizard" is. I do want to
read what he has to say, but I cannot for the life of me get beyond the
second paragraph! Is there any chance "the puppy wizard" could be a bit more
civil?

-Jessa Mitchell

"The Puppy Wizard" <ThePuppyWizard@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> [...]
> without hurting them, cause the loser DIES... when you fight
> with a dog that's too big to intimidate and hurt enough to
> make IT respect your Godlike AUTHORITY.
>
> " supplement it with a collar correction. "
>
> A jerk and choke will teach the dog you are in control... and
> the guy in control is the bum who's slappin him around and
> jerking and choking him for objecting to being jerked and
> choked in the first place, PEOPLE.
>
> " An obedience foundation will certainly help. "
>
> AS STATED.
>
> " Now this is the fastest and longest lasting approach in
> solving the problem. "
>
> That so, capn? You're a liar and a dog abuser and got to get
> exposed to the akc and run outta business, good buddy. We'll
> be seeing a lot of each other in the very near future. This
> town ain't big enough for the both of us, cap'n... I'm

Sharon Too
2003-11-19 17:40:47 EST
Is there any chance "the puppy wizard" could be a bit more
> civil?

No.

Do yourself a favor and killfile him. Do everyone else a favor and don't
repost his dribble to every newsgroup in existence.

Bre
2003-11-19 17:42:30 EST
Hi Jessa,
Well he has been the same way for last three yrs that I have been on these
groups. Do yourself a favor and kill file him.

Bre

Brandon Mitchell wrote:

> [...]
> > without hurting them, cause the loser DIES... when you fight
> > with a dog that's too big to intimidate and hurt enough to
> > make IT respect your Godlike AUTHORITY.
> >
> > " supplement it with a collar correction. "
> >
> > A jerk and choke will teach the dog you are in control... and
> > the guy in control is the bum who's slappin him around and
> > jerking and choking him for objecting to being jerked and
> > choked in the first place, PEOPLE.
> >
> > " An obedience foundation will certainly help. "
> >
> > AS STATED.
> >
> > " Now this is the fastest and longest lasting approach in
> > solving the problem. "
> >
> > That so, capn? You're a liar and a dog abuser and got to get
> > exposed to the akc and run outta business, good buddy. We'll
> > be seeing a lot of each other in the very near future. This
> > town ain't big enough for the both of us, cap'n... I'm

2003-11-19 19:09:29 EST
HOWEDY brandon,

"Brandon Mitchell" <brandon.mitchell@charter.net> wrote in message

> I am new to this forum... and I can't help but notice just how
rude,

Hittin dogs in the mHOWETH?

> frustrating, and all around unhelpful "The Puppy Wizard" is.

Yeah. Wouldn't wanna be RUDE to noWON.

> I do want to read what he has to say, but I cannot for the life
> of me get beyond the second paragraph!

Perhaps you need a chin chuck every time you take your
eyes off the most goddamned compelling text in the history
of behaviorISM?

> Is there any chance "the puppy wizard" could be a bit more
civil?

Yeah. When dog abusers stop postin here abHOWETS.

> [...]

> > without hurting them, cause the loser DIES... when you fight
> > with a dog that's too big to intimidate and hurt enough to
> > make IT respect your Godlike AUTHORITY.
> >
> > " supplement it with a collar correction. "
> >
> > A jerk and choke will teach the dog you are in control... and
> > the guy in control is the bum who's slappin him around and
> > jerking and choking him for objecting to being jerked and
> > choked in the first place, PEOPLE.
> >
> > " An obedience foundation will certainly help. "
> >
> > AS STATED.
> >
> > " Now this is the fastest and longest lasting approach in
> > solving the problem. "
> >
> > That so, capn? You're a liar and a dog abuser and got to get
> > exposed to the akc and run outta business, good buddy. We'll
> > be seeing a lot of each other in the very near future. This
> > town ain't big enough for the both of us, cap'n... I'm

2003-11-19 19:09:32 EST
HOWEDY sharon too,

"Sharon too" <requestaddyfirst@nospam.com> wrote in message

> Is there any chance "the puppy wizard" could be a bit more
> > civil?

You mean to dog abusers liars cowards and mental cases?

> No.

For what? The Puppy Wizard is only tellin it HOWE it IS an
QUOTIN the dog abusers liars and mental cases who hurt
and kill dogs and call that trainin and rescue.

> Do yourself a favor and killfile him.

Let's talk abHOWET you misleading people for your own profit?

> Do everyone else a favor and don't
> repost his dribble to every newsgroup in existence.

Don't forget to snip text and trim crossposts and put
NINNYBOY in the subject header to avoid EMBARRASSMENT.

From: Chris Williams (k9apple@webtv.net)
Subject: Re: Thank you Jerry Howe
Date: 2002-03-26 08:16:19 PST

Engrossing account, Anthony. Our best to Angel
and your family.

A friend, who socializes the kittens I've taken
from a feral cat colony, is using the DDR.

She reports far fewer panic problems than
she's had before.

============================

Chris Williams writes:

"The FREE Wits' End Dog Training Method manual
I do find valuable. Much of it I recognize as what
I've always done without thinking of it as "training".
New stuff, I've used. His anchoring technique erased
the last of Mac's fireworks trauma,"

====================

Disciple Paulie Writes:

I've never forced my dogs to do anything, I tell them
they are good dogs and they seem to follow me, once
I told them they were bad dogs and they ran away from
me, now I only ever tell them they are good dogs and
they always are, always.

Trust your dog, ask it to do your request and
say "good dog" sincerely at the end of the
request and I bet you'll find your dog thinking
then responding everytime.

A bit of respect works wonders, the same rule
applies to every aspect of the relationship with
your dog.

Obedience and affection are not related, if they
were everyone would have obedient dogs.

Paul.