Dog Discussion: Not That It Matters, But Obama Has Created A Cottage Market For Puppy Mill Water Dogs.

Not That It Matters, But Obama Has Created A Cottage Market For Puppy Mill Water Dogs.

Lab~rat >:-
2009-04-20 09:51:56 EST
Yeah, I know, it's no big deal. But when Barry was on the trail
telling everyone he was going to get a "mutt like me" and how it was
going to come from a shelter, I was a skeptical to say the least.
Especially when he shortlisted a Portuguese Water Dog. I mean,
realistically, how many people had even heard of that breed before
Barry brought it up.

In fact, according to this website, the breed almost went extinct:

http://www.bild.de/BILD/news/bild-english/world-news/first-dog-bo/stories/04/portuguese-water-dog-sold-out-in-germany/the-whole-world-wants-a-pooch-like-bo.html

Now moronic people are creating a HUGE demand for this job because the
president went out and bought a boutique dog. Of course, the dubious
story says that it was returned to the puppy mill and Teddy Kennedy
bought it for him, but I believe that as much as I believe anything
else spewing out of his mouth.

So in conclusion, had Obama kept his word and adopted a mutt from the
Humane Society, his ridiculous and unfounded popularity would have
caused thousands of shelter dogs to be adopted.

I know it doesn't matter, but it would have been nice...
--
lab~rat >:-)
Do you want polite or do you want sincere?

Ron
2009-04-20 10:08:17 EST
On 20 Apr, 08:51, "lab~rat >:-)" <ch...@cheeze.net> wrote:
> Yeah, I know, it's no big deal.  But when Barry was on the trail
> telling everyone he was going to get a "mutt like me" and how it was
> going to come from a shelter, I was a skeptical to say the least.
> Especially when he shortlisted a Portuguese Water Dog.  I mean,
> realistically,  how many people had even heard of that breed before
> Barry brought it up.
>
> In fact, according to this website, the breed almost went extinct:
>
> http://www.bild.de/BILD/news/bild-english/world-news/first-dog-bo/sto...
>
> Now moronic people are creating a HUGE demand for this job because the
> president went out and bought a boutique dog.  Of course, the dubious
> story says that it was returned to the puppy mill and Teddy Kennedy
> bought it for him, but I believe that as much as I believe anything
> else spewing out of his mouth.
>
> So in conclusion, had Obama kept his word and adopted a mutt from the
> Humane Society, his ridiculous and unfounded popularity would have
> caused thousands of shelter dogs to be adopted.
>
> I know it doesn't matter, but it would have been nice...
> --
> lab~rat  >:-)
> Do you want polite or do you want sincere?
.
.
A month or two ago, I posted a tongue-in-cheek reply to an Obama
criticism in which I said the next political attack on Obama would
likely center on the choice of a family dog.

Little did I know.....

RO

Boo-radley
2009-04-20 10:12:37 EST
On Apr 20, 8:08 am, Ron <ron...@wt.net> wrote:
> On 20 Apr, 08:51, "lab~rat  >:-)" <ch...@cheeze.net> wrote:
>
> > Yeah, I know, it's no big deal.  But when Barry was on the trail
> > telling everyone he was going to get a "mutt like me" and how it was
> > going to come from a shelter, I was a skeptical to say the least.
> > Especially when he shortlisted a Portuguese Water Dog.  I mean,
> > realistically,  how many people had even heard of that breed before
> > Barry brought it up.
>
> > In fact, according to this website, the breed almost went extinct:
>
> >http://www.bild.de/BILD/news/bild-english/world-news/first-dog-bo/sto...
>
> > Now moronic people are creating a HUGE demand for this job because the
> > president went out and bought a boutique dog.  Of course, the dubious
> > story says that it was returned to the puppy mill and Teddy Kennedy
> > bought it for him, but I believe that as much as I believe anything
> > else spewing out of his mouth.
>
> > So in conclusion, had Obama kept his word and adopted a mutt from the
> > Humane Society, his ridiculous and unfounded popularity would have
> > caused thousands of shelter dogs to be adopted.
>
> > I know it doesn't matter, but it would have been nice...
> > --
> > lab~rat  >:-)
> > Do you want polite or do you want sincere?
>
> .
> .
> A month or two ago, I posted a tongue-in-cheek reply to an Obama
> criticism in which I said the next political attack on Obama would
> likely center on the choice of a family dog.
>
> Little did I know.....
>
> RO

Yea, and his dog story had more news legs then the tea parties LOL!

Lab~rat >:-
2009-04-20 10:26:59 EST
On Mon, 20 Apr 2009 07:08:17 -0700 (PDT), Ron <roneal@wt.net> puked:

>On 20 Apr, 08:51, "lab~rat >:-)" <ch...@cheeze.net> wrote:
>> Yeah, I know, it's no big deal.  But when Barry was on the trail
>> telling everyone he was going to get a "mutt like me" and how it was
>> going to come from a shelter, I was a skeptical to say the least.
>> Especially when he shortlisted a Portuguese Water Dog.  I mean,
>> realistically,  how many people had even heard of that breed before
>> Barry brought it up.
>>
>> In fact, according to this website, the breed almost went extinct:
>>
>> http://www.bild.de/BILD/news/bild-english/world-news/first-dog-bo/sto...
>>
>> Now moronic people are creating a HUGE demand for this job because the
>> president went out and bought a boutique dog.  Of course, the dubious
>> story says that it was returned to the puppy mill and Teddy Kennedy
>> bought it for him, but I believe that as much as I believe anything
>> else spewing out of his mouth.
>>
>> So in conclusion, had Obama kept his word and adopted a mutt from the
>> Humane Society, his ridiculous and unfounded popularity would have
>> caused thousands of shelter dogs to be adopted.
>>
>> I know it doesn't matter, but it would have been nice...
>> --
>> lab~rat  >:-)
>> Do you want polite or do you want sincere?
>.
>.
>A month or two ago, I posted a tongue-in-cheek reply to an Obama
>criticism in which I said the next political attack on Obama would
>likely center on the choice of a family dog.
>
>Little did I know.....
>
>RO

This isn't intended to be a political attack. This is an attack on
the fact that Obama has created a demand for puppy mill dogs.
--
lab~rat >:-)
Do you want polite or do you want sincere?

Ron
2009-04-20 10:42:54 EST
On 20 Apr, 09:26, "lab~rat >:-)" <ch...@cheeze.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Apr 2009 07:08:17 -0700 (PDT), Ron <ron...@wt.net> puked:
>

> >On 20 Apr, 08:51, "lab~rat  >:-)" <ch...@cheeze.net> wrote:
> >> Yeah, I know, it's no big deal. ÊBut when Barry was on the trail
> >> telling everyone he was going to get a "mutt like me" and how it was
> >> going to come from a shelter, I was a skeptical to say the least.
> >> Especially when he shortlisted a Portuguese Water Dog. ÊI mean,
> >> realistically, Êhow many people had even heard of that breed before
> >> Barry brought it up.
>
> >> In fact, according to this website, the breed almost went extinct:
>
> >>http://www.bild.de/BILD/news/bild-english/world-news/first-dog-bo/sto...
>
> >> Now moronic people are creating a HUGE demand for this job because the
> >> president went out and bought a boutique dog. ÊOf course, the dubious
> >> story says that it was returned to the puppy mill and Teddy Kennedy
> >> bought it for him, but I believe that as much as I believe anything
> >> else spewing out of his mouth.
>
> >> So in conclusion, had Obama kept his word and adopted a mutt from the
> >> Humane Society, his ridiculous and unfounded popularity would have
> >> caused thousands of shelter dogs to be adopted.
>
> >> I know it doesn't matter, but it would have been nice...
> >> --
> >> lab~rat Ê>:-)
> >> Do you want polite or do you want sincere?
> >.
> >.
> >A month or two ago, I posted a tongue-in-cheek reply to an Obama
> >criticism in which I said the next political attack on Obama would
> >likely center on the choice of a family dog.
>
> >Little did I know.....
>
> >RO
>
> This isn't intended to be a political attack.  This is an attack on
> the fact that Obama has created a demand for puppy mill dogs.
> --
> lab~rat  >:-)
> Do you want polite or do you want sincere?- Hide quoted text -

.
.
Your dislike of Obama is evident in your previous posts, therefore I
can't imagine this post to be anything BUT a political attack. An
insignificant, childish, nit-picking statement that even you admitted
when you wrote in your Subject Line, "Not that it matters..."

For crying out loud, LaBrat. Why not do something useful? You
know...like picking dust motes out of the air in a beam of sunlight.

RO

J*@live.com
2009-04-20 10:46:53 EST
On Apr 20, 10:26 am, "lab~rat >:-)" <ch...@cheeze.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Apr 2009 07:08:17 -0700 (PDT), Ron <ron...@wt.net> puked:
>

> >On 20 Apr, 08:51, "lab~rat  >:-)" <ch...@cheeze.net> wrote:
> >> Yeah, I know, it's no big deal. ÊBut when Barry was on the trail
> >> telling everyone he was going to get a "mutt like me" and how it was
> >> going to come from a shelter, I was a skeptical to say the least.
> >> Especially when he shortlisted a Portuguese Water Dog. ÊI mean,
> >> realistically, Êhow many people had even heard of that breed before
> >> Barry brought it up.
>
> >> In fact, according to this website, the breed almost went extinct:
>
> >>http://www.bild.de/BILD/news/bild-english/world-news/first-dog-bo/sto...
>
> >> Now moronic people are creating a HUGE demand for this job because the
> >> president went out and bought a boutique dog. ÊOf course, the dubious
> >> story says that it was returned to the puppy mill and Teddy Kennedy
> >> bought it for him, but I believe that as much as I believe anything
> >> else spewing out of his mouth.
>
> >> So in conclusion, had Obama kept his word and adopted a mutt from the
> >> Humane Society, his ridiculous and unfounded popularity would have
> >> caused thousands of shelter dogs to be adopted.
>
> >> I know it doesn't matter, but it would have been nice...
> >> --
> >> lab~rat Ê>:-)
> >> Do you want polite or do you want sincere?
> >.
> >.
> >A month or two ago, I posted a tongue-in-cheek reply to an Obama
> >criticism in which I said the next political attack on Obama would
> >likely center on the choice of a family dog.
>
> >Little did I know.....
>
> >RO
>
> This isn't intended to be a political attack.  This is an attack on
> the fact that Obama has created a demand for puppy mill dogs.

Only there is no evidence Obama's new dog even came from a puppy mill.

4943 Dead, 76 Since 1/20/09
2009-04-20 10:51:38 EST
On Mon, 20 Apr 2009 10:26:59 -0400, lab~rat >:-) wrote:

> On Mon, 20 Apr 2009 07:08:17 -0700 (PDT), Ron <roneal@wt.net> puked:
>
>>On 20 Apr, 08:51, "lab~rat >:-)" <ch...@cheeze.net> wrote:
>>> Yeah, I know, it's no big deal.  But when Barry was on the trail
>>> telling everyone he was going to get a "mutt like me" and how it was
>>> going to come from a shelter, I was a skeptical to say the least.
>>> Especially when he shortlisted a Portuguese Water Dog.  I mean,
>>> realistically,  how many people had even heard of that breed before
>>> Barry brought it up.
>>>
>>> In fact, according to this website, the breed almost went extinct:
>>>
>>> http://www.bild.de/BILD/news/bild-english/world-news/first-dog-bo/
sto...

>>> Now moronic people are creating a HUGE demand for this job because the
>>> president went out and bought a boutique dog.  Of course, the dubious
>>> story says that it was returned to the puppy mill and Teddy Kennedy
>>> bought it for him, but I believe that as much as I believe anything
>>> else spewing out of his mouth.
>>>
>>> So in conclusion, had Obama kept his word and adopted a mutt from the
>>> Humane Society, his ridiculous and unfounded popularity would have
>>> caused thousands of shelter dogs to be adopted.
>>>
>>> I know it doesn't matter, but it would have been nice... --
>>> lab~rat  >:-)
>>> Do you want polite or do you want sincere?
>>.
>>.
>>A month or two ago, I posted a tongue-in-cheek reply to an Obama
>>criticism in which I said the next political attack on Obama would
>>likely center on the choice of a family dog.
>>
>>Little did I know.....
>>
>>RO
>>

> This isn't intended to be a political attack. This is an attack on the
> fact that Obama has created a demand for puppy mill dogs.

Right. And Paris Hilton, the Queen of England, and Jim Carrey Movies
didn't?

In this instance, though, this sounds like just a political attack from a
jackass who could really give a shit about puppy mills. Amuse us, Blab-
blab, and show us where you've ever criticized puppy mills prior to Obama
getting a dog.
--
“Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the
entrails of the last priest.” -Dennis Diderot Pay your taxes so the

4943 Dead, 76 Since 1/20/09
2009-04-20 11:18:57 EST
On Mon, 20 Apr 2009 07:08:17 -0700, Ron wrote:

> On 20 Apr, 08:51, "lab~rat >:-)" <ch...@cheeze.net> wrote:
>> Yeah, I know, it's no big deal.  But when Barry was on the trail
>> telling everyone he was going to get a "mutt like me" and how it was
>> going to come from a shelter, I was a skeptical to say the least.
>> Especially when he shortlisted a Portuguese Water Dog.  I mean,
>> realistically,  how many people had even heard of that breed before
>> Barry brought it up.
>>
>> In fact, according to this website, the breed almost went extinct:
>>
>> http://www.bild.de/BILD/news/bild-english/world-news/first-dog-bo/
sto...

>> Now moronic people are creating a HUGE demand for this job because the
>> president went out and bought a boutique dog.  Of course, the dubious
>> story says that it was returned to the puppy mill and Teddy Kennedy
>> bought it for him, but I believe that as much as I believe anything
>> else spewing out of his mouth.
>>
>> So in conclusion, had Obama kept his word and adopted a mutt from the
>> Humane Society, his ridiculous and unfounded popularity would have
>> caused thousands of shelter dogs to be adopted.
>>
>> I know it doesn't matter, but it would have been nice... --
>> lab~rat  >:-)
>> Do you want polite or do you want sincere?
> .
> .
> A month or two ago, I posted a tongue-in-cheek reply to an Obama
> criticism in which I said the next political attack on Obama would
> likely center on the choice of a family dog.
>
> Little did I know.....
>
> RO

You must have forgotten the unbridled joy and conspiracy theories that
sprung up among the trash right when Bill Clinton's dog Buddy got out
into traffic and was killed.

--
“Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the
entrails of the last priest.” -Dennis Diderot Pay your taxes so the
rich don't have to. Atheist #2211

Bert Hyman
2009-04-20 11:57:39 EST
In news:dg1pu4l2bco7i9mrb81aas1b0rean55341@4ax.com "lab~rat >:-)"
<*e@cheeze.net> wrote:

> This is an attack on the fact that Obama has created a demand for
> puppy mill dogs.

Obama didn't create any demand.

Celebrity worshipers, who have no original thougths of their own,
created the demand.

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN bert@iphouse.com

Bert Hyman
2009-04-20 12:00:12 EST
In
j*9@live.com wrote:

> On Apr 20, 10:26\ufffdam, "lab~rat >:-)" <ch...@cheeze.net> wrote:
>>
>> This isn't intended to be a political attack. \ufffdThis is an attack on
>> the fact that Obama has created a demand for puppy mill dogs.
>
> Only there is no evidence Obama's new dog even came from a puppy mill.

There's pretty conclusive evidence that it didn't (it's filed with his
birth certificate, I hear).

But that says nothing about where all the dogs to be bought by the
mindless celebrity followers will come from. Or about how quickly
they'll be discarded once they find out how much work it is to keep a
dog.

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN bert@iphouse.com