Dog Discussion: Crate Question

Crate Question

Page: 1 2 3 4   Next  (First | Last)

\the\duckster
2008-01-16 12:31:09 EST
Dear experienced dog folk,

I am interested in purchasing this crate for one of my dogs. Has anyone had
any experience with it? Or something similar? At $250 it's a little pricey
to turn into just another horizontal surface. He's destroyed the standard
issue crate so I need to switch to the heavy artillery. I'm talking to my
vet tomorrow about doggie downers as well, though I'm not a big fan of the
idea. Perhaps some insight on those who have used them? Thank you!

He's a very good dog. Born and raised right here on the farm. I work at
home as a Licensed Realtor, but when I leave, he needs to be put up because
he will get anxious, mark and destroy things if I am gone too long.

He is neutered. Walked with my other three 2 miles each morning. Lives like
a prince. Sleeps in his crate upstairs in our bedroom all night, no
problem.

TIA.

Kelly Kirsch
www.kellykirsch.com

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350014316122&refid=store

2008-01-16 16:29:39 EST
HOWEDY (the)duckster,

"(the)duckster" <duckster@erinet.com> wrote in message

Welcome to The Sincerely Incredibly Freakin Insanely
Simply Amazing, Grand, Puppy, Child, Pussy, Birdy,
Goat, Ferret, Monkey, SpHOWES, And Horsey Wizard's
100% CONSISTENTLY NEARLY INSTANTLY
SUCCESSFUL FREE WWW Wits' End Training
Method Manual Forums And Human And Animal
Behavior Forensic Sciences Research Laboratory.

I'm Jerry Howe,The Sincerely Incredibly Freakin
Insanely Simply Amazing, Grand, Puppy, Child,
Pussy, Birdy, Goat, Ferret, Monkey, SpHOWES, And
Horsey Wizard, Director Of Trainin an Research <{}: ~ ) >

Here's my website:
http://relinkz.com/EffectiveNonPhysicalDogTraininAIN'TLUCK777It'sSCIENCEAtIt'sBEAST

There you will find ALL the FREE information you need
to pupperly handle raise and train your pets and family.
Just follow the instructions PRECISELY and ASK me if
you need any additional FREE HEELP <{}: ~ ) >

> Dear experienced dog folk,

You mean 'HOWEDY Gang Of Pathetic Miserable Stinkin
Rotten Lyin Animal Murderin Punk Thug Cowards And
Active Accute Chronic Life Long Incurable Malignant
MaliciHOWES MENTAL CASES who jerk choke shock
bribe crate intimidate surgically sexually mutilate and
MURDER innocent defenseless dumb critters an LIE
abHOWET IT' <{}: ~ ( >

> I am interested in purchasing this crate for one of my dogs.

Lockin dogs in boxes makes them GO INSANE:

Subject: In defense of Jerry Howe's methods

1 From: Deltones
Date: Wed, Nov 30 2005 3:30 pm
Email: "Deltones" <vibrov...@hotmail.com>

I've had my JR puppy for close to a month now (She's
3 mo), and I want to say that I believe in Jerry Howe's
method for training my dog. I hate how he makes
Webster cry with his way of writing, and the fact he
quotes every damn posts written since the Big Bang
in every replies he does.

A lot of you consider their dogs as a part of your family,
but I read so many posts about screaming, choking,
shocking, pinching, beating the living crap out of your
dogs that I wonder why some of you have them at all.

Do you raise your kids that way, or you raise
them with kindness to the best of your abilities?

Yes, Jerry's online personnality totally sucks, and
he would be better served by having his Wit's End
document speak for itself and reply to people with
the same kind of eloquence he shows in his manual.

Unfortunately he doesn't, and as a result, the majority
of people here tuned him out. If you hate the messenger,
don't disregard his message, and do yourself the favor
of downloading his manual and read it at least once.
Your dog deserves it.

Like previously stated, I have a 3 mo Jack Russell,
and a lot of people think these dogs become totally
insane when left alone.

Mine has the full run of the house when I'm at work already.

Why?

Because she did go totally insane when I left her in
her crate, crapping on herself in the process. It was
not fun.

I followed Jerry's advice and did the "Separation
Anxiety" method in the manual, and my house
has not been destroyed.

Dog happier, house not destroyed?

That's all I needed to know.

If you're wondering, nope, she's not housebroken yet,
and I do come back with her business on the floor.
Winter is starting here in Montreal and she really
hates going outside in the cold (sorry Jerry, it's really
not instinctive in her), so I know I will have some
difficulties with the housebreaking process.

Do I get frustrated to have to wash the floor every day?

Yeah I do, but I try my best not to show it to the dog.
That's the small price I decided to pay to have that
small furball in my life. I'm confident she'll get the
hang of it, but I know that it's not going to happen
with kicking and screaming.

Tune out Jerry if you want if he doesn't make sense
to you. But give his Wit's End manual a good look,
because when he wrote it at that point in his life, he did.

Denis

---------------------

> Has anyone had any experience with it? Or something similar?

Yeah. MOST of your fellHOWE dog lover's dogs are DYIN
from STRESS INDUCED AUTO-IMMUNE DIS-EASES,
a.k.a. The Puppy Wizard's Syndrome from bein locked in boxes
and ignored when they cry or sprayed in the face with aversives
or jerked and choked till they're QUITE.

LIKE THIS:

"Granted That The Dog Who Fears Retribution
Will Adore His Owner," lying "I LOVE KOEHLER"
lynn.

lyinglynn writes to a new foster care giver:
For barking in the crate - leave the leash on and
pass it through the crate door. Attach a line to it.
When he barks, use the line for a correction.

- if necessary, go to a citronella bark collar.

Lynn K.

"Training is not confrontation,"Lynn K.
<except when it is>

"Unfortunately, some confrontation is necessary,
just to be able to handle the dogs. For example,
we need to crate train a dog immediately because
they are usually in need of medical care and they
are in foster homes with other dogs. It's a safety
necessity," lying "I LOVE KOEHLER" lynn.

"Training is not confrontation,"Lynn K.

<except when it is>

"So what? Whoever said that it's right to
always not confront? We sure can try, but
a dog who knows a command and growls when
given it is certainly being confrontational".
You can't simply walk away and pretend it
didn't happen or leave it for later work in
every situation." Lynn K.

--------------------

"I used to work the Kill Room as a volunteer in
one shelter.) But their ability to set their own
schedules and duties causes a great deal of
scheduling overhead.

And it takes effort and thought to ensure that
volunteers get the meaningful experience that
they work for.

Someone has to be responsible for that
Volunteer Program, and it is best done
by a non-volunteer."

Lynn K.

----------------

"I worked with one shelter where I bathed and groomed
every adoptable dog on intake. I frankly felt that the
effort/benefit equation was not balanced for some of the
older/ill poodle/terrier mixes we got in badly matted condition.

Should I have refused to groom them?

Or even more pertinent - I was one of the people who
had to make the euthanasia decisions at that shelter."

Lynn K.

----------------

> At $250 it's a little pricey to turn into just another horizontal surface.

Seems you got more money than brains:

Subject: The crate escape - my brilliant puppy!

1 From: Janet B
Date: Wed, Apr 5 2006 7:44 am
Email: Janet B j...@bestfriendsdogobedience.com

After Rudy came to stay with us, I got tired of running
into an open crate door, so I bought a new crate, with a
door that folds up and in. "can't be opened from the inside"
says the ad. I always looked at these and hought "right",
but for the last few months (yes, folks, it's been 3.5 months)
it has worked great.

Until Monday.

That's when Mr Smarty-pants decided he knew how
to open it. And greeted us at the door after 6+ hours
of freedom.

A chewed wastebasket lid and a puddle inside the
front door (he loses it if very excited and yesterday
morning I found evidence that a smallish dog had
apparently "visited" right outside my full view front
door) was all that was wrong.

So yesterday, when I left for a short errand, I made
sure to clip the door closed securely. And once again
came home to an unconfined puppy.

So, today, the crate will get clips on the door to ensure
this doesn't happen again. I need him to learn that he
shouldn't let himself out.

But it looks like he's going to be allowed house freedom
within a few days, and since he'll be 9 months old on
Monday, that'll be the day.

I'll take the next few days to put some shoes away and
check out other things he may be interested in, and get
out the bitter apple.

My house is not exactly the neatest place in the world,
and there's a lot of stuff that may be too available and
interesting. We shall see.

My puppy is growing up and too smart for his own good!
--
Janet Boss
www.bestfriendsdogobedience.com

BWEEEAAAHAAAHAAA~!~!~!

From: J1Boss (j1b...@aol.com)
Subject: Re: housebreaking in a multi level home
Date: 2002-06-27 03:30:11 PST

> From: Rocky
> Nessa wrote in rec.pets.dogs.behavior:
>> why does Franklin have to be on a leash?
>
> I think that Franklin's been naughty.
>
>--
>--Matt. Rocky's a Dog.

and apparently pretty sneaky too -
can't figure this one out still!

FYI - He ingested a mystery sock.
Hadn't done that in well over a year.

When he was a puppy we were very lucky -
they went through or came up. We've done
"sock work" with him leaving them alone,
but mostly are pretty conscientious about
not making them available.

The risk is obviously too high. One of his
littermates beat him to the punch with the
same surgery, and his great grandfather had
this habit until he died at age 12.

My MIL was visiting (sockless!) and since he
wasn't with me every waking moment as usual
as a result, I can only imagine that the sock
presented itself somehow while she was with him.

He was a very, very sick dog. He had emergency
surgery on Monday, but was home by Tuesday - we
lucked out that the sock had advanced enough that
they didn't need to cut the bowel.

Once he was opened, they were able to manipulate
the sock out his rectum. He thinks he's fine, so
the leash is very necessary! He's got about a foot
of staples on his tummy, and this was a very
expensive sock!

Janet Boss
Best Friends Dog Obedience
"Nice Manners for the Family Pet"
Voted "Best of Baltimore 2001" - Baltimore Magazine
www.bestfriendsdogobedience.com

--------------------------------

BWEEEAAAHAAAHAAAA~!~!~!

FRANKLIN and JANET, ACT II

From: J1Boss (j1b...@aol.com)
Subject: Re: What can I do if I can't afford a behaviorist?

Date: 2002-06-27 05:20:30 PST

> From: diddy d...@nospam.diddy.net
> Some dogs are really adept at getting
> out of things, even the impossible.

Yes indeed. I crated Franklin when I had to
leave yesterday. He's post surgical and needs
to be confined and rest/kept safe.

He is used to crates, has not problem with
them and does not "escape" (mesh crates, wire
crates, etc - he takes them all in stride,
whether strange places or at home).

When I got home, both dogs greeted me at the
door. He had managed to bend the clips on the
end panel of his metal crate (General Cage 204)
and squeeze out the top/side of the end panel
that has the door. The door was securely closed.

THAT was NOT a good thing to do with a foot of
staples in your tummy. He hadn't done it before -
but he's not his usual self obviously.

We won't be trying that again any time soon!

Janet Boss
Best Friends Dog Obedience
"Nice Manners for the Family Pet"
Voted "Best of Baltimore 2001" - Baltimore Magazine
www.bestfriendsdogobedience.com

---------------------

BWEEEAAAHAAAHAAA~!~!~!

BWEEEAAAHAHAHAHAAAA~!~!~!
BWEEEEAHAAAHAAAAHAAA~!~!~!
BWEEEAAAHAAAHAAA~!~!~!

> He's destroyed the standard issue crate

Naaaah?

> so I need to switch to the heavy artillery.

Oh, you mean LIKE THIS?:

Date: 2001-11-14 09:13:21 PST

"Yves Dussault" <ydussa...@sympatico.ca> wrote in message

> Hi!
> I have downloaded Wit's End Dog Training Method...

> In there there is that trick with a toy about
> "Separation anxiety surrogate toy technique."
> Anybody has tried that... I would like to give it
> a try with my GSP (German shorthair.....pointer)
> Comments? Yves Dussault

Yves,

I for one have tried it... in fact I use this all the time.
I just used it last evening while my husband and I went out
to see "The Mummy Returns" (a horrible turkey of a movie,
but at least the house wasn't chewed from end to end in the
meantime).

Yes, it really works. :-) So do the other
distraction/praise techniques described therein.

If you are interested in the manual, you will
probably want to begin the exercises as well.

Regards,
Lisa

-----------------------

SEE?

From: Marilyn Rammell (marilynramm...@hotmail.com)
Subject: Re: Separation anxiety (?) help needed!
Date: 1999/10/13

Hi Steve,

Just want to second Jerry's method for dealing with this -
I've suggested it to quite a few clients now and it's worked
'every' time.

It sounds a little 'amusing' I agree, but it really works.

Two of the occasions it's worked have been when the
owners were almost at the point of giving up (one had
actually put their dog into kennels for a few days so
that they could re-decorate the demolition done by the dog).

They rang me while the dog was still in kennels and were
not yet decided whether to collect the dog or not.

The very first time they tried Jerry's method, it worked.

Best of luck,
Marilyn Rammell

-------------------------

Subject: To Jerry
1 From: MarilynRammell
Date: Tues, Aug 3 1999 3:00 am
Email: "MarilynRammell" <marilynramm...@hotmail.com>

Hello Jerry,

A client of mine asked to say a 'big thank you' to you.
They have a 8 month spaniel that they were about to get
rid of.

In fact they had put her into kennels for a few day while
they 'thought it through'. They rang me the day before
they were due to collect her.

She had wrecked their home - everytime they left her she
destroyed something else. The walls, the cabinets, the
carpets, table legs, chair legs, - anything and everything.

They collected her and brought her to me. I gave them some
routine training exercises, and also I wrote out your advice
(I will say at this point that I was not sure about it at all,
and felt a little embarrassed - it was the advice about the
'toy dog that gets the praise for not making a mess'.

Anyway, this was 11 days ago and I heard nothing. Yesterday
they turned up at the new Monday evening class. They were
absolutely delighted.

They told me that after just one attempt, (your toy suggestion)
she 'stopped all the destruction'. They were in tear of happiness
while telling me.

Thank you Jerry.
Respectfully,
Marilyn

----------------

SEE?

AND LIKE THIS:

"Anthony Testa" <testa52> wrote in message

We came home to almost $1,000 in damage.
Furniture, the blinds were all chewed and torn
down, etc. The next day we put her in the crate
again. This time we came home to a nice 2' x 3'
hole in our carpet in the middle of the living room,
right down to the cement.

I told my wife that we cannot afford to keep this dog.
We should go out and get a puppy.

<SNIP>

First, at no cost he sent us his manual. We started
doing exactly what he said to do in the manual.

Exactly as we did was was written, the results were
exactly as he said it would be. Then we purchased
the DDR.

This is an amazing god send to us.

First of all, Jerry sent it to us without paying. (thanks
for that gesture) This has such and AMAZING effect.
This testimonial is kind of winded so I will say this......

Jerry's product literally saved this dogs life.

Angel can be left alone during the day. NO CRATE. The
dog shows absolutely no sign of anxiety at all. Jerry
told us the product works immediately and it did! She
does not bark at all during the day except when the
mailman drops mail into the slot on the door.

The manual for training works exactly as it says!

<SNIP>

Jerry, after reading some of the threads in the news
group, I can't for the life of me understand why this
many people are so dang blind or ignorant.

You just keep plugging away at what you do, because
you my friend are a life saver!!!

Anytime you need someone to speak about the results
of your product, you have my number. We would galdly
talk to them.

Thank you very much for all your help.

God bless you...
Anthony & Linda Testa
Jacksonville, Florida

----------------

SEE?

AND LIKE THIS:

Dave Cohen <coh...@total.net writes:

Re: Barking Deterrants Needed...

Hi.

Please understand that I do not know Jerry and have
spoken with him briefly once by email.

I have no stake or interest in the success of his business.
I simply want to thank him publicly for one of his tips, with
regards to separation anxiety.

I thought it seemed far fetched to praise a stuffed animal
and then say good bye to my own dog, but I am usually a
very open minded person, so I tried it. Well, lo and behold-
the damn trick worked!

I think Jerry has some intriguing techniques, and
personally I think everyone who constantly criticizes
him is not understanding his logic.

Thank you Jerry!

----------------

SEE?

From: "LESPERANCE/DEAKIN" <madea...@total.net>
Date: 1999/10/06
Subject: Re: Separation Anxiety

Well Jerry, I have to hand it to you. It worked!

Our dog was very well behaved until I had to go on the
road for my work this summer. I was gone twice for 10
long days each time. Although there were still people
home, I am the "primary care-giver" to my dog, so he
became destructive (shoes, books, rugs, papers etc)

We have a crate, but I believe it is too small for him
now - he is a cross golden/gsd and when he sits or stands
he cannot hold his head up as the top is too low, so I
didn't want to crate him while I went to work for sometimes
8 hours.

Anyway, I decided to try your method with the toy.

I would find a toy, tell it to be good and place it in
his crate. After just 3 days, there was no more destruction
in the house - even when daughter or hubby forgot to put
their shoes away! Now the toy stays in the crate all day,
and he even crawls in to be with the "good toy" when I leave.

He seems quite proud when we come home.

I have not tried the can thing - don't quite understand
that, so I think my dog may be confused too!

Marcie (Winslow's mom)

------------------

SEE?

AND LIKE THIS:

"nesskay" <ness...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

It has been a couple of months since we have initiated Jerry Howe's
recommendations for resolving the separation anxiety in our 8 y.o.
chocolate lab.

We have seen remarkable results.

She can now be left on our houseboat and we can return with
all of the wood trim and/or blinds intact. Before we spoke with
Jerry and started the training, we could not leave her without
her barking in a high pitch incessantly.

I had resorted to "building her a pen" with pieces of chair railing,
putting chairs in front of windows, and moving the bed so that she
could not get to the blind (again!). It would take about 10-15
minutes of planning and moving things before we could leave.

Even with that, she would find something to destroy. We NOW
use the surrogate toy method and can go out, shop, go to dinner
or whatever, without any problems.

She is glad to see us when we return, but no longer frantic.

I am so happy that this seems to be the norm now.

Another problem that we had with her was although she would
not destroy the house, she would leave us runny poop in several
places.(kind of the same as destroy I guess). I tried to blame this
on her diet, but realized that her anxiety level was so high that
she just had no control. Now, the only time that she has done
that is when she devoured a diaper from the trash!!!

Jerry's methods work. I found him by typing in separation
anxiety+orlando florida into Google, otherwise I don't want
to speculate what could have happened with Amelia.

We were at our Wit's End!!!!!! Thanks so much Jerry.
We have given your URL to everyone we know with a dog.

Your methods work. The others that we tried did not.

It is that simple!

Thank you, Thank you Thank you!
Nancy and Amelia

----------

SEE?

AND LIKE THIS:

From: AIMEE (countrygirl0...@yahoo.com)
Subject: House training and such...
Date: 2003-10-08 16:18:56 PST

I've been having a problem with my dog, Axel,
relieving himself in the house while I'm away
from home.

I've used TPW method's, and yesterday I was out
for 12 hours, and Axel didn't have one single "accident".

Today, I had hoped that the results would be just as
good - and they were (I was out for 11 hours).

The problem began when, as a puppy, Axel would
relieve himself in the house and I would point
at the mess and tell him "NO" or "Bad Dog".

That made him afraid to relieve himself in the
house or infront of me.

After I got TPW's training manual, I corrected my
mishandling of these instances.

When I came home to an "accident", I would simply
drop a can near the area and ask Axel "What's that?"
Then I would clean it up - with out showing him I was
the least bit upset about the mess, and when he looked
at the spot I would tell him "Good boy, you're a good dog".

This has been an ongoing problem, and thanks to the
Puppy Wizard, we've finally got it taken care of...

Also, Axel LOVES the cat's litter box...He enjoys the
"snacks" he can find in there...I followed TPW's methods
by alternating sounds and praising him while or before
he sticks his nose in it, and today, he's been going into
the room with the cat box and barking. That's because
he's thinking about getting into the box, but he knows he
shouldn't.

Thank you, Jerry, for all you help.

You've been a blessing to all of us.

AIMEE

-----------------------

From: AIMEE (countrygirl0...@yahoo.com):

I own a black an tan coonhound. We got him
as a puppy, and due to constant mishandling
(pulling on his lead, negative corrections, and
the occasional use of a bark collar) I ended
up with a very anxious dog.

I couldn't leave him home alone, I couldn't
crate him, I couldn't even take my dog for
walks because he feared EVERYTHING.

I was going to have to get rid of him if things
didn't turn around.

My husband and I searched the internet for
answers - AND WE FOUND THE PUPPY WIZARD.

For all of you disbeliveers out there HIS METHODS WORK!

I've followed his manual, and we now have a
dog that can be left home alone, that heels
on command, that can go outside and NOT
be afraid of everything he sees.

Not only have his methods helped our dog, but
our marriage has gotten better. We had fallen
into a rut - constant bickering and tension, we
never laughed or had FUN together - but now,
with the same mindset used in THE PUPPY
WIZARDS dog training, our communications
channels have opened, and we now work
together instead of against one another.

For all the "Literalists" out there, NO WE DID
NOT TEACH EACH OTHER TO SIT, STAY,
OR HEEL.

We simply eliminated the nagging and the acting out to get
NEGATIVE attention from one another since we weren't getting
the POSITIVE attention we wanted.

So, it's been proven - THE PUPPY WIZARDS METHODS WORK.

It's up to you to accept them. Yes, there's alot of blame that we
have to accept, but once we realize that we've caused these
problems to arise, we can strive to make things better.

AIMEE

=============
*****************************

SEE?

> I'm talking to my vet tomorrow about doggie downers
> as well, though I'm not a big fan of the idea.

That's ABSURD. Furthermore, they only work 65%
of the time, accordin to the pharmacutical companies.

Here sharon too, veterinary office manager, mrs. veterinary
malpracticioner, fraud, liar, coward, and active accute chronic
life long incurable mental case WHO'S OWN DOG GOT THE
SAME PROBLEM, SNIPPED the part where Robin REPORTED
CURING her 12 year old dog's SEPARATION anXXXIHOWESNESS
and told her not to talk abHOWET her 100% CONSISTENTLY
NEARLY INSTANT SUCCESS here on The Freakin Simply Amazing
Puppy Wizard's 100% CONSISTENTLY NEARLY INSTANTLY
SUCCESSFUL FREE WWW Wits' End Dog Training Method Manual
Forums:

From: Robin
Date: Mon, Jun 13 2005 6:14 pm
Email: Robin robin4...@yahoo.com

In article <11arv91h2lk8...@corp.supernews.com>,
"Sharon too" <requestmyaddyfi...@nospam.com> wrote:

> This is obviously a request for a two person conversation.
> <snipped>
> Your private discussion with him here will benefit no one.

Who are you to judge the group benefit of the content
of my posts, or to dictate if I may post it, to Jerry
or anyone else?

Robin.

AND THEN she DONE IT AGAIN:

From: Sharon too
Date: Mon, Jun 13 2005 6:23 pm
Email: "Sharon too" <requestmyaddyfi...@nospam.com>

>> This is obviously a request for a two person conversation.

<snipped>

>> Your private discussion with him here will benefit no one.

> Who are you to judge the group benefit of the content of
> my posts, or to dictate if I may post it, to Jerry or
> anyone else?

Read the group. Google archives. By all means, if you are
seeking a professional opinion from this person you had
better check resources and references. Since he has tried
hundreds of times, if not more, over the years to insert
himself and his claims here at rec.pets.dogs.health, that
should be reference enough. Still want to follow his
convoluted advice?

Your risk.

As for judging the group, I was merely trying to give
you advice which was to take your questions to private
e-mail snce your request would get you nothing but
headaches from people who are constantly killfiling
Jerry, his new IDs and sockpuppets.

-Sharon

-----------

Robin REPORTED she CURED her 12 year old dog's FEAR
OF THUNDER and SEPARATION anXXXIHOWESNESS
NEARLY INSANTLY.

Your own dogs got SEPARATION anXXXIHOWESNESS
and FEAR OF THUNDER and cruciate ligament DIS-EASE,
don't they, sharon too,

And THAT'S HOWE COME only liars dog abusers cowards
and active acute chronic long term incurable mental
cases post here abHOWETS UNLESS it's to say "THANK
YOU The Sincerely Incredibly Freakin Insanely Simply
Amazing Grand Puppy, Child, Pussy, Birdy And Horsey
Wizard, your FREE MANUAL SAVED MY DOG'S LIFE.
G-D BLESS YOU."

"Sharon" <askformya...@nospamhotmail.com> wrote in message
news: 129umcv96eae__BEGIN_MASK_n#9g02mG7!__...__END_MASK_i?a63jfAD
$*.@corp.supernews.com...

> At my wit's end, I found Jerry Howe's information on the
> Internet, contacted him and read his manual. At this point
> she is not cured, but by making a fuss over an inanimate
> object when I leave, I can see progress in the area of
> separation anxiety. I am using his manual to work on other
> aspects of her behavior. I just want to say thanks so much
> to Jerry for his manual, .....

> Nesskay

Let me be the first:

<PLONK>

Fall in line, folks.

-------------------------

SEE?

> Perhaps some insight on those who have used them?

AS STATED. You're askin LIARS DOG ABUSERS COWARDS
and ACTIVE ACCUTE CHRONIC LIFE LONG INCURABLE
MALIGNANT MALICIHOWES MENTAL CASES for advice
for the SAME PROBLEMS their own dogs got that they can't fix.

LIKE THIS:

"I crate Rocky, even though he's 8.5 years old, but
only when I'm gone during summertime days - maybe
an hour at the most.

(Other than hot days, my dogs are always with me.)

While Friday has been totally reliable unsupervised
from the day I got him from a rescue, Rocky has not.
Rocky will go looking for food even in areas where
there's no possibility of food.

The good thing is that he likes his crate, runs for
it when I ask, and gets food when he's in it.
--
--Matt. Rocky's a Dog.

Subject: "Read any good books, lately?"
From: Rocky
Date: Tues, Apr 4 2000 12:00 am

Interesting. In the past, Rocky has enjoyed the
classics, most notably a 150 year old leather-bound
edition of the "Count of Monte Cristo".

It was slow going at first, but once he
got into it he couldn't put it down.
--
--Matt. Rocky's a Dog.

BWEEEEEEEEEAAHAHAHHAAA!!!

HOWEDY matty,

Rocky wrote:
> Robin said in rec.pets.dogs.health:
> > Jerry, you give the lying dog abusing punk thug coward
> > mental cases too much credit for the ability to influence

Naaah, The Amazing Puppy Wizard was just BAITING these lying
dog abusing punk thug coward mental cases again <{); ~ ) >

> You really are a piece of work.

INDEEDY, matty. Robin studied and followed the INSTRUCTIONS
in her FREE COPY of The Amazing Puppy Wizard's 100% CONSISTENTLY
NEARLY INSTANTLY SUCCESSFUL FREE
WWW Wits' End Dog Training Method Manual and REPORTED
her 100% NEARLY INSTANT SUCCESS RIGHT HERE on The
Amazing Puppy Wizard's FREE WWW Wits' End Dog Training
Method Manual Forums And SCHOOL Of HARD KNOCKS And
HUMAN BEHAVIOR RESEARCH LABORATORIES, matty <{); ~ ) >

You're settin in it <{); ~ ) >

> Keep this out of the health groups, 'kay?

Dogs DIE from separation anXXXIHOWESNESS, matty, JUST
LIKE HOWE your own DEATHLY ILL dog Rocky is DYIN from
STRESS INDUCED AUTO-IMMUNE DIS-EASE aka The Puppy
Wizard's SYNDROME, on accHOWENT of you're a lyin dog abusin
punk thug coward MENTAL CASE, matty, and you can't post here
abHOWETS nodoGgamenedMOORE <{); ~ ) >

> --
> --Matt. Rocky's a Dog.

--------------

Re: Crate training questions...

"Rocky" <2...@rocky-dog.com> wrote in message

Robin Nuttall <robi...@mchsi.com> said in
rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

>> One day you may do better than your poor three week
>> benchbark. Keep at it, keep learning, and keep an open
>> mind.

> It really does depend on the dog. I've housebroken dogs in
> 1-2 weeks; Zipper took 4 months of hard slog. A lot of it
> is being organized and hyper aware of the dog at all times.

I agree. I thought that the post I was responding to was
somewhat condescending, so I did the same. I should have
stopped my reply after the first paragraph.

Still, I think that Antares should keep an open mind
towards crates. Heck, we still haven't gotten into all
their other wonderful uses.
--

> Janet B <j...@bestfriendsdogobedience.com> said in
> rec.pets.dogs.behavior:
>>Given the total freedom of the house and total access to
>>me, my dogs slept all day, sometimes in their crates. Oh
>>yeah, crating them during the day is so cruel! Why, it
>>forces them to, um, do what they were doing anyway?

> And they got up and stretched, looked out the window,
> etc, and then went back to sleeping, right?

Uncrated, my crated dog may have done all those things.
Balance missing those activities vs. the resulting lack of
distruction (and potential danger) and all of the activities
we did outside of Monday to Friday 8 to 5.
--
--Matt. Rocky's a Dog.

BWEEEAAAHAAAHAAA~!~!~!

Re: Question from Newbie re toilet training

From: Rocky (mbon...@sunada.com)
Subject: Re: Leg Humper
Date: 1999/09/14

B*.@aol.com (Jerry Howe) wrote in
<*.@bellsouth.net>:

> By "sticking your knee up," I can only presume that
> you are suggesting that the people knee the dog in
> the chest. If that's what you meant, just say it,
> instead of beating around the bush to avoid criticism
> from people like me. That kind of crap has got to
> stop, and that's why I'm here, to help wean you guys
> off of the abuse and into the proper methods of
> dealing with behavior problems.

Jerry, I was appreciating your explanation
up until this last paragraph.

Why did you blow it?

--Matt

BWEEEEAHAHAHHAAA!!!

AND LIKE THIS:

Melinda Shore wrote:
> In article <0bid32hese5r0g4sst35iutqqb2db3j...@4ax.com>,
> sighthounds & siberians <x...@ncweb.com> wrote:
> > Not to pick nits, but that stuff about talking to the toy
> > is - - for lack of a better word - - original, isn't it?

Yeah. The Freakin Simply Amazing Puppy Wizard came up with
the idea while trainin a MENTAL PATIENT who's dog was havin
separation anXXXIHOWESNESS problems.

NON PHYSCIAL C-HOWENTER CONditioning aka The
Freakin Simply Amazing Puppy Wizard's Surrogate Toy
Separation AnXXXIHOWESNESS / Bed Time Calming /
Fear Of Thunder / Car Sickness / Submissive Urination /
Obsessive Compulsive Masturbation / Chronic Urinary
Tract / Bladder / Irritable BHOWEL / Obsessive Compulsive
Marking / Self Mutilation / Spraying / Defecating Syndrome
Technique works JUST LIKE FREAKIN MAGICK for LOTS
of CONditions <{); ~ ) >

> > I can't recall reading/hearing it anywhere else.

Of curse you can. You've READ IT in DOZENS of CASE
HISTORY REPORTS from The Freakin Simply Amazing
Puppy Wizard's 100% CONSISTENTLY NEARLY
INSTANTLY SUCCESSFUL FREE WWW Wits' End Dog
Training Method Manual Student from ALL OVER The
WHOWEL WILD WORLD which you call STUPIDLAND
whom you call SELFISH INCONSIDERATE DIMWITS
and LIARS.

LIKE THIS:

Thurs,Jun 16 2005 4:17 am
Subject: Re: Puppy Wizard - Report, Day Two

HOWEDY malinda,

Melinda Shore wrote:
> In article <robin4joy-49BEBF.23045015062.­....@news.west.cox.net>,
> Robin <robin4...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> [nothing of value]

"Success!" is what Robin wrote, malinda.

Robin wrote that she CURED her 12 year old dogs
separation anXXXIHOWESNESS NEARLY INSTANTLY
using her FREE COPY of The Amazing Puppy Wizard's
FREE WWW Wits' End Dog Training Method Manual <{);~ ) >

> jeebus but you're a selfish, inconsiderate dimwit.

That so? Didn't you want to know HOWE she done it, malinda?

> Plonk.

BWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAHAHAHAHHH­AHAAAA!!!

Subject: semi OT- water dish
From: Melinda Shore

malinda wrote:
> They're heavy when full and they're one of the few
> things that Eclipse hasn't seen fit to relocate within
> the house

Well HOWE COME would she WANT to what with all the
other GOOD STUFF you provide for her to play with?

> (last week I found a lightbulb in her crate,

Like THAT for EXXXAMPLE. NHOWE THAT'S CREATIVITY.
You should encourage your dogs to do more play / learnin / trainin
activities. Dogs are like wet sponges, don't you know!

HOWEver, The Freakin Simply Amazing Puppy Wizard
can't think of ANYTHING MOORE DANGERHOWES
for a doggy to PLAY with, malinda. Perhaps you should
offer her an alternate?

Try TRADING UP for sumpthin of higher value. Perhaps
you can offer to let her make her own choice of say,
ANY TWO items from your bedroom in EXXXCHANGE?

> for pete's sake -

Ahhh, yes, Pete. That's Laura's dog you was tellin
abHOWET HOWE to post through The Freakin Simply
Amazing Puppy Wizard's 100% CONSISTENLY NEARLY
INSTANTLY SUCCESSFUL FREE WWW Wits' End Dog
Training Method Manual Forums <{): ~ ) >

> I have no idea where she got it from).

Perhaps she got it from your bedroom, malinda?:

http://www.employees.org/~shore/trashedbedroom2.jpg

You might wanna ask janet or matty HOWE to manage
and supervise your doggys so they won't steal STUFF
from your garbage?

> I think it would be kind of an effort
> to tip one of those over.

You mean instead of just trainin them not to do it?

--------------

> Thank you!

INDEED?

> He's a very good dog. Born and raised right here on the farm.
> I work at home as a Licensed Realtor, but when I leave, he
> needs to be put up because he will get anxious, mark and
> destroy things if I am gone too long.

So you wanna lock IT inside a box so IT will destroy
the box, shit an piss an lay in it, break his teeth and
toenails tryin to ESCAPE and if you're LUCKY,
finally settle DHOWEN to some self mutilation?

> He is neutered.

Surgical sexual mutilation CAUSES anXXXIHOWESNESS
and temperament behavior problems and physical DIS-EASES.

> Walked with my other three 2 miles each morning. Lives like
> a prince. Sleeps in his crate upstairs in our bedroom all night, no
> problem.

INDEED?

> TIA.

Here's professor "SCRUFF SHAKE And SCREAM 'NO!'
Into ITS Face For Five Seconds And Lock IT In A Box For
Ten Minutes Contemplation" dermer of UofWI Department
Of ANAL-ytic Behavior AFTER gettin JERRYIZED:

"We Are Lucky To Have You, And More People Should
Come To Their Senses And Support Your Valuable Work.
God Bless The Puppy Wizard," Professor Marshall Dermer,
Dept Of ANAL-ytic Behavior, UofWI.

Date: Wed, Nov 30 2005 3:30 pm

From: J1Boss (j1b...@aol.com)
Date: 2002-06-27 03:30:11 PST

From: J1Boss (j1b...@aol.com)

Date: 2002-06-27 05:20:30 PST

Date: 2001-11-14 09:13:21 PST

"Yves Dussault" <ydussa...@sympatico.ca> wrote in message

> Hi!
> I have downloaded Wit's End Dog Training Method...

> In there there is that trick with a toy about
> "Separation anxiety surrogate toy technique."
> Anybody has tried that... I would like to give it
> a try with my GSP (German shorthair.....pointer)
> Comments? Yves Dussault

Yves,

I for one have tried it... in fact I use this all the time.
I just used it last evening while my husband and I went out
to see "The Mummy Returns" (a horrible turkey of a movie,
but at least the house wasn't chewed from end to end in the
meantime).

Yes, it really works. :-) So do the other
distraction/praise techniques described therein.

If you are interested in the manual, you will
probably want to begin the exercises as well.

Regards,
Lisa

-----------------------

SEE?

Just wanted to tell you we read your manual and have
started working with the dogs...

"Chloe" (the one we adopted--a.k.a. "The Destroyer")
has already shown great improvement! (In Just 1 DAY!)
She responds even better than our other
(better-behaved) dog "Poe".

We tried out the surrogate toy technique, and not a thing
was touched when we got back! We were both surpised
because Chloe isn't that interested in toys and was still very
uptight about us reaching for the door...anyway, it seemed
to work. We both work all day today so we'll see how that
goes...

Regardless, we will be cool as cukes when we get home! ;)

I'm just so thankful we might have a chance to get
through to her! We're very excited about her progress
thus far...

Thank You!
Nicole, Michael, Poe and especially Chloe!

-----------------

SEE?

AND LIKE THIS:

From: AIMEE (countrygirl0...@yahoo.com):

From: Robin
Date: Mon, Jun 13 2005 6:14 pm

From: Sharon too
Date: Mon, Jun 13 2005 6:23 pm
Email: "Sharon too" <requestmyaddyfi...@nospam.com>

>> This is obviously a request for a two person conversation.

<snipped>

>> Your private discussion with him here will benefit no one.

> Who are you to judge the group benefit of the content of
> my posts, or to dictate if I may post it, to Jerry or
> anyone else?

Read the group. Google archives. By all means, if you are
seeking a professional opinion from this person you had
better check resources and references. Since he has tried
hundreds of times, if not more, over the years to insert
himself and his claims here at rec.pets.dogs.health, that
should be reference enough. Still want to follow his
convoluted advice?

Your risk.

As for judging the group, I was merely trying to give
you advice which was to take your questions to private
e-mail snce your request would get you nothing but
headaches from people who are constantly killfiling
Jerry, his new IDs and sockpuppets.

-Sharon

-----------

Robin REPORTED she CURED her 12 year old dog's FEAR
OF THUNDER and SEPARATION anXXXIHOWESNESS
NEARLY INSANTLY.

Your own dogs got SEPARATION anXXXIHOWESNESS
and FEAR OF THUNDER and cruciate ligament DIS-EASE,
don't they, sharon too,

And THAT'S HOWE COME only liars dog abusers cowards
and active acute chronic long term incurable mental
cases post here abHOWETS UNLESS it's to say "THANK
YOU The Sincerely Incredibly Freakin Insanely Simply
Amazing Grand Puppy, Child, Pussy, Birdy And Horsey
Wizard, your FREE MANUAL SAVED MY DOG'S LIFE.
G-D BLESS YOU."

"Sharon" <askformya...@nospamhotmail.com> wrote in message
news: 129umcv96eae__BEGIN_MASK_n#9g02mG7!__...__END_MASK_i?a63jfAD
$*.@corp.supernews.com...

> At my wit's end, I found Jerry Howe's information on the
> Internet, contacted him and read his manual. At this point
> she is not cured, but by making a fuss over an inanimate
> object when I leave, I can see progress in the area of
> separation anxiety. I am using his manual to work on other
> aspects of her behavior. I just want to say thanks so much
> to Jerry for his manual, .....

> Nesskay

Let me be the first:

<PLONK>

Fall in line, folks.

-------------------------

SEE?

From: Rocky
Date: Tues, Apr 4 2000 12:00 am

--------------

From: Rocky (mbon...@sunada.com)
Date: 1999/09/14

B*.@aol.com (Jerry Howe) wrote in

From: Melinda Shore

malinda wrote:
> They're heavy when full and they're one of the few
> things that Eclipse hasn't seen fit to relocate within
> the house

Well HOWE COME would she WANT to what with all the
other GOOD STUFF you provide for her to play with?

> (last week I found a lightbulb in her crate,

Like THAT for EXXXAMPLE. NHOWE THAT'S CREATIVITY.
You should encourage your dogs to do more play / learnin / trainin
activities. Dogs are like wet sponges, don't you know!

HOWEver, The Freakin Simply Amazing Puppy Wizard
can't think of ANYTHING MOORE DANGERHOWES
for a doggy to PLAY with, malinda. Perhaps you should
offer her an alternate?

Try TRADING UP for sumpthin of higher value. Perhaps
you can offer to let her make her own choice of say,
ANY TWO items from your bedroom in EXXXCHANGE?

> for pete's sake -

Ahhh, yes, Pete. That's Laura's dog you was tellin
abHOWET HOWE to post through The Freakin Simply
Amazing Puppy Wizard's 100% CONSISTENLY NEARLY
INSTANTLY SUCCESSFUL FREE WWW Wits' End Dog
Training Method Manual Forums <{): ~ ) >

> I have no idea where she got it from).

Perhaps she got it from your bedroom, malinda?:

http://www.employees.org/~shore/trashedbedroom2.jpg

You might wanna ask janet or matty HOWE to manage
and supervise your doggys so they won't steal STUFF
from your garbage?

> I think it would be kind of an effort
> to tip one of those over.

You mean instead of just trainin them not to do it?

--------------

> Thank you!

INDEED?

> He's a very good dog. Born and raised right here on the farm.
> I work at home as a Licensed Realtor, but when I leave, he
> needs to be put up because he will get anxious, mark and
> destroy things if I am gone too long.

So you wanna lock IT inside a box so IT will destroy
the box, shit an piss an lay in it, break his teeth and
toenails tryin to ESCAPE and if you're LUCKY,
finally settle DHOWEN to some self mutilation?

> He is neutered.

Surgical sexual mutilation CAUSES anXXXIHOWESNESS
and temperament behavior problems and physical DIS-EASES.

> Walked with my other three 2 miles each morning. Lives like
> a prince. Sleeps in his crate upstairs in our bedroom all night, no
> problem.

INDEED?

> [...]

Ruling Man, There Will Be Animals
(And Humans!) Abused And Neglected. :-(
Your Student," Juanita.

"If You've Got Them By The Balls
Their Hearts And Minds
Will Follow,"-
-John Wayne-

"Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens!"
"Against stupidity the Gods themselves contend in vain."
-Friedrich Schiller

INDEEDY.

AND THAT'S HOWE COME THEY GOT ME NHOWE!

"Ye shall know the truth,
and the truth shall make you mad." -
~Aldous Huxley.

In Love And Light,
I Remain Respectfully, Humbly Yours,
Jerry Howe,
The Sincerely Incredibly Freakin Insanely Simply
A-M-A-Z-I-N-G
G-R-A-N-D
Puppy, Child, Pussy, Birdy, Goat, Ferret, Monkey,

Diddy
2008-01-16 19:56:23 EST
"\(the\)duckster" <duckster@erinet.com> spoke these words of wisdom in

> Dear experienced dog folk,
>
> I am interested in purchasing this crate for one of my dogs. Has anyone
> had any experience with it? Or something similar? At $250 it's a
> little pricey to turn into just another horizontal surface. He's
> destroyed the standard issue crate so I need to switch to the heavy
> artillery. I'm talking to my vet tomorrow about doggie downers as well,
> though I'm not a big fan of the idea. Perhaps some insight on those who
> have used them? Thank you!
>
> He's a very good dog. Born and raised right here on the farm. I work
> at home as a Licensed Realtor, but when I leave, he needs to be put up
> because he will get anxious, mark and destroy things if I am gone too
> long.
>
> He is neutered. Walked with my other three 2 miles each morning. Lives
> like a prince. Sleeps in his crate upstairs in our bedroom all night,
> no problem.
>
> TIA.
>
> Kelly Kirsch
> www.kellykirsch.com
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350014316122&refid=sto
> re

It sounds like a major issue with separation anxiety.

google "separation anxiety" + dog and see if something fits in your
lifestyle. In the meantime, I'd get him a very sturdy outdoor kennel. Not a
flimsy one, then work on the sep-anx issues before trying an in the house
crate again

\the\duckster
2008-01-16 20:13:01 EST

"diddy" <none> wrote in message
> "\(the\)duckster" <duckster@erinet.com> spoke these words of wisdom in
>
> > Dear experienced dog folk,
> >
> > I am interested in purchasing this crate for one of my dogs. Has anyone
> > had any experience with it? Or something similar? At $250 it's a
> > little pricey to turn into just another horizontal surface. He's
> > destroyed the standard issue crate so I need to switch to the heavy
> > artillery. I'm talking to my vet tomorrow about doggie downers as well,
> > though I'm not a big fan of the idea. Perhaps some insight on those who
> > have used them? Thank you!
> >
> > He's a very good dog. Born and raised right here on the farm. I work
> > at home as a Licensed Realtor, but when I leave, he needs to be put up
> > because he will get anxious, mark and destroy things if I am gone too
> > long.
> >
> > He is neutered. Walked with my other three 2 miles each morning. Lives
> > like a prince. Sleeps in his crate upstairs in our bedroom all night,
> > no problem.
> >
> > TIA.
> >
> > Kelly Kirsch
> > www.kellykirsch.com

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350014316122&refid=sto
> > re
> >

> It sounds like a major issue with separation anxiety.

Yes, I would agree. The odd thing is that my four are seldom left home
alone. In nice weather, they bask outside on several acres of land, though
lately they've been enjoying a steam bath lying on the pool cover.

Even stranger, he sleeps gladly and peacefully in the crate upstairs in our
room. Runs up every night to get his peanut butter bone.

But leaving him in the downstairs one was a different story. And I only do
it when I can't put them outside - as in bad or cold weather.

But I will google your suggestion and see if there isn't something else that
can be done. I don't have a problem with a crate. I just wanted to buy
something he couldn't destoy, possibly impaling himself.

Thank you for writing.

(the)duckster

> google "separation anxiety" + dog and see if something fits in your
> lifestyle. In the meantime, I'd get him a very sturdy outdoor kennel. Not
> flimsy one, then work on the sep-anx issues before trying an in the house
> crate again

Diddy
2008-01-16 21:19:43 EST

> "diddy" <none> wrote in message
>> "\(the\)duckster" <duckster@erinet.com> spoke these words of wisdom in
>>
>> > Dear experienced dog folk,
>> >
>> > I am interested in purchasing this crate for one of my dogs. Has
>> > anyone had any experience with it? Or something similar? At $250
>> > it's a little pricey to turn into just another horizontal surface.
>> > He's destroyed the standard issue crate so I need to switch to the
>> > heavy artillery. I'm talking to my vet tomorrow about doggie downers
>> > as well, though I'm not a big fan of the idea. Perhaps some insight
>> > on those who have used them? Thank you!
>> >
>> > He's a very good dog. Born and raised right here on the farm. I
>> > work at home as a Licensed Realtor, but when I leave, he needs to be
>> > put up because he will get anxious, mark and destroy things if I am
>> > gone too long.
>> >
>> > He is neutered. Walked with my other three 2 miles each morning.
>> > Lives like a prince. Sleeps in his crate upstairs in our bedroom all
>> > night, no problem.
>> >
>> > TIA.
>> >
>> > Kelly Kirsch
>> > www.kellykirsch.com
>> >

> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350014316122&refid=sto
>> > re
>> >

>> It sounds like a major issue with separation anxiety.
>
> Yes, I would agree. The odd thing is that my four are seldom left home
> alone. In nice weather, they bask outside on several acres of land,
> though lately they've been enjoying a steam bath lying on the pool
> cover.
>
> Even stranger, he sleeps gladly and peacefully in the crate upstairs in
> our room. Runs up every night to get his peanut butter bone.
>
> But leaving him in the downstairs one was a different story. And I only
> do it when I can't put them outside - as in bad or cold weather.
>
> But I will google your suggestion and see if there isn't something else
> that can be done. I don't have a problem with a crate. I just wanted
> to buy something he couldn't destoy, possibly impaling himself.
>
> Thank you for writing.
>
> (the)duckster
>

>> google "separation anxiety" + dog and see if something fits in your
>> lifestyle. In the meantime, I'd get him a very sturdy outdoor kennel.
>> Not
>> flimsy one, then work on the sep-anx issues before trying an in the
>> house crate again

Those who are seldom home alone usually have the most dependency on your
presence ... hence the separation anxiety.

I'm home most of the time and constantly battle Sep-Anx with my dogs. Seems
boys are worse than girls.

My boy has finally worked through his separation anxiety, but just in case,
i crate him when gone.

Paul E. Schoen
2008-01-17 01:06:49 EST

"diddy" <none> wrote in message
[snip]

> Those who are seldom home alone usually have the most dependency on your
> presence ... hence the separation anxiety.
>
> I'm home most of the time and constantly battle Sep-Anx with my dogs.
> Seems
> boys are worse than girls.
>
> My boy has finally worked through his separation anxiety, but just in
> case,
> i crate him when gone.

I'm surprised that (I'm assuming) Tuck has Sep-Anx issues, but I think all
dogs are unique individuals, and many factors combine to define their
behavior. Muttley has always been a low-key, independent, and aloof dog,
and he was apparently doing pretty well fending for himself on the streets
before he was rescued. He certainly had his issues, especially in the first
six months when I mostly kept him tethered outside, and had to watch him
closely when I allowed him some freedom indoors. But he seemed to
communicate to me very strongly that he wanted to be inside, and not forced
outside, and I was able to allow him free run of the house, first for a
couple of hours, and then eventually for 12-14 hours.

There were times when I would be at home continually for several days at a
time, so I guess he got used to a variable schedule. He never seemed
"needy", as some dogs are, so I may have been fortunate that he came
pre-wired with a good disposition for being left alone. He enjoys being
with me most of the time, but also enjoys chewing his bones by the
woodstove downstairs, or basking in the sun on the deck. He also usually
likes to sleep in bed with me, mostly curled up at my feet (or on them),
but sometimes he likes to lay with his head on the pillow next to me.

Lucky was more of a "needy" dog, in terms of wanting to be with people.
That's why it was especially sad when she was made to stay tethered by the
Gazebo while she was at Eagles Nest. It was nice to see her freely roaming
the property unleashed, and interacting well with lots of people and the
many cats, but it was also scary and dangerous when she ran across the busy
road. When I finally took her in, I had to keep her crated much of the
time, because of Muttley's jealousy and rough play that looked as if it
might escalate into a real fight. When I had to go away for 8-12 hours, I
always crated her and allowed Muttley to roam the house. I only left them
together in the house once, for a couple of hours, and it was OK, but I
feared that I might come home to a canine crime scene. She would often bark
and howl when she was in the crate too long, and I felt sorry for having to
make her live that way. She really was a "people" dog, and she really
seemed to become totally relaxed with me on the last night I had her, as
she lay next to me all night in bed, while Muttley was locked out of the
room. It is a bittersweet memory, but I am sure she has a much better home
now.

It's time for me to ask Muttley to get off the bed so I can get
comfortable, after which he will rejoin me for a good night's sleep. It's
going to be a cold night, but not quite a "3 Dog Night".

Paul and Muttley

*@I-Love-Dogs.Com
2008-01-17 06:52:45 EST
HOWEDY (the)duckster,

"(the)duckster" <duckster@erinet.com> wrote in message

> "diddy" <none> wrote in message
>> "\(the\)duckster" <duckster@erinet.com> spoke these words of wisdom in
>>
>> > Dear experienced dog folk,

Well, you've FHOWEND yourself in EXXXCELLENT company
ain't you, (the)duckster: "You're JUDGED BY the company you
keep. When you lie with PIGS you'll awaken STINKIN like 'em,"
The Puppy Wizard's DADDY <{}: ~ ( >

>> > I am interested in purchasing this crate for one of my dogs.

I TOLD YOU that lockin dogs in boxes and ignoring their
cries or sprayin aversives in their faces or jerkin an chokin
them MAKES THEM INSANE and causes life threatenin
STRESS INDUCED AUTO-IMMUNE DIS-EASES a.k.a.
The Puppy Wizard's Syndrome <{}: ~ ( >

>> > Has anyone had any experience with it? Or something similar?

You mean, maybe sumpthin LIKE THIS?:

"diddy" <none> wrote in message

A dog trainer must succeed. By nature, "Command" mentality
makes dog trainers a curmudgeonly lot. The deeper a dog
behavior digs in, the more willing a good trainer is to do
what it takes to uproot the undesired behavior.

This willingness to tackle what results in a battle of wills
is well pronounced in dog trainers. And if you think that's
something, try horse trainer lists, where the ante is upped X
1000 pounds and poor results can KILL you!

However, "nice little horsey " types are rarely successful
in horse training and rather self extinguishing bringing
about more moderation in established techniques.

I would not allow that behavior AT ALL. Inconsistancies
are going to come back and bite you. I don't understand
how, you as a trainer, don't comprehend this.

Having a 100% reliable dog does not
EVER allow for mitigated circumstances.

A well-trained dog is a lifestyle.

You teach a dog to LEAVE it. A dog should be
taught to obey. I can call any of my dogs off
in full chase and ask them to drop anything
they are doing, and they will.

I think that should be expected of any breed, and
those who do not teach "leave it" fundementals
atre missing the boat," your newfHOWEND pal,
diddler <{}: ~ ) >

-------------------------

BWEEEAAAHAHAAAA~!~!~!

LIKE THIS:

"Cappy the beagle killed one of my ducklings today.
Tuck grabbed a leg, and swallowed a leg and thigh
before I could get him.

a month ago, he almost died from swallowing a
chicken wing. Now I'm sweating all over again.

I think he's never going to be allowed out ever
again without a muzzle! (he seems alright thus far.

-------------------

BWEEEAAAHAAAHAAA~!~!~!

AND LIKE THIS?:

Re: Tuck's SAR experience

"diddy" <d...@nospam.diddy.net> wrote in message

I just came in from putting chickens to bed, and Tuck
had my computer keyboard on the floor, and there are
now two keys missing.

Ornery git

-------------

BWEEEAAAHAAAHAAA~!~!~!

AND LIKE THIS?:

"diddy" <d...@nospam.diddy.net> wrote in message

I've scorned your counter surfing dog all these years. I just
discovered this morning, I had one also. I was slicing Beef
tongue (remember the tongue table re: tribute to Cate's
mom?) and I left it on the counter, while I went to read email.

I suddenly saw movement in the kitchen and there was
Tuck scarfing down 7 pounds of sliced tongue. Oh my
goodness gracious, where did he put all of that?

ANYWAY... I owe you an apology.

humiliated in Ohio
diddy

---------------------

BWEEEAAAHAAAHAAA~!~!~!

AND LIKE THIS?:

> in thread news:m1s5g2lsio01rsk9iisfcjotfqigmljjnp@4ax.com: Janet B
> <j...@bestfriendsdogobedience.com> whittled the following words:

> Curious how many choose to crate a dog forever,
> whenever they leave the house and/or overnight,
> or how many choose to wean from household
> crate usage (usage being shutting the dog in the
> crate, not the dog choosing to hang out there) at
> some specific ages or maturity levels.

> Not for how long during a workday, but how
> long for a dog's lifespan?

I plan on crating Tuck whenever NOT supervised
(which isn't often.. he usually is with me) Until the
day that he quits tearing apart everything in sight
when I leave the room.

A dog proof room doesn't work.

He's figured out door knobs. He's figured out cupboards,
and he loves to tug open dresser drawers. He's not
interested in anything left out in the open.

He's into treasure hunting, figuring anything worth
secreting away is worth his effort discovering. He's
discovered the sock stash is in drawers.

Trash cans? --not interested.
Counter tops? --not interested
Counter tops -with food? --not interested
Dog food sitting on the floorin open bags? --not interested

razor blades from bathroom drawers? ... Very cool stuff!

Mom really gets bent too!

nope.. His crate is going to be occupied for
some time to come.

As for the beagle.. She's never been trustworthy.

She's getting senile and never will be trustworthy,
so a crate is in her future until she crosses the bridge.

Reka, no crate at no time, She lost her crate when she was
5 months old. Both Tuck, and reka hangout in crates by choice.

Reka dens in the bathtub usually. (kind of a crate) But she
likes the beagles vantage point, because the beagles crate
is on top of Tuck's. Right next to the window so she can see
out. Tuck prefers the compartment with a view as well.

I always have to vacate him (even though the crate on top is
too small for both elkhounds, it's their preferred lookout)
when I wantto stick in the beagle.

Reka sleeps under the bed at night or in the bathtub at night
if it's really hot. She sleeps in the bathtub by day when not
watching from the penthouse suite.

Tuck is not crated at night, and has chosen to sleep in
the closet. The beagle holds down the couch, night and day.

------------------------------

BWEEEAAAHAAAHAAA~!~!~!

AND LIKE THIS?:

"diddy" <d...@diddy.net> wrote in message
On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 09:06:26 -0500, diddy <d...@diddy.net> wrote:

my new puppy, Tuck, grabbed a raw chicken wing and
wolfed it down on sunday. He's been in the hospital daily,
admitted sometimes, and home montored others.He's been
supported supported daily by fluids, hoping he would pass
it, but he's destabilizing fast, and has just gone into surgery
to have it removed from his stomach, and his intestines have
intuscepted from being empty for so long, and they need
surgery also.

------------------------

BWEEEAAAHAAAHAAA~!~!~!

AND LIKE THIS?:

From: diddy <d...@whoops.I.said.WHAT?>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 12:51:33 -0500

Subject: Re: Disaster plans for dog owners

We left Reka outside, Mr beeegs crated, Taya in the
house.. because Reka plays when Taya doesn't want
to, and Danny came with me. I forgot Taya counter
surf'd. I had 3 sticks of summer sausage sitting on the
table that I was going to give away.

When I came home, all three sticks were gone, with
only the paper skins left that I'd wrapped them with.
Taya had eaten over 5 POUNDS of summer sausage!

I just had to laugh, because otherwise, I'd have cried.

diddy
---------------

BWEEEAAAHAAAHAAAHAAA~!~!~!

AND LIKE THIS?:

Re: Just scheduled blood test--Zipper too

"diddy" <di...@nospam.diddy.net> wrote in message

> in thread news:IeqdnZChtN4RX5jbnZ2dnUVZ_uqvnZ2d@ptd.net: "MauiJNP"
> <jmh1...@ptd.net> whittled the following words:
> in thread news:IeqdnZChtN4RX5jbnZ2dnUVZ_uqvnZ2d@ptd.net: "MauiJNP"

<*.@ptd.net> whittled the following words:

> Seems to me, that should be a standard question for
> any pet having any problems at this time.

I took Tuck in last Wednesday to the vets because two weeks
before, he had chewed some old treated lumber. Knowing that
treated lumber used to be treated with Arsenic, and he ate a
substantial amount, I took him into the emergency clinic and
they treated him for arsenic poisoning.

A week later, he still had a raw stomach, esophagus and stomach
(revealed by endoscopy). He was treated with buffers, and antibiotics
to prevent infection of the inflamed tissues. Wednesday, still not
right, but improving, I took him back in for a recheck.

The first thing the vet did, was ask what foods I was feeding.
Which I understood why, but felt considering his current history,
was rather a unnecessary question. I felt we pretty much knew
what was going on with him.

Since he was greatly improved, we decided not to do another
endoscopy and just watch him. He's 100% back to normal.
Hope Cali is too.

------------

BWEEEAAAHAAAHAAA~!~!~!

AND LIKE THIS?:

Re: [ot] good thoughts please

Robin Nuttall <robi...@mchsi.com> composed these

.
>>> my new puppy, Tuck, grabbed a raw chicken wing and
>>> wolfed it down on sunday. He's been in the hospital
>>> daily, admitted sometimes, and home montored others.
>>> He's been supported supported daily by fluids,
>>> hoping he would pass it, but he's destabilizing fast,
>>> and has just gone into surgery to have it removed from
>>> his stomach, and his intestines have intuscepted from
>>> being empty for so long, and they need surgery also.
>
>>> He's lost more than half his body weight in the last
>>> two days. please send a positive thought for him. I
>>> know a lot of you don't like me. but he's not
>>> responsible for his owners behavior.
>
>>> Of course you have all the good thoughts we can
>> muster around here.

> Do we have a report from today yet? I read
> the one where he's a bit better....

His prognosis is really poor, even though his vital signs
are still good. he can walk to go out to potty, but he's
so painful he didn't want to.

he's miserable but drugged to the gills. He met me with
a meekly wagging tail. his face is swollen and his legs
are swollen, because he does not have the body protein
to assimilate the fluids.

When they did the surgery, his intestines were all stuck
together in one big adhesion. His intestines were even
stuck to his bladder, and they pulled them all apart, but
they wanted to glue themselves back almost immediately.

if they do that, he will die.

And this is what they were trying to do during the
surgery. I asked him if this is the case, why didn't
we just put him down?

I don't want him hurting like this, if he's not going
to survive it anyway. He said "no, beca...." and I
didn't hear the rest, the room got all green and hazy
and I had to sit down on the floor before I passed out.

So I really don't know why we are fighting to save him
if his prognosis is so poor. I told the vet to stop
talking.

He has peritonitis , no penetrations were evident from
the chicken bones, but we are assuming it was related
to the chicken wings. But he is also showing bone
anomalies similar to those dogs with a viral infection.

Viral infections can also cause abdominal adhesions.
so there were biopsies sent off for culture and testing.

He's also a low birthweight puppy, and my vet has suspected
there was a viral infection going on since birth, even
before he was born, because of lack of bone development
on the xrays.

when he looked at the prenatal xrays, he felt this litter
was in trouble. when they were low birthweight, he has
been working on that hunch, and he's been treating this
pup from the beginning as a suspect viral issue with an
immune mediated response.

his breeder calls my vet an idiot.

The massive adhesions he found also increased his suspicions
that this was not just the chicken bones but an ongoing problem.
he wanted to do the biopsy and i told him NO. (he tends to test
and test as if my dogs were lab rats) I need this dog fixed, and
regardless of the cause, the treatment is the same.

he says he needs to know and is paying for the test himself.
he says this information may be critical to his sister (who
is not exhibiting any problems btw) so he can suspect whatever
he wants, but i think he's looking for zebras, when he's
actually looking at a horse.

The lab work he is doing will confirm his hunch. it's his dime.
If he's right, Della (his sister) will also need to know.

if he's wrong, it hasn't hurt anything, and it didn't cost
me a dime. If he had a small pinhole leak from the bones,
it could also have set up the massive peritonitis.

Frankly, he ate the chicken wing, and was sick the next day.

Sometimes a horse is just a horse.

He started telling me how they handled the adhesion binding
and why he shouldn't be given up on, and why he thought he
had a chance, but I honestly didn't hear it, and asked him
to stop talking, because the fear of losing my little guy
was just so overwhelming, that I couldn't take any more.

the room was spinning, I was about to wretch and pass out.

I never heard what he had done to prevent that. He was about
to give me the good news, but I never heard it. The bad news
was so bad, I just wasn't in condition to assimilate any more.

This little guy was very similar to his Dad. They even keep
calling him Danny in the clinic, because he looks just like
him.

He's been a remarkable puppy, and shows endless talent.

We tried out for Ohio Task force one a couple weeks ago, and
he was the youngest one there by eight months! And he did the
best job of anyone. I was soooooo proud of him. I was very
proud of his performance. he's been a delight to train with
no apparent fears, tons of courage, biddability, and desire
to please.

I decided not to follow that route because orientation tapes
renewed old memories that reminded me even if I could (which
I had doubts) do the work, I was not willing to put my dog at
risk to the hazards that Task force One dogs are subject to.

He takes his tasks willingly and seriously .. he's a lot like
his dad. He's a very talented tracking dog, a wonderful gentleman,
consummate clown, noble companion, loyal friend, and helpful
assistant.

It's hard to believe that you can get so attached so fast.
He feels to everyone who meets him as a continuum of
his father, with the stability of his mother.

He runs out to the road, gets the newspaper and brings it
in as one of his favorite tasks. He looks for jobs he can
do, and picks up all the dog pans after eating, and hands
them to me, just like his dad did. He's constantly on the
prowl looking for something he can do where he can help.

He fills all the places that his dad used to be. No he
won't replace his dad, but he's filled the huge gaping
chasm that his dad left, and eased the hurt, and created
joy.

He also has his joyful moments. He likes to ride in the
car, and adjusts the air vents to blow in his face. He
hasn't learned to turn the cold control knobs yet, or he
would turn the car into a mobile igloo. He has learned
to operate door knobs, and nothing is out of his reach
unless crated.

Leaving the house for a few minutes and coming in to his
surprises such as finding bras dangling from ceiling fans,
and his projects strewn from one end of the house to the
other, or finding him all wrapped up in venetian blinds
as he tried to follow my progress outside, reminds me he
is NOT his dad, and is his ownunique personality.

Although I might look at his antics with discernment,
afterwards, it's good for a chuckle.

He's a puppy after all, and needs to be contained
when he's not being supervised.

===========

BWEEEAAAHAAAHAAAHAAA~!~!~!

BWEEEAAAHAAAHAAAHAAAHAAA~!~!~!

LIKE THIS:

diddler the shit stain scrawled on the walls
with her finger dipped in bloody poop:

From: diddy <d...@scared.to.death.with.our.political.situation>

Subject: Separation Anxiety

All this talk of SA. Thios goes way off topic, but it's
SA to the extreme.. but goes both ways. I know Danny has
Separation anxiety. He doesn't do physical damage, he
internalizes it.

Which I wish he wouldn't.

The vets all try to "fix" it and consider it a real problem.

I don't see it that way. I feel physically ill without him.
So it's mutual. I have made sure Reka does not EVER get that
attached. I do not want "our" mutual separation anxiety fixed.

I just take Danny me everywhere, and am honored by his company.

I resent the vets that they consider this a "problem". In fact,
I stole him out of a specialists care that thought the SA should
be fixed right then and there. They kept me out in the waiting
room for five days and nights, while my dog was on the other
side of the door.

He escaped, knowing I would be there for him. He opened, what
they considered inescapable cages, under 24 hour observation.
It takes 2 hands to operate the latch, and apparently he used
a paw and a tongue to break free dragging his intubations and
iv's with him as he burst into the waiting room to be with me.

I burst into tears and was so happy to see him.

The doctors couldn't throw me out of there, because it was
a 24 hour clinic. But they decided his SA was inconducive
to his health. They were going to fix it right then and there.

They ordered that I was NOT to see my dog.

I was deeply resentful of this, and the next time Danny
escaped (and he did) I grabbed him and ran from the clinic.
I called my vet on the 2 hour trip home, and told him I was
on my way home with my dog, and he needed supportive care.

My vet allowed me to stay with my dog.

He had excellent care. Top Notch. But I don't understand why
vets seem to think THEY own the dog while in their care. I
was paying for this.

I don't and never understood how a vet seemed to think they
have the right to keep you from your pet. I would never take
my dog back there. Apparently since he had been passed from
specialist to specialist, this was the only place that could
perform the surgery he needed. But they were totally insensitive
to the emotional needs of both dog and client.

-----------------------

I think 4 hours or so, I had put him in a supposedly
"Secure" place, while I had to leave. When I got
home, he had trashed my house. From then on,
when I left, he got put in the horse stall.

He trashed my horse stall.

He then got a new horse stall, wore a E-collar,
I electrified the perimeter of the stall and we
were finally able to contain him while we worked
on his escape problems.

Once he learned that I was more determined to
defeat him, he finally subdued. But escaping, to
him was a game.

Both of us had a throughly miserable time during
the stand off. The dog is actually now a very good
citizen. He just had to meet someone more determined,
and stubborn and willing to go the distance to do what
it took, before he would stop.

Like I said, I thought he and I were going
to grow old together.

I am not going to go into exactly where we
went before we got that accomplished.

Let's just say it was "ugly"

------------------------------

BWEEEAAAHAAAHAAA~!~!~!

>> > At $250 it's a little pricey

Yeah, but NOT compared to the TENS of THOWESANDS
of dollars your newfHOWEND pals like diddler have spent
havin their dogs intestines opened up an dangerHOWES
GARBAGE STUFF removed OR DYIN like several other
of your newfHOWEND fellHOWE dog lover's dogs have done.

LIKE THIS:

From: diddy <none>
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 12:00:29 -0600
Subject: And then there were......

I was prepared a few hours ago to post there were now
only two dogs. But after a trip to the Dayton Emergency
clinic, we are now only $200 poorer and brought home a
very torb'ed up beagle.

We estimate the beagle to be about 14.

This morning she had severe abdominal distress. Pacing,
whining, and crippling spasm, accompanied with the most
pitiful moans and groans you ever heard.

My husband said, if it's serious (LOOK HERE.. ANY PAIN OF
THAT MAGNITUDE IS SERIOUS!) we weren't going to fix it, we
would simply put her down. But she got out yesterday, and
indulged in a buffet of horse meadow muffins.

She may be impacted, and it might pass.

I told him she's in pain, and transient or not, we
have to do something about the pain while we
wait to see if the issue resolves or not.

So the vet said, if you aren't fixing it. Let's juice her
up on Torbugesic, healthy doses of antibiotics, with reglan
to move things along. We just treated everything. So if
there is improvement, we will assume fixable. If not.. I
will write that "And then there were two" post.

to be continued.....

Monday, November 12, 2007 7:39 AM
Beagle Report

"diddy" <none> wrote in message

Thank you everyone for your well wishes. Cappy woke
up this morning, bright, hungry and seems entirely
normal. Whatever it was, seems to have passed.

----------------------

Well, NOT REALLY after all...

>>> Thanks for asking. Yesterday was touch and go.

Yeah? As opposed to "bright, hungry and
seems entirely normal" on Monday mornin?:

Monday, November 12, 2007 7:39 AM
Beagle Report

>>> She went to the vet Sunday/Monday/Tuesday for ramped
>>> up Torbugesic. As long as she was doped, things went
>>> pretty well. When it wore off, things went down from
>>> there.

What happened? Did she eat more POOP?

>> What a nightmare. In fact it brought back the panic
>> I went through with Champ when he got blocked after
>> eating cat litter years ago.

Naaaah?

Oh, you mean JUST LIKE HOWE your other dogs Tuck,
Reka and Danny swallowed CRAP like your veterinarians
OFFICE KITTY, an nearly DIED?

"diddy" <diddy@nospam.diddy.net> wrote in message
News:Xns993C52BAC299Bdanny@216.196.97.142...

My dogs aren't into beer that much.
But they sure love Horse poop!

----------------

BWEEEAAAAHAHAAA~!

"I would not allow that behavior AT ALL. Inconsistancies
are going to come back and bite you. I don't understand
how, you as a trainer, don't comprehend this.

Having a 100% reliable dog does not
EVER allow for mitigated circumstances.

A well-trained dog is a lifestyle.

You teach a dog to LEAVE it. A dog should be
taught to obey. I can call any of my dogs off
in full chase and ask them to drop anything
they are doing, and they will.

I think that should be expected of any breed, and
those who do not teach "leave it" fundementals
atre missing the boat"

BWEEEAAAHAHAAAA~!~!~!

>> > to turn into just another horizontal surface.

Perhaps you'll mount it high up on another horizontal
surface so's your dog don't steal an swallHOWE STUFF
off of it?

>> > He's destroyed the standard issue crate

Your dog is havin PAINICK ANXXXIHOWESNESS ATTACKS.

DOGS DIE FROM THAT <{}: ~ ( >

>> > so I need to switch to the heavy artillery.

You need to CURE your dog's DEATHLY
separation anXXXIHOWESNESS <{}: ~ ( >

>> > I'm talking to my vet tomorrow about doggie downers as well,

That's ABSURD.

>> > though I'm not a big fan of the idea.

Seems you're more a FAN of that than TRAININ your dog
not to be AFRAID when you ain't standin right there ready
to PUNISH IT for stealin an destroyin STUFF <{}: ~ ( >

>> > Perhaps some insight on those who have used them?

I gave you a half dozen or so POSTED CASE HISTORIES
of DECENT PEOPLE who'd CURED their dog's destructive
separation anXXXIHOWESNESS NEARLY INSTANTLY
simply by DOIN EVERY THING EXXXACTLY PRECISELY
OPPOSITE of HOWE you and your newfHOWEND pathetic
miserable stinkin rotten lyin dog abusin punk thug coward
active accute chronic life long incurable malignant maliciHOWES
MENTAL CASE PALS have done <{}: ~ ( >

And you IGNORED IT on accHOWENTA you PREFERRED THIS:

Date: December 29, 2006 5:47 AM

Subject: Re: Dog chewing up floors

in thread news:aad9p2hg0aei5nijqludfvqhb8g1l0jsaj@4ax.com:
Paula <mmmtobler...@earthlink.ent> whittled the following
words:

> I, for one, am glad that the Puppy Wizard comes across
> as a complete loon given what his advice is since it
> makes it less likely that people will take it instead
> of the advice of someone else I think gives better advice.

For the record, The Puppy wizard over-rates himself. But
"his" (tm) methods are pretty much tried and true methods
that trainers have used and some still use today.

There are better methods out there now. But the ones posted
in his manual (now that he has removed the advice to SPIKE
a dog's temperature to dangerous levels) are sound. they work..
no matter what we think of the puppy-wizard and his packaging...
"his methods" <cough> are just as valid as anyone else's

"His methods" can stand some updating, and he definitely
needs to look at some repackaging.

Hopefully others add a slicker delivery to grab attention,
but truthfully, when you look at the cat fights that go on
here, and stand back and watch in perspective, it's rather
hard to determine the sane ones from the lunatics.

In fact, an awful lot of people here come off looking
rather tainted. A person needs to have a good filtering
device to sort out the noise.

TPW just has a problem that's too painfully obvious.

--------------------

>> > Thank you!

No, THANK YOU, (the)duckster~!

>> > He's a very good dog. Born and raised right here on the farm.

Does he MURDER innocent defenseless kats like HOWE
your other dog done JUST LIKE HOWE your newfHOWEND
pal diddler PREFERS?:

LIKE THIS?:

From: "\(the\)duckster" <ducks...@erinet.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 16:28:09 GMT

Subject: Re: DogsInDanger.com

My husky-chow mix (may he rest in peace) cleared the woods
of feral cats faster than you could catch them in a kindness trap.

He'd pick them up by the scruff and slam them to the ground.

It was really gruesome to watch.

Fortunately, it typically happened in the woods, but there
were a few times when he caught them around the bird feeder.

Racoons were another favorite.

(the)duckster

-----------------

AND LIKE THIS?:

From: diddy
(*.@nospam.diddy.net)
Subject: Re: What would you do in this situation?
Date: 2002-05-31 14:49:22 PST

Actually, I borrowed the vets office kitten once for a
couple days for school education on pet care and safe
handling as well as responsible pet ownership.

I kept the kitten over night in a crate within a crate
and yet my dog (yes, Angelic Danny, as well as Taya
and Toby tore that kittne to threads from between the
crate bars. (apparently he stuck his paws through the
crate to bat at the dogs. I was out doing yard work
and rushed in to find the little kittens pieces and
parts being torn through by ALL the dogs.

I called my girl friend to come get my dogs. I screamed
displeasure, and stalked out with the kitten. Danny, et
al spent 3 days in a kennel until I finally felt like I
could interact with them without doing bodily harm. All
three dogs were never touched, but knew they had done
something so unspeakable that I wouldn't associate with
them and they got banished.

To this day, Taya (mom and Dad's dog) and Danny
will not look at a cat. When confronted with one,
Danny wees himself and cowers hiding behind me
for help.

I'm not saying this would work this way with all dogs,
But mom and dad now have a house cat, and she has
never been harmed by any of the dogs. Danny is there
all the time, unsupervised, and has no interest in
harming the cat.

-----------------------

BWEEEAAAHAAAAHAAA~!~!~!

AND LIKE THIS?:

From: diddy (d...@nospam.diddy.net) Subject: Re:
cats : Crating/Caging: What constitutes abuse? Date:
2002-08-23 09:18:08 PST

Regarding this cat in the snare. It went nuts. It
leaped, and tangled itself, and most certainly
strangulated it's intestines. It had the snare
pulled tight down to the diameter of a dime (just
large enough to encircle the spine) around the waist
area. This cats snarled, and attacked. Trying to
extricate this cat was exceedingly difficult, not to
mention dangerous. Because I feared damage to the
intestines and death of the gut, I imagined
this cat was not likely to survive.

It would have been much simpler to dispatch the
unfortunate cat and take out the dead body. Instead,
this cat wore a collar. it deserved a chance, and
the owner deserved closure. (no id on the collar) .

It escaped, just as I released it and it couldn't be
taken to the vet for examination. I will probably
never know if this particular cat survives the
experience or not.

People in the area were aware that trapping was
being done and apparently still let their cats run
free, both endangered by the traps and by the
coyotes being targeted that are causing a problem
with their cat population.

Had that cat not been wearing a collar, I would not
have tried to release this hostile cat. Releasing it
may not have been a kindness, but then... cats
weren't supposed to be attracted to this type of
trap, in this position, and then they weren't
supposed to go ape, to get themselves in this
situation. If you like your pet, you keep them home.

--------------------------------

LIKE THIS:

From: diddy <d...@diddy.net>
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2002 11:27:11 -0500
Subject: Re: Dog Shot, Neighbor Charged, Anchorage AK

Cate wrote:

> "Jeff Harper" <dummyaddr...@doplay.com> wrote in message

> > | My husband shot a dog that had been tearing up
> > | trash up and down our road for years making an
> > | unbelievable mess. When we finally killed the
> > | culprit, the whole road cheered. Animal control
> > | had never been able in years to catch this critter.
> > | (we think it was feral it was certainly unkempt
> > | enough to have been....and it had been shot at by
> > | MANY of the neighbors, but it never frightened
> > | it off enough to keep it from NOT tearing up the
> > | road the next trash day)

> > Y'all take killing dogs pretty lightly. I'd have tolerated
> > the trash problem before I would have killed the dog.

> No kidding.

> > But putting up with it wouldn't have been necessary.
> > The trash could have been better secured and the
> > problem would have been resolved.

> Yep. Where's the condemnation of the people not
> securing their trash. Especially since, IIRC, this is
> the country we're talking about.
>
> Cate

They were in the standard Rumpke plastic
waste containers they MUST be in.

If you are upset I advise you to keep your dogs at home.

As i repeated before, the time Danny and Taya got loose,
for all the dangers they faced out there, cars, disease,
coyotes, etc, the most immediate danger they were in,
was being shot.

This is why I immediately started canvassing the area
with full color door to door handouts emblazoned with
REWARD. DO NOT SHOOT these dogs across the top.

I knew every second they were loose, they were in grave
danger of being shot. At that time, Our dog pound was
on 20/20 for being one of the worst in the country (it's
not now, it's a modern model facility) i WANTED my
dogs there.

It meant they weren't out there being shot.

They would throw dogs in pens of 10-20 dogs, In spite
of the dirt and filth, if they got there, I had a chance
of recovery.

Roaming in this area is a very bad thing,
and people WILL shoot dogs.

Happens all the time.

If you like your dog, you keep it home.

A persons personal animals are more valueable to
them than your animal you don't think enough of
to keep at home.

--------------

>> > I work at home as a Licensed Realtor, but when I leave,
>> > he needs to be put up because he will get anxious, mark
>> > and destroy things if I am gone too long.

Well then, you're in EXXXCELLENT company~!

Here's your newfHOWEND pal diddler
TRAININ her neighbor's dog to
stay HOWETA her garbage:

"My Husband Shot A Dog That Had Been Tearing
Up Trash Up And Down Our Road For Years Making
An Unbelievable Mess. When We Finally Killed The
Culprit, The Whole Road Cheered," diddler.

From: diddy (d...@diddy.net)
Date: 2002-11-08 07:00:27 PST

I guess if I felt Danny was threatened, it's the way
I would react. There would be none left standing
to deal with the threat just in case.

If someone hurt him, I would not let borders or
continents stop me from pursuing justice.

Then again, I always feed Danny INSIDE. If
someone is feeding his dog outside, his own
dog might not mean THAT much to him.

If he was feeding his dog outside though, many
dogs are food aggressive, and that could most
certainly spark a dog aggression thing.

(and if the dog was penned quietly outside, what
was it doing in his yard?)

I shot a neighbors dog one night for chasing my
horses and called him to help me find it. I would
do the same for threatening my dog.

My husband shot a dog that had been tearing up
trash up and down our road for years making an
unbelievable mess.

When we finally killed the culprit, the whole road
cheered. Animal control had never been able in
years to catch this critter. (we think it was feral it
was certainly unkempt enough to have been....
and it had been shot at by MANY of the neighbors,
but it never frightened it off enough to keep it from
NOT tearing up the road the next trash day)

----------------

>> > He is neutered.

That's curiHOWES. Surgical sexual mutilation CAUSES life
long, life threatening, anXXXIHOWESNESS, temperament
and heelth problems <{}: ~ ( >

>> > Walked with my other three 2 miles each morning.

Ahhh, you must be a cesar millan 'Z Dog Wheeesperer' fan~!

>> > Lives like a prince.

Perhaps you're HUMANIZING him too much?

>> > Sleeps in his crate upstairs in our bedroom all night, no problem.

Of curse!: "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer," Al Capone.

>> > TIA.

Destructive separation anXXXIHOWESNESS is CAUSED
BY over CON-TROLL, punishment, lockin dogs in boxes,
traditional OBEDIENCE TRAININ and incurable mental
illness <{}: ~ ( >

>> > Kelly Kirsch
>> > www.kellykirsch.com
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350014316122&refid=store

>> It sounds like a major issue with separation anxiety.

Yeah. LUCKY THING your newfHOWEND pal diddler
can relate to this problem seein as she's had it with EVERY
dog she's ever owned <{}: ~ ( >

> Yes, I would agree.

Well then, you're in EXXXCELLENT company!

> The odd thing is that my four are seldom left home alone.

Well then, you seldom have to WORRY abHOWET it~!

PROBLEM SOLVED, eh???

BWEEEAAAHAAAHAAA~!~!~!

> In nice weather, they bask outside on several acres of land,
> though lately they've been enjoying a steam bath lying on the
> pool cover.

Oh? You mean, LIKE THIS?:

Newsgroups: alt.adoption
From: "\(the\)duckster" <ducks...@erinet.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 11:58:09 GMT

Subject: An old friend journeys to the Rainbow Bridge

Dear alt a. friends,

Many of you are dog lovers and over the years we
have shared the joys and sorrows of our furkids.

Today it is with great sadness that I tell you that our beloved
Jessica (at almost 20 - years!), slipped into the pool last week
unnoticed and drowned.

My daughter and I weren't home (she was at her riding lesson)
and when we came home my husband was searching the yard
for her frantically trying to remember if he let her out the front
door or the back.

With four other dogs, things can get chaotic at times.

Funny, I kept pulling off the solar cover looking for her, but
never dreamed that she was still floating under it. My neighbor
found her and it was I who went in and fished her out.

It was sickening.

After I realized she was gone, I immediately called my good
friend Shannon W. who runs the Pines pet cemetary and
crematorium. and Even though it was 9:30 by the time I got
down there, she met me at the door, her calming spirit welcoming.

That and her five very smelly labs who had just come back
in from the pond themselves. Shannon cremated my other
two and never a purer soul exists doing her good work.

I am picking her up today and the neighbor who found her
will make me a box for her ashes.

We are devastated, my husband full of guilt even
though it was an accident. She really got around
quite well and loved being outside walking up and
down the yard with the others.

She now joins Teddy and Hadji at the foot of the bridge.

They were the original "three pack". The ones who, like kids,
I thought you could just "add another". So many, many years
ago that was. Another lifetime, really.

Free of age, the pain of arthritis, and blindness. I see her
leaping over the meadow in hot pursuit of the frisbees she
loved.

Rest in peace, my excellent friend. Wait for me and tell the
others I will be coming someday.

(the)duckster

---------------------

> Even stranger, he sleeps gladly and peacefully in the
> crate upstairs in our room. Runs up every night to get
> his peanut butter bone.

Dogs HIDE from their ABUSERS in their crates
while their FEARS intensify in their heads.

> But leaving him in the downstairs one was a different story.
> And I only do it when I can't put them outside - as in bad
> or cold weather.

BWEEEAAAHAAAHAAA~!~!~!

> But I will google your suggestion and see if there
> isn't something else that can be done.

You mean sumpthin OTHER THAN TRAININ THEM?

> I don't have a problem with a crate.

Of curse not. Your dog is GOIN INSANE when you
lock IT in a box on accHOWENTA you don't know
HOWE to pupperly handle raise an train IT <{}: ~ ( >

> I just wanted to buy something he couldn't destoy,
> possibly impaling himself.

Perhaps you should take a tour of the local institute
for the criminally insane an see HOWE they restrain
their patients?

> Thank you for writing.

Naaaaah, THANK YOU for writing. Oh, bye the bye,
your friend tara.green used to post her advice here quite
a bit. Be SHORE to say HOWEDY to her and ask her
to teach you her LEAVE IT command <{}: ~ ) >

From: diddy <d...@nospam.diddy.net>
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2002 07:30:27 -0500
Subject: Re: teaching dogs "jobs"

(They were taught NEVER EVER to step on a road.... No foot EVER
touches the road!) Danny lost a tracking test once, because the
test crossed a seldom used gravel road. When he reached the road,
a car just happened to go by. He refused to cross the road, and
when I took him by the collar and nudged him, I was Disqualified
for aiding the dog. Danny simply will NOT cross a road.. when he
was intact, not EVEN for a bitch in season.

Now you have a dog that...

WHOOOOPS!

Whoops, Danny And Taya run away from
unsecured yard and imbecile owner BUT
CAREFULLY AVOID CROSSIN A ROAD.

Will they survive life out in the wilderness
out amongst diddler's coyote traps?

Will they get mistaken for coyotes and sold
to the highest bidder at the fur auction?

Or will they live again to do a help dummy diddy
do a demonstration on safe and responsible pet
ownership in the kitchen with the vet's office kitten?

Stay tuned, fans...

From: Kathy Levee (kle...@zoo.uvm.edu)
> Subject: Off Topic --MISSING DOGS
> Date: 1999/04/14
>
> I realize this has absolutely nothing to do with
> Disney. Parks, but since those of us on this
> newsgroup are from all over the country, I thought
> you would understand this one time intrusion. We
> are desperate to find these dogs....Please, if you
> have any information, contact the e-mail address
> at the bottom of the note. Thank you for your
> understanding.........
>
> Karyl Parks' (aka diddler) dog Danny - Ch. Alpha's
> Decorum (I think that is his correct registered name)
> is missing . For those that have never met Danny -
> he is very special. Both trained for Search and
> Rescue

You'd think her SAR dog could find his own way
back to his own HOWES, provided they ain't gotta
CROSS A ROAD gettin back???

> as well as service dog trained, CDX, etc.

But IT can't find ITS way back to his own HOWES?

> He does all the things that service dogs do

Like run HOWET on his people and not return?

> from opening doors, turning on lights, getting
> clothes and shoes.

You FORGOT MURDERIN the vet's office kitty kat
and escaping and destructively chewing a rug and
gettin locked in a box in an HOWEtbuilding to muffle
his CRYING till he was SHITTIN BLOOD and went in
for intestinal obstruction.

> He is a marvel.

Naaah. You want a MARVEL? **MARVEL** at
that STUPID KAT that PAINICKED when diddler
snared IT in her leg hold STRANGLE / CHOKE
choke trap. She'd have BLUDGEONED IT had IT
not been wearin a collar. Perhaps she was lookin
for a REWARD, bein a SUBSISTANCE hunter
and all.

You call tying the dog to a wall training, diddler,
like HOWE you trained your fence to train your dog?

diddy wrote:

"I admit our system fails occasionally"

> We have a beagle. Before we got our last one, we
> knew what to expect and spent a year re-enforcing
> the fence.

"I admit our system fails occasionally"

> What we did.

"I admit our system fails occasionally"

> Double fencing, hardware cloth lined on the inside.
> Wood ties under gates. A chicken wire apron extending
> out into the yard 12 inches. (hog ringed to the upright
> fencing). We chose chicken wire because it was flexible
> and ground conforming. grass grows right over it, making
> it invisible and easy to mow over. It's tacked down by tent
> stakes every 10 inches. (this is our most considerable
> investment)

"I admit our system fails occasionally"

> The problems with it is that it eventually disintegrates,
> rusts, pulls apart and need repair a lot. We placed tile
> blocks over the top, because the tent stakes stick up,
> and sometimes get hit by the lawnmower.

"I admit our system fails occasionally"

> Overall, it's a pretty decent system and works
> MOST of the time.

"I admit our system fails occasionally"

> The beagle is persistent, and tends to work the inner
> fencing, that's flimsy down, or tear it, making exit holes.
> We recently cut down a couple yard trees that broke down
> sections of the fence and they need re-enforcement.

"I admit our system fails occasionally"

> When the weather breaks, a whole new fence
> is in order, but the system works MOST of the time.

"I admit our system fails occasionally"

> We did install an underground perimeter E-fence
> at the fence line, and found a single strand 12 inch
> high electric cattle fence around the perimeter was
> just as effective, cheaper, less bothersome (no need
> to wear heavy e-collars.. especially that mess up coats),
> but both needed occassional maintenence.

"I admit our system fails occassionally"

> What we did.

"I admit our system fails occassionally"

> I admit our system fails occassionally, especially
> when snow drifts are over the top of the fences
> and erase any identifiable fenceline.

"I admit our system fails occassionally"

> We installed (BEFORE getting the beagle) a 100
> foot trolly line that crosses the yard.

"I admit our system fails occassionally"

> This is a safe, effective restraint system that has
> always worked when immediate repairs or extra
> security is desired.
>
> If I go away and leave the beagle outside. He goes
> to the trolly line, whether the containment system
> is currently working or not.

"I admit our system fails occassionally"

> It's great for emergency situations, and the $17
> last resort system gets used for the beagle far
> more than I ever expected. It still allows reasonable
> exercise range of area and mobility. The elkhounds
> and the beagle still play avidly, and it's the cheapest
> piece of mind security ever.

"I admit our system fails occassionally"

> A trolly tether system is the best for temporary
> containment while discovering where the leak
> is. In the snow, it's easy to discover the
> leak. In the summer, it's more difficult.

"I admit our system fails occassionally"

> I do not like, or use our current underground collar system

"I admit our system fails occassionally"

---------------------

BWEEEAAAHAAAHAAAHAAAHAAAHAAA~!~!~!

Sallytighe
2008-01-17 21:38:33 EST

Paul E. Schoen schrieb:

[snip]
> When I had to go away for 8-12 hours, I always [snip]

This bit took my breath away, and then I started to wonder if there is a
cultural difference operating here.

Is it generally acceptable where you live to leave dogs alone inside for
this length of time?

Sally

Page: 1 2 3 4   Next  (First | Last)