Dog Discussion: Golden Retrievers Questions

Golden Retrievers Questions

Mandy
2008-01-12 11:43:07 EST
Hiya everyone

Sorry for cross posting to so many groups but I've just subscribed to them
all, didn't know which were still active and I'm looking for some help and
advice please!

We (me and Steve, the hubby) have decided to get a Golden Retriever as they
were recommended by a couple of ladies I know online and I'm just looking
for more info if someone can help me please?

Also, are there any magasines (I'm in the UK) that I could get about Golden
Retrievers or dogs/puppies in general?

We have both had dogs in the past but I've only ever had a small dog (Cairn
Terrier) so a medium sized dog is new to me!

Thank you!

--
Stay Safe, Mandy
Money talks, chocolate sings

Sally H
2008-01-15 12:02:04 EST

"Mandy" <mandy2uk@googlemail.com> wrote in message
> Hiya everyone
>
> Sorry for cross posting to so many groups but I've just subscribed to them
> all, didn't know which were still active and I'm looking for some help and
> advice please!
>
> We (me and Steve, the hubby) have decided to get a Golden Retriever as
> they
> were recommended by a couple of ladies I know online and I'm just looking
> for more info if someone can help me please?
>
> Also, are there any magasines (I'm in the UK) that I could get about
> Golden
> Retrievers or dogs/puppies in general?
>
> We have both had dogs in the past but I've only ever had a small dog
> (Cairn
> Terrier) so a medium sized dog is new to me!
>
> Thank you!
>

> --
> Stay Safe, Mandy
> Money talks, chocolate sings
> http://tinyurl.com/2s8nu6 and http://tinyurl.com/2khdnm
> http://tinyurl.com/35hucu and http://tinyurl.com/3xxggu

I had to laugh when I read this! We used to own and breed golden retrievers
but now we are the proud owners of a 2yr old Cairn bitch.
Do lots of research - these two breeds have very different personalities. I
fairly recently "found" an 18month old "rescued from a broken home"
retriever for our son and wife and quite often she comes to stay and we have
the 2 breeds together.
Do a google search for golden retrievers, try and find a local GR club and
go and browse dog mags in WH Smith. Be very careful and only buy from a
reputable breeder as the GR is known to have many potential health problems.
Pet planet and the Kennel Club websites might give some info regarding what
to look for. Epupz will enable you to do a search. Don't forget rescues -
see http://www.dogpages.org.uk/index.htm
Cairns are very confident, mischievous dogs as I'm sure you will recall,
while retrievers are generally very eager to please and easier to train!

Sally

Mandy
2008-01-16 08:48:23 EST
"sally H" <sally@here.OK> wrote in

> "Mandy" <mandy2uk@googlemail.com> wrote in message
>> Hiya everyone
>>
>> Sorry for cross posting to so many groups but I've just subscribed to
>> them all, didn't know which were still active and I'm looking for
>> some help and advice please!
>>
>> We (me and Steve, the hubby) have decided to get a Golden Retriever
>> as they
>> were recommended by a couple of ladies I know online and I'm just
>> looking for more info if someone can help me please?
>>
>> Also, are there any magasines (I'm in the UK) that I could get about
>> Golden
>> Retrievers or dogs/puppies in general?
>>
>> We have both had dogs in the past but I've only ever had a small dog
>> (Cairn
>> Terrier) so a medium sized dog is new to me!
>>
>> Thank you!
>>

>> --
>> Stay Safe, Mandy
>> Money talks, chocolate sings
>> http://tinyurl.com/2s8nu6 and http://tinyurl.com/2khdnm
>> http://tinyurl.com/35hucu and http://tinyurl.com/3xxggu
>
> I had to laugh when I read this! We used to own and breed golden
> retrievers but now we are the proud owners of a 2yr old Cairn bitch.
> Do lots of research - these two breeds have very different
> personalities. I fairly recently "found" an 18month old "rescued from
> a broken home" retriever for our son and wife and quite often she
> comes to stay and we have the 2 breeds together.
> Do a google search for golden retrievers, try and find a local GR club
> and go and browse dog mags in WH Smith. Be very careful and only buy
> from a reputable breeder as the GR is known to have many potential
> health problems. Pet planet and the Kennel Club websites might give
> some info regarding what to look for. Epupz will enable you to do a
> search. Don't forget rescues - see
> http://www.dogpages.org.uk/index.htm Cairns are very confident,
> mischievous dogs as I'm sure you will recall, while retrievers are
> generally very eager to please and easier to train!
>
> Sally

Thank you Sally! I'll do more research before we get one and I'll visit
that site you recommended when I've sent this off to you :o) What's the
URL for the Kennel Club website? I tried kennelclub.co.uk but I don't
think that's the url for the one we're thinking of! :o/

--
Stay Safe, Mandy
Money talks, chocolate sings
http://tinyurl.com/2s8nu6 and http://tinyurl.com/2khdnm
http://tinyurl.com/35hucu and http://tinyurl.com/3xxggu

Sally H
2008-01-18 14:32:52 EST

> "sally H" <sally@here.OK> wrote in
>

>> "Mandy" <mandy2uk@googlemail.com> wrote in message
>>> Hiya everyone
>>>
>>> Sorry for cross posting to so many groups but I've just subscribed to
>>> them all, didn't know which were still active and I'm looking for
>>> some help and advice please!
>>>
>>> We (me and Steve, the hubby) have decided to get a Golden Retriever
>>> as they
>>> were recommended by a couple of ladies I know online and I'm just
>>> looking for more info if someone can help me please?
>>>
>>> Also, are there any magasines (I'm in the UK) that I could get about
>>> Golden
>>> Retrievers or dogs/puppies in general?
>>>
>>> We have both had dogs in the past but I've only ever had a small dog
>>> (Cairn
>>> Terrier) so a medium sized dog is new to me!
>>>
>>> Thank you!
>>>

>>> --
>>> Stay Safe, Mandy
>>> Money talks, chocolate sings
>>> http://tinyurl.com/2s8nu6 and http://tinyurl.com/2khdnm
>>> http://tinyurl.com/35hucu and http://tinyurl.com/3xxggu
>>
>> I had to laugh when I read this! We used to own and breed golden
>> retrievers but now we are the proud owners of a 2yr old Cairn bitch.
>> Do lots of research - these two breeds have very different
>> personalities. I fairly recently "found" an 18month old "rescued from
>> a broken home" retriever for our son and wife and quite often she
>> comes to stay and we have the 2 breeds together.
>> Do a google search for golden retrievers, try and find a local GR club
>> and go and browse dog mags in WH Smith. Be very careful and only buy
>> from a reputable breeder as the GR is known to have many potential
>> health problems. Pet planet and the Kennel Club websites might give
>> some info regarding what to look for. Epupz will enable you to do a
>> search. Don't forget rescues - see
>> http://www.dogpages.org.uk/index.htm Cairns are very confident,
>> mischievous dogs as I'm sure you will recall, while retrievers are
>> generally very eager to please and easier to train!
>>
>> Sally
>>

> Thank you Sally! I'll do more research before we get one and I'll visit
> that site you recommended when I've sent this off to you :o) What's the
> URL for the Kennel Club website? I tried kennelclub.co.uk but I don't
> think that's the url for the one we're thinking of! :o/
>
> --
> Stay Safe, Mandy
> Money talks, chocolate sings
> http://tinyurl.com/2s8nu6 and http://tinyurl.com/2khdnm
> http://tinyurl.com/35hucu and http://tinyurl.com/3xxggu

http://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/item/108

Mandy
2008-01-18 14:47:01 EST

> "Mandy" <mandy2uk@googlemail.com> wrote in message
>> "sally H" <sally@here.OK> wrote in
>>

>>> "Mandy" <mandy2uk@googlemail.com> wrote in message

>>> I had to laugh when I read this! We used to own and breed golden
>>> retrievers but now we are the proud owners of a 2yr old Cairn bitch.
>>> Do lots of research - these two breeds have very different
>>> personalities. I fairly recently "found" an 18month old "rescued
>>> from a broken home" retriever for our son and wife and quite often
>>> she comes to stay and we have the 2 breeds together.
>>> Do a google search for golden retrievers, try and find a local GR
>>> club and go and browse dog mags in WH Smith. Be very careful and
>>> only buy from a reputable breeder as the GR is known to have many
>>> potential health problems. Pet planet and the Kennel Club websites
>>> might give some info regarding what to look for. Epupz will enable
>>> you to do a search. Don't forget rescues - see
>>> http://www.dogpages.org.uk/index.htm Cairns are very confident,
>>> mischievous dogs as I'm sure you will recall, while retrievers are
>>> generally very eager to please and easier to train!
>>>
>>> Sally
>>>

>> Thank you Sally! I'll do more research before we get one and I'll
>> visit that site you recommended when I've sent this off to you :o)
>> What's the URL for the Kennel Club website? I tried kennelclub.co.uk
>> but I don't think that's the url for the one we're thinking of! :o/
>>
>> --
>> Stay Safe, Mandy
>> Money talks, chocolate sings
>> http://tinyurl.com/2s8nu6 and http://tinyurl.com/2khdnm
>> http://tinyurl.com/35hucu and http://tinyurl.com/3xxggu
>

> http://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/item/108

Ah right! That's where I went wrong! I'll have a look now! Thank you!

--
Stay Safe, Mandy
Money talks, chocolate sings
http://tinyurl.com/2s8nu6 and http://tinyurl.com/2khdnm
http://tinyurl.com/35hucu and http://tinyurl.com/3xxggu

Mandy
2008-01-24 09:06:40 EST
Mandy <mandy2uk@googlemail.com> wrote in news:Gc3eg.347745$F29.604035
@fe3.news.blueyonder.co.uk:

<snip>

I don't know who you are or why you've started using my name and email
address but please stop! I know how to read headers so if you don't stop
I'll be contacting your ISP!

--
Stay Safe, Mandy
Money talks, chocolate sings