Dog Discussion: Duplicity In Training, Confuses Dogs

Duplicity In Training, Confuses Dogs

Mirelle
2007-10-18 21:08:01 EST
Praise while a dog is doing UNWANTED behavior,
is a recipe for DISTRUST in the dog.
Dogs, know when a person is pleased or not; more so than humans.
To BETRAY the dog's LOYALTY - by LYING to the dog with praise
while it KNOWS YOU HATE WHAT it is DOING,
is like LYING to children that there is a santa clause.
When they FIND OUT they HAVE BEEN LIED TO,
naturally the TRUST IS BETRAYED.
The CONSEQUENCES of BETRAYING TRUST by LYING,
creates CONFUSION in the dog; since it is CONFUSED
by the DUPLICITY in the ACTIONS of BODY LANGUAGE
versus the WORDS that CONTRADICT the BODY LANGUAGE.
Only a CONFUSED MIND would believe that praising a dog -
when it is showing UNWANTED BEHAVIOR is "dog training."
It is DISHONEST and the dog knows it.
Dogs need to know what is acceptable and what is not.
By praising a dog when BEHAVIORS are UNACCEPTABLE,
ultimately DESTROYS the RELATIONSHIP - as the dog
CAN NOT TRUST the PERSON LYING with DUPLICITY.
It is the same as endorsing PRETENSE instead of HONESTY.
Praising the dog while it is MISBEHAVING, will make the dog have:
NO RESPECT FOR YOU.
Only a DERANGED MIND - would endorse LYING
to a dog or person, with UNDUE praise.
Just like humans, dogs, like praise when it is GENUINE.
Zalman Benheil Shleishi, AKA JERRY HOWE -
is PROMOTING CONFUSING dogs; that leads
to MISTRUST when there is genuine praise.
The manual is not worth a RAT'S ASS.
It is a complete WASTE OF TIME.
Actually it is EVIL, since it promotes DUPLICITY -
between BODY LANGUAGE and WORDS. NO MERIT!

Mirelle

2007-10-19 16:20:03 EST
HOWEDY mirelle aka show dog bark aka jotnaringin
aka anima aka arash aka dr. gutsy do right aka vera
mahinas aka vera bonte aka vera perks,

Pryor to gettin into the discussion, here's a
tidbit for any Islamo-Nazi Fascist haters:

vera mahina aka vera bonte aka vera perks
609 Turner
Silverton, B.C.
Canada VOG2BO
Phone: 250-358-2727

http://www.jdl.org/enemies/nazi/
Jewish Defense League
P.O. Box 480370
Los Angeles, CA 90048
j*.@jdl.org <j...@jdl.org>

You think you an Saul will be leavin
town AGAIN, in a BIG hurry?

"Mirelle" <mirellelafleur@gmail.com> wrote in message news:
1*0@e34g2000pro.googlegroups.com...
> Praise while a dog is doing UNWANTED behavior,
> is a recipe for DISTRUST in the dog.

You mean it teaches the dog not to TRUST that you'll jerk
an choke an shock an spray aversives into ITS face and lock
IT in a box and ignore ITS cries for havin normal natural
innate reflexive behavioral responses to your repressive,
maniacal, insane abuse, vera?

> Dogs, know when a person is pleased or not;

Oh, you mean you TELEGRAPH your FEELINS when
you're havin a psychotic episode, vera? Perhaps you
should TRY to be more subtle? Perhaps you COULD,
if only you'd lay off the ANTI-PSYCHOTIC MEDICATIONS?

> more so than humans.

You mean more so than SOME humans, vera. UNLESS
you attribute PSYCHIC abilities to DOGS lackin in humans?

> To BETRAY the dog's LOYALTY - by LYING to the dog
> with praise while it KNOWS YOU HATE WHAT it is DOING,

Who would HATE an innocent defenseless dumb critter's
visceral response to ESCAPE the insane abuse you've
subjected your own dogs and children an spHOWES to?

> is like LYING to children that there is a santa clause.

The Sincerely Incredibly Freakin Insanely Simply Amazing
Grand Puppy, Child, Pussy, Birdy And Horsey Wizard always
FEARED Santa Clause <{}: ~ ( >

You mean NOT HURTIN and INTIMIDATIN innocent
defenseless dumb critters for BEIN AFRAID is like lyin
to them abHOWET Santa Claws so you come here and
LIE to DEFEND HURTIN an INTIMIDATIN innocent
defenseless dumb critters to compensate for your own
fragile defective ego, weak, fearful mind and colossal
inferiority complexes, vera?

"People Vilify A Person Who Is Letting Them Know
Something They Do Not Want To Hear Or Believe.
The Justifications Are Desperate Attempts To
Conceal What Is True."

From: showdogbark
Date: Wed, Jun 14 2006 3:13 pm
Email: "showdogbark" jotnarin...@yahoo.com

For a discussion about Jerry Howe being
kill-filed by most of you, it appears
that it is not the case, it seems that
you enjoy attacking him as a pastime
like people like to gossip for a hobby.
So many of you attacked Crystal for her
honest opinions and quotes from a book
that was informative.

Any one who likes Jerry's methods is called
a cultist. This group appears to be a Lung
and Bite group with a target for Jerry.

Now I agree the man could be more polite in
his posts. However I have not spent years of
my free time like he has giving free advice
on dog training and phone calls to go with
it if necessary. So I am not quick to judge
and say he needs to be more polite, it appears
that way, however the way that Crystal has
been responded to and she is a new comer, it
makes me see how Jerry Howe may well have had
enough of the rude attacking behavior around
here and perhaps has decided to keep a file on
the bunch of you in your previous posts and at
a time when you are all being obnoxious he
exposes your former behaviors that he quotes
to show how hypocritical so many of you are.

Leave Crystal alone, If you want to attack
someone attack me instead I am much older
than her and feel like a mamma bear toward
her, so leave the sweetie alone and bring
it onto show dog bark. I can blow any of
you out of the water and stay polite while
I do it. That's my style!

By the way, is it being a cultist to believe
in the Golden Rule. Or is it a cultist to
believe in non-violence because Buddha taught
it or is it simply our nature to lend a helping
hand and be kind, not because someone said so,
only because that is who we are.

Love in a body, heart and mind, add soul
if you are religious.

Show Dog Bark
Be Good Do Good Be One!

---------

> When they FIND OUT they HAVE BEEN LIED
> TO, naturally the TRUST IS BETRAYED.

And you know ALL abHOWET TRUST, HOWE, vera?
Did you learn TRUST and RESPECT when your daddy
was RAPING you, vera? OR did you learn TRUST and
RESPECT when you molested your sons?

YOU MURDERED YOUR OWN LAST TWO DOGS
and abused and intimidated your children so's they want
NUTHIN to do with you! WON of them jumps into forest
fires for a livin and the other moved to the opposite side
of the world to ESCAPE your INSANE LIES and ABUSES.

> The CONSEQUENCES of BETRAYING TRUST by LYING,
> creates CONFUSION in the dog; since it is CONFUSED
> by the DUPLICITY in the ACTIONS of BODY LANGUAGE
> versus the WORDS that CONTRADICT the BODY LANGUAGE.

You BROKE your dogs NECK jerkin an chokin IT.

REMEMBER, vera?

> Only a CONFUSED MIND would believe that praising a dog -
> when it is showing UNWANTED BEHAVIOR is "dog training."

RIGHT. It's more like CHILD trainin. The FASTEST way
to teach ANY dog or child to DO sumpthin is to tell them
"DON'T DO THAT":

A. S. Neill, The Famous Founder of The Summerhill
School, Used To Cure Delinquent Children Way Back In
The 1950's By Paying Them For Every Time They Wet The
Bed Or Broke A Pane Of Glass And Their Behaviour Would
Stop, - As If By MAGICK!

The Embry Study:
"While some may find it strange that reprimands might increase
the chances of a child going into the street, the literature on the
experimental analysis of behavior is replete with examples of
how "attention to inappropriate behavior" increases the chances
of more inappropriate behavior.

Thus, suggestions to parents that they talk to or reason with
their children about dashing into the street will likely to have
the opposite impact. Reprimands do not punish unsafe behavior;
they reward it."

Source:

"Reducing the Risk of Pedestrian Accidents to Preschoolers by
Parent Training and Symbolic Modeling for Children: An
Experimental Analysis in the Natural Environment. Research
Report Number 2 of the Safe-Playing Project."

-----------------------------

> It is DISHONEST and the dog knows it.

You're a MENTAL CASE, vera. Do you happen to remember
being handcuffed and carried off in the back of a poice cruizer
when you WENT INSANE and took off all your clothes and
screamed at my neighbors while wavin the BIBLE at them
for standin in their own driveway talking nicely amongst friends?

Subject: Praising Bad Behaviors Is GOOD
5From: showdogbark
Date: Sun, May 28 2006 4:07 pm
Email: "showdogbark" <jotnarin...@yahoo.com>

> Now if he would just stop being such an abusive asshole,
> he might gain a whit of credibility. Come to think of it,
> someone who is that free with the abuse via email is
> probably a dog abuser in real life. >
> <William Robb >

Hi William,

Jerry is not a dog abuser. I have been to his home.
He has four dogs all of which he took in as rescue
if I remember correctly.

He takes good care of them along with his wife Barbara
and they are fed a nutritious diet.

He is passionate about non-violent ways of behaving with
our animal companions. In his manual if you read it, he
has has methods to train dogs that work. Why assume he
abuses animals when you have not met him.

In his posts he is specific about his concern to eradicate
chocking dogs and using power over to supposedly train them.

To me this shows a lack of abuse.

To freely give a method away and add a phone number if there
are any problems understanding the methods is generous and
compassionate.

His ideas challenge the status quo.
Show Dog Bark

============

As an aside, william robb is a PROFESSIONAL
DOG TRAINER who likeWIZE, jerks chokes
shocks bribes crates intimidates mutilates an
murders dogs.

> Dogs need to know what is acceptable and what is not.

You mean they need LIMITS and BHOWENDARIES like
the Nazi cesar millan teaches, vera? AIN'T THAT HOWE
COME YOU MURDERED YOUR OWN LAST TWO
DOGS, vera?:

Subject: Dog Whisperer Book Recommendations?

From: starrk...@aol.com - view profile
Date: Sun, May 14 2006 7:34 pm
Email: "starrk...@aol.com" <starrk...@aol.com>

Mike wrote:
> Hi, I want to buy a dog training book or DVD for a friend.
> She owns some sort of large terrier that could definitely
> benefit from some training. A Google searcxh produced
> products by Cesar Millan and The Dog Whisperer book by
> Paul Owens.
>
> Which books/dvdsa are best? I'm impressed by Cesar
> Millan's show on cable tv.
>
> Thanks,
> Mike

hi mike ,
coming from someone who has spent a lot of time and money
with dog training books, i have probably 6 or 7, dont waste
your time! share Jerry Howe's wits end training Manuel with
your friend and help him/her work the exercises.

you guys will be amazed after you try the "hot and cold"
exercise and you have a calm happy dog in minutes!

if you want to read how jerry helped me and my dog google me!

Crystal Arcidy

:-) good luck

Subject: reasons to rethink old fashioned veiws on training/
behavior

From: starrk...@aol.com
Date: Thurs, May 18 2006 3:16 pm
Email: "starrk...@aol.com" <starrk...@aol.com>

Hello...
There were a lot of topics in that post, and if it wasn't
serious it would almost be comical how dense some people are.
unfortunately it is the dogs (or kids) who end up suffering or
confused and that is serious.

The situation with the puppy nipping would be very simple
to solve. The worst thing to do is to make a big deal out
of it either by giving toys to play with (redirecting) or
yelling (whether out of pain, shock or anger), since this
will heighten the emotional state of the puppy and reinforce
the behavior.

Every time the puppy gets a strong emotional reaction within
himself the behavior is reinforced. This includes the idea of
ignoring him. He will only get frustrated and may try harder
to get attention, maybe nip harder. All that is needed is
PRAISE.

If he is persistent a snap of the fingers on his right
followed by verbal praise. if he still latches on another
snap on his left and praise and so on. most likely, he
would only need praise before he his attention is snapped
up (maybe out of confusion, half expecting a yelp) when he
looks up, more praise! the behavior of nipping would disappear.

There is no need for spraying water or causing him
any sort of confusion, discomfort or stress.

this advise;

> > Don't walk away, just turn your back - go neutral on
> > him and don't give him *any* feedback for a count of
> > 3. As soon as you return your attention to him, you're
> > all sweetness and light and just happen to have a very
> > interesting squeaky toy in your possession.

ignoring the behavior? that will make it more pronounced.

"Attention Seeking Behaviour progresses through the
following stages as the need becomes more and more
acute and more excruciating to the individual who is
experiencing the energetic shortfall in a visceral,
whole body experience:

1. Awareness
Here, the creature (child, dog, cat, horse) first becomes
aware that the shortfall exists and begins to look around
for a likely "other" who may fulfil this need.

2. Approach
The creature will get up and start approaching the other
and make some minor signs that it is in need of some
attention. In an animal, that would probably be just
coming over and presenting themselves whilst looking
at the other.

3. Escalation
If the other ignores (read "refuses to provide the attention
energy") this subtle approach, creature A will now escalate
its behaviours to "break on through" the barrier of ignoring
- make sounds, push physically, engage in behaviours that have
previously worked to "gain attention".

4. Extreme Escalation
If these higher level behaviours are also ignored, the
need turns to a pain and will now drive consecutively
more extreme behaviour in turn in a direct cause and
effect relationship. If the need is high enough, the
creature may even attack.

5. Catastrophic Collapse
If still no energy is forthcoming, the system collapses
in on itself in a catastrophic implosion which causes
severe neurological damage; the stage beyond rage is
autism, where the creature can no longer elicit the
energy required nor process it when it is being offered
because of the damage sustained by the receptors of the
energy processing system during the catastrophe.

Depending on the severity of the neurological/energetic
catastrophe and the age of the creature at which the
catastrophe occurred (obviously the younger the creature,
the greater the impact on the system overall), some
individuals may never come back from the autism stage and
remain there forever. " ---- taken from;

"Unconditional Love, Trust And Respect -
The Alpha THEORY, - CRUCIFIED -"

A. S. Neill, Tthe Famous Founder of The Summerhill School,
Used To Cure Delinquent Children Way Back In The 1950's By
Paying Them For Every Time They Wet The Bed Or Broke A Pane
f Glass And Their Behaviour Would Stop, - As If By MAGIC!

And This made me think of my dog Starr;

> When I sit at my computer or my sewing machine, he
> gets really yappy & snappy. I think it's because
> he can't get up on the chair with me & when I sit
> watching TV, he can fit on the chair with me - for
> a few more months anyway.

Yeah my dog used to be like that when she was insecure
and needing attention all the time. All this other dog
needs is to be noticed and to learn how to relax when
its "down time."

I remember teaching starr that when i went to play the
piano she needed to relax and not worry about the fact
that my attention was not on her. It didn't take long
and she settled down. here's what i did;

I love to play the piano. The problem was that Starr,
my white GSD got impatient and didn?t like all my
attention being on something else.

When I'd play for more then 20 minutes without stopping
shed pace around the room and whine. Shed look straight
at me whining loudly, wagging her tail and sometimes
stomping her feet.

I mentioned it to Jerry and he told me how to handle it.
What I had to do was break her 20 minutes tolerance time
just before it was up in order to restart her clock.

I started playing and played for about 18 minutes then
stopped, closed the book and the cover for the keys,
walked across the room busied myself for just a moment
before returning to the piano, opening the cover and a
book and starting to play again.

Starr watched me as I did this. She was distracted from
her set time limits, but she didn't know that my actions
had anything to do with her, which is good since in this
case the whining was an attention getting device.

And so she stayed in the room with me, comfortable and
relaxed, not concerned with the fact that she wasn't
getting any attention. 15 minutes later I got up and
walked away from the piano. I took a book from the shelf
and went back to sit at my piano.

Starr again watched me until I started playing. I played
for a few minutes longer then stood and turned my attention
to my dog and asked if she wanted to come with me as I left
the room.

I planned to do this exercise a few more times over the
next couple of days but there was no need. As of yet Starr
has not returned to whining and pacing. She simply lays
down or watches out the window while I practice, and happy
to get attention when I turn to her or when I'm done.

I'd like to note that a while ago, before we found the
Wits' End Training Method if Starr heard the piano from
another room she would whine or bark to get me to come
back. It seemed to cause her anxiety to hear the piano
and know that I was going to be away from her for as
long as she heard it. But she was uncomfortable in the
room where the piano is because it was formerly off
limits to her while she was being house broken.

Even though she has been allowed in the room for a long
time she was never content being in there for long.

Now if she hears the piano and she's not in the room
with me she comes and finds me, says hi with a kiss,
wagging tail and happy face then makes herself
comfortable as I play.

now when Starr whines about something i ask her what
she wants and she'll lead me to something or just look
at the thing she wants and usually ill give it to her,
if i cant right then i ask her to "wait for me" or
answer her calmly ,"no, you have you to go lay down
and relax" and she will.

animals are always trying to get to their 'comfort zone'
whether through anxious licking to calm external anxiety
or to a crate that offers a false sense of security, or
to the food that he feel he has to eat or he will lose,
or simply to go outside to pee! if dogs they are not
there they will try to get there somehow. the wider that
zone is the easier they are to deal with, obviously. and
if the dogs comfort is in his handler, meaning he knows
all his needs will be met, he requests will be heard, he
will be following a trustworthy leader, he could be happy
almost anywhere doing almost anything.

Crystal

> By praising a dog when BEHAVIORS are UNACCEPTABLE,
> ultimately DESTROYS the RELATIONSHIP -

Sez you, vera?

YOU MURDERED YOUR OWN LAST TWO
DEAD DOGS, REMEMBER, vera? Your two
sons WANT NUTHING TO DO WITH YOU
and your husband is a hopeless schizophrenic!

> as the dog CAN NOT TRUST the PERSON LYING with DUPLICITY.

You mean, the dog cannot TRUST that a MENTAL CASE
won't jerk an choke an shock an spray aversives into ITS face?

> It is the same as endorsing PRETENSE instead of HONESTY.

BWEEEAAAHAHAAAA!!!

Here's your first post to me, vera:

Date: Mon, Oct 3 2005 9:25 pm

Hi Jerry,
It is now 1:30 A.M. and I just finished reading your
manual. Of course I will need to read it many more
times in order to apply the techniques when I get a dog.

I found it even better than I thought it would
be and I had high expectations for it.

It is absolutely new , original, TOTALLY overdue
for the world to learn about to stop all the violence,
fear and abuse. It is interesting how they have us in
a SPELL ( source peoples emotional language legacy)
and even with the best of intentions while doing these
awful techniques that feel violent and inside the heart
recoils from doing them, there is the little voice that
say's 'But it is for the dog's good' and so I have to get
tough and not be a sissy and give in to the horror I am
seeing in the dog and feeling that in my moral compass
this feels wrong, and yet continue to betray myself and
the dog because all the "experts" who say they love dogs
ALL agree that I must do this and what do I know, they
say they love dogs they are " love covered in fur" as Uncle
Matty say's. He loves dogs to say this so I must be too soft
hearted to recoil from what obviously is my duty toward
the dog.

You really broke the spell for me.

It is ground breaking work and I am exited to absorb
it as in the first reading there are so many oh wow
moments that the exercises need to be studied at
another time as the impact of the first reading makes
it so mind altering that the emotional response of
FINALLY SOME SANITY is so strong that the
details of 'the how' to needs for me to be studied
later many times to internalize it so it is done correctly.

Thank you for the amazing manual.
Go jolly,

--------------------------

> Praising the dog while it is MISBEHAVING, will
> make the dog have: NO RESPECT FOR YOU.

Ahhh, RESPECT! Let's ask your two sons abHOWET
respect, shall we? Oh, perhaps THAT ain't such a good
idea as THEY WON'T TALK TO YOU.

REMEMBER, vera?

> Only a DERANGED MIND - would endorse LYING
> to a dog or person, with UNDUE praise.

BWEEEAAHAAAAHAAA!!!

Seems THAT'S PRECISELY what you and your MENTAL
CASE pals on these forums WANT from me, vera. AIN'T IT??
You want me to BE NICE to miserable stinkin lyin animal
murderin MENTAL CASES like yourself!

BWEEEAHAAHAAAHAAAA!~!~!

Subject: reasons to rethink old fashioned veiws on training/behavior
From: showdogbark
Date: Thurs, May 18 2006 5:23 pm
Email: "showdogbark" <jotnarin...@yahoo.com>

Very nice Crystal. I liked the quotes at the beginning of
this post. The way you explain behavior from intelligent
sources and then you give an example as to how it applies
to dogs is thoughtful and sensitive.

It appears that Jerry has decoded the lies we are told
about dog handling for you as he did for me.

It relates back to people as people treat their children
the same way as they do their animals, in fact they treat
themselves shabby also.

The breaking of the code of violence when it comes to animals
is something that is at first surprising. I found that people
talked me into thinking the Matty's and the Dog Whisper love
dogs and even though I would recoil at what they did to the
dogs, everyone does it and so it must be love because there
is no other solution given.

When I read the Wit's End Manual and spoke with Jerry and he
explained the ideas to me, I was shocked to find out that I
had been lied to so deeply by the dog industry.

It is exiting to see the merger of The First Nations People's
ways of treating animal with Western ideas that apply to Western
culture like in Jerry's manual.

It is more complicated having animals mix with the modern tech-no
age and Jerry gives advice on how to bridge the gap and have a
socialized well trained animal in this weird culture that is war
based and it begins with something as simple as believing you are
loving your best friend by choke chaining them.

Also with children Reward and Punishment are considered normal.

The cost of this violent mind set has left a scorched earth and
broken families along with shelters killing millions of dogs and
cats.

Do Good Be Good Be One
Show Dog Bark

-------------

> Just like humans, dogs, like praise when it is GENUINE.

Well then, vera, you've VALIDATED my ABUSE towards
yourself and your fellHOWE MENTAL CASES who jerk
choke shock bribe crate intimidate mutilate an murder
innocent defenseless dumb critters an LIE abHOWET IT!

BWEEEAHAAHAAA!~!~!

> Zalman Benheil Shleishi, AKA JERRY HOWE -
> is PROMOTING CONFUSING dogs; that leads
> to MISTRUST when there is genuine praise.

No, vera, I've driven you and your punk thug coward
mental cases over the edge by IDENTIFYING
EXXXPOSING and DISCREDITING you <{}: ~ ) >

> The manual is not worth a RAT'S ASS.

Here's a other post from you:

Date: Sat, Aug 19 2006 2:06 am

I hear from Jerry, that I have been accused of being
some person called Mirelle. Whoever this Choix Vox is,
it disturbs me that he/she has some issue with someone
else and drags me into his/her Drama.

Blue is doing fantastic. Thanks to his wonderful
personality, genetics and Jerry's help. I speak with
Jerry a couple of times a week about his progress
and fine tuning his training. Blue sits, heels, is
totally toilet trained, comes, knows 'down', stay
and all kinds of things like 'lets go for a walk'.

He is pure joy and has made my heart glad and full
of puppy love. He loves walking in the forest trails
and swimming in the cool and refreshing lake. His
'daddy' takes him for his final walk every evening
at 7 P.M. Then it is off to bed. He sleeps till 7 A.M.

It is nice to be able to sleep all night without getting
up for a pee pee a few times with him. In the first few
weeks I had to take him out at night, but now he is
able to sleep all night. He is like a tranquilizer.

I keep asking Jerry if Blue is a genius,
as he is so clever and obedient.

He tells me this is the nature of a dog that
has not been abused.

Blue is super good looking and so smart.

He learned to sit weeks ago. When he needs to go
outside to relieve himself, he lets me know by going
to the door and woofing. One thing that I have noticed
using Jerry's methods is that Blue is very calm.

Most dogs are hyper and chew furniture and have
bad habits. Blue only plays with his toys. He knows
the difference between his toys and furniture and
does not nip.

I was surprised that he does not want to go on the
furniture. He likes to play on the floor and outside.
We sit outside together and he sits by where I am
reading. He may chew a toy or just hang out in the
shade. The whole town loves him and people are
impressed with his manners.

Show Dog Bark

--------------------

> It is a complete WASTE OF TIME.

HOWE COME do you want folks to HURT and
INTIMDIATE an MURDER their dogs JUST
LIKE HOWE YOU DONE to your own, vera?

"Misery LOVES company," The Puppy Wizard's DADDY <{}: ~ ) >

> Actually it is EVIL, since it promotes DUPLICITY -

You ain't evil, mirelle, you're INSANE <{}: ~ ) >

OtherWIZE, you WOULD BE EVIL <{}'; ~ ) >

Praising BAD Behaviors Is GOOD -
The Fastest Gentlest Most Effective Method
In The Whole Wild World, Bar NONE. <{}; ~ )>

36From: starrk...@aol.com
Date: Thurs, Jun 1 2006 11:00 am
Email: "starrk...@aol.com" <starrk...@aol.com>

HEY people and doggies,

Jerry aka the puppy wizard's original post here was so insightful and
so well written, nice to have no verbal attacks on other trainers
(even
if they deserve it), just good behavioral discussion.

the training truly warms my heart because i know its the way to save
the lives of dogs that some people might think they have to give up
on, and i dont think any of us want to see a dead dog.

ANYWAY I thought Id share a little example related to the OP:
MY mom's 12 year old mini poodle was scratching up the floor
(like fluffing up a bed) out of nervous energy, (how do I know
it was nervousness and not just fun or a dumb dog that really
thinks he can fluff tile?

keep reading!)

so whenever he started doing this I started praising him and he would
stop scratching and then relax (doggy smile, head back, eyes partly
closed, or just put his head down and rest). One day he was under the
table scratching at the floor and I started praising and he DIDNT
STOP.

He looked at me but wouldn't stop scratching. why?

the dog bed nearby was almost within his reach and he was trying to
pull in under the table with him! so I helped him out and put it
within
reach. He scratched at it, brought it under the table and laid down
on
it. Happy as can be.

It makes it easy for us to know or figure out what the feel or need.
if
they are uncomfortable, when praised 5-15 secs they will stop and
relax, if they dont stop the behavior is not stress related.

If I only corrected the behavior of scratching up the floor with a
"NO!" i would not know the difference, the behavior would go
on and on, I would always be correcting , and my moms poor
little poodle would be more stressed.

thanks for reading.

crystal

From: showdogbark
Date: Tues, May 23 2006 3:43 pm
Email: "showdogbark" <jotnarin...@yahoo.com>

Yup The Amazing Puppy Wizard knows how to train dogs, and this
post has much information on it to help understand some of the
ideas behind his methods.

The Puppy Wizard is kind enough to personally answer any dog
problems a person has if they still do not know how to help
their dog with his free manual.

He will for free help with a dog or animal problem over the
phone. Any one who has not tried the free wit's end manual
would benefit from doing so and if they still need help
there is his phone number.

Very selfless and loyal like a dog to the animal world.

I take this time to thank Jerry for all his time he gives away
for free to protect animals. Hats off to you and dear Barbara
for your promoting peace by educating us on new attitudes toward
dog training and animal behavior, for it is true one can judge a
nation on how it treats it's animals.

Show Dog Bark

---------------

Praising BAD Behaviors Is GOOD -
The Fastest Gentlest Most Effective Method
In The Whole Wild World, Bar NONE. <{}; ~ )>

11From: showdogbark aka mirelle
Date: Mon, May 29 2006 2:39 pm
Email: "showdogbark" <jotnarin...@yahoo.com>
Groups: rec.pets.dogs.behavior

<Thanks for finally clarifying who you are. Plonk. >

<Mustang Sally >

Yup I am a dog lover. Who are you?

Plonk? I doubt it, you would not kill-file a person you respond to so
quickly. Show the evidence by not responding. This is not the first
time you have responded. Besides what would you do on this personal
attack newsgroup if you did not keep people around to character
assassinate? You may have to be talking about dogs instead of
belittling each other.

Now that would be a novel idea. Co-operate and lead by example
as you say Jerry does not walk the walk yet talks thetalk. Show
him up if you think this to be true and are sincere about it.

Be polite and agree to disagree all the while discussing points of
view in a good will manner to help our animal companions live with
us in a more loving nonviolent way.

Show Dog Bark

7From: showdogbark aka mirelle
Date: Mon, May 29 2006 1:42 pm
Email: "showdogbark" <jotnarin...@yahoo.com>

HELLO UNSUREALITY,

I agree with you about the way Jerry posts, it is in a
confrontational
aggressive manner. This belies his personal way of communicating one
on
one. The reasons for his public persona being perceived as hostile
and
I do agree with you it can come across that way, do not correlate
with
his non-violent stance on dogs. So it does tarnish his credibility to
some people for if you treat humans in a demeaning way it is hard to
be
taken seriously about treating dogs with respect and politeness.
The reasons for Jerry's public way of relating and I do agree it
comes
off too heavy, are not for me to speculate on. It is his prerogative.

In person and on the phone he is Mr. polite and very nonviolent. His
wisdom on dogs is astonishing and I myself have asked him to tone it
down as you can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar. I can
not speak for him however he does have his reasons for his responses
that are very confrontational. Perhaps that may be his point in his
passion to help dogs he may be trying to expose the case histories of
the people on the forum to show that underneath the caring about dogs
lie case histories of abuse.

This is my guess only.

His Wit's End Manual is not written that way. It has a systematic
revolutionary way of training dogs with no-violence. Also as I said
if
a person genually tries it and still needs help he is there by phone
give free advice, whereupon he is knowledgeable and polite.

He has a gentle voice and demeanor that does not come across in
his posts. I see your point and would say that if you are interested
in dogs try his method or phone him about a dog problem and I
believe you would be surprised.

The man is passionate about his work. So maybe he is eccentric
and his intentions of protecting dogs does not come across in
the way he posts.

As for his commitment to dogs it is beyond reproach.
Show Dog Bark

12From: showdogbark
Date: Mon, May 29 2006 2:53 pm
Email: "showdogbark" <jotnarin...@yahoo.com>

> From: Rocky
>Date: Mon, May 29 2006
> <"showdogbark" <jotnarin...@yahoo.com> said in
> rec.pets.dogs.behavior:
>> Perhaps that may be his point in his passion to help dogs
>> he may be trying to expose the case histories of the people
>> on the forum to show that underneath the caring about dogs
>> lie case histories of abuse. This is my guess only. >
> <Rocky > Post proof of abuse or retract.

Rocky,

I think you missed my point. I said that Jerry posts the proof of
abuse
by posting case histories. I do not keep such files as he does and if
you read his posts that is exactly what he is doing is posting
evidence
of abuse by the people who post here.

It would be redundant of me to do the same.

It is also not something that interests me. I am interested
in the questions asked about dogs, not who does what to
their dogs. For it is said "When you know better, you do better."

This of course is theoretical as we all know better than to smoke yet
people do it. We all know that war leads to more war, and yet war
continues. So the question is what does it take to stop behaviors we
"Know" are violent and self destructive? If we knew that we would be
actively doing something out in the real world and limiting our time
in
cyber space for caring exchange of information.

Personal attack would be a non issue. Yet this group is very quick
to lung and bite verbally.

Show evidence of polite behaviors within the group.

Be Good Do Good Be One.
show Dog Bark.

20From: showdogbark
Date: Tues, May 30 2006 9:54 pm
Email: "showdogbark" <jotnarin...@yahoo.com>

> <unsurreality_2...@yahoo.com
> Tell ya what, "showdogbark" - if you can't see a total lunatic by
> reading just ONE of his messages, it is you that has a problem.
> I've known this Howe creature for nearly 5 years, gave him every
> opportunity to prove himself, offered to even go over and visit,
> anything. He flatly refuses.
>
> I'm curious how you defend him when his so-called "information" is>
> completely wrong. How does that work with you? So, what we have
> is a lunatic, liar, asshole, and someone with not only WRONG
> information, but also deadly information that won't meet up with
> people like me to prove anything at all.
>
> Yup - this is who I'm going to trust my dog with... >

Unsurreality, I do not "defend" Jerry The Amazing Puppy Wizard.
if you look up the word Defend in the dictionary you will see it is
a term originating from war terminology.

Defend "to strike, akin to war, battle"
Also "(a).. to drive danger or attack away. (b) ... to
maintain in the face of argument or hostility."

War terminology and mind sets are not something
I communicate with. I like to speak heart to heart.

I do not defend or endorse Jerry Howe. I am stating the fact that I
find his method works and that his ideology on dogs is akin to ideas
also hold dear to my heart. I am not selling Jerry Howe, neither is
he
as he gives his Free Wit's End Training Manual away for free and
gives
free telephone consultations!

How you could not visit with him is surprising as he posts his
address
and telephone number in many of his posts. I visited with him and his
wife after speaking with him for over thirty hours on the phone. I
also
spoke with his lovely friend Dr. Vaughn a child psychologist.

I speak in terms of like and love. If I do not like something I say
so.
Not defend or oppose. Pitting a person against another person for a
so
called debate is too aggressive for me.

Try a little tenderness with your dogs and each other on this forum.

Do Good-- Be Good-- Be One
Show Dog Bark

----------------

Rocky wrote:
> Lucy afar said in rec.pets.dogs.behavior:
> >> Well hey. Get back to us when you have a dog that isn't
> >> perfect, mmkay?
>
> > I already HAD such a puppy: he used to bite, he used to
> > annoy my older dog, he used to make holes in blankets and
> > dig like mad right in the middle of the sofa. He managed to
> > chew to pieces a USB cable from the digital camera, a
> > cellular phone and several history books. Thanks to him I
> > even had the opportunity to look at the inside of a
> > computer diskette. He had some other ideas of "home
> > improvement" that I couldn't agree with - like moving the
> > content of the garbage bin on the living-room carpet.
>
> In other words, he was acting like a puppy, albeit a poorly
> supervised puppy.

Then there must be lots of such puppies among the dogs of the
posters in this group, and they seem to be staying puppies till the
end of their days - despite all your expert training.

> > It's the same puppy that is now my perfect dog [...]

> In other words, your puppy grew up.

Within a few minutes?

Outstanding growing up process this must have been, to occur after
repeating just a few times the dreaded praise for bad behavior!

Lucy

------------

And HERE'S HOWE COME:

From: "LeeCharlesKelley" <kelleymet...@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 21:53:11 -0400
Subject: Re: Critical Socialization

> "LeeCharlesKelley" kelleymet...@aol.com wrote:
> Okay, but if you're not still speechless, then explain why
> more than 60% of Americans who take their dogs to a puppy
> class report that the dog didn't learn anything and that
> the experience was basically a waste of time and money?

Leah:
> That one's easy. Because they didn't PRACTICE.

<snip>

> if they don't continue to use what they learned after
> class, of course the dogs are going to regress.

"Of course?" You have a pretty low opinion of a puppy's
ability to learn and remember, even though they do it all
the time with no repetitions and no regression.

Or just maybe they *didn't* regress. Maybe they didn't really
learn anything in class because the kind of training you use is
DETRIMENTAL TO THE LEARNING PROCESS, as I stated
earlier.

If it were real learning then the dogs
wouldn't, "of course" regress, would they?

Maybe you remember the example I gave of a dog at the dog
run who instantly learned a new behavior WHILE PLAYING,
and never forgot it.

Or the example I gave about my dog learning the command,
"Up the stairs!", once, just once, and has never regressed
or forgotten the lesson.

He'll still do it every single time, eleven years after he
learned it. Hang on, I'm going to take him out in the hall
right now, where his expecation is to go DOWN the stairs,
not up, and I'm going to tell him, "Up the stairs!" to see
if he really does still remember it . . .

Yep, he went right up the stairs when I told him to,
so nope, he hasn't regressed. I wonder why that is.

But then, I forgot: you believe that learning can't take
place without repetition, so "of course" the puppy will
regress if the owner doesn't keep up with the lessons.

That's only natural, right?

Wrong.

Maybe it's time to give credence to the idea that there's
another model of learning -- which comes naturally to
all animals -- and which doesn't require repetition or
the expectation that the learning will regress.

Just a thought . . .

------------------

From: "LeeCharlesKelley" <kelleymet...@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 00:57:57 -0400
Subject: Re: Critical
> "LeeCharlesKelley" kelleymet...@aol.com wrote:
>
> Yep, he went right up the stairs when I told him to,
> so nope, he hasn't regressed. I wonder why that is.

Leah:>Duh. Because you USE the command regularly?

Who sez? I've gone years without using it at all.

And you're forgetting the fact that a day or two after I
taught him the command (inside the apartment building where
we lived at the time), I was walking Fred along a street on
the way to the park. I stopped in front of a brownstone, a
building we'd never been (and still haven't).

I gave him the command and he immediately obeyed it. The
second time in his life he heard it, he obeyed it, even
though there was no possible reason for him to do so, other
than the fact that I told him to.

Why?

I also taught him once, just once, not to cross a curb
without me. He hasn't forgotten that one either.

Why?

Leah:
> If the owner knows the method to stop the puppy from pulling
> on the leash, yet lets the puppy pull him all over the place,
> the puppy will not stop pulling on the leash.
> This is a no-brainer.

No, *this* is: If the puppy had actually been taught not
to pull on the leash, he would stop pulling on the leash.

I'm sure everyone here, if they thought about it, could
come up with their own examples (like the one I gave about
the dog learning a new behavior WHILE PLAYING in the dog
run) of dogs they've observed learning a new behavior once,
and never forgetting it.

It's the most natural form of learning there is.

But it requires that the dog be in a high-level emotional
state when the learning takes place, which is something
that *can't* be accomplished in a puppy class.

Puppy clases are, generally speaking, detrimental to
the learning process.

LeeCharlesKelley Wrote:

-From what I've read of Jerry's method it incorporates

a completely new model of learning, which is based (in
simplest terms) on the idea that all behavior is the
result of finding a way to relieve emotional tension.

This is true not just for dogs but all animals.

You don't believe in the validity of this particular
model of learning? You don't think it makes sense?

Fine, I guess.

But it makes total sense to me.

And it made sense to Pavlov, too,
though not many people know this.

"Postitive emotions arising in connection
with the perfection of a skill, irrespective
of its pragmatic significance at a given
moment, serve as the reinforcement."
IOW, emotions, not outside rewards, are
what reinforces any behavior.

Finn once saw a small mouse come out of a hole
atthe base of a tree. Needless to say his prey
instinct kicked in BIG TIME and he chased it
back into the hole. This was 7 years before
he died. Up until the very last time he walked
through that section of the park (an hour before
he went) he checked the base of that tree.

He saw that mouse exactly *once*....he never
saw it again. Don't we all have stories like
that?

Especially those of us with dogs whose
prey drives are pretty intense?

And there are lots of examples that may not
even require the prey drive to be active,
just a strong desire to do something: a dog
who wants to escape from the back yard will
learn how to do it once and never forget it,
a dog who wants to jump on the couch or the
bed doesn't need any repetitions to "reinforce"
or re-learn the behavior.

If something is important to a dog, he'll
learn how to do it. Once he learns it, he
learns it. The TRICK to getting him to
"unlearn" it, is to give him a more emotionally
satisfying replacement behavior.

With Oscar and the cat, the more satisfying
behavior was relating to me instead of the cat.
(He's a Lab, with a strong need for social
connections, so that was pretty easy.)

I've been experimenting recently with Jerry
Howe's method of using a sound distraction,
then praising the dog, without any physical
contact, for 15 seconds.

My initial reaction to his technique was that
it was silly to keep praising the dog that long.

I mean, Jerry's a nut, right?

But in every case except one, when I've followed
the exercise exactly, I've seen a definite
physiological change take place in the dog -
- yawning or stretching have been the usual
indicators -- and after only a few repetitions,
the dog often relaxes, curls up, and goes to sleep!

I've tried this on barking, counter-surfing,
separation anxiety, even two dogs who live
together and fight constantly. I was pretty
amazed when I saw this little Boston give up
her aggression and start to yawn!

It's too early for me to be convinced that it
will work every single time with every single
dog, or that it will even have a lasting effect
on these dogs, but so far I think that it's
effective at reducing emotional tension, which,
as you know, I believe that all behavior comes
from the dog trying to find a way to reduce
emotional tension. If you give the dog a
replacement behavior that successfully reduces
emotional tension, the first behavior will no
longer be necessary and the dog will stop doing it.

LeeCharlesKelley.

---------------

BlueMoon wrote:

Hello MOCrab (aka blackvomit) aka jim tindale,

Well, I'd take your advice and go thru the killfile as
you have recommended below, but Jerry's system Is
WORKING wonders with these two puppies in a
matter of days.

He may be abusive and short-tempered with some
people out there because, quite frankly, I think he
cares more about the dogs that the owner's feelings
and feels so strongly about it, it's aggravating to have
"experts" discount his methods.

My husband just got back from taking these 15 week
old pups for a walk, who now respond remarkably
well to the "Zena-Zoey-sit-good-girl!" phrase now
when only said once no matter where they are.

They also respond to the come here command. We
trained them (granted, out of order of the instructions)
with the pennies in the cans only two days ago to come
to us when called.

I've since backtracked to do the exercises in the proper order.

They are calm and well-behaved and impress the Hell
out of anyone who sees them. "You're kidding, they're
only 14 weeks old and they are THAT well behaved?"

Yessiree Bob, they are, and we've only had them for 12
days and have been training them (correctly for 3 days.

We still have more training exercises to do, but why fix
something if it's not broken???? These dogs are happy,
we don't have to yell at or scold them, they are learning
to be secure and to pay attention to us for approval and
not out of fear.

I can only assume some might be threatened by this
manual's methods because it goes against all human
logic on how to train a dog. It certainly didn't make
any sense to me, but I thought what the heck, try it
(even tho I still have to remind myself what to do
because my previous limited experiences with dog
training were SO DIFFERENT to the point that I
almost felt like I needed to take my brain out of my
head and put it back in backwards!!!.....).....

BUT THE SYSTEM WORKS!!!

How in the world could someone just "make
something up" and it WORK?>??>?

My husband was very doubtful about this method
when I told him I wanted to try this. His dad was
a vet, and certainly didn't use these methods with
the parade of dogs they had as kids. But now even
HE has to admit we're doing something right here,
as our stress and frustration levels have lowered
and EVERYONE is much happier around here,
especially the dogs!

I really don't think people are used to the notion that
you can train a dog and it NOT be stressful or difficult.
It's easy IF you do it just like the manual says. It might
be easier for some to NOT do it now and go with the
concept of control rather than respect and understanding,
because that's the way WE are used to thinking and
heaven forbid WE change OUR way of thinking and
admit we've done some counterproductive things in the
past, right?

The results I'm seeing here with these puppies speaks
volumes and discounts what anyone tells me otherwise.

This Wit's End manual is now in a binder
and we're sticking with it.

BlueMoon

------------------------

"Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens!"
-Friedrich Schiller.

"Against stupidity the Gods themselves contend in vain."

INDEEDY.

AND THAT'S HOWE COME THEY GOT ME NHOWE!

In Love And Light,
I Remain Respectfully, Humbly Yours,
Jerry Howe,
The Sincerely Incredibly Freakin Insanely Simply
A-M-A-Z-I-N-G
G-R-A-N-D
Puppy, Child, Pussy, Birdy, Ferret, Goat, Monkey,
SpHOWES And Horsey Wizard <{) ;~ ) >

HOWE MAY I SERVE YOU <{}; ~ ) >

Sincerely,
Jerry Howe,
Director of Research,
Human And Animal Behavior
Forensic Sciences Research Laboratory,
BIOSOUND Scientific,
Director of Training,
Wits' End Dog Training
1611 24th St
Orlando, FL 32805
Phone: 1-407-425-5092 (CALL ANY TIME)
http://www.freewebs.com/thesimplyamazingpuppywizard

E-mail:
Human_And_Animal_Behavior_Forensic_Sciences_Research_Laboratory@HotMail.Com

Lola MacLean
2007-10-19 18:51:25 EST
(I originally sent this to Mirelle by error. I intended to post to the
group:)
| Praise while a dog is doing UNWANTED behavior,
| is a recipe for DISTRUST in the dog.
**************************
Mirelle,
Perhaps I interpreted the manual incorrectly, but I distract my dog with a
quick shake of a soda can filled with coins (or, just an "Uh-Oh" from me)
when he's doing something unacceptable--and only then do I praise him. (He
stops immediately with the distraction and looks to me for direction and
praise. He certainly seems to trust me, and the softly spoken "Good Dog"
seems magical whenever it's used.)

I'm an aging retired nurse and not an experienced dog trainer, but my
9-month old Poodle/Terrior? mix has changed from an insufferable little
monster to a sweet little companion that does his level best to please me.
This happened virtually overnight when I relaxed and quit trying so hard to
be pack leader and "control" him to just giving him (frequently un-earned)
affection--and praised him when he was good. He stopped running about the
house in a frenzy, chewing on his paws and tail (and on me) or lunging at me
like he regarded me as another puppy. (He treated my guests that way too.) I
was getting desperate and wondered if I could even keep him when I went to
the Puppy Wizard site and finally located the manual download. (I'd adopted
him from the local animal shelter four months previously and he was getting
worse by the day.)

I'd have to agree that this fellow's posts are downright offensive (let
alone a chore to decipher) and his Web Site a real turn-off, but some of his
training philosophy sure worked for us! (I've only read part of his manual,
so can't comment on all of it.) Now I have a sweet little mutt that curls up
at my feet or sits close to me--and frequently looks up at me to make sure
he's doing the right thing. (I always reassure him that he is.) I'm just a
"people" now, and he's a dog and seems to like it that way. He's in much
better control of himself and happily tries to do whatever pleases me. Once
I stopped viewing him as a challenge we both relaxed, and I think our body
language indicates a pretty laid-back pair with an affectionate bond. I have
no clue whether he regards me as pack leader, mother figure, or just a good
friend--but he seems to look up to me and we have a much better
relationship.
Happy Pet Owner

TheSincerelyIncrediblyFreakinInsanelySimplyAmazingGrandPuppyChildPussyBirdyGoatFerettAndHorseyWizard
2007-10-19 20:53:08 EST
HOWEDY Lola,

"Lola MacLean" <lmmaclean@removewhiskers.adelphia.net> wrote in message
> (I originally sent this to Mirelle by error. I intended to
> post to the group:)
> | Praise while a dog is doing UNWANTED behavior,
> | is a recipe for DISTRUST in the dog.
> **************************
> Mirelle,
> Perhaps I interpreted the manual incorrectly, but I distract
> my dog with a quick shake of a soda can filled with coins
> (or, just an "Uh-Oh" from me) when he's doing something
> unacceptable--and only then do I praise him.

INDEED. You HAVE misinterperted the manual. Perhaps
you should RE READ it and STUDY it more carefully using
a text to speech reader as instructed <{}: ~ ( >

> (He stops immediately with the distraction and looks to
> me for direction and praise. He certainly seems to trust
> me, and the softly spoken "Good Dog"seems magical
> whenever it's used.)

You mean, LIKE THIS?:

Rocky wrote:
> Lucy afar said in rec.pets.dogs.behavior:
> >> Well hey. Get back to us when you have a dog that isn't
> >> perfect, mmkay?
>
> > I already HAD such a puppy: he used to bite, he used to
> > annoy my older dog, he used to make holes in blankets and
> > dig like mad right in the middle of the sofa. He managed to
> > chew to pieces a USB cable from the digital camera, a
> > cellular phone and several history books. Thanks to him I
> > even had the opportunity to look at the inside of a
> > computer diskette. He had some other ideas of "home
> > improvement" that I couldn't agree with - like moving the
> > content of the garbage bin on the living-room carpet.
>
> In other words, he was acting like a puppy, albeit a poorly
> supervised puppy.

Then there must be lots of such puppies among the dogs of the
posters in this group, and they seem to be staying puppies till the
end of their days - despite all your expert training.

> > It's the same puppy that is now my perfect dog [...]

> In other words, your puppy grew up.

Within a few minutes?

Outstanding growing up process this must have been, to occur after
repeating just a few times the dreaded praise for bad behavior!

Lucy

------------

> I'm an aging retired nurse and not an experienced dog trainer,
> but my9-month old Poodle/Terrior? mix has changed from an
> insufferable little monster to a sweet little companion that does
> his level best to please me.
>
> This happened virtually overnight when I relaxed and quit
> trying so hard to be pack leader and "control" him to just
> giving him (frequently un-earned) affection--and praised
> him when he was good.

Naaaah? That SCARES these CON-TROLL freaks
TO DEATH, don't, you know?!?!

> He stopped running about the house in a frenzy, chewing
> on his paws and tail (and on me) or lunging at me like he
> regarded me as another puppy. (He treated my guests that way too.)

Naaaah? Oh, you mean JUST LIKE HOWE IT SEZ in The Manual??

> I was getting desperate and wondered if I could even
> keep him when I went to the Puppy Wizard site and
> finally located the manual download. (I'd adopted
> him from the local animal shelter four months previously
> and he was getting worse by the day.)

Oh well then, you musta just followed the PLAGIARIZED
parts, the parts that ALL the EXXXPERTS have known
FOR YEARS!

> I'd have to agree that this fellow's posts are downright offensive

Yeah, it's a NASTY world we live in, AIN'T IT, Lola?

> (let alone a chore to decipher) and his Web Site a real turn-off,

Yeah, so I've been told. Seems my picture likeWIZE SCARES
THEM TO DEATH... HOWEver, THAT'S HOWE it was INTENDED.

> but some of his training philosophy sure worked for us!

Naaaah? Oh, you mean it WORKS just like HOWE it works
for ALL dogs and ALL handlers ALL OVER the WHOWEL
WILD WORLD, Lola?

> (I've only read part of his manual,

Well SHAME ON YOU, Lola. THAT AIN'T
no way to earn my appreciation <{}: ~ ( >

> so can't comment on all of it.)

Well then, you know what to do! Better get back to work
STUDYING the text an applying it to your dog and family.

> Now I have a sweet little mutt that curls up at my feet
> or sits close to me--and frequently looks up at me to
> make sure he's doing the right thing. (I always reassure
> him that he is.) I'm just a "people" now, and he's a dog
> and seems to like it that way. He's in much better control
> of himself and happily tries to do whatever pleases me.

INDEED? Oh, you mean you simply DONE EVERY THING
EXXXACTLY PRECISELY OPPOSITE of HOWE these
pathetic miserable stinkin lyin animal murdin punk thug
coward active accute chronic life long incurable malignant
MENTAL CASES PREFER and got your own 100%
CONSISTENTLY NEARLY INSTANT SUCCESS?

SHAAAZZZAAAMMM?

NO, NOT "SHAAAZZZAAAMM?"

THAT WAS PREDICTABLE <{}: ~ ) >

> Once I stopped viewing him as a challenge we both relaxed,
> and I think our body language indicates a pretty laid-back
> pair with an affectionate bond.

Oh, you mean you used allelomimetic behavior and
the opposition reflex to achive your SUCCESS??

> I have no clue whether he regards me as pack leader,
> mother figure, or just a good friend--but he seems to
> look up to me and we have a much better relationship.

Naaaah?

> Happy Pet Owner

Well, you can be SHORE that you'll be KILLFILED here!!

Oh, and THANK YOU for being at least
a partially dilligent Student <{}: ~ ) >

There AIN'T NO NEED to say "THANK YOU The Sincerely
Incredibly Freakin Insanely Simply Amazing Grand Puppy,
Child, Pussy, Birdy, Goat, Ferret, Monkey, SpHOWES, And
Horsey Wizard" <{}: ~ ) >

HOWEver, if you PREFER to, here's a couple serving suggestions:

LIKE THIS:

Thank you, Jerry, for all you help.
You've been a blessing to all of us.

AIMEE

------------------

AND LIKE THIS:

Jerry, after reading some of the threads in the news
group, I can't for the life of me understand why this
many people are so dang blind or ignorant.

You just keep plugging away at what you do,
because you my friend are a life saver!!!

Anytime you need someone to speak about the results
of your product, you have my number. We would gladly
talk to them.

Thank you very much for all your help. God bless you...

Anthony & Linda Testa
Jacksonville, Florida

----------------------

From: Marshall Dermer (der...@alpha1.csd.uwm.edu)
Subject: Re: Jerry's Dog Training Manual
Date: 2001-07-12 06:49:13 PST

And how do we know this aspect of his
advice is right?

Jerry is not God and his manual is not the Bible.
His advice could be subject to an empirical analysis.

(Also, it is best to killfile posts from the
few regulars here who are either ill-tempered,
ill-mannered, or just plain ill.),

--Marshall

Marshall Lev Dermer/ Department of Psychology/ University of
Wisconsin-Milwaukee/ Milwaukee, WI 53201/ der...@uwm.edu
http://www.uwm.edu/~dermer
"Life is just too serious to be taken entirely seriousyl!"

Subject: Subject changed: JUMPING / MOUTHING On PEOPLE
(Ninnyboy)

26 From: Marshall Dermer -
Date: Tues, Aug 14 2001
Email: der...@alpha1.csd.uwm.edu (Marshall Dermer)
In article <2e501ccd.0108141341.7f18d...@posting.google.com>
m*.@yahoo.com (Matthew Burnside) writes:

Dear Matt:

Many have offered Jerry constructive advice but
Jerry has failed to profit from it.

My sincere advice is to filter out Jerry's posts.

--Marshall

PS: I have put "Ninnyboy" in the header for many of us filter
posts with this term. The term indicates that the post
is about Jerry.

I have read rpdb for about five years. Consequently, I urge
newbies to attend to the civil and rational posts of the rpdb
regulars from whom I have learned much. They include:
Ann (,Twzl, Sligo & Roy), Amy Dahl, Diane Blackman,
jdoee, Janet Boss, Susan Fraser, Avrama Gingold, Nancy
Holmes, Lynn Kosmakos, Bob Maida, MaryBeth, Ruth
Mays, Cindy Tittle Moore, Robin Nuttall, Denna Pace,
John Richardson, Sarah Sionnach, Ludwig Smith, Jane
Webb, and Terri Willis.

*(EVERY WON of them got VERY LONG POSTED CASE}
HISTORIES of INCURABLE MENTAL ILLNESS an HURTIN
INTIMIDATIN an MURDERIN INNOCENT DEFENSELESS
DUMB CRITTERS an LYIN abHOWET IT.)

Marshall Lev Dermer/Associate Professor/Behavior Analysis
Specialty/ Department of Psychology/University of
Wisconsin--Milwaukee/Milwaukee, WI 53201

d*.@uwm.edu http://www.uwm.edu/~dermer

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me. But if I am only for
myself, what am I?" _The Talmud_

YOU'RE FRAUDS, drs p. and dermer!

Either DEFEND your LIES, ABUSE And
Degrees or get the heel HOWETA THIS
BUSINESS.

From: "George von Hilsheimer, Ph.D."
To: "Jerry Howe" <theamazingpuppywiz...@mail.com>
Subject: Alleged Professors of Animal Behavior
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 12:50:51 -0400

Dear Jerry, I paged through some of the "dog business"
and was astonished at the low quality of opinions arising
from professors of behavior analysis.

I had the very great privilege of meeting Sam Corson
(Pavlov's last Ph.D. student) and his dogs at Ohio
University. I even got to spend a night at Sam's house.

There is no question but that you are a spiritual brother
to Corson and to Pavlov, both of whom knew that the dog's
great capacity for love was the key to shaping doggie behavior.

Paradoxical reward and paradoxical fixing of attention are
both well documented Pavlovian techniques. Even so humorless
a chap as B.F. Skinner taught students like the Breland's whose
"The Misbehavior of Organisms" demonstrate the utility of your
methods and their deep roots in scientific (as opposed to
commercial) psychology.

George von Hilsheimer, Ph. D., F. R. S. H., Diplomate,
Academy of Behavioral Medicine

Here's professor dermer AFTER gettin JERRYIZED:

"We Are Lucky To Have You, And More People Should
Come To Their Senses And Support Your Valuable Work.
God Bless The Puppy Wizard," Professor Marshall Dermer,
Dept Of ANAL-ytic Behavior, UofWI.