Dog Discussion: PetSmart Pet Hotels

PetSmart Pet Hotels
Posts: 19

Report Abuse

Use this form to report abuse or request takedown.
The requests are usually processed within 48 hours.

Page: 1 2   Next  (First | Last)

RGB
2007-08-21 23:18:58 EST
Anyone have experience with these? I need a good place to board my dog
in the SF Bay Area for a few days.

http://www.petsmart.com/petshotel

Shelly
2007-08-22 10:19:52 EST
RGB wrote:
> Anyone have experience with these? I need a good place to board my dog
> in the SF Bay Area for a few days.
>
> http://www.petsmart.com/petshotel

If it were me, I would ask my dog owning friends or my vet for
boarding recommendations. I suppose it's possible that Petsmart
might get something right occasionally, but I would rather not
chance it, since it would not be me suffering the consequences if I
made a poor choice. Well, that, and there are nearly *always*
better options than Petsmart, if you look hard enough.

(Also, hallelujah for little brothers!)

--
Shelly
http://www.cat-sidh.net (the Mother Ship)
http://esther.cat-sidh.net (Letters to Esther)

Diddy
2007-08-22 10:28:03 EST
Shelly <shelly@cat-sidh.net> spoke these words of wisdom in news:fahgm9$9cu$1
@registered.motzarella.org:

> RGB wrote:
>> Anyone have experience with these? I need a good place to board my dog
>> in the SF Bay Area for a few days.
>>
>> http://www.petsmart.com/petshotel
>
> If it were me, I would ask my dog owning friends or my vet for
> boarding recommendations. I suppose it's possible that Petsmart
> might get something right occasionally, but I would rather not
> chance it, since it would not be me suffering the consequences if I
> made a poor choice. Well, that, and there are nearly *always*
> better options than Petsmart, if you look hard enough.
>
> (Also, hallelujah for little brothers!)
>

The only problems I have with Petsmart is their training programs.
They do much to help local humane societies and rescue groups. Of course they
are profit oriented, just like any business should be. I think the Pethotel
sounds like a great idea, and I'd like to do one myself and have thought
about it often.

Suja
2007-08-22 10:31:31 EST

"Shelly" <shelly@cat-sidh.net> wrote in message:

> I suppose it's possible that Petsmart
> might get something right occasionally, but I would rather not
> chance it, since it would not be me suffering the consequences if I
> made a poor choice.

A friend of mind had to board her dog at the last minute and left him at the
PetsMart pet hotel. She said that while he seemed fine when she picked him
up, he reeked of urine. Needless to say, that was the last time she did
that.

Suja



Melinda Shore
2007-08-22 10:34:05 EST
In article <AKXyi.168520$BX3.83282@newsfe13.lga>,
Suja <spanaval@yahoo.com> wrote:
>A friend of mind had to board her dog at the last minute and left him at the
>PetsMart pet hotel. She said that while he seemed fine when she picked him
>up, he reeked of urine. Needless to say, that was the last time she did
>that.

A problem with Petsmart is that they're a chain, and while
it may bring a uniformity to their product line it can't
also bring a uniformity to their services, even though they
might all be working out of the same manuals. They're
pretty much at the mercy of whatever teenagers and Leahs
need a job in that particular location. It seems to me that
some are probably fine and some are probably awful.
--
Melinda Shore - Software longa, hardware brevis - shore@panix.com

Prouder than ever to be a member of the reality-based community

Shelly
2007-08-22 10:47:09 EST
diddy wrote:

> The only problems I have with Petsmart is their training programs.

I won't shop there because they sell exotics. Also because they are
the Walmart of pet supply shops. Petsmart is not good for the
little guys, and since I depend on the little guys, I can't afford
to run them out of business.

> They do much to help local humane societies and rescue groups.

Not enough to make it worth my while to shop there.

--
Shelly
http://www.cat-sidh.net (the Mother Ship)
http://esther.cat-sidh.net (Letters to Esther)

Suja
2007-08-22 10:52:11 EST

"diddy" <none> wrote in message:

> I think the Pethotel
> sounds like a great idea, and I'd like to do one myself and have thought
> about it often.

Rajesh often says that when we are retired, we should run a private dog park
and board a select number of dogs.

Someone recently started a doggie playground type of thing near us. They
offer a couple of acres of enclosed space for the dogs to run around in, a
lure course, an agility area, and soon, an in-ground pool. My friend's two
Sibes never tired of chasing the lure and had an absolute blast, so now
she's going to buy a few sessions for the dogs. And, the owner says that
his dog (female APBT) has learned to work the remote for the course, and
will set it off for other dogs.

Suja




RGB
2007-08-22 12:25:37 EST
diddy <none> wrote:

> > > Anyone have experience with these? I need a good place to board my dog
> > > in the SF Bay Area for a few days.
> > >
> > > http://www.petsmart.com/petshotel
>
> The only problems I have with Petsmart is their training programs.

What do you mean?

> They do much to help local humane societies and rescue groups. Of
> course they are profit oriented, just like any business should be. I
> think the Pethotel sounds like a great idea, and I'd like to do one
> myself and have thought about it often.

Well, I'm planning to stop by the one in Fremont, CA sometime this week
to check it out. Don't know how much I'll get to see but hopefully I'll
be able to get a sense of the place. Maybe I can even talk to some of
their customers as they check their pets in and out.

If I do go with it I'll definitely file a report here.

Thanks...
Mark

RGB
2007-08-22 12:27:27 EST
In article <X1Yyi.168522$BX3.26508@newsfe13.lga>,
"Suja" <spanaval@yahoo.com> wrote:

> > I think the Pethotel sounds like a great idea, and I'd like to do
> > one myself and have thought about it often.
>
> Rajesh often says that when we are retired, we should run a private dog park
> and board a select number of dogs.

See finale of "Six Feet Under"? It does sound like an awesome life.

RGB
2007-08-22 12:29:05 EST
In article <AKXyi.168520$BX3.83282@newsfe13.lga>,
"Suja" <spanaval@yahoo.com> wrote:

> A friend of mind had to board her dog at the last minute and left him
> at the PetsMart pet hotel. She said that while he seemed fine when
> she picked him up, he reeked of urine. Needless to say, that was the
> last time she did that.

Oh. That certainly isn't encouraging. Hopefully I'll be able to get a
sense by visiting if the local place is anything like that.

Thanks.

Mark
Page: 1 2   Next  (First | Last)


2020 - UsenetArchives.com | Contact Us | Privacy | Stats | Site Search
Become our Patron