Dog Discussion: Shame On Shamu? NO! Shame On Bribe / Withhold / Ignore / Avoid / Rewards Based Training Methods

Shame On Shamu? NO! Shame On Bribe / Withhold / Ignore / Avoid / Rewards Based Training Methods

Page:  Previous  1 2   (First | Last)

Angie
2006-12-08 05:38:39 EST
Poodle lolololol.....................
"Drachen" <drachen@sasktel.net> wrote in message
> WHAT??!?!?! SINCE when???? Where do you get your facts????!?
>
> AT least let there be some poodle in them!!
> I am amused...
>
> care
>
> "John Oliver" <joliver@john-oliver.net> wrote in message
>> On Thu, 07 Dec 2006 03:20:12 GMT, Shadow Walker wrote:
>> > It was not Shamu that attacked but an orca names Ki.
>>
>> It's also a little-known fact that killer whales are neither dogs nor
>> pit bulls. Amazing but true!
>>
>> --
>> * John Oliver http://www.john-oliver.net/ *

Andrea Palazzi
2006-12-08 05:45:13 EST
that depends on their breakfast :P
--
ciao, a.
http://www.sundaysw.com

"Drachen" <drachen@sasktel.net> ha scritto
> WHAT??!?!?! SINCE when???? Where do you get your facts????!?
> AT least let there be some poodle in them!!
> I am amused...
> care

> "John Oliver" <joliver@john-oliver.net> wrote in message
>> On Thu, 07 Dec 2006 03:20:12 GMT, Shadow Walker wrote:
>> > It was not Shamu that attacked but an orca names Ki.
>>
>> It's also a little-known fact that killer whales are neither dogs nor
>> pit bulls. Amazing but true!
>> * John Oliver http://www.john-oliver.net/ *

H*@hotmail.com
2006-12-08 16:41:11 EST
HOWEDY shadow walker,

Thank you for your reply. HOWEver, it seems you've grossly
missed the point as you evidently did in the heartworm posts
where you OVERLOOKED the NEWEST HW TREATMENT
PROCEDURES and will CONtinue followin your veterinary
malpracticioner's self serving advice <{}: ~ ( >

Shadow Walker wrote:
> It was not Shamu that attacked but an orca names Ki.

INDEEDY. Additionally, a fairly comprehensive CASE HISTORY
of the many "Shamu" attacks on their trainers was included so's
to PROVE THE POINT that so called CLICKER TRAININ IS NOT
POSITIVE REINFORCEMENT, it's PUNISHMENT, as articulated
by B.F. Skinner et al, noted in the SCIENTIFIC DATA following
my article.

> Some people are circulating this because the name was in the articles.
> The attack happend at the SeaWorld Adventure Park during "The Shamu
> Adventure Show" not by the whale by the same name.

It don't matter if it was a Orca named Shamu or Ki, or a tiger trained
by
Seigfried & Roy or a Yorkie/Maltese DOG cross or a Labradorable dog
named Baily or Briar or a BC named Solo or Rocky or a CHOWE dog
named Cubbe or a Pit Bull named Mushroom or jabbadoodle or Ozzie,
it's ALL THE SAME SAME regardless of the NAME, shadow walker <{) : ~ (

The REASON for these "attacks' is the CLICKER TRAINING METHOD, i.e.,
offering and withHOWELDING BRIBES. IN FACT, in some of the Orca
attacks,
the beasts NUDGED the trainer's arm pryor to "attacking", BEGGING them
release a TREAT from the human Skinner Box.

The REASON I put ATTACKING in QUOTES is on accHOWENTA these giant
sea mammals LIVE off of KILLING sea lions weighing hundreds of pounds.
Were they to REALLY ATTACK their human trainers they'd dispatch them in
a heartbeat a la Seigfried & Roy's INCIDENT, although that was NOT a
result
of CLICKER TRAININ per se, it was offering and withHOWELDING BRIBES.

The FACT that the tiger was also trained using fear force and
intimidation was responsible for the severity of Roy's injuries,
yet still mitigated by their friendly relationship when not being
CORRECTED FOR BAD BEHAVIOR <{): ~ ( >

The ONLY REASON these Orcas DID NOT MURDER their trainers is
because they DON'T JERK CHOKE and SHOCK them as their dog
trainin contemporaries DO and TEACH, shadow walker. OtheWIZE
we'd be seeing 100% DEAD trainers in each and every incident.

J.Q. Pubic MUST BE INFORMED abHOWET the DANGERS of so
called clicker training and the self promoting ignorameHOWES
trainers who SELL CLICKER TRAINING MUST BE IDENTIFIED
EXXXPOSED and DISCREDITED <{): ~ ) >

Here's the deal on clicker trainin:

From: "Dr. Von" <drv...@mindspring.com>
Date: 12 Sep 2005 10:52:19 -0700
Subject: Re: Clicker Training for Dogs Newsgroups?

Jen wrote:
> I would love to know of one as well. If there was
> enough people interested maybe we could start one.
> I've just started clicker training my dog and have
> been doing the positive training for a while now.
> I think it's great!!

Jen, your request for a positive only dog training list,
needs the same answer as I give the folk who ask why I
don't have a list for what I do with biofeedback.

The method is so simple, and if you adopt it and relate
to your dog in such a positive manner you won't have any
more problems and there is no need for any more technique.

With Puppies we Ph.D. psychologists have been outflanked
by the entirely practical and effective methods described
in http://www.tinyurl.com/7bl5u. Free download, nothing
sold, no mailing list, no distribution of your name. Free
support if needed.

With ADHD kids I provide similar information at
www.drbiofeedback.com and there is no need for
a list dealing with problems with kids. Apply
as directed and have happy healthy doggies or
kiddies.

Not difficult.

George von Hilsheimer, Ph.D., F.R.S.H.

P.S. jerk and choke, spanking, shocking, scruff shake,
choke, chin chucks, all those negatives, denial of
affection etc. are harmful, dranging, obscenities.

You might want to consider Pavlov's typology to
understand "hard and soft dogs" - essentially he
taught that there are outward and inward responding
organisms in weak and strong nervous systems and if
you grasp this firmly you'll shape your training
methods effectively.

Punishment ALWAYS deranges behavior, and so is
recommended and given only by deranged humans.

Of course, it doesn't matter if we are talking
dogs, cats, people, sheep, even husbands.

Dr. Von

---------------

Abuse / fear / aggression / hyperactivity / shyness / suicide
attempts AIN'T a chemical imbalance or genetic problem it's
a SPIRITUAL problem, passed on from WON generatiHOWEN
of abuser to the next, like the 100th monkey washin fruit in
the stream. After a while it's not just NORMAL, it's OBLIGATORY.

To do otherWIZE would be DISRESPECTFUL of your parental teachins.

The Puppy Wizard's SYNDROME Is the Perfect Synergy Of
Love, Pride, Desire, Shame, Greed, Ego, Fear,
Hate, Reflex, Self Will,
Arrogance, Ignorance, Predjudice, Cowardice,
Disbelief, Jealousy, Embarrassment, Embellishment,
Guilt, Anger, Hopelessness, Helplesness,
Aversion, Attraction, Inhibition, Revulsion, Repulsion,
Change, Permanence, Enlightenment, Insult, Attrition,
And
Parental / ReligiHOWES / Societal Conditioning.

YOU ARE THE CRITTER YOU WAS TRAINED.

It Is The Perfect Fusion Of The Word..., In The Physical.
The Sincerely Incredibly Freakin Insanely Simply
A-M-A-Z-I-N-G
G-R-A-N-D
Puppy, Child, Pussy, Birdy And Horsey Wizard <{) ; ~ ) >

Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 02:43:46 -0500
From: Amanda <ama...@dcfwatch.com>
To: "N

On Wednesday 15 January 2003 01:54, "N wrote:

i responded in katie's mail.. youll get it before this one :)
i'm not the expert.. mr. howe is teaching me.. and im figuring
alot out.. plus its just coming to me.. two months ago i would
cry cuz i was soooo lost... and now i go ahead and live it...
like he gave me just enough for my brain to fill in the rest?

when i would swat in my early parent years.. up until i got
crunchy this last year.. i swore spanking was great.. a lil
bit of fear in yo' momma is what i would say.. and my family
supported me.. you can spank and not be abusive.

then i felt guilty... not because i knew better, but becuase
you guys and others did it wihtout spanking.. better than me...
but i would still say i just have bad kids.. then i started
feeling guilty..asked for help.. got some advice and it worked
some.. but not much.. enough to make me think i did it.. then
it wouldn't help..

then i heard him tell someone on the news group"
Do you think hitting babies is intelligent" and i was
like whoa.. now i feel like cockaroach and pray every
time i distract them that they can somehow grow up
not to hate me..

and i pray i caught myself in enough time.

------------------------

George von Hilsheimer, Ph.D., F.R.S.H.
d*.@earthlink.net

P.S. You're welcome to call him 24/7, he's almost always
sitting as his desk "stark ravin nekkid" as he says
and always answers with a cheerful "HOWEDY, this is
Jerry" and you'll get the information you need, for
free or he swears he'll "GET THE HEEL HOWETA THIS
BUSINESS".

"The day may come when the rest of the animal creation
may acquire those rights
which never could have been withholden from them
but by the hand of tyranny.

The question is not can they REASON,
nor can they TALK,
but can they SUFFER?" -
- Jeremy Bentham

All truth passes through three stages.
First, it is ridiculed.
Second, it is violently opposed.
Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
-Arthur Schopenhauer

"Thank you for fighting the fine fight--
even tho it's a hopeless task,
in this system of things.
As long as man is ruling man,
there will be animals (and humans!)
abused and neglected. :-(
Your student," Juanita.

"If you've got them by the balls their
hearts and minds will follow,"
John Wayne.

Jerry Howe,
Director of Research,
Human And Animal Behavior
Forensic Sciences Research Laboratory,
BIOSOUND Scientific,
Director of Training,
Wits' End Dog Training
1611 24th St
Orlando, FL 32805
Phone: 1-407-425-5092
Email:
The_Insanely_Freakin_Simply_Amazing_Grand_Puppy_Wiza...@HotMail.Com

> [...]
> HOWE we escape the phenomenon that an expected
> reward not received is experienced as a punishment
> and can produce extensive and persistent aggression
> (Azrin et al, 1966)."
>
> "The IMBECILITY of some of the claims for operant
> technique simply take the breath away. Lovas et al
> (1966) report a standard contingent reward/punishment
> procedure developing imitative speech in two severly
> disturbed non verbal schizophrenic boys. After twenty-
> six days the boys are reported to have been learning
> new words with alacrity. HOWEver, when REWARDS were
> moved to a delayed contingency the behavior and learning
> immediately deteriorated."
>

> Sam Corson, Pavlov's Last Student Demonstrated At
> UofOH, That Rehabilitation Of Hyperactive Dogs Can
> Easily And Readily Be Done Using TLC. Tender Loving
> Care Is At The Root Of The Scientific Management Of
> Doggys. <{) ; ~ ) >
>
> "...all the highest nervous activity, as it manifests
> itself in the conditional reflex, consists of a continual
> change of these three fundamental processes -- excitation,
> inhibition and disinhibition," Ivan P. Pavlov
>
> "Postitive emotions arising in connection
> with the perfection of a skill, irrespective
> of its pragmatic significance at a given
> moment, serve as the reinforcement. IOW,
> emotions, not outside rewards, are what
> reinforces any behavior," Ivan Pavlov.
>
> "All animals learn best through play." -- Konrad Lorenz
>
> "It is NO WONDER that the marked changes in
> deviant behavior of children can be achieved
> through brief, simple educative routines with
> their mothers which modify the mother's social
> behaviors shaping the child (Whaler, 1966). Some
> clinics have reported ELIMINATION ofthe need for
> child THERAPY through changing the clinical emphasis
> from clinical to parental HANDLING of the child
> (Szrynski 1965).
>
> A large number of cases improved sufficiently after
> preliminary contact with parents that NO treatment
> of children was required, and almost ALL cases SHOWE
> a remarkably shortened period for therapy. Quite severe
> cases of anorexia nervosa have been treated in own to
> five months by simply REPLACING the parents temporarily
> with EFFUSIVELY LOVING SUBSTITUTES (Groen, 1966)."
>
> The Methods, Principles And Philosophy Of Behavior
> Never Change,
> Or They'd Not Be Scientific
> And Could Not Obtain
> Consistent, Reliable, Fast, Effective, Safe Results
> For All Handler's And All Critters,
> And ALL Behaviors
> In ALL FIELDS And ALL UTILITIES,
> ALL OVER The Whole Wild World,
> NEARLY INSTANTLY,
> As Taught In Your FREE Copy Of The Sincerely Incredibly
> Freakin Insanely Simply Amazing
> GRAND
> Puppy, Child, Pussy, Birdy And Horsey Wizard's
> 100% CONSISTENTLY NEARLY INSTANTLY SUCCESSFUL
> FREE
> WWW Wits'End Dog, Child, Kat And Horse Training Method Manual

Drachen
2006-12-10 20:45:08 EST
Hee hee hee hee...

never thought of it that way...

> that depends on their breakfast :P
> --
> ciao, a.
> http://www.sundaysw.com
> hobbits use their real names
>
> "Drachen" <drachen@sasktel.net> ha scritto
> > WHAT??!?!?! SINCE when???? Where do you get your facts????!?
> > AT least let there be some poodle in them!!
> > I am amused...
> > care

> >> It's also a little-known fact that killer whales are neither dogs nor
> >> pit bulls. Amazing but true!
> >> * John Oliver http://www.john-oliver.net/
*

Page:  Previous  1 2   (First | Last)