Dog Discussion: Beagle Barking At Other Dogs

Beagle Barking At Other Dogs

Thesnowbaron
2003-10-23 01:53:35 EST
When I take my 6 year old beagle boy on his daily walk he usually likes to bark
at other dogs in a non aggressive manner. He seems very attached to me. Could it
be that he is over-protective and how can I stop him. "Out" command does not
help.
Thanks for any suggestions.
Frank in Aussieland

Culprit
2003-10-23 05:42:17 EST

"thesnowbaron" <frankyson46@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> When I take my 6 year old beagle boy on his daily walk he usually likes to
bark
> at other dogs in a non aggressive manner. He seems very attached to me.
Could it
> be that he is over-protective and how can I stop him. "Out" command does
not
> help.

if your beagle is barking in a non aggressive manner, he's probably not
trying to protect you. he's probably just saying "hi", or "look, there's a
dog".

here's more info on dog communication:
http://www.canismajor.com/dog/cancom.html

-kelly

The Puppy Wizard
2003-10-23 11:55:19 EST
HOWEDY Frank,

It's all in your FREE copy of The Puppy Wizard's FREE
WWW Wits' End Dog Training Method Manual.

Ask The Puppy Wizard if you need any additional
FREE help...

First questions is DID YOU DO THE EXERCISES AS INSTRUCTED?

The Puppy Wizard. <} ; ~ ) >

"thesnowbaron" <frankyson46@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> When I take my 6 year old beagle boy on his daily walk he
usually likes to bark
> at other dogs in a non aggressive manner. He seems very attached
to me. Could it
> be that he is over-protective and how can I stop him. "Out"
command does not
> help.
> Thanks for any suggestions.
> Frank in Aussieland

The Puppy Wizard
2003-10-23 12:06:11 EST
HOWEDY culprit,

"culprit" <culprit@flashmail.com> wrote in message

> "thesnowbaron" <frankyson46@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
> > When I take my 6 year old beagle boy on his daily walk he
> > usually likes to bark at other dogs in a non aggressive
manner.
> > He seems very attached to me. Could it be that he is over-
> > protective and how can I stop him. "Out" command does
> > not help.

That's probaby cause you're not PRAISING immediately...

> if your beagle is barking in a non aggressive manner,

Doesn't matter HOWE COME he's barkin. It's EZ to
stop the dog from barkin if you know HOWE.

> he's probably not trying to protect you. he's probably
> just saying "hi", or "look, there's a dog".

Could be. No difference.

> here's more info on dog communication:
> http://www.canismajor.com/dog/cancom.html

BWEEEEAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!

That site got BAD INFORMATION from DOG ABUSERS:

> -kelly

"To avoid anti-dog regulations and legislation and keep peace in
the neighborhood, every Barkley, Rascal, Sassy, and Fluffy should
learn "Shhhhh!" or "Quit" to turn off the sound before it causes
trouble."

Trying to REPRESS barking will INCREASE ANXIHOWESNESS.

"Along with teaching some version of "knock-it-off," "

You mean, INTIMIDATION.

" dog owners should always respond to barking and
praise the dog for alerting to the visitor or passer-by
so the dog knows he can do his job before being told
to zip his lip."

IMAGINE??? Just like HOWE it sez in your FREE
copy of The Puppy Wizard's FREE WWW Wits'
End Dog Training Method Manual.

"Some dogs that bark excessively are victims of
separation anxiety, a malady that causes various
neurotic behaviors when dogs are left alone."

SA is CAUSED BY REPRESSIVE TRAINING METHODS
as taught by HOWER DOG LOVERS.

"Mild cases can be handled by training; "

BEWWWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!

The Puppy Wizard has NEVER seen a case
of SA that can't be CURED NEARLY INSTANTLY.

"severe cases require long-term behavior modification. "

BWEEEEAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!

THAT'S BULLSHIT.

"Books that may help with barking dog problems are Dog
Problems : A Professional Trainer's Guide to Preventing
and Correcting .... by Carol Lea Benjamin; "

Ahhhh, captain arthur haggerty's flunkie... and dog abuser.

"I Just Got a Puppy : What Do I Do? By Mordecai Siegal
and Matthew Margolis; "

Ahhha, a couple other captain haggerty FLUNKIES and DOG ABUSERS.

BWEEEAAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!

The Puppy Wizard
2003-10-23 12:22:02 EST
HOWEDY culprit,

"culprit" <culprit@flashmail.com> wrote in message

> "thesnowbaron" <frankyson46@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
> > When I take my 6 year old beagle boy on his daily walk he
> > usually likes to bark at other dogs in a non aggressive
manner.

> if your beagle is barking in a non aggressive manner, he's
probably not
> trying to protect you. he's probably just saying "hi", or
"look, there's a
> dog".
>
> here's more info on dog communication:
> http://www.canismajor.com/dog/cancom.html

BWEEEEAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!

That site has been DISCREDITED by The Puppy Wizard.

> -kelly

Here's HOWE COME:

"Carol Lea Benjamin uses a variation of this method in Dog
Problems : A Professional Trainer's Guide to Preventing and
Correcting Aggression, Destructiveness, Housebreaking Problems,
Excessive Barking, Dogfights, Tugging, Jumping, Shyness, Stealing,
Begging, Car Chasing, Fear Biting, Object Guarding, and much, much
more,

but instead of making a distracting noise, she recommends that
owners correct the dog when he starts barking by re-entering the
house or yard, shaking the dog by the scruff, and repeating "NO,
NO, NO" in a commanding tone. After the correction, the owner
should calmly leave again, wait out of the dog's sight, and repeat
if necessary.

Owner must judge the applicability of these methods for himself.
Some will find them useful, others will not have the patience or
the fortitude to carry them out, and still others will find that
their dogs bark more, not less, because the noise brings
attention."

" Training is the best way to correct unacceptable behavior,
but other methods are available. "

For the DOG LOVERS who don't know HOWE to TRAIN a dog...

"Faced with seemingly unsolvable problems and threats of lawsuits
or court action, "

When you're AFRAID you HURT the dog...

"owners have used no-bark collars and vocal cord surgery
to stop their pets from making excess noise."

INDEEDY! On the ADVICE of DOG LOVERS who
HURT and KILL dogs cause they're AFRAID of the
normal natural innate instinctive reflexive behaviors
they don't have the INTELLECT to HOWEtwit.

"The anti-bark collars come in two types, radio and
herbal spray. The radio collars deliver a mild shock
when the dog starts to bark. The collar has prongs
that must touch the front of the dog's neck so the
vibrations of the barking trigger the shock. The
herbal spray collars work the same way, only the
vibrations trigger a mist of pungent citrus-scented
fog into the dog's face. The mist startles the dog
and interrupts the barking.

Debarking must be done by a veterinarian. The
procedure is misnamed - it muffles barking but
doesn't eliminate it - but it is a humane alternative "

TO TRAININ???

"to the options of giving away a beloved pet, suffering
the wrath of neighbors, or facing legal action."

On accHOWENT of you ain't got the INTELLECT to
HOWEtwit the cunning of the domestic puppy dog.

Norma Bennett Woolf

Dog abuser and FRAUD.

The Puppy Wizard. <} ; ~ ) >

NHOWE GET THE HEEL HOWET The Puppy
Wizard's FREE WWW Wits' End Dog Training
Method Forum.

The Puppy Wizard. <} ; ~ ) >

Jan
2003-10-25 12:00:59 EST
Hi Puppywizard.
What do you mean by " DID YOU DO THE EXERCISES AS INSTRUCTED"? That you have
to hit your dog, use spike collars, shout at him and litteraly treat him
like a dog? (because thats what you have told me in the lats post you wrote
to me...)
I think IF you treat dogs in that way, man....
What do you suggest? every time the dog bark, pull the leash as hard as you
can? So the beagle flies up in the air? I'm sure you feel cool about
yourself when you dominate the dog, ain't you? When you have execcif
aggresivity, than do something where you dont hurt a poor dog, ever thought
about SM? You can have your hitting, pulling and shouting there! Or I have a
better idea, HIT YOURSELF!!!
Maybe then you will feel your small brain, and realise that dogs feel the
same pain. Ask your wife to put a spiked collar on you, and pull the leash.
Man, That feels good!

One last thing i have got to say to you:
Go see a schrink!

Jan

The Puppy Wizard
2003-10-25 21:14:40 EST
HOWEDY Jan,

"Jan" <jan_steckel@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Hi Puppywizard.
> What do you mean by " DID YOU DO THE EXERCISES AS
> INSTRUCTED"?

The instructions in your FREE copy of The Puppy
Wizard's FREE WWW Wits' End Dog Training
Method Manual.

> That you have to hit your dog, use spike collars,
> shout at him and litteraly treat him like a dog?

That's what HOWER dog lovers here abHOWETS
PREFER to do their dogs.

> (because thats what you have told me in the lats post you wrote
to me...)

Perhaps you misread it. That was HOWER DOG LOVER'S
methods The Puppy Wizard QUOTED. HOWER DOG LOVERS
DENY their own words even knowin they're archived FOREVER
in The Puppy Wizard's Archives.

> I think IF you treat dogs in that way, man....

INDEEDY. That's HOWE COME HOWER DOG LOVERS
LIE ABHOWET WHAT THEY DO TO DOGS.

> What do you suggest?

The Puppy Wizard intends to get LAWS with TEETH
in them passed to protect HOWER dogs and children
from ABUSERS like we got right here callin The Puppy
Wizard a LIAR and HIS 100% NEARLY INSTANTLY
SUCCESSFUL FREE WWW Wits' End Dog Training
Method Manual Student's reports FORGERIES by The
Puppy Wizard.

> every time the dog bark, pull the leash as hard as you can?

Yeah. Only a MENTAL CASE would do THAT:

lyinglynn writes to a new foster care giver:
For barking in the crate - leave the leash on and
pass it through the crate door. Attach a line to it.
When he barks, use the line for a correction.

- if necessary, go to a citronella bark collar.

Lynn K.

> ================
>
>>lynn kosmakos (Lithium, Zoloft, bipolar, manic,
>> depression) will "put down a biter
>> as fast as anyone" yet claims to
>> be a saintly dog rescuer

SEE? Told ya so.

> So the beagle flies up in the air? I'm sure you feel cool about
> yourself when you dominate the dog, ain't you?

Killin them is an even MOORE meaningful experience:

>>Lynn K. wrote:
>>
>>"I used to work the Kill Room as a volunteer in
>>one shelter.) But their ability to set their own
>>schedules and duties causes a great deal of
>>scheduling overhead.
>>
>>And it takes effort and thought to ensure that
>>volunteers get the meaningful experience that
>>they work for.
>>
>>Someone has to be responsible for that
>>Volunteer Program, and it is best done
>>by a non-volunteer."
>>
>>Lynn K.
>>---------------------------------

UNDERSTAND NHOWE?

> When you have execcif aggresivity, than do something
> where you dont hurt a poor dog, ever thought about SM?

Oh? You must mean lyinglynn's PARTNER in RESCUE,
sindy sadist mooreon, author of HOWER faq's pages
on k-9 web:

"Many People Have Problems Getting The Pinch
Right, Either They Do Not Pinch Enough, Or They
Have A Very Stoic Dog. Some Dogs Will Collapse
Into A Heap. About The Ear Pinch: You Must Keep
The Pressure Up," sindy "don't let the dog SCREAM"
mooreon, author of HOWER FAQ's pages on k9 web.

You think HURTING a HUNTING DOG to
MAKE IT HUNT is NECESSARY???

That's where we get HOWER INFORMATION abHOWET
dogs, from her and her pal Master Of Deception blankman.

> You can have your hitting, pulling and shouting there!

Can we beat HOWER submissive in the face with
a shepherd's crook as Master Of Deception blankman
an melanie chang do?:

"Well, Jack Did Hit My Dog. Actually I'd Call It
A Sharp Tap Of The Crook To The Nose. I Know
Jack Wouldn't HaveDone It If He Thought Solo
Couldn't Take It. I Still Crate Him Because
Otherwise I Fear He Might Eat My Cat," melanie.

You think allowing a "FEAR AGGRESSIVE MAN
SHY" dog to be BEATEN by a strange male trainer
is INTELLIGENT BEHAVIOR for a DOG LOVER?

> Or I have a better idea, HIT YOURSELF!!!

The Puppy Wizard has instructed several methods
of doin the only honourable thing left under the
circumstances of being caught abusin dogs and
lying abHOWET it, but everyWON is AFRAD of
that and think it could push some of HOWER dog
lovers over the goddamned edge. Like they do
their dogs.

> Maybe then you will feel your small brain, and realise
> that dogs feel the same pain.

INDEEDY. UCLA just came HOWET with a story abHOWET
HOWE the brain registers both emotional and physical pain
and have fHOWEND verbal abuse to be MOORE disruptive.

> Ask your wife to put a spiked collar on you,

That would likely cause an early termination of the event.

> and pull the leash.

That might be fun, after all.

> Man, That feels good!

O.K., The Puppy Wizard will try it.

Subject: Re: BARK! ZAP! SCREAM...ZAP...
SCREAM...ZAP...SCREAM...ZAP...SCREAM...
ZAP...SCREAM...ZAP...SCREAM

Date: 2002-08-30 04:24:13 PST

"Susan Fraser" <chinchuba@aol.comdog> wrote in message

> >Did you try it on your throat? Not very pleasant.
>
> Umm, yes. As a matter of fact, I did. It the sensation is
> actually much milder than it is on the palm, which has
> sweat glands and so conducts more.

You're full of crap.

"JC" <JC@nowhere.org> wrote in message

> A friend of mine told this story about his experience with a
> shock-collar:
>
> Jim's sister-in-law had a shock collar she wanted to use on her
> dog stop it from barking. Not being very technical, she brought
it
> over for Jim to assemble and adjust. Jim got it all put together
and
> decided to try it on himself to see which setting would be most
> appropriate.
>
> With the collar around his neck, set on minimum, Jim tried a
little
> bark... woof.
>
> Nothing.... Woof Woof. Nothing.... Bark. Nothing.... Bark Bark.
> Nothing... BARK! ZAP! The collar worked! Unfortunately, the
> zap was painful enough to make Jim scream with pain, which
> the collar interpreted as another bark, which lead to another
ZAP!

> Which made Jim scream again... ZAP...SCREAM...ZAP...SCREAM...
>
> Eventually, Jim got the collar off but it never survived the
> chance to end up on the dog.
>
> (Names have been changed to protect the stupid) : )

"If You Talk With The Animals, They Will Talk
With You And You Will Know Each Other. If
You Do Not Talk To Them, You Will Not Know
Them, And What You Do Not Know You Will Fear.

What One Fears, One Destroys," Chief Dan George,
adapted with permission from his FREE copy of The
Puppy Wizard's FREE Wits' End Dog Training Method
Manual.

"It is by muteness that a dog becomes so utterly beyond value."

Like a confessor Priest? Don't bet your dog won't tell on you...

"With him, words play no torturing tricks.........., " John
Galsworthy.

Their behaviors reflect our words, actions and training quirks.
Jerry HOWE, The Puppy Wizard. <} ; ~ ) >

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress
can be judged by the way its animals are treated."
~ Mohandas Gandhi -- Adapted with permission from
his FREE copy of The Puppy Wizard's FREE Wits'
End Dog Training Method manual. <} ; ~ ) >

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed.
Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as
being self-evident. -Arthur Schopenhauer-

> One last thing i have got to say to you:
> Go see a schrink!

You're right. These dog abusers can't be trained
educated rehabiltated to not HURT dogs or
embarrassed enough to make them get the heel
HOWETA here.

That's HOWE COME The Puppy Wizard is fixin
to push them over the edge like HOWE they do
their own dogs...

> Jan

Here's The Puppy Wizard's first post to you:

From: The Puppy Wizard (ThePuppyWizard@earthlink.net)
Subject: Re: anyone familiar with Martin Gaus and symbiose method
Date: 2003-08-15 22:38:04 PST

HOWEDY Jan,

> Hi everyone
>
> I was wondering if anyone was familiar with the obedeance theory
of Martin
> gaus (what I think is the most filthy way of training dogs.)

The Puppy Wizard isn't familiar with martin gaus, but HE will
accept your word for what martin stands for.

> I want to convice people to train their dogs in an other way,

You won't have no LUCK here abHOWETS, we PREFER to
HURT dogs as martin gaus does.

> the symbiosis method (no punishing, no yelling at your dog,
> no hitting, only food and love and attention)

Ooops! You was doin real good, up till the bribery...Bribery
is a lowly way to live. It teaches greed and usurps the trainer's
authority and distracts the dog from the context of the lesson.

> Martin gaus is a dutchmen who has invented the way of training
> dogs in the oldfashion way.

DHOWETFUL, that. The OLD way people COULDN'T hurt
their dogs cause they'd run HOWETA their cave an find a
new family to camp HOWET with.

> He has written books about it. He used collars who
> sufficated the animal (almost).

Here abHOWETS we PREFER the pronged spiked pinch
choke collar, that only LOOKS like a midevil torture device,
as it doesn't choke, it gently pinches, and doesn't choke,
it's a limited slip, and the SPIKES are really pronges that
don't penetrate the skin, and it's not intended to HURT
the dog, it's SELF CORRECTING.

ASK ANYWON.

> The people who use this method are often those people who
> buy dogs to work off their frustrations on them (because,
> what is more fun that hurting a dog, and shouting at him...) -

INDEED.

> Ironic!

You've been reading HOWER forums, haven't you.

> The dogs will listen when they are on the leash, but once their
off the
> leash you will see people running after their dogs, shouting,
and the dogs,
> who are faster will run away.

HOWER DOG LOVERS will admit there's no such thing as
a 100% reliable come command, despite that's the FIRST
CRITTERIA of The Puppy Wizard's FREE WWW Wits' End
Dog Training Method Manual.

> And if one of those bastards wants to punish their dogs (by
> lifting them up, and start to shake them they WILL get bitten.

You mean, the SCRUFF SHAKE, as taught by HOWER good
professor lying doc "SCRUFF SHAKE and SCREAM "NO!" into
ITS face for 5 seconds and lock IT in a box for ten minutes
reflection" dermer of the ANAL-ytic behaviorISM department
at University of Michigan teaches us to do to HOWER dogs?

> And then there is a big problem, because a dog who sees his
master
> really as the alpha leader will never bite him.

Till IT gets the CHANCE... when the alphalpha shows WEAKNESS.

> but when it happens that means that the dog has (almost) the
> same position then the master, and the dog is a real problem.

INDEEDY. That's HOWE COME HOWER DOG LOVERS KILL
THEIR BEST DOGS.

> The other way (the way i use, i dont even consider to use the
> scream/strangle/hit method)

Of curse not! But that's what's PREFERRED HERE:

"Many People Have Problems Getting The Pinch
Right, Either They Do Not Pinch Enough, Or They
Have A Very Stoic Dog. Some Dogs Will Collapse
Into A Heap. About The Ear Pinch: You Must Keep
The Pressure Up," sindy "don't let the dog SCREAM"
mooreon, author of HOWER FAQ's pages on k9 web.

You think HURTING a HUNTING DOG to
MAKE IT HUNT is NECESSARY???

"Well, Jack Did Hit My Dog. Actually I'd Call It
A Sharp Tap Of The Crook To The Nose. I Know
Jack Wouldn't HaveDone It If He Thought Solo
Couldn't Take It. I Still Crate Him Because
Otherwise I Fear He Might Eat My Cat," melanie.

You think allowing a "FEAR AGGRESSIVE MAN
SHY" dog to be BEATEN by a strange male trainer
is INTELLIGENT BEHAVIOR for a DOG LOVER?

"Warning: Sometimes The Corrections Will Seem
Quite Harsh And Cause You To Cringe. This Is A
Normal Reaction The First Few Times It Happens,
But You'll Get Over It."mike duforth, author:
"Courteous Canine."

You think HURTIN dogs and CRINGING
is COURTEOUS?

"I have heard advice stating that you should pre-load
your dog for Bitter Apple for it to work as efficiently
as possible. What does this mean?"

Means the author is a dog abuser of the worst magnitude.

"When you bring home the Bitter Apple for the first time,
spray one squirt directly into the dog's mouth and walk away.
The dog won't be too thrilled with this but just ignore him and
continue your normal behavior."

You think HURTING your dog is NORMAL BEHAVIOR?

--Mike Dufort
author of the zero selling book
"Courteous Canines"

You think HOWER pal mikey is playin with a full deck?

Yeah. When I preload my dog's mouth with bitter apple,
suppose I don't get used to being stupid and cruel, mikey?

Then HOWE do I train my dog if I can't HURT it?

"I Dropped The Leash, Threw My Right Arm Over The Lab's
Shoulder, Grabbed Her Opposite Foot With My Left Hand,
Rolled Her On Her Side, Leaned On Her, Smartly Growled
Into Her Throat And Said "GRRRR!" And Neatly Nipped Her
Ear," sionnach.

Oh, THANKS, sinofabitch...

See what we're up against, here abHOWETS, Jan?

> is by making the dog do the tricks for food,

That's bribery. Withholding treats increases anxiety
and can cause anxiety related health and temperament
disorders.

> and later for the attention of the trainer (i dont use the
> word master here, because it sounds so angry to me).

HOWER DOG LOVERS like the feeling of POWER when
they HURT their dogs and IT subordinates ITSELF to their
gawd like authority... to compensate for their fragile defective
ego's, inferiority complexes, and fearful, weak, selfish, minds.

> The ONLY good way to "punish" the dog is by ignoring him/her.

No Jan, there ain't no appupriate way to punish a DUMB
ANIMAL or child.

> Just turn your head away,

You mean, ignore and reject him.

> and, if done properly, the dog will begin to "janken" (thats
> a dutch word, it means when the dog makes those crying
> sounds, how do you say that?).

Pleading? Whining? Begging? That's not a favorable state
of mind, is it, Jan? HOWE would you like it if the WON you
loved most, turn his back on you and rejected your efforts
at bonding?

> The way of thinking here is: how more crazy

Oh. You mean EXCITED. Yes, there is a degree of
excitement which is desirable. But not through the
use of witholding treats or affection, cause that'll
cause MISTRUST and ANXIETY, not an excited
state of cooperation and teamwork.

> you can get your dog, the better he will do things.

Yes. It's called DRIVE, by many trainers here.

> It is the better method, because its fun for you, and for your
dog.

INDEED. But not through the use of bribes and withholding
"rewards."

> I dont have a dog myself

Perhaps you will soon.

> (my brother is allergic, and my father hates them... but he wont
hurt
> them ofcourse) But my neighbours have. And i train it. When i
come in, the
> dog will litteraly flip. He goes crazy of happiness.

Of course! Dogs LOVE positive attention, just as kids do.

> That makes me happy also.

LikeWIZE.

> But if you use the other method, the dog will be scared to see
you,
> and dont like the walking.

The dogs often show excitement, which HOWER DOG ABUSERS
often mistake for DRIVE, cause the dog is BEGGING NOT TO BE
HURT someMOORE.

> It is also logicaly that the symbo method is better.

INDEEDY. The Puppy Wizard thinks you meant "ILLOGICALLY?"

Just learn to do so withHOWET relying on fear force
intimidation bribery and withholding affection, and
you'll be 100% EFFECTIVE.

> Imaging:
> a) Your mother comes in and says in a happy way: Hi jan,
> would you please do the vacuum cleaning today, we'll eat
> spare ribs tonight if you do (my favorite ;) ).

Mumzie shouldn't NEED to BRIBE you to help her HOWET.
You should decide to do so IN ADVANCE, so Mumzie will
BE HAPPY and will OFFER you your special treats because
SHE WANTS TO, not cause you've DONE something she's
had to ASK you to do, for you to EARN IT.

That's simbiosis.

In fact, The Puppy Wizard was just writing abHOWET simbiosis
today. I'll find it and post it here for you to enjoy!

> or b) Your mother is grumpy, she comes in and yells:
> YOU DO THE VACUUM CLEANING TODAY!

Mumzie would benefit by studying her FREE copy of
The Puppy Wizard's FREE WWW Wits' End Dog Training
Method Manual. It'll teach her to get what she wants
withHOWET relying on fear force intimidation confrontation
bribery and withholding.

> What would you do?

The Puppy Wizard would go to bed withHOWET NO dinner
and be HAPPY that HE didn't have to cave in to extortion.

> if situation a) occurs, you will do it with pleasure,

AS IT SHOULD BE, TO ACHIVE THE PACK / FAMILY GOALS.

> because she asked nice.

Even better, BEFORE she asks. That's HOWE dogs think.
They DO things cause THAT'S JUST HOWE IT WORKS BEST
for the family pack.

> But if situation b) occurs, you will be also grumpy and hate to
do it.

That's HOWE COME dogs and children run HOWET on their HOWESES.

> im not saying you have to ask your dog to sit,

The Puppy Wizad sez you must ASK. NEVER DEMAND,
cause that will trigger OPPOSITION.

> it is still a command,

The intelligent dog will likeWIZE, choose to go to bed with no
dinner
and PUT YOU HOWET of his life.

> but the way of "commanding" and learning the command is the key.

INDEED.

> A dog doesnt understand a question,

Perhaps dogs DO understand MUCH MOORE than we'd think.

> but he will do it for you when you train in the symbo method,

INDEEDY.

> and he will do it because he is afraid of you,

ONLY SO LONG AS HE CAN BE INTIMIDATED AND FORCED.

> doesnt want to get hit,...

So he'll stand HOWET of range...

> when you train in the first way (martin asshole gaus).

Tsk, tsk, musn't cuss...

> This is my oppinion ofcourse, if anyone doesnt agree, feel free
to react.

NOWON will respond to your post, Jan, EXXXCEPT The Puppy
Wizard, cause HURTING and FORCING and INTIMIDATING
and LOCKING DOGS IN BOXES and calling THAT, training,
is all HOWER DOG LOVERS WANT TO KNOW HOWE TO DO.

IT MAKES THEM FEEL POWERFUL and IN CONTROL.

> Jan

The Puppy Wizard. <} ; ~ ) >

> PS. sorry for my sloppy english, im belgian :),

P.S. Pardon The Puppy Wizard's LHOWESY SPELLin, HE'S
just a uneducated backyard shade tree shit kicking dog trainer.

> but i try

The Puppy Wizard tries hard to train dogs, not SPELL.
SPELLS come EZ to The Puppy Wizard.

HOWEDY People,

The Puppy Wizard has been teaching abHOWET
the nature of stress and it's relationship to behavior
problems and DIS-EASE for many years, but only
for five years to the Whole Wild World, thanks to
the INFORMATION SUPER HIGHWAY, courteHOWESY
of Al Gore.

THANKS, AL!

The recent research at Purdue and UofOH verifying
The Puppy Wizard's HOWEtrageHOWES claims,
leaves the CRUMBS fall where they lay.

The Puppy Wizard is not interested in your COMPLAINTS,
only in your REHABILITATION... That's gonna happen WON
way, or the other... EITHER through EDUCATION or through CRIMINAL
PROSECUTION or TREATMENT as A MENTAL
ILLNESS, like any other ADDICTION.

HOWER DOG LOVERS and PARENTS are ADDICTED
TO PUNISHMENT, cause THAT SATISFIES your fragile
defective ego's and compensates for your inferiority
complexes and weak, selfish, fearful, minds.

You gather here and wring hands as you WATCH
YOUR DOGS KATS and KIDS DYING ON YOU,
and CONTINUE to SHOCK CHOKE CONFINE
PUNISH and KILL your best dogs and kats and do
likeWIZE to your children.

The DOG RESEARCH points to the SAME SAME
SAME SAME conditions under which J.Q. Pubic
raises HOWER kids, and reap the same same
same same, conclusions.

YOU'RE KILLIN YOUR OWN.

You can CHANGE this miserable state of affairs, or
you can go DHOWEN with the ship, and be CANNONIZED
as the Saint's Of DISTRESS, DIS-EASE, and DEATH,
in The Puppy Wizard's Archives, along with ed w of PET
LOSS dot CON and professor SCRUFF SHAKE of the
department of ANAL-ytic behaviorISM at UofWI and his
ilk, for the next generations to study and learn abHOWET.

The choice is entirely yours, PET LOVERS and PARENTS.

The Puppy Wizard. <} ; ~ ) >

The Puppy Wizard
2003-10-25 21:32:59 EST
HOWEDY Jan,

"Jan" <jan_steckel@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Hi Puppywizard.

That's 'Hi The Puppy Wizard."

> What do you mean by " DID YOU DO THE EXERCISES AS
> INSTRUCTED"?

All the information you need to know abHOWET training
your dog for any behavior or field or utility is taught in
your FREE copy of The Puppy Wizard's FREE WWW
Wits' End Dog Training Method Manual, the FASTEST
GENTLEST EZIEST MOST COMPREHENSIVE MOST
EFFECTIVE Method of training all animals including children
in the Whole Wild World.

> That you have to hit your dog, use spike collars, shout at
> him and litteraly treat him like a dog?

Oh. That's the alphalpha / koehler method preferred by
HOWER dog lovers right here abHOWETS, like professor
lyin doc "SCRUFF SHAKE and SCREAM 'NO!' into ITS
face for 5 seconds and lock IT in a box for ten minutes
reflection" dermer of the ANAL-ytic behaviorISM department
at UofWI.

Ask him HOWE he'd reconcile THAT, with allelomimetic
behavior and the kids crawlin all over IT on the livin room
floor... HE CAN'T. That's HOWE COME he won't DISS-
CUSS behaviorISM with The Puppy Wizard.

> (because thats what you have told me in the lats post
> you wrote to me...)

Perhaps you're referring to HOWER DOG LOVERS
quoted by The Puppy Wizard?:

"Warning: Sometimes The Corrections Will Seem
Quite Harsh And Cause You To Cringe. This Is A
Normal Reaction The First Few Times It Happens,
But You'll Get Over It."mike duforth, author:
"Courteous Canine."

You think HURTIN dogs and CRINGING
is COURTEOUS?

"I have heard advice stating that you should pre-load
your dog for Bitter Apple for it to work as efficiently
as possible. What does this mean?"

Means the author is a dog abuser of the worst magnitude.

"When you bring home the Bitter Apple for the first time, spray
one squirt directly into the dog's mouth and walk away. The dog
won't be too thrilled with this but just ignore him and continue
your
normal behavior."

You think HURTING your dog is NORMAL BEHAVIOR?

--Mike Dufort
author of the zero selling book
"Courteous Canines"

You think HOWER pal mikey is playin with a full deck?

Yeah. When I preload my dog's mouth with bitter apple,
suppose I don't get used to being stupid and cruel, mikey?

Then HOWE do I train my dog if I can't HURT it?

"I Dropped The Leash, Threw My Right Arm Over The
Lab's Shoulder, Grabbed Her Opposite Foot With My
Left Hand, Rolled Her On Her Side, Leaned On Her,
Smartly Growled Into Her Throat And Said "GRRRR!"
And Neatly Nipped Her Ear," sionnach.

Oh, THANKS, sinofabitch...

> I think IF you treat dogs in that way, man....

AnyWON who'd do THAT is CRIMINALLY INSANE.

Or a SADIST.

And they don't have the INTELLECT to HOWEtwit the
cunning of the domestic puppy dog or they wouldn't NEED
to HURT IT. Would they. Unless they was sadists, of curse.

> What do you suggest?

Solitary confinement in a secure mental health facility
and therapy till they're safe to rejoin society in a closely
supervised environment.

> every time the dog bark, pull the leash as hard as you can?

Or shock or spray BINACA in their eyes.

> So the beagle flies up in the air?

Like THIS?:

"I Felt A Bit Like A Traitor Guy Giggled At Her "Skinny Little
Neck" While Fastening On The Ecollar Moon Let Out A Yippy Little
Gargle And FLEW Straight Up In The Air Her Tail Was Above My
Head."
This is the only article in this thread
Newsgroups: rec.pets.dogs.behavior, alt.animals.dog,
talk.politics.animals, rec.pets.dogs.misc,
alt.support.grief.pet-loss, rec.pets.dogs.rescue
Date: 2003-06-22 17:24:29 PST

"Lynn K." <javagsd@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Katra commented in a post yesterday that she
> doesn't take Usenet hyperbole seriously.

Here's webbweave's account of shocking her Moon Pie:

"I Felt A Bit Like A Traitor Guy Giggled At Her "Skinny Little
Neck" While Fastening On The Ecollar Moon Let Out A
Yippy Little Gargle And FLEW Straight Up In The Air Her
Tail Was Above My Head."

> When the second dog yiped, Moon *knew* there was
> Something UpThere that wasn't Good For Dogs.

But you didn't, huh?

> Not that she much cared -- she wasn't up there, and there was
> lot going on for her to watch.

I'll bet you were getting off in anticipation, weren't you?

> I had her on a choke chain because she backs out of her buckle
> collar with the tags on it.

Can't imagine that you know anything about training. No wonder
your dogs back out of their collars, you are using too much
muscle,
and absolutely no brains... You are doing everything wrong, and
you
are teaching others to do likewise. That's piss poor.

> Guy giggled at her ("skinny little neck") while fastening on the
> ecollar.

I wish I could have participated in the revelry. I'd like to try
some skinny little necks on for size...

> Attached a rope to her (tightened) buckle collar and sent us off
> up the hill. "Just hold the rope up over her back (stiff
> lariat-type rope) and let her sniff around and go where she
wants."

Is NYC too far for her to want to go from you punks?

> There was a lane mowed in the long grass, and we set of f up the
> hill. Moon was sniffing around, wandered into the long grass,
and
> I was told to (well, nicely) get on with it. So, back in the
mowed
> bit. Guided her around downbreeze of the snake, who was coiled
> up looking bored. Moon scented the snake, and began to move
> away.

And you missed the opportunity to BURN her, what a shame. What
happened next?

> This was *obviously* not a friendly animal. Big dark grey
> rattler -- Moon thought it wasn't of much interest. After one
nose-
> wave, she was more interested in other smells. She wasn't going
> approach on her own.

The dogs got more brains than you, what's the problem, are you
jealous???

> The guy said all she had to do was look at it. Eventually, she
> did -- *ZAP!*

Bet you got off, huh?

> Moon let out a yippy little gargle and FLEW. Straight up in the
> air -- her tail was above my head.

Yeah, that's the best part, isn't it? Gets your cookies off!

> The guy said "Jeee-zus." When Moon hit the ground, she
> stuffed her head between my legs.

Poor dog, she doesn't understand that you are her tormentor, does
she? Maybe she does, she'd have to, but just like abused children,
they still love their abusive parents. At least till somebody
smartens them up. I can't smarten up your dogs, but I can smarten
up the people that read here, and you are looking pitiful.

> I'm sure you feel cool about yourself when you dominate the
> dog, ain't you?

The Puppy Wizard teaches people all over the Whole Wild
World HOWE to rehabilitate behavior and temperament
problems and train dogs to 100% NEAR INSTANT SUCCESS
for FREE, withHOWET HURTIN or bribing or forcing them.

> When you have execcif aggresivity,

Ahhh, The Puppy Wizard IS aggressive against PURE EVIL.

> than do something where you dont hurt a poor dog,

That's HOWE COME The Puppy Wizard is fixin to
drop the hammer on the entire goddamned industry.

> ever thought about SM?

Perhaps that's HOWE COME The Puppy Wizard is HERE abHOWETS?

> You can have your hitting, pulling and shouting there!

The Puppy Wizard will be takin it to the media... and the courts.

> Or I have a better idea, HIT YOURSELF!!!

Perhaps that could be entertraining.

> Maybe then you will feel your small brain, and realise
> that dogs feel the same pain.

INDEEDY. The Puppy Wizard would NEVER treat a
dog as HOWER dog lovers do.

> Ask your wife to put a spiked collar on you,
> and pull the leash. Man, That feels good!

The Puppy Wizard will kill for peace.

> One last thing i have got to say to you:
> Go see a schrink!

The Puppy Wizard has a couple as HIS FREE WWW
Wits' End Dog Training Method Manual Students.

> Jan

HOWEDY me and bobby mcgee,

"me and bobby mcgee" <meandmyshadow@fishing.net> wrote in message

> > The next time the German Shepherd has our Cocker Spaniel
> > in her fangs, I will gently and lovingly ask her to let please
let
> > her go and not do that again.

That'd be O.K. if you don't follow the INSTRUCTIONS so
that DON'T HAPPEN again. You can break aggression
NEARLY INSTANTLY if you know HOWE.

> Next time you get a German Shepherd, don't hit her, and
> she won't think it's acceptable to have a Cocker Spaniel
> in her fangs.

Probably so... It's called allelomimetic behavior.
We'll be doin a lesson on that here abHOWETS,
right abHOWET NHOWE.

> If you have to "correct" a dog,

You mean, punish intimidate or hurt a dog.

> do it the way dogs correct one another-

To teach IT allelomimetic behavior?

> with a prong collar.

Do dogs naturally jerk and choke each other
on pronged spiked pinch choke collars, me
and bobby mgee?

> This simulates a bite to the neck,

As you're trying to teach the dog NOT to do,
me and bobby mgee?

> which is how dogs set boundaries of acceptable
> behavior with one another.

That so? Perhaps in your HOWES that's HOWE you live...
perhaps that's on accHOWENT of you jerk and choke them
on pronged spiked pinch choke collars?

> Puppies who are properly socialized with other dogs

And jerked and choked on pronged spiked pinch choke collars?

> learn very quickly what is and is not approriate
> by the corrective nips and bites they give one
> another during play,

That so? Dogs FIGHT. THAT'S HOWE COME dogs FIGHT.

> or when mama dog nips to correct a pup.

Only ABUSIVE momma dogs snap on their puppys.

> The force with which you correct with the collar can vary
> from a gentle nip, to a stern bite.

That so? And that's to teach the puppy to be GENTLE,
according to allelomimetic behavior... right? Let's talk
abHOWET the pronged spiked pinch choke collar?
SomeWON is LYIN. It's either YOU or all the other
dog lovers like sinofabitch, Master Of Deception
blankman, janet boss, leah, liea, lying "I LOVE KOEHLER"
lynn, and the rest of HOWER Gang Of Lying Dog Abusing
Punk Thug Cowards who sez pronged spiked pinch choke
collars DON'T HURT???

WHAT'S IT GONNA BE?

It HURTS like a gentle nip or stern bite, or it's
a gentle tool that only LOOKS like a midevil
torture device?

O.K., let's move on... let's talk abHOWET HOWE
gently nippin or sternly biting the pup on the throat
will TEACH IT not to BITE other dogs, me and
bobby mgee?

Time for you to join HOWER MENTALLY ILL list, eh?

> It must be used with care, however,

RIGHT! You gotta know HOWE to HURT a dog pupperly.

> because any correction that is applied to the dog,

You mean, fear force intimidation and pain?

> if not done correctly,

You mean, according to ALLELOMIMETIC BEHAVIOR,
me and bobby mgee?

> quickly,

Right. Timing is important. Like right abHOWET NOWE.

You can't post here noMOORE on accHOWENT of
you're either a liar and a dog abuser or your a MENTAL
CASE and a dog abuser.

What's it gonna be? You gonna UPDATE you MENTALLY
ILL STATUS with Soup, or are you gonna get cut to ribbons
by talkin BEHAVIORISM with The Puppy Wizard.

The Puppy Wizard suggests you plead INSANITY like
the rest of your pals.

> and in the proper context can lead to further aggression.

Like when you're HURTIN a dog to teach IT to be NICE?

> Try a professional trainer and a prong collar.

Professional trainers who HURT dogs to train them
are incompetent FRAUDS who belong in jail or mental
institutes for the CRIMINALLY INSANE.

> Please don't hit the dog,

Right. That wouldn't be FAIR unless you know HOWE
to CHIN CHUCK IT PUPPERLY, so the dog don't
see WHO got the goddamned hands.

> you're only making it worse.

You better report to Soup an update your MENTALLY
ILL STATUS.

> You can explain a physical correction to a

Judge and jury in a criminal prosecution for animal abuse.

> child-

You maggot. You can't abuse children. We're gonna
see bastards like you thrown in jails and NUT HOWESES.

> you can't explain it to a dog,

You a victim of abuse, me and bobby mgee?
You ARE an anonymHOWES poster...

> so you must use the dog's language to communicate with him.

You mean, biting IT in the throat to teach IT to be FRIENDS???

> Smacking your child on the behind,

IS CRIMINAL ASSAULT AND BATTERY.

> and doing the same to the dog,

IS THE SAME SAME SAME SAME.

> aren't the same thing.

Well, you've passed the critteria for bein MENTAL.

> It compares to biting your child on the neck for acting
> up- you wouldn't do that, would you?

You mean, like you do to your dogs with your pronged
spiked pinch choke collar, right me and bobby mgee?

> Dogs don't relate hitting to discipline

Lucky thing CHIN CHUCK don't mean slap the dog
according to professora "chin chuck absolutely doesn't
mean SLPAP" gingold.

BWEEEAAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!

Talkin abHOWET MENTALLY ILL people???

> the same as we don't relate biting one another as such.

The Puppy Wizard PREFERS BITING... and CHOKING.
But not to animals or children.

> Each species has it's own unique way of physical correction.

That so? So much for human evolution, eh me and bobby mgee?

Can you tell the truth from a lie?

> > > Jerome Bigge writes:
> > > I do know that hitting, hurting
> > > your dog will often make the
> > > dog either aggressive or a fear
> > > biter, neither of which we want to do.

And then we got, matty! Follow his discussion!
This is what's called, a liar and dog abuser:

> > And neither does anyone else,
> > Jerome. No matter
> > what Jerry Howe states.

"Just Want To Second Jerry's Method For
Dealing With This I've Suggested It To Quite
A Few Clients Now And It's Worked 'EVERY
TIME The Very First Time' - marilyn, Trainer,
33 Years Experience.

You DO remember KILLFILING MARILYN for her coment above
regarding her success with The Puppy Wizard's Surrogate Toy
Separation Anxiety / Bed Time Calming Technique (STSA/BTCT)?

Perhaps you likeWIZE recall a pediatrician, Dr. Z, who commented
that his bed time calming technique was quite similar?

> > You're scary Marilyn.

> > Marilyn must be quite a disturbed
> > individual. I feel very sorry for her
> > and her family.

"His Amazing Progress Almost Makes Me Cry.
Your Method Takes Positive Training To The
Next Level And Should Really Be Used By All
Trainers Who Call Themselves Trainers. Thank
You For Helping Me Save His Life," Kay Pierce,
Professional Trainer, 30 Years Experience.

> > BUT, giving you the benefit of the
> > doubt, please provide a quote (an
> > original quote, not from one of Jerry
> > Howe's heavily edited diatribes) that
> > shows a regular poster promoting or
> > using an abusive form of training.

BWWWWEAAAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!

> > --Matt. Rocky's a Dog.

"Many People Have Problems Getting The Pinch
Right, Either They Do Not Pinch Enough, Or They
Have A Very Stoic Dog. Some Dogs Will Collapse
Into A Heap. About The Ear Pinch: You Must Keep
The Pressure Up," sindy "don't let the dog SCREAM"
mooreon, author of HOWER FAQ's pages on k9 web.

You think HURTING a HUNTING DOG to
MAKE IT HUNT is NECESSARY???

"Well, Jack Did Hit My Dog. Actually I'd Call It
A Sharp Tap Of The Crook To The Nose. I Know
Jack Wouldn't HaveDone It If He Thought Solo
Couldn't Take It. I Still Crate Him Because
Otherwise I Fear He Might Eat My Cat," melanie.

You think allowing a "FEAR AGGRESSIVE MAN
SHY" dog to be BEATEN by a strange male trainer
is INTELLIGENT BEHAVIOR for a DOG LOVER?

"Warning: Sometimes The Corrections Will Seem
Quite Harsh And Cause You To Cringe. This Is A
Normal Reaction The First Few Times It Happens,
But You'll Get Over It."mike duforth, author:
"Courteous Canine."

You think HURTIN dogs and CRINGING
is COURTEOUS?

"I have heard advice stating that you should pre-load
your dog for Bitter Apple for it to work as efficiently
as possible. What does this mean?"

Means the author is a dog abuser of the worst magnitude.

"When you bring home the Bitter Apple for the first time, spray
one squirt
directly into the dog's mouth and walk away. The dog won't be too
thrilled
with this but just ignore him and continue your normal behavior."

You think HURTING your dog is NORMAL BEHAVIOR?

--Mike Dufort
author of the zero selling book
"Courteous Canines"

You think HOWER pal mikey is playin with a full deck?

Yeah. When I preload my dog's mouth with bitter apple,
suppose I don't get used to being stupid and cruel, mikey?

Then HOWE do I train my dog if I can't HURT it?

"I Dropped The Leash, Threw My Right Arm Over The Lab's Shoulder,
Grabbed
Her Opposite Foot With My Left Hand, Rolled Her On Her Side,
Leaned On Her,
Smartly Growled Into Her Throat And Said "GRRRR!" And Neatly
Nipped Her
Ear," sionnach.

Oh, THANKS, sinofabitch...

And from terri willis, Psychoclown wrote:
"Nope. That "beating dogs with sticks" things is
something you twisted out of context,
because you are full of bizarro manure."

"Get A 30"- 40" Stick.You can have a
helper wield the stick, or do it yourself.
Tougher, less tractable dogs may require
you to progress to striking them more
sharply," lying frosty dahl, ethical breeder,
expert trainer.

You think a EXXXPERT trainer got to BEAT
a HUNTIN dog to MAKE IT HUNT?

"Pudge Was So Soft That She Could And
Would Avoid A Simple Swat On The Rump
With A Riding Crop," lying frosty dahl,
discoverer of CANNIBALISM in Labradors.

Perhaps the mom dog didn't want her babies HURT all
their lives like HOWE HOWER dog lovers PREFER to
HURT THEIR DOGS?

"John ran out, grabbed Blackie by the collar, and
gave the dog two or three medium whacks on the
rump with a training stick while holding him partially
off the ground. John then told Blackie to sit, ran back
to the line and cast him back to the dummies."

The Puppy Wizard sez a mom dog eatin her babies
to SAVE THEM from a fate like that, is COMMENDABLE.

We're gonna teach folks THAT AIN'T NORMAL...

terri willis, Psychoclown wrote:
"Nope. That "beating dogs with sticks"
things is something you twisted out of
context, because you are full of bizarro
manure."

Sez on our FAQ'S pages at K9 Web you should knee the dog in the
chest, step
on its toes, throw him down by his ears and climb all over it like
a raped
ape growling into his throat and bite IT on his ears, or leash pop
it on a
pronged spiked pinch choke collar or pop him in the snout with the
heel of
your palm.

:

"Rocky" <2dogs@rocky-dog.com> wrote in message

> Linda wrote in rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

> > When you compare using sound and
> > praise to solve a problem with using
> > shock collars, hanging, and punishment
> > how can you criticize the use of sound?

> There's nothing more to be said, then.
> You've made up your mind.

> But you've impressed me by mentioning
> that you're a professor with 30 years of
> experience.

> So, can you cite some examples of
> people recommending "shock collars,
> hanging, and punishment"?

BWWWAWHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!

> --
> --Matt. Rocky's a Dog.

You think matty's playin with a full
goddamned deck?

matty's NOT a liar and dog abuser.

Isn't that true, Marilyn?

Of course not, but THIS IS:

"Chin CHUCK absolutely doesn't mean slap,"
professora gingold.

"Marshall Dermer" <dermer@alpha1.csd.uwm.edu> wrote in message

> >Di,

> I don't believe you mentioned a particular
> kind of training. If you are interested in
> training retrieval behavior than do
> consider our own Amy Dahl's:

> The 10-Minute Retriever : How to Make a
> Well-Mannered, Obedient and
> Enthusiastic Gun Dog in 10 Minutes a
> Day by John I. Dahl, Amy Dahl

You failed to mention your pals the dahls are
proven liars and dog abusers, professor "SCRUFF SHAKE:"

"I Would Never Advise Anyone To Slap A
Dog I Do Not Believe There Is A Single
Circumstance Ever, Where Slapping A
Dog Is Anything But Destructive,"

LUCKY thing CHIN CHUCK absolutely don't
mean slap the goddamned dog, we'd look like
a conspiracy of LIARS and DOG abusers if
CHIN CHUCK DID mean SLAP the dog.

"I don't see why anyone would want to choke or
beat a dog, or how any trainer could possibly get
a good working dog by making them unhapper,
fearful, cowering, etc." sez amy lying frosty dahl.

DOES THAT SOUND LIKE THE TRUTH?

> just $17.95 at Amazon.com.

> (Also, it is best to killfile posts from the
> few regulars here who are either ill-
> tempered, ill-mannered, or just plain ill.)
> --Marshall

Or HOWE about HOWER just plain CRUEL
STUPID and ABUSIVE DOG ABUSERS,
professor SCRUFF SHAKE?

amy lying frosty dahl continues:

"On the other extreme, the really hard dogs
we have trained require much more
frequent and heavy application of pressure
(PAIN j.h.) to get the job done,

This is continued resistance to your
increasing authority, and the job is
not done until it is overcome

Get A 30"- 40" Stick.You can have a helper
wield the stick, or do it yourself. Tougher,
less tractable dogs may require you to
progress to striking them more sharply"

BUT NOBODY DOES THAT HERE...

"Try pinching the ear between the metal
casing and the collar, even the buckle on
the collar. Persist! Eventually, the dog will
give in but will squeal, thrash around, and
direct their efforts to escaping the ear pinch"

OR ATTACKING HIS ABUSER.

"You can press the dog's ear with a
shotshell instead of your thumb even
get a studded collar and pinch the ear
against that Make the dog's need to stop
the pinching so urgent that resisting your
will fades in importance.

CHUCK IT Under ITS Chin With That Ever
Ready Right Hand, As it catches on, try
using the stick and no ear pinch.

When the dog is digging out to beat the
stick and seems totally reliable without
any ear pinch, you are finished

This is continued resistance to your
increasing authority, and the job is
not done until it is overcome"

If the dog drops it, chuck it solidly
under the chin, say "No! Hold!"

(stay on the ear until it does) (perhaps
because the ear is getting tender, or the
dog has decided it isn't worth it)" lying
frosty dahl.

"Chin cuff absolutely does not mean slap,"
professora gingold.

From: Marshall Dermer (dermer@alpha1.csd.uwm.edu)
In article <38CC0C43.94E2DDD1@earthlink.net>
r*z@earthlink.net writes:

>> -snip headers etc.

>> Yes. you're right, I really should find
>> the book.. they don't have these books
>> in the local pet stores I frequent, where
>> do you find Koehler?

> I got a nice large print copy from
> Amazon.com

>Richard

Please try Powell's Books in Portland
Oregon. Their URL is:

http://www.powells.com/

Unlike Amazon.com, Powell's keeps both
new and used books on its shelves. You
can order books via e-email.

Koehler Method Of Dog
Training
by Koehler, W R
Published by HOWELL BOOK
HOUSE (0876056575,

Here's some quotes and some methods right
outta your koehler book professor "SCRUFF SHAKE and scream "NO!"
into its
face for 5
seconds:"

"The Koehler Method of Dog Training (1962). New York:
Howell Book Book House(p. 52-53)."

Hanging

"First, the trainer makes certain that the collar
and leash are more than adequate for any jerk
or strain that the dog's most frantic actions could cause. Then
he starts
to work the dog deliberately and fairly to the point where the dog
makes his
grab.

Before the teeth have reached their target,
the dog, weight permitting, is jerked from
the ground.

As in coping with some of the afore-mentioned problems the dog is
suspended
in mid-air.

However, to let the biting dog recover
his footing while he still had the strength
to renew the attack would be cruelty.

The only justifiable course is to hold him
suspended until he has neither the strength
nor inclination to renew the fight.

When finally it is obvious that he is
physically incapable of expressing his
resentment and is lowered to the ground,
he will probably stagger loop-legged for a
few steps, vomit once or twice, and roll
over on his side.

The sight of a dog lying, thick-tongued,
on his side, is not pleasant, but do not
let it alarm you

THE REAL "HOOD"

"If your dog is a real "hood" who would
regard the foregoing types of protest as
"kid stuff" and would express his
resentment of your efforts by biting,
your problem is difficult -- and pressing.

"Professional trainers often get these
extreme problems. Nearly always the
"protest biter" is the handiwork of a
person who, by avoiding situations that
the dog might resent, has nurtured the
seeds of rebellion and then cultivated
the resultant growth with under correction.

When these people reap their inevitable
and oftentimes painful harvest, they are
ready to avail themselves of "the cruel
trainer" whose advice they may have
once rejected because it was incompatible
with the sugary droolings of mealy-
mouthed columnists, breed-ring biddies,
and dog psychologists who, by the
broken skins and broken hearts their
misinformation causes, can be proven guilty
of the greatest act of cruelty to animals
since the dawn of time.

"With more genuine compassion for the
biting dog than would ever be demonstrated
by those who are "too kind" to make a
correction and certainly with more disregard
for his safety, the professional trainer
morally feels obligated to perform a "major
operation."

"Since we are presently concerned with
the dog that bites in resentment of the
demands of training, we will set our