Dog Discussion: Hunting

Hunting

Kris Osborn
2006-11-01 20:47:11 EST
Anybody in this newsgroup hunters, that can give me advice?

Picasso
2006-11-02 04:47:47 EST
Kris Osborn wrote:
> Anybody in this newsgroup hunters, that can give me advice?

What kind of advice?

Don't shoot hte black deer, and don't use a 22-250 :)

You should give some information like what in hell you're hunting, and
what you hunt with, where you live, and what else you need for advice

Kris Osborn
2006-11-02 12:06:42 EST
I just wanted to know what a good hunting dog is? everyone keeps telling me
to get a German Shorthaired Pointer, but others tell me to get a Labrador
Retriever. I Heard that the Labs are good for flushing out birds

Kosborn_91

"Picasso" <Picasso@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Kris Osborn wrote:
>> Anybody in this newsgroup hunters, that can give me advice?
>
> What kind of advice?
>
> Don't shoot hte black deer, and don't use a 22-250 :)
>
> You should give some information like what in hell you're hunting, and
> what you hunt with, where you live, and what else you need for advice

Kris Osborn
2006-11-02 12:14:10 EST
I will be hunting geese, pheasant, quail, turkey, ect. I live near Ann
Arbor, MI, so it needs to be a strong dog that can be in cold weather for
awhile. Also I will be hunting with a 12ga. shotgun, if that helps.

kosborn_91

"Picasso" <Picasso@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Kris Osborn wrote:
>> Anybody in this newsgroup hunters, that can give me advice?
>
> What kind of advice?
>
> Don't shoot hte black deer, and don't use a 22-250 :)
>
> You should give some information like what in hell you're hunting, and
> what you hunt with, where you live, and what else you need for advice

Lmj_31
2006-11-02 21:20:49 EST

Kris Osborn wrote:
> I will be hunting geese, pheasant, quail, turkey, ect. I live near Ann
> Arbor, MI, so it needs to be a strong dog that can be in cold weather for
> awhile. Also I will be hunting with a 12ga. shotgun, if that helps.

Yeah it helps me alright, don't hunt at all - that's my advice.

Picasso
2007-04-23 21:01:21 EST
Kris Osborn wrote:
> I just wanted to know what a good hunting dog is? everyone keeps telling me
> to get a German Shorthaired Pointer, but others tell me to get a Labrador
> Retriever. I Heard that the Labs are good for flushing out birds
>
> Kosborn_91
>

> "Picasso" <Picasso@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Kris Osborn wrote:
>>> Anybody in this newsgroup hunters, that can give me advice?
>> What kind of advice?
>>
>> Don't shoot hte black deer, and don't use a 22-250 :)
>>
>> You should give some information like what in hell you're hunting, and
>> what you hunt with, where you live, and what else you need for advice

black labs seem to be good for birds and ducks.