Dog Discussion: He Thinks He Is CHRIST. NOT !..THE PATHETIC LOSER !

He Thinks He Is CHRIST. NOT !..THE PATHETIC LOSER !

J*@yahoo.com
2006-08-31 15:33:10 EST
I have mentioned previously that
Jerry Howe has told me he thinks
He is THE CHRIST.
Here it is in his own words.

"hate, which of curse turns some folks to suicide, others
to killin the messenger, as they done to J.H. Christ <{): ~ ) > "

Show Dog Bark

Mirelle
2006-08-31 17:32:30 EST

j*n@yahoo.com wrote:
> I have mentioned previously that
> Jerry Howe has told me he thinks
> He is THE CHRIST.
> Here it is in his own words.

> "hate, which of curse turns some folks to suicide, others
> to killin the messenger, as they done to J.H. Christ <{): ~ ) > "

> Show Dog Bark

Weird guy !
Has delusions about me being you !
And now to hear he thinks he is Christ !
In another post he called Christ a FRAUD !
I assume it is due to his DELUSIONS
That he is Christ !

Mirelle

J*@yahoo.com
2006-09-01 01:34:43 EST

j*n@yahoo.com wrote:

He is manic about his saving the world.
>From pathetic miserable stinkin lyin dog abusin mental cases.
He has told me he is Jesus.

"That so? Jesus was a FRAUD."

Above quote is from Jerry Howe

Plus this

"hate, which of curse turns some folks to suicide, others
to killin the messenger, as they done to J.H. Christ <{): ~ ) > "

Show Dog Bark

> I have mentioned previously that
> Jerry Howe has told me he thinks
> He is THE CHRIST.
> Here it is in his own words.
>
> "hate, which of curse turns some folks to suicide, others
> to killin the messenger, as they done to J.H. Christ <{): ~ ) > "
>
> Show Dog Bark

H*@hotmail.com
2006-09-01 16:06:21 EST
HOWEDY jotnaringin,

j*n@yahoo.com wrote:
> jotnaringin@yahoo.com wrote:
>
> He is manic about his saving the world.
> >From pathetic miserable stinkin lyin dog abusin mental cases.
> He has told me he is Jesus.
>
> "That so? Jesus was a FRAUD."
>
> Above quote is from Jerry Howe

The QUOTE was "JESUS FAILED", not that he was a FRAUD.

You're the FRAUD, mirelle aka show dog bark aka dr. gutsy do right aka
vera.

> Plus this
>
> "hate, which of curse turns some folks to suicide, others
> to killin the messenger, as they done to J.H. Christ <{): ~ ) > "

Same same, eh???

SEE? SEE? SEE?

BWEEEEEEEEAAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!

> Show Dog Bark

You're havin a PSYCHOTIC REACTION <{}; ~ ) >

> > I have mentioned previously that
> > Jerry Howe has told me he thinks
> > He is THE CHRIST.

YOU sez that, vera.

> > Here it is in his own words.
> >
> > "hate, which of curse turns some folks to suicide, others
> > to killin the messenger, as they done to J.H. Christ <{): ~ ) > "

JUST LIKE they done to J.H. aka The Sincerely Incredibly Freakin
Insanely Simply Amazing Grand Puppy, Child, Pussy, Birdy And
Horsey Wizard <{}; ~ ) >

> > Show Dog Bark

Oct. 13, 2005

Hi Jerry,

It is now 1:130 A.M. and I just finished reading your manual.
Of course I will need to read it many more times in order to
apply the techniques when I get a dog.

I found it even better than I thought it would be and I had
high expectations for it.

It is absolutely new , original, TOTALLY overdue for the
world to learn about to stop all the violence, fear and abuse.
It is interesting how they have us in a SPELL ( source peoples
emotional language legacy) and even with the best of intentions
while doing these awful techniques that feel violent and inside
the heart recoils from doing them, there is the little voice that
say's 'But it is for the dog's good' and so I have to get tough and
not be a sissy and give in to the horror I am seeing in the dog
and feeling that in my moral compass this feels wrong, and yet
continue to betray myself and the dog because all the "experts"
who say they love dogs ALL agree that I must do this and what
do I know, they say they love dogs they are " love covered in
fur" as Uncle Matty say's. He loves dogs to say this so I must
be too soft hearted to recoil from what obviously is my duty
toward the dog.

You really broke the spell for me.

It is ground breaking work and I am exited to absorb it as in
the first reading there are so many oh wow moments that the
exercises need to be studied at another time as the impact of
the first reading makes it so mind altering that the emotional
response of FINALLY SOME SANITY is so strong that the details
of 'the how' to needs for me to be studied later many times to
internalize it so it is done correctly.

Thank you for the amazing manual.
Go jolly,

Show Dog Bark Wrote;

Blue is doing fantastic. Thanks to his wonderful personality, genetics
and Jerry's help. I speak with Jerry a couple of times a week about his
progress and fine tuning his training. Blue sits, heels, is totally
toilet trained, comes, knows 'down', stay and all kinds of things like
'lets go for a walk'.

He is pure joy and has made my heart glad and full of puppy love.
He loves walking in the forest trails and swimming in the cool and
refreshing lake. His 'daddy' takes him for his final walk every evening
at 7 P.M. Then it is off to bed. He sleeps till 7 A.M.

It is nice to be able to sleep all night without getting up for a pee
pee
a few times with him. In the first few weeks I had to take him out at
night, but now he is able to sleep all night. He is like a
tranquilizer.

I keep asking Jerry if Blue is a genius, as he is so clever and
obedient.

Her tells me this is the nature of a dog that has not been abused.

Blue is super good looking and so smart. He learned to sit weeks ago.
When he needs to go outside to relieve himself, he lets me know by
going to the door and woofing. One thing that I have noticed using
Jerry's methods is that Blue is very calm.

Most dogs are hyper and chew furniture and have bad habits. Blue
only plays with his toys. He knows the difference between his toys
and furniture and does not nip.

I was surprised that he does not want to go on the furniture. He likes
to play on the floor and outside. We sit outside together and he sits
by where I am reading. He may chew a toy or just hang out in the
shade. The whole town loves him and people are impressed with his
manners.

Show Dog Bark

---------------

From: Mike (m.bidd...@ns.sympatico.ca)
Subject: Re: Info. on the puppy wizard?
Date: 2004-07-18 14:27:02 PST

> > Oh, and did I mention his methods work, ya nuff said.
> > Mike
> Ok Mike which part worked for you?

It helped clear problems from my dogs in the
field using the can penny distraction technique.

Works like a charm.

My dogs get distracted easy from their jobs ie,
retrieving or training to find lost people, oh did
I mention that I am a Search and Rescue Team
Leader.

Sorry that slipped my mind.

I have read volumes of training books and don't
know where people get that Jerry copied others
work as I have NEVER come across his methods
before. I would like to see proof.

Just like Jerry outlined I eliminated problems one
at at time as they arose. I used to try and train to
the way I wanted them but this is backward, you
train out the problems leaving what you want left over.

Funny part is the second dog who had the same
problems as the other didn't need correcting for
some of his habits after I cleared it from the first
dog.

Seemed he learned through osmosis.

Nice side benefit there.

It nearly came to giving them up to a 3rd party
trainer as they were not performing well. The
VAST majority of working dog trainers are
agressive in their actions with the dogs.

I tried it and it didn't work and guess what I
was at my "Whits End" then someone I new
turned me onto Jerry and the rest is history.

I referred friends and families to Jerry's manual
and all have had great results. Starting puppies
out on the distraction technique is especially
good because they never develop the habit.

I had my sisters dog healing, sitting and down
stay reliably at 8-9 weeks. The first night home
following Jerrys advice we ditched the crate and
put the pup on the floor beside the bed and after
2 whimpers NOT A SOUND OUT OF THAT DOG
FOR 6 HRS! first night, that has never happened
in all my days.

Sorry, the man understands dogs its that simple.

Mike

---------------------

Hello MOCrab.

Well, I'd take your advice and go thru the killfile as you have
recommended below, but Jerry's system Is WORKING wonders
with these two puppies in a matter of days. He may be abusive
and short-tempered with some people out there because, quite
frankly, I think he cares more about the dogs that the owner's
feelings and feels so strongly about it, it's aggravating to have
"experts" discount his methods.

My husband just got back from taking these 15 week old pups for a walk,
who now respond remarkably well to the "Zena-Zoey-sit-good-girl!"
phrase now when only said once no matter where they are. They also
respond to the come here command. We trained them (granted, out of
order of the instructions) with the pennies in the cans only two days
ago to come to us when called. I've since backtracked to do the
exercises in the proper order.

They are calm and well-behaved and impress the Hell out of anyone who
sees them. "You're kidding, they're only 14 weeks old and they are THAT
well behaved?" Yessiree Bob, they are, and we've only had them for 12
days and have been training them (correctly for 3 days.

We still have more training exercises to do, but why fix something if
it's not broken??>?? These dogs are happy, we don't have to yell at or
scold them, they are learning to be secure and to pay attention to us
for approval and not out of fear.

I can only assume some might be threatened by this manual's methods
because it goes against all human logic on how to train a dog. It
certainly didn't make any sense to me, but I thought what the heck,
try it (even tho I still have to remind myself what to do because
my previous limited experiences with dog training were SO DIFFERENT
to the point that I almost felt like I needed to take my brain out
of my head and put it back in backwards!!!.....).....

BUT THE SYSTEM WORKS!!!

How in the world could someone just "make
something up" and it WORK?>??>?

My husband was very doubtful about this method when I told him
I wanted to try this. His dad was a vet, and certainly didn't use these

methods with the parade of dogs they had as kids. But now even HE
has to admit we're doing something right here, as our stress and
frustration levels have lowered and EVERYONE is much happier
around here, especially the dogs!

I really don't think people are used to the notion that you can train a
dog and it NOT be stressful or difficult. It's easy IF you do it just
like the manual says. It might be easier for some to NOT do it now and
go with the concept of control rather than respect and understanding,
because that's the way WE are used to thinking and heaven forbid WE
change OUR way of thinking and admit we've done some counterproductive
things in the past, right?

The results I'm seeing here with these puppies speaks volumes and
discounts what anyone tells me otherwise. This Wit's End manual
is now in a binder and we're sticking with it.

BlueMoon
----------------------

Subject : The Wits end dog training method - THANK YOU!

Dear Jerry

I have just got to thank you so very much.

I had a gutful of the sadistic crap that gets dished out as
"dog training", I read a bunch of books that just seemed wrong
and then I started trawling the web and found it was worse -
bulletin boards full of people, advocates of pin-down techniques
and shock collars.

I just couldn't believe it. Some of the methods the so called
"professionals" were championing turned my stomach and in the
absence of a voice of reason many people seemed to be taking
the advice. Was this the only way to ever train my dog?

Many of the methods thankfully I never had the stomach to
even try, it all just seemed like constantly pushing against
a resisting force.

Then I stumbled across a post from the puppy wizard - it
was honestly like an epiphany for me. In an instant the
bullshit facade that holds together these peoples brand
of "logic" just crumble away, suddenly I saw very clearly
indeed.

I then read many of your posts and eventually
after some searching found the manual.

I read it and felt like a weight had been lifted.

Now me and my furry best friend have found our
path, one that we both seem very happy with.

We are both very much in debt to your kindness
and compassionate wisdom.

I think it was Gandhi who said that "you can be in a minority
of one, but the truth is still the truth". These words seemed
so appropriate after finding your methods in a sea of countless
posts promoting repetitively violent and abusive training.

On top of that I felt a little of the pioneering spirit of the
internet, like someone had reached out across a great distance,
put a hand on my shoulder and said.."it's cool, just love your
dog, listen to him ".

Thank You, over and over Thank You! You have given me and a
young and very enthusiastic Border Collie a way to a much better
life together.

Long live the Puppy Wizard!

Cornwall UK

PS - Keep up the good work, keep telling it HOWE it really is.

--------------------------

Lauren wrote:

Everything Jerry does is positive reinforcement. In fact, a
lot of it is completely counter-intuitive (eg, praise the dog
even when he's doing the WRONG thing)... but for some bizarre
reason, it works.... His methods *don't* quite match up with
what Cesar does... but... I figure, if you're willing to give
it a try, the *worst* that could happen would be the dog gets
a lot of extra praise and there's no effect whatsoever :-).

The way Jerry's training works, *any* problem is sorted out
after four iterations of extinguishing the behaviour. He says
*anybody* can do it, *every* time, because if a method doesn't
work 100% of the time, for everybody, it's not a good method.

Here's *my* quick summary of it all....

Basically, Jerry's method is based on a foundation of:

a) Focusing the dog's attention on you (the Hot and Cold exercise)

b) Establishing yourself as pack leader (the Family Pack Leadership
exercise) - Note that he does this by dominating *mentally*, never
by dominating *physically* (no alph rolls, no leash corrections)

c) Praising EVERYTHING the dog does - desired or undesired !!!

This is the weird part !! because you are praising the dog
for *thinking* and *deciding* (even if he decided something
you didn't want him to do). This part is so counter-intuitive,
that a lot of people just won't even try this method of training,
because they "know" it couldn't possibly work.

You *never* show the dog displeasure, raise your tone, emphasize
a word strongly, sigh in disgust, *nothing* negative (a hard
habit for a human being to break), EVER. Everything is completely
calm and matter of fact.

All the dog ever hears is what a good dog he is, and you're
*telling* him what a great dog he is, even when he's doing
the behaviour you DON'T want him to do (!). As I said, this
makes so little sense to human beings that a lot of people
won't even *try* this method of training a dog.

d) You *never* put *any* pressure on, or pull on, the dog's
collar. the lead is *always* kept loose. NO corrections are
done by pulling on the collar (a hard habit for a human being
to break).

e) Every behaviour can be created, or extinguished, with only
four repetitions of the training session (another wildly counter-
intuitive concept).

f) Interrupting and eliminating bad behaviours from the dog's
repertoire is done by using sound distractions to condition
the dog *not* to do certain things (or, rather TO do certain
OTHER things)....

Part (f), the sound distraction part, always consists of an
unvarying sequence of saying the exact same thing, four times
in a row (the only new thing being the insertion of the command
keyword <sit, down, come, whatever>) into the sequence, and with
no tonal emphasis on the words at all... and you say all four
sequences in a row, as if they were one long monotone word...
Two of the verbal iterations are accompanied by a sound <pennies
rattling in a can> and two aren't. It's the timing of the sound
to come at the same time as the keyword, that is critical...

Iteration 1: Doggy-<keyword>-good-boy. (and he may have NO clue
what "<keyword>" means)... immediately followed by: Iteration 2:
Doggy-<keyword> <shake can with pennies on the word "<keyword>"> -
good-boy.... immediately followed by: Iteration 3: Doggy-<keyword>-
good-boy.... immediately followed by:Iteration 4: <toss can with
pennies so that *just* as you say the <keyword>, the can hits the
ground, somewhere on the far side of the dog>: Doggy-<keyword> <can
lands as you say the word "<keyword>"> - good-boy.

So, it's really: Take a deep reath: Doggy-keyword-good-boy-
Doggy-[keyword/NEARBY-SOUND]-good-boy-Doggy-keyword-good-boy-
Doggyy-[keyword/FAR-SOUND]-good-boy,

The important part is that the sound has to come from two different
locations, and it has to occur precisely when the keyword is said.

I, personally, have the most trouble with timing the toss
so that the far-away can lands precisely on the keyword.

Jerry explains how to communicate to the dog what "<keyword>"
means, with your own actions. Initially, the behaviours are
based on the dog's motion (coming, going), and the foundation
that was established in the first two exercises, and then he
focuses on extinguishing undesirable behaviours (barking,
jumping, aggression, slamming against fences, bolting through
doors). Establishing desired behaviours like "sit" and "heel"
takes up a lot of the third file.

I'm warning you right up front that Jerry's method seems
COMPLETELY counter-intuitive. Not just counter-intuitive,
it seems completely stupid, impossible, unlikely, ridiculous,
and even *uncomfortable* (for you, the human being) to do.

You reward the dog when he hasn't seemed to do *anything* yet.
(boy, do you feel stupid! "This can't work!" ... but it does.)

You reward the dog when he's very pointedly doing something you
DON'T want.... (keep that smile on your face, in your tone, and
in your body language! very difficult! "Why am I rewarding him
when he's disobeying or being bad?" Jerry explains why !! )

It's the weirdest thing in the world, and yet it seems to work anyway.

I know you don't have tons of time, and it is, of course better
to read the original author's version than a summary! But, here's
a quick summary of the exercises I'm hoping you'll think are worth
trying...

The "Hot and Cold" exercise:

- Done in four different sessions on the first day.
- Takes about 2-3 minutes. You praise the dog every time he
comes towards you, or even looks at you, even out of the corner
of his eyes. Very shortly, he's hovering close to you and keeping
at least one eye on you. Now he's paying attention.

The "Pack Family Leadership" exericise:

- Done in four different sessions on the first day. The first
session takes about 15 minutes the first time, the second session
that day takes about 12 minutes, 8 minutes for the third session,
6 minutes for the fourth session. You do it in a 60' x 60' foot
square (you'll be using a 20' x 20' section, the rest is for the
dog's 20 foot leash to play out, if he wants to roam).

Ideally each of the four sessions is done in four different physical
locations. Do this weekly for the first month, then monthly as a
"tune up" thereafter. What you do is, preferably the entire family
(although it can be done by just one person) marches very slowly
(one step per second) around the square, stopping at the corners,
talking only to each other, never pulling the dog along with them,
never looking at the dog. If he comes, or looks at the group, he
gets praised. If he looks away, or walks away, he hears nothing.

That's it!

Pretty soon, he's hovering around his "pack", seeking attention.

Now you have the foundation to build on.

You build on the "Pack Family Leadership" exercise, to get a come/
recall, by adding in the four iterations plus sound distractions,
as per Jerry's instructions.

After that, any undesired behaviour is interrupted with brief
variably alternating sound distractions INSTANTLY followed by
prolonged NON PHYSICAL praise (if it takes as many as four),
and praise in advance as per his instructions, and any new
desired behaviour is taught using the four iterations plus
sound distractions, as per Jerry's instructions.

He specifically addresses dogs who bark too much/fling themselves
at windows/throw themselves at the door/etc. and bolting out the
front door, dogs who throw themselves against fences, people-
aggressive dogs, etc., and more.

Well, hope that didn't drown you with information....

Anyway, I hope you get a chance to read through it, and are
willing to give it a try. It takes less time than correcting
the dog over and over for the rest of his life, and it's more
fun all the way around for everybody.

Thanks,
-Lauren

------------

> Willy

I'm Jerry Howe, The Sincerely Incredibly Freakin Insanely Simply
A-M-A-Z-I-N-G
G-R-A-N-D
Puppy, Child, Pussy, Birdy And Horsey Wizard <{} ; ~ ) >

J*@yahoo.com
2006-09-03 04:34:26 EST
Human_And_Animal_Behaviour_Forensic_Sciences_Research_Laboratory@hotmail.com
wrote:
> HOWEDY jotnaringin,

"hate, which of curse turns some folks to suicide, others
to killin the messenger, as they done to J.H. Christ <{): ~ ) > "
Jerry howe

"Jesus was a FRAUD"
Jerry Howe

he Thinks he is CHRIST. NOT !..THE PATHETIC LOSER !
Certifiably INSANE.

Snow Dog Bark

Mirelle
2006-09-03 11:14:15 EST

j*n@yahoo.com wrote:

He keeps saying that I am you !
Confused DELUSIONAL MAN !

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mirellebonte/detail?.dir=/1e5are2&.dnm=c1eere2.jpg&.src=ph

photo of me.

Mirelle

<snip>
> I have mentioned previously that
> Jerry Howe has told me he thinks

> He is THE CHRIST.
> Here it is in his own words.

> "hate, which of curse turns some folks to suicide, others
> to killin the messenger, as they done to J.H. Christ <{): ~ ) > "
>
> Show Dog Bark

J*@yahoo.com
2006-09-04 15:22:29 EST

Mirelle wrote: