Dog Discussion: I Really Feel Like A Noob!

I Really Feel Like A Noob!

~shady Angel~
2006-03-15 07:27:47 EST
A $95.00 vet bill this morning.
I had heard about a knot that a dog gets with a bitch but I'd never seen it
before.
9am this morning I got up to let cujo out and let him run in the back while
I was having a smoke.
Sitting on the step, I happen to notice a big mass on his genitals I got so
freaked out thinking it was a cancer lump or something worse and I called
the vet to make an emergency appointment, I ran about 3km down to the other
side of town and sat in the waiting room for half an hour. When the vet
looked at him she basically jerked him off and it went a away, she told me
he had a knot and because there was nothing wrong with him, she said his
foreskin was infected so gave him a course of antibiotics $65 for a week's
course and $30 for the consultation. What a rip off!
It's an expensive bit of education.
So I feel like a real noob owner for owning dogs yet I've had 4 male dogs
but they were all fixed before a year old,
Cujo has just begun to act like a dog and not a puppy. So making his
territory becomes and issue, plus it is damn annoying stopping at nearly
every tree on the way.
Well I've just come home from the pub and I'm tired So I'll end this spout
here.
Goodnight.
--
~shady angel~
when one and only one person perceives a certain reality, and (virtually)

Diddy
2006-03-15 08:09:09 EST
"~shady angel~" <angieno@spamorcon.net,nz> composed these thoughts and
posted them news:SJTRf.6366$JZ1.201642@news.xtra.co.nz:

> A $95.00 vet bill this morning.
> I had heard about a knot that a dog gets with a bitch but I'd never
> seen it before.
> 9am this morning I got up to let cujo out and let him run in the back
> while I was having a smoke.
> Sitting on the step, I happen to notice a big mass on his genitals I
> got so freaked out thinking it was a cancer lump or something worse
> and I called the vet to make an emergency appointment, I ran about 3km
> down to the other side of town and sat in the waiting room for half an
> hour. When the vet looked at him she basically jerked him off and it
> went a away, she told me he had a knot and because there was nothing
> wrong with him, she said his foreskin was infected so gave him a
> course of antibiotics $65 for a week's course and $30 for the
> consultation. What a rip off! It's an expensive bit of education.
> So I feel like a real noob owner for owning dogs yet I've had 4 male
> dogs but they were all fixed before a year old,
> Cujo has just begun to act like a dog and not a puppy. So making his
> territory becomes and issue, plus it is damn annoying stopping at
> nearly every tree on the way.
> Well I've just come home from the pub and I'm tired So I'll end this
> spout here.
> Goodnight.

If he had an infection, it was money well spent.

Papa Dog
2006-03-15 23:52:20 EST
In article <Xns978752EBD62CBdiddydiddynet@216.196.97.142>,
d*y@diddy.net says...
> "~shady angel~" <angieno@spamorcon.net,nz> composed these thoughts and
> posted them news:SJTRf.6366$JZ1.201642@news.xtra.co.nz:
>
> > A $95.00 vet bill this morning.
> > I had heard about a knot that a dog gets with a bitch but I'd never
> > seen it before.
> > 9am this morning I got up to let cujo out and let him run in the back
> > while I was having a smoke.
> > Sitting on the step, I happen to notice a big mass on his genitals I
> > got so freaked out thinking it was a cancer lump or something worse
> > and I called the vet to make an emergency appointment, I ran about 3km
> > down to the other side of town and sat in the waiting room for half an
> > hour. When the vet looked at him she basically jerked him off and it
> > went a away, she told me he had a knot and because there was nothing
> > wrong with him, she said his foreskin was infected so gave him a
> > course of antibiotics $65 for a week's course and $30 for the
> > consultation. What a rip off! It's an expensive bit of education.
> > So I feel like a real noob owner for owning dogs yet I've had 4 male
> > dogs but they were all fixed before a year old,
> > Cujo has just begun to act like a dog and not a puppy. So making his
> > territory becomes and issue, plus it is damn annoying stopping at
> > nearly every tree on the way.
> > Well I've just come home from the pub and I'm tired So I'll end this
> > spout here.
> > Goodnight.
>
> If he had an infection, it was money well spent.

I agree and $30 for an office visit is cheap and antibiotics are
expensive. It cost $85 just to walk into the door at the emergency vet
here. If you have him neutered you'll never have to worry about it
again.

Papa

~shady Angel~
2006-03-16 02:34:48 EST
diddy wrote:
> "~shady angel~" <angieno@spamorcon.net,nz> composed these thoughts and
> posted them news:SJTRf.6366$JZ1.201642@news.xtra.co.nz:
>
>> A $95.00 vet bill this morning.
>> I had heard about a knot that a dog gets with a bitch but I'd never
>> seen it before.
>> 9am this morning I got up to let cujo out and let him run in the back
>> while I was having a smoke.
>> Sitting on the step, I happen to notice a big mass on his genitals I
>> got so freaked out thinking it was a cancer lump or something worse
>> and I called the vet to make an emergency appointment, I ran about
>> 3km down to the other side of town and sat in the waiting room for
>> half an hour. When the vet looked at him she basically jerked him
>> off and it went a away, she told me he had a knot and because there
>> was nothing wrong with him, she said his foreskin was infected so
>> gave him a course of antibiotics $65 for a week's course and $30 for
>> the consultation. What a rip off! It's an expensive bit of education.
>> So I feel like a real noob owner for owning dogs yet I've had 4 male
>> dogs but they were all fixed before a year old,
>> Cujo has just begun to act like a dog and not a puppy. So making his
>> territory becomes and issue, plus it is damn annoying stopping at
>> nearly every tree on the way.
>> Well I've just come home from the pub and I'm tired So I'll end this
>> spout here.
>> Goodnight.
>
> If he had an infection, it was money well spent.
Hope so.
--
~shady angel~
when one and only one person perceives a certain reality, and (virtually)
all others perceive another, isn't that generally considered "delusional?"

~shady Angel~
2006-03-16 02:35:57 EST
Papa Dog wrote:
> In article <Xns978752EBD62CBdiddydiddynet@216.196.97.142>,
> diddy@diddy.net says...
>> "~shady angel~" <angieno@spamorcon.net,nz> composed these thoughts
>> and posted them news:SJTRf.6366$JZ1.201642@news.xtra.co.nz:
>>
>>> A $95.00 vet bill this morning.
>>> I had heard about a knot that a dog gets with a bitch but I'd never
>>> seen it before.
>>> 9am this morning I got up to let cujo out and let him run in the
>>> back while I was having a smoke.
>>> Sitting on the step, I happen to notice a big mass on his genitals I
>>> got so freaked out thinking it was a cancer lump or something worse
>>> and I called the vet to make an emergency appointment, I ran about
>>> 3km down to the other side of town and sat in the waiting room for
>>> half an hour. When the vet looked at him she basically jerked him
>>> off and it went a away, she told me he had a knot and because there
>>> was nothing wrong with him, she said his foreskin was infected so
>>> gave him a course of antibiotics $65 for a week's course and $30
>>> for the consultation. What a rip off! It's an expensive bit of
>>> education.
>>> So I feel like a real noob owner for owning dogs yet I've had 4 male
>>> dogs but they were all fixed before a year old,
>>> Cujo has just begun to act like a dog and not a puppy. So making his
>>> territory becomes and issue, plus it is damn annoying stopping at
>>> nearly every tree on the way.
>>> Well I've just come home from the pub and I'm tired So I'll end this
>>> spout here.
>>> Goodnight.
>>
>> If he had an infection, it was money well spent.
>>
> I agree and $30 for an office visit is cheap and antibiotics are
> expensive. It cost $85 just to walk into the door at the emergency
> vet here. If you have him neutered you'll never have to worry about
> it again.
>
> Papa

I wont get him fixed untill it really becomes a problem because he dosen't
get out with bitches.
--
~shady angel~
when one and only one person perceives a certain reality, and (virtually)
all others perceive another, isn't that generally considered "delusional?"

T*@Mail.Com
2006-03-16 14:06:28 EST
HOWEDY ~shady angel~,

~shady angel~ wrote:
> A $95.00 vet bill this morning.

You probably got off EZ.

> I had heard about a knot that a dog gets with a
> bitch but I'd never seen it before.

Yeah. That's HOWE COME breedin dogs can be dangerHOWES.

> 9am this morning I got up to let cujo out and let
> him run in the back while I was having a smoke.

"Tobacco is a filthy weed, from the Devil it doeth proceed.
It stains your fingers and burns your clothes and makes a
chimney of your nose."

Perhaps you'd feel more alert if you QUIT smokin?

> Sitting on the step,

That's five minutes you could use for ANY THING else
times THAT by twenty times a day an you got enough
time in JUST WON DAY to STUDY your own FREE COPY of
The Simply Amazing Puppy Wizard's 100% CONSISTENTLY
NEARLY INSTANTLY SUCCESSFUL FREE WWW Wits' End Dog
Training Method Manual <{); ~ ) >

THAT MEANS in THREE DAYS you could have ANY dog 100%
FINISHED in trainin for the come command, heel, down,
stay for five minutes and ALL behavior problems to boot.

> I happen to notice a big mass on his genitals I got so
> freaked out thinking it was a cancer lump or something
> worse and I called the vet to make an emergency appointment,
> I ran about 3km down to the other side of town and sat in
> the waiting room for half an hour. When the vet looked at
> him she basically jerked him off and it went a away,

Well, that's not QUITE necessary, ~shady angel~. All you
gotta do is roll the skin back and then forward and it'll
return to NORMAL. Bein STUCK like it was causes swelling
and pain.

> she told me he had a knot and because there was nothing
> wrong with him, she said his foreskin was infected

That's HUGELY UNLIKELY ~shady angel~. Dogs GET like
that with NO infection and in more than forty years
SPECIALIZING in temperament and behavior problems and
protection trainin of mostly giant breed working dogs
AIN'T NEVER seen a PROBLEM caused by that condition.

> so gave him a course of antibiotics $65 for a week's
> course and $30 for the consultation. What a rip off!

Only if there was NO NEED for antibiotics. OtherWIZE
the vet earned her dough diagnosin and digitalizing
the problem...

> It's an expensive bit of education.

Well, she didn't NEED to ejaculate the dog. Oh, bye
the bye, The Simply Amazing Puppy Wizard has assisted
C-HOWENTLESS breedings and handles stallion horses as
EZ as puppy dogs.

> So I feel like a real noob owner for owning dogs yet
> I've had 4 male dogs but they were all fixed before
> a year old,

Surgical sexual mutilation is unnecessary inapupriate
cruel inhumane veterinary malpractice UNLESS it's done
for medical conditions.

> Cujo has just begun to act like a dog and not a puppy.

Cujo is HYPERACTIVE from MISHANDLING.

> So making his territory becomes and issue,

THAT'S ABSURD. Your dog AIN'T "MARKIN TERRORTORY"
he's "sprayin" from ANXXXIHOWESNESS <{); ~ ) >

> plus it is damn annoying stopping at nearly
> every tree on the way.

You can CURE that PROBLEM in moments if you know HOWE.

> Well I've just come home from the pub and I'm tired

If you quit drinkin an smokin you'd have enough TIME
and EXXXTRA money to ENJOY doin STUFF with your dog
that you'd been able to TRAIN him to do...

> So I'll end this spout here.

Ooops!

> Goodnight.

LikeWIZE <{); ~ ) >

From: lucyaa...@claque.net
Date: 22 May 2005 22:08:53 -0700
Subject: Re: My lab seems to get targeted at the dog park

d*.@yahoo.com wrote:
> Anyone else have an opinion?

I'm not a trainer and my experience is limited to my
two dogs, so take it for what it's worth. As someone
who had to deal with a puppy who had his own ideas
about what was and what wasn't "proper behavior", I
was very happy to find The Amazing Puppy Wizard's
dog training method.

It is a method that is gentle to the dog, very easy
to apply and it has been working wonderfully with
both my dogs, giving practically instant results.

It was as if I had been given the "key" to understanding
and controlling my puppy's behavior: suddenly, he was
istening to me, doing what I was asking him to do, instead
of constantly opposing me.

It also worked with some issues my older dog had, too -
her fear of thunder, her barking and her aggression
towards another female dog.

Don't let either the first impression about the "weirdness"
of The Amazing Puppy Wizard, or the regulars' negative opinion
of him (there's a long history behind it) deter you from at
least reading the manual and deciding for yourself if you
want to try it or not.

I wish all the best to you and your dog.

Lucy

-------------------

b*.@gmail.com wrote:
> Well I am happy to reply that so far after 10
> minutes of work and the cans from mr Howes guide,

You mean The Amazing Puppy Wizard's FREE WWW Wits'
End Dog Training Method Manual <{); ~ ) >

> I have instilled the "come" command to Riley.

Good. You mean INSTALLED the come command as
a conditional reflex. Be SHORE to perform the
EXXXORCISES four times in each of four locations.

-------------

From: "BarbnBeau" <bdea...@cogeco.ca>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 01:52:30 -0500
Re: Puppy Wizard's Website

Hi Buzzsaw

Not a Thing to lose ...But a Lot To Gain!!

I can only speak from my experience.. I have a 8 month
old miniature poodle, and although I had done some basic
training with him we had a few barking issues ..ugh

I am happy to tell you, I contacted Jerry at the email
addy I posted and he was so great! I wasn't following
the technique precisely but he helped me get back on track.

Beau is doing sooooo well it is really a thrill working
with him, and seeing the remarkable changes.

Now I can ask for "recall" (come) both on and off lead
and it is immediate!

the first time I ask.

Best of Luck to you,

Remember if you need help or explanation contact Jerry ..
he will be more than happy to help anyway he can.

Cheers
Barb

------------------

Date: 5/22/03 11:24:35 PM Eastern
Daylight Time
From: p...@cfl.rr.com
To: Witsend...@aol.com

Well, let me tell you, your Wits' End
Dog Training Method works.

My dog, Dasie, Loves to chase chameleons
around the barbecue on the patio. I
used this system on four different occasions.

When she went out today, she looked
everywhere else but the barbecue.
Amazing, just amazing.

I will write to Amanda about the video.

I am really excited to learn more, and
understand. Maybe just a little reassurance
that I am going about it the right way.

Thanks again
Paul

----------------

Hi, Jerry.

I'm not sure that I'm a 100% convert, or that I agree
with (or even understand) 100% of what you say in this
manual ... BUT ... we had "come" down pat in a few
reps and you could have knocked me down when I tried
the exercise with "drop" and, after a few reps in
different spots Darwin practically *threw* the rubber
ball at my feet on command. He's still not perfect
(just a pup, after all, and he's stubborn enough to
want to push and test me a little bit more).

For what it's worth, I can see (as no doubt you have)
how your usenet manner is likely to rankle a few
folks, but that woman who advocates ear pulling and
beating with sticks deserves everything she gets. Even
if that was the only method that would work, I'd live
with my dog not fetching rather than do any of that.
(Darwin fetches enthusiastically and instinctively,
tho').

Best,

ben

----------

From: "lindalee" <llindaleedan...@msn.com>
Date: 21 Jan 2006 18:34:10 -0800

Subject: Chasing squirrels

I have not posted to the group for awhile but
want to share my success of teaching my dog
Sunshine, who has a very high prey drive, to
not go after squirrels when on a walk. It
took a few trials but he can now walk right
past squirrels running up a tree or in a yard.

Using Jerry Howe's approach I used a sound to
get his attention when he saw a squirrel and
then praised him and kept on walking past the
squirrel. Where we live in Michigan we lots of
squirrels and he was always wanting to chase
them up a tree. Jerry's approach of sound
and praise really works.

I think the people who discount his methods
have never tried the method because it works
everytine. Sometimes it takes a little practice
to get the sound from different directions but
I was able to change Sunshine's behavior in
just a week after we moved back to Michigan.

Sunshine is a very sensitive dog so any physical
corrections just won't work but using sound and
praise he is a really great dog who opens doors,
picks up things I drop, and and helps me a lot.

If you have a behavior problem with your dog get
a copy of Jerrry's manual and solve your problem!

---------------

From: "BarbnBeau" <bdea...@cogeco.ca>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 06:45:09 -0500

Subject: Re: New to this Group..Heaven Help me Now!

Hello Janet,

Thank you for the welcome.

It may well be that "I am off the mark" and I certainly
appreciate there are is always room for friendly, good
natured disagreements. As a matter of fact you are welcome
to completely disagree with me at anytime...I generally
just appreciate politeness and don't find it necessary
to be rude and crude to make a point.

I don't have a trainer..or "wonder trainer" and you are
quite correct PW has acted like a jerk in some of his
rude and crude postings as well. I don't know the man
and have not communicated with him. Many of us from time
to time have acted inappropriately or as a total jerk...
doesn't alwaysmean we are one.

He may not even have written the manual, but somebody
did .... and call me foolish but without yelling,
reprimand or a negative approach on my part, my little
guy has turned some not so great behavior around.

I am so pleased with the changes I could have a parade...

well maybe just cake and balloons:):)

It would be my pleasure to be open and look forward to
sanity, and good conversation anywhere, anytime! After
re reading my post.. it appears I tarred everyone with
the same brush and that was not my intention as only a
few came across in a demeaning manner.

Thanks for helping me see that.

Cheers,
Barb

From: "BarbnBeau" <bdea...@cogeco.ca>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 05:56:21 -0500

Subject: Re: New to this Group..Heaven Help me Now! [ninnyboy] [jerry]

Gees.... I feel like I just flew over the cuckoo's nest OR
perhaps gained access to the asylum :))(smiling)

I must admit I am thoroughly amused, I never imagined one single
little post expressing a newcomers point of view or perspective
would prove to be so controversial and threatening.

* Jerry, I assume that is you, sharing archives of conversations
well ahead of my posting, or time I may have spent here..WTMI
(way to much information) I truly have no interest in that war
of words, your manual makes much more sense and is of far greater
value.

Imagine I could have just sat here and read, put my hands in my
pocket and never let my fingers loose on the keyboard... but oh
no not this Canuk.( these blonde moments of mine do take a toll -sigh)

The first thing I did was RTFM (read the frigging manual) "Wits End Dog
Training Manual."

The second thing I did was comment on the fact that "it was
working for me and more importantly Beau..my dog"

Upon reflection I could have been more tactful expressing my view
on some of the comments folks make to each other here.

What's that quote: "Tact, the ability to describe others as
they see themselves."

Strange how easy it seems to be to make smart ass comments...
to anyone, but not so easy to look at ourselves.

Not so easy to look in the mirror and question or admit error
about self, choose to change self's approach, or learn a new lesson.

There have been too many times in my life, I stayed silent, not
stood up for what was right or wrong.... heck people like silence
so much better, it's so none threatening to everyone.

It also shouts acceptance!

Who is Jerry "The Puppy Wizard" don't know him only know of
him, I have never talked or typed to him personally.

Aristotle thought,"There was never a genius without
a tincture of madness."

Is Jerry a "wonder trainer"? Could be.

Does he express himself HERE tactfully?

Nope... doesn't seem to play nice with people.

Is he a Whacko or Savant? hmmm haven't a clue, perhaps
he runs the asylum, and frankly I don't give a damn!

As Abraham Lincoln once said "Whatever you are, be a
good one." He has a method, a systematic humane approach,
he wrote and shares a fine piece of work in the form of
a manual.

I have read, tried and worked the system as written...
(ok breathe everyone or close your eyes for the rest..)

IT WORKS!!.... imagine that.

"The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real
thing." You are welcome to put me in "killfiles" or forward
a scarlet letter, perhaps just a rock around my neck.. whatever.

"You have to do your own growing, no matter how tall your
grandfather was." I will attempt to contact Jerry privately
for any further help..perhaps he will answer, perhaps not.

He has helped me get Beau's undivided attention,
and get to his heart, and that is more than I
could possibly repay!

My truth, my thoughts in black and white, imagine ..
"Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work"

Do bullets travel as an attachment? Just thought I'd ask:):)

Cheers All
Barb n Beau

"Unsurreality" <unsurreal...@netzoola.com> wrote in message

> b...@yahoo.com wrote:

>> HOWEDY janet,
>> >From: "Janet" <j1b...@aol.com>
>> >Date: 20 Jan 2005 15:35:54 -0800
>> >Subject: Re: New to this Group..Heaven Help me Now!

>> janet and her pals shock choke bribe crate intimidate
>> and murder dogs and LIE abHOWET it:

> This coming from the same idiot who says if a dog's temp
> goes above 102.5 take it to the vet, yet spikes dogs' temps
> to 106.

> You figure out who's insane.

> I don't shock, bribe or crate train, so who is this
> imbecile talking about?

> Pat

HERE'S "pat aka mikey dufort aka unsurreality":

"Warning: Sometimes The Corrections Will Seem
Quite Harsh And Cause You To Cringe. This Is
A Normal Reaction The First Few Times It Happens,
But You'll Get Over It." mike duforth,
author: "CourteHOWES Canine."

"I have heard advice stating that you should pre-load
your dog for Bitter Apple for it to work as efficiently
as possible. What does this mean?

When you bring home the Bitter Apple for the first time,
spray one squirt directly into the dog's mouth and walk
away. The dog won't be too thrilled with this but just
ignore him and continue your normal behavior."
--Mike Dufort author of the
zero selling book: "CourteHOWES Canine."

From: Robin Barr <robinba...@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 12:50:58 -0800

Subject: Re: HELP needed ASAP
In article <O31ud.13611$r72.108...@weber.videotron.net>,

regimbalm <regimb...@videotron.ca> wrote:
> MauiJNP wrote:

> > my dog tries to jump up on the table. he did it today when
> > I wasn't there and he ate my nephew's food. My sister was
> > home, I wasn't. My mom said if he does it again, he will
> > have to find a new house. I believe her.

> > She will kick him (rather us as I will never get rid of him) out.
> > what should I do?
> > she I squirt him with water when he tries to jump on the chairs?
> > I don't want to have to smack him bottom or nose or something like
> > that.

> > Should I feed him from the table so he is not so desparate to get
> > up there? or will that make it worse? right now, he NEVER gets
> > anything from the table. thanks for any help.
>
> why don't you tie him outside during the meals and if he try to go on
> the table do the same go tie him and verbally reprehend him . He needs
> to learn it's not ok to jump on table.
>
> I would also suggest you go a do basic obedience training you
> need to learn how to control your do,, good luck

I'm only jumping in on this thread now, so don't know if the Puppy
Wizard responded to the original poster with a link to his Wit's End
Dog Training Manual, which he offers at no cost. Although you are
correct to say the dog needs to learn to not jump on the table, and
your suggestion would certainly contain the dog, I don't think it
would TEACH the dog very effectively or quickly.

The Puppy Wizard (Jerry) offers a very quick, kind and gentle way
to teach a dog anything, even eliminating separation anxiety and
allergies.

I hope the original poster sees this, and if you own a dog, perhaps
you might be interested in taking a look also. You'll find it's so
much quicker (and kinder, and gentler) than any other method.

The proof is in the pudding, right? Just give it a try. You've
heard the old saying, you get more with honey than vinegar. If
you do try this method and find it effective, please pass it on
to other pet owners. You'll be doing a good deed. I'm planning
to email it to my friends, relatives, and business associates who
are pet owners as a Christmas or Chanukah gift.

And more, if you have any questions about the training method, or run
into difficulties, unlike the tone of many of the Puppy Wizard's posts
(aka the Grim Reaper), you'll find him extremely helpful, always

================

From: Robin <robin4...@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 22:49:15 -0700
Subject: Re: Paging Puppy Wizard

In article <pan.2005.06.16.03.47.42.331...@skepticism.us>,
"Kurtis D. Rader" <kra...@skepticism.us> wrote:

> On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 12:50:08 -0700, Robin wrote:
> > In article <1118672970.419103.259...@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
> > bringmewa...@gmail.com wrote:
> >> you must have missed his posts where he shows
> >> he's psycho and not worth 10 seconds worth of time

> > I disagree. If you can look past the way he communicates,

> How he communicates is precisely the point. The reason
> rational people no longer listen to the "puppy wizard"
> has nothing to do with grammar

Kurtis,

I believe myself to be rational (I'm not saying this
defensively), and the reactions from the people in my
world (friends, family, tradespeople, neighbors,
acquaintences, business people, my healthcare givers,
and it goes on and on) seem to reflect that I probably
am rational.

Kurtis, the reason I look beyond the exterior, is
because sometimes, not always, there is something
of value. I've found this to be true many times in
my life.

If you've been following my posts, I have a difficult
situation with my little dog, and I've followed all the
mainstream thinking and techniques for separation anxiety,
to no avail.

One of the reasons I decided to take Jerry's manual more
seriously was the feedback from those who had who had
achieved positive results. And I'm glad I did (please
see my post to Jerry about tonight's session using Jerry's
SA technique).

> or spelling. It is about his surety that he has the
> only valid viewpoint and all others are wrong.

Kurtis, I say this gentle respect (tone can be misinterpreted
with this form of communication) - read again what you said
above. You are doing what you accuse Jerry of, the surety
that you have the only valid viewpoint and all others (who
support Jerry) are wrong. (i.e. they're not rational).

> It is about his atrocious manners. It is about his
> presumption to know enough about an individual to
> judge them an abuser of animals from a single usenet
> message.

I can't argue with you. But this doesn't have the
same emotional charge for me as it does for you.

> > Please know he has supporters, some of whom doctorate
> > level professionals, and this is for a reason.

> I know plenty of "smart" people who believe in astrology
> and homeopathy. Just because someone is knowledgeable about
> one topic does not preclude them being idiots in other areas.

Kurtis, please listen to yourself; your judgement about
people who believe in astrology and homeopathy (idiots?),
you are so unwielding and harsh ("the surety that you have
the only valid viewpoint and all others are wrong.")

> > Personally, I like Jerry. He's a colorful character,
> > to say the least,

> I like colorful people as well. The world would be
> extremely boring and limited if everyone were like
> me. But just because someone has a different worldview,
> style of dress, or speaking style doesn't mean I should
> treat them as an authority on an arbitrary subject.

No need to treat or think of him as an authority!

(Ooops! <{); ~ ) > )

> I've read way too many posts by PW and visited his web site.
> While there are nuggets of useful information in what he says
> I can get the same advice from other sources

(CITES PLEASE??? <{); ~ ) > )

> without the abuse.

(Seems kurtis means EMBARRASSMENT <{); ~ ) > )

Now Kurtis, you know the same advice is not available
elsewhere. You're speaking an untruth to give weight
to your arguement.

I'm going to receive all kind of flack for this statement -
there's something about Jerry that has completely pushed your
buttons, and it has nothing to do with Jerry.

(Hint: look to one or both of your parents for the
source of this anger, that's who you're angry at)
I KNOW I'm going to regret having said that, but
this is kind of mood I'm in right now.

Anyway, you seem like a nice guy. Best regards,
Robin

From: Robin <robin4...@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 12:50:08 -0700

b*.@gmail.com wrote:
> you must have missed his posts where he shows he's
> psycho and not worth 10 seconds worth of time

I disagree. If you can look past the way he communicates,
his information is worth exploring, and his message is about
absolute love, trust, respect and 'do no harm'.

If he could only communicate that way to the humans
who provoke him, which are many :), he would be able
to get thru to many more people without being written
off as a nut.

Please know he has supporters, some of whom doctorate
level professionals, and this is for a reason. Personally,
I like Jerry. He's a colorful character, to say the least,
and I enjoy learning from him. And, if you meet him halfway,
he'll give back to you tenfold.

Regards,
Robin

=============

Lucy wrote:
> > It's the same puppy that is now my perfect dog [...]

"It is by muteness that a dog becomes
so utterly beyond value."

Like a confessor Priest?

"With him, words play no torturing tricks..., "
--John Galsworthy.

Don't bet your dog won't tell on you...
Their behaviors reflect
HOWER words, actions and training quirks.
Jerry HOWE, The Puppy Wizard. <{} ; ~ ) >

> In other words, your puppy grew up.

Within a few minutes?

Outstanding growing up process this must have been, to occur
after repeating just a few times the dreaded praise for bad
behavior!

Lucy

-----------------

"As Sam Corson (Pavlov's last student) demonstrated for
nearly 50 years at Ohio University (Oxford, O.) there is
no treatment more useful for dogs than tender loving care."
George von Hilsheimer, Ph. D., F. R. S. H., Diplomate,
Academy of Behavioral Medicine.

You GET The Critter You TRAINED

A DOG Is A Dog;
As A KAT Is A KAT;
As A BIRDY Is A BIRDY;
As A CHILD IS A CHILD;
As A SP-HOWES Is a SP-HOWES.

ALL Behavior Problems Are CAUSED BY MISHANDLING

ALL Critters Only Respond In
PREDICTABLE INNATE NORMAL NATURAL
INSTINCTIVE REFLEXIVE Ways;
To Situations And Circumstances Of Their Environment
Which We Create For Them.

Damn The Descartean War of "Nature Vs Nurture."
We Teach By HOWER Words And Actions
And GET BACK What We TAUGHT.

Punishment Deranges Behavior.
"NO!" Does NOT Have Any Behavioral Function
EXCEPT
To DERANGE Behaviors.

Here's professor dermer pryor:

From: Marshall Dermer (der...@alpha1.csd.uwm.edu)
Subject: Re: Jerry's Dog Training Manual
Date: 2001-07-12 06:49:13 PST

And how do we know this aspect of his
advice is right?

Jerry is not God and his manual is not the Bible.
His advice could be subject to an empirical analysis.

(Also, it is best to killfile posts from the
few regulars here who are either ill-tempered,
ill-mannered, or just plain ill.­),

--Marshall

Marshall Lev Dermer/ Department of Psychology/ University of
Wisconsin-Milwaukee/ Milwaukee, WI 53201/ der...@uwm.edu
http://www.uwm.edu/~dermer
"Life is just too serious to be taken entirely seriousyl!"

From: der...@alpha1.csd.uwm.edu (Marshall Dermer) -
Date: 1998/08/28
Subject: Re: Puppy growls and snaps

In article <6s6ea0$8c...@uwm.edu> der...@alpha1.csd.uwm.edu

(Marshall Dermer) writes:
> In article <35E60819.65178...@pilot.msu.edu>
> tami sutherland<suthe...@pilot.msu.edu> writes:

>> However, there have been incidences where she has
>> growled and snapped at us...for instance, when we
>> were trying to dry her off after bathtime.

> When your three-month old pooch growls or snaps, IMMEDIATELY
> pick her up ONLY by the skin at the back of her neck, for 5
> sec, and loudly say, "NO!" Alternatively, say "NO!" and hold
> her mouth shut for say 15 sec.

> If she so snaps that you can't do the above then you
> will have to find another way to administer a prompt
> correction, for example, throwing a can filled with
> pennies, or a tug on the collar.

--Marshall

"Oops! I would start by only holing her mouth
shut for say 5 sec.

At this point, "No" does not have any behavioral function.
But, if you say "No,"pick up the puppy by its neck and
shake it a bit, and the frequency of the biting decreases
then you will have achieved too things.

First, the frequency of unwanted chewing has decreased;
and two, you have established "No" as a conditioned punisher.

How much neck pulling and shaking? Just the
minimum necessary to decrease the unwanted
biting.

**********IS THAT A CONSISTENT 5 SECONDS?************

When our dog was a puppy, "No" came before mild
forms of punishment (I would hold my dog's mouth
closed for a few seconds.) whereas "Bad Dog" came
before stronger punishement (the kind discussed above).

"No" is usually sufficient but sometimes I use "Bad Dog"
to stop a behavior. "Bad Dog" ALWAYS works," marshall
dermer, research professor of ANAL-ytic behaviorISM at
UofWI. For MOORE animal abuse, please visit dr p.

BWAHAHAHHAHAAAA!!!!!

That's INSANE. Ain't it.

Here's professor dermer AFTER gettin JERRYIZED:

"We Are Lucky To Have You, And More People Should
Come To Their Senses And Support Your Valuable Work.
God Bless The Puppy Wizard," Professor Marshall Dermer,
Dept Of ANAL-ytic Behavior, UofWI.

From: "George von Hilsheimer, Ph.D." <drv...@mindspring.com>
To: "Jerry Howe" <theamazingpuppywiz...@mail.com>
Subject: Alleged Professors of Animal Behavior
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 12:50:51 -0400

Dear Jerry, I paged through some of the "dog business"
and was astonished at the low quality of opinions arising
from professors of behavior analysis.

I had the very great privilege of meeting Sam Corson
(Pavlov's last Ph.D. student) and his dogs at Ohio
University. I even got to spend a night at Sam's house.

There is no question but that you are a spiritual brother
to Corson and to Pavlov, both of whom knew that the dog's
great capacity for love was the key to shaping doggie behavior.

Paradoxical reward and paradoxical fixing of attention are
both well documented Pavlovian techniques. Even so humorless
a chap as B.F. Skinner taught students like the Breland's whose
"The Misbehavior of Organisms" demonstrate the utility of your
methods and their deep roots in scientific (as opposed to
commercial) psychology.

George von Hilsheimer, Ph.D., F.R.S.H.
you may find my resume in Who's Who in
Science and Technology

<{#}: ~ } >8< { ~ :{@}>
<{#}: ~ } > < { ~ :{@}>
<{#}: ~ } > < { ~ :{@}>
<{#}: ~ } > http://www.tinyurl.com/7bl5u < { ~ :{@}>
<{#}: ~ } > < { ~ :{@}>
<{#}: ~ } > < { ~ :{@}>
<{#}: ~ } >8< { ~ :{@}>

"The Methods, Principles, And Philosophy Of Behavior
Never Change,
Or They'd Not Be Scientific And Would Not Obtain
Consistent, Reliable, Fast, Effective Results
For All Handler's And All Dogs
And ALL Behaviors Or Fields
NEARLY INSTANTLY,
As Taught In Your FREE Copy Of The Puppy Wizard's FREE
WWW Wits' End Dog Training Method Manual,"
The Simply Amazing Puppy Wizard. <{} ; ~ ) >

~shady Angel~
2006-03-16 21:18:44 EST
T*d@Mail.Com wrote:
> [...]
>
> Cujo is HYPERACTIVE from MISHANDLING.
>
>> So making his territory becomes and issue,
>
> THAT'S ABSURD. Your dog AIN'T "MARKIN TERRORTORY"
> he's "sprayin" from ANXXXIHOWESNESS <{); ~ ) >
>
>> plus it is damn annoying stopping at nearly
>> every tree on the way.
>
> You can CURE that PROBLEM in moments if you know HOWE.
>
>> Well I've just come home from the pub and I'm tired
>
> If you quit drinkin an smokin you'd have enough TIME
> and EXXXTRA money to ENJOY doin STUFF with your dog
> that you'd been able to TRAIN him to do...
>
>> So I'll end this spout here.
>
> Ooops!
>
>> Goodnight.
>
> LikeWIZE <{); ~ ) >
>
>> --
>> ~shady angel~
>> when one and only one person perceives a certain reality,
>> and (virtually) all others perceive another, isn't that

Thanks for your input, but I have studied you book and have a full time
trainer who has a bissness of breeding and training dog's and he does fine
with him Cujo was a hard pup to deal with as he was a baby of a 13 litter
the mother abondoned at 3 weeks. so he was drug up till 5 weeks from black
power till I rescued him he was undernurished and aggressive from being
beatin and looked in a shed all day. He now has no behavior problems apart
from occationallly pushing the line with dominating. But he is my baby and
has nothing to be anxous about and not that it's any of your bisness but I
have a anxious problem that is controlled by myself and a zanax script. He
is the most haapy go lucky dog I've ever owened being my fist pit bull it's
been a treat to have him. I dont smoke anymore have given up for a week and
a half an only go to the pub maybee once a month or so. I have unblocked you
for the moment as you seem to beable to kepp your tounge in check and show a
biit of respect. Push it and you'll go straight back with the rest of the
scum.