Dog Discussion: Dog Shampoo Recommendation?

Dog Shampoo Recommendation?

Peter Richards
2003-10-10 21:28:42 EST
Can anyone recommend a good shampoo for a Yorkshire Terrier here in
the UK.

Many thanks for any comments

regards

Peter

JustMel
2003-10-10 22:20:53 EST
any tearless human baby shampoo works great. Don't forget to use a
conditioner.
"Peter Richards" <none@none.net> wrote in message
> Can anyone recommend a good shampoo for a Yorkshire Terrier here in
> the UK.
>
> Many thanks for any comments
>
> regards
>
> Peter

Sharon Too
2003-10-10 22:33:32 EST
> any tearless human baby shampoo works great. Don't forget to use a
> conditioner.

Using human shampoos on dogs is a gamble. There's a good chance that they
will dry the skin. And formulas from one country to the next is
unpredictable. I suggest finding out what local groomers are using or just
asking a pet store or vet for recommendations. Call a vet's office - I'm
sure they would be happy to make reasonable recommendations.

-Sharon

-Sharon

Evelyn Usher
2003-10-11 15:14:21 EST
Hi there,

I used to breed Yorkshire Terrier now I have Maltese. I found using
baby shampoo and conditioner very good also at the moment I am using
Pantene shampoo and conditioner. I have also used an oat based one
which is good if the dog scratches a bit. Lidls do a nice one from
time to time.
--
Evelyn in Scotland.

Jokerpit
2003-10-12 10:34:51 EST
not true about baby shampoos or human conditioners you would do
much better with dawn dishwashing detergent....
"JustMel" <debragriffin@cox.net> wrote in message
: any tearless human baby shampoo works great. Don't forget to
use a
: conditioner.
: "Peter Richards" <none@none.net> wrote in message
: news:sqmeovkedf2rsbl1rk0s3f7jqslgrln8ge@4ax.com...
: > Can anyone recommend a good shampoo for a Yorkshire Terrier
here in
: > the UK.
: >
: > Many thanks for any comments
: >
: > regards
: >
: > Peter
:
:

Jokerpit
2003-10-12 10:35:30 EST
human products are not good for dog skin
"Evelyn Usher" <maltese@clara.co.uk> wrote in message
: Hi there,
:
: I used to breed Yorkshire Terrier now I have Maltese. I found
using
: baby shampoo and conditioner very good also at the moment I am
using
: Pantene shampoo and conditioner. I have also used an oat based
one
: which is good if the dog scratches a bit. Lidls do a nice one
from
: time to time.
: --
: Evelyn in Scotland.
:
:

Debbie
2003-10-12 13:33:43 EST

"Jokerpit" <BulldogJustice@pitbull.net> wrote in message
> human products are not good for dog skin

my vet recommends Johnsons baby shampoo.
To the OP . please don't crosspost

Jokerpit
2003-10-12 14:22:24 EST
and that makes it ok?
"Debbie" <debbie@nospam.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
:
:
: "Jokerpit" <BulldogJustice@pitbull.net> wrote in message
: news:4OGcnVvPk4Ex-xSiU-KYvw@comcast.com...
: > human products are not good for dog skin
:
: my vet recommends Johnsons baby shampoo.
: To the OP . please don't crosspost
: >
:
:

Debbie Ng
2003-10-15 09:05:14 EST
Oatmeal shampoo is always a good bet

Debb

--

No-one has a finer command of language than the person who keeps his mouth
shut.