Dog Discussion: Have Just Deleted All The Postings From The "puppy Wizzard"

Have Just Deleted All The Postings From The "puppy Wizzard"

Daniel Nielsen
2003-10-03 02:49:15 EST
Sorry Wizzard, gave u a chance.. but nothings yet been usefull, Real, or you
talking to anybody but yourself.
Have just deleted the wizzard\ufffds postings..
Over 100 hundred postings were from him, most of it was about him talking to
himself..!?
DN.

The Puppy Wizard
2003-10-03 04:42:24 EST

> It isn't as if anyone is birddogging your group or
engaging in malicious gossip.

Right! HOWE abHOWET HOWEtright LIES:

HOWEDY lying "I LOVE KOEHLER" lynn,

> It's a perfect example of this scenario.

You want a PERFECT EXXXAMPLE of your scenario?:

> Lynn K.

You're a goddamned liar and dog abuser and MENTAL CASE:

Llama Spit: "Huh? I've Never Reeled In A Dog In My Life.
I Don't Like The Long Line Method And Don't Use It -
Call The Pup, Reeling In If Necessary," lying "I LOVE
KOEHLER" lynn.

Date: 2001-10-22 10:48:55 PST

Hello People,

Here's lying "I LOVE KOEHLER" lynn double talking us again.

Ask her about PROOFING off lead. That ought to get her to
leave our friendly group of lying, dog abusing Thugs, like her
pal lyingdogDUMMY has. These dog abusers are very sensitive,
just like HOWER dogs.

"Jerry Howe" <jhowe2@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

> > The leash has nothing to do with the dog's ability to hear :-)
> Oh? That's not quite correct, lying "I LOVE KOEHLER" lynn,
> is it?

Why would you say that? Leashes impact hearing in Jerry-Science?

> > Seriously, the leash is a safety device only.
>
> Yes, and it's used for PROOFING as you like to call it.

Huh? Leashes have nothing to do with proofing, and by
the time you're proofing a command you should be doing
it offleash anyhow.

> > Something to keep the dog from running into the street
> > while he's learning.
>
> Learning to get reeled in.

Huh? I've never reeled in a dog in my life. I don't like
the long line method and don't use it.

> Your own dog Java, selectively bred, hand picked, tested,
> and trained to dismal failure by an incompetent Thug.

:-) Oh, you've met my Java? The same Java that maybe 25 people
on this newsgroup know? Funny, "dismal failure" is
a term I've never heard applied to him by any of the thousands
who have met him.

He was asked to lead a big community parade this coming
Sat., but maybe we should be too ashamed to show up, huh?

Do you have any dogs, Jerry?

Lynn K.

From: Lynn Kosmakos (lkosmakos@home.com)
Subject: Re: dog comes when he feels like it
Date: 1999/05/21

>"A.Waugh" wrote:
> Does this mean no trips to the fenced off-leash dog park ?
> At what age should a dog be trained 100% ?
> What about socialization?

I've found dog parks to be great places for proofing the
recall, even with young puppies. Let the pup play with
other pups, while on a long line.

Call the pup, reeling in if necessary, and praise the heck
out of him, then let him go play again.

The reason this works so well at the dog park is that the
pup learns that leaving the fun to obey the command
doesn't mean the fun is over. A very good thing
to learn early.

Lynn K

You got nerve, and I got time. j;~}

BEWWWAAAAAHAHAHAAAAAHAHAAAAA!!!

> lyinglynn writes to a new foster care giver:
> For barking in the crate - leave the leash on and
> pass it through the crate door. Attach a line to it.
> When he barks, use the line for a correction.
>
>>- if necessary, go to a citronella bark collar.
>>
>>Lynn K.
>
> ================
>
>>lynn kosmakos (Lithium, Zoloft, bipolar, manic,
>> depression) will "put down a biter
>> as fast as anyone" yet claims to
>> be a saintly dog rescuer
>
>>Lynn K. wrote:
>>
>>"I used to work the Kill Room as a volunteer in
>>one shelter.) But their ability to set their own
>>schedules and duties causes a great deal of
>>scheduling overhead.
>>
>>And it takes effort and thought to ensure that
>>volunteers get the meaningful experience that
>>they work for.
>>
>>Someone has to be responsible for that
>>Volunteer Program, and it is best done
>>by a non-volunteer."
>>
>>Lynn K.
>>---------------------------------
>>
>>"I worked with one shelter where I bathed and groomed
>>every adoptable dog on intake. I frankly felt that the
>>effort/benefit equation was not balanced for some of the
>>older/ill poodle/terrier mixes we got in badly matted condition.
>>
>>Should I have refused to groom them?
>>
>>Or even more pertinent - I was one of the people who
>>had to make the euthanasia decisions at that shelter."
>>
>>Lynn K.
>>--------------------------------------

Jules Beaudoin
2003-10-03 22:52:30 EST
I have determined that the best thing is to ignore all Puppy Wizard
postings. He ain't no puppy wizard in any way.

Me And Bobby Mcgee
2003-10-04 00:31:49 EST
Welocome to USENET (also known as Newsgroups). In almost every active
discussion group, there is at least one active "troll", or inflammatory
poster, who tries to get a rise out of the rest of the participants. In this
case, "TPW" seems to be a lonely soul who is pushing a rather rudimentary
device that is a "miracle cure" for all problems animal related.

He is a modern day charlatan- a snake oil salesman who is preying on the
fears and ignorance of the masses to sell his "miracle cure". Do yourself a
favor, and kill-file him. The signal-to-noise ratio here is much quieter
without his rhetoric.

The Puppy Wizard
2003-10-04 15:12:23 EST

"Jules Beaudoin" <cn8cg@ixpres.com> wrote in message
> I have determined that the best thing is to ignore all Puppy
Wizard
> postings. He ain't no puppy wizard in any way.

"misty" <Momisty@webtv.net wrote in message
news: 16990-3CAB1F8C-1@storefull-2293.public.lawson.webtv.net...

I don't now whether Peach is dead or alive. I do know she's
not here with us. I really can't blame anyone here for her loss.

I'm the one who ignored your advice. I did it because of how you
write/wrote. I was unwilling to accept the idea that my using a
shock collar could have any bearing on Peach not wanting to stay
home. Up until I started using it my main concern had been keeping

my dogs in their own yard.

Once I started using the e-fence... well, then my concern
became how to keep them from running off for days on end.

I lost valuable training time becoming embroiled in the anti-
shock debate and the "Jerry sux" tirades.

I lost one dog but I have the bestest dog in the world now
<g A Wits End Trained dog, one who is completely housetrained,
doesn't chew up stuff, stays in the yard, and doesn't bark all
the time. IOW a great companion and friend.

Thanks Jerry!

=====================

> We just installed a PetSafe brand fence this Spring. Two dogs,
> two collars We now have one dog and no collars.

> Peach and Zelda would run thru the fence, not want to come
> back in the yard and would run for days. The last time, Peach
> didn't come back home.

> I used the Wit's End Training Manual to learn how to train my
> dog. She is now border trained. A few minutes each day
> reinforces her desire to stay in the yard. She no longer runs
> out into the road, I can stop her from chasing cats and she no
> longer cringes when we walk around the yard.

> I can not say loud or long enough how much I hate the e-fence
> and its collars. If you can't get a regular fence then you need
> to train your dog. I will never rely on an electronic collar to
> keep my dog in our yard again.

> The price was too high:-(

> ~misty

--------------------------------

"JoeTheGuru" <joetheguru@hotmail.com.NOSPAM wrote in
message
news: 3cab77eb$0$9993$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au...

JERRY SAVE THIS LAD!!!!

or it could be a troll <are you a troll??
do not use it on your dog.....

would you use it on your best friend.....

I have read jerry's book, it seems too easy at first.
however I started to use some of the training out of it and now.

I have a dog that heels as fast as a collie in a
trial.<great dane X mastiff

I have a dog that stays and never leaves the spot.

I have a dog that comes when ever I call.

I have a dog that never leaves the yard, never runs away.

I have a dog that stands still to be washed
with the cold hose.

I have a dog that never pulls on
the lead when we walk.

I have a dog that puts up with more abuse then a
dog should from my 2 year old <and loves it

I have a dog that barks at the fence only when some ones there.

I have a dog that would not care less if there is
another dog in the park <only wants to be with and
please me though a lot of this is due to me training the dog
spending the time with the dog.

jerry's book showed me not to punish the dog. but
just to work with the dog. which I liked the idea of
hence why I tried it. it is easy to become
frustrated with a dog when you are trying to train
them.

I look forward to my next puppy <ban dog> so
I can use the information from jerry's book
and see just how good a dog can get.

the dog I have now was when I picked her up from
the RSPCA. she could not walk on a lead <no idea.
cowered from every noise <and wet her self, messed
in the house at every turn. acted like I was killing her
when I dragged her over to the mess.

this was A 6 month old pup that had been beaten
<2.5 feet to the shoulder. I could of taken her back
however I knew I could bring her back to being to
be a dog.

the dog I have now at 1.5 years <same dog is a dog
to be proud to walk down the street with <3 feet to
the shoulder and still growing.

so well behaved even when people walk passed with
a out of control dog. gentle with my child and trustworthy
< I never have to worry that my dog will bite her, only
have to worry if a stranger comes over to my child.
still that is not a worry, she places herself between my
child and the stranger.

I may be plugging jerry's book, however with the
crap out there it is good to see that someone has
moved forward. looked at a different way to train
dogs. yes he gets into people, and in their face
you should back off a little jerry however he is
sick of the bashing, choking, shocking, shaking
and everything else. so jerry save this lad from
ruining his dog. later, Joe

===================

"Charlie Wilkes" <charlie_wilkes@easynews.com wrote
in message
news: pjaootcg8dgrptuu96383933eqk2jjp7b2@4ax.com...

I read up on rotties, pitbulls, etc., and quite a
bit of the literature suggested I needed to assert
my dominance and "make the dog earn everything it
gets."

I tried this once or twice, just by taking a stern
tone of voice, and the results were terrible.
The pup got scared and just wanted to stay away from
me.

That's why I support Jerry Howe and his FREE
Wits' End Dog Training manual -- that and the fact
that Jerry is an all-around great guy.

The core takeaway I got from Jerry's manual is this:
make yourself the center of your puppy's world -
- his personal Lord Jesus. Never give him a reason
to fear you or think you're angry. Love the heck
out of him, and you'll end up with a great dog.

This has truly worked with my puppy. She'll do
anything I want her to, if she understands, because
she trusts me 100 percent, and nothing is more
important in her world than her relationship
with me. http://www.geocities.com/viscouspuppy
Charlie

=========================

<"Terri"@cyberhighway

> Hey, do like me, and killfile Jerry.
> He has millions of people aleady reading his posts and
> watching him extract his soggy foot out of his mouth!
> Out of these MILLIONS, I've only seen 2 naive childs
> come forward and actually believe in his training manual.

Robert Crim writes:

I assume that I and my wife are those two naive childs since
I freely admit to having read and, I hope, understood enough
of the manual and it's counterparts by John Fisher and the
posts of Marylin Rammell to believe and use it. This naive
child would like to say thank you to both Jerry and Marylin for
putting up with a constant barrage of really infantile crap at
the hands of supposedly adult dog lovers.

The other naive child (LSW) has to put up with the nagging
idea that if people like them had been posting earlier, maybe
we would not have had to hold the head of a really
magnificent animal in our arms while he was given the
needle and having to hug him and wait until he gasped
his last gasp.

To my mind, "naive" is believing you can terrorize a dog into
good behavior. Naive is believing that people that hide
behind fake names are more honest than people that use
their real names. Naive is thinking that dilettante dog
breeders and amateur "trainers" like Joey (lyingdogDUMMY,
j.h.) are the equal or better than those that have studied and
lived by their craft for decades.

"Stupid" is believing that people do not see kindergarten
level insults for what they are. Really stupid is believing that
people like Jerry Howe and Marylin Rammell are going to
just go away because you people act like fools. Why do you
act like fools? I really have no idea, and I don't really care.

> And, to date: I've not seen ONE come forward and actually
> admit to buying and having success with his little black
> box.

I think I'm going to get one myself for Father's day and take
it down to the Animal Shelter for their use and testing. You
would never believe the results, so you'll never know.

> Anyone by now that doesn't see a scam man coming by
> Jerry's posts deserves to get what is sure to be coming to
> him! LOL!

I don't see a "scam man", so I guess I and Longsuffering
Wife and Rollei will just have to get what we deserve, eh?
As Joey (Dogman) says, "poor Rollei.".......right.

>Terri

Yes it was, and that is sad.

Robert, Longsuffering Wife and Rollei (do I get to listen to the
box first?)

Hello People,

Robert Crim was a former Gang Of Thugs Member, and
hated me a much as the rest of our Thugs do. Robert was a
long time friend and prominent contributor to rpdb, till Jerry
came along and smartened him up. He learned the hard
way, and no longer posts to his former pals, because it is
just too painful knowing his pals would rather HURT and
KILL their dogs than to admit that JERRY is RIGHT.

"I know that most men, including those at ease with
problems of the greatest complexity, can seldom accept
even the simplest and most obvious truth if it would
oblige them to admit the falsity of conclusions which they
have delighted in explaining to colleagues, proudly
taught to others, and which they have woven, thread by
thread, into the fabric of their lives."
-Leo Tolstoy-

Is it any wonder that the following sig file has generated
more complaints to my personal email than any other
controversial post I have made to date, bar none?:

CAVEAT
If you have to do things to your dog to train him that you
would rather not have to do, then you shouldn't be doing
them. If you have a dog trainer who tells you to jerk your
dog around, choke him, pinch his ears, or twist his toes,
shock, shake, slap, scold, hit, chin cuff, scruff shake or
punish your dog in any manner, that corrections
are appropriate, that the dog won't think of you as the
punisher, or that corrections are not harmful, or if they
can't train your dog to do what you want, look for a
trainer that knows HOWE.

Thank you,
Jerry Howe,
Director of Research,
BIOSOUND Scientific
Director of Training,
Wits' End Dog Training
1611 24th St
Orlando, FL 32805
Phone: 1-407-425-5092
Phone: 1-888-BIOSOUND (1-888-246-7686)
Phone: 1-888-WITSEND (1-888-948-7363)
http://www.doggydoright.com

Nature, to be mastered, must be obeyed.
-Francis Bacon-

There are terrible people who, instead of solving a
problem, bungle it and make it more difficult for all who
come after. Who ever can't hit the nail on the head
should, please, not hit at all.
-Nietzsche-

The abilities to think, rationalize and solve problems are
learned qualities.

The Wits' End Dog Training Method challenges the learning
centers in the dogs brain. These centers, once challenged,
develop and continue to grow to make him smarter.

The Wits' End Dog Training method capitalizes on
praising split seconds of canine thought, strategy, and
timing, not mindless hours of forced repetition, constant
corrections, and scolding.
-Jerry Howe-

The Puppy Wizard. <}TPW ; ~ ) >

ANY QUESTIONS, DUMMIES?
,-._,-,
V)"(V
(_o_) Have a great day!
/ V)
(l l l) Your Puppy Wizzzard. <}YPW ; ~ } >
oo-oo

The Puppy Wizard
2003-10-04 15:15:14 EST

"Jules Beaudoin" <cn8cg@ixpres.com> wrote in message
> I have determined that the best thing is to ignore all Puppy
Wizard
> postings. He ain't no puppy wizard in any way.

HOWEDY People,

All dog behavior problems are caused by mishandling.

Rehabilitating problem dog behavior is EZ if you know HOWE.

The methods taught in The Puppy Wizzzard's FREE Wits'
End Dog Training Method Manual GUARANTEE NEAR
INSTANT 100% TOTAL CONTROL without fear, force,
confrontation, or physical restraint.

Here's one case history amongst dozens of IDENTICAL
case histories from novices and professional trainers of
twenty and thirty years experience alike:

>From Professora Linda Daniel and Sunshine:

"I Wrote To Purdue And Told Them Their Advice Did Not Work.
If I Had Not Found The Wits End Method I Know There Was No
Hope For Him And He Would Have Hurt Someone And Had To
Be Killed. I Wrote To Purdue And Told Them I Told Them Their
Advice Did Not Work. Sunshine's Still Acting Like A New Dog."

Sunshine is now 100% trustworthy off lead in public and is
about to enjoy doing THERAPY WORK with his nurse owner.
Professora Daniel and Sunshine are going to SUE Purdue
University and dra patricia mcconnel and their trainers for
MALPRACTICE, ANIMAL ABUSE, PUBIC ENDANGERMENT,
and FRAUD.

Everything we've been taught about dog behavior is DEAD WRONG.

"Linda" <llindaleedaniel@msn.com> wrote in message

> I have been trying for the last 18 months to help my
> dog who became fear aggressive at 18 month of age.
> I do not know what started the problem but he came
> aggressive first with dogs and then began lunging and
> snapping at people. Until this time he loved everyone
> and could play with any dog. He was well socialized
> ad I took him with me everywhere.
>
> At 13 months he passed the Canine Good Citizens
> Test except he could let me leave him. I had used
> clicker training to teach him manners and tricks but
> it was not working on his aggression problem.
>
> I took him to vets who suggested a low protein diet,
> trainers who charged $800 to only make him worse.
> They tried to use a prong collar and he froze, urinated
> and tried to climb on my head to help him. they then
> suggested a shock collar I knew this approach was not
> working as he was becoming more aggressive.
>
> I took him to an animal behaviorist with Ph.D. 400 miles
> away who told me to "KEEP HIM SAFE" and read a book
> on the fearful canine. I tried another trainer who tried to
> use a nylon chock collar but it only made him worse.
> I read hundreds of books,"CULTURE CLASH", "DOG
> ARE FROM NEPTUNE", "THE OTHER END OF THE
> LEASH", ETC looking for help. We finally went to Purdue
> University Small Animal Behavior Clinic and they said he had
> fear aggression, punishment would not work, use the gentle
> leader and when out walking and he got stressed have the
> people stop until he could get in control using treats,and work
> on clicker training.
>
> At that point I knew more about clicker training and using the
> gentle leader than they did! Nothing was working--he would
> not come when I called him and would run away when I tried
> to catch him. I was afraid to walk him even in the neighborhood
> as we had become that "mean dog and women who hasn't
> trained her dog"
>
> I went to four trainers in both Michigan and Florida who
> were trainer/specialists in aggression and the last two were
> so afraid of him they could not approach him. No one said
> I should give up on him and kill him but they would say
> "You have to realize he is dangerous and you are
> responsible for him."

You got LUCKY, Linda... They coulda got Sunshine
DEAD on us. Damned near did... too.

================================

From: Chris Williams (k9apple@webtv.net)
Subject: Re: Thank you Jerry Howe
Date: 2002-03-26 08:16:19 PST

Engrossing account, Anthony. Our best to Angel
and your family.

A friend, who socializes the kittens I've taken
from a feral cat colony, is using the DDR.

She reports far fewer panic problems than
she's had before.

============================

Chris Williams writes:

"The FREE Wits' End Dog Training Method manual
I do find valuable. Much of it I recognize as what
I've always done without thinking of it as "training".
New stuff, I've used. His anchoring technique erased
the last of Mac's fireworks trauma,"

====================

Jerry says:
HOWE'S the baby's seizures?

parentadlitem says:
better

Jerry says:
got any idea how much better?

parentadlitem says:
not really

parentadlitem says:
she doesn't do em here that i see

Jerry says:
amazing

Jerry says:
when's the last time she seized with you?

parentadlitem says:
weeks ago?

Jerry says:
but before the machine it was daily?

parentadlitem says:
every minute!

Jerry says:
does her mom use it at her HOWES?

parentadlitem says:
yup

parentadlitem says:
i yelled at her about it

Jerry says:
ask her when's the last time she saw a seizure for me

parentadlitem says:
k . she's sleepin now, ill talk to her tonight, she's comin
over

Jerry says:
yeah... that's pretty good stuff

parentadlitem says:
yup

parentadlitem says:
i love mine

parentadlitem says:
no barkin the neighborhood at all anymore

parentadlitem says:
ever

Jerry says:
right

parentadlitem says:
once in a blue moon some distant dog will bark

parentadlitem says:
but all the neighbors dogs are quiet

Jerry says:
when you hear that distant dog throw the machine on

parentadlitem says:
we do

parentadlitem says:
it's really rare though

=================

Subj: Fear of Thunder
Date: 6/29/02 6:07:13 PM Eastern Daylight Time
From: Jraltman
To: Witsenddog

Dear Jerry,

I hope you'll be able to post this message so more people who
are at their wit's end will be able to help their dogs.

To review:

Our puppy was uncomfortable during thunder storms.
At the beginning of the problem, she paced restlessly
from room to room. She couldn't settle and sleep.

>From there the problem grew. She would run to the
far southeast corner of the house (which makes
sense because most storms here come from the
northwest) and she'd cower in the corner of the
couch and shake.

1st attempt to help her:

I'd pick her up, brush and massage her (call me a nut -
I've sung to her when I've done her daily brushing since
she was tiny so of course I sang too) and when she
relaxed, I'd put her in her crate. She then slept and I
thought the problem was solved.

Traumatic event:

We were out in the park playing with one of her doggy
friends when it began to rain. On the way home, there
was the loudest, longest, thunder clap I've ever heard.
>From that day on, the problem got worse and worse.

I couldn't calm her with singing and massage. The
fear spread. She wouldn't go out if it was raining.
No thunder, just gently summer rain, and she
wouldn't go out.

The solution:

I surfed the net and came across a free manual Wit's
End Dog Training Method and a product called Doggy
Do Right that seemed better than anything else I came
across.

A phone call to Jerry Howe, author of the manual and
Director of Research, Biosound Scientific, convince
me to try both the manual and the product.

Problem solved:

I followed Jerry's suggestions (more phone calls - he
is most generous with his time and advice).

The first two thunder storms my puppy was restless but
not running around in a blind panic. The third storm, she
barked her deep, stranger danger bark after each clap of
thunder. The fourth storm, she seemed uneasy at first.

Soon she was asleep at my feet and she napped through
the rest of the storm. A miracle. I am endlessly grateful to
Jerry for his manual and his machine.

A word about Doggy Do Right. It is odd to buy a machine
that emits a sound I cannot hear. I took the chance because
Jerry offered a full refund including shipping.

Though I heard nothing, my puppy clearly did. When I first
turned on the machine, she got the cutest, most quizzical
look on her face. She looked at me as if to say: "What's
that? I never heard that before." She looks at the machine
when it is on.

She rests on the floor beneath it.

It is obvious from her behavior that she is aware of its
cycles.

Amazing.

Thank you Jerry.

=============

"misty" <Momisty@webtv.net> wrote in message
ebtv .net...
> Jerry sent me the DDR when I mentioned my cockatoo
> was stressed out by my then just learning to walk
> baby.

> Buddy was screaming day and night..lunging at Joey
> whenever he crawled up to Buddy's cage and nipping
> the baby ( if Buddy wanted to his beak is powerful
> enough to sever an adult's finger in one snap!) At
> first we noticed nothing... after a few days
> ..nothing..nothing except quiet :-)

> That's not to say Buddy never screams.. heh.. he'a a
> 'Too.. but the late night scream-a-thons ended.

> He also tolerates Joey playing in his water dish
> <sigh> just what I want...2 splashers! Buddy loves
> to bathe in his water until there's more water on
> the floor and walls than in his dish :-)

> Twice now Buddy has had marathon scream-a-thons...
> for a few days each time. It takes that long for me
> to realize the DDR is unplugged :-O
> Once cos DH did some maintenance and forgot to plug
> it back in ( of course he remembered to plug the
> washing machine back in ;-P)

> The second time I had unplugged it while
> sweeping...and forgot to plug it back in...

> We sure enjoy him being such a good bird! He's been
> so loving to everyone... my older 2 boys love being
> able to give him scritches again.

> ~misty

> (No, Jerry, you can't have the DDR back just yet! :-)

===================

Elaine McClung, President of Pet Rescue, Animal Commissioner
Brevard Co FL, writes: Sep 9, 2000

"I ordered from Jerry a long time ago.. He was helpful
and the order was filled promptly. Yes, Doggie Do Right
does indeed exist.

I "had" a very aggressive female Pit.. She was showing
aggression not only towards Dok, Rhodesian Ridgeback,
but our cats and even us.

She now plays with Dok, even to the point of allowing him
to take a toy or bone from her. She no longer shows any
aggression towards us. She is showing some aggression
towards the cats but that is down to a warning growl.

It is not just my opinion that all this aggression
existed before Doggie Do Right as we were advised by
three vets to euthanize her.

I do very much believe that DDR will help JR as I know it
has helped my dogs and cats. I do think your product is a
valuable tool in helping with aggression and other
behavior problems.

I am in Feral CatNetwork (we spay and neuter
approximately 100 feral cats a month), I am also a member
of a local AKC dog obedience club, member of a local AKC
agility club, president of Pet Rescue, board member of
the Alliance for Care and Welfare of Animals (on the
board are: county commissioner, vet. rep., rep. from AKC
dog club, CFA cat club, assistant County manager, head of
animal control, director of two different shelters, etc.)
and Space Coast Feline Network
http://www.spacecoastfelinenetwork.com

Thanks, Elaine,

===================

Hi Jerry,

I wrote to you a week or so ago about the unit. I have
since borrowed one from Elaine Mc Clung. She speaks very
highly of it.

So, I brought it home and plugged it in. Of course, I
wanted it to come on, all the barking stop, and have
every one immediately fall to the floor in little comas
for a few hours. Well, after I got all 27 of them to be
quiet, still no comas. But, it had only been 36 seconds
at that point. So, I gave it a little longer. Still no
comas. Was this really going to work? I mean, I do have
an unusual situation.

So, by bedtime, a few hours later. I started to notice
just how many were asleep already - with their feet in
the air! I started to have hope. During the night, all
was calm. In the morning when I got up, only a few of
them WALKED quietly to the door to go out. Not the usual
evacuation.

I had the unit from Sunday afternoon until Tuesday
Morning. I was certainly pleased with the night effect. I
wasn't so sure about the amount of the day time effect.
Until I took it back. Within half an hour, the monsters
had resurfaced. I wondered if I could break into Elaine's
house and if she would notice :)

I know another person who does dog rescue. She rescues
Beagles. She has 23 in an 1100 square foot house. God
bless her. She is interested to see if it will work for
her. I also spoke to someone else who does cat rescue,
and she is interested. The cat rescue people have monthly
meetings. Maybe Elaine could give a word or two about it.

So, if there are any words of advice you can send my way
about the best way to use it in my case, I would
appreciate it. I of course wanted to keep it on the
highest setting, but don't know if that is advised, even
with my situation of so many new ones coming and (too
few) going.

Also, how I and others can go about getting one, etc. I
think the vets should have the info in their offices. It
must help dogs with separation anxiety. My vet practices
homeopathic as well as traditional medicine, so I
would think it would be right up her alley.

Thank you.
Desiree M Webber
A New Leash On Life