Dog Discussion: Eating A (hot) Dog - Literally!

Eating A (hot) Dog - Literally!

L*@gmail.com
2005-12-30 16:57:22 EST
eating a (hot) dog - literally!

a new photo documentary:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/loupiote/sets/1652923/

please post comments on flickr pages, thanks.

B*@gmail.com
2005-12-30 19:03:59 EST
The info at your link says, in part:

Western culture considers that eating a dog is cruel, barbaric
and discusting (not illegal, though), but we have no problem
eating all other sorts of animals, as long as they are not called
pets.

Without commenting on what may or may not be legal in each of the
various Western cultures, I will comment that another link which may be
of interest is

http://www.chanrobles.com/republicactno8485.htm

This RP law does not criminalize the eating of dogs, but it does
criminalize the act of killing dogs for the purpose of eating them.

SECTION 6. It shall be unlawful for any person to torture any
animal, to neglect to provide adequate care, sustenance or
shelter, or maltreat any animal or to subject any dog or
horse to dogfights or horsefights, kill or cause or procure
to be tortured or deprived of adequate care, sustenance
or shelter, or maltreat or use the same in research or
experiments not expressly authorized by the Committee
on Animal Welfare.

The killing of any animal other than cattle pigs, goats,
sheep, poultry, rabbits, carabaos, horses, deer and
crocodiles is likewise hereby declared unlawful except
in the following instances:

(1) When it is done as part of the religious rituals of an
established religion or sect or a ritual required by tribal
or ethnic custom of indigenous cultural communities;
however, leaders shall keep records in cooperation
with the Committee on Animal Welfare;

(2) When the pet animal is afflicted with an incurable
communicable disease as determined and certified by
a duly licensed veterinarian;

(3) When the killing is deemed necessary to put an
end to the misery suffered by the animal as determined
and certified by a duly licensed veterinarian;

(4) When it is done to prevent an imminent danger to the
life or limb of a human being;

(5) When done for the purpose of animal population control;

( 6) When the animal is killed after it has been used in
authorized research or experiments; and

(7) Any other ground analogous to the foregoing as
determined and certified licensed veterinarian.

In all the above mentioned cases, including those of cattle,
pigs, goats, sheep, poultry, rabbits, carabaos, horses,
deer and crocodiles the killing of the animals shall be done
through humane procedures at all times.

For this purpose, humane procedures shall mean the use
of the most scientific methods available as may be
determined and approved by the committee.

Only those procedures approved by the Committee shall
be used in the killing of animals.

AFAICT, it is legal in the RP to cook and eat roadkill dogs.

JohnWesley
2005-12-30 21:59:28 EST
In article <1135979842.675602.250100@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
l*e@gmail.com says...
> eating a (hot) dog - literally!
>
> a new photo documentary:
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/loupiote/sets/1652923/
>
> please post comments on flickr pages, thanks.

YOU SICK BASTARD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big Jim
2005-12-31 01:17:49 EST
A Filipina friend of mine told me one day that she went to her uncle's house
for dinner. She said the meal was delicious and when she was finished she
had some bones she wanted to give to the dog.

She asked her uncle where the dog was. Her uncle told her that she had just
finished eating the dog.

It had been run over by a car earlier in the day and they decided to cook it
up for dinner.

<*l@gmail.com> wrote in message
> The info at your link says, in part:
>
> Western culture considers that eating a dog is cruel, barbaric
> and discusting (not illegal, though), but we have no problem
> eating all other sorts of animals, as long as they are not called
> pets.
>
> Without commenting on what may or may not be legal in each of the
> various Western cultures, I will comment that another link which may be
> of interest is
>
> http://www.chanrobles.com/republicactno8485.htm
>
> This RP law does not criminalize the eating of dogs, but it does
> criminalize the act of killing dogs for the purpose of eating them.
>
> SECTION 6. It shall be unlawful for any person to torture any
> animal, to neglect to provide adequate care, sustenance or
> shelter, or maltreat any animal or to subject any dog or
> horse to dogfights or horsefights, kill or cause or procure
> to be tortured or deprived of adequate care, sustenance
> or shelter, or maltreat or use the same in research or
> experiments not expressly authorized by the Committee
> on Animal Welfare.
>
> The killing of any animal other than cattle pigs, goats,
> sheep, poultry, rabbits, carabaos, horses, deer and
> crocodiles is likewise hereby declared unlawful except
> in the following instances:
>
> (1) When it is done as part of the religious rituals of an
> established religion or sect or a ritual required by tribal
> or ethnic custom of indigenous cultural communities;
> however, leaders shall keep records in cooperation
> with the Committee on Animal Welfare;
>
> (2) When the pet animal is afflicted with an incurable
> communicable disease as determined and certified by
> a duly licensed veterinarian;
>
> (3) When the killing is deemed necessary to put an
> end to the misery suffered by the animal as determined
> and certified by a duly licensed veterinarian;
>
> (4) When it is done to prevent an imminent danger to the
> life or limb of a human being;
>
> (5) When done for the purpose of animal population control;
>
> ( 6) When the animal is killed after it has been used in
> authorized research or experiments; and
>
> (7) Any other ground analogous to the foregoing as
> determined and certified licensed veterinarian.
>
> In all the above mentioned cases, including those of cattle,
> pigs, goats, sheep, poultry, rabbits, carabaos, horses,
> deer and crocodiles the killing of the animals shall be done
> through humane procedures at all times.
>
> For this purpose, humane procedures shall mean the use
> of the most scientific methods available as may be
> determined and approved by the committee.
>
> Only those procedures approved by the Committee shall
> be used in the killing of animals.
>
> AFAICT, it is legal in the RP to cook and eat roadkill dogs.

Tristan
2005-12-31 01:21:14 EST
> YOU SICK BASTARD!!!!!!!!!!!!

i think you should stick to cows :)

Sandman
2005-12-31 09:27:53 EST
Has anyone here heard of the book "DogEaters" by Jessica Hegedon?

Sandman

<*e@gmail.com> wrote in message
> eating a (hot) dog - literally!
>
> a new photo documentary:
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/loupiote/sets/1652923/
>
> please post comments on flickr pages, thanks.

Sandman
2005-12-31 09:27:53 EST
Those are some HUNNGGRY people, man!

Sandman

"JohnWesley" <johnwesley1987@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> In article <1135979842.675602.250100@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
> loupiote@gmail.com says...
> > eating a (hot) dog - literally!
> >
> > a new photo documentary:
> > http://www.flickr.com/photos/loupiote/sets/1652923/
> >
> > please post comments on flickr pages, thanks.
> >

> YOU SICK BASTARD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just JT
2005-12-31 19:20:33 EST

"JohnWesley" <johnwesley1987@yahoo.com> wrote:

>> a new photo documentary:
>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/loupiote/sets/1652923/
>>
>> please post comments on flickr pages, thanks.
>>

> YOU SICK BASTARD!!!!!!!!!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
People who are fond of steak may not necessarily like to see the cow....

--
DalubAsLongAsEatingPussyAin'tIllegalI'mGood

B*@gmail.com
2005-12-31 19:33:55 EST
> Yes but, from the reviews, it does not appear to be a treatise about persons who eat dogs.

see
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1559362154/qid=1136075138/sr=8-2/ref=pd_bbs_2/103-9363476-0209414?n=507846&s=books&v=glance

You might give a listen to the Dennis Miller rant "The Rant Zone",
described as "An All-Out Blitz Against Soul-Sucking Jobs, Twisted
Child Stars, Holistic Loons, and People Who Eat Their Dogs"

see
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0694526495/qid=1136075430/sr=1-6/ref=sr_1_6/103-9363476-0209414?s=books&v=glance&n=283155

Michael A. Ball
2005-12-31 20:56:51 EST
On Sun, 1 Jan 2006 11:20:33 +1100, "Just JT" <JohnnyThor@Hotmale.Com> wrote:

>People who are fond of steak may not necessarily like to see the cow....

I guarantee less beef would be eaten, if the public knew all the details of slaughtering.

Experience is something you don't get--until just after you need it.