Dog Discussion: Learn To Bark

Learn To Bark

IV
2003-09-29 16:35:48 EST
I'd like to make my dog to bark on command.

Any Advices ?

Thanks !!!

Daniel Nielsen
2003-09-30 04:57:40 EST
Here is how i did it..
Hold a treat or the dogs favorite toy. The dog will try anything to get it,
even bark, and then u will reward the dog, by giving the treat or the toy to
it. when u have done this exercise 10 - 20 times depending on which dog u
got, u can begin to attach a word to it, fx. "Bark, or any word u want..
it\ufffds the same way u teach a dog to sit..
DN..

"iV" <hello@hotmail.com> skrev i en meddelelse
> I'd like to make my dog to bark on command.
>
> Any Advices ?
>
> Thanks !!!

Culprit
2003-09-30 11:20:58 EST

"Daniel Nielsen" <120104152372@esenet.dk> wrote in message
> Here is how i did it..
> Hold a treat or the dogs favorite toy. The dog will try anything to get
it,
> even bark, and then u will reward the dog, by giving the treat or the toy
> it. when u have done this exercise 10 - 20 times depending on which dog u
> got, u can begin to attach a word to it, fx. "Bark, or any word u want..
> it\ufffds the same way u teach a dog to sit..
> DN..

this works well, if you can make your dog bark. my dog doesn't bark much,
so i had to encourage her a bit. i'd get her all excited (with a toy or
treat or something), then i'd bark at her. she kind of looked at me funny
at first, but then she started to bark back. then i cued it to a word, just
like you describe above.

-kelly

Eliska
2003-10-01 11:59:27 EST
On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 08:20:58 -0700, "culprit" <culprit00@msn.com> wrote:

>"Daniel Nielsen" <120104152372@esenet.dk> wrote in message
>> Here is how i did it..
>> Hold a treat or the dogs favorite toy. The dog will try anything to get
>it,
>> even bark, and then u will reward the dog, by giving the treat or the toy
>> it. when u have done this exercise 10 - 20 times depending on which dog u
>> got, u can begin to attach a word to it, fx. "Bark, or any word u want..
>> it´s the same way u teach a dog to sit..
>> DN..
>
>this works well, if you can make your dog bark. my dog doesn't bark much,
>so i had to encourage her a bit. i'd get her all excited (with a toy or
>treat or something), then i'd bark at her. she kind of looked at me funny
>at first, but then she started to bark back. then i cued it to a word, just
>like you describe above.
>
>-kelly

I had to teach my First Dog to bark to go outside. All he did was blow air or a make a
very soft bouf!. sometimes he'd come and bink my knee with his nose : )

I did it in a similar manner

I would stand by the door and ask - Go outside? - wait til he wiggled or bouffed, then I'd
ask again and follow it with my own loud single bark.

He caught on pretty quickly
________________________________

Eliska

http://www.ArtChiK.com

Portraits of Pets and People
Caricature Entertainment

Remove all REMOVE to reply

The Puppy Wizard
2003-10-01 13:55:19 EST
HOWEDY Daniel,

Withholding bribes to elicit a behavior teaches greed and mistrust
and
raises anxiety to a dangerHOWES level and is CONtraWIZE to
appupriate
handling and training.

The Puppy Wizard. <} ; ~ ) >

"Daniel Nielsen" <120104152372@esenet.dk> wrote in message
> Here is how i did it..
> Hold a treat or the dogs favorite toy. The dog will try anything
to get it,
> even bark, and then u will reward the dog, by giving the treat
or the toy to
> it. when u have done this exercise 10 - 20 times depending on
which dog u
> got, u can begin to attach a word to it, fx. "Bark, or any word
u want..
> it\ufffds the same way u teach a dog to sit..
> DN..
>
> "iV" <hello@hotmail.com> skrev i en meddelelse
> > I'd like to make my dog to bark on command.
> >
> > Any Advices ?
> >
> > Thanks !!!

IV
2003-10-02 14:10:48 EST

"The Puppy Wizard" <ThePuppyWizard@earthlink.net> a \ufffdcrit dans le message de
news: byEeb.3340$f11.2831@newsread1.news.atl.earthlink.net...
> HOWEDY Daniel,
>
> Withholding bribes to elicit a behavior teaches greed and mistrust
> and
> raises anxiety to a dangerHOWES level and is CONtraWIZE to
> appupriate
> handling and training.
>
> The Puppy Wizard. <} ; ~ ) >

So Mr. puppy, how do YOU do train your dog to bark by command ?

> "Daniel Nielsen" <120104152372@esenet.dk> wrote in message
> > Here is how i did it..
> > Hold a treat or the dogs favorite toy. The dog will try anything
> to get it,
> > even bark, and then u will reward the dog, by giving the treat
> or the toy to
> > it. when u have done this exercise 10 - 20 times depending on
> which dog u
> > got, u can begin to attach a word to it, fx. "Bark, or any word
> u want..
> > it\ufffds the same way u teach a dog to sit..
> > DN..
> >
> > "iV" <hello@hotmail.com> skrev i en meddelelse
> > > I'd like to make my dog to bark on command.
> > >
> > > Any Advices ?
> > >
> > > Thanks !!!

The Puppy Wizard
2003-10-02 17:31:53 EST
It's all in your FREE copy of The Puppy Wizard's FREE WWW
Wits' End Dog Training Method Manual.

The Puppy Wizard. <} ; ~ ) >

"iV" <hello@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "The Puppy Wizard" <ThePuppyWizard@earthlink.net> a \ufffdcrit dans
le message de
> news: byEeb.3340$f11.2831@newsread1.news.atl.earthlink.net...
> > HOWEDY Daniel,
> >
> > Withholding bribes to elicit a behavior teaches greed and
mistrust
> > and
> > raises anxiety to a dangerHOWES level and is CONtraWIZE to
> > appupriate
> > handling and training.
> >
> > The Puppy Wizard. <} ; ~ ) >
> >

> So Mr. puppy, how do YOU do train your dog to bark by command ?
>

> > "Daniel Nielsen" <120104152372@esenet.dk> wrote in message
> > > Here is how i did it..
> > > Hold a treat or the dogs favorite toy. The dog will try
anything
> > to get it,
> > > even bark, and then u will reward the dog, by giving the
treat
> > or the toy to
> > > it. when u have done this exercise 10 - 20 times depending
on
> > which dog u
> > > got, u can begin to attach a word to it, fx. "Bark, or any
word
> > u want..
> > > it\ufffds the same way u teach a dog to sit..
> > > DN..
> > >
> > > "iV" <hello@hotmail.com> skrev i en meddelelse

IV
2003-10-02 18:20:57 EST
And where can we find this beauty ?

"The Puppy Wizard" <ThePuppyWizard@earthlink.net> a \ufffdcrit dans le message de
news: dP0fb.11725$f11.6502@newsread1.news.atl.earthlink.net...
> It's all in your FREE copy of The Puppy Wizard's FREE WWW
> Wits' End Dog Training Method Manual.
>
> The Puppy Wizard. <} ; ~ ) >
>
> "iV" <hello@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "The Puppy Wizard" <ThePuppyWizard@earthlink.net> a \ufffdcrit dans
> le message de
> > news: byEeb.3340$f11.2831@newsread1.news.atl.earthlink.net...
> > > HOWEDY Daniel,
> > >
> > > Withholding bribes to elicit a behavior teaches greed and
> mistrust
> > > and
> > > raises anxiety to a dangerHOWES level and is CONtraWIZE to
> > > appupriate
> > > handling and training.
> > >
> > > The Puppy Wizard. <} ; ~ ) >
> > >

> > So Mr. puppy, how do YOU do train your dog to bark by command ?
> >

> > > "Daniel Nielsen" <120104152372@esenet.dk> wrote in message
> anything
> > > to get it,
> treat
> > > or the toy to
> on
> > > which dog u
> word
> > > u want..

Unsurreality
2003-10-02 22:15:12 EST

> And where can we find this beauty ?

You don't want to.

The Puppy Wizard
2003-10-02 23:24:45 EST

"iV" <hello@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> And where can we find this beauty ?

HOWEDY Tony,

"GreaseBall Italian" <ItalianGreaseball@myPaisan.com> wrote in
message news:344500f.0309290657.4fa34eb7@posting.google.com...

> I have a 3 year old American Pit Bull Terrier that was
> constantly pissing and marking my home.

You mean he was indiscriminately relieving hisself
all over your HOWES. HOWEsbreaking is INSTINCTIVE.

Dogs do not have HOWEsbreaking problems, they're
UNABLE to control themselves because of ANXIHOWSNESS.

> I tried all of the commercial training methods.

The Puppy Wizard MOCKS traditional trainers and
behaviorISTS, eh professor SCRUFF SHAKE?

> Nothing worked.

INDEEDY. That's on accHOWENT of traditional
methods are OPPOSITIONAL and CONfrontational
and DETRIMENTAL to health and emotional well
being and are CONtraWIZE to human decency,
morals, ethics, and priniciples, eh disciple cad?

> I hired a professional trainer.

The Puppy Wizard will be GLAD to offer EXXXPERT
WITNESS TESTIMONY if you'd like to get your hard
earned dough back.

> Nothing worked.

INDEEDY. The Puppy Wizard's FREE WWW Wits'
End Dog Training Method Manual Students REPORT
100% TOTAL NEAR INSTANT SUCCESS, maybe
even FASTER.

> I sought advice on Usenet.

>From HOWER Gang Of Lying Dog Abusing Punk
Thug Cowards and CERTIFIED MENTAL CASES???

BEEEWWWAAAAAHAHAHAAAHAHAAAA!!!

> Nothing worked

INDEEDY. We've hear this story cHOWENTLESS TIMES.

HOWER DOG LOVERS call The Puppy Wizard's FREE
WWW Wits' End Dog Training Method Manual Students
LIARS, PAID SHILLS, and FORGERIES by The Puppy
Wizard.

The Puppy Wizard has IDENTIFIED, EXXXPOSED and
DISCREDITED them cHOWENTLESS times, but like
street urchin Thugs, they HAVE NO SHAME and CONtinue
DESPITE KNOWING they've been EXXXPOSED and
CAUGHT IN THE ACT of LYING to DEFEND their alleged
RIGHT to HURT INTIMIDATE and KILL dogs as they see fit.

> until I found the free training manual of Jerry Howe in
> Florida, AKA The Puppy Wizard.

INDEEDY. If The Puppy Wizard FAILS to train a dog
HE'LL GET THE HEEL HOWETA THIS BUSINESS.

But The Puppy Wizard cannot do it withHOWET YOUR HELP.
You've got to follow the instructions PRECISELY and ASK
FOR HELP if you experience difficulty. There's NO dog
who cannot be trained to acceptable levels of discipline
if we follow the SCIENTIFICE and PSYCHOLOGICAL
techniques EXXXACTLY.

> Let me tell you all that my dog did a complete 180
> degree turn.

INDEEDY. As ALL The Puppy Wizard's FREE WWW
Wits' End Dog Training Method Manual Students
REPORT RIGHT HERE... you know, the WONS HOWER
DOG LOVERS CALL LIARS.

That'd be YOU, Tony.... HOWE'S THAT FEEL?

The Puppy Wizard has been maligned and called
a LIAR for five solid years, Tony. The Puppy Wizard
has PLANS, Tony. The Puppy Wizard is abHOWET
to drop the hammer on the entire goddamned industry
all a WONCE.

> The dog has not pissed or shit in my home ever since!

As it should be is HOWE IT IS.

> I just wanted to pass this on as a public service!

Thank you, Tony.

The Puppy Wizard will be looking forward to a
lecture series on dog and child rearing come
the new year with HIS associate Dr. George
Von Hilshiemer.

The Puppy Wizard hopes to meet you and your
family at a location near you.

All the best.

The Puppy Wizard. <} ; ~ ) >

"misty" <Momisty@webtv.net wrote in message
news: 16990-3CAB1F8C-1@storefull-2293.public.lawson.webtv.net...

I don't now whether Peach is dead or alive. I do know she's
not here with us. I really can't blame anyone here for her loss.

I'm the one who ignored your advice. I did it because of how you
write/wrote. I was unwilling to accept the idea that my using a
shock collar could have any bearing on Peach not wanting to stay
home. Up until I started using it my main concern had been keeping
my dogs in their own yard.

Once I started using the e-fence... well, then my concern
became how to keep them from running off for days on end.

I lost valuable training time becoming embroiled in the anti-
shock debate and the "Jerry sux" tirades.

I lost one dog but I have the bestest dog in the world now
<g A Wits End Trained dog, one who is completely housetrained,
doesn't chew up stuff, stays in the yard, and doesn't bark all
the time. IOW a great companion and friend.

Thanks Jerry!

=====================

> We just installed a PetSafe brand fence this Spring. Two dogs,
> two collars We now have one dog and no collars.

> Peach and Zelda would run thru the fence, not want to come
> back in the yard and would run for days. The last time, Peach
> didn't come back home.

> I used the Wit's End Training Manual to learn how to train my
> dog. She is now border trained. A few minutes each day
> reinforces her desire to stay in the yard. She no longer runs
> out into the road, I can stop her from chasing cats and she no
> longer cringes when we walk around the yard.

> I can not say loud or long enough how much I hate the e-fence
> and its collars. If you can't get a regular fence then you need
> to train your dog. I will never rely on an electronic collar to
> keep my dog in our yard again.

> The price was too high:-(

> ~misty

--------------------------------

"JoeTheGuru" <joetheguru@hotmail.com.NOSPAM wrote in
message
news: 3cab77eb$0$9993$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au...

JERRY SAVE THIS LAD!!!!

or it could be a troll <are you a troll??
do not use it on your dog.....

would you use it on your best friend.....

I have read jerry's book, it seems too easy at first.
however I started to use some of the training out of it and now.

I have a dog that heels as fast as a collie in a
trial.<great dane X mastiff

I have a dog that stays and never leaves the spot.

I have a dog that comes when ever I call.

I have a dog that never leaves the yard, never runs away.

I have a dog that stands still to be washed
with the cold hose.

I have a dog that never pulls on
the lead when we walk.

I have a dog that puts up with more abuse then a
dog should from my 2 year old <and loves it

I have a dog that barks at the fence only when some ones there.

I have a dog that would not care less if there is
another dog in the park <only wants to be with and
please me though a lot of this is due to me training the dog
spending the time with the dog.

jerry's book showed me not to punish the dog. but
just to work with the dog. which I liked the idea of
hence why I tried it. it is easy to become
frustrated with a dog when you are trying to train
them.

I look forward to my next puppy <ban dog> so
I can use the information from jerry's book
and see just how good a dog can get.

the dog I have now was when I picked her up from
the RSPCA. she could not walk on a lead <no idea.
cowered from every noise <and wet her self, messed
in the house at every turn. acted like I was killing her
when I dragged her over to the mess.

this was A 6 month old pup that had been beaten
<2.5 feet to the shoulder. I could of taken her back
however I knew I could bring her back to being to
be a dog.

the dog I have now at 1.5 years <same dog is a dog
to be proud to walk down the street with <3 feet to
the shoulder and still growing.

so well behaved even when people walk passed with
a out of control dog. gentle with my child and trustworthy
< I never have to worry that my dog will bite her, only
have to worry if a stranger comes over to my child.
still that is not a worry, she places herself between my
child and the stranger.

I may be plugging jerry's book, however with the
crap out there it is good to see that someone has
moved forward. looked at a different way to train
dogs. yes he gets into people, and in their face
you should back off a little jerry however he is
sick of the bashing, choking, shocking, shaking
and everything else. so jerry save this lad from
ruining his dog. later, Joe

===================

"Charlie Wilkes" <charlie_wilkes@easynews.com wrote
in message
news: pjaootcg8dgrptuu96383933eqk2jjp7b2@4ax.com...

I read up on rotties, pitbulls, etc., and quite a
bit of the literature suggested I needed to assert
my dominance and "make the dog earn everything it
gets."

I tried this once or twice, just by taking a stern
tone of voice, and the results were terrible.
The pup got scared and just wanted to stay away from
me.

That's why I support Jerry Howe and his FREE
Wits' End Dog Training manual -- that and the fact
that Jerry is an all-around great guy.

The core takeaway I got from Jerry's manual is this:
make yourself the center of your puppy's world -
- his personal Lord Jesus. Never give him a reason
to fear you or think you're angry. Love the heck
out of him, and you'll end up with a great dog.

This has truly worked with my puppy. She'll do
anything I want her to, if she understands, because
she trusts me 100 percent, and nothing is more
important in her world than her relationship
with me. http://www.geocities.com/viscouspuppy
Charlie

=========================

<"Terri"@cyberhighway

> Hey, do like me, and killfile Jerry.
> He has millions of people aleady reading his posts and
> watching him extract his soggy foot out of his mouth!
> Out of these MILLIONS, I've only seen 2 naive childs
> come forward and actually believe in his training manual.

Robert Crim writes:

I assume that I and my wife are those two naive childs since
I freely admit to having read and, I hope, understood enough
of the manual and it's counterparts by John Fisher and the
posts of Marylin Rammell to believe and use it. This naive
child would like to say thank you to both Jerry and Marylin for
putting up with a constant barrage of really infantile crap at
the hands of supposedly adult dog lovers.

The other naive child (LSW) has to put up with the nagging
idea that if people like them had been posting earlier, maybe
we would not have had to hold the head of a really
magnificent animal in our arms while he was given the
needle and having to hug him and wait until he gasped
his last gasp.

To my mind, "naive" is believing you can terrorize a dog into
good behavior. Naive is believing that people that hide
behind fake names are more honest than people that use
their real names. Naive is thinking that dilettante dog
breeders and amateur "trainers" like Joey (lyingdogDUMMY,
j.h.) are the equal or better than those that have studied and
lived by their craft for decades.

"Stupid" is believing that people do not see kindergarten
level insults for what they are. Really stupid is believing that
people like Jerry Howe and Marylin Rammell are going to
just go away because you people act like fools. Why do you
act like fools? I really have no idea, and I don't really care.

> And, to date: I've not seen ONE come forward and actually
> admit to buying and having success with his little black
> box.

I think I'm going to get one myself for Father's day and take
it down to the Animal Shelter for their use and testing. You
would never believe the results, so you'll never know.

> Anyone by now that doesn't see a scam man coming by
> Jerry's posts deserves to get what is sure to be coming to
> him! LOL!

I don't see a "scam man", so I guess I and Longsuffering
Wife and Rollei will just have to get what we deserve, eh?
As Joey (Dogman) says, "poor Rollei.".......right.

>Terri

Yes it was, and that is sad.

Robert, Longsuffering Wife and Rollei (do I get to listen to the
box first?)

Hello People,

Robert Crim was a former Gang Of Thugs Member, and
hated me a much as the rest of our Thugs do. Robert was a
long time friend and prominent contributor to rpdb, till Jerry
came along and smartened him up. He learned the hard
way, and no longer posts to his former pals, because it is
just too painful knowing his pals would rather HURT and
KILL their dogs than to admit that JERRY is RIGHT.

"I know that most men, including those at ease with
problems of the greatest complexity, can seldom accept
even the simplest and most obvious truth if it would
oblige them to admit the falsity of conclusions which they
have delighted in explaining to colleagues, proudly
taught to others, and which they have woven, thread by
thread, into the fabric of their lives."
-Leo Tolstoy-

Is it any wonder that the following sig file has generated
more complaints to my personal email than any other
controversial post I have made to date, bar none?:

CAVEAT
If you have to do things to your dog to train him that you
would rather not have to do, then you shouldn't be doing
them. If you have a dog trainer who tells you to jerk your
dog around, choke him, pinch his ears, or twist his toes,
shock, shake, slap, scold, hit, chin cuff, scruff shake or
punish your dog in any manner, that corrections
are appropriate, that the dog won't think of you as the
punisher, or that corrections are not harmful, or if they
can't train your dog to do what you want, look for a
trainer that knows HOWE.

Thank you,
Jerry Howe,
Director of Research,
BIOSOUND Scientific
Director of Training,
Wits' End Dog Training
1611 24th St
Orlando, FL 32805
Phone: 1-407-425-5092
Phone: 1-888-BIOSOUND (1-888-246-7686)
Phone: 1-888-WITSEND (1-888-948-7363)
http://www.doggydoright.com

Nature, to be mastered, must be obeyed.
-Francis Bacon-

There are terrible people who, instead of solving a
problem, bungle it and make it more difficult for all who
come after. Who ever can't hit the nail on the head
should, please, not hit at all.
-Nietzsche-

The abilities to think, rationalize and solve problems are
learned qualities.

The Wits' End Dog Training Method challenges the learning
centers in the dogs brain. These centers, once challenged,
develop and continue to grow to make him smarter.

The Wits' End Dog Training method capitalizes on
praising split seconds of canine thought, strategy, and
timing, not mindless hours of forced repetition, constant
corrections, and scolding.
-Jerry Howe-

The Puppy Wizard. <}TPW ; ~ ) >

ANY QUESTIONS, DUMMIES?
,-._,-,
V)"(V
(_o_) Have a great day!
/ V)
(l l l) Your Puppy Wizzzard. <}YPW ; ~ } >
oo-oo