Dog Discussion: Cold_Blooded_white_people_Catching_sharks_with_live_dogs_on_Réunion?

Cold_Blooded_white_people_Catching_sharks_with_live_dogs_on_Réunion?

Y. H. Park
2005-10-01 08:38:32 EST
Catching sharks with live dogs on Réunion
http://www.rspca.org.uk/servlet/Satellite?pagename=RSPCA/RSPCARedirect&pg=sharkbait

picture :
http://tinypic.com/e67xi0.jpg

Poor cats and Dogs

George Firestone
2005-10-01 09:26:54 EST
You mean that other races don't commit heinous and barbaric acts too?

"Y. H. Park" <yparkrrhad@yahoo.com> wrote in message
Catching sharks with live dogs on R\ufffdunion
http://www.rspca.org.uk/servlet/Satellite?pagename=RSPCA/RSPCARedirect&pg=sharkbait

picture :
http://tinypic.com/e67xi0.jpg

Poor cats and Dogs

Bitter Anko Takada
2005-10-01 11:38:45 EST

Y. H. Park のメッセージ:

> Catching sharks with live dogs on Réunion
> http://www.rspca.org.uk/servlet/Satellite?pagename=RSPCA/RSPCARedirect&pg=sharkbait
>
> picture :
> http://tinypic.com/e67xi0.jpg
>
> Poor cats and Dogs

Koreans like YHpark eat dogs and the Chinese eat cats. They are also
cruel assholes.

FED UP
2005-10-01 14:19:21 EST
Can't anyone see that the photo is fake ??

You know you people had better join the computer age.
Step one...learn what can be done with some of the image manipulating
software available today.

V*@lycos.com
2005-10-01 18:32:37 EST
To bad none of you are concerned with the cruelty only an opportunity
to vent racial nonsense.

The Island was uninhabited until the 17th century. It is composed of
immigrates from French, Africans, Chinese, Malays, and Malabar Indians.

So which racial group is involved?

The story is true but apparently not a normal practice of the people on
the island... a short internet search shows...

Brigitte Bardot, the 1950s and 1960s film star turned animal rights
campaigner, has called on the French government to halt the reported
use by fishermen on the island of Reunion of live puppies and kittens
as shark bait.
"It is imperative that the government does something to end this
practice," she said in a letter to the minister for French overseas
territories, Francois Baroin, a copy of which was given to AFP
Thursday.
According to Clicanoo, a newspaper in Reunion, a French island located
in the Indian Ocean, a six-month-old puppy was found last month with
hooks implanted in its snout and one of its legs.
The French Society for the Protection of Animals (SPA) told the daily
the dog was the victim of cruel fishermen who attract sharks by
throwing puppies or kittens into the water, tied to fishing lines, and
wait for the predators to swallow the thrashing animals.
"We don't see that every day, but it's not the first time, either,"
Marie-Annick Chantrel, the vice-president of the Reunion branch of the
SPA, told Clicanoo. "We've already seen cats six or seven months old
with hooks in them."
Bardot told Baroin that "unfortunately these are not isolated
incidents, and the people of Reunion are the first to be horrified by
this despicable barbarity which mars the image of their island."
The campaigner, who runs an animal defence association, said she had
written to authorities on the island to have them put a stop to the
crime.
(Yahoo News)

http://www.seashepherd.org/news/media_050818_1.html

http://www.fondationbrigittebardot.fr/site/fbb_a.php?IdPere=198&Id=198

Hans Müller
2005-10-02 05:43:05 EST
that must be a fake, what's the use of a hook ? I remember seeing photos of
the rest of the animals after a shark attack, the head was always left

V*@lycos.com
2005-10-02 16:51:46 EST
Hans Müller wrote:
> that must be a fake, what's the use of a hook ? I remember seeing photos of
> the rest of the animals after a shark attack, the head was always left

Visit the urls and read the responses from various groups...

2005-10-03 10:05:05 EST

bitter anko Takada wrote:
>They are also cruel assholes.

Anything not poisonous is potentially eatable, and has nothing to do
with moral, nor with cruelty, just with local availability and habits,
yet there is not so much flesh in a hole, all around the world :-)

Chinese and North Coreans are somewhat different, as much as Japanese
are to Chinese and North Coreans. For Western / Christian minds, you
have all similar crual cultural traits.

So have we in your eyes.

Life is such that all beings have to feed themselves and hence is a
bait to one another.