Dog Discussion: Dog Pee On My Carpet!

Dog Pee On My Carpet!

Bandabee
2003-09-26 11:54:09 EST
What's the best solution to getting rid of Dog Pee on my carpets (and cloth
furniture, and clothes, and other porous items)? What's your favourite
brand of cleaner?

My dog is a pomeranian. (Aren't they supposed to be kind of stupid when it
comes to washroom etiquette) And i think he's sort of incontinent, or just
REALLY EASILY excitable, and then he drips if he's too excited. We got him
from an owner who kept him in a cage. (so we think he might be neurotic).

Sometimes he stares at us, and then we're smart enough to figure out that he
wants to go outside. Sometimes he just doesn't make any indication and just
goes somewhere, even in front of us!

Today he just lifted his leg in front of me and peed by the door, then ran
under the bed.

I've tried FEBREZE, which only gets rid of some of the smell.

I'm almost finished with the 'SHOUT CARPET' which i don't think it even does
anything. Still got yellow stains and bad smell.

I've tried something called 'ODOR DISPOSERS-HOUSEBREAKING AID' which u spray
somewhere and the dog is supposed to want to pee there. And this product
seems to have absolutely NO effect whatsoever.

ARRRRRR I'm dying in a pit of DOG PEE SMELL!!!!!

S*@Stanford.EDU
2003-09-26 12:08:23 EST
"bandabee" <banXdabee@yahoo.com> writes:

> What's the best solution to getting rid of Dog Pee on my carpets (and cloth
> furniture, and clothes, and other porous items)? What's your favourite
> brand of cleaner?

I use Nature's Miracle. There are supposedly enzymes that should help
neutralize the smell of the urine. It seems to work really well. You
can get it at Petsmart or Petco (and other pet shops, I'm sure).

Alice

Child
2003-09-26 12:22:43 EST
"bandabee" <banXdabee@yahoo.com> wrote in

> What's the best solution to getting rid of Dog Pee on my carpets (and
> cloth furniture, and clothes, and other porous items)? What's your
> favourite brand of cleaner?
>
> My dog is a pomeranian. (Aren't they supposed to be kind of stupid
> when it comes to washroom etiquette) And i think he's sort of
> incontinent, or just REALLY EASILY excitable, and then he drips if
> he's too excited. We got him from an owner who kept him in a cage.
> (so we think he might be neurotic).
>
> Sometimes he stares at us, and then we're smart enough to figure out
> that he wants to go outside. Sometimes he just doesn't make any
> indication and just goes somewhere, even in front of us!
>
> Today he just lifted his leg in front of me and peed by the door, then
> ran under the bed.
>
> I've tried FEBREZE, which only gets rid of some of the smell.
>
> I'm almost finished with the 'SHOUT CARPET' which i don't think it
> even does anything. Still got yellow stains and bad smell.
>
> I've tried something called 'ODOR DISPOSERS-HOUSEBREAKING AID' which u
> spray somewhere and the dog is supposed to want to pee there. And
> this product seems to have absolutely NO effect whatsoever.
>
> ARRRRRR I'm dying in a pit of DOG PEE SMELL!!!!!

I like a product called "Simple Solution" or another called "Natures
Miracle". Both have an enzyme that basically make the pee into
something else. It might take several applications to fully get rid of
deep dried urine stain - but if you douse the stain in the stuff, put a
folded towel on it with some large books to weight it down overnight, it
usually comes up with one application. The smell will go away.

--
BethF, Anchorage, AK

It's YOUR God.
They are YOUR rules.
YOU burn in hell.

The Puppy Wizard
2003-09-26 12:25:58 EST
HOWEDY bandabee,

SHOWENDS like your dog is anxiHOWES. HOWEver, urinating in front
of
you is often a sign he's got a urinary tract infection, although
the "dribbling"
sHOWENDS like submissive urination.

Study your FREE copy of The Puppy Wizard's FREE WWW Wits' End
Dog Training Method Manual and do ALL the exercises as instructed
and you'll CURE these problems in WON or two days. FAILING THAT,
you'd be WIZE to have his urine checked. But do the training
first, cause
that's PROBABLY his ONLY problem.

From: Chris Williams (k9apple@webtv.net)
Subject: Re: Thank you Jerry Howe
Date: 2002-03-26 08:16:19 PST

Engrossing account, Anthony. Our best to Angel
and your family.

A friend, who socializes the kittens I've taken
from a feral cat colony, is using the DDR.

She reports far fewer panic problems than
she's had before.

============================

From: Becky (BeckySiz@new.rr.com)
Subject: Re: Crate Anxiety
Newsgroups: rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Date: 2002-04-04 12:56:23 PST

Try Jerry Howe's training manual and check out his Doggy
Do Right (And Kitty Will And A Rooster Did And A Cockatoo
Or Two Did Too) machine....it is for this.

Please do not listen to the others in here that don't like
him or his methods, they have never tried them....I have
and it works!!!!

I broke my dog from nipping almost 100% in 1 day and
she usually does this SEVERAL times a day and actually
makes my kids bleed!

Try it or contact him! The manual is at the above website
also, and it is free!

Becky

===========

Subj: Fear of Thunder
Date: 6/29/02 6:07:13 PM Eastern Daylight Time
From: Jraltman
To: Witsenddog

Dear Jerry,

I hope you'll be able to post this message so more
people who are at their wit's end will be able to help
their dogs.

To review:

Our puppy was uncomfortable during thunder storms.
At the beginning of the problem, she paced restlessly
from room to room. She couldn't settle and sleep.

>From there the problem grew. She would run to the far
southeast corner of the house (which makes sense
because most storms here come from the northwest)
and she'd cower in the corner of the couch and shake.

!st attempt to help her:

I'd pick her up, brush and massage her (call me a nut -
I've sung to her when I've done her daily brushing since
she was tiny so of course I sang too) and when she
relaxed, I'd put her in her crate. She then slept and I
thought the problem was solved.

Traumatic event:

We were out in the park playing with one of her doggy
friends when it began to rain. On the way home, there
was the loudest, longest, thunder clap I've ever heard.

>From that day on, the problem got worse and worse.
I couldn't calm her with singing and massage. The fear
spread. She wouldn't go out if it was raining. No thunder,
just gently summer rain, and she wouldn't go out.

The solution:

I surfed the net and came across a free manual Wit's
End Dog Training Method and a product called Doggy
Do Right that seemed better than anything else I came
across.

A phone call to Jerry Howe, author of the manual and
Director of Research, Biosound Scientific, convince me
to try both the manual and the product.

Problem solved:

I followed Jerry's suggestions (more phone calls - he is
most generous with his time and advice). The first two
thunder storms my puppy was restless but not running
around in a blind panic.

The third storm, she barked her deep, stranger danger
bark after each clap of thunder. The fourth storm, she
seemed uneasy at first. Soon she was asleep at my
feet and she napped through the rest of the storm.

A miracle. I am endlessly grateful to Jerry
for his manual and his machine.

A word about Doggy Do Right. It is odd to buy a
machine that emits a sound I cannot hear. I took
the chance because Jerry offered a full refund
including shipping.

Though I heard nothing, my puppy clearly did. When
I first turned on the machine, she got the cutest, most
quizzical look on her face. She looked at me as if to
say: "What's that? I never heard that before."

She looks at the machine when it is on. She rests on the floor
beneath it. It is obvious from her behavior that she is aware
of its cycles.

Amazing.

Thank you Jerry.

=============

=====================

=====================

"Alpha" <sweeney1@bigpond.com> wrote in message

> Well there you go, I was willing to believe but then jerry
> it was another hallucination of yours, just like all those
> thank you letters you write, a lie, a fabrication, a wank...
>
> > From: TESTA52601 (testa52601@aol.com)
> > Subject: Re: Thank you Jerry Howe
> > Date: 2002-03-28 10:01:34 PST
> > Alpha,
> > It's uneducated, ball breakers like you that create dismay
> > throughout this society. Get a life. you took apart a
> > letter from someone who has shown nothing but love and
> > caring, including lots of money and twisted it to YOUR
> > point.
>
> > Ever consider politics? I challenge you to show me your
> > credentials and results you come up with. The things I did
> > with the dog WAS against MY wishes. However, I listen
> > to pencil neck geeks that sit behind a monitor and get 30
> > different suggestions. This dog could not be happier if
> > she was gnawing on all three of your legs.
>
> > The bottom line to my letter was to tell people "don't
> > knock it until you try it"
>
> > P.S. Write me personally if you have any
> > credentials.......

======================

"misty" <Momisty@webtv.net wrote in message
news: 16990-3CAB1F8C-1@storefull-2293.public.lawson.webtv.net...

I don't now whether Peach is dead or alive. I do know she's
not here with us. I really can't blame anyone here for her loss.

I'm the one who ignored your advice. I did it because of how you
write/wrote. I was unwilling to accept the idea that my using a
shock collar could have any bearing on Peach not wanting to stay
home. Up until I started using it my main concern had been keeping
my dogs in their own yard.

Once I started using the e-fence... well, then my concern
became how to keep them from running off for days on end.

I lost valuable training time becoming embroiled in the anti-
shock debate and the "Jerry sux" tirades.

I lost one dog but I have the bestest dog in the world now
<g A Wits End Trained dog, one who is completely housetrained,
doesn't chew up stuff, stays in the yard, and doesn't bark all
the time. IOW a great companion and friend.

Thanks Jerry!

=====================

> We just installed a PetSafe brand fence this Spring. Two dogs,
> two collars We now have one dog and no collars.

> Peach and Zelda would run thru the fence, not want to come back
> in the yard and would run for days. The last time, Peach didn't
> come back home.

> I used the Wit's End Training Manual to learn how to train my
> dog. She is now border trained. A few minutes each day
> reinforces her desire to stay in the yard. She no longer runs
> out into the road, I can stop her from chasing cats and she no
> longer cringes when we walk around the yard.

> I can not say loud or long enough how much I hate the e-fence
> and its collars. If you can't get a regular fence then you need
> to train your dog. I will never rely on an electronic collar to
> keep my dog in our yard again.

> The price was too high:-(

> ~misty

--------------------------------

"JoeTheGuru" <joetheguru@hotmail.com.NOSPAM wrote in
message
news: 3cab77eb$0$9993$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au...

JERRY SAVE THIS LAD!!!!

or it could be a troll <are you a troll??
do not use it on your dog.....

would you use it on your best friend.....

I have read jerry's book, it seems too easy at first.
however I started to use some of the training out of it and now.

I have a dog that heels as fast as a collie in a
trial.<great dane X mastiff

I have a dog that stays and never leaves the spot.

I have a dog that comes when ever I call.

I have a dog that never leaves the yard, never runs away.

I have a dog that stands still to be washed
with the cold hose.

I have a dog that never pulls on
the lead when we walk.

I have a dog that puts up with more abuse then a
dog should from my 2 year old <and loves it

I have a dog that barks at the fence only when some ones there.

I have a dog that would not care less if there is
another dog in the park <only wants to be with and
please me though a lot of this is due to me training the dog
spending the time with the dog.

jerry's book showed me not to punish the dog. but
just to work with the dog. which I liked the idea of
hence why I tried it. it is easy to become
frustrated with a dog when you are trying to train
them.

I look forward to my next puppy <ban dog> so
I can use the information from jerry's book
and see just how good a dog can get.

the dog I have now was when I picked her up from
the RSPCA. she could not walk on a lead <no idea.
cowered from every noise <and wet her self, messed
in the house at every turn. acted like I was killing her
when I dragged her over to the mess.

this was A 6 month old pup that had been beaten
<2.5 feet to the shoulder. I could of taken her back
however I knew I could bring her back to being to
be a dog.

the dog I have now at 1.5 years <same dog is a dog
to be proud to walk down the street with <3 feet to
the shoulder and still growing.

so well behaved even when people walk passed with
a out of control dog. gentle with my child and trustworthy
< I never have to worry that my dog will bite her, only
have to worry if a stranger comes over to my child.
still that is not a worry, she places herself between my
child and the stranger.

I may be plugging jerry's book, however with the
crap out there it is good to see that someone has
moved forward. looked at a different way to train
dogs. yes he gets into people, and in their face
you should back off a little jerry however he is
sick of the bashing, choking, shocking, shaking
and everything else. so jerry save this lad from
ruining his dog. later, Joe

===================

"Charlie Wilkes" <charlie_wilkes@easynews.com wrote
in message
news: pjaootcg8dgrptuu96383933eqk2jjp7b2@4ax.com...

I read up on rotties, pitbulls, etc., and quite a
bit of the literature suggested I needed to assert
my dominance and "make the dog earn everything it
gets."

I tried this once or twice, just by taking a stern
tone of voice, and the results were terrible.
The pup got scared and just wanted to stay away from
me.

That's why I support Jerry Howe and his FREE
Wits' End Dog Training manual -- that and the fact
that Jerry is an all-around great guy.

The core takeaway I got from Jerry's manual is this:
make yourself the center of your puppy's world -
- his personal Lord Jesus. Never give him a reason
to fear you or think you're angry. Love the heck
out of him, and you'll end up with a great dog.

This has truly worked with my puppy. She'll do
anything I want her to, if she understands, because
she trusts me 100 percent, and nothing is more
important in her world than her relationship
with me. http://www.geocities.com/viscouspuppy
Charlie

=========================

<"Terri"@cyberhighway

> Hey, do like me, and killfile Jerry.
> He has millions of people aleady reading his posts and
> watching him extract his soggy foot out of his mouth!
> Out of these MILLIONS, I've only seen 2 naive childs
> come forward and actually believe in his training manual.

Robert Crim writes:

I assume that I and my wife are those two naive childs since
I freely admit to having read and, I hope, understood enough
of the manual and it's counterparts by John Fisher and the
posts of Marylin Rammell to believe and use it. This naive
child would like to say thank you to both Jerry and Marylin for
putting up with a constant barrage of really infantile crap at
the hands of supposedly adult dog lovers.

The other naive child (LSW) has to put up with the nagging
idea that if people like them had been posting earlier, maybe
we would not have had to hold the head of a really
magnificent animal in our arms while he was given the
needle and having to hug him and wait until he gasped
his last gasp.

To my mind, "naive" is believing you can terrorize a dog into
good behavior. Naive is believing that people that hide
behind fake names are more honest than people that use
their real names. Naive is thinking that dilettante dog
breeders and amateur "trainers" like Joey (lyingdogDUMMY,
j.h.) are the equal or better than those that have studied and
lived by their craft for decades.

"Stupid" is believing that people do not see kindergarten
level insults for what they are. Really stupid is believing that
people like Jerry Howe and Marylin Rammell are going to
just go away because you people act like fools. Why do you
act like fools? I really have no idea, and I don't really care.

> And, to date: I've not seen ONE come forward and actually
> admit to buying and having success with his little black
> box.

I think I'm going to get one myself for Father's day and take
it down to the Animal Shelter for their use and testing. You
would never believe the results, so you'll never know.

> Anyone by now that doesn't see a scam man coming by
> Jerry's posts deserves to get what is sure to be coming to
> him! LOL!

I don't see a "scam man", so I guess I and Longsuffering
Wife and Rollei will just have to get what we deserve, eh?
As Joey (Dogman) says, "poor Rollei.".......right.

>Terri

Yes it was, and that is sad.

Robert, Longsuffering Wife and Rollei (do I get to listen to the
box first?)

Hello People,

Robert Crim was a former Gang Of Thugs Member, and
hated me a much as the rest of our Thugs do. Robert was a
long time friend and prominent contributor to rpdb, till Jerry
came along and smartened him up. He learned the hard
way, and no longer posts to his former pals, because it is
just too painful knowing his pals would rather HURT and
KILL their dogs than to admit that JERRY is RIGHT.

"I know that most men, including those at ease with
problems of the greatest complexity, can seldom accept
even the simplest and most obvious truth if it would
oblige them to admit the falsity of conclusions which they
have delighted in explaining to colleagues, proudly
taught to others, and which they have woven, thread by
thread, into the fabric of their lives."
-Leo Tolstoy-

Is it any wonder that the following sig file has generated
more complaints to my personal email than any other
controversial post I have made to date, bar none?:

CAVEAT
If you have to do things to your dog to train him that you
would rather not have to do, then you shouldn't be doing
them. If you have a dog trainer who tells you to jerk your
dog around, choke him, pinch his ears, or twist his toes,
shock, shake, slap, scold, hit, chin cuff, scruff shake or
punish your dog in any manner, that corrections
are appropriate, that the dog won't think of you as the
punisher, or that corrections are not harmful, or if they
can't train your dog to do what you want, look for a
trainer that knows HOWE.

Thank you,
Jerry Howe,
Director of Research,
BIOSOUND Scientific
Director of Training,
Wits' End Dog Training
1611 24th St
Orlando, FL 32805
Phone: 1-407-425-5092
Phone: 1-888-BIOSOUND (1-888-246-7686)
Phone: 1-888-WITSEND (1-888-948-7363)
http://www.doggydoright.com

Nature, to be mastered, must be obeyed.
-Francis Bacon-

There are terrible people who, instead of solving a
problem, bungle it and make it more difficult for all who
come after. Who ever can't hit the nail on the head
should, please, not hit at all.
-Nietzsche-

The abilities to think, rationalize and solve problems are
learned qualities.

The Wits' End Dog Training Method challenges the learning
centers in the dogs brain. These centers, once challenged,
develop and continue to grow to make him smarter.

The Wits' End Dog Training method capitalizes on
praising split seconds of canine thought, strategy, and
timing, not mindless hours of forced repetition, constant
corrections, and scolding.
-Jerry Howe-

The Puppy Wizard. <}TPW ; ~ ) >

ANY QUESTIONS, DUMMIES?
,-._,-,
V)"(V
(_o_) Have a great day!
/ V)
(l l l) Your Puppy Wizzzard. <}YPW ; ~ } >
oo-oo

"bandabee" <banXdabee@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> What's the best solution to getting rid of Dog Pee on my carpets
(and cloth
> furniture, and clothes, and other porous items)? What's your
favourite
> brand of cleaner?
>
> My dog is a pomeranian. (Aren't they supposed to be kind of
stupid when it
> comes to washroom etiquette) And i think he's sort of
incontinent, or just
> REALLY EASILY excitable, and then he drips if he's too excited.
We got him
> from an owner who kept him in a cage. (so we think he might be
neurotic).

> Sometimes he stares at us, and then we're smart enough to figure
out that he
> wants to go outside. Sometimes he just doesn't make any
indication and just
> goes somewhere, even in front of us!
>
> Today he just lifted his leg in front of me and peed by the
door, then ran
> under the bed.
>
> I've tried FEBREZE, which only gets rid of some of the smell.
>
> I'm almost finished with the 'SHOUT CARPET' which i don't think
it even does
> anything. Still got yellow stains and bad smell.
>
> I've tried something called 'ODOR DISPOSERS-HOUSEBREAKING AID'
which u spray
> somewhere and the dog is supposed to want to pee there. And
this product
> seems to have absolutely NO effect whatsoever.
>
> ARRRRRR I'm dying in a pit of DOG PEE SMELL!!!!!

FurPaw
2003-09-26 14:01:40 EST
bandabee wrote:
> What's the best solution to getting rid of Dog Pee on my carpets (and cloth
> furniture, and clothes, and other porous items)? What's your favourite
> brand of cleaner?

We use Nature's Miracle, available on-line or at pet stores. It contains
enzymes that break down the urine and smell. Follow the directions on the
bottle.

You might need an ultraviolet light to detect all of the urine spots.
Dried urine fluoresces in the presence of UV light. Also check pet stores
for this.

If your dog has peed all over the place, you might consider having a
professional carpet cleaning done, using urine-removing enzymes. Home
carpet steam-cleaners didn't do a complete job at my in-laws house, but the
odor seemed to disappear after the professional cleaning.

Your next step will be to start housebreaking training from ground zero.
IMO, the most important things here are prevention - don't give your dog
the opportunity to pee inside - and reward - praise him lavishly when he
pees outside. Don't yell at him or punish him for peeing inside. If you
catch him in the act, pick him up and carry him outside immediately. If
you don't catch him, don't rub his nose in it. Take him out first thing in
the morning, a few minutes after eating, and every couple of hours in
between. Don't let him run freely in the house without supervision, so
that you'll be more likely to notice a signal or catch him in the act. If
you can't watch him every minute, you can leash him to your belt if you're
moving around, or put him in his crate (which must be completely deodorized
if he's peed in there). When he pees outside, praise him, but don't rush
him back into the house (if he likes to sniff or putz or play outside,
rushing him back in will effectively punish peeing). If he gives you a
signal that he wants to go out, praise that, too.

And remember, patience. He's already established the habit of peeing in
the house. It will take a while to extinguish this behavior and replace it
with peeing outside.

Oh, you don't give his age. Is he less than a year old? If he's still a
puppy, his tiny bladder may need emptying more often than you'd suspect.

HTH

FurPaw

--
Brain cells come and brain cells go, but fat cells live forever.

To reply, unleash the dog.

FurPaw
2003-09-26 14:02:19 EST
bandabee wrote:
> What's the best solution to getting rid of Dog Pee on my carpets (and cloth
> furniture, and clothes, and other porous items)? What's your favourite
> brand of cleaner?

One more thing - have you had him checked by a vet? Sometimes incontinence
is caused by a urinary tract infection.

FurPaw

--
Brain cells come and brain cells go, but fat cells live forever.

To reply, unleash the dog.

Sharon
2003-09-26 15:10:30 EST
When he pees outside, praise him, but don't rush
> him back into the house (if he likes to sniff or putz or play outside,
> rushing him back in will effectively punish peeing). If he gives you a
> signal that he wants to go out, praise that, too.

With our dogs, when we trained them we also praised highly when they peed
outside. We immediately gave them a treat too (we use pieces of carrot). We
slowly started giving them the treat as we got closer to the back door until
the treat became an indoor thing after peeing outside. Now they do their
business and make a happy beeline for the back door so they can get their
carrot.

-Sharon

FurPaw
2003-09-26 15:52:52 EST
Sharon wrote:
> When he pees outside, praise him, but don't rush
>
>>him back into the house (if he likes to sniff or putz or play outside,
>>rushing him back in will effectively punish peeing). If he gives you a
>>signal that he wants to go out, praise that, too.
>

> With our dogs, when we trained them we also praised highly when they peed
> outside. We immediately gave them a treat too (we use pieces of carrot). We
> slowly started giving them the treat as we got closer to the back door until
> the treat became an indoor thing after peeing outside. Now they do their
> business and make a happy beeline for the back door so they can get their
> carrot.

I like that idea!

FurPaw