Dog Discussion: Police Officers Shooting Helpless Dogs In New Orleans!!

Police Officers Shooting Helpless Dogs In New Orleans!!

Svetlana Monsoon
2005-09-10 00:47:55 EST
Below is a video link on The Dallas Morning New's web site of a St
Bernard Louisiana sheriffs shooting helpless dogs! His name was Sgt.
Mike Minton.St. Bernard Parish is home to an unknown number of dogs
left behind during the exodus after Katrina. With their owners missing,
these abandoned animals must fend for themselves. Dallas Morning News
videographer David Leeson has been covering the aftermath of Hurricane
Katrina.

http://www.dallasnews.com/s/dws/photography/2005/katrina_video/straydogs.
html

Svetlana Monsoon
2005-09-10 00:55:29 EST
http://www.dallasnews.com/s/dws/photography/2005/katrina_video/straydogs.html

C*@aol.com
2005-09-10 15:59:19 EST
The video showed them shooting pitbulls and wild dogs that "have
attacked them"... What is your point?

They are shooting wild human animals also, don't hear you crying for
them.

It's Only Alimentary, Dear Watson
2005-09-10 16:46:32 EST
HOWEDY chuckie,

c*5@aol.com wrote:
> The video showed them shooting pitbulls and wild dogs that "have
> attacked them"... What is your point?
>
> They are shooting wild human animals also, don't hear you crying for
> them.

Chuck P Adams wrote:
Why don't you post this on off-topic on lymenut.
They seem to love furry little animals there.

Newsgroups: sci.med.diseases.lyme
From: "Chuck P Adams" <chuckadam...@aol.com>
Date: 3 Sep 2005 09:48:04 -0700

Subject: Re: ANother Lyme DOg- Mattie Up for Adoption!!!!!!!! German
Shepherd Greyhound mix

How about being a human lover and post about the donations and help the

people of New Orleans need at this moment. During a time of national
emergency with people dead on our streets and need help and donations
you post about a damn dog.

I know how race plays a big part in these lyme support groups. I would
like to see the numbers of African Americans that the LLMD's treat and
the amount of people of color make up these support groups from the
LDF/LDA to the ALDF.

Why do you think they call lyme a rich white persons disease..

---------------

Adios, chuckie...

Spot
2005-09-10 18:24:17 EST
I don't know what video you watched but it sure as hell wasn't the same one
I saw. The video shows them shooting dogs that were not pitts and dogs that
were in no way threatening them. Dogs that were just wandering the streets
looking for something to eat. I'm not saying some of the dogs shouldn't be
put down definately ones that are attacking should but these shootings were
not justified.

Celeste

<*5@aol.com> wrote in message
> The video showed them shooting pitbulls and wild dogs that "have
> attacked them"... What is your point?
>
> They are shooting wild human animals also, don't hear you crying for
> them.

Usual Suspect
2005-09-11 11:06:12 EST
Spot wrote:
> I don't know what video you watched but it sure as hell wasn't the same one
> I saw. The video shows them shooting dogs that were not pitts and dogs that
> were in no way threatening them. Dogs that were just wandering the streets
> looking for something to eat. I'm not saying some of the dogs shouldn't be
> put down definately ones that are attacking should but these shootings were
> not justified.

As sad as it may be, they ARE justified. There's no time to sort out
records of ownership or vaccinations, if they even can be found at this
point. Also, those animals have likely been drinking very contaminated
water; they may or may not be eating human remains. Rescuers deserve an
environment as free from dangers -- including sick dogs -- as possible.
The dogs have to go.

Janet Puistonen
2005-09-11 16:16:46 EST
usual suspect wrote:
> Spot wrote:
>> I don't know what video you watched but it sure as hell wasn't the
>> same one I saw. The video shows them shooting dogs that were not
>> pitts and dogs that were in no way threatening them. Dogs that were
>> just wandering the streets looking for something to eat. I'm not
>> saying some of the dogs shouldn't be put down definately ones that
>> are attacking should but these shootings were not justified.
>
> As sad as it may be, they ARE justified. There's no time to sort out
> records of ownership or vaccinations, if they even can be found at
> this point. Also, those animals have likely been drinking very
> contaminated water; they may or may not be eating human remains.
> Rescuers deserve an environment as free from dangers -- including
> sick dogs -- as possible. The dogs have to go.

Yes--they have to go to the shelters being provided by animal lovers all
across the nation, not provide target practice for trigger-happy idiots.

C*@aol.com
2005-09-12 00:15:51 EST
"Adios, chuckie... "

Get lost troll.