Dog Discussion: Dog And Lawn

Dog And Lawn

Tim
2003-09-24 16:34:15 EST
Hi all. On my front yard, I share the lawn with my neighbor. Recently,
every week I will find dog poop on my side of the lawn (right in the
middle not at the edge). I have tried a few commercial product but they
wash out right away when the sprinkler come on a few time. The stronger
stuff will actually kill the lawn. My neighbor do not want a fence
around the lawn. I heard there is a home remedy using garlic but not
exactly sure what it is. Any suggestion or idea is appreciated.
Thanks!

Diddy
2003-09-24 17:40:51 EST
Tim <tim@nowhere.com> wrote in news:3F720043.AF68ACD5@nowhere.com:

> Hi all. On my front yard, I share the lawn with my neighbor. Recently,
> every week I will find dog poop on my side of the lawn (right in the
> middle not at the edge). I have tried a few commercial product but they
> wash out right away when the sprinkler come on a few time. The stronger
> stuff will actually kill the lawn. My neighbor do not want a fence
> around the lawn. I heard there is a home remedy using garlic but not
> exactly sure what it is. Any suggestion or idea is appreciated.
> Thanks!

Warning: Dogs love garlic.
Might try moth balls?

The Puppy Wizard
2003-09-24 20:24:38 EST
Or he could just SHOOT IT, like you do.

"diddy" <diddy@nospam.diddy.net> wrote in message
> Tim <tim@nowhere.com> wrote in
>
> > Hi all. On my front yard, I share the lawn with my neighbor.
Recently,
> > every week I will find dog poop on my side of the lawn (right
in the
> > middle not at the edge). I have tried a few commercial
product but they
> > wash out right away when the sprinkler come on a few time.
The stronger
> > stuff will actually kill the lawn. My neighbor do not want a
fence
> > around the lawn. I heard there is a home remedy using garlic
but not
> > exactly sure what it is. Any suggestion or idea is
appreciated.
> > Thanks!
> >

> Warning: Dogs love garlic.
> Might try moth balls?

Tim
2003-09-25 16:39:29 EST
Thanks for the advice. The moth balls sound like a pretty interesting idea.
I might give that a try.

diddy wrote:

> Tim <tim@nowhere.com> wrote in news:3F720043.AF68ACD5@nowhere.com:
>
> > Hi all. On my front yard, I share the lawn with my neighbor. Recently,
> > every week I will find dog poop on my side of the lawn (right in the
> > middle not at the edge). I have tried a few commercial product but they
> > wash out right away when the sprinkler come on a few time. The stronger
> > stuff will actually kill the lawn. My neighbor do not want a fence
> > around the lawn. I heard there is a home remedy using garlic but not
> > exactly sure what it is. Any suggestion or idea is appreciated.
> > Thanks!
> >

> Warning: Dogs love garlic.
> Might try moth balls?

Montana
2003-09-25 20:13:50 EST
In article <3F7352FE.689AA75E@nowhere.com>, Tim <tim@nowhere.com>
wrote:

> Thanks for the advice. The moth balls sound like a pretty interesting idea.
> I might give that a try.

Moth balls are poisonous to dogs.

Diddy
2003-09-26 11:54:06 EST
montana <montana@wildhack.com.invalid> wrote in

> In article <3F7352FE.689AA75E@nowhere.com>, Tim <tim@nowhere.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Thanks for the advice. The moth balls sound like a pretty
>> interesting idea. I might give that a try.
>>

> Moth balls are poisonous to dogs.

*EwPs* Thanks for the correction.
I used Dog repellent in my garden that contained Naptha (moth balls)
My dog came up, laid down in the area where there was the strongest
application. It never hurt her, but then, I put up a fence. She ate the
entire contents and replantings of my garden that year.