Dog Discussion: Dog

S*@e-mailanywhere.com
2005-07-16 20:54:53 EST
To sum up Zimbabwe...

http://www.wimp.com/leg/

hth,

Sven.

Skokkie
2005-07-18 03:13:11 EST

<Sven_Olafsson@e-mailanywhere.com> wrote in message
news:1121561693.822413.176600@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> To sum up Zimbabwe...
>
> http://www.wimp.com/leg/
>
> hth,
>
> Sven.

Forget it - the site initiates alllsorts of popups and plants cookies. - You
will need more than a condom to protect you at this site

S*@e-mailanywhere.com
2005-07-18 08:03:04 EST

Skokkie wrote:
> <Sven_Olafsson@e-mailanywhere.com> wrote in message
> > To sum up Zimbabwe...
> >
> > http://www.wimp.com/leg/
> >
> > hth,
> >
> > Sven.
> >

> Forget it - the site initiates alllsorts of popups and plants cookies. - You
> will need more than a condom to protect you at this site

Sorry, I didn't get that problem, but then again I've locked down my
machine against such problems and if I can't get onto a site (the
rather comical "please enable cookies to access this site" warning), I
figure they've got nothing I want to see anyway.

hth,

Sven.

Skokkie
2005-07-19 01:40:15 EST

> Skokkie wrote:
>> <Sven_Olafsson@e-mailanywhere.com> wrote in message
>> > To sum up Zimbabwe...
>> >
>> > http://www.wimp.com/leg/
>> >
>> > hth,
>> >
>> > Sven.
>> >

>> Forget it - the site initiates alllsorts of popups and plants cookies. -
>> You
>> will need more than a condom to protect you at this site
>
> Sorry, I didn't get that problem, but then again I've locked down my
> machine against such problems and if I can't get onto a site (the
> rather comical "please enable cookies to access this site" warning), I
> figure they've got nothing I want to see anyway.
>
> hth,
>
> Sven.

Yes and some of us have programs that tell us what cookies are being blocked
and the nature of them. - nasty little buggers these.

S*@e-mailanywhere.com
2005-07-19 06:43:08 EST

Skokkie wrote:

> Yes and some of us have programs that tell us what cookies are being blocked
> and the nature of them. - nasty little buggers these.

Yup, same here. Except I turned off the option to view them after an
initial honeymoon period of interest, it got too boring wading through
reports of what tossers had hidden within their sites. Way I reckon
it, I don't care what they are since they can't harm me. I pity
newbies on the net these days though. I was explaining spam to a
ladyfriend who is completely naive. I showed her an example which had
the subject "Very funny joke" and had an attachment. I mean you or I
can tell exactly what it is just from that. She on the other hand
asked me how I could tell it was malicious and attempted to use a
'logic' trap in that "how could I know if I hadn't opened it". Er, it
came from Poland, a country I have no contacts in. It's an unsolicited
attachment from an unkonwn source. She still wanted me to open it.
You can imagine her left alone on the net or god forbid - usenet.
"Boom" is the word.

hth,

Sven.

Mastic
2005-07-19 07:14:48 EST

>Yes and some of us have programs that tell us what cookies are being blocked
>and the nature of them. - nasty little buggers these.

What program is that?
I dont worry about cookies much, I use a program called Window Washer
that nukes cookies and cleans out all the crap that web sites leave on
your computer. It keeps track of how much space it frees up, you get
gigabites freed up. When you run the program you can hear your hard
drive working its clacker off cleaning out crud. I cant recommend
Window Washer enough.
I run it every week or two.
For those who know you can get it from Fossei.
Your friend Mastic

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I can conceive of no greater calamity than
the assimilation of the Negro into our social and political life as
our equal. . . We can never attain the ideal union our fathers
dreamed, with millions of an alien, inferior race among us, whose
assimilation is neither possible nor desirable." - Abraham Lincoln,
after signing the Emancipation Proclamation (like other presidents,
Lincoln sought to repatriation of freed Blacks to Africa).

W*@Animail.Net
2005-07-19 10:24:07 EST
HOWEDY Sven_Olafsson,

Sven_Olafsson@e-mailanywhere.com wrote:
> Skokkie wrote:
>

> > Yes and some of us have programs that tell us what
> > cookies are being blocked and the nature of them.
> > - nasty little buggers these.
>
> Yup, same here. Except I turned off the option to
> view them after an initial honeymoon period of
> interest, it got too boring wading through reports
> of what tossers had hidden within their sites.

> Way I reckon it, I don't care what they are since
> they can't harm me. I pity newbies on the net these
> days though. I was explaining spam to a ladyfriend
> who is completely naive.

> I showed her an example which had the subject "Very
> funny joke" and had an attachment. I mean you or I
> can tell exactly what it is just from that.

That so? You some sort of internet PSYCHIC?

> She on the other hand asked me how I could tell it
> was malicious and attempted to use a 'logic' trap

Oooops! PROBLEMO, eh Sven?

> in that "how could I know if I hadn't opened it".

Duh? There's LOTS of WAYS to FIND HOWET.

> Er, it came from Poland, a country I have no contacts in.

PERHAPS you got a FRIEND visitin and writing from Poland?

PERHAPS a FRIEND referred a FRIEND of his in Poland
to SHARE a VERY FUNNY JOKE with you?

> It's an unsolicited attachment from an unkonwn source.

You SCARED of the FRIENDLY STRANGER, Sven?

> She still wanted me to open it.

Ooops! NOT withHOWET SCREENIN it.

> You can imagine her left alone on the net or god
> forbid - usenet.

Well Sven, did you ADVISE her HOWE to FIND HOWET
if the ATTACHMENT was MALICIHOWES or FRIENDLY?

> "Boom" is the word.

You can often tell what's in a SUSPICIHOWES
attachemnt by goin to pupprties and lookin
at it WITHHOWET OPENING it. OR, you could
SEND IT to a VIRUS scan to determine if it's
SAFE or if you're just bein PARANOID.

> hth,

Naaah. Didn't heelp at all.

> Sven.

You're only promoting FEAR and MISUNDERSTANDING.

The Amazing Puppy Wizard <{); ~ ) >

Here's your FREE copy of The Amazing Puppy
Wizard's FREE WWW Wits' End Dog Training
Method Manual:

http://makeashorterlink.com/?G 34D2527A

Just ASK The Amazing Puppy Wizard if you
need any additional FREE heelp. There's NO
arbritrary INFORMATION in your FREE copy
of The Amazing Puppy Wizard's FREE WWW
Wits' End Dog Training Method Manual so
study it well and do and follow ALL the
EXXXERCISES AS INSTRUCTED... it's a
PRECISE SCIENCE or it COULDN'T GET 100%
CONSISTENT NEARLY INSTANT SUCCESS for
all handlers and all dogs in all fields
or utilities and behaviors all over the
Whole Wild World <{) ; ~ ) >

Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 09:41:01 -0500
From: "George von Hilsheimer, Ph.D."
<*.@mindspring.com>
Subject: "time-out"

Dan, my own firm hatred of punishment has
recently been intensified by meeting The
Puppy Wizard, Jerry Howe, whose work with
dogs is marvelous.

There is a literature on harms caused by time
out, and perhaps you'd like to look at
http://www.dogydoright.com
George von Hilsheimer, Ph.D., F.R.S.H.

"As Sam Corson (Pavlov's last student) demonstrated for
nearly 50 years at Ohio University (Oxford, O.) there
is no treatment more useful for dogs than tender loving
care."

George von Hilsheimer, Ph. D., F. R. S. H., Diplomate,
Academy of Behavioral Medicine