Dog Discussion: Happy With The Dog, But....

Happy With The Dog, But....

Lil' Dave
2005-07-01 12:57:54 EST
Please do not isolate replies as a standalone post. Keep within the thread.
If you do so, I won't read it, nor look for such a response.

Dog is a 16 month old maile/neutered German Shepherd/ Husky mix. All
appearances are G.S., except one blue eye and the curved forward tail when
walking. We walk 45 minutes just after sunrise and again at sunset. Dog
likes the walks not only for our bonding, but also for the wildlife in the
area. White-tail deer are his favorite. He also likes to meet his
"friends" along the way, dogs on other's properties.

Another typical Husky attirbute is that he almost never barks. He "talks"
to me sometimes by a sort of a combination growl/bark if you will. He will
do this if I delay the walk for some reason.

Kindest, nicest dog I've ever seen. Thing is, I live on a 5 acre plat.
This a rural area with very light vehicular traffic. The house has a full
front porch. I keep the dog chained to the porch ballisters overnight. He
sleeps near the front door. When strangers (to him) approach the front
porch, he simply looks at them showing no guarding, threatening, or for that
matter, any friendly gesture. He simply eyeballs them. Nor, does he get in
the way to the door.

Should I let this be, or should I teach him to exhibit some guarding
behavior to strangers? If so, how?

It's Only Alimentary, Dear Watson
2005-07-01 20:56:42 EST
HOWEDY Lil' Dave,

Lil' Dave wrote:

> Please do not isolate replies as a standalone post.

The Amazing Puppy Wizard ordinarily cross posts to
as many of The Amazing Puppy Wizard's FREE WWW Wits'
End Dog Training Method Forums as HE is able to,
dependin on HOWE HIS newsgroup server provides <{); ~ ) >

> Keep within the thread.

The Amazing Puppy Wizard relies on HIS Pattonted CONstructive
ANAL-ytic SocraTEASE / Koehler methods of behaviorISM <{); ~ ) >

> If you do so, I won't read it,

You've got NUTHIN to FEAR but FEAR itself, Lil' Dave <{); ~ ) >

> nor look for such a response.

WELCOME to The Amazing Puppy Wizard's FREE WWW Wits'
End Dog Training Method Manual Forums and School Of
HARD KNOCKS and HUMAN BEHAVIOR RESEARCH LABORATORIES.

> Dog is a 16 month old

Any three week old puppy got all the brains he needs
to HOWEtwit the cunning of the domestic puppy dog
trainer AS EVIDENCED by THE POSTED CASE HISTORIES
The Amazing Puppy Wizard QUOTES to IDENTIFY EXXXPOSE
and DISCREDIT HOWER Gang Of Lying Dog Abusing Punk
Thug Coward Active Acute Long Term INCURABLE MENTAL
CASES <{); ~ ) >

> maile/neutered

Surgical sexual mutilation for non medical reasons is
veterinary malpractice which benefits NO WON EXXXCEPT
the unethickal or ignorant (pick WON) stooge of HOWER
university systems that teach descartean abuse as behavioral
sciences and jerk choke shock bribe crate intimidate
and murder innocent critters for NO justifiable reason <{); ~ ) >

> German Shepherd/ Husky mix.

A dog is a dog. Don't let these lying dog abusing punk
thug coward active acute long term incurable MENTAL
CASES tell you the BREED got ANY THING to do with behavior
or temperament PROBLEMS on accHOWENT of ALL temperament
and behavior problems are CAUSED by MISHANDLING <{); ~ ) >

> All appearances are G.S., except one blue eye and the
> curved forward tail when walking. We walk 45 minutes
> just after sunrise and again at sunset.

That's a heelthy amHOWENT of EXXXORCISE. Do you CHOSE
to enjoy that much EXXXORCISE or do you do it to EXXXPIATE
ANXXXIHOWESNESS behavior problems?

> Dog likes the walks

Of curse. Most do. Some don't. The amHOWENT of EXXXORCISE
you PREFER is FINE so long as your dog is CONDITIONED to
it. HOWEver, if you're EXXXCESSIVELY EXXXORCISING your dog
to EXXXPIATE anXXXIHOWESNESS behavior problems then you're
talkin abHOWET abuse, not EXXXORCISE or heelth <{); ~ ) >

> not only for our bonding,

Bonding happens in a lotta different ways...

> but also for the wildlife in the area.

Your dog ENJOYS the furry woodslands critters, of curse.

> White-tail deer are his favorite.

LikeWIZE.

> He also likes to meet his "friends" along the way,
> dogs on other's properties.

EXXXCELLENT.

> Another typical Husky attirbute is that he almost never barks.

Barking is usually as SYMPTOM of sumpthin WRONG.

> He "talks" to me sometimes by a sort of a combination
> growl/bark if you will. He will do this if I delay the
> walk for some reason.

So he does that when he's anXXXIHOWES.

> Kindest, nicest dog I've ever seen.

S-HOWENDS FINE. You're writing us to inform
everyWON of your success?

> Thing is, I live on a 5 acre plat. This a rural area
> with very light vehicular traffic. The house has a full
> front porch. I keep the dog chained to the porch ballisters
> overnight.

That's your perogative.

> He sleeps near the front door.

Fine.

> When strangers (to him) approach the front porch, he
> simply looks at them showing no guarding, threatening,
> or for that matter, any friendly gesture.

Kinda JUST LIKE HOWE you or The Amazing Puppy
Wizard might, not knowin who is approachin...

> He simply eyeballs them.

LikeWIZE. Dogs study EVERY THING.

> Nor, does he get in the way to the door.

Perhaps he knows he AIN'T GOT THUMBS and can't open it?

> Should I let this be,

It may be difficult for a visitor to negotiate
past your dog at the door. Do you WANT him to
chase them off? You can train him to do THAT
REAL EZ. OtherWIZE, you might wanna consider
tying him just away from the path of guests.

> or should I teach him to exhibit some guarding
> behavior to strangers?

If you PREFER.

> If so, how?

Dogs bark when they're AFRAID. ALL AGGRESSION
IS FEAR, unless it's TRAINED. For many years
The Amazing Puppy Wizard couldn't figger HOWET
HOWE COME HIS trained attack dogs don't bark
like mad when they're told to watch. The REASON
is, they AIN'T AFRAID so there's NO NEED for
them to bark to let someWON know they're bein
WATCHED <{); ~ ) >

And the tail signifies NUTHIN. That's not to
say you can't tell what a dog is thinkin by
readin his body language, but the wagging
tail only means anXXXIHOWESNESS of some sort.

Perhaps if you want your dog to SHOWE aggression
all you'd need to do is DEMONSTRATE to them HOWE
to respond and PRAISE HIM for it... The Amazing
Puppy Wizard EXXXPLAINS the rudiments of HOWE HE
trains attack dogs in HIS Post "McProtection Training".

First, study your FREE COPY of The Amazing Puppy
Wizard's FREE WWW Wits' End Dog Training Method
Manual which will teach you and your dog HOWE to
understand and TRUST each other. THEN set up a
couple of situations wherebye you can DEMONSTRATE
the behavior you want and praise him regardless
of his response as you follow and employ the non
physical psychological conditioning techniques as
taught in your own FREE COPY of The Amazing Puppy
Wizard's FREE WWW Wits' End Dog Training Method
Manual. You know, the WON the DOG LOVERS will WARN
YOU NOT TO READ on accHOWENT of it makes them LOOK
LIKE liars dog abusers cowards and active acute long
term incurable MENTAL CASES <{); ~ ) >

"The Methods, Principles, And Philosophy Of Behavior
Never Change,
Or They'd Not Be Scientific And Would Not Obtain
Consistent, Reliable, Fast, Effective Results
For All Handler's
And All Dogs,
ALL OVER The WHOWEL WILD WORLD
NEARLY INSTANTLY,
As Taught In Your FREE Copy Of The Puppy Wizard's FREE
WWW Wits' End Dog Training Method Manual,"
The Puppy Wizard. <{} ; ~ ) >

You can TRAIN ANY DOG KAT or CHILD in a few minutes
to NATURALLY WANT to do ANY THING you ask if you DON'T
follow the ADVICE of the lying dog kat and child abusing
MENTAL CASES you're askin for HEELP.

You GET The Critter You TRAINED
A DOG Is A Dog;
As A KAT Is A KAT;
As A BIRDY Is A BIRDY;
As A CHILD IS A CHILD;
As A SP-HOWES Is a SP-HOWES.

ALL Behavior Problems Are CAUSED BY MISHANDLING

ALL Critters Only Respond In
PREDICTABLE INNATE NORMAL NATURAL
INSTINCTIVE REFLEXIVE Ways;
To Situations And Circumstances Of Their Environment
Which We Create For Them.

Damn The Descartean War of "Nature Vs Nurture."
We Teach By HOWER Words And Actions
And GET BACK What We TAUGHT.

Here's your FREE copy of The Amazing Puppy
Wizard's FREE WWW Wits' End Dog Training
Method Manual:

http://makeashorterlink.com/?G34D2527A

Just ASK The Amazing Puppy Wizard if you
need any additional FREE heelp. There's NO
arbritrary INFORMATION in your FREE copy
of The Amazing Puppy Wizard's FREE WWW
Wits' End Dog Training Method Manual so
study it well and do and follow ALL the
EXXXERCISES AS INSTRUCTED... it's a PRECISE
SCIENCE or it COULDN'T GET 100% CONSISTENT
NEARLY INSTANT SUCCESS for all handlers
and all dogs in all fields or utilities
and behaviors all over the Whole Wild
World NEARLY INSTANTLY, maybe FASTER <{) ; ~ ) >

NHOWE let's take a look at some common beliefs:

From: "Lil' Dave" <spamyours...@virus.net>
Date: Sun, 1 May 2005 05:53:06 -0500
Subject: Re: Children*2+Computer+Koolaid=Keyboard Error

> Children*2+Computer+Koolaid=Keyboard
> Error=undisciplined children=lazy parent

IOW, the parents should SUPERVISE and MANAGE rather
than teach by demonstrated self discipline that food
and drink do not belong on the puter table?

> Fix the parent,

Of curse, the parent has probably told the child
"NO!" C-HOWENTLESS times JUST LIKE HOWE HOWER DOG
LOVERS TRY to train their dogs not to eat garbage
or steal from C-HOWENTERS or escape their HOWESES.

> then replace the keyboard.

Right... but the kids WOULDN'T DO THAT if the
parents KNEW HOWE to teach them otherWIZE or
they wouldn't HAVE that PROBLEM to begin with <{); ~ ) >

From: "Lil' Dave" <spamyours...@virus.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 00:46:57 GMT

Subject: Re: don't buy your dog a knotted- rope tug toy!!!!!!!

"mcalister" <nos...@nospam.net> wrote in message

> "Carl" <CarlSwan...@nospamfrontiernet­.net> wrote in message

Carl wrote in with a DISASTER story regardin chew toys...
We've got several dogs like matty aka Rocky's "student"
who've swallowed chew toys garbage and other life threatening
objects includin deadly poison like bentcajungirl aka perry's
(see current thread: "collars") DEAD DOG Maggie for eatin
Gorilly Glue in the five minutes IT was left alone...

> > On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 12:19:32 +0100, "Diana"
> > <d...@dogstuffagain.fslife.co.­uk> wrote:

diana aka lush is a victim of parental abuse, another
lying dog abusing punk thug coward mental case gang
members who hurts and intimdiated her own DEAD DOG
Stone till she had no choice but to MURDER IT and
then got her dog Cin as his REPLACEMENT <{); ~ ) >

> >>"Carl" <CarlSwan...@nospamfrontiernet­.net> wrote in message
> >>[..]

INDEEDY. HOWEver, dogs usually only ingest inedible
STUFF when they're AFRAID someWON is gonna STEAL IT
from them. Dogs that swallow STUFF they steal or hide
bones or toys in their own HOWESES are AFRAID or
INSECURE <{); ~ ) >

> >> Don't feed your children, they might choke;

Fortunately diana aka lush seems to have never
been blessed with children <{); ~ ) >

> >> don't exercise your dog, it may get injured;

Dogs are bred to work... dogs do not break from
EXXXORCISE they BREAK DHOWEN from STRESS, JUST
LIKE HOWE diana aka lush's DEAD DOG Stone done
and phil's two DEAD DOGS and diane bergman's
DEAD and DEATHLY ILL dogs and all the other
DEATHLY ILL DEAD and DYING dogs HOWER dog lovers
accHOWENT for in their posts... it's ALL available
RIGHT HERE in The Amazing Puppy Wizard's Archives.

> don't leave the house, you may get hit by a bus...

HOWER DOG LOVERS can't leave their eyes off of their
dogs on accHOWENT of they KNOW they'll RUN HOWET on them.

> >> Or consider your dogs own behaviour (i.e., mine
> >> is a chewer but *not* an ingester)

Good. HOWEver, EXXXCESSIVE or voraciHOWES chewing
is an anXXXIHOWESS relief mechanism and should be
EXXXTINGUISHED to avoid developing other obsessive
compulsive behaviors <{); ~ ) >

> and 'supervise' all play activities to ensure that
> your dog does not come to any harm.

That's a WIZE idea. Two dogs runnin and crashin
into each other at thirty five miles an HOWER
could be fatal to both...

> >> Life would be too boring to tolerate if we
> >> never took any risks for the sake of fun.

Sometimes innocent dumb critters deserve a
little tender lovin care and attention so's
they DON'T GOT TO LEARN THE HARD WAY as HOWER
dog lovers have CHOSEN to undertake for their
own mental heelth issues...

> >>Diana

That's a VERY demented, dangerHOWES person we're dealin with...

> > Oh..... you should be a USA Republican....a sarcastic
> > discussion stopping, selfish know it all. A disgusting
> > human is this bastion of man's best friend.

THAT'S THE NATURE OF THE BEAST here in The Amazing
Puppy Wizard's HUMAN BEHAVIOR RESEARCH LABORATORY.

> > Unless you remove access to the toy when the dog
> > is out of sight, don't have one around the dog.

NHOWE THAT'S THE SAME PROBLEM as the keyboard, above.

If you MANAGE and CON-TROLL and SUPERVISE a dog or
child and PREVENT and AVOID mistakes and accidents
you DISAVAIL THEM of LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES...

This has ALL been thourHOWELY DISS-CUSSED in The
Amazing Puppy Wizard's FREE WWW Wits' End Dog Training
Method Manual and in C-HOWENTLESS Posts RIGHT HERE.

> I'm a USA Republican,

The Amazing Puppy Wizard is an Anarchist <{); ~ ) >

>> I cannot understand your note, please post
>> again using your native tounge. You lost
>> something in the translation.

Seems like someWON don't LIKE Carl's message...

> Think she said the guy's a loser in so many words.

Well then, that kinda sez you ain't got no
ideas or information or even a OPINION abHOWET
the subject...other than to make ad homonimum
attacks on folks you don't know abHOWET subject
matter you don't understand.

WELCOME TO The Amazing Puppy Wizard's SCHOOL Of HARD KNOCKS.

> And losers have to watch the dog chew his toy.

INDEEDY. At least till they're SHORE the dog AIN'T
AFRAID of LOSIN it to someWON and learns to RELAXXX
and ENJOY a leisurely chew, not obsessive / compulsive
anXXXIHOWESNESS or POSSESSIVENESS chewin <{); ~ ) >

LIKE THIS, for EXXXAMPLE:

HOWEDY matty,

"Rocky" <2...@rocky-dog.com> wrote in message

> Melinda Shore said in rec.pets.dogs.behavior:
> >>To put a dollar value on it: A "drop it" command would
> >>have saved an acquaintance a $1000 surgery bill on her lab.

That so?

Seems the DROP IT command happens AFTER
the dog has TAKEN the FORBIDDEN FRUIT.

> >> Said lab (not a puppy) wouldn't give up a squeaky
> >> and, when presented with a treat in exchange,

You mean as a BRIBE to release what IT got
in ITS MHOWETH that YOU WANT MOORE
than the stinkin weenie you're offerin IT in
EXXXCHANGE?

EVEN A DOG GOT MOORE BRAINS than
to fall for THAT kinda IDIOCY.

> > > made the decision to swallow the toy

As ANY critter would, being PURSUED by
a COMPETITOR, dog lovers. What do you
EXXXPECT a dog to do when you're fixin
to STEAL his BHOWENTY.

> >> and then grab and swallow the treat bag.

THAT'S what The Amazing Puppy Wizard's
been TELLIN you bums in HIS N.I.L.I.F. Posts.

REMEMBER, matty?

The Amazing Puppy Wizard SEZ the dog is
fixin to tell yout to SHOVE IT and RIP YOU
OFF for your weenies and FIGHT you if you
offer a protest.

THAT'S HOWE COME your stinkin N.I.L.I.F.
program GETS SOME DOGS DEAD, matty.

> > I'm very sorry for what must have been a terrible
> > scare for your friend as well the risk to the dog,

MOST of HOWER DOG LOVERS here abHOWETS
have BEEN THROUGH the SAME SAME SAME SAME
for the SAME SAME SAME SAME REASON.

THAT'S HOWE COME The Amazing Puppy Wizard
goes "BWEEEEEEEEAAAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!"

REMEMBER NHOWE, matty, you lying dog
abusing punk thug coward MENTAL CASE?

BWEEEEEEEAAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!

> > but it's hard not to admire a dog with
> > advanced problem-solving skills.

BULLSHIT.

The dog attacked the bag of treats based on
PREDICTABLE NORMAL NATURAL INNATE
INSTINCTIVE REFLECIVE behavior.

A freakin CHIMPANZEE woulda seen THAT comin.

> It was a scare for me, too.

That so, matty? No "skin off your nose," eh matty?
Hey? That's abHOWET HOWE and where leah got
bit, too.

> How's this for problem-solving:

AllHOWE The Amazing Puppy Wizard to
CONsult HIS crystal ball. Ooops! SEZ you're
a lying dog abusing mental case and you
can't post your idiocy here abHOWETS no
doGgamened MOORE.

> The dog went for the hand that was holding the
> bag of treats, not the treat in the proffered hand.

SHAAAZZZAAAMMM?

> In doing so, she scraped up my hand fairly well

The dog BIT you matty. JUST LIKE HOWE
The Amazing Puppy Wizard SEZ a dog is
SUPPOSED TO DO, matty, on accHOWENT
of THAT is the NATURE of the BEAST.

> (I was attempting the trade

Dogs ain't into TRADING, matty. They
don't CARE abHOWET your "VALUES."

> after my acquaintance stood still after saying
> "drop it drop it drop it" and after her attempted
> wrestling away didn't work).

You went an stuck your hand in the dog's face
to teach IT to RESPECT you for a WEENIE.

> BTW, this was the second time this dog had
> had bowel surgery and the Nth time she wouldn't
> give up a toy to the owner.

Well, perhaps THAT'S on accHOWENT of
all the REINFORCEMENT you've done on
this behavior problem by REWARDING
BAD BEHAVIORS with TREATS, eh matty?

> I told her to get her dog to the vet ASAP,

On accHOWENT of you fed IT a whole bag
of "treats" to wash DHOWEN a squeeky toy
you din't have the INTELLECT to GET THE
DOG TO PLAY WITH?

> but she waited until the next day.

"Birds of a feather," eh matty.

> --Matt. Rocky's a Dog.

"We Had "Come" Down Pat In A Few Reps
And You Could Have Knocked Me Down
When I Tried The Exercise With "Drop" And,
After A Few Reps In Different Spots Darwin
Practically *Threw* The Ball At My Feet On
Command," Ben.

Hi, Jerry.

I'm not sure that I'm a 100% convert, or that I agree
with (or even understand) 100% of what you say in this
manual ... BUT ... we had "come" down pat in a few
reps and you could have knocked me down when I tried
the exercise with "drop" and, after a few reps in
different spots Darwin practically *threw* the rubber
ball at my feet on command. He's still not perfect
(just a pup, after all, and he's stubborn enough to
want to push and test me a little bit more).

For what it's worth, I can see (as no doubt you have)
how your usenet manner is likely to rankle a few
folks, but that woman who advocates ear pulling and
beating with sticks deserves everything she gets. Even
if that was the only method that would work, I'd live
with my dog not fetching rather than do any of that.
(Darwin fetches enthusiastically and instinctively,
tho').

Best, ben

===================

You can't post here abHOWETS nodoGgamenedMOORE
on accHOWENT of you're a liar a dog abuser a coward
and active long term incurable MENTAL CASE:

From: Rocky (mbon...@sunada.com)
Subject: Re: Leg Humper
Date: 1999/09/14

B*.@aol.com (Jerry Howe) wrote in
<*.@bellsouth.n­et>:

>By "sticking your knee up," I can only presume that you are
>suggesting that the people knee the dog in the chest. If
>that's what you meant, just say it, instead of beating around
>the bush to avoid criticism from people like me. That kind of
>crap has got to stop, and that's why I'm here, to help wean
>you guys off of the abuse and into the proper methods of
>dealing with behavior problems.

Jerry, I was appreciating your explanation
up until this last paragraph.

Why did you blow it?

--Matt

"Rocky" <> wrote in message

> Linda wrote in rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

> > When you compare using sound and
> > praise to solve a problem with using
> > shock collars, hanging, and punishment
> > how can you criticize the use of sound?

> There's nothing more to be said, then.
> You've made up your mind.

> But you've impressed me by mentioning
> that you're a professor with 30 years of
> experience.

> So, can you cite some examples of
> people recommending "shock collars,
> hanging, and punishment"?
> --
> --Matt. Rocky's a Dog.

BWWWAWHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!

"Granted That The Dog Who Fears Retribution
Will Adore His Owner," lying "I LOVE KOEHLER"
lynn.

lyinglynn writes to a new foster care giver:
For barking in the crate - leave the leash on and
pass it through the crate door. Attach a line to it.
When he barks, use the line for a correction.

- if necessary, go to a citronella bark collar.

Lynn K.

"I used to work the Kill Room as a volunteer in
one shelter.) But their ability to set their own
schedules and duties causes a great deal of
scheduling overhead.

And it takes effort and thought to ensure that
volunteers get the meaningful experience that
they work for.

Someone has to be responsible for that
Volunteer Program, and it is best done
by a non-volunteer."

Lynn K.
------------------------------­---

> > > Jerome Bigge writes:
> > > I do know that hitting, hurting your dog will often
> > > make the dog either aggressive or a fear biter,
> > > neither of which we want to do.
> > And neither does anyone else, Jerome.
> > No matter what Jerry Howe states.
> > --Matt. Rocky's a Dog.

"Just Want To Second Jerry's Method For
Dealing With This (Destructive Separation
Anxiety). I've Suggested It To Quite A Few
Clients Now And It's Worked 'EVERY TIME
The Very First Time' - marilyn, Trainer, 33
Years Experience.

You DO remember KILLFILING MARILYN for
her coment above regarding her success with
The Puppy Wizard's Surrogate Toy Separation
Anxiety / Bed Time Calming / Submissive
Urination Technique (STSA/BTC/SUT)?

Perhaps you likeWIZE recall a pediatrician, Dr. Z,
who commented that his bed time calming technique
was quite similar?

> > You're scary Marilyn.
> > Marilyn must be quite a disturbed individual.
> > I feel very sorry for her and her family.

"His Amazing Progress Almost Makes Me Cry.
Your Method Takes Positive Training To The
Next Level And Should Really Be Used By All
Trainers Who Call Themselves Trainers. Thank
You For Helping Me Save His Life," Kay Pierce,
Professional Trainer, 30 Years Experience.

> > BUT, giving you the benefit of the
> > doubt, please provide a quote (an
> > original quote, not from one of Jerry
> > Howe's heavily edited diatribes) that
> > shows a regular poster promoting or
> > using an abusive form of training.
>
> > --Matt. Rocky's a Dog.

BWWWWEAAAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!

Is that true, Marilyn?

Of course not~ but THIS IS:

"Chin CHUCK absolutely doesn't mean slap,"
professora gingold.

"Warning: Sometimes The Corrections Will
Seem Quite Harsh And Cause You To Cringe.
This Is A Normal Reaction The First Few Times
It Happens, But You'll Get Over It." mike duforth,
author: "Courteous Canine."

"I have heard advice stating that you should
pre-load your dog for Bitter Apple for it to work
as efficiently as possible. What does this mean?

When you bring home the Bitter Apple for the first
time, spray one squirt directly into the dog's mouth
and walk away. The dog won't be too thrilled with
this but just ignore him and continue your normal
behavior." --Mike Dufort author of the zero selling
book "Courteous Canines"

"I'd call the SHOCK fence effective and safe.
Humane is one of those hot words that people
can debate all day so I won't touch that one.
There are people who would call a regular chain
link fence inhumane," liea altshuller.

"I know this is a hard subject to bring up without starting the
whole cruelty thread again so I'll state my opinion once and
won't defend it further: any method can be cruel for some
dogs.

Even the slightest punishment was wrong for Cubbe at the
beginning, but w e'vecomealongwaysincethen.Shet­rusts
us now as I mentioned in a recent post. Point is, she's been
rewarded for coming, but she's never been punished, even in
the mildest way, for not coming.

Is it time for that?

What might I look for to tell?"

"Julia Altshuler" <jaltshu...@comcast.net> wrote in message

> After talking with the vet yesterday and watching
> Cubbe all day today, I'm convinced that the shaking
> is behavioral, not physical. Naturally I'll continue
> keeping an eye on her, but when I add everything
> up, I don't see symptoms of anything neurological--
> and the vet agrees.
> --Lia

"Things are beginning to get much worse day
by day and the vets seem unable to help.
http://www.oofus.com/pix/PoorR­ufusMed.WMV
http://www.oofus.com/pix/PoorR­ufusSmall.WMV"

THAT'S AN OCD. His owner CAUSED IT by
MISHANDLING and ABUSING his dog according
to the BEST advice of HOWER Gang Of Lying
Dog Abusing Punk Thug Cowards And ACTIVE
LONG TERM INCURABLE MENTAL CASES and
ASYLUM ESCAPEES.

BWEEEEEEEEAAHAHAHAHHHAAAA!!!

From: Mark Shaw (m...@bangnetcom.com)
Subject: Re: Fido-Shock
Date: 2002-04-10 14:12:18 PST

In article <gWLs8.203228$af7.101030@rwcrn­sc53>,

"Coleman Brumley" <clbrum...@home.com> wrote:
>Has anyone had experience with this product (Fido-Shock).
>If so, what model number, voltage, etc.?

If you're talking about the pet-grade hotwire system, I have
one. It's to keep boarded dogs out of my flowers.

>I have a 1.5 year St Bernard who is scaling (not clearing --
>more like falling over) our 4 foot fence to visit with owners
>walking their dogs. I thought of raising the fence a foot or
>so, but don't think that'll solve the problem. I've tried
>watching her outside, and give a stern "NO" when she
>props on the fence for a peek over it. No avail.
>I've heard this product works after just a couple of tries.

I take it you're considering running the wire across the top
of the fence? I don't think I'd recommend that, although it
may be worth a try. Watch closely -- the one case where I saw
a hotwire used in this fashion caused the dog undue stress and
frustration, and he tried even harder to get over the fence.
So be prepared to take it down right away.

That was a Dane, though. With a Saint things might be
different.

--
Mark Shaw

culprit's dogs MURDERED her kat for
standin behind their SHOCK FENCE
just like HOWE liea's dog attacked
her only friend and tried to attack two
little kids for standin in her SHOCK ZONE:

From: culprit (culp...@flashmail.com)
Subject: Re: Video clip......."Nero" practicing bark alert,
while walking backwards
Date: 2004-06-05 18:53:50 PST

------------------------------­--

"Sionnach" <rhyfe...@msn.com> wrote in message

> "OzDingo" wrote:
> > That's a trick question Right......

OzDingo means "have you ever felt a shock collar."

> Not in the slightest.

OzDingo just said they ain't used where she lives
cause they're CRUEL and UNUSUAL PUNISHMENT.

The Geneva Conventions HOWEtlaws them
for use on prisoners of war cause they're CRUEL.

> Despite having seen them used correctly,

There AIN'T no way noHOWE to pupperly
shock choke beat punish a dog.

> and being able to see for myself

You're a lying dog abusing MENTAL CASE.

> that they didn't bother the dogs when they were,

You mean, when they were used to pupperly hurt a dog.

> I didn't really become comfortable with
> them myself until I felt one.

You're a sexual sado masochist and a liar
and a dog abuser, sinofabitch.

> It's not even remotely painful,

You're a lying dog abusing mental case.

> although it can be startling on higher
> levels or if you're not expecting it.

Kinda like walkin across a cold carpet
and touchin the kat. Or like a tap on the
shoulder.

> And it's not a static shock like when you
> pet a cat and get zapped,

That's curiHOWES. The medical grade shock
device company SEZ it's "STATIC LIKE STIMULATION."

> or lightning;

Well THAT would set a dog on fire:

>From the Dayton Daily News: 05.05.2001]

Lawsuit on dog's behalf could set legal precedent

Electrified collar burned family pet

By Cathy Mong
Dayton Daily News

VANDALIA |

A civil lawsuit filed by a Vandalia family on behalf
of its injured dog could set legal precedent in Ohio,
says Dayton attorney Paul R. Leonard, an avowed
animal lover who wants the state to toughen its
penalties for abuse of pets.

Leonard, former Dayton mayor and state legislator
in the 1970s, said the case of Boomer, a 4-year-old
rambunctious golden retriever burned by an electrified
collar, is the first to be filed by his newly formed
Center for Animal Law and Advocacy.

------------------------------­-

> it doesn't burn,

You tried to say the pictures of the burn
looked like the battery leaked, or that the
pictures were FAKED.

You're a lying dog abusing MENTAL CASE.

> and it leaves no after-sensation.

http://tinyurl.com/389al
In this video, the dog is constantly jerking his
head all around. I'm not SHORE why he's doing that.
If he's doing it because he is being shocked repeatedly
into getting onto that skateboard, then it is my
opinion that Fred Hassen is a dog abuser in the
extreme. As would anyone be, no matter how much
"experience" they had shocking dogs, nor how
nationally "respected" they are/were.

If, HOWEver, the dog is jerking his head all around
because he is happy and for no other reason, well,
then, never mind. I've just never seen this kind of
behavior from a dog before, so maybe Fred can
explain what would cause a dog to move his head
like that.

Here's a other:
http://tinyurl.com/2v9oh

> "J1Boss" <j1b...@aol.com> wrote in message
> > > I can't imagine needing anything higher
> > > than a 5 with it, even with an insensitive
> > > dog like a Lab.

An INSENSITIVE DOG???

> > I can't remember what model of Innotek I have, but
> > I had apointer ignore a neck-muscle-pulsing 9.

> > BUT, giving you the benefit of the
> > doubt, please provide a quote (an
> > original quote, not from one of Jerry
> > Howe's heavily edited diatribes) that
> > shows a regular poster promoting or
> > using an abusive form of training.

BWWWWEAAAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!

> > --Matt. Rocky's a Dog.

THAT'S sumpthin to be PR-HOWED abHOWET, eh matty?

[...]

Paxil Princess psychoclown wrote:

"Nope. That "beating dogs with sticks"
things is something you twisted out of
context, because you are full of bizarro
manure."

"Get a stick 30- or 40-inches long. You can have a helper
wield the stick, or do it yourself. Tougher, less tractable
dogs may require you to progress to striking them more
sharply.

REPEAT, VARYING HOW HARD YOU HIT THE DOG.

Now you are ready to progress to what most people think of
as force-fetching: the ear pinch.

Make the dog's need to stop the pinching so urgent that
resisting your will fades in importance.

but will squeal, thrash around, and direct their efforts to
escaping the ear pinch even get a studded collar and pinch
the ear against that if the dog still does not open its mouth,
get out the shotshell.

Try pinching the ear between the metal casing and the
collar, even the buckle on the collar. Persist! Eventually, the
dog will give in

With your hand on the collar and ear, say, 'fetch.'

Immediately tap the dog on the hindquarters with the stick.

Repeat "fetch" and pinch the ear all the way to the dummy.
You can press the dog's ear with a shotshell instead of your
thumb; Say 'fetch' while pressing the dummy against its lips
and pinching its ear," lying frosty dahl.

"I worked with one shelter where I bathed and groomed
every adoptable dog on intake. I frankly felt that the
effort/benefit equation was not balanced for some of the
older/ill poodle/terrier mixes we got in badly matted condition.

Should I have refused to groom them?

Or even more pertinent - I was one of the people who
had to make the euthanasia decisions at that shelter."

Lynn K.

"You Lying Sack Of Dung.When Have I Ever Said
Anything About Using A Prong Collar, Or Any Collar
Correction At All, To Make Dogs Friendly To House
Cats? Don't bother. The answer is never," lying "I
LOVE KOEHLER" lynn.

lying "I LOVE KOEHLER" lynn writes about kats and dogs:

"This Article Is Something We've Put Together
For SF GSD Rescue

From: Lynn Kosmakos (lkosma...@home.com)
Subject: Re: I have a dog he has cats
Date: 1999/11/20

g*.@my-deja.com wrote:
> How can I get him to quit chasing the cats.

Okay - this is going to be a bit loooong - Lynn K.

"Put a prong collar with a six-foot leash on the dog. Don't
forget to put the muzzle on the dog. I think a prong works
better than a choke with less chance of injury to the dog in
this situation.

Electronics can be used to create an aversion to cats, but
should be used under the direction of a trainer who knows how
to instruct the owner in their proper use. Electronics can
take the form of shock, sonic or citronella collars. At that
time the owner will train with electronics instead of food or
whatever other reward system was being used."

8) Put a prong collar with a six-foot leash on the dog.
Don't forget to put the muzzle on the dog. I think a prong
works better than a choke with less chance of injury to the
dog in this situation. Have the dog in a sit-stay next to
you with most of the slack out of the leash and let the cat
walk through the room and up to the dog if it wishes (this is
why you have the dog muzzled).

If the dog makes an aggressive move towards the
cat, it must be corrected strongly with both your
voice and the collar.

This is important - the correction must be physically
very strong - not a nag. (PS: not many dogs need
to be corrected at all)."

Baghdad Bob <Baghdadbob> wrote in message

> >> Lynn, looks like he got you there if these
> >> quotes are true.
> >> In the posts below you take responsibility for
> >> making those calls.
> >> In your post above, you state you do not
> >> make those calls.
> >>Which one is it?

WORDS OF WISDOM
from our own Lynn Kosmakos
1200mg of lithium and 50 mg of Zoloft every day
For Twenty Years

I THINK I'M QUALIFIED TO TALK ABOUT
LITHIUM

"I, too, have a bi-polar mood disorder (manic-
depression) requiring 1200mg of lithium and 50
mg of Zoloft every day.

I, also, care about dogs and use this forum to
learn more, while happily sharing pertinent
information I have learned. But if I were ever
to post such sh*t, I would hope that every other
reader of this group would be rightfully outraged."

"Community is an evolutionary thing that we
earn the right to participate in by observing
the easily understood rules and contributing
to in constructive ways."

Lynn K.

------------------------------­-----------

"It wasn't that meds didn't work for her
- she wouldn't take them. I particularly remember
a comment she made about scarey side effects of
Lithium. Hardly. After 17 years on it, I think
I'm qualified to say that the very low risk of
any side effect is far less frightening than the
very real dangers of life without it."

Lynn K.
------------------------------­-----------

LYNN K. and LOIS E, and a BiLateral, BiPolar
conversation on Mental problems. LYNN AND LOIS
Almost 50 years on mental illness medications combined

------------------------------­-----------

> But I think what Lois was referring to
> was the fact that Darlene actually
> stated at some point that she was
> bipolar--and, IIRC, that meds did not work
> for her--so she was prone to major-league
> ups and downs and sudden
> enthusiasms..

"It wasn't that meds didn't work for her
- she wouldn't take them. I particularly remember
a comment she made about scarey side effects of
Lithium. Hardly. After 17 years on it, I think
I'm qualified to say that the very low risk of
any side effect is far less frightening than the
very real dangers of life without it."

Lynn K.
------------------------------­-----------

LYNN K. and the UNQUIET MIND

From: Lynn Kosmakos (lkosma...@home.com)
Subject: Re: Where is Darlene?
Date: 1999/09/03

BoxHill wrote:
> I know I am totally off topic here, but have you read
> "The Unquiet Mind"?

Yeah. It's interesting, but kind of
watered down for the mass market, if
you know what I mean. There's really
quite a lot of good work out there and
decent research. Thank God.

Lynn K.
------------------------------­---------

MOTHER AND CHILD REUNION "KUCKOO!! CUCKOO!!!"
MOTHER (LOIS E.) 22 YEARS on TRICYCLICS, DAUGHTER BIPOLAR...

YOU DO THE MATH

"What's really terrific, is now days you can say proudly,
'I take anti-depressives'"

------------------------------­-------

From: Gary & lois Edwards (g...@bmi.net)
Date: 1999/09/02

BEEN ON TRICYCLICS FOR ABOUT 22 YEARS

"I don't take lithium, but I've been on trycyclics
for about 22 years. Been there, done that, have
the t-shirt to prove it. What's really terrific,
is now days you can say proudly,

"I take anti-depressives". Back when I started
taking them it was seen as something shameful.
If you cut your leg off, and were lying there with
a bleeding stump, you'd never let the word
depressed, pass your lips, or the doc's would say,
"You're depressed, on medication? Well, can't have
any pain meds.....you could become addicted."

The good old days. I actually had a Great Aunt who's
father locked her in her room back in the twenties
because she was simple. A shame that medication
probably would have helped her live a normal life.

No Denna, I was just saying with Darlene's
personality, she has a way of making grandiose
plans when at the top of her manic cycle....as
does my daughter. I wasn't saying that anyone
with problems could be counted on to be
irresponsible."

Lois E.
------------------------------­-------

captain arthur haggerty SEZ: "A CHIN CHUCK"
Makes A ResoundingSound Distraction: "When
You Chuck The Dog The Sound Will Travel Up
The Mandible To The Ears And Give A Popping
Sound To The Dog."

lyinglynn writes to a new foster care giver:
For barking in the crate - leave the leash on and
pass it through the crate door. Attach a line to it.
When he barks, use the line for a correction.

- if necessary, go to a citronella bark collar.

Lynn K.

> ================

"An indelible impression can sometimes be made
by giving the dog a hard spanking of long duration,
then leaving him tied by the mess he's made so you
can come back at twenty minute intervals and punish
him again for the same thing.

In most cases, the dog that deliberately does this
disagreeable thing cannot be made reliable by the
light spanking that some owners seem to think is
adequate punishment.

It will be better for your dog, as well as the house,
if you really pour it on him," wm koehler.

lyinglynn writes to a new foster care giver:
For barking in the crate - leave the leash on and
pass it through the crate door. Attach a line to it.
When he barks, use the line for a correction.

- if necessary, go to a citronella bark collar.

Lynn K.

> ================

That's INSANE. Ain't it.

"Many People Have Problems Getting The Pinch
Right, Either They Do Not Pinch Enough, Or They
Have A Very Stoic Dog. Some Dogs Will Collapse
Into A Heap. About The Ear Pinch: You Must Keep
The Pressure Up," sindy "don't let the dog SCREAM"
mooreon, author of HOWER FAQ's pages on k9 web.

You think HURTING a HUNTING DOG to
MAKE IT HUNT is NECESSARY???

"Well, Jack Did Hit My Dog. Actually I'd Call It
A Sharp Tap Of The Crook To The Nose. I Know
Jack Wouldn't HaveDone It If He Thought Solo
Couldn't Take It. I Still Crate Him Because
Otherwise I Fear He Might Eat My Cat," melanie.

You think allowing a "FEAR AGGRESSIVE MAN
SHY" dog to be BEATEN by a strange male trainer
is INTELLIGENT BEHAVIOR for a DOG LOVER?

terri willis, Psychoclown wrote:
"Nope. That "beating dogs with sticks"
things is something you twisted out of
context, because you are full of bizarro
manure."

It's Only Alimentary, Dear Watson
2005-07-02 20:05:55 EST
HOWEDY pat,

unsurreality_2005@yahoo.com wrote:

> Where is your website, chump?

You're settin in it...

The Amazing Puppy Wizard <{); ~ ) >

Lil' Dave
2005-07-03 07:49:36 EST

message news:1120349155.541314.8900@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
> HOWEDY pat,
>
> unsurreality_2005@yahoo.com wrote:
>
> > Where is your website, chump?
>
> You're settin in it...
>
> The Amazing Puppy Wizard <{); ~ ) >

My name or handle is not Pat. You have anything to say in response to the
OP, which you left out of your response. Your reply seems to be having a
conversation with itself, seek help if so. If you're saying a public forum
such as this newsgroup is your website, again, seek help. Crossposting not
smart if any are true.

John Oliver
2005-07-03 23:49:20 EST
On Fri, 01 Jul 2005 16:57:54 GMT, Lil' Dave wrote:
> Kindest, nicest dog I've ever seen. Thing is, I live on a 5 acre plat.
> This a rural area with very light vehicular traffic. The house has a full
> front porch. I keep the dog chained to the porch ballisters overnight. He
> sleeps near the front door. When strangers (to him) approach the front
> porch, he simply looks at them showing no guarding, threatening, or for that
> matter, any friendly gesture. He simply eyeballs them. Nor, does he get in
> the way to the door.
>
> Should I let this be, or should I teach him to exhibit some guarding
> behavior to strangers? If so, how?

I'm no expert, but... a dog is a loyal friend and companion to you. Why
would you chain your 100% loyal friend outside all night, every night?
Maybe the poor thing just doesn't feel that possessive?

* California gun owners - protect your rights and join the CRPA today! *
* http://www.crpa.org/ *
* San Diego shooters come to http://shooting.forsandiego.com/ *

YourConscience
2005-07-07 11:55:09 EST

HOWEDY lil' dave,

Lil' Dave wrote:
> >"It's Only Alimentary, Dear Watson" <PerryStalsis@Animail.Net> wrote in
> message news:1120349155.541314.8900@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
> > HOWEDY pat,
> >
> > unsurreality_2005@yahoo.com wrote:
> >
> > > Where is your website, chump?
> >
> > You're settin in it...
> >
> > The Amazing Puppy Wizard <{); ~ ) >
> >

> My name or handle is not Pat.

RIGHT! HOWEver, The Amazing Puppy Wizard was replyin to pat.
pat is a lying dog abusing punk thug coward active acute long
term incurable MENTAL CASE, lil' dave <{); ~ ) >

pat WANTS you to HURT your dog like HOWE she
HURTS and INTIDMIATES her own dogs, lil' dave.

> You have anything to say in response to the OP,

The Amazing Puppy Wizard GAVE YOU ALL the INFORMATION
you need to train your dog NEARLY INSTANTLY to naturally
WANT to DO ANY THING YOU ASK, lil' dave. PERHAPS you DIDN'T
LIKE what The Amazing Puppy Wizard offered you FOR FREE,
lil' dave:"

Here's your FREE copy of The Amazing Puppy
Wizard's FREE WWW Wits' End Dog Training
Method Manual:

http://makeashorterlink.com/?G34D2527A

Just ASK The Amazing Puppy Wizard if you
need any additional FREE heelp. There's NO
arbritrary INFORMATION in your FREE copy
of The Amazing Puppy Wizard's FREE WWW
Wits' End Dog Training Method Manual so
study it well and do and follow ALL the
EXXXERCISES AS INSTRUCTED... it's a
PRECISE SCIENCE or it COULDN'T GET
100% CONSISTENT NEARLY INSTANT
SUCCESS for all handlers and all dogs in
all fields or utilities and behaviors all over
the Whole Wild World <{) ; ~ ) >

> which you left out of your response.

The Amazing Puppy Wizard ANSWERED your questions
FULLY and as RESPECTFULLY and with as much dignity
as possible under these circumstances.

> Your reply seems to be having a conversation with itself,

PERHAPS YOU DIDN'T LIKE what you LEARNED, lil' dave?
If you READ The Amazing Puppy Wizard's REPLY to you,
you'd LEARN HOWE COME we got liars dog abusers cowards
and active acute long term incurable mental cases who'd
tell you to jerk choke shock lock your dogs in boxes
bribe intimidate and MURDER them, lil' dave <{); ~ ) >

> seek help if so.

You'll NOTICE the DOG LOVERS didn't reply to your post,
EXXXCEPT pat and NHOWE johnny boy threw his 2 cents worth
into the mix...

> If you're saying a public forum such as this newsgroup

You mean The Amazing Puppy Wizard's FREE WWW Wits' End
Dog Training Method Manual Forums <{); ~ ) >

> is your website,

WELCOME!

> again, seek help.

It's on accHOWENT of NICE FOLKS like yourself askin
these lying dog abusing punk thug coward mental cases
for advice, that we got LYING DOG ABUSING PUNK THUG
COWARD MENTAL CASES postin replies to you...

> Crossposting not smart

The Amazing Puppy Wizard crossposts to EMBARRASS
the Gang Of Lying Dog Abusing Punk Thug Cowards
And ACTIVE ACUTE LONG TERM INCURABLE MENTAL CASES,
as you've noticed, lil' dave <{); ~ ) >

> if any are true.

IT'S ALL TRUE, lil' dave. Here it is AGAIN IN
CASE you didn't want to BELIEVE what you're
seein the first time. Can you not SEE the
LIES PAIN FEAR FORCE INTIMDIATION ABUSE and
MURDER HOWER DOG LOVERS PREFER?:

From: "It's Only Alimentary, Dear Watson"
<*.@Animail.Net>

Date: 1 Jul 2005 17:56:42 -0700

Subject: Re: Happy with the dog, but....

HOWEDY Lil' Dave,

Lil' Dave wrote:

> Please do not isolate replies as a standalone post.

The Amazing Puppy Wizard ordinarily cross posts to
as many of The Amazing Puppy Wizard's FREE WWW Wits'
End Dog Training Method Forums as HE is able to,
dependin on HOWE HIS newsgroup server provides <{); ~ ) >

> Keep within the thread.

The Amazing Puppy Wizard relies on HIS Pattonted CONstructive
ANAL-ytic SocraTEASE / Koehler methods of behaviorISM <{); ~ ) >

> If you do so, I won't read it,

You've got NUTHIN to FEAR but FEAR itself, Lil' Dave <{); ~ ) >

> nor look for such a response.

WELCOME to The Amazing Puppy Wizard's FREE WWW Wits'
End Dog Training Method Manual Forums and School Of
HARD KNOCKS and HUMAN BEHAVIOR RESEARCH LABORATORIES.

> Dog is a 16 month old

Any three week old puppy got all the brains he needs
to HOWEtwit the cunning of the domestic puppy dog
trainer AS EVIDENCED by THE POSTED CASE HISTORIES
The Amazing Puppy Wizard QUOTES to IDENTIFY EXXXPOSE
and DISCREDIT HOWER Gang Of Lying Dog Abusing Punk
Thug Coward Active Acute Long Term INCURABLE MENTAL
CASES <{); ~ ) >

> maile/neutered

Surgical sexual mutilation for non medical reasons is
veterinary malpractice which benefits NO WON EXXXCEPT
the unethickal or ignorant (pick WON) stooge of HOWER
university systems that teach descartean abuse as behavioral
sciences and jerk choke shock bribe crate intimidate
and murder innocent critters for NO justifiable reason <{); ~ ) >

> German Shepherd/ Husky mix.

A dog is a dog. Don't let these lying dog abusing punk
thug coward active acute long term incurable MENTAL
CASES tell you the BREED got ANY THING to do with behavior
or temperament PROBLEMS on accHOWENT of ALL temperament
and behavior problems are CAUSED by MISHANDLING <{); ~ ) >

> All appearances are G.S., except one blue eye and the
> curved forward tail when walking. We walk 45 minutes
> just after sunrise and again at sunset.

That's a heelthy amHOWENT of EXXXORCISE. Do you CHOSE
to enjoy that much EXXXORCISE or do you do it to EXXXPIATE
ANXXXIHOWESNESS behavior problems?

> Dog likes the walks

Of curse. Most do. Some don't. The amHOWENT of EXXXORCISE
you PREFER is FINE so long as your dog is CONDITIONED to
it. HOWEver, if you're EXXXCESSIVELY EXXXORCISING your dog
to EXXXPIATE anXXXIHOWESNESS behavior problems then you're
talkin abHOWET abuse, not EXXXORCISE or heelth <{); ~ ) >

> not only for our bonding,

Bonding happens in a lotta different ways...

> but also for the wildlife in the area.

Your dog ENJOYS the furry woodslands critters, of curse.

> White-tail deer are his favorite.

LikeWIZE.

> He also likes to meet his "friends" along the way,
> dogs on other's properties.

EXXXCELLENT.

> Another typical Husky attirbute is that he almost never barks.

Barking is usually as SYMPTOM of sumpthin WRONG.

> He "talks" to me sometimes by a sort of a combination
> growl/bark if you will. He will do this if I delay the
> walk for some reason.

So he does that when he's anXXXIHOWES.

> Kindest, nicest dog I've ever seen.

S-HOWENDS FINE. You're writing us to inform
everyWON of your success?

> Thing is, I live on a 5 acre plat. This a rural area
> with very light vehicular traffic. The house has a full
> front porch. I keep the dog chained to the porch ballisters
> overnight.

That's your perogative.

> He sleeps near the front door.

Fine.

> When strangers (to him) approach the front porch, he
> simply looks at them showing no guarding, threatening,
> or for that matter, any friendly gesture.

Kinda JUST LIKE HOWE you or The Amazing Puppy
Wizard might, not knowin who is approachin...

> He simply eyeballs them.

LikeWIZE. Dogs study EVERY THING.

> Nor, does he get in the way to the door.

Perhaps he knows he AIN'T GOT THUMBS and can't open it?

> Should I let this be,

It may be difficult for a visitor to negotiate
past your dog at the door. Do you WANT him to
chase them off? You can train him to do THAT
REAL EZ. OtherWIZE, you might wanna consider
tying him just away from the path of guests.

> or should I teach him to exhibit some guarding
> behavior to strangers?

If you PREFER.

From: "Lil' Dave" <spamyours...@virus.net>
Date: Sun, 1 May 2005 05:53:06 -0500