Dog Discussion: Old English Mastiff Puppy Problem

Old English Mastiff Puppy Problem

Simon Adebisi
2005-06-13 17:51:33 EST
Hi Here is my problem.

I bought an advertised KC registered male Old English Mastiff puppy from a
breeder a few weeks ago. As advertised

the pupwould be 8 weeks old when it was ready to be picked up. I rang the
breeder and went to see the pup and was

told he would be ready the following weekend fully weaned. At the time the
breeder said that the mother of the

pups had got an infection on her leg leaving her milk infected and 10 or the
13 pups had died and had to hand

feed the remaining 3 this meant that he had had only a few days contact with
his mother. After a few days he had

become quite growly when telling him 'NO' and moving him away from household
items that he was chewing (he has

plenty of toys to do that to); he is also very nippy and mouthy but I know
puppies are like that. I have a very

large cage for him and put him in when he has been 'anti-social', I have
also tried growling back at him holding

his mouth shut, shaking the scruff of his neck and his jowls, making loud
noises with pots and pans and many

other things found on the net and in books but nothings working so far. It
took me ages to get my KC

registrations and receipt back from the breeder but when I did the birth
date on the receipt was 3 weeks earlier

than I was told making the pup at pick up time ONLY 5 weeks old! The date of
purchase on the KC form however was

4 weeks later than I actually bought him making it seem like 9 weeks when I
got him, very strange and dishonest

no?

I have the option to bring my parents bitch dog up for a few weeks to get
him social do you think this would be a

good idea (he has met her before and she seemed to tell him what's what)?
Does anyone have anyother suggestions?

Thanks In Advance
Simon

SP
2005-06-13 18:28:09 EST
Simon Adebisi wrote:

> Hi Here is my problem.
>
> I bought an advertised KC registered male Old English Mastiff puppy
> from a breeder a few weeks ago. As advertised
>
> the pupwould be 8 weeks old when it was ready to be picked up. I rang
> the breeder and went to see the pup and was
>
> told he would be ready the following weekend fully weaned. At the
> time the breeder said that the mother of the
>
> pups had got an infection on her leg leaving her milk infected and 10
> or the 13 pups had died and had to hand
>
> feed the remaining 3 this meant that he had had only a few days
> contact with his mother. After a few days he had
>
> become quite growly when telling him 'NO' and moving him away from
> household items that he was chewing (he has
>
> plenty of toys to do that to); he is also very nippy and mouthy but I
> know puppies are like that. I have a very
>
> large cage for him and put him in when he has been 'anti-social', I
> have also tried growling back at him holding
>
> his mouth shut, shaking the scruff of his neck and his jowls, making
> loud noises with pots and pans and many
>
> other things found on the net and in books but nothings working so
> far. It took me ages to get my KC
>
> registrations and receipt back from the breeder but when I did the
> birth date on the receipt was 3 weeks earlier
>
> than I was told making the pup at pick up time ONLY 5 weeks old! The
> date of purchase on the KC form however was
>
> 4 weeks later than I actually bought him making it seem like 9 weeks
> when I got him, very strange and dishonest
>
> no?
>

> I have the option to bring my parents bitch dog up for a few weeks to
> get him social do you think this would be a
>
> good idea (he has met her before and she seemed to tell him what's
> what)? Does anyone have anyother suggestions?
>
> Thanks In Advance
> Simon

Hi Simon, the sale certainly does appear to be dishonest, perhaps it
would be an idea to contact the KC directly about the anomolies
regarding the date of birth. Especially if the breeder turns out to be
breeding more litters than is advisable within the recommended
guidelines laid down by the KC.

There could be a number of reasons why the pups behaviour is so bad,
including the actual ancestry of the pup. I gather you didn't get to
see either the mum or the dad? It might seem strange, but behavioural
problems can be passed on to newer generations.

I would suggest your best port of call would be a recognised dog
psychologist, your vet would be the best to make a recommendation I
would imagine. The only one I can think of off-hand is Dr. Roger
Mugford but he might not be handy to where you are located in the UK.

--
Lesley
CBR600FW

Lisa
2005-06-13 18:38:20 EST
Hi Simon

I agree things don't sound quite right here. However, you now have your pup,
and seem to want to do the best for him.

I'm no expert, just a pet dog owner, but to be seriously "growly" at 9 or 5
weeks seems rather strange. I would have thought it was more likely to be
usual puppy noises. I, personally, wouldn't try banging pots and pans - the
poor wee soul will be terrified (and no wonder!), especially if he has had a
dodgy start in life, as seems to be the case.

I'd also never suggest putting a pup in a cage as a punishment - a cage is
supposed to be his "sanctuary". He should be happy in there, not stuffed in
when he is bad. All the advice I have had tells us to make it pleasant and
comfortable. The door should be left open as often as possible to allow pup
to wonder in as he wishes. Both my spaniels have been used to their cage
from about 7 weeks and both trot in happily to bed.

Instead of having to say "No" a lot when pup chews things, try to
puppy-proof your home. (Okay, so my two ate my whole kitchen a few years
back, plaster and all. What do I know? LOL) Keep important items out of
reach and restrict his play area if need be. Praise him for playing with the
toys. Make them exciting for him by playing with them too.

How "nippy" is he? As you say, all puppies use their mouths. He needs to
learn "bite inhibition". Normally, playing with littermates teaches them
this. When he bites, yelp sharply as if you are hurt and ignore him for a
few minutes. He should soon learn. All dogs are different though. Wookie and
Ellie were terrible for this, while Toddy hardly ever tried. All got it in
the end though!

If your boy has been deprived of the company of other dogs while young, he
will not have learned any "manners". Mixing with your parents' bitch is a
good idea, as is mixing with other dogs in general once vaccinations are
complete. I suggest you find puppy classes with a good trainer. There is
nothing like playing with another dog!

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Lisa
"No matter how little money, and how few possessions you own, having a dog
makes you rich." (Louis Sabin)
Pictures of my pets: http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mypetpix/my_photos

"Simon Adebisi" <leedale30@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi Here is my problem.
>
> I bought an advertised KC registered male Old English Mastiff puppy from a
> breeder a few weeks ago. As advertised
>
> the pupwould be 8 weeks old when it was ready to be picked up. I rang the
> breeder and went to see the pup and was
>
> told he would be ready the following weekend fully weaned. At the time the
> breeder said that the mother of the
>
> pups had got an infection on her leg leaving her milk infected and 10 or
> the 13 pups had died and had to hand
>
> feed the remaining 3 this meant that he had had only a few days contact
> with his mother. After a few days he had
>
> become quite growly when telling him 'NO' and moving him away from
> household items that he was chewing (he has
>
> plenty of toys to do that to); he is also very nippy and mouthy but I know
> puppies are like that. I have a very
>
> large cage for him and put him in when he has been 'anti-social', I have
> also tried growling back at him holding
>
> his mouth shut, shaking the scruff of his neck and his jowls, making loud
> noises with pots and pans and many
>
> other things found on the net and in books but nothings working so far. It
> took me ages to get my KC
>
> registrations and receipt back from the breeder but when I did the birth
> date on the receipt was 3 weeks earlier
>
> than I was told making the pup at pick up time ONLY 5 weeks old! The date
> of purchase on the KC form however was
>
> 4 weeks later than I actually bought him making it seem like 9 weeks when
> I got him, very strange and dishonest
>
> no?
>

> I have the option to bring my parents bitch dog up for a few weeks to get
> him social do you think this would be a
>
> good idea (he has met her before and she seemed to tell him what's what)?
> Does anyone have anyother suggestions?
>
> Thanks In Advance
> Simon

Simon Adebisi
2005-06-13 18:45:33 EST

> Hi Simon, the sale certainly does appear to be dishonest, perhaps it
> would be an idea to contact the KC directly about the anomolies
> regarding the date of birth. Especially if the breeder turns out to be
> breeding more litters than is advisable within the recommended
> guidelines laid down by the KC.
>
> There could be a number of reasons why the pups behaviour is so bad,
> including the actual ancestry of the pup. I gather you didn't get to
> see either the mum or the dad? It might seem strange, but behavioural
> problems can be passed on to newer generations.
>
> I would suggest your best port of call would be a recognised dog
> psychologist, your vet would be the best to make a recommendation I
> would imagine. The only one I can think of off-hand is Dr. Roger
> Mugford but he might not be handy to where you are located in the UK.
>
> --
> Lesley
> CBR600FW
> SBS#11 (with oak-leaf cluster)
> BOTAFOT#101A UKRMHRC#12
> BONY#54P BOB#18
> Real burds don't take hormones, they rage naturally

I am in Newcastle upon Tyne. I saw the mother and she seemed to have a
really nice temproment and when i went to pick him up there were 5 fully
grown dogs in the garden and was invited in with out the master being by
them and they were really frendly with me. 2 week then I can take him to
training classes but I may seek out a dog psychologist befor that.

YourConscience
2005-06-13 19:46:50 EST
HOWEDY Simon,

Simon Adebisi wrote:
> Hi Here is my problem.
>
> I bought an advertised KC registered male Old English Mastiff puppy

The Amazing Puppy Wizard's breeds are English Mastiffs
and Great Danes <{) ; ~ ) >

> from a breeder a few weeks ago.

We've done a lotta talkin abHOWET ETHICKAL breeders
here on The Amazing Puppy Wizard's FREE WWW Wits'
End Dog Training Method Manual Forums and SCHOOL Of
HARD KNOCKS and HUMAN BEHAVIOR RESEARCH LABORATORIES.

> As advertised the pup would be 8 weeks old when it
> was ready to be picked up.

Scott & Fuller and The Amazing Puppy Wizard SEZ six weeks
is preferable for trainsferring pups to their new HOWESES.

> I rang the breeder and went to see the pup and was
> told he would be ready the following weekend fully
> weaned. At the time the breeder said that the mother
> of the pups had got an infection on her leg leaving
> her milk infected and 10 or the 13 pups had died

That's not so uncommon. When the milk goes bad for
any number of reasons, the pups often DIE pryor to
the breeder noticing they got bad milk.

> and had to hand feed the remaining 3

No problemo. Dogs and kids readily nurse from a bottle.

> this meant that he had had only a few days contact with his mother.

No problemo.

The WORST risk is that of not having the colesterom
and other nutrition and antibodies from mother's milk.

His people took care of him. Dogs do
not NEED their littermates to compete with. They
do JUST FINE being pupperly raised and handled by
caring attentive owners <{) ; ~ ) >

The Amazing Puppy Wizard has observed from birth till
death MANY "orphaned" puppys hand raised by their human
families. NONE of them have had ANY problems <{); ~ ) >.

> After a few days he had become quite growly when telling him 'NO'

INDEED. THAT'S PREDICTABLE when we intimidate a dog.

> and moving him away from household items that he was chewing

THAT ATTENTION REWARDS the dog for his behavior.

> (he has plenty of toys to do that to);

That's IRRELEVENT. Dogs DO BAD BEHAVIORS to command
100% of your undivided attention when you scold and
offer them DISTRACTIONS and ALTERNATE incompatible
behaviors or treats to change undesirable behaivors.

> he is also very nippy and mouthy

THAT'S on accHOWENT of FRUSTRATION.

> but I know puppies are like that.

MISHANDLED puppys are LIKE THAT. Pupperly handled
and well adjusted puppys DO NOT DO THAT <{); ~ ) >

> I have a very large cage for him

INDEED. THAT'S HOWE COME HE MISBEHAVES.

> and put him in when he has been 'anti-social',

INDEED? You think ISOLATION will SOCIALIZE him?

HOWE?

> I have also tried growling back at him holding
> his mouth shut, shaking the scruff of his neck
> and his jowls, making loud noises with pots and
> pans and many other things found on the net

BWEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAA!!!

> and

AND YOU FHOWEND YOURSELF RIGHT HERE on The Amazing
Puppy Wizard's FREE WWW Wits' End Dog Training Method
Manual Forums and SCHOOL Of HARD KNOCKS and HUMAN
BEHAVIOR RESEARCH LABORATORIES <{) ; ~ ) >

DIDN'T YOU.

> in books but nothings working so far.

SURPRISE SURPRISE SURPRISE.

PERHAPS you shoulda FHOWEND the books The Amazing
Puppy Wizard PLAGIARIZED for HIS 100% CONSISTENTLY
NEARLY INSTANTLY SUCCESSFUL FREE WWW Wits' End Dog
Training Method Manual?

BWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAHAHAHHAHHAAAA!!!

> It took me ages to get my KC registrations and
> receipt back from the breeder

THAT'S NORMAL.

> but when I did the birth date on the receipt was
> 3 weeks earlier than I was told making the pup at
> pick up time ONLY 5 weeks old!

THAT'S NORMAL. Keepin the pup with the other
two would be doin them all a DISSERVICE. Your
pup needs his family and a SAFE TRUSTING HOWES.

> The date of purchase on the KC form however was
> 4 weeks later than I actually bought him making
> it seem like 9 weeks when I got him, very strange
> and dishonest no?

That's curiHOWES, to say the least. HOWEver, the
breeder TOLD you the pup was hand raised. Seems
he PROBABLY told you his age at that time, but
you wasn't PAYIN ATTENTION.

> I have the option to bring my parents bitch dog up
> for a few weeks to get him social

Your pup has ALREADY BEEN "SOCIALIZED" with his littermates.

> do you think this would be a good idea

IT'S SHEER IDIOCY.

What you're REALLY lookin for is the other dog
to PUNISH your puppy for MHOWETHING you. The
Amazing Puppy Wizard KNOWS your HUMAN NATURE,
Simon. DECENT PEOPLE DO NOT POST HERE abHOWETS
on accHOWENT of THEY ALREADY GOT THE MESSAGE
and studied their own FREE COPY of The Amazing
Puppy Wizard's FREE WWW Wits' End Dog Training
Method Manual <{); ~ ) >

> (he has met her before and she seemed to tell
> him what's what)?

INDEED. SEE? THAT'S HOWE COME The Amazing Puppy
Wizard TOLD YOU SO <{) ; ~ ) >

> Does anyone have anyother suggestions?

BWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAAA!!!

> Thanks In Advance

BWEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAAAAA!!!

Date: 12 Jun 2005 06:02:47 -0700
Subject: Re: Update from Angie & Duke

HOWEDY alphaFREAK,

alpha© wrote:
> We got a quick note from Angie this evening,

BWEEEEAAHAHAHHAHHAAAA!!!

> and she asked we share with those in the group who
> have been following their story.

EVERY WON BEEN FOLLOWIN angie's STORY of JERKIN CHOKING
SHOCKING and MURDERIN her dog on accHOWENT of IT TURNED
ON HER for HURTING HIM.

> Here's the quote from Angie:

BWEAAAAHAHAHHAHHAAAA!!!

EAT IT, alpha. HERE'S The Amazing Puppy Wizard's
ORIGINAL POST to angie and her POSTED CASE HISTORY
which will SHOWE YOU HOWE COME she's fixin to
MURDER HER DEAD DOG <{) ; ~ ) >

> "We met the breeders today and right off Duke was
> stand offish but warmed up to them until Trav messed
> around his face and he acted up.

BWEEEEEEEEEEEAAAHAHAHHAHAAAA!!­!

> They got him back to their house and said he is
> really out of sorts,

Duh-Oh?

> but from what they are seeing so far,

Are these ETHICKAL Pit Bull Breeders, alpha?
If so, would it be WIZE of them to RETURN a
DANGERHOWES Pit Bull dog, ALIVE, alphaFREAK?

> they feel very strongly that he will make it

BWEEEEEEEEEEEAAHAHAHHAHHAAAA!!­!

They'd have to STOP HURTIN HIM FIRST.

> and get to come back home after a bit of attitude
> adjusting :)

He'll STILL TURN on angie when she HURTS and INTIMDIATES HIM.

> Will keep you updated

No need to, alphaFREEK. It's OVER for angies Pit Bull
Ambassador.

> but wont be posting for awhile,

Duh? You think THAT will get The Amazing Puppy
Wizard to STOP POSTING HER OWN CASE HISTORY of
HURTING INTIMIDATING and MURDERING dogs?

> so maybe you can let folks know. "

Yeah... THANKS, alphaFREAK.

> We're hoping to see her back in the group soon.

BWEEEEEEEEEEAAHAHAHAHAHHAAAA!!­!

She's FINISHED with DOGS FOREVER, alphaFREAK <{); ~ ) >

> - Shanna & Bob

BWEEEEEEEEEEEEAAHAHAHHAHAAAAA!­!!

> Hug a Pitbull Today!
> email: Remove ©

Subject: Re: Hi everyone

HOWEDY angie,

Angie wrote:
> I am having a very hard time getting this post together.

Havin a RHOWEGH day, eh, angie baby?

> I have made a decision

Decision making is a learned behavior, angie.

> to send Duke back to the breeders for awhile.

For a romantic interlude, angie?

> Don't know where to begin actually.

Perhaps a little talk abHOWET the birds an bees would be in order?

> Several of you know the problems I have had with him.

Not actually, angie. The Amazing Puppy Wizard didn't think
you HAD any DOG BEHAVIOR problems on accHOWENT of ALL temperament
and behavior problems are CAUSED BY MISHANDLING by lying dog
abusing MENTAL CASES, like yourself, angie:

From: "AngieM" <ang...@insight.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2003 12:14:46 GMT
Subject: Re: Dont email me!
From: cystershan...@webtv.net (Simons Mom)
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 23:52:48 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Dont email me!

> Who is this puppy wizard and WHY is he emailing me??????
> Shannon

Ughhhhh - block him !!!!!! He is a wacko

=================

HOWEver, THAT was THEN an THIS is NHOWE, AIN'T IT, angie <{); ~ ) >

> For those that don't, I will make it brief.....

This is gonna HURT YOU MOORE than The Amazing Puppy Wizard, angie,
and THAT'S GOOD, on accHOWENT of HURT is HOWE The Amazing Puppy
Wizard GETS PAID for offerin you miserable lyin dog abusin punk
thug cowards and active acute long term incurable MENTAL CASES,
like yourself, angie <{); ~ ) >

> he is showing signs of aggressive behavior,

ALL AGGRESSION IS FEAR.

ALL FEAR IS CAUSED BY MISHANDLING.

> this morning he had a hold of the leash

You mean, the leash you jerk and choke him with, angie.

> and when I reached for the leash he clamped down on my arm,

BWEEEEEEEEEEAHAHAHAHHAHHAAA!!!

You got your JUST DESSERTS, eh angie baby? You been
jerkin and chokin your dog since DAY WON and NHOWE
you got to PAY THE PIPER, angie. THIS is The Amazing
Puppy Wizard's PAY OFF, angie <{); ~ ) >

> while growling at me and he left teeth marks and bruises.

BWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAHAHAHHAHAHHH­­AAAA!!!

YOUR BREEDER WILL MURDER HIM FOR YOU, angie.

THAT'S HOWE COME Pit Bulls got a REPUTATION for NOT BEIN HUMAN
AGGRESSIVE, angie, on accHOWENT of EHTICKAL Pit Bull Breeders
MURDER them on their first grHOWEL at a human <{) ; ~ ) >

> I can actually say that at that moment I was scared of him.

THAT'S THE HUMAN NATURE OF A DOG ABUSER, angie.

> He is no longer friendly towards "most" people,

BWEEEEEEEEEAHAHAHHHHAAAA!!!

> actually lunging at them and the hair will stand on his back.

While you stand there jerkin and chokin IT <{); ~ ) >

> When he doesn't get his way he jumps and tries to bite at me.

THAT'S ON ACCHOWENT OF YOU CHOKE HIM, angie.

> There are other times when he is the most loving dog.......

You mean, WHEN YOU AIN'T HURTING HIM, angie.

> I still have the barking whining issues when he is in the crate.

BWEEEEAAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAAAA!!!

> He will pee in the crate almost out of spite.

YOUR SOON TO BE DEAD DOG PISSES HIS CRATE FROM PAINICK ATTACKS,
ON ACCHOWENT OF YOU ABUSED YOUR DOG, angie, and THAT'S HOWE
COME he's FEAR AGGRESSIVE <{); ~ ) >

> Just so you know,

You're a dog abuser, angie.

> I went through 8 weeks of obedience training

BWEEEEEEEAAHAHAHHAHHAAAAA!!!

No, you didn't go through OBEDIENCE training. You
was taught to jerk and choke your dog JUST LIKE
HOWE The Amazing Puppy Wizard QUOTES from YOUR
OWN POSTED CASE HISTORY, angie <{) ; ~ ) >

AND THAT'S HOWE COME you're fixin to MURDER your dog.

AND THAT'S HOWE COME THIS IS The Amazing Puppy Wizard's
FREE WWW Wits' End Dog Training Method Manual Forums
and SCHOOL Of HARD KNOCKS and HUMAN BEHAVIOR RESEARCH
LABORATORY, angie.

You're settin in it <{) ; ~ ) >

> and for the past 8 weeks I have had a
> professional trainer working with us.

BWEEEAAHAHAHAHHAHHHAAAAA!!!

> He has been socialized also.

That so? Socializatin was DONE pryor to your
puppy leavin the litter box or IT wouldn't
leave ITS litter box with you, angie.

> So please don't get the wrong idea/opinion here.

Your obedience trainin and your in person trainer
are dog abusers and THAT'S HOWE COME you can't
train your dog not to BE AFRAID, and attack you.

> The breeder will be meeting us half way on Saturday
> to take him to evaluate.

THEY MURDER DOGS LIKE YOU GOT ON THEIR FIRST GRHOWEL.

> They are very upset with things,

They MUST be used to it, angie. You dog lovers MURDER
the top 10% of your BEST DOGS for the same reason, angie.

> as they have never produced a dog that acts like
> this from any of their breedings.

PERHAPS they never sold a dog to a DOG ABUSER?

> I have cried so many tears over this

Tsk tsk. You'll GET OVER IT, angie.

> that I just needed to vent a bit.

Well, The Amazing Puppy Wizard THANKS YOU for
your POSTED CASE HISTORY, angie. THAT'S THE
ONLY REASON The Amazing Puppy Wizard posts
to PUBIC news groups, angie. Your own posted
case history may WON fine day go DHOWEN in
the medical textbooks documenting The Puppy
Wizard's SYNDROME <{) ; ~ ) >

> Having to do this and knowing he may not come back

Not to worry, angie. There AIN'T A CHANCE IN HEEL
your "ETHICKAL BREEDER" WON'T MURDER HIM A.S.A.P.

They CANNOT keep a dog like THAT in their kennel,
it'd bring them EMBARRASSMENT if someWON was to
SEE IT actin FEAR AGGRESSIVE <{) ; ~ ) >

> to me is just tearing me apart..................

To The Amazing Puppy Wizard, it's just another
day in HIS HUMAN BEHAVIOR RESEARCH LABORATORY,
angie. THANK YOU for makin this all possible.

> Angie

Oh, bye the bye, here's HOWE COME your dog is TURNING ON YOU:

From: "AngieM" <ang...@insight.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 02:57:51 GMT

Subject: Re: shocking collars??
WOW I must be lucky with Pete - nooooo digging and when I
got him at 8 mos old I promptly took him to obedience classes -
he would not even think about tugging or pulling me !!!

At first he tried to tug and pull - I used a short leather
lead and a choker and when he would tug I used both hands
and pulled him back, saying NO!! WAIT!! I think it just
freaks them out when you use a stern voice and tug right back

Just was wondering about the digging.....are your dogs left
out a long time alone? Maybe that has something to do with
it, they are bored perhaps?

Dot used to dig like crazy until I sprinkled tons of
Tabasco sauce and black pepper where she liked to dig -
seems to have done the trick - and the neighbors cat
used to like to chit in my flower beds until I tossed
the pods from sweet gum trees around - she didn't like
walking on them because they are prickly.

Good luck to you !!!! :)

Si
2005-06-13 22:46:31 EST

"Lisa" <bridget_jones66@nospamhotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi Simon
>
> I agree things don't sound quite right here. However, you now have your
pup,
> and seem to want to do the best for him.
>
> I'm no expert, just a pet dog owner, but to be seriously "growly" at 9 or
5
> weeks seems rather strange. I would have thought it was more likely to be
> usual puppy noises. I, personally, wouldn't try banging pots and pans -
the
> poor wee soul will be terrified (and no wonder!), especially if he has had
> dodgy start in life, as seems to be the case.

Agreed.

> I'd also never suggest putting a pup in a cage as a punishment - a cage is
> supposed to be his "sanctuary". He should be happy in there, not stuffed
in
> when he is bad. All the advice I have had tells us to make it pleasant and
> comfortable. The door should be left open as often as possible to allow
pup
> to wonder in as he wishes. Both my spaniels have been used to their cage
> from about 7 weeks and both trot in happily to bed.

Agreed.

> Instead of having to say "No" a lot when pup chews things, try to
> puppy-proof your home. (Okay, so my two ate my whole kitchen a few years
> back, plaster and all. What do I know? LOL) Keep important items out of
> reach and restrict his play area if need be. Praise him for playing with
the
> toys. Make them exciting for him by playing with them too.

Agreed.

> How "nippy" is he? As you say, all puppies use their mouths. He needs to
> learn "bite inhibition". Normally, playing with littermates teaches them
> this. When he bites, yelp sharply as if you are hurt and ignore him for a
> few minutes. He should soon learn. All dogs are different though. Wookie
and
> Ellie were terrible for this, while Toddy hardly ever tried. All got it in
> the end though!

Yep...they all do this. Don't worry about it too much. Our eldest Jack
used to chew my hand all the time. Holly never did though. Jack never does
it now and is the best behaved dog.

> If your boy has been deprived of the company of other dogs while young, he
> will not have learned any "manners". Mixing with your parents' bitch is a
> good idea, as is mixing with other dogs in general once vaccinations are
> complete. I suggest you find puppy classes with a good trainer. There is
> nothing like playing with another dog!

Yeah....get it to know other dogs and be comfortable around them as much as
possible.

If you do need to disipline her, a quick, sharp smack on here back leg/bum
will do it.

If you expect her to get over chewing though, you migth be in for some
heartache. Mine didn't stop until they were about 2 years old, no matter
how much I used to tell them off. I cannot tell you the number of pillow,
duvets and other things we have gone through in the last 2 years. They are
pretty much ok now....apart from the odd dog bed incident that we won't go
into.

Do we get a picture posted???

T*@Mail.Com
2005-06-16 10:59:16 EST
HOWEDY simon,

Simon Adebisi wrote:
> Hi Here is my problem.

Your PROBLEM is you're a DOG ABUSER, simon.

The GOOD NEWS IS, IT AIN'T YOUR FAULT.

> I have the option to bring my parents bitch
> dog up for a few weeks to get him social

That's ABSURD. Your dog WAS socialized pryor
to leavin the breeders.

> do you think this would be a good idea

Your newfHOWEND PALS RECOMMEND lettin the
other dog beat your dog up for you. Care
to SEE their QUOTES, simon?

> (he has met her before and she seemed to tell
> him what's what)?

You mean, she TAUGHT him to BE AGGRESSIVE as
demonstrated <{); ~ ) >

> Does anyone have anyother suggestions?

You AIN'T HAD ENOUGH YET, simon?

> Thanks In Advance

DECENT PEOPLE DO NOT POST HERE abHOWETS, simon.

> Simon

HERE'S PROOF:

HOWEDY sharon too, veterinary office manager, mrs veterinarian,

Sharon too wrote:
> > Sharon, if you feel you were trying to be helpful in the post you sent
> > me, you are delusional. You are not nice (revealed by your own post),
> > certainly not helpful, and when the time comes where I want your advice,
> > you'll be the first to know.
>
> The Puppy Wizard feeds on paranoia.

INDEED, sharon too. Your entire career lifestyle and
reputation DEPENDS on folks NOT BELIEVING The Amazing
Puppy Wizard when he SEZ 90% of your husband's veterinary
practice INCOME is iatrogenic in NATURE, CAUSED BY the
ADVICE and INFORMATION you give your veterinary PRACTICE
CUSTOMERS, who's dogs you needlessly selfishly inapupriately
surgically sexually MUTILATE and advise them to lock
their dogs in boxes and choke shock bribe intimidate
hurt and most importantly, TREAT their dog's CHRONIC
STRESS INDUCED AUTO-IMMUNE DIS-EASES at your husband's
veterinary PRACTICE <{); ~ ) >

> When he starts calling you a dog abuser

Then HE'D CITE the ABUSE by QUOTING HER OWN WORDS as
HE has DONE to you, sharon too, dog abusing mental case.

> for asking a simple question,

Like HOWE to HURT their dogs as you teach them,
sharon too. HOWE MUCH would it COST Robin to
see your veterinary husband for separation
anXXXIHOWESNESS, sharon too? Would he refer
her to his PAL the veterinary behaviorist,
or would you just advise her to lock her dog
in a box and spray aversives in her face and
SELL her a bunch of ANTI-PSYCHOTIC medication,
sharon too?

Seems you're not ONLY a DOG ABUSER, but you're
a THIEF and a LIAR. Your veterinary practice
CANNOT CURE separation anXXXIHOWESNESS <{); ~ ) >

> maybe you'll understand where we're ALL coming from.

INDEED. You're comin from a PSYCHOTIC BREAK from reality,
sharon too. Your entire life is AT STAKE on accHOWENT of
The Amazing Puppy Wizard IDENTIFYING EXXXPOSING and
DISCREDITING you and your university trained HUSTLERS.

> But for know, you've earned yourself that coveted
> spot in my killfile with PW.

You mean, on accHOWENT of Robin REPORTED CURING her
12 year old dog's separation anXXXIHOWESNESS, sharon
too, veterinary office manager, mrs veterinarian?

> Have at it.

Would it cost maybe, a hundred dollars a month for
the ANTI-PSYCHOTIC medications and maybe a hundred
or three hundred for useless TESTS and maybe another
couple hundred for your husband's PAL the veterinary
behaviorist to TELL HIM to SELL Robin the ANTI-
PSYCHOTIC medicatons you SELL, sharon too, veterinary
office manager, mrs veterinarian?

HOWEDY matty,

Rocky wrote:
> Robin said in rec.pets.dogs.health:
>
> > Jerry, you give the lying dog abusing punk thug coward
> > mental cases too much credit for the ability to influence

Naaah, The Amazing Puppy Wizard was just BAITING these lying
dog abusing punk thug coward mental cases again <{); ~ ) >

> You really are a piece of work.

INDEEDY, matty. Robin studied and followed the INSTRUCTIONS
in her FREE COPY of The Amazing Puppy Wizard's 100% CONSISTENTLY
NEARLY INSTANTLY SUCCESSFUL FREE WWW Wits' End Dog Training
Method Manual and REPORTED her 100% NEARLY INSTANT SUCCESS
RIGHT HERE on The Amazing Puppy Wizard's FREE WWW Wits' End
Dog Training Method Manual Forums And SCHOOL Of HARD KNOCKS
And HUMAN BEHAVIOR RESEARCH LABORATORIES, matty <{); ~ ) >

You're settin in it <{); ~ ) >

> Keep this out of the health groups, 'kay?

Dogs DIE from separation anXXXIHOWESNESS, matty, JUST
LIKE HOWE your own DEATHLY ILL dog Rocky is DYIN from
STRESS INDUCED AUTO-IMMUNE DIS-EASE aka The Puppy Wizard's
SYNDROME, on accHOWENT of you're a lyin dog abusin punk
thug coward MENTAL CASE, matty, and you can't post here
abHOWETS nodoGgamenedMOORE <{); ~ ) >

> --
> --Matt. Rocky's a Dog.

IN FACT, Robin followed up on her original 100% NEARLY
INSTANTLY SUCCESSFUL REPORT with a other WON, matty.
PERHAPS you'd like to READ IT, matty?:

Thurs,Jun 16 2005 4:17 am
Subject: Re: Puppy Wizard - Report, Day Two

HOWEDY malinda,

Melinda Shore wrote:
> In article <robin4joy-49BEBF.23045015062.­..@news.west.cox.net>,
> Robin <robin4...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> [nothing of value]

"Success!" is what Robin wrote, malinda.

Robin wrote that she CURED her 12 year old dogs
separation anXXXIHOWESNESS NEARLY INSTANTLY
using her FREE COPY of The Amazing Puppy Wizard's
FREE WWW Wits' End Dog Training Method Manual <{);~ ) >

> jeebus but you're a selfish, inconsiderate dimwit.

That so? Didn't you want to know HOWE she done it, malinda?

> Plonk.

BWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAHAHAHAHHH­AHAAAA!!!

> --
> Melinda Shore - Software longa, hardware brevis - s...@panix.com

HOWEDY Robin,

Robin wrote:

> Success!

Of curse. You GOT your 100% CONSISTENTLY NEARLY INSTANT
SUCCESS on your first use of The Amazing Puppy Wizard's
Surrogate Toy Separation AnXXXIHOWESNESS / Bed Time Calming /
Fear Of Thunder / Submissive Urination / Car Sickness Technique
JUST LIKE HOWE all them other 100% CONSISTENTLY NEARLY INSTANTLY
SUCCESSFUL FREE WWW Wits' End Dog Training Method Manual
Students whom HOWER DOG LOVERS call LIARS and their posts
FORGERIES <{); ~ ) >

> I left for about 25 minutes, and when I returned and walked
> thru the front door - no dog standing there waiting for me!

INDEEDY.

As sharon too veterinary office manager and mrs veterinarian
sez "you might wanna take it to private email..."

> No barking, no whimpering - no anything.

Of curse not. Separation anXXXIHOWESNESS is CAUSED
BY MISHANDLING. HOWER method WILL NOT WORK for these
dog lovers, Robin, on accHOWENT of NUTHING will over-
come the RESULT of even occasional use of ANY pain
fear force intimidation bribery or avoidance method
<{); ~ ) >

The Amazing Puppy Wizard's FREE WWW Wits' End Dog
Training Method is a GESTALT. You CANNOT pick and
choose through what you LIKE and continue to rely
on other methods like JUST TELLIN THE DOG "NO!"
on accHOWENT of it INCREASES anXXXIHOWESNESS and
MISTRUST <{);~ ) >

The alpha theory is INVALID.

> In fact, no dog!

She's comfortable...

> I got worried, looking all over for her.

Perhaps you're gettin a little OCD?

> I found her asleep (yes, asleep!!!!) on a pile of
> clothing that was on the floor in my second bedroom.

Is she not allHOWED in there? You could train
her not to go in there in just a couple of
minutes. The Amazing Puppy Wizard's dogs NEVER
go into Mrs. The Amazing Puppy Wizard's sewin
room, door or no door, they don't think of it.

> I left a tape recorder running while I was gone,
> but, without realizing it, I had it set to Voice
> Activation - and it hadn't been activated! I
> don't think she made a sound while I was gone.

Of curse not. THAT'S HOWE COME you DID the Surrogate
Toy Technique <{); ~ ) >

> I almost feel ready to give it a big test -
> leave her at home while I go to a movie,

Time is irrelevent immaterial and inconsequential.
Unless you're gone long enough to EXXXCEED her
needs for a break, food, water, etc, physical needs.

> which I haven't been able to do since I got
> her a little over one year ago.

HOWEsbreaking is INSTINCTIVE at four weeks of age.
The Amazing Puppy Wizard has been training puppys
withHOWET EVER being crated for over forty years
and they WORK protecting their HOWESES by six months
of age.

Most EVERY THING the EXXXPERTS tell us abHOWET dogs
IS DEAD WRONG, as you've just PROVEN for yourself.

> Both times I employed your technique over the
> last couple of days, I did so at night.

Although dogs are creatures of habit, it won't
matter when you're gone. Dogs habituate themselves
to routines EZ. THAT'S HOWE COME it's SO EZ to
HABITUATE or TRAIN them to ANY new routine. Kinda
JUST LIKE KIDS <{); ~ ) > And THAT'S where we're
goin NEXT, Robin, to PROVE it's the same same for
dogs as the same same for kids, usin your own
POSTED CASE HISTORY <{); ~ ) >

> Just because I need to satisfy myself that this is real,

You might wanna do what The Amazing Puppy Wizard does.
HE asks HIS Mrs. to PINCH HIM. She won't. She's NOT
GONNA HURT HIM. So The Amazing Puppy Wizard comes here.

WELCOME!

> I'm going to leave during the day for awhile.

O.K., but you may want to do The Technique four
times to make SHORE it's installed fully pryor
to EXXXTRAPOLATING it to the next "environment"
to insure 100% CONSISTENTLY NEARLY INSTANT SUCCESS.

> I know you'll say it won't make any difference,

No, it won't. HOWEver, there MAY be a disturbance
like a lawn care guy or sumpthin like a door to
door person sellin sumpthin could disturb her.

She SHOULD BARK when you are NOT there, and BE
SILENT when you ARE there. The idea is, when
she's alone we WANT the dog to bark to scare
away someWON. When we're THERE, we want her to
TELL US so we can DO SUMPTHIN MOORE EFFECTIVE
than ALERTING or SCARING AWAY someWON who'd be
unkindly towards us <{); ~ ) >

> but gotta do it, gotta test it, gotta assure
> myself that this is real.

NO PROBLEM. Just ask the EXXXPERTS what they think.
Ask sharon too mrs veterinarian HOWE MUCH does she
charge for ANTI-PSYCHOTIC PHARMACUTICALS and the
EXXXAM your dog would NEED if you came to her office.

Ask matty HOWE COME he AIN'T HAPPY you got your
100% CONSISTENTLY NEARLY INSTANT SUCCESS CURING
your 12 year old rescue dog's severe separation
anXXXIHOWESNESS.

Ask them punks HOWE COME they'd DENY your dog
peace heelth and a sense of well being, just
so they can MAKE MONEY off of misadvising and
lying to people on accHOWENT of they're dog
abusing mental cases, wouldn't you agree?

> Robin

BWEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAHAHAHAHHAHAAA­A!!!

Hey? While you're at it, perhaps you'd like to
share this with them:

Subject: Public Apology - Mr Howe - The Amazing Puppy Wizard

Public Apology - Mr Howe

Date: 2004-06-03 18:17:59 PST

HOWEDY H1R3Z,

"H1R3Z" <h1r3z@(SPAMTRAP)phantomemail.­­com> wrote in message

> Well, here's something, no problems swallowing
> pride here, but this is my last day (for a while) to
> post,

That's too bad, H. We need intelligent caring
dog lovers who understand the nature of dogs
and their behaviors.

> and I have to leave on a note of apology to
> Mr Howe.

Not necessary, H.. The Amazing Puppy Wizard
is grateful for your participation in HOWER forums
and looks forward to HOWER continued discussions.

> Although I still disagree with your sometimes
> harsh attitude towards people,

LikeWIZE, H.. The Amazing Puppy Wizard
is a kindly soul, only seeking truth and justice
for WON and all.

> I have read your manual (at least part of it -
> part 2 I believe), I wish to publicly apologise
> for my hasty judgement of you.

The Amazing Puppy Wizard knew you would
be an englightened contributor, an honorable
representative of The Queen's RAF.

> This is in part thanks to Rocky's comments

matty is a liar and dog abuser of the lowest calibre.

> about lurking.

That's HOWE COME The Amazing Puppy
Wizard QUOTES HOWER dog lovers lying
and abusing their critters.

> I read previous posts, and posts that you
> have included from previous threads, and
> as I have already stated I dislike insults,
> BUT I do see where you're coming from
> with the attitude.

As The Amazing Puppy Wizard sees it,
there'll NEVER be any decent advice to
be FHOWEND from HOWER Gang Of
Lying Dog Abusing Punk Thug Cowards
and ACTIVE INCURABLE LONG TERM
MENTAL CASES.

> From what I have read you do indeed
> have a great concern for dogs' welfare
> & I commend you on the time & interest
> taken.

Study my manual and apply the techniques
to some problem dogs and you'll see HOWE
efficiently you can rehabilitate ALL behavior
problems NEARLY INSTANTLY.

The only PROBLEM is, The Amazing Puppy
Wizard's FREE WWW Wits' End Dog Training
Method does not mix with other methods cause
TRUST and GENTLENESS are the FHOWEndation.

> Amazing really

INDEED.

> that the very people that so dislike you here are
> responsible for making me take the time to delve
> deeper into all the trash & see What you are really
> like.

HOWER dog lovers are notoriHOWES COWARDS.

> Their eagerness to 'pounce' on any newcomer
> with an opinion of their own has caused me to
> see the 'reality' here.

HOWER MENTALLY ILL LYING DOG ABUSING PUNK THUG
COWARDS will spare nothing to defend their alleged
right to hurt and murder dogs.

> So I guess I must thank them also!

LikeWIZE, H.. The Amazing Puppy Wizard
has learned MUCH from HOWER MENTAL
CASES, especially those with degrees in
behaviorISM, like professor SCRUFF SHAKE
and his ilk.

> I looked at your website, and as I said, read
> part 2 of your WEDTM. I would be interested
> in reading the manual in it's entirety sometime.

It's only abHOWET 70 pages. But it has ALL
the answers to all behavior problems.

> So on that note, I say goodbye for now

The Amazing Puppy Wizard was lookin
forward to some in depth discussions
abHOWET trainin and behavior, particularly
as it applies to military and police working dogs.

> (I know, don't let the door hit me again, take
> my time, etc etc blah blah).

The Amazing Puppy Wizard would NEVER
recommend killfilling INFORMATION.

> I am sincere when I say good luck

The Amazin Puppy Wizard sez "dog trainin
AIN'T LUCK." "Luck is for SUCKERS," The
Puppy Wizard's DADDY.

> to you all, I truly mean it, some of you need
> it more than others ;)

Well, many of HOWER dog lovers have been
in therapy and taking anti psychotic medications
for twenty years. There's not a chance in heel
LUCK will be forthcoming in their "rehabilitation."

> I have not risen to your bait or engaged in
> hostilities with anyone, however they perceive
> me or whatever their opinion of me, but I have
> the honesty & strength to admit when I make
> mistakes, and I made one with my judgement
> of Mr Howe.

The Amazing Puppy Wizard is used to that.

> Killfile me also if that makes you all happy,
> but I will not, ever, be railroaded by people
> who lack enough intellect to answer my posts
> sensibly, without insults & unneccessary
> criticisms, JUST because of whom I choose
> to talk to.

They're only fighting to defend their lives
careers and reputations, H..

> Good luck Mr. Howe,

Dog trainin AIN'T LUCK.

> and once again my apologies for my hastiness.

NO PROBLEM. We're all entitled to mistakes,
they're an intergral part of learnin.

> I look forward to reading the whole manual
> next time I'm home.

Perhaps you'll find a couple subjects to
work the Method on and maybe you'll
report your success or ask The Amazing
Puppy Wizard for additional free heelp in
the unlikely event you encHOWENTER
difficulty?

> Until then...
> Adios Puppy Wizard :)

LikeWIZE, H..

G-D save The Queen!

The Amazing Puppy Wizard. <{} ; ~ ) >

Displacement Behavior / Extinguishment Bursts /
JACKPOTS - A Relative Judgement Of A Circular
Assignment Of Thought
Date: 2003-04-11 05:45:35 PST

HOWEDY People,

Since The Puppy Wizzzard began teaching
behaviorISM here on HIS FREE WWW Wits'
End Dog Training Method Forum, you've learned
MOORE than you're able to handle in WON fell
swoop.

"Only the unenlightened speak of wisdom and right
action as separate, not the wise. If any man knows
one, he enjoys the fruit of both. The level which is
reached by wisdom is attained through right action
as well. He who perceives that the two are one
knows the truth.

Even the wise man acts in character with his nature,
indeed all creatures act according to their natures.

What is the use of compulsion then?

The love and hate which are aroused by the
objects of sense arise from Nature, do not
yield to them. They only obstruct the path."
Bhagavad Gita, adapted by Krishna with
permission from His FREE copy of The
Puppy Wizzzard's FREE WWW Wits' End
Dog Training Method Manual.

Force training JERRYIZES dogs and GETS THEM DEAD.

Every correction is like our dog lovers seeing a new
post from Jerry and every minute of crate anxiety is
like reading another "thanks Jerry, your method /
machine saved my dog's life" post from The
Puppy Wizzzard's FREE WWW Wits' End Dog
Training Method Manual Students...

The Puppy Wizzzard has PRESSURED
HOWER dog lovers EXXXACTLY as
HOWER DOG LOVERS PRESSURE THEIR
DOGS TO MAKE THEM HYPERACTIVE,
AGGRESSIVE, SHY and have health
disorders ike yeast ear infections
idiopathic epilepsy and all OCD behaviors.

Now you know HOWE COME professor scruff
shake's little dog masturbates compulsively
on his couch if he doesn't get his five miles
of road work every day.

When the student is ready, the teacher will appear.
Those who KNOW and talk to those who do not know,
appear pretty much like Jerry Howe talking dogs to
rpdb or ethics with a theologian or behavior with a
professor of ANAL-ytic behaviorISM, who sing the
same tune to The Puppy Wizard's SYNDROME.

We're not talkin dog training noMOORE, never have
been, anyHOWE. We're talking HUMAN NATURE,
the SCENT OF FEAR.

"If You Talk With The Animals, They Will Talk
With You And You Will Know Each Other.

If You Do Not Talk To Them, You Will Not
Know Them, And What You Do Not Know
You Will Fear.

What One Fears, One Destroys," Chief Dan
George, adapted with permission from his FREE
copy of The Puppy Wizzzard's FREE WWW Wits'
End Dog Training Method Manual.

"It is by muteness that a dog becomes so utterly
beyond value."

Like a confessor Priest? Don't bet your dog won't
tell on you...

"With him, words play no torturing tricks.........., "
John Galsworthy, adapted with permission from
his FREE copy of The Puppy Wizzzard's FREE
WWW Wits' End Dog Training Method Manaual.

Their behaviors reflect our words, thoughts,
actions, and training quirks. Jerry HOWE,
The Puppy Wizard <{TPW; ~ } >

The Puppy Wizard's SYNDROME is the perfect
synergy of love, pride, desire, self will, greed, ego,
fear, hate, arrogance, disbelief, jealousy, shame,
embarrassment, guilt, anger, aversion, adversion,
attraction, revulsion, repulsion, change,
permanence, enlightenment, insult, attrition,
and conditioning.

I.e., JERRYIZED.

HOWER forum is going through it's extinguishment
burst just like your dogs do, at this time. HOWER
dog lovers have hit the wall and they're not goin out
quietly.

That too, is CAUSED BY MISHANDLING. ALL
behavior problems are CAUSED BY MISHANDLING.

The Puppy Wizzzard KNOWS better than to
FORCE INTIMIDATE or SCOLD a DOG. HOWE
COME would HE do that to HOWER dog lovers?

CAUSE THEY'RE INTENTIONAL or
PATHOLOGICAL LIARS, HYPOCRITES,
and SADISTS.

Let's call it tit for tat, a debt repaid, quid pro
quo, The Puppy Wizzzard's JACKPOT. This
place is a GOLDMINE for studying the complexities
of the deranged human psyche and tinkerin with it...
like HOWER DOG LOVERS EXPERIMIENT with TOOLS to HURT
and INTIMIDATE HOWER DOGS TO DEATH.

This life and health threatening event is brought to
you Courtesy Of The Puppy Wizzzard. <(TPW;~) >

Welcome Students!

The Sound Of One Hand Clapping

When Mamiya went to the priest for personal
guidance, he was asked to explain the sound
of one hand clapping.

Mamiya concentrated on what the sound might be.

"You are not working hard enough. You are too
attached to food, wealth, and to that sound. It
would be better if you died. That would solve the
problem."

The next time Mamiya appeared before his teacher,
he again was asked what he had to show regarding
the sound of one hand.

Mamiya immediately fell over as though dead.

"You are dead, all right, but how about that sound?"

Looking up, Mamiya replied: "I haven't solved that
yet."

"Dead men don't speak, get out!," Shakumuni
Buddha, adapted with permission from His FREE
copy of The Puppy Wizard's FREE WWW Wits'
End Dog Training Method Manual.

HOWEDY mztook,