Dog Discussion: Advice Needed Please

Advice Needed Please

Karmawa
2005-05-20 10:04:16 EST
Hello,

I have a 3 month old dog and I have started using the methods mentioned
in the Wits' End Dog Training Method Manual which is
truly amazing, however I need advice on housebreaking, she is presently
doing her business on newspapers (the papers are currently laid out in
three locations in my apartment) she occasionally does it away from the
papers but that is rare(the mess is cleaned up without scolding her at
all thats how it has been from day one, she goes we clean no
reprimand)today i tried removing papers from one location and she just
went to that area and peed directly on the floor. My question is what
next? as she is getting used to doing it on the papers, how many times
should she be taken out for a *break* she doesn't show signs of
discomfort or that she wants to go out as she goes straight to the
papers. She is currently fed three times a day and taken out
immediately after eating in which she does her business outside. should
I increase taking out times?

your advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Diana
2005-05-20 10:48:32 EST

"Karmawa" <karmawa@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I have a 3 month old dog and I have started using the methods mentioned
> in the Wits' End Dog Training Method Manual

It's for the most part plagiarised and what isn't, is at best dubious.

You get what you pay for and I strongly recommend you start looking for
proper puppy clases and reading material by regarded dog trainers. There's
plenty about. Have a look at this web site for some reviews on dog training
books and for general information on puppy training. www.infopet.co.uk (you
should be able to souce most of the books from your library, I am not
advertising this site to sell you stuff, I am just good friends with the
lady who owns it and know that the book reviews are good :)).

however I need advice on housebreaking, she is presently
> doing her business on newspapers (the papers are currently laid out in
> three locations in my apartment) she occasionally does it away from the
> papers but that is rare(the mess is cleaned up without scolding her at
> all thats how it has been from day one, she goes we clean no
> reprimand)today i tried removing papers from one location and she just
> went to that area and peed directly on the floor. My question is what
> next?

Training her on paper teaches her to go inside the house - taking her
outside every 2 hours, maintaining constant vigilance and learning her
behaviour patterns when she is about to do her business is a far quicker and
straight forward way of communicating to your dog that she should not
eliminate in the house.

as she is getting used to doing it on the papers, how many times
> should she be taken out for a *break* she doesn't show signs of
> discomfort or that she wants to go out as she goes straight to the
> papers. She is currently fed three times a day and taken out
> immediately after eating in which she does her business outside. should
> I increase taking out times?

Yes, immediately on waking up, after eating and after any play session. Go
with her, take some treats and make sure she knows she's the best dog in the
world when she does it outside :)

Have fun with your pup - they grow up fast :)

Diana

--
Cindy the weimaraner's web site:
http://cindy-incidentally.mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk

YourConscience
2005-05-20 20:08:35 EST
HOWEDY Karmawa,

Karmawa wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a 3 month old dog

A dog is a dog. A three week old
pup got all the brains he needs
to learn ANY THING we got the
INTELLECT to teach him to do.

> and I have started using the methods
> mentioned in the Wits' End Dog
> Training Method Manual

EXXXCELLENT! A WIZE IDEA <{) ; ~ ) >

> which is truly amazing,

INDEEDY. It's a 100% CONSISTENTLY SUCCESSFUL
PRECISE SCIENTIFIC METHOD or IT COULDN'T GET
100% CONSISTENTLY NEARLY INSTANT SUCCESS for
ALL handlers and ALL dogs and ALL behaviors.

> however I need advice on housebreaking,

HOWEsbreakin is INSTINCTIVE at four weeks.

> she is presently doing her business on newspapers

Good. That'll make it Ez to HOWEsbreak her.

> (the papers are currently laid out
> in three locations in my apartment)

Unless the HOWES is sectioned off,
use only WON section abHOWET 3'x3'.

> she occasionally does it away from
> the papers but that is rare

NO PROBLEM. Just FOLLOW the HOWEsbreakin
technique for behaviors "AFTER THE FACT".

> (the mess is cleaned up without scolding her
> at all thats how it has been from day one,

Good. But you can address the mistakes
using the sound AT THE SITE withHOWET
praise and THEN returning after it's
been repaired HOWET of sight of the
pup and upon returning to the area,
PRAISE HIM <{) ; ~ ) >

> she goes we clean no reprimand)

Fine. You'll get the result if you
follow the method PRECISELY and ask
me if you need any additional free
heelp <{) ; ~ ) >

> today i tried removing papers from one
> location and she just went to that area
> and peed directly on the floor.

You mean he relieved hisself at the site
where the paper had just been. NO PROBLEM.
Could be he's tryin to figger HOWET HOWE
COME the extra toilet facility has left.

> My question is what next?

Remove WON of the remaining two papered
sites and just follow the TECHNIQUE for
behaviors AFTER THE FACT. You'll find
THAT in the section that covers destructive
chewin etc....

> as she is getting used to doing it on the papers,

Fine. Use WON site for papers and walk
him as necessary and he'll wean hisself
off of the papers NATURALLY as his terrortorial
imperitive dictates he leave the HOWES
to do THAT.

Meanwhile, it'll be handy for him to use
if necessary although he'll naturally
PREFER goin HOWET <{); ~ ) >

> how many times should she be taken out for
> a *break* she doesn't show signs of discomfort

Dogs need to relieve themselves URGENTLY
first thing in the mornin and after play
or EXXXCITEMENT and usually a few minutes
after eating and maybe two or three
additional times and last thing pryor
to bedtime <{) ; ~ ) >

Don't make the mistake of takin the
dog HOWET every HOWER or on a schedule
like HOWE the lying dog abusing punk
thug coward mental cases recommed,
that's HOWE COME dogs GET SICK.

> or that she wants to go out

You've got to teach him to ask to go
HOWET. If you don't "anticipate" her
needs and attend to them in advance,
she'll learn HOWE to ASK you for heelp.

OtherWIZE she'll just learn to go HOWET
when you take her and she won't learn
HOWE to ASK and you'll end up with an
ill trained nervHOWES dog like these
MENTAL CASES we got postin here abHOWETS.

> as she goes straight to the papers.

EXXXCELLENT!

Next time you see her headin for the
papers just ask if she'd like to take
a break HOWEtside and offer the opportunity.

She'll HOWEsbreak NEARLY INSTANTLY.

> She is currently fed three times a day

He should probably be takin four meals
a day for a couple MOORE months but he'll
probably be fine with three meals.

> and taken out immediately after eating

Might be a good opportunity after eatin
to "ignore" her so's to allHOWE her to
try for the paper so you can teach her
to ask to go HOWET <{) ; ~ ) >

> in which she does her business outside.

NO PROBLEMO!

> should I increase taking out times?

No, that'll disavail her of learning
SELF to ASK to go HOWET and she'll
NEVER LEARN SELF CON-TROLL by developing
the ability to conTRAIN herself <{) ; ~ ) >

> your advice would be very much appreciated.

You got it.

> Thanks.

Your SUCCESS is much appreciated.

The Amazing Puppy Wizard <{) ; ~ ) >

"Works Like A Charm."

From: Mike (m.bidd...@ns.sympatico.ca)
Subject: Re: Info. on the puppy wizard?
Date: 2004-07-18 14:27:02 PST

> > Oh, and did I mention his methods work, ya nuff said.
> > Mike
>
> Ok Mike which part worked for you?

It helped clear problems from my dogs in the
field using the can penny distraction technique.

Works like a charm.

My dogs get distracted easy from their jobs ie,
retrieving or training to find lost people, oh did
I mention that I am a Search and Rescue Team
Leader.

Sorry that slipped my mind.

I have read volumes of training books and don't
know where people get that Jerry copied others
work as I have NEVER come across his methods
before. I would like to see proof.

Just like Jerry outlined I eliminated problems one
at at time as they arose. I used to try and train to
the way I wanted them but this is backward, you
train out the problems leaving what you want left over.

Funny part is the second dog who had the same
problems as the other didn't need correcting for
some of his habits after I cleared it from the first
dog.

Seemed he learned through osmosis.

Nice side benefit there.

It nearly came to giving them up to a 3rd party
trainer as they were not performing well. The
VAST majority of working dog trainers are
agressive in their actions with the dogs.

I tried it and it didn't work and guess what I
was at my "Whits End" then someone I new
turned me onto Jerry and the rest is history.

I referred friends and families to Jerry's manual
and all have had great results. Starting puppies
out on the distraction technique is especially
good because they never develop the habit.

I had my sisters dog healing, sitting and down
stay reliably at 8-9 weeks. The first night home
following Jerrys advice we ditched the crate and
put the pup on the floor beside the bed and after
2 whimpers NOT A SOUND OUT OF THAT DOG
FOR 6 HRS! first night, that has never happened
in all my days.

Sorry, the man understands dogs its that simple.

Mike

From: AIMEE (countrygirl0...@yahoo.com)
Subject: House training and such...
Date: 2003-10-08 16:18:56 PST

I've been having a problem with my dog, Axel,
relieving himself in the house while I'm away
from home.

I've used TPW method's, and yesterday I was out
for 12 hours, and Axel didn't have one single "accident".

Today, I had hoped that the results would be just as
good - and they were (I was out for 11 hours).

The problem began when, as a puppy, Axel would
relieve himself in the house and I would point at the
mess and tell him "NO" or "Bad Dog".

That made him afraid to relieve himself in the house
or in front of me.

After I got TPW's training manual, I corrected my
mishandling of these instances.

When I came home to an "accident", I would simply
drop a can near the area and ask Axel "What's that?"
Then I would clean it up - with out showing him I was
the least bit upset about the mess, and when he looked
at the spot I would tell him "Good boy, you're a good dog".

This has been an ongoing problem, and thanks to the
Puppy Wizard, we've finally got it taken care of...

Also, Axel LOVES the cat's litter box...He enjoys the
"snacks" he can find in there...I followed TPW's methods
by alternating sounds and praising him while or before
he sticks his nose in it, and today, he's been going into
the room with the cat box and barking. That's because
he's thinking about getting into the box, but he knows he
shouldn't.

Thank you, Jerry, for all you help.

You've been a blessing to all of us.

AIMEE

===================

From: AIMEE (countrygirl0...@yahoo.com):

I own a black an tan coonhound. We got him
as a puppy, and due to constant mishandling
(pulling on his lead, negative corrections, and
the occasional use of a bark collar) I ended
up with a very anxious dog.

I couldn't leave him home alone, I couldn't
crate him, I couldn't even take my dog for
walks because he feared EVERYTHING.

I was going to have to get rid of him if things
didn't turn around.

My husband and I searched the internet for
answers - AND WE FOUND THE PUPPY WIZARD.

For all of you disbeliveers out there HIS METHODS WORK!

I've followed his manual, and we now have a
dog that can be left home alone, that heels
on command, that can go outside and NOT
be afraid of everything he sees.

Not only have his methods helped our dog, but
our marriage has gotten better. We had fallen
into a rut - constant bickering and tension, we
never laughed or had FUN together - but now,
with the same mindset used in THE PUPPY
WIZARDS dog training, our communications
channels have opened, and we now work
together instead of against one another.

For all the "Literalists" out there, NO WE DID
NOT TEACH EACH OTHER TO SIT, STAY,
OR HEEL.

We simply eliminated the nagging and the
acting out to get NEGATIVE attention from
one another since we weren't getting
the POSITIVE attention we wanted.

So, it's been proven - THE PUPPY WIZARDS
METHODS WORK.

It's up to you to accept them. Yes, there's alot
of blame that we have to accept, but once we
realize that we've caused these problems to
arise, we can strive to make things better.

AIMEE

=================

> Subject: GREMLINS
>From: "Larry" To: "The Puppy Wizard"
><thepuppywiz...@earthlink.net Sent:
> Friday, July 02, 2004

I live in an apartment complex that accepts dogs. I
have recommended your web site and your training
manual to quite a few pet owners. Unfortunately, it
seems to be human nature for them to not address
training until their dog's behavior problems become
serious.

Several people have seen me out working with Kit. They
cannot believe it when I am able to call a 7 week old
pup away from them. Those who have pups of their own
say that they are waiting until their pups are older
in order to begin training. I tell them to begin now.

But they don't know what to do.

Have you ever seen the movie "Gremlins"? The Mogwai
comes with three rules: 1) keep out of bright light,
2) keep away from water and 3) never feed after
midnight. Of course disaster befalls the new owners
because they don't take these rules seriously. When I
last watched this movie I thought to myself, how
similar it was to getting a new puppy. Just as does a
Mogwai, a puppy has a nature that demands proper
handling and just as it will with a cute little
Mogwai, mishandling will turn your cute little puppy
into a gremlin.
--Larry

From: Diana (diana_pete.attw...@lineone.ne­­t)
Subject: whoa - very long but you asked for it.

Date: 2001-11-10 05:19:06 PST

Cheers, Sionnch,

I was getting a bit paranoid there and I did think you were
just all on a mission to hound me out after my statement.
I've got some time now so I will answer you questions as
it so obviously caused great upset amongst you all.

That statement being that I actually like Jerry and his stuff.

Read carefully if you interested, because I know how easy it
is to miss things, grab the wrong end of the stick etc &
misinterpret... done it myself a million times. It also goes
quite in depth about the dogs I lived with as a child and the
methods my parents used to train both the dogs and us.

> You get what you pay for

The Amazing Puppy Wizard got five years
INVESTED in IDENTIFYING EXXXPOSING and
DISCREDITING lying dog abusing punk thug
coward MENTAL CASES LIKE YOURSELF by
QUOTING YOUR OWN POSTED CASE HISTORIES.

> and I strongly recommend you start looking for
> proper puppy clases and reading material by
> regarded dog trainers.

Like HOWE you done, lush? Your own dog
is HOWETA CON-TROLL accordin to your
own RECENT POSTED CASE HISTORY, lush.
Your last DEAD DOG Stoned DIED from
STRESS INDUCED AUTO-IMMUNE DIS-EASE
aka The Puppy Wizard's SYNDROME <{) ; ~ ) >

> There's plenty about.

CITES PLEASE? You got any CASE HISTORY
DATA SUPPORTING THAT lie, lush, you
dog abusing punk thug coward active
acute long term INCURABLE MENTAL CASE?

> Have a look at this web site

> for some reviews on dog training books

That's the site you and your mentally
ill lying dog abusing punk thug coward
mental case pals post your idiocy to,
lush. Only liars dog abusers cowards
and MENTAL CASES post there, lush.

> and for general information on puppy training.

<snip crap link>

> (you should be able to souce most
> of the books from your library,

INDEED? Most of those books and their
authors have been DISCREDITED by The
Amazing Puppy Wizard <{) ; ~ ) > and
HIS 100% CONSISTENTLY NEARLY INSTANTLY
SUCCESSFUL FREE WWW Wits' End Dog
Training Method Manual Students <{) ; ~ ) >

Had ANY of those books been able to
SUCCESSFULLY NEARLY INSTANTLY TRAIN
a dog YOUR OWN DOG would be TRAINED,
lush, as well asa those of the REST
of the Gang Of Lying Dog Abusing Punk
Thug Cowards And ACTIVE ACUTE LONG
TERM INCURABLE MENTAL CASES <{); ~ ) >

And they AIN'T.

You can barely walk her DHOWEN the street,
and not withHOWET HURTING HER AS STATED IN
YOUR OWN POSTED CASE HISTORY <{) ; ~ ) >

> I am not advertising this site to sell you stuff,

But someWON NEEDS to GET PAID for all
that nice information that DON'T WORK
according to the POSTED CASE HISTORIES
we got RIGHT HERE in The Amazing Puppy
Wizard's Archives, lush, you dog abusin
mental case <{) ; ~ ) >

> I am just good friends with the lady who owns it

INDEED? "Birds of a feather," eh lush?
"You're JUDGED BY the company you keep.
When you lie with PIGS you'll awaken
STINKIN like 'm. You're only as good
as your WORD. When you GET BAGGED FOR
LYIN, YOU'RE MARKED FOR LIFE," The
Puppy Wizard's DADDY <{) ; ~ ) >

> and know that the book reviews are good :)).

The reviews are EXXXCELENT. The CONTENT
and the AUTHORS of MOST of those books
have been DISCREDITED as ABUSERS by The
Amazing Puppy Wizard, lush.

> > however I need advice on housebreaking,

> Training her on paper teaches her
> to go inside the house -

You mean, CONtraWIZE to INSTINCT, lush?
It's your INSTINCT to HURT DOGS GET DRUNK
and LIE abHOWET it, lush. THAT'S your
HERITAGE, lush. You LEARNED IT from your
parents, lush, and THAT'S HOWE COME you're
A DOG ABUSER LIAR and ACTIVE ACUTE LONG
TERM INCURABLE MENTAL CASE, lush <{) ; ~ ) >

> taking her outside every 2 hours,

THAT DISAVAILS HER OF THE ABILITY TO
LEARN SELF CON-TROLL, lush <{) ; ~ ) >

> maintaining constant vigilance

THAT'LL teach the dog to CON-TROLL
YOU, lush. Any time your dog can
make you stop mid stride and pay
attention to him you've TRAINED
HIM to DO THAT BEHAVIOR to GET
YOUR ATTENTION, lush <{) ; ~ ) >

Are those TRAININ TIPS what you
learned from that VAST LIBRARY
of dog behavior information, lush?

> and learning her behaviour patterns
> when she is about to do her business

You mean when she begins to circle and
squat to pinch a loaf, lush? Well, your
"INFORMATION" is incorrect, but not to
worry, YOU'RE IN YOUR ELEMENT, lush.

BWEEEEEEEEEEAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAAA!!!

> is a far quicker and straight forward
> way of communicating to your dog that
> she should not eliminate in the house.

You mean by takin IT HOWET every two
HOWERS and lockin IT in a box to force
CON-TROLL of normal natural innate
instinctive reflexive behaviors, lush?

> > as she is getting used to doing
> > it on the papers,

You simpletons think paper trainin
makes it hart to HOWEsbreak a dog
on accHOWENT of you AIN'T GOT THE
INTELLECT to HOWEtwit the cunnin
of the domestic puppy dog EVEN
AFTER The Amazing Puppy Wizard
and all HIS 100% CONSISTENTLY
NEARLY INSTANTLY SUCCESSFUL FREE
WWW Wits' End Dog Training Method
Manual Students ALL OVER The WHOWEL
WILD WORLD TOLD YOU HOWE THEY DONE
IT EZ GENTLY NEARLY INSTANTLY and
FOR FREE, to boot.

REMEMBER NHOWE, lush? THAT'S HOWE
COME you and your mentally ill lyin
dog abusing punk thug coward pals
CAN'T POST HERE abHOWETS nodoGgamenedMOORE.

> > how many times should she be taken out

> Yes, immediately on waking up, after eating
> and after any play session. Go with her,
> take some treats and make sure she knows
> she's the best dog in the world when she
> does it outside :)

You mean REWARD the behavior AFTER THE FACT,
lush? THAT'LL DISTRACT the dog from THINKIN
of the LESSON he just done, lush. You CANNOT
REWARD PAST BEHAVIORS nodoGgamenedMOORE than
you can PUNISH a behavior AFTER THE FACT, lush.

> Have fun with your pup -

Like you been havin with your own HOWETA
CON-TROLL hyperactive untrustworthy dog,
lush? Didn't you learn your lesson when
you MURDERED your own DEAD DOG Stone for
his SEPARATION anXXXIHOWESNESS and attendant
STRESS INDUCED AUTO-IMMUNE DIS-EASE aka
The Puppy Wizard's SYNDROME, lush?

> they grow up fast :)

IF THEY LIVE THAT LONG, lush. Some
of your dogs GET DEAD pryor to gettin
trained, LIKE YOUR OWN DEAD DOG
Stone on accHOWENT of you HURT
INTIMDIATE and MURDER dogs JUST
LIKE HOWE The Amazing Puppy Wizard
SEZ, accordin to your own POSTED CASE
HISTORY <{) ; ~ ) >

> Diana
> Cindy the weimaraner's web site:
> http://cindy-incidentally.mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk

The Amazing Puppy Wizard will PASS on
reposting your own QUOTED CASE HISTORY
of pain fear force intimidation child abuse and
death, in favor of sumpthin SUCCESSFUL and
ENLIGHTENING. We'll QUOTE YOUR MENTAL
HEELTH CASE HISTORY another time, lush.

HOWEDY People!

Here's your FREE copy of The Amazing Puppy
Wizard's FREE WWW Wits' End Dog Training
Method Manual:

http://makeashorterlink.com/?G34D2527A

Just ASK The Amazing Puppy Wizard if you
need any additional FREE heelp. There's NO
arbritrary INFORMATION in your FREE copy
of The Amazing Puppy Wizard's FREE WWW
Wits' End Dog Training Method Manual so
study it well and do and follow ALL the
EXXXERCISES AS INSTRUCTED... it's a
PRECISE SCIENCE or it COULDN'T GET 100%
CONSISTENT NEARLY INSTANT SUCCESS for
all handlers and all dogs in all fields
or utilities and behaviors all over the
Whole Wild World <{) ; ~ ) >

Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 09:41:01 -0500
From: "George von Hilsheimer, Ph.D."
<*.@mindspring.com>
Subject: "time-out"

Dan, my own firm hatred of punishment has
recently been intensified by meeting The
Puppy Wizard, Jerry Howe, whose work with
dogs is marvelous.

There is a literature on harms caused by time
out, and perhaps you'd like to look at
http://www.dogydoright.com
George von Hilsheimer, Ph.D., F.R.S.H.

"As Sam Corson (Pavlov's last student) demonstrated for
nearly 50 years at Ohio University (Oxford, O.) there
is no treatment more useful for dogs than tender loving
care."

George von Hilsheimer, Ph. D., F. R. S. H., Diplomate,
Academy of Behavioral Medicine

From: TooCool (larrym...@hotmail.com)
The Puppy Wizard's Wits End Training Method

I have studied canine behavior and dog training for
years. I have a huge library that covers every system
of training.

The Puppy Wizard's (Jerry Howe's) Wits' End Training
Method is by far the most scientific, the most advanced,
the kindest, the quickest and the most effective training
method yet discovered.

It is not an assortment of training tips and tricks; it is
a logically consistent system. Every behavior problem
and every obedience skill is treated in the same logically
consistent manner.

Please study his manual carefully. Please endeavor to
understand the basis of his system and please follow
his directions exactly. His manual is a masterpiece.
It is dense with theory, with explanation, with detailed
descriptions about why behavior problems occur and
how their solution should be approached.

One should not pick and choose from among his methods
based upon what you personally like or dislike. His is not
a bag of tricks but a complete and integrated system for not
only training a dog but for raising a loving companion.
When I once said to Jerry that his system creates for
you the dog of your dreams, his response was that it
produces for your dog the owner of his dreams.

You see, Jerry has discovered that if you are gentle
with your dog then he will be gentle with you, if you
praise your dog every time he looks at you, then you
will become the center of your dogs world, if you use
Jerry's sound distraction with praise, then it takes
just minutes-sometimes merely seconds-to train your
dog to not misbehave (even in your absence) (Just 15
seconds this morning to train my 10 week old puppy to
lie quietly and let me clip his nails).

Using Jerry's scientific method (sound distraction /
praise / alteration / variation) it takes just minutes to
train you dog to respond to your commands.

What a pleasure it was for me to see my 6 week old
puppy running as fast has his wobbly little legs would
carry him in response to my recall command-and he
comes running every time I call no matter where we are
or what he is doing.

At ten weeks old now, my puppy never strains upon
his leash thanks to Jerry's hot & cold exercises and
his Family Pack Leadership exercises.

Jerry has discovered that if you scold your dog, if you
scream at him, if you intimidate him, if you hurt him,
if you force him then his natural response is to oppose
you.

Is Jerry a nut?

It doesn't make any difference to me whether he is or not.
It is a logical fallacy to judge a person's ideas based
upon their personality. As far as dogs are concerned, Jerry wears his
heart upon his sleeve. It touches him
deeply when he hears of trainers forcing, intimidating,
scolding or hurting dogs.

More than that, he knows that force is not effective
and that it will certainly lead to behavior problems;
sometime problems so severe that people put their
dogs down because of those problems.

I believe that it is natural for humans to want to control
their dog by force. Jerry knows this too. We have all been
at our wits' end, haven't we?

Dogs have a natural tendency to mimic. In scientific
literature it is referred to allelomimetic behavior. Dogs
respond in like kind to force; they respond in like kind
to praise.

Don't bribe your dog with treats; give him what he
wants most-your kind attention. Give him your praise.
You will be astonished at how your dog 's anxiety will
dissipate and how their behavior problems will dissipate
along with their anxiety.

Treat Jerry Howe's (The Puppy Wizard) Wits' End
Training Method as a scientific principle just as you
would the law of gravity and you will have astounding
success.

Dog behavior is just as scientific as is gravity.

If you follow Jerry's puppy rules you will get a sweet
little Magwai; if you don't you will surely get a little
gremlin (anyone see The Gremlins?). --Larry

From: Mike (m.bidd...@ns.sympatico.ca)
Date: 2004-07-18 14:27:02 PST

> > Oh, and did I mention his methods work, ya nuff said.

> > Mike

> Ok Mike which part worked for you?

It helped clear problems from my dogs in the
field using the can penny distraction technique.

Works like a charm.

My dogs get distracted easy from their jobs ie,
retrieving or training to find lost people, oh did
I mention that I am a Search and Rescue Team
Leader.

Sorry that slipped my mind.

I have read volumes of training books and don't
know where people get that Jerry copied others
work as I have NEVER come across his methods
before. I would like to see proof.

Just like Jerry outlined I eliminated problems one
at at time as they arose. I used to try and train to
the way I wanted them but this is backward, you
train out the problems leaving what you want left over.

Funny part is the second dog who had the same
problems as the other didn't need correcting for
some of his habits after I cleared it from the first
dog.

Seemed he learned through osmosis.

Nice side benefit there.

It nearly came to giving them up to a 3rd party
trainer as they were not performing well. The
VAST majority of working dog trainers are
agressive in their actions with the dogs.

I tried it and it didn't work and guess what I
was at my "Whits End" then someone I new
turned me onto Jerry and the rest is history.

I referred friends and families to Jerry's manual
and all have had great results. Starting puppies
out on the distraction technique is especially
good because they never develop the habit.

I had my sisters dog healing, sitting and down
stay reliably at 8-9 weeks. The first night home
following Jerrys advice we ditched the crate and
put the pup on the floor beside the bed and after
2 whimpers NOT A SOUND OUT OF THAT DOG
FOR 6 HRS! first night, that has never happened
in all my days.

Sorry, the man understands dogs its that simple.

Mike

Dr. George VonHilsheimer writes in
"Is there a SCIENCE of BEHAVIOR?":

"Valette 1966 is a complete trivialization of
scientific findings. It overstates the case for
reinforcement theory. No careful researcher
would contend that operant techniques CAN
ANY THING MORE than modify SHORT TERM
BEHAVIOR in a highly controlled and limited
environment with a large number of skillful
experimenters. Certainly the most elaborate
studies have shown that the withdrawal or
temprary inefficiency of the reward system is
immediately followed by CESSATION of the
programmed behavior.

In fortunate contrast to this depressing paper
is the research reported by Whelan (1966) who
makes the simple but profHOWEND caveat that
"It is only through CORRECT, EFFICIENT APPLICATION
(of operant principles) that children's behavor can
be changed to the extent that they can subsequently
contribute to the REAL WORLD in which they live." "

"The Methods, Principles, And Philosophy Of Behavior
Never Change,
Or They'd Not Be Scientific And Could Not Obtain
Consistent, Reliable, Fast, Effective Results
For All Handler's And All Dogs,
ALL OVER THE WHOLE WILD WORLD,
NEARLY INSTANTLY,
As Taught In Your FREE Copy Of The Puppy Wizard's
FREE WWW Wits' End Dog Training Method Manual,"
The Puppy Wizard. <{} ; ~ ) >

Dr. Von continues:

"Whelan illustrates the simple nature or the
learning process by referring to Ferster's
engaging study of two three year old
chimpanzees taught mathematics through
simple procedures. Whelan carries this
EVIDENCE a step futher by pointing HOWET
it's applicability to disturbed children."

You Get The Critter You Trained

A Dog Is A Dog
As A Kat Is A Kat
As A Birdie Is A Birdie
As A Child Is A Child
As A SP-HOWES Is a SP-HOWES.

ALL Critters Only Respond In
PREDICTABLE INNATE NORMAL NATURAL INSTINCTIVE
REFLEXIVE Ways
To Situations And Circumstances Of Their Environment
Which We Create For Them.

Damn The Descartean War of
"Nature Vs Nurture."
We Teach By HOWER Words And Actions
And GET BACK What We TAUGHT.

In The Problem Animal Behavior BUSINESS
FAILURE MEANS DEATH.
SAME SAME,
For The Problem Child Behavior BUSINESS.

Dr. Von continues:

"If chimpanzees CAN LEARN mathematics
through step by step learning AT THEIR OWN
PACE, reinforced primarily by CORRECT
ANSWERS rather than with "fruit loops and
rasins", we can assume that even developmentally
RETARDED or CONfHOWENDED children CAN LEARN as well.

Moreover, Whelan makes the EXXXTREMELY important point
that while most teachers assume that learning takes place
verbally, primarily it is a non verbal
process..

Unfortunately Whelan limits himself to the problem
that "teachers must not only modify or remove specific
deviant behaviors, but must also develop socially
acceptable behavior patterns in the classroom and
classroom conditioned goals, NOT LEARNING.

Other researchers have emphasized the importance
ofadult behaviors in conditioning classroom behavior.
An EXXXCELLENT review of this researchshowd that
tantrum behavior, excessive crawling and dependency,
isolated play, passivity, spelling failure, and other
problem behaviors can be managed by altering habitual
adult responses to children (Harris, Wolf and Baer, 1964) .

Such RESEARCH holds GREATER PROMISE in that
alteration of the conditioning social environment seems
to provide more STABLE and LASTING CHANGES than
"M and M's". Moreover, a great deal of work has been
done developing EFFECTIVE techniques of behavior
modificaton through the conditioning social environment
of peers (Hartup, 1964). These directions would seem
more PRODUCTIVE than a simple minded trainslation
of the Skinner cage to the classroom.

Skinner (1963) pointed HOWET that operant techniques
can "be utilized fully ONLY IF we REDEFINE the GOALS
of education and the CONDITIONS in the educational
environment under which those goals may be reached...
(through) a DIFFERENT KIND of educational research
which is much more closely concerned with the immediate
dimensions of the student's behavior than with gross
changes such as IMPROVED PERFORMANCES."

UNFORTUNATELY, neither Skinner nor ANY OTHER
learning theorist has provided us with a working
model of a school or research enterprise based
on systemic and thorough-going APPLICATION of
LEARNING PRINCIPLES.

Skinner (1948, 1953) approaches a definition of the
philosophical issues involved, and provides an utopian
model of a school, but generally psychologists seem
STUCK at a level of MANAGEMENT of an aggressively
disturbing child in the classroom, through peer approval,
or the aplication of accelerating CONsequences in the
classroom, or scientifically S-HOWENDING tactics like
"TIME HOWET" (which we used to know more simply
as "sendin the kid to the cloakroom").

Hobbs (op. cit.) claims that the classroom is a
natural environement for the child. Thelen (1965)
contends that "classroom practices are UNnatural,
UNreasonable, and 'against NATURE.' ". This
would seem the central issue for the philosophy of
education. Mere trivial application of research findings
to an institution essentially unchanged from Sumerian
academies (Kramer, 1962) will NOT create useful
teaching for human beings.

It seems relevant to ask EXXXACTLY WHAT do we
know abHOWT the learning situation in which HOWER
children find themselves, and why, in the light of HOWER
knowledge, do we do any of the things that schools do?"

We know that there is little agreement among adults
as to what it is they are SUPPOSED to be DOING,
what something to do could be that MIGHT be
EFFECTVE, and what it IS that other people who
have authority over children ought to be doing (Mc-
Eachern and Taylor, 1967). Wherefor the child's
CONfusiHOWEN?

It is NO WONDER hat the marked changes in
deviant behavior of children can be achieved
through brief, simple educative routines with
their mothers which modify the mother's
social behaviors shaping the child (Whaler,
1966). Some clinics have reported ELIMINATION
ofthe need for child THERAPY through changing
the clinical emphasis from clinical to parental
HANDLING of the child (Szrynski 1965). A large
number of cases improved sufficiently after
preliminary contact with parents that NO treatment
of children was required, and almost ALL cases
SHOWE a remarkably shortened period for therapy.
Quite severe cases of anorexia nervosa have been
treated in own to five months by simply REPLACING
the parents temporarily with EFFUSIVELY LOVING
SUBSTITUTES (Groen, 1966).

Probably the most absurd figure in Amaerican mass
media is the TEACHER (Gerbner, 1966). HOWE can
we EXXXPECT children to LEARN responsible P-HOWER
from models of IMPOTENCE? We KNOW that LEARNING
a complex ritualized social role, is facilitated by observation of an
INTELLIGIBLE MODEL much more effectively than by
trial and error with REINFORCEMENT.

Roles which are relatively arbitrary and senseless are
the most difficult to learn (Luchins, 1966). Do we make
ANY EFFORT as teachers to CORRECT the massive impact of
media?

HOWE can the ARBITRARINESS and SENSELESSNESS
of IMPOTENT ADULT MODELS be redeemed by anything
short of RELEVANCE and COMMITMENT?

As an engaging final comment on the PROFESSION
let me mention the little study by Dittman et al (1965)
tha when 15 psychotherapists and 9 professional dancers
evaluated facial and bodily expressons for effect the
dancers ere much MOORE accurate. Need we say
MOORE abHOWET the training of therapists?

THE OPERANT FALLACY

Programs utilizing the "contingencies of reinforcement
model" proposed by Skinner (1963) ar no more well
established in research than the various dynamic
therapists. Research in four areas : 1) direct evaluation
of programmed systems for elarning; 2) reinforcement;
3) cognitive dissonance; and 4) motivation, MOST SURELY
DEMOLISH the claims of operant programers.

The 190 studies annotated by Schramm (1964) when
inspected display NO SIGNIFICANT DIFFERENCES
in SUCCESS among approaches and modifications.
Programmed instruction is no worse than conventional
instruction, and takes less time, but time reductions in
conventional instruction has frequently been shown
possible without detrimental effects. If you draw your
controls cagily you can always show the superiority of
your PET technique.

Moore and Smit (1964) compared variations on
programmed materials, machines, texts, written
choice, and iving or not giving the students results.
There were NO SIGNIFICANT DIFFERENCES despite
Skinner's insistence on the importance of the
CONTINGENCY of REINFORCEMENT. Carpenter
and Greenhill (1963) could find NO DIFFERENCE
in RESULTS even after eliminating the self-pacing
feature by presenting the materials by TV or Video.

Krumboltz and Kiesler (1965) reported that a two month
follow up test showed NO DIFFERENCE between students
given a variety of reinforcement schedules. Mayo and
Longo (1966) report that naval and marine trainees
saved 30% of time in learning electronics fundamentals
through a programed course witrh superior scores on one
measure but not on another, and with no follow-up reported.

The same authors reported a reductionj from 26 HOWERS
to 19 HOWERS in instruction time through the use of
program with NO DIFFERENCE in test scores, except
that as longer blocks of materiallearned through programmed means were
tesed the scores DECREASED.

When the control instruction is manipulated an entirely
DIFFERENT picture emerges Jacobs and Kulkarni (1966)
assignedstudents in three different schools to classes
with standard programmed material giving immediate
knowledge of results to classes without results and to
classes with the order of sections of the program inverted.

In two schools the groups without knowledge of results
and the groups with inverted material SCORED HIGHER.
In one school there was NO DIFFERENCE. So much for
THEORY. Reid and Taylor (1965) presented a linear
program on paper-making to 60 paid undergrads with
a 12 week follow up test. The group which merely
read learned the same material in 154 minutes to
243 minutes for the group given responses- a
REVERSAL of the usual BIASED RESULTS based
on POOR CON-TROLLS. There were no differences
on post tests.

Spagnoli (1965) reports on a study exposing the control
and programed group to the same material in a concentrated
effort over a limited period of time. There were NO
SIGNIFICANT DIFFERENCES.

Sassenrath and Garverick (1965) gave 4 matched
groups of 120 students four procedures: 1) looking
up the wrong answers, 2) having questions discussed
by the instructors, 3) checking answers from correct
ones on the board, and 4) no feedback. The discussion
method proved best.

Finally, in studying means of training men to perform
a 72 action prcedure on Nike-Hercules equipment,
Cox and Boren (1965) demonstrated that the time
required to learn the procedure to critterion was NO
DIFFERENT when the actions were organized into
seven operant spans and taught in reverse order, in
natural order, or without grouping into operant spans
at all.

IT IS CLEAR that as comparisons became more
sophisticated programed instruction and other
operant teaching techniquesreveal tehemselves
as simply another prestigiHOWES FAD--somewhat
better than conventional instruction in saving time,
but certainly not providing a better or better organized
or more independently useful GRASP of KNOWLEDGE.

The IMBECILITY of some ofthe claims for operant
technique simply take the breath away. Lovas et al
(1966) report a standard contingent reward/punishment
procedure developing imitative speech in two severly
disturbed non verbal schizophrenic boys. After twenty-
six days the boys are reported to have been learning
new words with alacrity. HOWEver, when REWARDS
were moved to a delayed contingency the behavoir and
learning immediately deteriorated.

Despite this, and despite the fact that there was no
evidence of cognitive association with the words, the
authors leap to the conclusion that the fact that the
boys improved in the acquisition of Norwegian words
WITHOUT REWARDS while still being given English
words WITH REWARDS suggest hat the children may
be able to acquire new behaviors on their own.

The need for this study escapes one, particularly in
view of the very well established fact that schizophrenics
condition quite readily (Mednick, 1958)

One can see the "SCIENTIFIC" PRECISION by which the
authors drop contingent reinforcements thus PROVING
that the parrot behavior was indeed caused by the schedule
and NOT by some other mystical force.

The use of Norwegian to demonstrate learning that
could not even remotely be related to previous history
is a grotesquery too bizarre to be credited. Who could
possibly doubt that this useless and probably damaging
trained seal routine depended on the psychologist's antics?

What on earth led them to believe that a schizophrenic
needs even more other-focused responsiveness?

Lovaas et al (1965) reportedthree programs carried
out on five year old autistic twins conditioining them
to "social behavior" and to eliminate pathologial
behaviors such as self-stimulation and tantrums.

Affectionate and other social behaviors toward
adults increaseed after adults had been associated
with shock reduction. The routine for this treatment
brings immediate relief to mind Sawrey and Wesz
(1956) routine for producing ulcers in monkeys.

I suppose it is USELESS to speculate on the source
of SO CALLED THERAPISTS willingness to experiment
on human beings with procedures for which there is
sound experimentally established WARNINGS. If the
"double blind" theory of the origin of schizophrenia
(Bateson, 1956) is at all valid, HOWE DEVASTATING
the experience must ULTIMATELY BE.

Do Lovaas et al REALLY BELIEVE the schizophrenic
has no cognitive processes and DOES NOT KNOW
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE SHOCK? Greger
(1965) criticized this study on the basis that
trainsfer CANNOT be generalized.

That issue can be answered by experience, and, of
curse, the "social" behavior of these children deteriorates
as soon as the psychologists LOOSE INTEREST.

The IMPORTANT ISSUE for a SCIENCE OF BEHAVIOR
is why not attempt those things which are KNOWN to
WORK at least in some cases if only for control puporses.

Kanner (1954) reports that 13 classically autistic
children improved enough to go to school without
"anything that is regarded as good psychotherapy or
as psychotherapy at all..."

Autistic children have been known to become
permenantely social by deinstitutionalization,
BY REMOVAL from the parents, BY RADICAL CHANGES
in other environments, and by MASSIVE DOSAGE of
TOUCHING, HOLDING, FONDLING LOVE DESPITE THE
REJECTION OF THE CHILD.

My case, Larry, (vonHilsheimer, 1965b), demonstrates
a recovery by using the mother as an autistic boy's
teacher in an open millieu. It is curiHOWES that the
operant technicians provide as few, and as UNIMAGINITAVE controls for
thier "research" as the Freudians.

REWARD / PUNISHMENT

Despite Skinner's clear denunciation of "negative
reinforcement" (1958) NEARLY EVER LEARNING
THEORY model involves the USE OF PUNISHMENT.
Of curse, Skinner has never to my knowledge,
demonstrated HOWE we escape the phenomenon
that an expected reward not received is experienced
as a punishment and can produce extensive and
persistent aggression (Azrin et al, 1966).

MIMICRY, PLAY, EXPLORATION AND
THE NEED FOR DATA

Complex activities are LEARNED MORE QUICKLY
through OBSERVATION (copying, if you will) than
by trial and error with reinforcemet (Luchins,).
Observers of subjects making a first trial of a multiple
choice bolt head maze made fewer errors than the
practiced subjects in the second run, while subjects
who have been shocked for error on a first trial made
more errors than either (Rosenbaum & Hewitt, 1966).
Students will modify their beliefs more when rewarded
for the way in which they carried out arguing for a
disagreeable position (role reward), than when rewarded
for the content of the argument (Wallace, 1966).
======================

T*@AniMail.Net
2005-05-21 12:24:22 EST
HOWEDY diana aka lush,

Diana wrote:
> "Karmawa" <karmawa@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have a 3 month old dog and I have started
> > using the methods mentioned in the Wits' End
> > Dog Training Method Manual
>
> It's for the most part plagiarised

HOWE COME LYING DOG ABUSING PUNK THUG COWARD
MENTAL CASES like you post to The Amazing Puppy
Wizard's FREE WWW Wits' End Dog Training Method
Forums and School Of HARD KNOCKS and HUMAN BEHAVIOR
RESEARCH LABORATORIES, diana aka lush?

You got ANY CITES for your INSANE accusations?

> and what isn't, is at best dubious.

Well THAT should be EZ for a GENIUS like
you and your punk thug coward mental case
pals to DISCUSS, diana aka lush. Tell us
EXXXACTLY what is "dubiHOWES" in your FREE
COPY of The Amazing Puppy Wizard's 100%
CONSISTENTLY NEARLY INSTANTLY SUCCESSFUL
FREE WWW Wits' End Dog Training Method?

OTHER THAN the part that SEZ you can't
JERK and CHOKE and spray aversives in
your dogs face and withhold attention
affection and "rewards" and lock your
dog in a box and IGNORE her cries?

> You get what you pay for

The INFORMATION in The Amazing Puppy
Wizard's 100% CONSISTENTLY NEARLY
INSTANTLY SUCCESSFUL FREE WWW Wits'
End Dog Training Method Manual is
FREE, lush.

Had you USED it your DEAD DOG Stone
wouldn't of GOT MURDERED by you for
his INCURABLE SEPARATION ANXXXIHOWESNESS.

> and I strongly recommend you start looking
> for proper puppy clases and reading material
> by regarded dog trainers.

Your own posted case history shows you'r
own dog won't come, can't walk on leash,
and cannot be trusted under ANY circumstances.

> There's plenty about.

CITES PLEASE, diana aka lush? Seems EVERY
time you MENTAL CASES "CITE" sumpthin, The
Amazing Puppy Wizard RESEARCHES and DISCREDITS
the INFORMATION and the author, lush.

> Have a look at this web site for some reviews
> on dog training books and for general information
> on puppy training.

Your MENTALLY ILL pals run that site, lush.
The Amazing Puppy Wizard ran them off of HIS
FREE WWW Wits' End Dog Training Method Forums.

REMEMBER, lush?

> (you should be able to souce most of the books
> from your library,

Most of them books are BUNK, lush.
Most of the AUTHORS of those REGARDED
books are PROVEN LYING DOG ABUSING PUNKS,
like yourself, lush.

> I am not advertising this site to sell you stuff,

RIGHT! You're ADVERTISING the site to disparrage
The Amazing Puppy Wizard on accHOWENT of HE has
IDENTIFIED EXXXPOSED and DISCREDITED you and the
"information" you been followin that GOT YOUR OWN
DEAD DOG Stone.

REMEMBER, lush?

> I am just good friends with the lady who owns it

Would that be "roo", lush? She won't post
here abHOWETS nodoGgamenedMOORE on accHOWENT
of The Amazing Puppy Wizard has DISCREDITED
her based on her own posted case history of
HURTING INTIMIDATING and MURDERING dogs, lush.

> and know that the book reviews are good :)).

That so, lush? The Amazing Puppy Wizard
has REVIEWED most of those authors and
books and CITED their ABUSES, lush.

> > however I need advice on housebreaking,

HOWEsbreakin is INSTINCTIVE at four weeks.

> Training her on paper teaches her to go inside
> the house -

That's INSANE, lush. Pryor to lockin dogs in
boxes nearly every HOWES puppy was SUCCESSFULLY
paper trained, lush.

> taking her outside every 2 hours, maintaining
> constant vigilance and learning her behaviour
> patterns when she is about to do her business
> is a far quicker and straight forward way of
> communicating to your dog that she should not
> eliminate in the house.

INDEEDY. AND THAT'S HOWE COME YOUR OWN DEAD
DOG Stone GOT MURDERED by you for "separation
anXXXIHOWESNESS" and STRESS INDUCED AUTO-IMMUNE
DIS-EASE, you lyin dog abusing mental case.

You punks AIN'T gettin away with comin into The
Amazing Puppy Wizard's FREE WWW Wits' End Dog
Training Method Forums and LYIN and teachin The
Amazing Puppy Wizard's STUDENTS HOWE to HURT
INTIMDIATE and MURDER dogs LIKE HOWE YOU DONE,
lush.

> as she is getting used to doing it on the papers,

Yeah... THAT'S called paper trainin.

> Go with her, take some treats

You can't train a dog using treats,
lush. If the dog is thinkin of goin
HOWEtside he AIN'T THIKIN abHOWET treats.

> and make sure she knows she's the best
> dog in the world when she does it outside :)

You mean, praise IT "AFTER THE FACT," lush.

That's INSANE, lush.

> Have fun with your pup - they grow up fast :)

NOT IF YOU MURDER THEM, lush.

From: "The Puppy Wizard" <jho...@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 14:21:38
Subject: Re: R.Ridgeback/Boxer

HOWEDY lush,

"Lushious Lugs" <d...@dogstuffagain.fslife.co.­uk> wrote in
messagenews:an911i$q76$1@news5.svr.pol.co.uk...

> "Bob" <f...@REMOVEblueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

> > Hi there,
> > New to this group so please forgive me if this
> > has been posted before.

Well, that explains HOWE COME you're askin questions here.
You're not familiar with our Gang Of Lying Dog Abusing Thugs yet.

I'll introduce you around...

> Welcome

Whaddday know? You got the first one already!

> > I have a crossed Ridgeback with a Boxer. Not much is
> > known about him other than he is between 7 to 12 months
> > old.
>
> > A few questions:
> > He doesn't seem to 'eat' a great deal - infact he
> > turns his nose up at most dog foods we have tried
> > on him but is quite partial to cat food and food
> > off our plates:)

Our dog lovers usually seem to have an oral fixation. They
rely on food bribes and greed, cause that's what they know.

> Watch carefully how much he is actually eating from your
> plates ~ you may be quite surprised.

Whatever.

> I'm sure you realise that this is really not a good idea

Is that so? You afraid of germs?

> as you are not only encouraging begging habits and
> general bad manners,

Naah, that's BULLSHIT lush. You just don't know HOWE
to train a dog to take nicely from the plate when offered
and not beg when it's not offered.

> but also encouraging finicky eating habits, poor nutrition

You think sharing dinner with the dogis unehealthy nutrition?

Perhaps you should learn to cook?

> and destroying the value of one of the most useful tools
> in dog training ~ food.

That's sheer idiocy, lush. Dogs trained with bribes DON'T WORK
when there's better pickings, like the trash can or a bunny goin
bye. You're a idiot, lush.

> > What's the best food for a ridgeback?
> I would not particularly recommend that you go out and
> buy the most expensive, but would steer you in the higher
> end of the price bracket.

Once again, cause you're a idiot.

> If the supplier / sales person has lots of advice and is helpful,
> the chances are that they have had some training ~ which IMO
> is a very good sign that the manufacturers really do care about
> the quality of their food and their reputation (I mean advice, not
> sales patter).

BWWWWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!

> I've changed my dogs diet or this reason alone ~

You're a idiot, lush.

> I was researching diet for the course I am doing and the
> MD of the company actually rang me up to discuss it,

Yeah? Lucky thing he didn't discuss his 4 D'd dog food with me.

> said he had looked at my web site pictures of Stone and told me
> about his own and his mothers dogs...

Isn't that chummy?

> It's not that small a company either
> and supplies across the UK ~ so they got my vote!

Yeah. We're all impressed. You're a liar and a dog abuser.

> > We've had him now about 2 months and still CANNOT
> > introduce him to our cat.

Neither can our dog lovers.

> > Any tips on how to do this would be gratefully appreciated.

BWWWWAAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!

> I don't know either breed first hand but I believe prey drive
> is pretty strong in the Rhodesian Ridgeback.

IS THAT SO?

> Dangling puss in front of him and saying
> look what a lovely cat won't help at all and
> will have quite the reverse effect.

Good idea, lush. You got any SUGGESTIONS?

> Teach him the command 'leave it'

That means HURT the dog when he looks at the kat, lush.

> and make the reward for 'ignoring

Oh? I thought the idea was to make them FRIENDS?

> much greater than the thrill of chasing the cat (a good
> reason for keeping food,

That's cause you're a fat greedy pig, lush.

> esp favourite foods for special only) and at the same
> time give your cats lots of high shelves and use baby
> gates so that they can get away.

Because you don't have CONTROL of the dog...

> > When I leave the house he has a habit of going to the
> > window and scratching
> > at the net curtains - resulting in torn curtains:)

Our pal lush has the same problem. Isn't that refreshing?

> > Anyway to combat this?

BWWWAWAHAHAHAHAAA!!!

> Lots ~ and you really want to discourage this ~

That's exactly what causes the problem, your efforts
to DISCOURAGE IT, like the kat.

> This could easily develop in to separation anxiety ~

Like your own dog has.

> which, believe me, can be a nightmare for all.

Just based on your own personal experience.

> Never, ever fuss him when you return and never fuss
> him when you are about to leave.

That's ridiculous.

> Make a point of not talking to him for 10mins before you leave

That's ridiculous.

> but again, you can use extra special food as a lure / reward
> for not being phased by your coming or going.

That's ridiculous.

> Kongs stuffed tightly with delicious 'favourites' are fantastic
> for this and cured my girl from the most severe S/A

BWWWWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!

You're a liar, lush. You used my Surrogate Toy Separation Anxiety /
Bedtime Calming Technique.

> > I take him over the park twice a day and let him off his
> > leash - when he sees another dog all he wants to do is play -

Our experts rely on excessive exercise to control their dog's
hyperactive OCD behaviors.

> > which is fine by me.

It's not fine by the dog... When the excessive exercise
routine is interrupted, the behavior problems come back
with the vengence of the exercise gorilla on his back,
like a junkie withdrawing from heroine.

> > However, to try and call him back is a nightmare.

That's EZ to train. Our "experts" can't do that themselves.

> > I've tried the doggy treats but he just gets too excited:)

Forget the food bribes, that'll never work.

> Never go back the way you came, always make it a
> round trip and do this in alternating directions.

IDIOT. You can't fool the dog!!!

> He's young & heavy boned so he really shouldn't have
> too much exercise yet

Is that so? The dog is a young adult, lush.

> but he would be beginning to move on to a larger amount.

Would he, now? Where did you study doggy phys ed?

> How long are you in the park for? 1/2 hour per time?-

Huh? What kinda idiocy is this?

> Treats are never going to be so effective if he gets them for
nothing.

That's absurd. You can't BRIBE a dog to come.

> While he's charging around without obeying your commands
> he is totally out of control ~

IMAGINE???

> fine for him and other big dogs that don't mind, but what
> happens if someone walks in to the park with a smaller
> or disabled dog that really doesn't need his attention?...

Yeah? What of training the dog, lush? You got any suggestions?

> or a dog that is not going to put up with him and starts a fight?

You got any suggestions?

> or another dog panics & runs away, out of the
> park & across a road... and he gives chase. Vet bills & lawsuits...

That's nice, lush. You know all the problems your methods cause.

> He needs good play off lead but he's going to get in to a
> lot of trouble so I'm afraid you will have to keep him on
> lead until you have his basic obedience sorted...

Is that so? My students train a 100% reliable come command
in about one hour, often less.

> go to classes,

Like you and your lying dog abusing Thug pals, lush?

> and use a long lead & never, ever let him
> have more fun from ignoring you than he
> has from obeying you...

Imagine?

> oh, & ESPECIALLY, no matter how long it takes for him
> to obey, NEVER tell him off for coming to you.

Get outta here with your doubletalk.

> > He is also now 'handing' a lot (Biting at the hands) - he will
> > stop when he is placed in his bed and told to 'STAY' but how
> > can I get him out of this 'Handing'?
> Teach him that you don't like it and won't play with him if he does
it ~

Is that so? Don't dogs mouth to BOND, lush?

> you say ouch, turn away & leave the room ~

That seldom works, lush. The dog is looking for ATTENTION.
Rejecting the dog will make him TRY HARDER to GET YOUR
ATTENTION, lush. That's HOWE COME your "methods" don't
work.

> leaving him sitting there thinking 'what the ??? did I do'.

That'll cause the dog ANXIETY and make an enemy of him.

> Consistency here & he'll soon suss that mouthing
> for attention & play has the opposite effect.

That'll frustrate the dog, lush.

> Also, teach him the word 'gentle'

You mean as a warning?

> (esp. useful for when he's around kids & older folk)...

To threaten him to behave?

> rub his chest ~ from the front of his neck to the top
> of his front legs & watch him go all dopey on you...

That so?

> in your most soothing voice, repeat the word 'gentle'
> and he will quickly associate the dopey mode, that
> nearly every dog I've ever met goes in to, with the word.

You hurt and kill dogs you can't force and bribe, lush.

> > I look forward to your responses.

You'll be sorrrry, Bob.

> > Bob
> > Birmingham
> > UK
> Ahhh, you're a UK'er ~ the food is Oscar http://www.oscars.co.uk/

That trash contains BHA & BHT, lush... and they sell the GL
neck twister pain infliction restraint device...

> Diana

Now get the heel outta here you miserable lying dog abusing Thug.

> > > Jerome Bigge writes:
> > > I do know that hitting, hurting your dog will often make the
> > > dog either aggressive or a fear biter, neither of which we
> > > want to do.
> > And neither does anyone else, Jerome. No matter
> > what Jerry Howe states.
> > --Matt. Rocky's a Dog.
> > You're scary Marilyn.
> > Marilyn must be quite a disturbed individual. I feel very sorry
> > for her and her family.
> > BUT, giving you the benefit of the doubt, please provide a quote
> > (an original quote, not from one of Jerry Howe's heavily edited
> > diatribes) that shows a regular poster promoting
> > or using an abusive form of training.
> --Matt. Rocky's a Dog.

Is that true, Marilyn?

Of course not~ but THIS IS:

"Chin CHUCK absolutely doesn't mean slap," professora gingold.

terri willis, Psychoclown wrote:
"Nope. That "beating dogs with sticks" things is
something you twisted out of context, because you
are full of bizarro manure."

"Warning: Sometimes The Corrections Will Seem Quite Harsh And
Cause You To Cringe. This Is A Normal Reaction The First Few
Times It Happens, But You'll Get Over It." mike duforth, author:
"Courteous Canine."

"I have heard advice stating that you should pre-load
your dog for Bitter Apple for it to work as efficiently as
possible. What does this mean?

When you bring home the Bitter Apple for the first time,
spray one squirt directly into the dog's mouth and walk
away. The dog won't be too thrilled with this but just
ignore him and continue your normal behavior."

--Mike Dufort
author of the zero selling book
"Courteous Canines"

Sez on our FAQ'S pages at K9 Web you should knee the
dog in the chest, step on its toes, throw him down by his
ears and climb all over it like a raped ape growling into
his throat and bite IT on his ears, or leash pop it on a
pronged spiked pinch choke collar or pop him in the
snout with the heel of your palm.

"Many People Have Problems Getting The Pinch Right, Either
They Do Not Pinch Enough, Or They Have A Very Stoic Dog.
Some Dogs Will Collapse Into A Heap. About The Ear Pinch:
You Must Keep The Pressure Up" sindy "don't let the dog
SCREAM" mooreon, author of our FAQ'S pages at K9 WEB.

"Marshall Dermer" <der...@alpha1.csd.uwm.edu> wrote in message

> >Di,
> I don't believe you mentioned a particular kind of training. If you
> are interested in training retrieval behavior than do consider
> our own Amy Dahl's:
> The 10-Minute Retriever : How to Make a Well-Mannered, Obedient and
> Enthusiastic Gun Dog in 10 Minutes a Day
> by John I. Dahl, Amy Dahl

You failed to mention your pals the dahls are proven liars and dog
abusers, professor "SCRUFF SHAKE:"

"I Would Never Advise Anyone To Slap A Dog I Do Not Believe There
Is A Single Circumstance Ever, Where Slapping A Dog Is Anything
But Destructive," "I don't see why anyone would want to choke or
beat a dog, or how any trainer could possibly get a good working dog
by
making them unhapper, fearful, cowering, etc." sez amy lying frosty
dahl
who continues:

> just $17.95 at Amazon.com.
> (Also, it is best to killfile posts from the few regulars here who
> are either ill-tempered, ill-mannered, or just plain ill.)
> --Marshall

amy lying frosty dahl continues:

"On the other extreme, the really hard dogs we have trained
require much more frequent and heavy application of
pressure (PAIN j.h.) to get the job done,

This is continued resistance to your increasing authority, and the
job is not done until it is overcome

Get A 30"- 40" Stick.You can have a helper wield the stick, or do it
yourself. Tougher, less tractable dogs may require you to progress to

striking them more sharply

Try pinching the ear between the metal casing and the collar, even
the
buckle on the collar. Persist! Eventually, the dog will give in

but will squeal, thrash around, and direct their efforts to escaping
the
ear pinch

You can press the dog's ear with a shotshell instead of your thumb
even get a studded collar and pinch the ear against that

Make the dog's need to stop the pinching so urgent that resisting
your will fades in importance.

CHUCK IT Under ITS Chin With That Ever Ready Right Hand,
As it catches on, try using the stick and no ear pinch. When the
dog is digging out to beat the stick and seems totally reliable
without
any ear pinch, you are finished

This is continued resistance to your increasing authority,
and the job is not done until it is overcome" If the dog drops it,
chuck
it solidly under the chin, say "No! Hold!"

(stay on the ear until it does) (perhaps because the ear is getting
tender, or the dog has decided it isn't worth it)" lying frosty dahl.

"Chin cuff absolutely does not mean slap," professora gingold.

From: Marshall Dermer (der...@alpha1.csd.uwm.edu)
In article <38CC0C43.94E2D...@earthlink.n­et> rhurw...@earthlink.net
writes:

>> -snip headers etc.
>> Yes. you're right, I really should find the book.. they don't have
these
>> books in the local pet stores I frequent, where do you find Koehler?

>I got a nice large print copy from Amazon.com
>Richard

Please try Powell's Books in Portland Oregon. Their URL is:

http://www.powells.com/

Unlike Amazon.com, Powell's keeps both new and used books on
its shelves. You can order books via e-email.

Koehler Method Of Dog Training
by Koehler, W R
Published by HOWELL BOOK HOUSE (0876056575,

==============================­==========================

Here's some quotes and some methods right outta your
koehler book professor "SCRUFF SHAKE and scream "NO!"
into its face for 5 seconds:"

"The Koehler Method of Dog Training (1962). New York:
Howell Book Book House(p. 52-53)."

Hanging

"First, the trainer makes certain that the collar and leash
are more than adequate for any jerk or strain that the
dog's most frantic actions could cause. Then he starts
to work the dog deliberately and fairly to the point where
the dog makes his grab. Before the teeth have reached
their target, the dog, weight permitting, is jerked from
the ground.

As in coping with some of the afore-mentioned problems
the dog is suspended in mid-air.

However, to let the biting dog recover his footing while
he still had the strength to renew the attack would be
cruelty. The only justifiable course is to hold him
suspended until he has neither the strength nor
inclination to renew the fight. When finally it is obvious
that he is physically incapable of expressing his
resentment and is lowered to the ground, he will
probably stagger loop-legged for a few steps,
vomit once or twice, and roll over on his side.

The sight of a dog lying, thick-tongued, on his side,
is not pleasant, but do not let it alarm you

THE REAL "HOOD"

"If your dog is a real "hood" who would regard the
foregoing types of protest as "kid stuff" and would
express his resentment of your efforts by biting,
your problem is difficult -- and pressing.

"Professional trainers often get these extreme problems.
Nearly always the "protest biter" is the handiwork of a
person who, by avoiding situations that the dog might
resent, has nurtured the seeds of rebellion and then
cultivated the resultant growth with under correction.

When these people reap their inevitable and oftentimes
painful harvest, they are ready to avail themselves of "the
cruel trainer" whose advice they may have once rejected
because it was incompatible with the sugary droolings of
mealy-mouthed columnists, breed-ring biddies, and dog
psychologists who, by the broken skins and broken hearts
their misinformation causes, can be proven guilty of the
greatest act of cruelty to animals since the dawn of time.

"With more genuine compassion for the biting dog than
would ever be demonstrated by those who are "too kind"
to make a correction and certainly with more disregard for
his safety, the professional trainer morally feels obligated
to perform a "major operation."

"Since we are presently concerned with the dog that bites
in resentment of the demands of training, we will set our
example in that situation. (In a later chapter we will deal
with the with the much easier problem of the dog that bites
someone other than his master."

> Diana
>
> --
> Cindy the weimaraner's web site:
> http://cindy-incidentally.mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk

T*@Mail.Com
2005-05-21 21:44:35 EST

"Accentuate The Positive -

Punishment Free Training Is A Wonderful
Sounding Concept, A Great Sales Pitch,"
captain arthur haggerty, author, AKC Gazette.

HOWEDY People,

"Accentuate The Positive." That's the title of our
friend captain haggerty's column in the recent a.k.c.
gazette. "When positive reinforcement is all that is
necessary, training is pleasurable to both of you,"
says the good cap'n.

At least we can agree on that.

Maybe the good capt'n has been reading my posts
here and is feeling a lot self-conscious about our
recent progress teaching dog owners to understand
what's gone wrong.

Well, its about time. Too bad the good cap'n (teacher
to uncle matty [see L.A.Weekly article] and our own
boob maida and ???possibly our own anonymous
dogman???) is on the wrong side the fear, force,
confrontation, and pain issue.

Our "traditional trainers" led by the likes of our good
cap'n and our Descartean professors of behavior are
the root of the problem, rather than a source of
information and inspiration that we desperately need
and want...

Too bad our good cap'n is hiding behind the cover of
the akc and their publication The A.K.C. Gazzette,
where he can't be forced to respond to this criticism
and indictment of his methods, methodology, and
madness and engage in discussion or debate or at
least TRY to defend his unconscionalble point of
view that HURTING BRIBING and INTIMIDATING DOGS
or CHILDREN to train them is apuprriate, intellignent,
and justifiable based on his thirty sumthin years of
HURTING INTMIDATING BRIBING and LOCKING DOGS
IN BOXES and tryin to get HOWET callin THAT,
TRAINING and MURDERING dogs he can't abuse
into subordination... or "TRAIN", if you will.

You think he knows enough about dog training and
conditioning behavior to teach you HOWE to use only
positive reinforcement? He can't do it himself, so
HOWE do you expect him to teach you?

The good cap'n mumbles on about his perception of
clicker training and calls it LUCK. He then goes on to
say: "if you have to let a dog know when it is doing
something right, then you must also let it know when
it is doing something wrong." (Don't you just love it
when dog lovers refer to your dog as IT?)

HOWE does the good cap'n extrapolate the need to
let the dog know he's doing something we want, to
being obligated to tell the dog he's doing something
we don't want?

That's the point to USING "PURELY PLEASURABLE

POSITIVE ONLY, NON PHYSICAL SCIENTIFIC and
PSYCHOLOGICAL methods ONLY.

WE do not NEED to tell the dog NO if we
are smart enough to OUTWIT the cunning
of the domestic PUPPY DOG using EFFECTIVE
NON PHYSICAL CONDITIONING.

It's EZ if you know HOWE. The good cap'n doesn't.

Or he wouldn't NEED to HURT and INTMIMIDATE
and LOCK DOGS IN BOXES and SHOCK and
SPRAY AVERSIVES in their eyes and TELL US
IT DON'T HURT.

The good cap'n further shoves his foot deep into his
mouth with: "the latter requires some sort of negative
reinforcement, which, of course, is something of an
oxymoron."

Too bad he doesn't understand the scientific meaning
of the terms positive and negative reinforcent.

Yes I know exactly what the cap'n means. He means
that he does not have the intellect to be able to train a
dog without hurting and confronting him.

First he starts off talking "purely positive" and then he
says that because we tell the dog when he's doing
something right, that we're obligated to tell the dog
when he's doing something wrong.

That's what the cap'n does. Competent dog trainers
don't do that because it's confrontational and causes
aversions to commands and handler and TEACHES
dogs and children to DO those behaviors as soon a
his ABUSER turns his back.

"It can be as uncomplicated as saying a firm NO."

EXACTLY MY POINT.

Competent trainers don't be telling dogs "firmly NO"
on account of that's what provokes dogs to do more
of the same behavior to make us stop in our tracks
to tell them NO and spend time distracted WITH
them, when all we would have needed is to allow
the dog to attempt the behavior and make a brief
variably alternating distraction INSTANTLY followed
with PROLONGED SINCERE EXXXUBERANT
UNCONDITIONAL PRAISE.

Do that a few times in a row and the dog will be
broken of that behavior. But our heavy handed thick
headed weak minded cap'n can't figure that out because
he doesn't have the brains to outwit the cunning of
the domestic puppy dog or he wouldn't NEED to hurt
and intimidate them, would he???

Or, is it because he enjoys jerking and choking and
confronting dogs to make them do what he wants? I
think our friend the good cap'n might have some
CONTROL issues to deal with in his own personality
complex.

"One good thing about negative reinforcement is that
when appropriately delivered, it can immediately stop
an unwanted behavior."

O.K. cap'n. You can repress a behavior but there is
often a replacement behavior that may be worse than
the behavior you are trying to repress. I can give dozens
of examples like SEPARATION anxiHOWESNESS
CAR SICKNESS, FEAR OF THUNDER, LIGHT /
SHADOW / FLY SNAPPING OCD's, so don't even
THINK of startin with that.

"Now I know there are people who claim that they use
only positive reinforcement and no negatives;" but the
good cap'n isn't familar enough with dog training and
behavior to do that. "I'm a bit skeptical when when I
hear this claim."

And that's all the proof I need to prove our good
cap'n to be an incompetent dog trainer:

HOWE do they PUNISH Shamu?

HOWER GOOD cap'n CONtinues:

"You CAN train a dog using all positives. Generally
speaking, though, it is not as efficacious."

Now ain't that an oxymoron?

Either that or it's an outright lie.

What's the story? If you hurt a dog he's going to want
to work more willingly and more creatively than if you
are only using positive motivation and conditioning
techniques which will make the dog think he's working
instinctively through his natural pack cooperative
teamwork effort as NATURE PROGRAMMED HIM?

Come off it cap'n. Get the heel outta this business
and stop misleading people because you ain't bright
enough to train a dog without hurting them.

Then the good cap'n continues on talking about
corrections and punishiment and says "punishment
free training is a wonderful sounding concept, a great
sales pitch." The cap'n is fighting for his career and
reputation. His ship is sinking fast.

Then our good cap'n, the expert who isn't bright
enough to train a puppy dog without hurting him
has the nerve to say "They are making some great
adjustments and sacrifices for what they feel to be
the sake of their dog."

Does the cap'n think that training dogs quickly and
without fear, force, confrontation, punishment, or
negative side effects is not as sensible as training
a dog by locking IT inside of a crate and a chin cuffing
and scruff shaking and jerking and choking IT on a
pronged choke or shock collar and time outs and
punishments "TO ENHANCE THE BOND between
TRAINER AND DOG"?

Something is very wrong here.

We've got an expert who can't train a dog without
hurting him telling YOU that WE can't train dogs
as quickly and effectively using proven scientific
and psychological behavior conditoning and modification
techniques.

That's outrageous, isn't it folks?

Our simple minded cap'n continues to discredit himself
saying: "Some even feel that corrections would shatter
their relationship with their dog. I'm sure that they
do not have that tenuous a relationship with their
dogs, but if they feel they do, that is their
perorgative."

What's tenuous about a good relationship? Suppose
it only deteriorates your relationship A LITTLE.

That's GOOD?

There's no need to force and hurt dogs to train them.
IF our cap'n's got enough intelligence, he's only using
it to fabricate arguments to defend his thirty sumthin
year history of abusing dogs and calling it training.

He then goes on to rationalize HOWE non force
training takes longer. He don't get it. He don't
understand getting a dog to NATURALLY WANT
to do everything you ask because YOU know HOWE
to make Natural Law work for you to compel your
dog to want to do anything you ask without pain
force, fear, intimidation, bribery or punishment.

The cap'n goes off rambling about the "combination
approach" of sometimes being positive and sometimes
being corrective forgetting about such things as
allelomimetic behavior and consistancy and slobbers
all over himself saying "it reduces stress by letting
the dog realize what's wanted and you can tell by the
expression on it's face IT appreciates the guidance."
"Why limit yourself?"

The good cap'n don't get it because he's not intellectually
capable of understanding. He goes on to say: "Punishment
free trainers deserve credit for taking a road less traveled.

It's not a road that I choose to take.

I want to get the job done expeditiously."

So he confronts and punishes a dog because he
doen't think making a dog want to do everything
you ask using purely positive proven effective
scientific and psychological techniques is possible.

Your positive pal, Jerry "Mr NICE Guy," Howe,

The Amazing Puppy Wizard. <{}; ~ } >

All truth passes through three stages.
First, it is ridiculed.
Second, it is violently opposed.
Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
-Arthur Schopenhauer

"Thank you for fighting the fine fight--
even tho it's a hopeless task,
in this system of things.
As long as man is ruling man,
there will be animals (and humans!)
abused and neglected. :-(
Your student," Juanita.

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts
and minds will follow,"
John Wayne.

GOT MILK?

ANY QUESTIONS, DUMMIES?
,-._,-,
V)"(V
(_o_) Have a great day!
/ V)
(l l l) Your Puppy Wizard. <{}YPW; ~ } >
oo-oo