Dog Discussion: FS Golden Retriever

FS Golden Retriever

Redwing
2005-05-18 18:44:27 EST
I have a 3 year old Golden Retriever for sale. Female.
Name: Brodie
Kids refuse to look after her
Beautiful dog! Very well trained. (Pet smart puppy school graduate)
She is not fixed, and has had three heat cycles.
Up to date on all her shots.
She is a pure bred, but I do not have her papers.
Hate to get rid of her, but bought her for the kids, and kids won't take
care of her.

Best offer.

Diana
2005-05-19 05:42:56 EST

"redwing" <gteks@rogers.com> wrote in message
>I have a 3 year old Golden Retriever for sale. Female.
> Name: Brodie
> Kids refuse to look after her
> Beautiful dog! Very well trained. (Pet smart puppy school graduate)
> She is not fixed, and has had three heat cycles.
> Up to date on all her shots.
> She is a pure bred, but I do not have her papers.
> Hate to get rid of her, but bought her for the kids, and kids won't take
> care of her.
>
> Best offer.

Are you not ultimately responsible for your kids?
Are you happy to just throw her life away to teach your kids some kind of
lesson? (cos by all accounts hundreds of thousands of pedigree dogs are
euthanised every day in the US. Golden Retrievers are 2 a penny so her
chances at 3 years old are remote).

,,beside which, if you think you are teaching your kids a lesson in looking
after things, your wrong. You're just teaching them that if its too much
hassle, you can throw it away... :(

Teach your kids responsibility. Set up rosta on who does what and time when
they have to walk and exercise the dog and withhold any privileges, such as
tv and computer time until their jobs are done. Look for an agility club
locally to you that your kids can take her to so that they can have fun,
enter competitions and appreciate her value. That's how you raise
responsible, caring kids.

Diana

Bigjoe
2005-05-19 12:47:03 EST
"redwing" <gteks@rogers.com> a \ufffdcrit dans le message de news:
tOydnaHTKblOWRbfRVn-sQ@rogers.com...
> I have a 3 year old Golden Retriever for sale. Female.
> Name: Brodie
> Kids refuse to look after her
> Beautiful dog! Very well trained. (Pet smart puppy school graduate)
> She is not fixed, and has had three heat cycles.
> Up to date on all her shots.
> She is a pure bred, but I do not have her papers.
> Hate to get rid of her, but bought her for the kids, and kids won't take
> care of her.
> Best offer.

Very sad story... A dog is not a toy !
You should teach/educate your kids (and yourself) !
When you'll be old, I presume your kids will "refuse
to look after" you and will probably get rid of you too...

Ruth
2005-05-20 06:05:55 EST
Redwing:

I am not even going to get into the whole "bought the dog for the kids"
thing. You are the adult and are ultimately responsible. As such, please
do the responsible thing and do not sell this unspayed female. There are
many rescue organizations that you can talk to about turning her over to.
Just do a google search for Golden Retriever rescue. She will be spayed and
placed in a suitable home. Selling her will undoubtedly result in many
litters of puppies placed in more irresponsible homes.

Ruth, Greta, Woody & Thelma

Rob
2005-07-07 12:26:52 EST
Golden Retrievers are like having another "child" in the family.

The best thing you can do for your golden is contact a golden retriever
rescue.

I don't know where you are located, but please contact
http://www.grca-nrc.org/Localrescues.htm

This is a guide to golden retriever rescues by State. Brodie will be
able to find a safe and loving forever home with the rescue's help.

Please don’t sell him to strangers! You will never know if your
beautiful golden will end up in an experimental laboratory or a home
where he is tied to a tree outside all day, or bred mercilessly.

Your golden needs, and is entitled to to have a life filled with love
and care.

Please keep us informed on what happens to Brodie.

redwing wrote:
> I have a 3 year old Golden Retriever for sale. Female.
> Name: Brodie
> Kids refuse to look after her
> Beautiful dog! Very well trained. (Pet smart puppy school graduate)
> She is not fixed, and has had three heat cycles.
> Up to date on all her shots.
> She is a pure bred, but I do not have her papers.
> Hate to get rid of her, but bought her for the kids, and kids won't take
> care of her.
>
> Best offer.

Rob
2005-07-07 12:27:37 EST