Dog Discussion: Weimaraner - Allergic To The Air :)

Weimaraner - Allergic To The Air :)

Shane
2005-05-03 12:25:00 EST
My weimar always has yeast in his ears. We have the ear cleaning solution to
clean out his ear and that gets some of his yeast. But he continues to
scratch his ear and the yeast comes back the next day. We try not to over
clean the ears and he also get's a steriod shot monthly because we can
control the yeast.

Has anyone else experienced this in there Weimaraner? Is there anything else
that can be done? Or should we continue what we are doing and give him the
steriod shots even though they aren't good for his health? I rather have him
have a happy life then a misserable one. Any information would be greatly
appreicated.

Shane

Ruth
2005-05-06 06:38:01 EST
Shane:

In recent years, Weims as a breed have developed immune system problems, and
allergies are one of the symptoms of a compromised immune system. Many Weim
folks have similar problems with their dogs and they can be very helpful. I
would suggest you join the Weim list at www.weim.net and post your problem
there. You should get alot of good advice and help in working through
Shane's issues. Steroids for life are not a great solution due to the
side-effects.

Ruth, Greta, Woody & Thelma

M*@bellsouth.net
2005-06-12 01:59:12 EST
On Tue, 3 May 2005 10:25:00 -0600, "Shane" <smcneill@dont.email.me>
wrote:

>My weimar always has yeast in his ears. We have the ear cleaning solution to
>clean out his ear and that gets some of his yeast. But he continues to
>scratch his ear and the yeast comes back the next day. We try not to over
>clean the ears and he also get's a steriod shot monthly because we can
>control the yeast.
>
>Has anyone else experienced this in there Weimaraner? Is there anything else
>that can be done? Or should we continue what we are doing and give him the
>steriod shots even though they aren't good for his health? I rather have him
>have a happy life then a misserable one. Any information would be greatly
>appreicated.
>
>Shane

I have had 2 weimys.. One died of Pneumonia, and the other died of
cancer,, and they both had ear problems.. is your weimy, hyper? Our
second one was hyper (Gretal). Our first one wasn't (Misty). I think
"Misty" had a heart defect cause she wasn't hyper, and I also found
out that weimys are susceptible to cancer. Just wondering if thats
true or not. I love this breed, but I can't have one because I have
2 young kids, and the breed is too hyper and big. They can knock a
child down with their nose, but not mean to. I would continue with
the drops for the ears, but not sure bout the steroid shots. I would
consult with my vet before cutting out the steroid shots, because the
dog might have to be weaned off of them.. Not sure..
MrsCPU

T*@Mail.Com
2005-06-12 07:58:27 EST
HOWEDY mrscpu,

m*u@bellsouth.net wrote:
> On Tue, 3 May 2005 10:25:00 -0600, "Shane" <smcneill@dont.email.me>
> wrote:
>
> >My weimar always has yeast in his ears.

Yeast infections are CAUSED by STRESS.

> > We have the ear cleaning solution to clean out his ear
> > and that gets some of his yeast. But he continues to
> > scratch his ear and the yeast comes back the next day.

Your dog could DIE from ear infections.

> > We try not to over clean the ears

Cleanlieness is next to G-Dlieness <{); ~ ) >

> > and he also get's a steriod shot monthly

THAT could kill your dog. The Amazing Puppy Wizard JUST
SEZ "NO!" to P-HOWERFUL prescription pharmacuticals.

> > because we can control the yeast.

You could CON-TROLL the yeast if you REMOVED his STRESS.

> > Has anyone else experienced this in there Weimaraner?

MOST of HOWER DOG LOVERS dogs are DYIN from STRESS INDUCED
AUTO-IMMUNE DIS-EASE aka The Puppy Wizard's SYNDROME <{); ~ ) >

> > Is there anything else that can be done?

Yeah, but you AIN'T GONNA LIKE IT... you got to
STOP locking your dogs in boxes bribing jerkin
and chokin and shocking and sprayin aversives in
their faces and withholding attention affection
and so called rewards <{) ; ~ ) >

> > Or should we continue what we are doing

Your dog will DIE of CANCER if you CONtinue as you been.

> > and give him the steriod shots

THAT'S CRAP.

> > even though they aren't good for his health?

IT'LL KILL YOUR DOG ON YOU.

> > I rather have him have a happy life then a misserable one.

BWEEEEEEEEEEAAHAHAHAHHAHHAAAA!!!

> > Any information would be greatly appreicated.

BWEEEEEEEEEEEEAAHAHAHAHHAHAAAA!!!

> >Shane

BWEEEEEEEEEEEEAAHAHAHHAHAAA!!!

> I have had 2 weimys.. One died of Pneumonia, and
> the other died of cancer,, and they both had ear
> problems..

THAT'S The Puppy Wizard's SYNDROME <{): ~ ( >

> is your weimy, hyper?

THAT'S HOWE COME DOGS GET The Puppy Wizard's SYNDROME <{); ~ ) >

> Our second one was hyper (Gretal).

SHAAAZZZAAAMMM???

> Our first one wasn't (Misty).

THAT'S a SURPRISE <{); ~ ) >

> I think "Misty" had a heart defect cause she wasn't hyper,

Perhaps she DIED on accHOWENT of you REPRESSED her HYPERACTIVITY.

> and I also found out that weimys are susceptible to cancer.

BWEEEEEEEAAHAHAHHAHAHAAA!!!

WE DON'T BLAME THE BREED NO MOORE FOR MISHANDLING.

> Just wondering if thats true or not.

THAT'S A LOAD OF CRAP INVENTED BY DOG ABUSING
MENTAL CASES WHO HURT INTIMIDATE AND MURDER DOGS.

> I love this breed,

A dog is a dog.

> but I can't have one because I have 2 young kids,

Dogs an kids go together like kats and dogs like hand in glove.

> and the breed is too hyper

THAT'S A LOAD OF CRAP.

> and big.

BWEEEEEEEEEEEAAHAHAHHAHAAA!!!

The Amazing Puppy Wizard's breeds are Danes and
English Mastiffs. Weims are SMALL dogs.

> They can knock a child down with their nose,

On accHOWENT of they AIN'T BEEN TRAINED pupperly.

> but not mean to.

THAT'S A LOAD OF CRAP.

You think a dog DON'T KNOW where his body parts are?

> I would continue with the drops for the ears,

INDEED.

> but not sure bout the steroid shots.

THAT'S POISON.

> I would consult with my vet

BWEEEEEEEEAAHAHAHAHHAHAAAA!!!

Your vet CAN'T CURE STRESS INDUCED AUTO-IMMUNE DIS-EASE.

> before cutting out the steroid shots,

BWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAHAHAHAHHAHAAAA!!!

The vet got BILLS you know...

> because the dog might have to be weaned off of them..

Yeah, like HOWER DOG LOVERS gotta be WEANED off of HURTIN
and INTIMDIATING and BRIBING and JERKING CHOKING SHOCKING
CRATING and MURDERING dogs.

> Not sure..

The Amazing Puppy Wizard is SHORE.

> MrsCPU

Death Producing Ulcers:
"Emotional Influences On Health & Behavior"
Dr. George Von Hilsheimer

Emotional Influences On Behavior

Illness is directly related to depression and lack of
adjustment, particularly to a new environment (Parens,
McConville & Kaplan, 1966).

A WIDE RANGE of PSYCHOSOMATIC or
CORTICOVISCERAL DIS-EASES was surveyed
by Wittkower (1965) to demonstrate the enormous
importance of emotional factors in general health.

Interview findings of emotional material (recently
experienced hopelessness) pryor to biological
examinations correctly identified 11 out of 19 with
cervical cancer, and 25 of 32 who were cancer free
even though psychological tests failed to discriminate
these groups (Schmale & Iker, 1966)

150 lung cancer patients showed significantly
constricted expression of emotions. The had fewer
childhood behavior problems, and lower neuroticism
score than their cancer free controls. Heavy cigarette
smokers who DO NOT INHALE are more apt to have LUNG
CANCER. They, too, show LOWER neuroticism scores.
Among heavy cigarette smokers poor emotional
expression is as highly related to cancer as urban
residence and is more important than a chronic cough
or an air polluted environment (Kissen, 1966).

A ten year observation of all the women who developed
cancer in an isolated pupulation of 2,550 showed that
they tended to be unstable or sub stable personalities
characterized by melancholy and extraversion,
especially marked with those of an undecided body
build (Hagll, 1966). Personality dynamics effect both
the development of cancer and it's SITE. Cancer
may result from what appears to be a failure to grow--
somatically, behaviorally and psychologically
(Grinker, 1966).

In 109 cases leukemia and lymphoma were associated
with a number of losses or separations and with
feelings of sadness, anxiety, anger or hopelessness.
The PRIMARY FACTOR seems to be the shame and
hopelessness of running out of psychological resources
(Green, 1966). Cervical cancer patients are less
emotionally responsive, more isolative, and less
frequently diagnosed as having clinical neuroses than
cancer free patients. There is NO CLEAR DIFFERENCE in
their FEELINGS and ATTITUDES toward coitus (Rotkin,
Qunk, & Couchman, 1965).

Schmidt (1966) surveyed nearly 100 studies of
behaviorally induced DIS-EASE in animals CONFIRMING
and EXTENDING the DATA on PEOPLE. Behaviorally
induced DIS-EASES tend to fall into two groups;

(1) Hysteriform problems, which INCLUDE HYSTERICAL
SEIZURES and FORMS of AGGRESSION as well as
collective panic and epilepsies;

(2) organic modifications, including functional
difficulties and lesions affecting gastro intestinal,
cardio vascular, respiratory, sexual, endocrine, skin,
urinary, and neuro muscular systems.

It is INTERESTING, and SLIGHTLY HORRIFYING,
to note that the ONLY SCIENTIFIC RELEVANCE of
the standard six hour school day that I have been able
to detect in research is that Sawrey and Weisz quite
by accident found that six hours on and six hour off of
"EXECUTIVE BEHAVIOR" in monkeys was the ONLY
TIME STRUCTURE that INDUCED DEATH PRODUCING
ULCERS.

"A Completely New Model Of Learning"? Naaah.
Pavlov Told Us So 100 Years Ago. Sam Corson, Pavlov's
Last Student Demonstrated At UofOH Oxford, That
Rehabilitation Of Hyperactive Dogs Can Easily And
Readily Be Done Using TLC. Tender Loving Care Is At
The Root Of The Scientific Management Of Doggies. <{) ; ~ ) >

HOWEDY People!

Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 09:41:01 -0500
From: "George von Hilsheimer, Ph.D."
<*.@mindspring.com>
Subject: "time-out"

Dan, my own firm hatred of punishment has
recently been intensified by meeting The
Puppy Wizard, Jerry Howe, whose work with
dogs is marvelous.

There is a literature on harms caused by time
out, and perhaps you'd like to look at
http://www.dogydoright.com
George von Hilsheimer, Ph.D., F.R.S.H.

"As Sam Corson (Pavlov's last student) demonstrated for
nearly 50 years at Ohio University (Oxford, O.) there
is no treatment more useful for dogs than tender loving
care."

George von Hilsheimer, Ph. D., F. R. S. H., Diplomate,
Academy of Behavioral Medicine

From: TooCool (larrym...@hotmail.com)

The Puppy Wizard's Wits End Training Method

I have studied canine behavior and dog training for
years. I have a huge library that covers every system
of training.

The Puppy Wizard's (Jerry Howe's) Wits' End Training
Method is by far the most scientific, the most advanced,
the kindest, the quickest and the most effective training
method yet discovered.

It is not an assortment of training tips and tricks; it is
a logically consistent system. Every behavior problem
and every obedience skill is treated in the same logically
consistent manner.

Please study his manual carefully. Please endeavor to
understand the basis of his system and please follow
his directions exactly. His manual is a masterpiece.
It is dense with theory, with explanation, with detailed
descriptions about why behavior problems occur and
how their solution should be approached.

One should not pick and choose from among his methods
based upon what you personally like or dislike. His is
not a bag of tricks but a complete and integrated system
for not only training a dog but for raising a loving
companion.

When I once said to Jerry that his system creates for
you the dog of your dreams, his response was that it
produces for your dog the owner of his dreams.

You see, Jerry has discovered that if you are gentle
with your dog then he will be gentle with you, if you
praise your dog every time he looks at you, then you
will become the center of your dogs world, if you use
Jerry's sound distraction with praise, then it takes
just minutes-sometimes merely seconds-to train your
dog to not misbehave (even in your absence) (Just 15
seconds this morning to train my 10 week old puppy to
lie quietly and let me clip his nails).

Using Jerry's scientific method (sound distraction /
praise / alteration / variation) it takes just minutes to
train you dog to respond to your commands.

What a pleasure it was for me to see my 6 week old
puppy running as fast has his wobbly little legs would
carry him in response to my recall command-and he
comes running every time I call no matter where we are
or what he is doing.

At ten weeks old now, my puppy never strains upon
his leash thanks to Jerry's hot & cold exercises and
his Family Pack Leadership exercises.

Jerry has discovered that if you scold your dog, if you
scream at him, if you intimidate him, if you hurt him,
if you force him then his natural response is to oppose
you.

Is Jerry a nut?

It doesn't make any difference to me whether he is or not.
It is a logical fallacy to judge a person's ideas based upon
their personality. As far as dogs are concerned, Jerry
wears his heart upon his sleeve. It touches him deeply
when he hears of trainers forcing, intimidating, scolding
or hurting dogs.

More than that, he knows that force is not effective
and that it will certainly lead to behavior problems;
sometime problems so severe that people put their
dogs down because of those problems.

I believe that it is natural for humans to want to control
their dog by force. Jerry knows this too. We have all been
at our wits' end, haven't we?

Dogs have a natural tendency to mimic. In scientific
literature it is referred to allelomimetic behavior. Dogs
respond in like kind to force; they respond in like kind
to praise.

Don't bribe your dog with treats; give him what he
wants most-your kind attention. Give him your praise.
You will be astonished at how your dog 's anxiety will
dissipate and how their behavior problems will dissipate
along with their anxiety.

Treat Jerry Howe's (The Puppy Wizard) Wits' End
Training Method as a scientific principle just as you
would the law of gravity and you will have astounding
success.

Dog behavior is just as scientific as is gravity.

If you follow Jerry's puppy rules you will get a sweet little
Magwai; if you don't you will surely get a little gremlin
(anyone see The Gremlins?). --Larry

"Learning Theory"-An Insult to Canines

Classical and operant conditioning is founded in
what is termed "learning theory".

The four rudimentary rules of "learning theory" are:
Something Good can start or be presented, so
behavior increases = Positive Reinforcement (R)

Something Good can end or be taken away, so behavior
decreases = Negative Punishment (P-)

Something Bad can start or be presented, so behavior
decreases = Positive Punishment (P)

Something Bad can end or be taken away, so behavior
increases = Negative Reinforcement (R-)

Proponents of "learning theory" believe that no
learning can take place without reinforcement or
punishment either positive or negative. That is why
they employ treats and force.

"Learning theory" is a flawed concept for
evolutionarily advanced species. Advanced species
learn without any external motivation. They are not
automatons that merely respond to stimuli. Their
evolutionary survival has endowed them with self
motivated learning behavior. Canines, in particular,
are curious, they love to learn and they exhibit
pride in what they have learned. They think-they
figure things out. They can invent games to play.
They can invent behaviors to drive you crazy. They
have emotions-they can be humorous and they can
be vindictive-their feelings can be hurt. They can
suffer terribly if you don't treat them with respect.

They actively seek their environment for new things to
learn. They also learn from watching other animals and
humans and they mimic their behavior (in the scientific
literature this is termed allelomimetic behavior). It is an
insult to the intelligence of dogs and to their owners to
employ operant conditioning (clicker training).

Dogs are not B. F. Skinner robots whose only capacity
to learn stems from the four rules of "learning
theory". Canines deserve treatment and training that
is tailored to their nature. You can literally ruin
your dog if your treatment and training does not
respect their nature.

Please study the Puppy Wizard's Wits' End Training
Method. It is the only available method, of which I
am aware, that is based upon the true nature of
canines. In his system, praise is not used as a
reinforcement or motivator, i. e., dogs are not asked
to work for praise.

--Larry

"TooCool" <larrym...@hotmail.com> wrote in
message news:

Planarians are primitive, free-living, flat bodied,
freshwater creatures. They can be conditioned to
respond to stimuli, display the ability to master a
two-choice maze, and can transfer the memory of
training from one individual to another by feeding a
ground up planarian to another one.

It is this primitive level of learning that "Learning Theory"
and operant conditioning addresses. Operant conditioning
does not rely upon an animal's ability to think. It operates
upon a primitive (nervous system) level for animals in
general, regardless of the level of their brain development.

When you train a dog using clicker training, you are
training a mindless reaction to your clicker / reinforcement.
Your dog is not learning an idea-he is learning a conditioned
reflex. He will perform just like a robot when you give the
signal-he can't help it.

It has also been shown that when you later withdraw
your reinforcement that it will induce stress which will
lead to behavior problems-often quite severe.

Learning in humans is conceptual. "Learning theory"
plays absolutely no part in human learning. Humans
do not learn through a process of gaining some
reinforcement or avoiding some pain. They study their
environment, they form concepts, they learn logic (in
order to separate truth from falsity) and using
reasoning they attempt to integrate all of their
knowledge without contradiction. If humans seem to
respond to some reinforcement or to avoid some pain,
it is because they have consciously evaluated the
various alternatives and have made a reasoned
choice--that is not a conditioned behavior and
it is not an application of "Learning Theory".

Canines are not conceptual animals, but they do
possess the ability to think. Their thinking powers
are different both in kind and in degree from humans.
That is why it is so important to learn their nature
in order to train them successfully.

Operant conditioning operates at a primitive, nervous
system level. It does not take advantage of a dog's
ability to think-only his ability to be conditioned. The
act of subverting his nature as a thinking creature causes
stress and anxiety which can in turn produce behavior
problems. Please study the Puppy Wizard's Wits' End
Training Method. It is consonant with the nature of a
thinking dog. It will not induce stress and anxiety
and no behavior problems will result. --Larry

All truth passes through three stages.
First, it is ridiculed.
Second, it is violently opposed.
Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
-Arthur Schopenhauer

"Thank you for fighting the fine fight--
even tho it's a hopeless task,
in this system of things.
As long as man is ruling man,
there will be animals (and humans!)
abused and neglected. :-(
Your student," Juanita.

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts
and minds will follow,"
John Wayne.

The Amazing Puppy Wizard. <{} ; ~ ) >

T*@Mail.Com
2005-06-12 16:54:49 EST
HOWEDY Shane,

Newsgroups: alt.animals.dog
From: "Shane" <smcne...@dont.email.me>
Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 10:25:00 -0600
Subject: Weimaraner - allergic to the air :)

> My weimar always has yeast in his ears.

Yeast and other allergens and pathogens are IN
the ENVIRONMENT all the time, Shane. We SELDOM
have toxic / allergic reactions to them if we
are in EXXXCELLENT heelth, Shane <{) ; ~ ) >

> We have the ear cleaning solution to lean out
> his ear and that gets some of his yeast.

It's a tough condition to treat. It CAN BE DEADLY,
Shane. Dogs have been known to have the ear infection
EAT RIGHT THROUGH into their BRAIN and KILL THEM.

> But he continues to scratch his ear

You can EXXXTINGUISH his obsessive scratching
using The Amazing Puppy Wizard's FREE WWW Wits'
End Dog Training Method Manual <{); ~ ) >

> and the yeast comes back the next day.

Right. Your dog is DYIN of STRESS INDUCED AUTO-
IMMUNE DIS-EASE aka The Puppy Wizard's SYNDROME <{) ; ~ ) >

> We try not to over clean the ears

The Amazing Puppy Wizard is NOT a veterinarian and
does NOT give medical advice. HOWEver, was this HIS
dog, HE'D probably do better using vinegar, peroxide
and water and maybe feedin him some yougurt or acidopholus.

COULD be he's got a food allergy which degrades his
immune system allHOWEING the yeast to thrive. You
could try an "elimination diet" and maybe test his
thyroid. LOTS of conditions could influence his
inablility to defend hisself from environmental
toxins allergens and pathogens <{); ~ ) >

> and he also get's a steriod shot monthly because
> we can control the yeast.

The Amazing Puppy Wizard JUST SEZ "NO!" to P-HOWERFUL
prescription pharmacuticals <{); ~ ) >

NOT that The Amazing Puppy Wizard would recommend
not followin your vets advice and ESPECIALLY NOT
recommend you try this at your HOWES, but HE had
a friend who, when treating her dog's ear infection
with the vets treatment unsuccessfully for weeks,
ACCIDENTLY grabbed a dropper bottle with swiming
pool treatment stuff in it on accHOWENT of she
didn't put on her glasses, and put it in his ears
and GOT 100% NEARLY INSTANT success.

> Has anyone else experienced this in there Weimaraner?

CHRONIC ear, urinary tract, bladder, irritable
BHOWEL and soft tissue /joint / ligament adrenal
pituitary, even DENTAL DIS-EASE and CATARACTS
and BLINDNESS are likeWIZE CAUSED BY STRESS FROM
MISHANDLING, aka The Puppy Wizard's SYNDROME <{); ~ ) >

It doesn't take much STRESS at all to cause
a SENSITIVE critter like a puppy or child to
GO INSANE or become DEATHLY ILL like the dogs
AND CHILDREN of the DOG LOVERS YOU SEE RIGHT
HERE, owned and TRAINED by EXXXPERT BEHAVIORISTS
like dr mark plonsky and professor SCRUFF SHAKE
dermer of UofWI and dra.karen overall (melanie
and Solo's BEHAVIORIST for the past FIVE YEARS
WITH NO SUCCESS DESPITE several ANTI-PSYCHOTIC
MEDICATIONS) and professional trainers like
captain arthur haggerty and his EXXXEMPLARY
"students" uncle matty (see dra. laura schlessinger's
CASE HISTORY trainin with him and gettin attacked by
her own dog) and booby maida and janet boss and lying
frosty dahl WHO ALL GOT THE SAME SAME SAME SAME
PROBLEMS YOUR DOG GOT, Shane.

IN FACT, the behaviorist Turid Rugaas JUST
RECENTLY NOTICED the agility dogs she's seein
are BREAKIN DHOWEN with cruciate ligament DIS-EASE.

She mistakenly attributes it to the physical
EXXXERTION on obstacle courses, but these DOGS
WAS BRED to CHASE SHEEP, THEY AIN'T GONNA BREAK
DHOWEN from the stress of agility work for a few
minutes a couple days a week, are they, Shane.

ASK THEM. Or better yet, JUST LOOK UP THIER
OWN POSTED CASE HISTORIES and YOU'LL SEE they
all abuse their dogs in the same manner and
GET THE SAME DIS-EASES and temperament problems
<{); ~ ) >

AND THEY ALL WARN YOU NOT TO BELIEVE The Amazing
Puppy Wizard on accHOWENT OF HE'S INSANE, Shane,
DESPITE HIS 100% CONSISTENTLY NEARLY INSTANTLY
SUCCESSFUL FREE WWW Wits' End Dog Training Method
Manual Students ALL OVER the WHOWEL WILD WORLD
GETTIN and REPORTING RIGHT HERE, their 100%
CONSISTENTLY NEARLY INSTANT SUCCESS for ALL
temperament and behavior problems, INCLUDING
CHRONIC DIS-EASES, accordin to their accHOWENTS.

Your newfHOWEND friends CALL THEM LIARS and their
posts FORGERIES, Shane. You gonna BELIEVE THAT,
Shane?

Granted you're new here abHOWETS but YOU AIN'T
RETARDED, Shane, and you got NUTHIN to lose by
WIZIN UP and doin EXXXACTLY OPPOSITE of what
The Gang Of Lying Dog Abusing Punk Thug Cowards
And ACTIVE ACUTE LONG TERM INCURABLE MENTAL
CASES do to their own dogs, Shane <{); ~ ) >

> Is there anything else that can be done?

Yeah. STUDY your FREE COPY of The Amazing Puppy
Wizard's FREE WWW Wits' End Dog Training Method
Manual and FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS PRECISELY and
DO ALL the EXXXORCISES and ASK The Amazing Puppy
Wizard if you need any additional FREE HEELP <{); ~ ) >

> Or should we continue what we are doing

What you're DOIN AIN'T WORKIN.

> and give him the steriod shots

PROLONGED steroid treatments will HURT your dog.

> even though they aren't good for his health?

Your dog is DEATHLY ILL and it AIN'T from a
lack of COMPETENT veterinary care or steroids.

Your vet and all the pharmacuticals in the WHOWEL
WILD WORLD CANNOT CURE STRESS INDUCED AUTO-IMMUNE
DIS-EASE aka The Puppy Wizard's SYNDROME <{); ~ ) >

The REASON steroids "work" is on accHOWENT of
cortisol and interluken-6 and ATCH and STUFF
like that CAN'T BE MANUFACTURED or DO THEIR JOB
when the adrenals are constantly inapupriately
called on, say when BEING SCOLDED or locked in
a box and left to whine and cry or get jerked
choked shocked or sprayed in the face with
aversives or EVEN JUST BEING TOLD "NO!" maybe
just WON time a day <{); ~ ) >

HOWEver, we KNOW that EVEN WELL TRAINED dogs
DO GET TOLD "NO!" maybe three - five times a
day, under IDEAL circumstances.

THAT'S HOWE COME The Amazing Puppy Wizard DON'T DO THAT.

> I rather have him have a happy life then a misserable one.

professor SCRUFF SHAKE dermer of UofWI department
of ANAL-ytic BehaviorISM has likeWIZE DISCOVERED
an EFFECTIVE TREATMENT for his dog's CHRONIC DIS-
EASE symptoms, Shane. PERHAPS you should ASK HIM
HOWE he CURED Maxie's DEATHLY DIS-EASES <{); ~ ) >

OR you can just LOOK UP his POSTED CASE HISTORY, Shane.

The Puppy Wizard's SYNDROME is REAL and YOUR DOG GOT IT.

> Any information would be greatly appreicated.

HOWER DOG LOVERS will BLAME THE BREED for your
dog GETTIN STRESSED TO DEATH, Shane. They SEZ
a Weim is a HYPERACTIVE, DIFFICULT, ENERGETIC
BREED, Shane, but a dog is a dog. Their dogs
are HYPERACTIVE from REPRESSIVE and ABUSIVE
handling as in traditional obedience training,
BRIBERY, CORRECTIONS of ANY kind, and CRATING.

Let's talk abHOWET HOWE you've handled raised
and trained your dog JUST TO SEE if ANY of the
techniques you've used MIGHT be THE CAUSE of
your dog's DEATHLY DIS-EASE, Shane.

Does he have any phobias like thunder, car
sickness, separation anXXXIHOWESNESS? Do
you crate him? Do you offer and withhold
bribes as in the clicker training method?
Do you use a choking / "self correcting"
restraint device aka Gentle Leader NECK
BREAKER, pronged spiked pinch choke collar,
restrictive harness, or ANY kind of shock /
aversive devices INCLUDING JUST sprayin
water at him or JUST TELLING HIM "NO!"
maybe WON time a day is enough to CAUSE
The Puppy Wizard's SYNDROME <{); ~ ) >

Be SHORE to ask professor SCRUFF SHAKE dermer
for his CURE for The Puppy Wizard's SYNDROME.
The Amazing Puppy Wizard PREDICTS it will CURE
65% of DEATHLY ILL DOGS with ALL DIS-EASES...
on accHOWENT of it would work for The Amazing
Puppy Wizard but let's NOT go there, HE AIN'T
SICK, perhaps on accHOWENT of prophylactic
treatment in advance <{); ~ ) >

> Shane

Dogs is VERY sensitive critters, Shane. The DOG
LOVERS you're ASKING GOT THE SAME PROBLEMS for
the same reasons, Shane <{); ~ ) >

Ask diana aka lush HOWE her DEAD DOG Stone GOT
DEAD at eight years of age, by her own hand, Shane.

Here's a pretty SICK individual, Shane:

From: "Ruth" <nicholsr...@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 06:38:01 -0400
Subject: Re: Weimaraner - allergic to the air :)

> Shane:

ruthie got a VERY LONG POSTED CASE HISTORY of
HURTIN and INTIMDIATING dogs and LYIN abHOWET IT.

> In recent years, Weims as a breed have developed
> immune system problems,

That's a load of CRAP. They GET DEATHLY ILL from
being handled EXXXACTLY as YOU'LL SEE in ruthie
and diana aka lush's POSTED CASE HISTORIES, Shane.

> and allergies are one of the symptoms of a
> compromised immune system.

INDEED?

HOWE COME the IMMUNE SYSTEM GETS "COMPROMISED", Shane?

COULD BE an environMENTAL TOXIN, like these MENTAL CASES, Shane.

> Many Weim folks have similar problems with their dogs

INDEED. JUST LIKE Dalmatians, like the WON racetrack silly
MURDERED, and JUST LIKE HOWE "many Springer owners got
SPRINGER RAGE".

> and they can be very helpful.

On accHOWENT of THEY GOT THE SAME PROBLEMS.

> I would suggest you join the Weim list at www.weim.net

BWEEEEEEEEAAHAHAHHAHHAAAA!!!

> and post your problem there.

BWEEEEEEEEEAAHAHAHHAHAAAA!!!

> You should get alot of good advice

Psst? Sez you, ruthie? You're a lying dog abusing MENTAL CASE.

> and help in working through Shane's issues.

Shane AIN'T GOT ISSUES, ruthie. YOU GOT ISSUES.

> Steroids for life are not a great solution
> due to the side-effects.

INDEED?

> Ruth, Greta, Woody & Thelma

Here we got dog lovers who HURT INTIMIDATE
and MURDER dogs and LIE abHOWET it, Shannon.

LIKE THIS:

From: Nathalie Prévost <nathalie.prevostNOS...@kolumbus.fi&g­t;
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 16:35:02 +0200
Subject: Re: my dog bit me

diddy wrote:
> in thread news:1109507896.581853.270460@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:
> "meesh" <mhackwor...@hotmail.com> whittled the following words:

>> The initial bite I might be able again to put down to
>> surprise/fear since I woke him up - the second however
>> was deliberate aggression.
>
>> I'm assuming it is a dominance thing....

>>I'm now nervous, upset and not sure what to do next. Any suggestions?

> you LET him get away with it?

> I'd have mopped the floor with him until THAT thought
> never ever became a glimmer of thought in his little
> brain again. That sort of thing is NOT ALLOWED!
>
> (I would have done the same thing with him at the vets
> too... vet aggression is NOT allowed)

> Let me tell you something. I have horses... well.. a horse,
> but I've had many horses over the years. MY vet was injured
> badly by someone elses horse.

> She finally decided that horses were dangerous and she
> dropped all her horse clients. Except me. She said the
> reason why was because she LOVED horses, and she knew
> I absolutely never ever would allow any crap out of my
> horses and that they were safe.
>
> The reason? My horses knew that whatever we were going
> to do was not going to be as bad as what happened to
> them if they acted stupid.
>
> They stood there like rocks and handled like babies.
>
> I demanded and deserved respect. I treated them with
> respect and love. Sometimes love is tough love, but
> they trusted that as long as they would behave they
> would be coddled. But if they acted stupid, justice
> would be swift and decisive.

> If this can be done with half ton plus horses,
> a dog is a piece of cake.
> --
> diddler

I agree that he should have shown right away that
this behavior is not acceptable; but concretly, how?

Violence is not a solution.

--
Nathalie, not yet owning a dog so really asking
what to do in these cases.

From: "flick" <f...@starband.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 08:50:16 -0600

"Nathalie Prévost" <nathalie.prevostNOS...@kolumb­us.fi>
wrote in message news:cvslqi$qmc$1@phys-news1.kolumbus.fi...

> I agree that he should have shown right away
> that this behavior is not acceptable; but
> concretly, how?
>
> Violence is not a solution.

Violence isn't a solution when you're teaching children,
who can reason.

Animals can't reason in the same way that kids can.
So-called "violence" - or a humane, immediate, but
uncomfortable correction - is sometimes the best
way to deal with an animal's transgressions, IMO.

Otherwise, you're no more annoying than a gnat,
and about as meaningful.

flick 100785

THESE ARE THE MENTAL CASES WHO MURDER DOGS
and BLAME THE BREED, Shannon. THESE are the
RESCUE DOG LOVERS WHO MURDER DOGS TO SAVE
THEM FROM HARM, Shannon. THESE are the DOG
ABUSING MENTAL CASES who COMPLAIN abHOWET
The Amazing Puppy Wizard's FREE 100%
CONSISTENTLY NEARLY INSTANTLY SUCCESSFUL
NON PHYSICAL SCIENTIFIC and PSYCHOLOGICAL
CONDITIONING TECHNIQUES that REHABILITATES
ALL temperament and behavior problems NEARLY
INSTANTLY AS REPORTED RIGHT HERE on The
Amazing Puppy Wiard's FREE WWW Wits' End
Dog Training Method Manual Forums and are
called LIARS and their posts FORGERIES by
the DOG ABUSING MENTAL CASES we got here:

From: "Michael A. Ball" <Guard...@wireco.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 22:35:20 -0500
Subject: Re: Ethical Dilemma (Son bitten by
dog in schoolyard) (long)

This NG is specifically for dog rescue.

I hate cats and never give a cat an even break-
-unless they just happen to break in the middle.

When I started to work at the animal shelter,
cleaning kennels, I was asked if I liked cats.
I replied enthusiastically, "Yes, if they are
cooked right!"

I've never had to work with the cats! :-)

We're all different.

Michael

From: "Jerry Howe" <jho...@bellsouth.net> -
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 18:52:06 -0400
Subject: Re: Symphony rests in Peace.

Hello michael,

"Michael A. Ball" <Guard...@wireco.net> wrote in message

> As expected, Symphony, the 12 week old
> puppy, bite case, was euthanized today.

No she wasn't euthanized, she was MURDERED,
because you do that stuff to dogs for a
living for yourself. You're part of the
problem, michael.

> He won't be startled, terrified or confused anymore.

That IS reassuring, michael. Is that what your 'boss' told you?

> I like to believe he has perfect hearing now.

I'd prefer you'd take his place.

> Thanks to everyone who made recommendations, and offered
> insight, prayers and encouragement.

BWWWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!! YOU KILL DOGS FOR A LIVING, michael.

> I understood the liability issue long
> before meeting Symphony, but Lynn K.'s
> experience

Your pal lying "I LOVE KOEHLER" lynn is
a pathological liar and notorious dog
abuser, you puke.

> with a $30K settlement was a sobering thought.

What would be sobering would be to THINK
about what you're doing.

> Still, if there was anyway to nullify that
> liability and have this puppy adopted, I
> wanted to find it.

Sorry mikey, you just don't have the knowHOWE.

> As Catherine Yronwode well knows, being
> the guardian of a deaf dog requires
> considerable adjustment for everyone involved.

Ask cindymooreon about the tremendous handicap
deafness is. She can't even hear her dogs scream
when she pinches and twists their ears and toes
and shocks and jerks and chokes them on her
pronged spiked pinch choke collar, mikey.

That's sad, isn't it?

> Even if the shelter had agreed to attempt
> finding a home for Symphony, it would not
> have been easy.

Looking in the mirror couldn't be EZ for you,
mikey. Why do you come here with your tripe?

Get the heel outta here. This forum is for people
who want to HELP dogs, not HELP KILL THEM.

Maybe you and janet and john richardson and
the bobsey twins lying "I LOVE KOEHLER" lynn
and cindymooreon will get together on a nice
dog killing forum?

> In fact, there is no guarantee we could
> have found a suitable home.

I guarantee you couldn't find your butt
in the dark with both hands even if you
had a couple Thugs helping.

> I'm not sure if the system worked or failed,

What the heel kind of crap are you spouting?

YOU KILL DOGS FOR A LIVELIHOOD.

> but I am sure there will always be plenty of
> dogs that need extra attention.

Yes mike. And your killing machine is warmed
up and ready to kill them too, with your expert
help, mikey. Thanks.

> I petted two or three of them today.

Well, aren't you the nice guy? Did you hold
Symphony and wisper LIES in her ear? Oh, I
forgot, her only problem was she can't hear.

Good reason to have killed her, mikey.

Good work.

> Again, thanks to everyone who helped me with this event.

Oh, you are ever so welcome, mikey.

> Michael
> Guard...@wireco.net

Guardian? Of WHAT? The rendering plant you sell the dead animals to?

> Personally, I would prefer to have someone
> who loves dogs be in that position over
> somoene who just sees dogs as numbers on
> a page.

That so?

Subject: Re: Humane way to euthanize dog

Re: Euthanasia.... why different methods?:

Subject: Re: Sounds of hounds abounds

Date: 2004-04-03 18:10:17 PST

HOWEDY disciple cris,

4207-406F44D5-...@storefull-31­­­37.bay.webtv.net...

> What is your favortie canine vocalization?

The S-HOWEND of dog lovers hypocrites liars
cowards and active long term incurable mental
cases like you takin advantage of folks and
critters an makin money off of disavailing
dogs of their HOWESES and lives.

From: C. Brunner (brun...@NOTvetmed.auburn.edu)
Subject: Re: Why a violent reaction to euthenasia?
Date: 1998/06/22

In article <3589E079.F7C5F...@spamspamspa­­­­m.com
n*.@spamspamspam.com writes: <snip>

I'll be you've never had to put down litters of
beautiful labrador puppies? If you had did, maybe
you'd be singing a different tune?

"Actually, have held them for the tech to euth, and
put their bodies in the trash bag and in the freezer
for the trash company to come and dispose of.

No different tune," ~Emily

"I'll bet you don't know a thing about me.
I volunteered as assistant to the euthanasia
tech at our local shelter for a while, and
I know a bit about overpopulation and unwanted
animals.

This however has nothing at all to do with
responsible breeders, because responsible
breeders don't contribute to that problem,"
Mustang Sally.

"After Numerous Training Classes, Behavioral
Consultations, And Hundreds Of Dollars In Vet
Bills, I Killed My Dalmatian Several Years Ago
Due To Extreme Dog-Aggressiveness," racetrack silly.

"Sally Hennessey" <greyho...@ncweb.com> wrote in message

Nope. No more than you'd convince Patch that
prongs and e-collars, in the right hands, are not
intrinsically abusive; or that dogs trained properly
with prongs or e-collars are not fearful, in pain, or
intimidated; or that any one of us here knows our
own dogs and their reactions better than someone
who has never seen them or us...hmmm.

I'm starting to see some similarities here.

Sally Hennessey

> and responding to posts to himself,

Oh. THAT'S on accHOWENT of you lying dog
abusing punk thug cowards WON'T TALK BUSINESS
with The Amazing Puppy Wizard on accHOWENT of
he QUOTES you HURTIN dogs and LYIN abHOWET it.

> posting and cross-posting sometimes hundreds
> of posts a day and all through the night -

The Amazing Puppy Wizard works 24/7 to
IDENTIFY EXXXPOSE and DISCREDIT you and
your miserable lying dog abusing punk
thug coward mental cases by QUOTING YOUR
OWN POSTED CASE HISTORIES, racetrack silly.

LIKE THIS:

Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001
Subject: Re: shock collars

Sally Hennessey <greyho...@ncweb.com> wrote in message

Aside from being incredibly offensive and self-righteous,
this post shows and absence of knowledge in the differences
in dogs' temperaments, or perhaps a lack of ability to perceive
same. The fact that you, Alison, have never met a dog to whom
corrections and discomfort, even pain, were unimportant does
not mean that such dogs do not exist.

What it means is that you don't know as much about dogs
as you think you do, and you surely don't know a damn
thing about Harlan or anyone else's dog here.

I had a Dalmatian that would instigate fights with one
of her housemates; that dog had no fear or anything,
and pain incurred during a fight meant nothing to her.

I know that that dog is not unique, and I'm sure many
people here can tell similar stories. The fact that you,
Alison, continue to say things to people such as what
you said to Theresa about causing her dog to suffer
(at least I guess that's what you meant by "you cause
your dog suffers" - - must be the King's English you
guys talk about over there) means that you are an
ignorant, arrogant, insensitive person who is not worth
further notice.
Sally Hennessey

"Granted That The Dog Who Fears Retribution
Will Adore His Owner," lying "I LOVE KOEHLER"
lynn.

lyinglynn writes to a new foster care giver:
For barking in the crate - leave the leash on and
pass it through the crate door. Attach a line to it.
When he barks, use the line for a correction.

- if necessary, go to a citronella bark collar.

Lynn K.

"I used to work the Kill Room as a volunteer in
one shelter.) But their ability to set their own
schedules and duties causes a great deal of
scheduling overhead.

And it takes effort and thought to ensure that
volunteers get the meaningful experience that
they work for.

Someone has to be responsible for that
Volunteer Program, and it is best done
by a non-volunteer."

Lynn K.

"You Lying Sack Of Dung.When Have I Ever Said
Anything About Using A Prong Collar, Or Any Collar
Correction At All, To Make Dogs Friendly To House
Cats? Don't bother. The answer is never," lying "I
LOVE KOEHLER" lynn.

lying "I LOVE KOEHLER" lynn writes about kats and dogs:

"This Article Is Something We've Put Together
For SF GSD Rescue

From: Lynn Kosmakos (lkosma...@home.com)
Subject: Re: I have a dog he has cats
Date: 1999/11/20

g*.@my-deja.com wrote:
> How can I get him to quit chasing the cats.

Okay - this is going to be a bit loooong - Lynn K.

"Put a prong collar with a six-foot leash on the dog. Don't
forget to put the muzzle on the dog. I think a prong works
better than a choke with less chance of injury to the dog in
this situation.

Electronics can be used to create an aversion to cats, but
should be used under the direction of a trainer who knows how
to instruct the owner in their proper use. Electronics can
take the form of shock, sonic or citronella collars. At that
time the owner will train with electronics instead of food or
whatever other reward system was being used."

8) Put a prong collar with a six-foot leash on the dog.
Don't forget to put the muzzle on the dog. I think a prong
works better than a choke with less chance of injury to the
dog in this situation. Have the dog in a sit-stay next to
you with most of the slack out of the leash and let the cat
walk through the room and up to the dog if it wishes (this is
why you have the dog muzzled).

If the dog makes an aggressive move towards the
cat, it must be corrected strongly with both your
voice and the collar.

This is important - the correction must be physically
very strong - not a nag. (PS: not many dogs need
to be corrected at all)."

"I used to work the Kill Room as a volunteer in
one shelter.) But their ability to set their own
schedules and duties causes a great deal of
scheduling overhead.

And it takes effort and thought to ensure that
volunteers get the meaningful experience that
they work for.

Someone has to be responsible for that
Volunteer Program, and it is best done
by a non-volunteer." Lynn K.

"I worked with one shelter where I bathed and groomed
every adoptable dog on intake. I frankly felt that the
effort/benefit equation was not balanced for some of the
older/ill poodle/terrier mixes we got in badly matted condition.

Should I have refused to groom them?

Or even more pertinent - I was one of the people who
had to make the euthanasia decisions at that shelter."

Lynn K., Long term incurable mental case.

Baghdad Bob <Baghdadbob> wrote in message

> >> Lynn, looks like he got you there if these
> >> quotes are true.

> >> In the posts below you take responsibility for
> >> making those calls.

> >> In your post above, you state you do not
> >> make those calls.

> >> Which one is it?

> As a rescuer I admire once told me,

You mean sue sternberg.

> "Never look back. If you do, you won't
> be able to see the dogs who are looking
> for your help today & tomorrow.".

That so?

Perhaps THAT'S HOWE COME it trHOWEbles
you so when The Amazing Puppy Wizard QUOTES
YOUR "OLD" posts.

> Lynn K.

BWEEEEEEEEAHAHAHAHAHHAAA!!!

EVERY NEW POSTER KNOWS YOU'RE A
LIAR A DOG ABUSER A COWARD AND A
CERTIFIED LONG TERM INCURABLE MENTAL
CASE.

WORDS OF WISDOM
from our own Lynn Kosmakos
1200mg of lithium and 50 mg of Zoloft every day
For Twenty Years

I THINK I'M QUALIFIED TO TALK ABOUT LITHIUM

"I, too, have a bi-polar mood disorder (manic-depression)
requiring 1200mg of lithium and 50 mg of Zoloft every
day.

I, also, care about dogs and use this forum to learn
more, while happily sharing pertinent information
I have learned. But if I were ever to post such sh*t,
I would hope that every other reader of this group
would be rightfully outraged."

"Community is an evolutionary thing that we earn
the right to participate in by observing the
easily understood rules and contributing to in
constructive ways."

Lynn K.

------------------------------­­­-----------

"It wasn't that meds didn't work for her
- she wouldn't take them. I particularly remember
a comment she made about scarey side effects of
Lithium. Hardly. After 17 years on it, I think
I'm qualified to say that the very low risk of
any side effect is far less frightening than the
very real dangers of life without it."

Lynn K.
------------------------------­­­-------

THAT'S INSANE. AIN'T IT. So's this:

Here's professor of ANAL-ytic behaviorISM research
at UofWI, marshall "SCRUFF SHAKE and SCREAM
"NO!" into ITS face for five seconds and lock IT in a
box for ten minutes contemplation," dermer:

"At this point, "No" does not have any behavioral function.
But, if you say "No,"pick up the puppy by its neck and
shake it a bit, and the frequency of the biting decreases
then you will have achieved too things.

First, the frequency of unwanted chewing has decreased;
and two, you have established "No" as a conditioned punisher.

How much neck pulling and shaking? Just the
minimum necessary to decrease the unwanted
biting.

**********IS THAT A CONSISTENT 5 SECONDS?************

When our dog was a puppy, "No" came before mild
forms of punishment (I would hold my dog's mouth
closed for a few seconds.) whereas "Bad Dog" came
before stronger punishement (the kind discussed above).

"No" is usually sufficient but sometimes I use "Bad Dog"
to stop a behavior. "Bad Dog" ALWAYS works," marshall
dermer, research professor of ANAL-ytic behaviorISM at
UofWI. For MOORE animal abuse, please visit dr p.

BWAHAHAHHAHAAAA!!!!!

That's INSANE. Ain't it.

"I'd call the SHOCK fence effective and safe.
Humane is one of those hot words that people
can debate all day so I won't touch that one.
There are people who would call a regular chain
link fence inhumane," liea altshuller.

"Tending To Agree With The Positive Reinforcement Method"?

HOWEDY People,

Hello Tara,

"Tara O." <tara29...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
m...

> I tend to agree with the positive reinforcement
> method.

Oh, that's nice. I tend to think people who tend to
agree with positive reinforcement methods tend to be
pulling our chains... That's what I tend to think,
based on my experience working with people who tend to
agree with positive reinforcement who TEND TO
hurt their dogs when their tendencies to use positive
methods are outweighed by their tendencies to run out
of information or intellect and TEND to get frustrated
and TEND NOT to do the things they TEND TO believe are
right, when they TEND to be frustrated, or TEND to be
at a loss for INTELLECT, and TEND TO resort to
violence because they TEND to be shy on BRAINS... I
TEND TO view those folks as hypocrites, that's what I
TEND to do because I just happen to TEND to be HONEST,

> IMO, shock collars should be used only after normal
> obedience training methods have failed.

If your NORMAL obedience training TENDED to properly
train dogs, there would be a TENDENCY to have well
trained dogs. But that's not the case, becasuse NORMAL
obedience training TENDS to provoke, intimidate, and
confound your dog and inhibit his ability to think
and learn to want to work and think and learn... SEE?

That's what I TEND to think about NORMAL obedience
training which TENDS to FAIL because it TENDS to
resort to VIOLENCE instead of TENDING TOWARDS
THE MOST EFFECTIVE SCIENTIFIC METHODS AVAILABLE.

> It just bothers me to imagine shocking my dog, even
> at a very low frequency.

It bothers me less to think of shocking the dog than
thinking about what punishment and confrontation can
do to a dog's temperament. That's what I tend to think
based on my thirty eight years professional experience
training dogs.

> I will definitely admit that there are many dogs who
> either can't or won't benefit from training without
> such things as e-collars.

Is that based on your thirty eight years of experience
specializing in temperament and behavior problems and
protection training in giant breed dogs? Or is that
based on your TENDANCY to believe incompetent dog
abusing Thugs who tell you they TEND to get excellent
results from HURTING dogs to train them because they
TEND NOT TO be intelligent enough to outwit the
cunning of the domestic puppy dog???

OR IS IT BASED ON YOUR TENDENCY TO MURDER
YOUR OWN DEAD DOG Summer?

> I just hope its a last-resort, not a first.

And I just hope you figure out why your pals here who
hurt dogs to train them TEND to claim they have me in
their killfiles, because they TEND NOT TO be able to
answer my questions in good conscience...That's what
they TEND to do around here because our lying dog
abusing Thugs TEND to be INCOMPETENT, IMMORAL,
UNETHICAL, UNPRINCIPLED, DOG ABUSING COWARDS.

Like yourself.

That's what I tend to think.

Your pal, Jerry "The PHONY," Howe. j;~}
The Amazing Puppy Wizard. <{) ; ~ ) >

<*.@EarthLink.Net>
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2004 17:12:11
GMT Local: Thurs, Oct 7 2004 10:12 am

Subject: "I'm Shocked That I Shocked" tara o. aka tee,
NC Boxer Rescue Abuse

HOWEDY People

Here's WON of HOWER MENTAL CASES
hurtin dogs and lying abHOWET it again.

"I'm shocked that I shocked"

"Tara O." <nos...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Due to someone reprimanding Jar-Jar & the word
> "rescue" in the post, I decided to read down and see
> what he was spewing now. I was able to learn that
> besides choking, pinching, crating, abusing and
> murdering my dog, I also shocked her. I must be
> suffering from amnesia.

> Can someone point me to a post where I said
> I shocked my dog, or any dog, or that I even
> know *how* to use an e-collar....assuming I had one
> which must have been stolen at the same time I lost
> my memory.

> One would think Jerry would be happy with the
> "murder" part and all my other training sins but
> evidently not.
> --
> Tara

HOWEDY tara o.,

You didn't HURT INTIMIDATE and MURFDER
your own DEAD DOG Summer:

Date: 2003-04-28 18:09:04 PST

==============

From: Tara O. (tara29...@yahoo.com)
Subject: Re: Dane hyper when passing other dogs
Date: 2001-04-21 12:07:54 PST

I think its pertinent to mention that I've never had
any dogs who exhibited signs of aggression or were in
any way, shape, or form resistent to whatever
"training" I did with them.

I would not feel comfortable relying on my past
experience or a book to train a dog to stop biting,
snapping or growling.
--
Tara O.

===================

From: Tara O. (tara29...@yahoo.com)
Subject: Re: Canine Behaviors For Dummies
Date: 2001-06-11 19:42:23 PST

"joshua" <jos...@ycsi.net> wrote in message

> I cant seem to understand why people believe prong
> collars are cruel and inhumane. They do nothing more
> than pinch, getting the attention of the animal.

> Choke collars, on the other hand, do permanent
> damage. They bruise the esophagus.

> Shock collars will eventually destroy nerve endings,
> much the same as electric fencing.

Joshua, you have just reopened a can of worms
that can quickly cause infestation here lol
--
Tara O.

===============

From: Tara O. (tara29...@yahoo.com)
Subject: Re: jerry howe
Date: 2001-04-04 11:58:06 PST

> People are tired of being abused and insulted simply
> for saying they use a prong collar, or a choke
> collar, or an e-collar, or a crate, etc. If you want
> to LEARN more about dog training and dog behavior,
> then listen to what they have to say, too.

"I've never not listened to what people say here.
I use a crate, am about to begin with a choke collar,
I'm not the bad guy here." tara o.

======================

From: Tara O. (tara29...@yahoo.com)
Subject: Re: Electronic Training Collars
Date: 2001-05-11 17:29:33 PST

""Twzl, Sligo and Roy Happy Together"" wrote

> BTW, this is one of the frequent topics on obedience
> email lists. When people say that they haven't used
> corrections, it turns out that they feel that if
> they do it, it's not a real correction. :)

That makes sense in a weird sort of way. I don't
honestly think that its humanly possible to train
anyone or anything without correction. Its human
nature to say 'no' or to stop a behavior by doing
something. I used a tin can with coins to correct
Summer's bad puppy behaviors and the cold shoulder
to correct her other less desirable behaviors. I
have said 'no' so many times that I probably sound
like a broken record. Amie can attest to that
lol.

It seems to me that some people are automatically
equating the term correction with punishment. I
guess they can go hand in hand since my tin can
wasn't something Summer liked. My ignoring her
when she's misbehaving is also something she
doesn't like. Therefore it can be viewed as
punishment? And that term is 100% negative.

Maybe if more people saw it as correction and not
the total negative, they'd be less inclined to
want to be PP.

Don't know if the way I wrote that made sense, it
makes sense in my head but then again the men with
the white coats could come a'knockin at any
moment.

Tara O.

===================

From: Tara O. (nos...@yahoo.com)
Subject: Re: Any hope? rage?
Date: 2003-03-26 05:46:02 PST

Yes I see and understand your point. There's no such
thing as 100% vigilence 100% of the time IMO. You
could call an e-fence company to find out if its
possible to wire only your front door so that if she
gets within a certain range of that front door the
collar will start working. I'd think there would be a
way to work that and it may be inexpensive to do
so.

There are also items called Scat Mats that you place
in front of doors or any area you don't want your dog
to proceed through. When stepping on the mat, it gives
off a vibration, something which most dogs hate.
They'll stay far away from the mats. I believe you can
buy them from
--
Tara

==================

Tara O. (nos...@yahoo.com)
Subject: Re: Need advice--barking dog
Date: 2003-08-06 17:38:14 PST

you could consider installing an invisible fence just
inside the fence line so he cannot get too close. You
could talk to your neighbor about splitting the cost
of whichever alternative you both find most
acceptable.
--
Tara

=================

From: Tara O. (nos...@yahoo.com)
Subject: Re: Containment Collars
Date: 2003-03-11 07:12:57

I know people who have electric fences and it works
very well for them. I know people who have them and
whose dogs escape and refuse to come back in. From
the details I know of all involved, I wouldn't use an
e-fence on:

1. An adult dog that wasn't raised with the fence from
a puppy
2. A dog with a high prey drive
3. A very stubborn dog

If I put my female out in an e-fence, the very first
kid, cat, dog or squirrel she sees would have her
bolting through the barrier shock or not. When she
finally loses interest in whatever has caused her to
leave and her adrenalin has diminished, she will think
rationally and realize she's not willing to come back
into the yard because she knows the shock would get
her.

you have a dog who just has to go after or
up to any and everything that walks down the street
then I'd definitely not recommend one of these
systems. The people I know who it works for installed
them when their dogs were pups so they were brought up
trained to it. Two of the ones I know it didn't work
for have adult adopted dogs who weren't raised
with this kind of invisible barrier.

===================

From: Tara O. (tara29...@yahoo.com)
Subject: Re: escape artist, thunder, aggression
questions Date: 2001-05-12 07:56:04 PST

Since he got a taste of freedom and knows he can
get out I doubt you'll be able to stop him short
of tethering him or using a more sophisticated
device like an e-fence but I wouldn't recommend
going the electronic fence route without first
doing your homework on the pros and cons of them
and understand that they are not fool-proof.

=========================

MacKenzie's First Pinch Collar Class
Date: 2003-07-08 13:54:19 PST

I consider myself to be a pretty good basic obed.
trainer of Boxers with some learned but not necessarily
practiced, advanced training knowledge.

I think this because not only have I worked
with all the dogs I've had at my house but I'm also
the one in charge of all the dogs in our rescue, their
behavioral issues (identifying and working with),
basic training (done in the foster home) and a host of
other things. I'm the one who gives the advice and
walks the foster volunteers through alot of things.

Now I don't believe, for a second, that I would be
successful at teaching basic obedience to other dogs
in a class environment. Maybe I would but probably
not. Other trainers with class experience may think I
have no clue what I'm doing because my experience
has been primarily hands-on and with only one breed.

=========================

Val writes Monday, 6/3/02 (original post of 5/31):

Well, for what it's worth, I am praising without physical
contact and she does seem to listen better than when I
would praise with it. I agree that it is a distraction.

Anyway, no more aggressive behaviors from her since I
started the Witts End.

From: Seeing Spots \(Val\) (Holme...@worldnet.att.net)
Subject: Re: Dear Wits End
Date: 2002-06-04 18:19:07 PST

HEY!!!

There is a Valid Valerie with a REAL Dalmatian
who is a real sweet dog with a few issues that I
am working to resolve after adopting her from a
shelter she spent 2 years in.

All I want is to get some decent help for my dog.

There is some decent stuff in Jerry's manual.
My dog has ACTUALLY been responding to
her training. The deal is you have to seperate
your opinions and impressions from the guy
who is writing these posts and take from the
manual what you want.

Personally, I get a pretty good chuckle out of
the whole Jerry thing. I have to say the guy
is pretty clever, you're letting him get under
your skin.

It makes for a very amusing game I think.

I'm sure he would agree, or he wouldn't be playing
everyday. He also wouldn't be playing if he didn't
believe that his method of training weren't valid.

Perhaps I'll learn from my mistakes, but so far,
using the Wits' End, I have gotten my dalmatian
to listen to me, to look to me for direction, to wait
for me to say when.

I have changed her from an aggressive dog to
one who is willing to please her owner, willing
to listen, willing to assume her role in the pack.

The real Valerie M. Holmes speaking

P.s. Jerry, don't get any ideas about morphing
into me, ok?

From: Momi...@webtv.net (misty)
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 09:29:09

Subject: Re: Jerry, why non-physical praise?

Beth wrote:

>So, jerry's techniques didnt' work for Peach?

Never had a chance to try them on her... I was still
using the e-fence and chains to keep her in the yard.

The suggestions I received here to keep Peach home were:
build a fence... wasn't going to happen.. we plan on
putting a modular home here within the next few years...
put more fence at the top of the pen I used so both dogs
could play bitey face w/o tangling, and similar suggestions.

Jerry was the only one to mention border training... but
he was kook supreme ;-P So I ignored him... no killfiles
with webtv.. at that time Jerry had his own troll, somewhat
like Candace, so the group was not very conducive to learning
anything. At one point I even b*tched about Jerry.

By the time I tried out Jerry's manual Peach had already ran away.

Not very good at the google groups search but you'll find
my first post at "runaway dog message 30" within that
thread is mention of the dogs taking off and being gone
for 2 days. I stopped posting for a bit... my middle boy
was devastated that his dog was gone... Zelda came home
but not her mom.

The next few posts from me were ones about/to Jerry.

Then Jerry made the WETM accessible for webbes, I put it
in my e-mail (no storage otherwise on webby unless you put
stuff on a webpage) and read it, read it and read it.

Once I understood what the concept was, I implemented it
on Zelda. It worked and I now have a great housedog!

I only regret that my own distrust of Jerry caused me to
lose another wonderful dog. Peach was an absolute gem with
little kids. I and my boys still miss her. Sometimes I
still look to see if she came home when we get back from
trips. Maybe Peach would still have ran away... I don't
know and never will....

~misty

"misty" <Momi...@webtv.net> wrote in message

I don't now whether Peach is dead or alive. I do know she's
not here with us. I really can't blame anyone here for her loss.

I'm the one who ignored your advice. I did it because of how you
write/wrote. I was unwilling to accept the idea that my using a
shock collar could have any bearing on Peach not wanting to stay
home. Up until I started using it my main concern had been keeping
my dogs in their own yard.

Once I started using the e-fence...well, then my concern became
how to keep them from running off for days on end.

I lost valuable training time becoming embroiled in the anti-
shock debate and the "Jerry sux" tirades.

I lost one dog but I have the bestest dog in the world now
<g> A Wits End Trained dog, one who is completely housetrained,
doesn't chew up stuff, stays in the yard, and doesn't bark all
the time. IOW a great companion and friend.

Thanks Jerry!

=====================

"misty" <Momi...@webtv.net> wrote in message

We just installed a PetSafe brand fence this Spring.
Two dogs, two collars We now have one dog and no
collars.

Peach and Zelda would run thru the fence, not want to
come back in the yard and would run for days. The
last time, Peach didn't come back home.

I used the Wit's End Training Manual to learn how to
train my dog. She is now border trained. A few
minutes each day reinforces her desire to stay in the
yard.

She no longer runs out into the road, I can stop her
from chasing cats and she no longer cringes when we
walk around the yard.

I can not say loud or long enough how much I hate the
e-fence and its collars. If you can't get a regular fence
then you need to train your dog. I will never rely on an
electronic collar to keep my dog in our yard again.

The price was too high:-(

~misty

============

MaryBeth, QUEEN OF THE RPD* MENTALLY
ILL ALLSTARS MENTAL ILLNESS IN RPD*

Mental illness is a public issue in these newsgroups.
People are always running around calling other people
mentally ill and diagnosing their illnesses. I think it's
only fair that we have an accurate list of who is and
who isn't mentally ill, so that we can avoid any
misunderstandings and promote group harmony.

MaryBeth
MVP (most valuable psycho)

Has contributed greatly to the annual profit
results at several large pharmaceutical corps
has taken virtually every mentally ill (crazy)
drug treatment in the book, and then some:
prozac, zoloft, amitryptiline, Buspar, Xanax,
effexor, paxil, HRT, wellbutrin, tranquilizers,
clomid, has suffered from or been:

suicidal, agoraphobic, tidal waves of
PMS, mood swings, turned into a hermit,
bloated, just real angry, hubby afraid of
her, high blood pressure, divorced,
"raving bitch" "zoloft zombie" for four
years, "living through layers and layers
of gauze," chain smoker, buzzing, weight
gain, fatigue, terrible dry mouth, dull
headaches, fuzzy brain, lack of
concentration..etc.
severe depression, severe insomnia, Panic
ALL the time, crying, not sleeping, you
name it...etc...

MaryBeth (on being seriously f'd in the head
aka mentally ill) aka cuckoo! kuckoo! ding! ding! ding!
aka a superpsychotic bitch from hell

"I know for a fact I went thru years of
being overly sensitive, being a b*tch,
being self centered, being self pitying,
you name it, I was a wreck and I ran over
everyone in my path."

"<G> I do know the power of meds,
especially on a long term basis, and it's
not pretty. You become another person, if
it's not the correct med for you.

--All the best,
MaryBeth

"Yup Diane, I am taking Zoloft, and my
Rheumatologist told me that taking
Ultram with it can cause seizures."

"I have all the symptoms.I am suicidal at
times (cyclical) have severe insomnia,
'crawly' skin etc. I have an appt to see
my doc next Friday to test for
menopause."

--MaryBeth

"I noticed that antidepressants cut
libido into the dead zone and I had no
real emotions, like not laughing at funny
stuff, couldn't cry either.....except about
my suicidal thoughts (but at the time I
thought there was no other way out)."

--MaryBeth

"Hi, new to group, just starting Clomid
today. I talked with RE and pharmacist re:
zoloft 50 mg daily) and ineraction with
Clomid.

They reported none. Not sure about the
prozac tho. Gonna poat a new message to
intorduce myself :)"

--MaryBeth <still feeling like herself>
<G>

"I wasted about 10 years of my life, and
lost many many treasured ppl and things.
Please don't do the same.
(((((((SCOUT))))))))))

--MaryBeth

"Slowly but surely my depression got worse
and worse. They put me on meds for it, and
all along kept telling me to wait on the
TKR, as 'it really wasn't that
bad.....yet". HA!" The depression got so
bad, and lots of other
things happened and my ex and I would up
divorced four years after our move. It was
horrible. The hardest thing I have eve
gone thru"

--MaryBeth

Date: 31 Jan 2005 17:09:28 -0800
Subject: Re: just trying it out

From: Mike (m.bidd...@ns.sympatico.ca)
Subject: Re: Info. on the puppy wizard?
Date: 2004-07-18 14:27:02 PST

> > Oh, and did I mention his methods work, ya nuff said.
> > Mike

> Ok Mike which part worked for you?

It helped clear problems from my dogs in the
field using the can penny distraction technique.

Works like a charm.

My dogs get distracted easy from their jobs ie,
retrieving or training to find lost people, oh did
I mention that I am a Search and Rescue Team
Leader.

Sorry that slipped my mind.

I have read volumes of training books and don't
know where people get that Jerry copied others
work as I have NEVER come across his methods
before. I would like to see proof.

Just like Jerry outlined I eliminated problems one
at at time as they arose. I used to try and train to
the way I wanted them but this is backward, you
train out the problems leaving what you want left over.

Funny part is the second dog who had the same
problems as the other didn't need correcting for
some of his habits after I cleared it from the first
dog.

Seemed he learned through osmosis.

Nice side benefit there.

It nearly came to giving them up to a 3rd party
trainer as they were not performing well. The
VAST majority of working dog trainers are
agressive in their actions with the dogs.

I tried it and it didn't work and guess what I
was at my "Whits End" then someone I new
turned me onto Jerry and the rest is history.

I referred friends and families to Jerry's manual
and all have had great results. Starting puppies
out on the distraction technique is especially
good because they never develop the habit.

I had my sisters dog healing, sitting and down
stay reliably at 8-9 weeks. The first night home
following Jerrys advice we ditched the crate and
put the pup on the floor beside the bed and after
2 whimpers NOT A SOUND OUT OF THAT DOG
FOR 6 HRS! first night, that has never happened
in all my days.

Sorry, the man understands dogs its that simple.

Mike

"Speech is a mirror of the soul:
as a man speaks, so is he."
Publilius Syrus, First century B.C., Maxim 1073

"We are what we do."

From: Marshall Dermer (der...@alpha1.csd.uwm.edu)
Subject: Re: Jerry's Dog Training Manual
Date: 2001-07-12 06:49:13 PST

>Paul B wrote:
>> While the concept of shake cans is not new,
>> I haven't read any other advice that says to
>> praise immediately regardless of what the dog
>> does next (the common advice is to praise once
>> the dog is doing a desired behaviour or at least
>> stopped the unwanted behaviour), this is unique
>> to Jerry (and Marilyn) and from my own
>> experiences is an important part of the process.

And how do we know this aspect of his
advice is right?

Jerry is not God and his manual is not the Bible.
His advice could be subject to an empirical analysis.

--Marshall

=================

"Marshall Dermer" <der...@alpha1.csd.uwm.edu>
From: Paul B (NOSPAMpand...@zfree.co.nz)
Date: 2001-07-12 00:13:28 PST

Hello Marshall,

The way I view it from my observation of how
my dogs react is that the distraction interrupts
the dogs thought, not for good or bad, just
interrupts, the dog is therefore distracted for
a second and then will either continue the
behaviour or do something else.

The praise reassures the dog that the sound
distraction is not a threat or punishment,
however if everytime the dog resumes a
particular behaviour it's distracted immediately
(and praised immediately for reassurance) then
it quickly decides this behaviour is not fulfilling
and it ceases.

A dog will offer another behaviour in it's place
and if that is acceptable to us then we let it be
otherwise the distraction continues until a suitable
alternate behaviour is offered.

One example, Sam used to jump up on me
when I arrived home, I would shake can to
distract him right at the moment he was
about to jump up, after about 4 repetitions
he tried sitting and offering me his paw, of
course this was fine so I let it be.

While the concept of shake cans is not new,
I haven't read any other advice that says to
praise immediately regardless of what the
dog does next (the common advice is to
praise once the dog is doing a desired
behaviour or at least stopped the unwanted
behaviour), this is unique to Jerry (and Marilyn)
and from my own experiences is an important
part of the process.

> Thanks Paul! He does recommend praising
> a dog for barking, but he appears to recognize
> that this may not work and so distraction
> is recommended as a back up procedure:

"Estel J. Hines" <ejhi...@comcast.net> wrote in message

Until i read the Jerry method of Bark
reduction, it went something like this
with our 11 month old puppy "Yoshi"

Yoshi: Bark, bark,

us: HUSH Youshi

Yoshi: Bark, bark...........

us: Hush Youshi

Yoshi: BARK, BARK, BARK, .........

it stopped when Yoshi got tired barking

We decided to try the Jerry method:

Yoshi: BARK, BARK

US: GOOD Yoshi, Good Boy, who is it?

Yoshi: Bark, Bark

US: It's ok, good boy Yoshi, We know them.

Yosh without fail, now stops after we say that.
I must say, it is so much more fun, when we
can praise him, to deal with things like this.

Thanks Jerry

ps: We are just starting to go thru the Jerry
Papers, and learn how to live with our son
"Yoshi", whom we love very much. --

Best Regards,
Estel J. Hines

==============

"Dan Moore" <mooret...@worldnet.att.net>
wrote in message

Tracy,

What worked for me, in just one storm,
was to praise the dog after each clap
of thunder, telling him he's a Good Dog!

This is an almost 13 year old Doberman, BTW.

The next time it thundered, he did not even
react at all--you could not tell it was the same
dog as before.

There was more thunder just the other day,
and same thing, nada, nothing, zilch, no
cowering, whimpering, trying to hide at all,
it was that simple.

I got this idea from Jerry Howe, who might seem
to be a "wild and crazy" character, but his non-
abusive way of handling dogs WORKS.

Wonderfully.

Praise.

It's that simple.

Juanita

> There really is NOTHING new about the advice above!

Nuthin EXXXCEPT HOWE IT'S DONE,
professor SCRUFF SHAKE.

Here's MOORE SCIENCE, professor SCRUFF SHAKE:

"Leprechaun" <Leprech...@attglobal.net> wrote in message

>Jerry believes he's a dog trainer.

Fortunately, I happen to believe he is too.
I took a rescued three year old beagle that
had been kept outside all of its life that didn't
even recognize or respond to its name to
Jerry's home (That ugly cinder block shack???
get real) and in just over one hour of working
with the dog, he was coming on command
(not a quickly as he does now, but still...) and
walking with us on a loose lead.

His "hot/cold" exercise and "come when called"
command and pack exercise WORK!

> and in all likelihood he's never even been near a dog.

Well, he's been near mine, and done wonders for him.

You don't have to like him. You don't have
to agree with his methods, but as far as I
am concerned, I've never seen any other
training approach that was as fast and easy.

<<<< Rest of original post deleted >>>>

Ron Flanagan
Orlando, Florida

-----------------------

"Zack Pellers" <ZackPell...@GUESSWHERE.cc>
wrote in message
d*.@towson.edu (Derek) wrote in news:
6*.@p­osting.google.com:

Your dog needs to be retrained. Contact Mr. Jerry Howe.
Http://www.DoggyDoRight.com

You can start by downloading the free training
manual available on the site above. I used it on
my 4 year old Fila Brasileiro.

When I first brought him home from rescue, he
was similar to the way you decribed your dog.
After using Mr. Howe's training method, the dog
was cured within 72 hours.

-Jack

"Ned" <komod...@rogers.com> wrote in message

Hi !

Our black lab girl is 3 months old (she
will be 4 months on the 30th).

When we first brought her home she had
a bad habit of trying to nip our faces (including
my 3 year old twins) during playtime. It drove
everyone in the house nuts and it brought my
little girls to tears as you can imagine.

We tried saying no, and that would just get
her even more excited, so we would yell no
and that would just get her "scared" but still
excited. In short it just wasn't working.

So we finally did what Jerry has suggested
to you. We used a sound do distract her and
we would immediately praise her.

I have to say that it worked great. BUT she
then moved on to nipping at the feet LOL silly
little thing.

So again, we tried no, and then louder no,
but again it didn't work so we went for the
distraction and praise.

I must say that she is doing great!

I hope that helps.
Edyta aka Ned

===================

Sent: Thursday, June 26, 2003 9:06 AM

Hello.
I never posted here (or anywhere) before.
I never trained or owned a dog before this
year.

I downloaded the Wit's End, read it, corresponded
with Mr. Howe and trained my dog to come and to
stop barking in a weekend.

Our dog, Jake, had been treated with kindness the
whole time we had him, about 10 months, but his
earlier life is unknown.

I worked on the hot-cold exercise for about 30
minutes when he suddenly "got it". After that
he came to me every time with no hesitation.

I used the cans filled with pennies to teach him
not to bark. If he now starts to bark, I go to the
door or window, say "Good Boy, its' alright" and
he usually calms down right away.

A couple of times I had to get the cans
out again to reinforce the behavior.

We feel a strong bond with this animal
and he is very eager to accept our love.

So with all the vitriolic spewing going on,
I have to believe Mr. Howe is right.

His method worked for us.

I don't know if it would have been quite
as effective if we had tried another method first.

Florence

------------------------------­------

From: Marshall Dermer (der...@alpha1.csd.uwm.edu)
Date: 2001-07-10 13:34:38 PST
In article <HRI27.3908$187.184...@news-re­p.ab.videon.ca>
"Je­­nn" <d...@try.it> writes:

> Hi Lynn,

> I used to have a barking problem with my
> German Shepherd Dog a couple of years ago.
> I tried several things recommended to me by
> different trainers, and nothing was working.

> When I read that section of Jerry's Manual,
> I thought the same way you did.

> "What???? PRAISE her for barking?" It sounded
> counterproductive, but I had tried everything else
> I'd heard so I thought I'd try it too.

> Next time she went nuts at a person walking by
> outside, I told her, "Good job! Good girl! You are
> such a good protector!" And instead of continuing
> the barking, she came to me for a belly rub! She
> will still bark (she's a guard dog, that's her job),
> but after one bark, she knows she's done her job
> to warn me by my praise, and she stops.
> Jenn,

Could you be so kind as to post here the
section from Jerry's manual where he
writes that you should JUST praise the
dog when it barks?????????

As I recall, I thought he first advocates
distracting the dog from barking, with
keys or the soft sound of pennies in a
can, before praising.

Perhaps you can tutor me regarding
Jerry's system.

Thanks in advance!

--Marshall Dermer

P.S: I don't read Jerry's posts but I look
forward to your post.

From: Marshall Dermer (der...@alpha1.csd.uwm.edu)
Subject: Re: Clicker training "stay"
Date: 2001-06-21 20:25:38 PST
In article <iqtY6.5456$rA2.1119...@news-r­ep.ab.videon.ca> "J­­enn"
<*.@try.it> writes:

> Hi, DogStar716, sorry you feel this way about
> me. I hope I can change your mind in the future,
> as I love reading your posts, and value (and
> have used) some of your advice.

BWWWWWEEEJAJAJAJAJAJAAAAA!!!

> As for my post to Jer, I am just attempting
> to get a plain answer about something instead
> of a trash- fest. I just want to know if it can be
> done.

> Jenn Standring

I'm not Jerry but sure you could use a clicker to
distract a dog but that is not the purpose of a clicker.

You can also use a teaspoon to cut steak but that
is not the purpose of teaspoon!

--Marshall