Dog Discussion: My Belgian Shepherd

My Belgian Shepherd

Andy
2005-04-26 08:41:06 EST
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Belgians/

Alpha
2005-04-28 01:32:33 EST

"Andy" <pandoraandypandy@h> wrote in message
news:426e36bf$0$10304$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au...

Do you have his papers?
Do you know his bllodline?
Has he been hip scored?

I would not even consider breeding unless he has been scored.

Why would you want to breed anyway?

Nice looking groenendale by the way
Mine are Malinois the hard ones.

Dave

Andy
2005-04-28 20:43:35 EST

"Alpha" <david@davidthedogman.com> wrote in message

> "Andy" <pandoraandypandy@h> wrote in message
>>

> Do you have his papers?

yep

> Do you know his bllodline?

yep

> Has he been hip scored?

nope

> I would not even consider breeding unless he has been scored.

why?

He runs all day and jumps everywhere.

He is not a german Shepherd that has been bred with a week hind quarter.

> Why would you want to breed anyway?

To keep his balls.

> Nice looking groenendale by the way

Thanks.

> Mine are Malinois the hard ones.

Tough too. Used as airforce dogs.

> Dave

Alpha
2005-04-29 16:09:12 EST
Yes we have supplied 6 to the them and one to AQIS lots to Security.

Even Belgians can have HD you will not know without the X ray, just because
the dog runs and jumps is no guarantee.

Breeding is a serious matter, to breed because you want your dog to have the
experience is so wrong. They do not need this experience to fulfil their
lives. I do not want to insult you in any way but I must ask why you have
this fine working dog?

Dave

Andy
2005-04-29 17:50:18 EST

> Yes we have supplied 6 to the them and one to AQIS lots to Security.
>
> Even Belgians can have HD you will not know without the X ray, just
> because the dog runs and jumps is no guarantee.
>
> Breeding is a serious matter, to breed because you want your dog to have
> the experience is so wrong. They do not need this experience to fulfil
> their lives. I do not want to insult you in any way but I must ask why
> you have this fine working dog?

Because I have had them for 20 years?

Because I had planned to show and breed?

> Dave

Alpha
2005-04-29 18:59:25 EST
Because I have had them for 20 years?

Because I had planned to show and breed?

And you will do it without a hip score?

Dave

Andy
2005-04-29 23:32:23 EST

> Because I have had them for 20 years?
>
> Because I had planned to show and breed?
>
> And you will do it without a hip score?

Compulsory?

Alpha
2005-04-30 02:47:15 EST

"Andy" I knew you were one of the best.

Dave

give that black dog a hug for us.

Caroline
2005-04-30 04:58:20 EST
"Andy" wrote

> "Alpha" wrote
>> Because I have had them for 20 years?
>>
>> Because I had planned to show and breed?
>>
>> And you will do it without a hip score?
>
> Compulsory?

If you want to be considered as a decent breeder...YES!

Jeßus?=
2005-05-04 05:21:36 EST
Alpha wrote:

> "Andy" I knew you were one of the best.

Gawd, bring me a bucket...

> give that black dog a hug for us.

You should really respect his wife more than that mate...

;)

--
/Jeßus/

Laughter is the shortest distance between two people." ~ Victor Borge