Dog Discussion: Cheerios For A Terrier Pup?

Cheerios For A Terrier Pup?

JS
2005-03-27 12:19:16 EST
Hey all! Is it ok to give Cheerios (w/out the milk of course) to a 8 week
old Terrier pup? Just curious.

Knucklehead
2005-03-27 12:44:43 EST
I shouldn't think it would hurt if he likes it. A primary part of dry dog
food is cereal. You do mean as a treat ,don't you? Not his primary diet.

Rocky
2005-03-27 12:46:26 EST
JS said in rec.pets.dogs.health:

> Is it ok to give Cheerios (w/out the milk of course) to a 8
> week old Terrier pup?

How many? As a training treat, Cheerios are great - I put a few
handfuls in a Zip-loc container, add a chunk of something stinky
(like liverwurst), and store in the fridge. Meat-flavoured
Cheerios are a big hit here.

--
--Matt. Rocky's a Dog.

JS
2005-03-27 12:53:11 EST
Right, just once in a great while.

"Knucklehead" <terry5660@nospam.peoplepc.com> wrote in message
>I shouldn't think it would hurt if he likes it. A primary part of dry dog
> food is cereal. You do mean as a treat ,don't you? Not his primary diet.

Knucklehead
2005-03-27 13:02:44 EST
I forgot to mention that a little milk is good but very much usually will
give any dog diarrhea.

Gitalonglildoggie
2005-04-05 15:15:23 EST
Cheerios will not hurt your pup. I give my daschund cheerios for
training treats. They are inexpensive and very handy. Just put some in
a container or zip loc bag and there you go. Just dont make them a huge
part of your dogs diet.