Dog Discussion: People Food

People Food

ABamos
2005-03-11 15:23:30 EST
We are the owner OF 2 eskies-Sasha & Digger and a mix breed-Roxie. Sasha is
16 months, Digger is 16 weeks and Roxie is 10 years old. I was looking up
harmful food for the dogs and have found that apples,tomatoes and grapes
are all toxic to my pets but Roxie has been eating tomatoes for years, she
now has Sasha going to the garden and they both will help themselfs to the
tomatoes and we have found that Digger LOVES APPLES. THEY ALL LOVE FRUITS
AND VEGGIES. so my concern is when is it "toxic" to them? if veggies and
fruit are not good for the animals then why do some people make their dogs
vegetarian? I give brewers yeast/garlic tablets to all of them daily (per
request by the vet)garlic is toxic it is said. Isn't a dog the same as a
human as for as food reactions go? all the dogs have a vet appointment
(shot time)on saturday and I will ask the vet his opion on the fruit/veg
thing. we want health, happy dogs and if an occasional tomatoe or apple
makes the dog happy then why not? How much is fact and how much is opion?
Does any one else have pets with desire for apples and tomatoes?

Jrprice
2005-03-11 16:53:19 EST
In article
<*3@localhost.talkaboutpets.com>,
a*y@nospam says...
> We are the owner OF 2 eskies-Sasha & Digger and a mix breed-Roxie. Sasha is
> 16 months, Digger is 16 weeks and Roxie is 10 years old. I was looking up
> harmful food for the dogs and have found that apples,tomatoes and grapes
> are all toxic to my pets but Roxie has been eating tomatoes for years, she
> now has Sasha going to the garden and they both will help themselfs to the
> tomatoes and we have found that Digger LOVES APPLES. THEY ALL LOVE FRUITS
> AND VEGGIES. so my concern is when is it "toxic" to them? if veggies and
> fruit are not good for the animals then why do some people make their dogs
> vegetarian? I give brewers yeast/garlic tablets to all of them daily (per
> request by the vet)garlic is toxic it is said. Isn't a dog the same as a
> human as for as food reactions go? all the dogs have a vet appointment
> (shot time)on saturday and I will ask the vet his opion on the fruit/veg
> thing. we want health, happy dogs and if an occasional tomatoe or apple
> makes the dog happy then why not? How much is fact and how much is opion?
> Does any one else have pets with desire for apples and tomatoes?

You might want to check this out:

http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?cls=2&cat=1661&articleid=1030

It's a pretty good guide.

Sorackem
2005-03-11 17:38:17 EST
jrprice <jrprice@nospam.com> wrote in

> In article
> <68e0db451474d66ea7518a53f1038883@localhost.talkaboutpets.com>,
> amosbinkley@nospam says...
>> We are the owner OF 2 eskies-Sasha & Digger and a mix breed-Roxie.
>> Sasha is 16 months, Digger is 16 weeks and Roxie is 10 years old.

>> so my
>> concern is when is it "toxic" to them?

>> Does any one else have pets with
>> desire for apples and tomatoes?
>>

> You might want to check this out:
>
> http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?cls=2&cat=1661&articleid=1030
>
> It's a pretty good guide.

Thanks for the link JR.

My Aussie especially likes apples, she gets slices infrequently.

-Brian

Jrprice
2005-03-11 19:02:09 EST
In article <Xns961694EACD7BDflintstonednod@216.196.97.136>,
flint_stoned@nodcomcast.net says...
> jrprice <jrprice@nospam.com> wrote in
>
> > In article
> > <68e0db451474d66ea7518a53f1038883@localhost.talkaboutpets.com>,
> > amosbinkley@nospam says...
> >> We are the owner OF 2 eskies-Sasha & Digger and a mix breed-Roxie.
> >> Sasha is 16 months, Digger is 16 weeks and Roxie is 10 years old.
>
> >> so my
> >> concern is when is it "toxic" to them?
>
> >> Does any one else have pets with
> >> desire for apples and tomatoes?
> >>

> > You might want to check this out:
> >
> > http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?cls=2&cat=1661&articleid=1030
> >
> > It's a pretty good guide.
> >

> Thanks for the link JR.
>
> My Aussie especially likes apples, she gets slices infrequently.
>
> -Brian

No problem. Of course the PW-Nazi will probably accuse me of being a dog
murderer.

Sorackem
2005-03-11 20:56:16 EST

> In article <Xns961694EACD7BDflintstonednod@216.196.97.136>,
> flint_stoned@nodcomcast.net says...
>> jrprice <jrprice@nospam.com> wrote in

> No problem. Of course the PW-Nazi will probably accuse me of being a
> dog murderer.

Well, we know you're not "decent folk" if you're here in the first place.

; )

-B

SheWolf
2005-03-12 00:18:07 EST

"jrprice" <jrprice@nospam.com> wrote in message
> In article <Xns961694EACD7BDflintstonednod@216.196.97.136>,
> flint_stoned@nodcomcast.net says...
> > jrprice <jrprice@nospam.com> wrote in
> >
> > > In article
> > > <68e0db451474d66ea7518a53f1038883@localhost.talkaboutpets.com>,
> > > amosbinkley@nospam says...

> > > You might want to check this out:
> > >
> > > http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?cls=2&cat=1661&articleid=1030
> > >
> > > It's a pretty good guide.
> > >

> > Thanks for the link JR.
> >
> > My Aussie especially likes apples, she gets slices infrequently.
> >
> > -Brian
> >
> No problem. Of course the PW-Nazi will probably accuse me of being a dog
> murderer.

LOL sometimes makes you want to kill the killfile :P. Then I come to my
senses.