Dog Discussion: Pug With Issues

Pug With Issues

Diddy
2005-03-09 15:20:00 EST
in thread news:112ule4f9k594b6@corp.supernews.com: "SheWolf"
<*f@NOSPAMyadtel.net> whittled the following words:

> I have a rescue pug that I got around October of last year. Her first
> owner was an old lady that had to give her up when her husband died,
> 2nd owner got rid of her when the dog bit her while being scolded for
> deficating on the floor. 3rd owner dumped the dog after hois wife
> left, and the dog again wasn't housebroken. I'm number 4. She's about
> 4 years old ( vet's estamate).
>
> I've housetrained her (took about 2 months). But her biggest problem
> is spinning in a circle, barking and snapping at her tail. More than
> once, she has caused herself to bleed. She is flea-free (I use
> Advantage year-round). She can't stand to have her tail touched in any
> way, except during her bath. I use a shampoo for sensitive skin to
> rule out an allergy. I've been trying to teach her basic commands, and
> so far we have sit, come and a very shaky stay. Any thoughts?
>
> SheWolf

Have you discussed this with the vet? Could it be epilepsy? Could there be
a nerve damaged during the docking? I'd rule out everything medical before
considering this a behavioral problem

Diddy
2005-03-09 16:12:42 EST
in thread news:112upfkapo94o57@corp.supernews.com: "SheWolf"
<*f@NOSPAMyadtel.net> whittled the following words:

> Docking? Her tail is complete. Perfect Double curl. Or is it something
> else I'm unaware of?

Oh duh. I just wasn't thinking.

But I've heard of dogs in my breed do this behavior, and there was nerve
restrictions in the spine somewhere. It resulted in one dog eating his own
leg off.

It's Only Alimentary, Dear Watson
2005-03-09 17:20:59 EST
HOWEDY SheWolf,

SheWolf wrote:
> I have a rescue pug that I got around October of last year.

You been readin HOWER forums?

> Her first owner was an old lady that had to give
> her up when her husband died, 2nd owner got
> rid of her when the dog bit her while being scolded
> for deficating on the floor. 3rd owner dumped the
> dog after hois wife left, and the dog again wasn't
> housebroken.

HOWEsbreakin is INSTINCTIVE at four weeks of age.

> I'm number 4. She's about 4 years old ( vet's estamate).

NO PROBLEMO.

> I've housetrained her (took about 2 months).

Should take 2 DAYS or NEARLY INSTANTLY
to HOWEsbreak a dog. All you gotta do is show
them HOWE to get to the relief area and give
them opportunity. And food... you get the picture.

> But her biggest problem is spinning in a circle,
> barking and snapping at her tail.

S-HOWENDS like she's got an OCD (Obsessive
Compulsive DIS-EASE) like professor SCRUFF
SHAKE'S little dog Maxie The Magnificent FuriHOWESLY
Obsessive Compulsive Masturbator. You got LUCKY
your dog only chases his tail.

> More than once, she has caused herself to bleed.

Yeah... self mutilating, to boot.

> She is flea-free (I use Advantage year-round).
> She can't stand to have her tail touched in any way,
> except during her bath. I use a shampoo for sensitive
> skin to rule out an allergy. I've been trying to teach
> her basic commands,

THAT'S HOWE COME she's GOT OCD.

> and so far we have sit, come and a very shaky stay.

Yeah. OCD'S are CAUSED BY MISHANDLING,
not sore tails. Of curse, she COULD be SICK an
THAT'S HOWE COME she's self mutilating. But
THAT AIN'T LIKELY and we got a CURE for the
BEHAVIOR PROBLEM, so we ain't gotta KNOW
if the dog is SICK on accHOWENT of if the
BEHAVIORAL CURE DON'T WORK THAT'S HOWE
WE KNOW the dog is SICK and we'll know THAT
in WON DAY if you STUDY and FOLLOW THE
INSTRUCTIONS in your FREE copy of The Amazing
Puppy Wizard's FREE WWW Wits' End Dog Training
Method Manual.

> Any thoughts?

DECENT PEOPLE DO NOT POST HERE abHOWETS.

Here's your FREE copy of The Amazing Puppy
Wizard's FREE WWW Wits' End Dog Training
Method Manual: http://makeashorterlink.com/?G34D2527A
<{) ; ~ ) >

Just ASK The Amazing Puppy Wizard <{) ; ~ ) >
if you need any additional FREE heelp. There's
NO arbritrary INFORMATION in your FREE copy
of The Amazing Puppy Wizard's FREE WWW
Wits' End Dog Training Method Manual so study
it well and do and follow ALL the EXXXERCISES
AS INSTRUCTED... it's a PRECISE SCIENCE or
it COULDN'T GET 100% CONSISTENT NEARLY
INSTANT SUCCESS for all handlers and all dogs
in all fields or utilities and behaviors all over the
Whole Wild World <{) ; ~ ) >

And FOR FREE, to boot <{) ; ~ ) >

> SheWolf

The Amazing Puppy Wizard <{) ; ~ ) >

It's Only Alimentary, Dear Watson
2005-03-09 17:53:49 EST
HOWEDY diddler,

diddy wrote:
> in thread news:112ule4f9k594b6@corp.supernews.com: "SheWolf"
> <shewolf@NOSPAMyadtel.net> whittled the following words:
>
> > She can't stand to have her tail touched in any
> > way, except during her bath. I use a shampoo for
> > sensitive skin to rule out an allergy. I've been
> > trying to teach her basic commands, and so far we
> > have sit, come and a very shaky stay. Any thoughts?
> >
> > SheWolf
>
> Have you discussed this with the vet?

Could be the dog is SICK but she PROBABLY AIN'T, diddler.

> Could it be epilepsy?

There's a lotta that goin arHOWEND lately...

> Could there be a nerve damaged during the docking?

Pug's tails ain't docked, diddler.

> I'd rule out everything medical before
> considering this a behavioral problem

You mean you HOPE the dog is SICK on accHOWENT
of you ain't got no METHOD to train a dog not
to mutilate hisself other than to lock IT in
a box and HURT and INTIMDIATE IT someMOORE:

diddy (diddy@nospam.diddy.net)
Subject: Oh My God
Date: 2002-01-16 13:39:59 PST

Two nights ago, Reka started acting frantic about 11pm.
I let her out. It's coyote breeding season, and she is
fascinated by them. I assumed she wanted to go out and
listen to them howling. I brought her in, and she spent
the night franticly and desperately demanding to go out.

After about 4am, I finally put her in the barn, locked
securely in a horse stall for the night.

She came in by morning, and had a normal active, playful
day. Last night, at 11pm, She franticly DEMANDED to go
out. I let her out, and brought her in. At midnight, she
DEMANDED to be let out. I let her out, but I went out
to the barn and got a crate, and decided she could
spend the rest of the night in the crate. We were NOT
going to do a repeat of the previous night AGAIN.

At 3am, she whined so loudly, I then decided not to
allow her to set a precedence of this type of behavior.
So I took her crate out to the heated gun shop and
decided to let her act out her bad behavior in peace,
and send a message that her obnoxious behavior
was not going to be tolerated.

This morning at 6am, I went out, and she had vomited
(normal looking dog food) and defecated in her crate
(not normal for Reka, but then, She normally didn't
sleep in a crate, NEVER gets corrected (she never does
anything to GET corrected for) and was probably nerves
from the outside experience, plus reprimand and solitary
confinement.)

I let her in the house while I cleaned the cage. Hoping
I had made my point. She acted healthy and normal, and
playful and chipper. But then I noticed a spot of blood on
the bathroom linoleum and in the bathtub. I was the last
to take a bath, so I knew REKA was the last in the tub.

That blood didnt come from me, so it HAD to come from
Reka. Thinking about her nearing the end of her heat cycle, I still
didnt think a lot about it. I thought her
obnoxious behavior the past couple nights WAS her heat
cycle.. and corresponding coyote breeding season.

Then while feeding her breakfast, I saw the whole story.
She had blood (fresh) streaming from her RECTUM. UhOh.

I had her at the vets office this morning before he
opened. He just said her intestines were all bunched
up with huge air pockets.

Was there any chance that she ate strings of carpets? I
said, last Thursday we took a plastic tarp out of the yard
that we had over the grill to protect it from the weather
because she was chewing it. That would explain
EVERYTHING.

The strings are binding and bunching up her intestines,
cutting her internally and tying her intestines in knots
as it works its way through.

Reka is in a very critical situation. She is going to
require extensive and expensive surgery that I cant
afford. I will manage.

Even with the surgery, her condition will be critical
for awhile. Scary thoughts. I would never have
treated her the way I did last night, if I had even a
clue that she was sick. I feel so badly.
--
diddy

===============================

From: diddy (diddy@nospam.diddy.net)
Subject: Re: What would you do in this situation?
Date: 2002-05-31 14:49:22 PST

Actually, I borrowed the vets office kitten once for a
couple days for school education on pet care and safe
handling as well as responsible pet ownership.

I kept the kitten over night in a crate within a crate
and yet my dog (yes, Angelic Danny, as well as Taya
and Toby tore that kittne to threads from between the
crate bars. (apparently he stuck his paws through the
crate to bat at the dogs. I was out doing yard work
and rushed in to find the little kittens pieces and
parts being torn through by ALL the dogs.

I called my girl friend to come get my dogs. I screamed
displeasure, and stalked out with the kitten. Danny, et
al spent 3 days in a kennel until I finally felt like I
could interact with them without doing bodily harm. All
three dogs were never touched, but knew they had done
something so unspeakable that I wouldn't associate with
them and they got banished.

To this day, Taya (mom and Dad's dog) and Danny will not
look at a cat. When confronted with one, Danny wees
himself and cowers hiding behind me for help. I'm not
saying this would work this way with all dogs, But mom
and dad now have a house cat, and she has never been
harmed by any of the dogs. Danny is there all the time,
unsupervised, and has no interest in harming the cat.

DIDDY ON CATS (shoot, don't trap)

From: diddy (diddy@nospam.diddy.net)
Subject: Re: Fur Auction Ohio State Trappers Association
Xenia Ohio Feb 15 2002
Newsgroups: alt. animals. furtrapping
Date: 2002-02-16 12:06:21 PST

If I can get him away from the Olympics, I'll have him
answer that. He doesn't know how to change the identity on
the computer, so if "I" answer this post... it's really
Jeff. And no.... we went to watch. He sold nothing. btw..
are these "CATS" feral domestic cats? (sorry not familiar
with Oklahoma) (I just shoot the DSH cats. Jeff caught a
couple cats last summer while nuisance trapping an orchard, but it
wasn't intentional)
--
diddy

==============================

BUT IF YOU DO TRAP, DO IT RIGHT (The cat went nuts....
they weren't supposed to go ape, to get themselves in this
situation).

---------------------------------

From: diddy (diddy@nospam.diddy.net)
Subject: Re: cats : Crating/Caging: What constitutes abuse?
Date: 2002-08-23 09:18:08 PST

Lyn wrote:
> > You know I'm a cat abuser because I let my cat out.
> > Alison

> Well, it totally depends upon where you live, as to
> whether or not doing so is in the best interest of your
> animal. Abuser isn't a term I would use, and I am a "cat
>group" regular.

Here it would be abuse. If you like your cat you keep it
home. I run a state authorized and monitored nuisance
animal trapline. This morning there was a cat in a snare.
Ordinarily, an animal caught in a snare can be released
unharmed. One of the animals I am targeting is coyotes
(and the complaint was that coyotes were killing area cats)
Duh.. If your cats are becoming lunch for wild animals, to
me .. It makes sense to keep your cats in where they can't
become lunch.. whatever.

Regarding this cat in the snare. It went nuts. It leaped,
and tangled itself, and most certainly strangulated it's
intestines. It had the snare pulled tight down to the
diameter of a dime (just large enough to encircle the
spine) around the waist area. This cats snarled, and
attacked. Trying to extricate this cat was exceedingly
difficult, not to mention dangerous. Because I feared
damage to the intestines and death of the gut, I imagined
this cat was not likely to survive. It would have
been much simpler to dispatch the unfortunate cat and take
out the dead body. Instead, this cat wore a collar. it
deserved a chance, and the owner deserved closure. (no id
on the collar) . It escaped, just as I released it and it
couldn't be taken to the vet for examination. I will
probably never know if this particular cat survives the
experience or not.

People in the area were aware that trapping was being
done and apparently still let their cats run free, both
endangered by the traps and by the coyotes being targeted
that are causing a problem with their cat population.
Had that cat not been wearing a collar, I would not have
tried to release this hostile cat. Releasing it may not have
been a kindness, but then... cats weren't supposed to be
attracted to this type of trap, in this position, and then
they weren't supposed to go ape, to get themselves in this
situation. If you like your pet, you keep them home.

From: diddy (diddy@nospam.diddy.net)
Subject: www. wild-about-trapping. com
Newsgroups: alt. animals. furtrapping
Date: 2002-02-11 13:00:29 PST

Hey Tobias!
I just sent some of my husband's trap line catches to
http://www.wild-about-trapping.com

I didn't get all his catch so far this year. In fact, I
didn't get most. So far he's had 14 beaver (largest ohio
beaver weighing in at 75 pounds, smallest at 35 pounds,
and the average about 45 pounds), 10 coyotes, 4 red fox, 3
muskrats, 38 raccoon, 1 mink. Fur Prices are WAY down,
and he sold those wonderful beaver for $8 apeice from the
raw fur buyer.

coyotes pay $3 a piece for raw furs. Raccoons $.50 a piece.
Hardly worth doing, but he's got to do SOMETHING or sitting
around the house with me would drive him stir crazy. <grin
I love seeing what he brings home, and even helping him (or
even actually running) his trap line with/for him.

Now when TrapperKD, Webmaster of wild-about-trapping. com
posts them, you can see somewhat the difference between ohio
Red Fox and German Reds. Also posted a Coyote too, i think
Going to see if i can find some of the beaver now.

--
diddy

"I admit our system fails occassionally"

> [...]

"I admit our system fails occassionally"

> The problems with it is that it eventually disintegrates, rusts,
pulls
> apart and need repair a lot. We placed tile blocks over the top,
> because the tent stakes stick up, and sometimes get hit by the
> lawnmower.

"I admit our system fails occassionally"

> Overall, it's a pretty decent system and works MOST of the time.

"I admit our system fails occassionally"

> The beagle is persistent, and tends to work the inner fencing,
that's
> flimsy down, or tear it, making exit holes. We recently cut down a
> couple yard trees that broke down sections of the fence and they
need
> re-enforcement.

"I admit our system fails occassionally"

> When the weather breaks, a whole new fence is in order, but the
system
> works MOST of the time.

"I admit our system fails occassionally"

> We did install an underground perimeter E-fence at the fence line,
and
> found a single strand 12 inch high electric cattle fence around the
> perimeter was just as effective, cheaper, less bothersome (no need
> wear heavy e-collars.. especially that mess up coats), but both
needed
> occassional maintenence.

"I admit our system fails occassionally"

> What we did.

"I admit our system fails occassionally"

> I admit our system fails occassionally, especially when snow drifts
> are over the top of the fences and erase any identifiable fenceline.

"I admit our system fails occassionally"

> We installed (BEFORE getting the beagle) a 100 foot trolly line that

> crosses the yard.

"I admit our system fails occassionally"

> This is a safe, effective restraint system that has always worked
when
> immediate repairs or extra security is desired.

> If I go away and leave the beagle outside. He goes to the trolly
line,
> whether the containment system is currently working or not.

"I admit our system fails occassionally"

> It's great for emergency situations, and the $17 last resort system
> gets used for the beagle far more than I ever expected. It still
> allows reasonable exercise range of area and mobility. The elkhounds

> and the beagle still play avidly, and it's the cheapest piece of
mind
> security ever.

"I admit our system fails occassionally"

> A trolly tether system is the best for temporary containment while
> discovering where the leak is. In the snow, it's easy to discover
the
> leak. In the summer, it's more difficult.

"I admit our system fails occassionally"

> I do not like, or use our current underground collar system

"I admit our system fails occassionally"

Whoops, Danny And Taya run away from unsecured yard and
imbecile owner. Will they survive life out in the wilderness
our amongst the coyote traps? Will they get mistaken for
coyotes and sold to the highest bidder at the fur auction?
Or will they live again to do a help dummy diddy do a
demonstration on safe and responsible pet ownership in the
kitchen with the vet's office kitten?

Stay tuned, fans...

From: Kathy Levee (klevee@zoo.uvm.edu)
Subject: Off Topic --MISSING DOGS
Date: 1999/04/14

I realize this has absolutely nothing to do with Disney.
Parks, but since those of us on this newsgroup are from
all over the country, I thought you would understand this
one time intrusion. We are desperate to find these
dogs.... Please, if you have any information, contact the
e-mail address at the bottom of the note. Thank you for
your understanding.........

Karyl Parks' dog Danny - Ch. Alpha's Decorum (I think that
is his correct registered name) is missing . For those
that have never met Danny - he is very special. Both
trained for Search and Rescue as well as service dog
trained, CDX, etc. He does all the things that service
dogs do from opening doors, turning on lights, getting
clothes and shoes. He is a marvel. He is nine years old
but does not show his age - he is about 60 pounds 22 1/2
inches, dark face. By tomorrow I will have a picture
available.

Monday night he was put out to do his business along with
Taya another elkie. At 10:00pm - both he and Taya were
gone from Karyl's yard. She heard nothing and the gate
was open but opened inward. Danny was neutered in the last
year so is not of any use to anyone for breeding.

Karyl has handed out over 1,200 flyers today - gone to the
schools where Danny was well known - he did demonstrations,
talked to neighbors

and combed the neighborhood. She lives in farm country
outside Greenville, Ohio.

Danny is a tall elkie - very handsome - microchipped. I
am looking for a picture I took when he visited here two
years ago. He was not wearing a collar when lost. Karyl
will talk to postal workers, garbage truck drivers, county
road crews, meter readers, tomorrow - has already contacted
law enforcement and shelters. Please for anyone in the area
or who can cross post this to other lists do it. This dog
is Karyl's life and she can not imagine life without him.

Taya - also an elkhound her parents dog - spayed female five
years old. Small size - I think only about 18 inches. They
could be together or separate - Taya did have a collar on.
Do not know if she is microchipped.

Karyl's email is kparks@bright.net

Thank you for your understanding...... we're posting this to
every list we are involved with and pray for their safe
return.

Kathy

=================================

> "diddy" <diddy@nospam.diddy.net> wrote in message

> > > Who's he? I can't see any posts by anyone of that name.
> > > Tell us about
> > > your dogs, please, Jennifer, Stan and Tara.
>
> > > Alikat
>
> > With strategic killfiling, I also don't see others
> > rebuttals either
>
> Yeah. Like you missed my information on breaking dogs of
> CHEWING and besides, you was too busy jerking and choking
> and scolding your dog.
>
> > It got quiet once I learned effective killfiling.
>
> Didn't it though??? Seein as most every thread is about
> Jerry Howe and why you should KILLFILE the INFORMATION you
> bums need and don't have cause if you admit to using my
> methods, your pals will be EMBARRASSED after they've been
> tellin everybody my methods don't work and I'm a liar and
> con man.
>
> That's O.K., diddler. I PLANNED it like that... I'm a dog
> trainer.
>
> > I haven't seen a JH post since last august..
>
> INDEED, but HE sees yours, diddler.
>
> > and thought he ceased to exist,
>
> Like your dog came close to not existing anyMOORE after
> chewin up some stuff and got HURT on it.
>
> Cost you THOUSANDS at the vet??? At least $1500.00, eh
> diddler?
>
> > until you mentioned that it's apparently a problem for you
>
> Seems Jerry's a bit of a problem for ALL of our dog
> lovers... who like to jerk and choke and shock and spray
> aversives in their dog's faces, diddler.
>
> Have a little whine to wash down the strings of carpet your
> dog swallowed cause you used it to cover something else he
> was chewing...
>
> > A Salute to Casey, and sent with sympathies.
>
> Save it diddler, you need it for yourself.
>
> You could have avoided the entire incident had you
> TRAINED your dog using my methods not to chew
> stuff. But you'd rather force, intimidate and barricade
> instead of handle and train your dog like a respectable
> dog handler and decent human being. Adios... Thug.
>
> Jerry.
>
> > diddy

> ================

> "diddy" <diddy@diddy.net> wrote in message

> > NG Posting Guy wrote

> > > I've only been here for a few days...

> > > but could someone explain these terms for me;

> > > HOWE
> > > MOORE
> > > BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

> > > Thanks!

> > It means the poster is insane and should be killfiled.
> > There are regular postings on how to do this.

BWEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAHAHAHAHHAHAAAA!!!

SEE?

The Amazing Puppy Wizard <{) ; ~ ) >

It's Only Alimentary, Dear Watson
2005-03-09 17:59:01 EST
There's a LOT of that goin arHOWEND, diddler. It's
CAUSED BY MISHANDLING and ABUSE like you do to your
dogs.

diddy wrote:
> in thread news:112upfkapo94o57@corp.supernews.com: "SheWolf"
> <shewolf@NOSPAMyadtel.net> whittled the following words:
>

> > Docking? Her tail is complete. Perfect Double curl. Or is it
something
> > else I'm unaware of?
>
> Oh duh. I just wasn't thinking.
>
> But I've heard of dogs in my breed do this behavior, and there was
nerve
> restrictions in the spine somewhere. It resulted in one dog eating
his own
> leg off.

SheWolf
2005-03-09 17:59:52 EST
[...]

2005-03-09 19:01:05 EST

> in thread news:112ule4f9k594b6@corp.supernews.com: "SheWolf"
> <shewolf@NOSPAMyadtel.net> whittled the following words:
>
> > I have a rescue pug that I got around October of last year. Her first
> > owner was an old lady that had to give her up when her husband died,
> > 2nd owner got rid of her when the dog bit her while being scolded for
> > deficating on the floor. 3rd owner dumped the dog after hois wife
> > left, and the dog again wasn't housebroken. I'm number 4. She's about
> > 4 years old ( vet's estamate).
> >
> > I've housetrained her (took about 2 months). But her biggest problem
> > is spinning in a circle, barking and snapping at her tail. More than
> > once, she has caused herself to bleed. She is flea-free (I use
> > Advantage year-round). She can't stand to have her tail touched in any
> > way, except during her bath. I use a shampoo for sensitive skin to
> > rule out an allergy. I've been trying to teach her basic commands, and
> > so far we have sit, come and a very shaky stay. Any thoughts?
> >
> > SheWolf
> >

> Have you discussed this with the vet? Could it be epilepsy?
Definately not epilepsy. Had another dog that died about 5 years ago that
had it. Chumley never had a problem like this. And yes, I did ask the vet
anyway. She said no, also :)

Could there be
> a nerve damaged during the docking?

Docking? Her tail is complete. Perfect Double curl. Or is it something else
I'm unaware of?

I'd rule out everything medical before
> considering this a behavioral problem

T*@fastmail.fm
2005-03-10 12:17:20 EST
Re: Pug with issues
HOWEDY SheWolf,

"SheWolf" <shewolf@NOSPAMyadtel.net> wrote in message

> "It's Only Alimentary, Dear Watson" <PerryStalsis@Animail.Net> wrote
in
> message news:1110406859.670888.204610@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> > HOWEDY SheWolf,
>
> > > I've been trying to teach her basic commands,
>
> > THAT'S HOWE COME she's GOT OCD.
>
> Training her is causing OCD?

INDEEDY. ALL OCD'S are CAUSED BY STRESS,
according to The Amazing Puppy Wizard and verified
recently by Perdue University.

> I'll give benifit of the doubt here.

Dog training AIN'T LUCK. "Luck is for SUCKERS,"
The Puppy Wizard's DADDY <{) ; ~ ) >

> Since I didn't say how I train.

"The PROOF is IN the puddin," as they say...
Your dog is SUFFERING from a DEATHLY
PSYCHOGENIC NEUROLOGICAL DIS-EASE
CAUSED BY STRESS aka The Puppy Wizard's
SYNDROME <{) ; ~ ) >

> I've trained her using similar techniques
> that I've used with my Apaloosa stud.

That so?

> John Lyons methods.

You mean THIS John Lyons, SheWolf?:

Subject: Re: John Lyons '3 second rule'
[was Re: Poor Geri Hurst...]

In article
<gkatele.spamkill-070399200618­0...@d45.canal.interaccess.com­>,
g*.@interaccess.c­om (George Katele) wrote:
>In article <36e1653e.61806...@news.techli­ne.com>, m...@techline.com
>(spencer) wrote:

>> Thought I saw somewhere that "Lyons on Horses"
>> had been re-released, so to speak. If so, has anyone
>> checked to see if he still states the Rule in the same way?
>
> Yep, I just got a copy of the book, so it¹s probably
> the re-released version. He says that you want that
> horse to think that he¹s made the biggest mistake
> of his soon-to-be-short life.

>The rules are as stated:
>
> 1) You have 3 seconds: After that you kiss and make up
>
> 2) Any weapon (within reach), including shovels, etc. is
> fair game.
>
> 3) You¹re not allowed to hit on the head, after all, you
> want to KILL him, not blind him.

>Biting is NOT permitted, under any circumstance.

"Lyons on Horses" ISBN 0-385-41398-X Doubleday 1991

"While we're talking about losing our temper,
I'll tell you about my three-second rule.

The horse never ever has the right to kick or bite you.

Biting is more dangerous than kicking because it is a
more aggressive act on the horse's part. You can't ever
justify that action in your mind.

I don't want to be bitten. If the horse tries to bite me,
I try to kill (in italics) him. His act is that dangerous,
and my rule is that simple.

I have three seconds in which to kill (in italics) this
thousand-pound beast. The only limitation I'll put
on the murder, is that his head will be off limits.

Remember, I don't want to blind him, I want to kill
(in italics) him. Immediately after I've exhausted the
three seconds, I'll pet him to reassure him that I still
like him, but he knows that he made a serious (in
italics) mistake that almost cost him his life.

The word pet is important here. Pet, or rub, or stroke
your horse. Do not slap him. Slapping is an aggressive
gesture to the horse. Also do not lightly touch the horse.

Horses are ticklish and find this annoying.

Remember to always pet and reassure the horse after
you have invoked the three second rule.

This rule can be used any time the horse is biting."

The Amazing Mrs. Puppy Wizard SEZ that S-HOWENDS
LIKE the koehler method of dog trainin, SheWolf <{) ; ~ ) >

> I do not abuse, lock up or in any way mishandle my animal.

RIGHT... You PREFER the John Lyons method which
VIOLATES ALL the RULES of The SCIENCE of BEHAVIOR: