Dog Discussion: Puppy From Hell...

Puppy From Hell...

S*@yahoo.com
2005-02-28 13:03:16 EST
She's not a bad puppy. Actually, she never messes on the carpet. But,
her health has been a problem since we bought her. I bought her over
the internet and of course you always think its going to be okay, but
it hasn't been. Serious vet bills more than 10 times the amount we
paid for the puppy. How do you keep from getting taken to the cleaners
when buying a puppy?

Jrprice
2005-02-28 13:43:44 EST
In article <1109613796.801872.193940@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
s*n@yahoo.com says...
> She's not a bad puppy. Actually, she never messes on the carpet. But,
> her health has been a problem since we bought her. I bought her over
> the internet and of course you always think its going to be okay, but
> it hasn't been. Serious vet bills more than 10 times the amount we
> paid for the puppy. How do you keep from getting taken to the cleaners
> when buying a puppy?

Not that difficult, really if you take the time to do your homework
first:

1) Buy only from recognized, reputable breeders (check with your local
AKC sanctioned breed dog club for recommendations). Bought over the
internet? Sounds like a possible front for an amateur (bad) or puppy
mill (worse), which is just asking for problems.
2) Research for any generally known possible health issues for that
breed. Different breeds represent different health risks. Talk to your
vet and get his/her input as to what health related questions and issues
to raise with the breeder.
3) Demand and verify the breeder's health exam records for the puppy,
particularly any testing done for conditions in 2).
4) Ask for owner references from the breeder for other recent (last 6
months) puppies.
5) Demand a written, money back, 30 day (minimum) health warranty from
the breeder (mine gave me 1 year).
6) Have the puppy thoroughly examined by your own vet immediately after
acquisition. If there is a problem, take it back to the breeder. I know
you've probably formed an attachment to the dog, but you'll be happier
long term.

If the breeder won't cooperate with any part of this, go elsewhere. They
aren't willing to stand behind their dogs.

Of course, you can always visit your local shelter and go the "Heinz 57"
route. Mutts need love too.

T*@Mail.Com
2005-02-28 23:26:53 EST

Here's your FREE copy of The Amazing Puppy
Wizard's FREE WWW Wits' End Dog Training
Method Manual: http://makeashorterlink.com/?G34D2527A

Just ASK The Amazing Puppy Wizard if you
need any additional FREE heelp. There's NO
arbritrary INFORMATION in your FREE copy
of The Amazing Puppy Wizard's FREE WWW
Wits' End Dog Training Method Manual so
study it well and do and follow ALL the
EXXXERCISES AS INSTRUCTED... it's a
PRECISE SCIENCE or it COULDN'T GET
100% CONSISTENT NEARLY INSTANT
SUCCESS for all handlers and all dogs in
all fields or utilities and behaviors all over
the Whole Wild World <{) ; ~ ) >

Chronic DIS-EASE
PROVING The Puppy Wizard's SYNDROME <{);~ ) >

HOWEDY People,

The Amazing Puppy Wizard got no comment
on the medical treatment of your dog's chronic
DIS-EASES EXXXCEPT to say DOGS DIE FROM
THIS STUFF.

You've read The Amazing Puppy Wizard's Archives
so you probably know there's a very real likliHOOD
that your dog's chronic ear infections are similiar in
nature to those of professor SCRUFF SHAKE'S little
chronically ill dog Maxie who is DUE to come DHOWEN
with yet another BHOWET of SYMPTOMS due to
FHOWEL weather causing cabin fever which usually
brings abHOWET a case of obedience training!

Clicker training INCREASES anXXXIHOWESNESS and MISTRUST.

Corrections traininng INCREASES anXXXIHOWESNESS and MISTRUST.

Crate training INCREASES anXXXIHOWESNESS and MISTRUST.

Spay / neutering CAUSES INCREASED anXXXIHOWESNES and MISTRUST.

AnXXXIHOWENESS and MISTRUST causes STRESS INDUCED
AUTO-IMMUNE DIS-EASE aka The Puppy Wizard's SYNDROME
<{); ~ ) >

The Amazing Puppy Wizard URGES you to READ
HIS TEN STEP REHABILITATION program offered
to professor SCRUFF SHAKE for his little dog
Maxie The Magnificent FuriHOWESLY Obsessive
Compulsive Masturbator's CHRONIC STRESS INDUCED
AUTO-IMMUNE DIS-EASES aka The Puppy Wizard's
SYNDROME <{); ~ ) >

Then ASK YOURSELF HOWE you handled and trained
your dog for ordinary HOWEstraining and obedience.
ASK YOURSELF HOWE many times a day do you ordinarily
tell your dog "NO!" or otherWIZE intimidate or
FORCE CON-TROLL of your dog for ANY reason.

ASK YOURSELF HOWE you handle him on lead and consider
any crating or bribing to elicit or force CON-TROLL
of behaviors and you will likely see five or ten DAILY,
almost insignificant instances of random STRESS from
corrections, pulling while leash walking or anXXXIHOWESNESS
from fence running and barking or digging to relieve anXXXIHOWESNESS.

That's HOWE COME dog's IMMUNE SYSTEMS compromise
offering VERY SIMILAR although WILDLY, WIDELY
RANGING, CHRONIC, STRESS INDUCED SYMPTOMS, every
thing from LAMENESS and CRUCIATE LIGAMENT ruptures
and degenerative myelopathies and ENDOCRINE DIS-EASES
to SEIZURES, OCD's to CATARACTS BLINDNESS and even
DENTAL DIS-EASE and "ALLERGIES" and "SPAY INCONTINENCE"

MOST of HOWER dog lover's dog's got a case of chronic
sumpthin or other for THE SAME SAME SAME SAME REASONS.

These HUGE PERCENTAGES of CHRONICALLY ILL
and FEAR AGGRESSIVE SHY and SUBMISSIVE dogs
are NOT NORMAL illnesses and behaivors..

The Amazing Puppy Wizard has over forty
years field observation of problem dogs that
SEZ the HUGE PERCENTAGES of DEATHLY
ILL DOGS amongst the regular posters who've
been here FOR YEARS are NOT COIN-CIDENTAL.

Your reply may PROVE IT at least to you and
The Amazing Puppy Wizard. THAT'S HOWE
COME the DOG LOVERS you're askin are
gonna KILLFILE YOU if you REPLY.

THAT'S HOWE COME The Amazing Puppy Wizard
SEZDECENT PEOPLE DO NOT POST HERE abHOWETS,
as YOU'VE SEEN in The Amazing Puppy Wizard's
Archives.

Here's your FREE copy of The Amazing Puppy
Wizard's FREE WWW Wits' End Dog Training
Method Manual: http://makeashorterlink.com/?G34D2527A

Just ASK The Amazing Puppy Wizard if you
need any additional FREE heelp. There's NO
arbritrary INFORMATION in your FREE copy
of The Amazing Puppy Wizard's FREE WWW
Wits' End Dog Training Method Manual so
study it well and do and follow ALL the
EXXXERCISES AS INSTRUCTED... it's a
PRECISE SCIENCE or it COULDN'T GET
100% CONSISTENT NEARLY INSTANT
SUCCESS for all handlers and all dogs in
all fields or utilities and behaviors all over
the Whole Wild World <{) ; ~ ) >

The CURSE Of The Amazing Puppy Wizard <{) ; ~ ) >
Or Is It Just NATURAL LAW, Tit For Tat, And All Of
That, Perhaps?

HOWEDY People,

You could train your dog not to EAT POISON or
SNAKES or KAT CRAP or SURF from the C-HOWENTERS
or not to escape or whatever you want but ONLY
if you study and follow the INSTRUCTIONS it takes
which ONLY The Amazing Puppy Wizard makes that
can teach you HOWE to DO IT YOURSELF... but YOU
WON'T on accHOWENT of you'd PREFER to HURT BRIBE
FORCE and INTIMIATE your dog just like your kids
and your SPHOWES you KNOW HOWE to DO THAT too,
don't you, dog lovers.

Is It The CURSE Of The Amazing Puppy Wizard
<{) ; ~ ) > Or Is It Just NATURAL LAW, Tit For
Tat, And All Of That, Perhaps?

HOWEDY People,

Look arHOWEND at the liars and dog
abusing mental cases you're rubbin
elbows with while askin for heelp to
hurt and intimdiate the CUNNIN domestic
puppy dog you ain't got the intellect to
HOWEtwit <{) ;~ ) >

THAT'S the COMPANY YOU BEEN KEEPIN.

Like HOWE The Amazing Puppy Wizard SEZ
"You're JUDGED BY the company you keep.
When you lie with pigs you'll awaken STINKIN
like 'em," a lesson taught at the heel of The
Puppy Wizard's DADDY <{) ; ~ ) >

THAT'S HOWE COME The Amazing Puppy
Wizard SEZ DECENT PEOPLE DO NOT
POST HERE abHOWETS <{) ; ~ ) >

THAT INCLUDES YOURSELF as PROVEN
by your own POSTED CASE HISTORY.

"When you POST HERE abHOWETS The Amazing
Puppy Wizard will NO HOWET IDENTIFY EXXXPOSE
and Discredit and leave you TURNED HOWET and
F'd OFF for the last remnants of your dignity
and self respect, if you EVER THOUGHT you EVER
had any and YOUR OWN WORDS will IDENTIFY EXXXPOSE
and DISCREDIT YOURSELF to your friends business
associates and kin for the rest of your life
and for generations to come... on accHOWENT of
EVERY THING is indellibly archived FOREVER in
The Amazing Puppy Wizard's Archives <{) ; ~ ) >

Caroline
2005-03-01 04:01:53 EST

<*n@yahoo.com> wrote
> She's not a bad puppy. Actually, she never messes on the carpet. But,
> her health has been a problem since we bought her. I bought her over
> the internet and of course you always think its going to be okay

NO! It's never OK to buy a live animal over the internet. Whatever gave you
that idea?

>, but
> it hasn't been. Serious vet bills more than 10 times the amount we
> paid for the puppy. How do you keep from getting taken to the cleaners
> when buying a puppy?

By doing your research

T*@Mail.Com
2005-03-01 04:23:35 EST
sez you?

Sorackem
2005-03-01 14:12:27 EST
s*n@yahoo.com wrote in news:1109613796.801872.193940
@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> How do you keep from getting taken to the cleaners
> when buying a puppy?

A responsible person wouldn't be buying a puppy online. No reputable
breeder would supply a dog in such a way.

You could have done yourself and your community a service by going down to
your shelter or rescue agency and picked out a nice young dog who would
have been screened for you.

All you did was to perpetuate the intent of some degenerate to fill that
cage with another questionably bred pup.

-Brian ..no patience for willful stupidity..

C*@mygreenlife.org
2005-03-03 18:32:28 EST
If your child became sick and you had massive medical bills would you
whine and complain like the life of your newborn was simply a
commodity? I think not. The (rather unwise) method of buying your
animal online before meeting it has nothing to do with your financial
difficulty now. You use the words "bought" instead of "get", you
mention "bills" and "paid" and "taken to the cleaners", as if THEY are
the thorns in your back, NOT the actual heath problems of your dog.
Nobody's taking you to the cleaners--you simply can't afford to have a
puppy, or are petty, stingy person. That dog loves you unconditionally
and depends on you 100% for it's wellbeing. Shame on you for being so
heartless. Either shell out the money to improve the life of your dog,
or give it to a shelter or friend who can.

Tirya
2005-03-03 22:02:51 EST
<*s@mygreenlife.org> wrote in message
> If your child became sick and you had massive medical bills would you
> whine and complain like the life of your newborn was simply a
> commodity? I think not. The (rather unwise) method of buying your
> animal online before meeting it has nothing to do with your financial
> difficulty now. You use the words "bought" instead of "get", you
> mention "bills" and "paid" and "taken to the cleaners", as if THEY are
> the thorns in your back, NOT the actual heath problems of your dog.
> Nobody's taking you to the cleaners--you simply can't afford to have a
> puppy, or are petty, stingy person. That dog loves you unconditionally
> and depends on you 100% for it's wellbeing. Shame on you for being so
> heartless. Either shell out the money to improve the life of your dog,
> or give it to a shelter or friend who can.

As someone who has passed the "$8,000 in the past six weeks" mark for our 13
year old rescue dog that we've had for less than a year...

THANK YOU.

Tirya

Ron
2005-03-04 00:28:45 EST
The next time think about rescuing a dog from an animal shelter. Mixed
breeds make great pets and the shelters make sure they are healthy before
you take them home. Unscrupulous breeders produce animals that are inbred
and genetically inferior.10 million dogs are put down every year, be
responsible and rescue an animal.
Ron

<*n@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> She's not a bad puppy. Actually, she never messes on the carpet. But,
> her health has been a problem since we bought her. I bought her over
> the internet and of course you always think its going to be okay, but
> it hasn't been. Serious vet bills more than 10 times the amount we
> paid for the puppy. How do you keep from getting taken to the cleaners
> when buying a puppy?

Stu Pittasso
2005-03-04 06:38:40 EST
Yeah yeah yeah, she's a bad human and is on a subway to hell for buying a
puppy over the internet. Now how about someone answering her *question*?
Did ya ever think that maybe someone had nothing but the best intentions and
just made an innocent, ill-informed mistake before you get all hardcore on
her?
Jesus....

The simple answer would be to go to reputable breeders with good references,
or take a chance on a shelter pup. As someone said, they can make the best
pets. I have a rat terrier/Jack Russell mix and he's the best pal I ever
had. Wouldn't trade him for a million bucks! You never said what the
puppy's medical issue was, but unfortunately I don't think you have much
recourse. What did the person who sold you the dog say about your problems?
Did they offer any guarantee?
Good luck.
Lori